Glenn Beck - sinking like a stone

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 110 discussions (507 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 11 years ago

You are very welcome! smile  Other than that, good luck with your Hub writing.

2. profile image0

I frankly am not that interested...and especially not interested in anybody's street address.  And there were a few involved in a certain 'intervention' concerning a troll.  Friends.  My knowledge is second hand. 

In a rural place, though, with a person who obviously isn't very technically savvy...or has impressed you as savvy period, I think you could assume they are not generating false IP addresses as to general location.

But thank you for the information, Nicomp.

1. nicomp profile image69
      nicompposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't let the facts interfere with your opinion! I assumed you'd make the connection, but evidently not.

PS> Rural <> !technically savvy

3. profile image0

I'm not THAT tech savvy, and admit it.  I'm a writer.  I understand you're a computer programmer...so, you are very tech savvy, I'd assume.

See?  Thats what this Us Vs. Them thing does.  You don't know me...I'm not any sort of elitist snob. 

So what is it you would have me know?  As I said, I got any information I have from secondary sources, which I would trust...  And any number information does not change the obvious verbal fact that a troll out trolling is a troll.

Anyway, this conversation is dumb.  The only reason I even come back to these things is to explain my actual position--I don't come at it like the Us vs. Them people.  I suppose desiring clarification has to do with reputation, as well, since I use my real name.

1. tksensei profile image61
      tksenseiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And a psycho out stalking is a psycho...

2. tksensei profile image61

Oh, obviously... roll

4. nicomp profile image69
    nicompposted 11 years ago

I agree that it's dumb.

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Then I'm glad we agree, wink.

Never be able to out-verbalize, I'm afraid, though.  lol.

You guys have a GREAT day!  I've got much to do.

Busy, busy. Gotta buy some night vision goggles, cut out random letters from the latest edition of The Atlantic, pick out a tree to climb...where does the time go?

5. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 11 years ago

You can set your IP address to be random, but it is difficult if you don't know the ins & outs of IP.  Most community forums are able to see your IP address, but it doesn't do much good.  If you were to google "my IP address" you'd be surprised at where you are located.  I'm in Colorado - but am I really?

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How do they see an IP in a forum? I am curious now. I mean how do you get it?

1. Jane@CM profile image59
        Jane@CMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

To be honest, I don't know.  I use to moderate a message board and the moderators and admins could see the IP address of the members when they posted.  I guess the admins kept track to of ppl who used an alias....I thought it was like spying myself!

1. profile image0

It is spying and for what reason I don't know. Seems a bit wrong to me!

6. profile image0

As far as I know (and most people, in general), the only way to track an IP is on a hub, where they are published for the author (whose space it is) to see.

I don't think it is 'spying.'  There is a lot of weird stuff on the internet, many people trolling and out for kicks, many actual, real stalkers.  A certain friend here was being stalked by people with multiple accounts on Hubpages...  This allowed her to deny those posters with the same IP.

What this anonymity (assumed) does for people on the internet is allow them at times, to be malicious.  No where else in real life is that acceptable.

1. profile image0

I wouldn't think you would have thought it was stalking or spying, you have used this practice yourself. To people who don't care what anothers IP is its simply spying.

2. nicomp profile image69

I agree. Bizarre behavior is magnified because people think they are anonymous. Bloggers, etc., should think twice about revealing private information.

3. tksensei profile image61

Apparently so.

1. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Troll #2. They usually work as a team.

1. profile image0

In your heated imagination, "Madame."  Though I might think his persuasions could follow in your direction.

1. profile image0

His, and your, persuasions could flip on a dime, if that's what your handlers told you to do.

2. blue dog profile image60
            blue dogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lita, now there's an impostor beck forum going.  how will you ever keep up?

1. profile image0

Think I'll go take some black and white photos, blue dog, wink  You do realize this is my real name, etc., right?  I guess I feel these are attacks against that.

And that thread will have no posts.  They thrive on confrontation.

1. blue dog profile image60

the camera's such great therapy.  send some images.

7. profile image0

You are entitled to your opinion, of course.  It is Hubpages practice...I certainly did not initiate it.  I did notice your 'curiosity,' concerning the tracking of forum posts, however.

1. profile image0

Yeah to find out how its done to change my settings, not to spy on anyone. I do not care who anyone on this forum is, thats the cool thing about me I will respect your privacy!

You could be a one legged Asian man with swine flu for all I know or care, but someone who would fly from Georgia to Texas to have a bad day should remain anonymous!

Nonsense. Texas doesn't allow incoming flights from Georgia.

1. profile image0

You may be right

I may be wrong.

1. profile image0

I might just be what your looking for

Billy Joel

8. dean77 profile image61
    dean77posted 11 years ago

Hey Tex, who is this fool trying to be a tough guy? Send the Lib my way, I'll mail his eyeballs back to his mother in a box just to have the excuse to use up all the extra postage stamps I have laying around. Let him try and track me, they'll find what's left of him in a dumpster somewhere. Whoever this Lib is, he better realize real quick he's out of his league.

It's a girl. Most Liberals are.

1. profile image0

I don't know Dean most likely a Radical Revolutionary, they all seem to be these days!

2. profile image0

Can I watch?

9. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 11 years ago

All computers have an ID code. When they want to know who posts what, or what sites you visit, they just look up your computer's ID code. Which then gives them your name, address, phone number(s), credit card number that you used to purchase the computer, bank where you have the credit card account, bank from where you write your checks to pay the credit card balance off, and your social security number.

10. dean77 profile image61

This is a girl?! Oh crap--I didn't know that. It is now my duty to apologize to this woman. It doesn't matter if she's a whacked-out lib or not, I don't threaten or disrespect women--it's just not the way I was raised.

So my advice Tex, is to just turn this lib over your knee and send her on her way.

1. profile image0

Well if Randy is a woman I will turn her over my knee, but I think he's a guy!

Lita if the WORDS scare you maybe you should go somewhere else!

Yes X, you can come hang out in Texas, go kill a few hogs and shoot some pretty doves, have a grand ol time!

11. profile image0

Yep, wink.  Glad I impress you'all as being so tough.  Bring it on, lol.

This kind of talk is sooooo charming, too (heavy sarcasm).  Or at least, I'm sure it is among you all towards each other, wink.

Seriously, though, the one post sounds very sincerely violent...and should probably be deleted.  But since the Libs in San Fran have a bad case of 'giving equal time,' to violent Neocons in a kinda politically correct way, I don't think it will be.

12. dean77 profile image61

Yes Lita, I can be extremely violent when I have to be. Threatening me, my friends, my family, my brothers in arms, my country, and any REAL woman, or children, in my presence, will spark a violent reaction in me the likes you have never seen.

Ok folks, I'm playing catch up here. Tex, nicomp, madamx, is this Lita a woman pretending to be a man, a man pretending to be a woman, or just a confused he/she who doesn't know what the hell it is?

1. profile image0

Troll. They can be either sex but they're always libs. Conservatives are too busy minding their own business.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

We have a winner!

Most ridiculous comment ever.

Calling TK a liberal is really out there.

2. profile image0

We are not talking about Lita, Randy from Georgia, you would have to go back to page 11/12 maybe further back.

I know Lita they are always Special Forces, and no one has to be "Familiar" with Texas I offered my address to the feller!

13. profile image0

You people ARE crazies you know, save perhaps Nicomp.

Last time my boyfriend checked, I was a girl.  BTW, that boyfriend has special forces training as an army officer, and is very familiar with Texas.  I know how y'all love that kind of talk, so there it is. wink

And you do sincerely scare me, though not in the way you intend, I'm sure.

It's not that bad. Lita likes me.

14. dean77 profile image61

Lita, where did your boyfriend take his basic training and what base was he permanently stationed? All Army special forces must have jump training, where did he receive his? Just curious.

1. profile image0

I think Fort Bragg...(?)  And yes, he was a captain, medic, artillery officer.  Was in Desert Storm.  He's an architect now.

OK, now I have to go through this thing about 'proving?'  omg, always so weird...

I'm sure he's not 'interested' in any of this, frankly, and would probably say I'm insane (and he's not half off) for continuing to post on this forum...ever.

1. profile image0

Your not insane just confusing people! We all did our part in one conflict or 6!

But I have never met anyone who falsely claimed to be in the service who was not Special Forces, seems if your gonna lie tell a good one!

15. profile image0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3255/2691765356_5f34b5936a_m.jpg

Cute guy, huh?  I think so!  smile

*edit:  And, Tex, I said he "had training."  It isn't a lie.  I don't lie.

1. profile image0

I wouldn't date him, but hey its the hetero in me! I don't care if he is Chesty Puller reborn, I am not sure why you added anything about the Military!

Maven is here to fix the thread, thats good!

2. Eaglekiwi profile image80
      Eaglekiwiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think you must indeed be a cute couple smile

This beck guy is sure taking up a lot of interest.

And some of the posts have been wierd,hostile even

Geeze doesnt pay to be free with your opinion in the land of the free ,now does it lol

1. profile image0

And lots of fun

Try and roll with it EK. . .

2. profile image0

Thanks, Eaglekiwi!  smile And you are right...very weird.  It's bad in that when they attack, you (I) feel you have to respond.

And nothing they are saying is even 'real' debate.  Just mainly a lot of bilge.  It's really gotten bad around here on the forums of late.

Really, really bad.

16. maven101 profile image82
    maven101posted 11 years ago

Getting back on topic...recent surveys show Beck's show has been the most widely watched show on cable television with viewers approaching 3 million...His week-long series on Obama's Czars has resonated with both conservatives and independents...

1. profile image0

Maven thats what I have been saying all along, I am wondering what is sinking like a stone.

1. profile image0

The "sinking" part is liberal wish-thinking.

1. profile image0

Obviously, maybe they can pick on Hannity next! Have any of their boycotts worked? Or how about Obama getting dirty with Limbaugh, Obama is a serious dude ya know!

1. maven101 profile image82
            maven101posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Obama climbed out of the shallow end of the gene pool, buck naked, and everyone proclaimed he had the most beautiful clothes on...Intelligence..? Listen to his stuttering, stammering responses to questions not given to him on a tele-prompter or face to face with a serious journalist like Bill O'Reilly ( he has refused to appear on ANY Fox news show since that debacle )..Foreign Policy acumen..? Taking a line from Bush 1 when he said Bill Clinton's foreign policy extended to the International House of Pancakes, would apply here...Education..? Who knows...transcripts are hidden away from public scrutiny..he seems to have arrived in New York, fully formed and fully funded to attend Harvard...must be nice to have a sugar daddy...I wonder who that might be...I ain't seeing no clothes...

shoot, guess i better start watching o'really.  didn't know he'd been promoted to the school of serious journalism.

1. profile image0

Probably not as serious as Chris (its my job to make sure Obama succeeds) Matthews but still pretty a much a big deal!

2. nicomp profile image69

My New Favorite pundit. Rock on, Maven.

2. profile image0

Yeah, and when one sponsor gets "scared off" by all the ACORN phone calls and emails, another sponsor is jumping at the chance to take their place.

17. dean77 profile image61

Lita, I took my training at the 101, graduated Ranger School at Benning, and was permanently posted at Bragg. I wasn't an officer though, I worked for a living.

Randy from Georgia--you better stay in Georgia; that is unless you want to be pulling both legs out of your ass.

Oh yea, CNN and MSNBC would die to have Glenn Beck's ratings. Fox destroys all the others, consistently, in all time frames. It's what happens when you report the facts, the people support you.

18. dean77 profile image61

Hey maven--most of the people who criticize Glenn Beck, don't even watch his show. They're just spewing second hand information heard from their fellow Libs. It's the same with Rush and Hannity and O'Riely. I would truly hate to be a liberal these days, knowing that the vast majority of the American people are not. But there is some good news for them--Venezuela is only a airline ticket away.

1. profile image0

I don't know Dean Chavez says Obama will be to the left of him and Castro! Thats pretty left!

19. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

Wow, some interesting comments while I was gone.  Most made by anonymous posters though.  I did send Texas an email like I said I would.  If he is indeed from Texas.

1. profile image0

I am indeed from Texas and the information has been sent! Dean apparently your anonymous!

2. blue dog profile image60

hey randy,

we're all learning bubbaspeak today.  it's been quite entertaining, but somewhat lacking in the educational arena.

1. profile image0

At least this uneducated bunch uses correct capitalization.

THAT CAN SOMETIMES BE A HUGE PROBLEM< I AGREE>

1. profile image0

You're a funny guy..or not

Did you get the nuance where I held down the shift key for the comma and the period? Was that too subtle? Should I be more obvious?

20. nicomp profile image69

You all need to get a room.

21. nicomp profile image69

Man, I miss Tucker Carlson.

1. profile image0

He shows up on Fox news occasionally! Minus the bow tie.

I'd pay to watch him intellectually dismantle Olbermann.

22. Derrik profile image61
    Derrikposted 11 years ago

MAVEN101:

I have to make a point, while I don't support Obama, I have to say there may have been one or two instances where he had problems without a teleprompter, but the guy is an excellent speaker.  I saw one speech where he intentionally went off script and it was clear he was using a teleprompter, then he stopped and looked right at the camera and made a great argument on that topic.  So while I have issues with the guy, one of the commonly held reasons people are confident of him is his ability to speak very articulately.  One of my problems despite this, is he is so good at avoiding the reasons for many of his policies, and instead he gives his opinions on why those policies will work and what they will accomplish.  People eat it all up because he can make even the worst plan of action sound like the best way to go.  Unfortunately.

1. profile image0

Except this health care idiocy.

23. profile image0
    A Texanposted 11 years ago

I think I will end my time on this topic, Beck is not sinking like a stone much to the chagrin of you liberals. He is instead gaining popularity and will more than likely get huuuuge bonuses.

As far as a person coming to visit me the information has been exchanged and all he needs to do is not talk about but be about it!

Dean you have again truly entertained me today and you are an asset to the United States Army!

Maven101 has described Barry to a T!

Lita has a boyfriend and nicomp is bummed!

And Blue dog, well, he just is!

24. profile image0

Nicomp is an old married guy & I'm now his fan, smile.  Because though a conservative he's kinda OK.  Unlike others. So, haha.

And Blue Dog IS a good photographer, because he is.

Beck is being kept alive by controversy, but when that fades (case in point, Sarah Palin), he'll have to deal with loss of revenue due to all the blue chip advertisers pulling the plug.  Business is business.

Married and happy to be so. Old, not so much. Conservative, affirmative. Republican, not any more.

2. profile image0

Ha, tricked ya!

The only problem with your theory of the pending obscurity of Glenn Beck is he has topped the ratings for his time slot for the entire time he has been at fox.

Sarah Palin has faded? She is not at the top of the liberal medias headhunting list but she is still creating a buzz, remember the fake death panels that the Dems removed from the legislation? I know they didn't say "death panels" but bureaucrats deciding who gets what health care can't be anything else!

25. profile image0
    jaynap01posted 11 years ago

To those of you who think Ebeck is wrong, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI77cU3j … eature=fvw

26. profile image0
    jaynap01posted 11 years ago

As Robert Seidman of TV by the Numbers reports

Though a little scandal might alienate advertisers, it's pure ratings gold. Last night Glenn Beck had over 3 million viewers at 5pm, second only to O'Reilly for the night. But, Beck had more 25-54 viewers than O'Reilly (888K to 876K). (snip) Even though Beck airs before primetime, when there are fewer people watching TV, he had the most 25-54 viewers in the cable news world for the night.
    http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/200 … ded_c.html

Enough said.

27. dean77 profile image61

This has been a lot of fun, Tex.

Randy from Georgia--you'd better stay in Carter Country. Tex is a former marine from the old school, not a sissy-boy, limp-wristed Liberal. He'll rip your head off and spit down your neck, and not lose a minutes sleep over it. If you've never killed a man in combat, you'd better stay home with your poodle and your peaches. Marines do not play; and even when they do, they do not play nice.

All this from a man standing in his yard raking the grass?

Have you spread all that mulch yet?

wink

2. profile image0

I don't plan on ripping his head off, nicomp for someone who doesn't want to be dragged into things you sure seem to be involving yourself, Was that too subtle?

1. profile image0

I don't know how to make a smiley face.

1. profile image0

Dean, when does the Vols season start?

28. dean77 profile image61

Yep, my yard is in tip top shape. Don't let the rake fool you though--tucked into the back of my shorts, beneath my shirt, is a Desert Eagle .44 semi-automatic--my personal side-arm during my tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. <snipped>

1. profile image0

Its a long way to come to well, you know. How about them Vols what do they look like? T for Texas and T for Tennessee! Should be a good season!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Came back totally sane did you? roll

1. profile image0

None of us have come back sane, problem?

Physically threatening people in a forum....

Yes, he will soon realize he has a BIG problem.

1. profile image0

I'll let you girls have your thread back so you can have a group hug! Whiners!

I like hugging girls. smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image80

Oh hell!

1. earnestshub profile image90
          earnestshubposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What sort of childish dick waving is this? Guns and injuring people? Pathetic!

i found it a bit extreme, too.  i do notice, however, his about face in attitude once the comment was reported.

29. profile image0

Have you noticed when I leave the libs come out and say something stupid? "Glenn Beck is being kept alive by controversy", I don't think they ever read anything but Obama soundbites!

30. profile image0

This was interesting

35 % of McCain voters got 10 or more of 13 questions correct.

18% of Obama voters got 10 or more of 13 questions correct.

McCain voters knew which party controls congress by a 63-27 margin.

Obama voters got the “congressional control” question wrong by 43-41.

Those that got "congressional control" correct voted 56-43 for McCain.

Those that got "congressional control" wrong voted 65-35 for Obama.

31. Eaglekiwi profile image80
    Eaglekiwiposted 11 years ago

Ok I get it now!

The ones who are rooting for Beck also dont like Obama,right?

I know who Lita is, very smart lady indeed, but dont know who dean77 is??.

Feels like one of those meetings down at the town hall lol

Why get so serious guys ,geeze, its only politics wink

1. profile image0

its hub pages type in Dean77 and voila....

1. Eaglekiwi profile image80

Ok cool ,so Dean could have done the same with Lita's name too...guess he was just bein mean.

32. SweetiePie profile image86
    SweetiePieposted 11 years ago

All I have to say is anyone who thinks Lita is a man really should try reading some of her posts and hubs.  She is clearly a woman using her own picture and real name, which is not something many of the men here are doing.  Everyone has the right to use an avatar or a screen name, but I find it hilarious that those who hide behind those avatars accuse people using their real pictures of being impostors.  This thread has truly gone off the deep end since the last time I checked, but that goes with the territory of Glenn Beck and his fans.  The new title for this thread should be "Glenn Beck's Groupies Unite".

1. profile image0

I guess you all wanted this thread to stay liberal so you could delude yourselves? Hate opposition that much?

1. SweetiePie profile image86
        SweetiePieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually I could care less, but I hope you also realize that many people in America do not share your views.  People keep talking about how being liberally is the sissy thing to do and something oh so new, but my family has voted Democratic for generations.  We have always been ahead of our time when it came to accepting others because that is just the way we do things.  There have always been conservatives, liberals, and moderates in this country, so imply your way of Americanism of the only true way is simply not true.

I could care less if people disagree with me, but what I do not comprehend is how men that hide behind avatars can accuse Lita of being a man.  She is clearly a woman, so please accept this.

1. profile image0

I don't mean to be mean, Dean was really confused to who others were talking about, that is all. Democrats Republicans they are all the same, vote how you feel, thats America. Democrats have only recently been accepting of other races. You may want to check your History, I don't think Robert Byrd is too progressive!

1. profile image0

By the way I don't put my phone number up on Hub pages, or my SS number so is that hard to comprehend? How does anybody know thats your real name or photo? The real question is who cares, Its hard for me to comprehend that is what keeps you up at night!

2. SweetiePie profile image86

Dear I know my history, and I was definitely not referring to all Democrats.  How popular it is for certain conservatives to disparage people and say "check history," and then they wonder why the people they are speaking down to stand up for themselves.  I have studied history and I will tell you yes their are racists on both sides of the spectrum, but many progressive Democrats have always been more open minded when it comes to race.  Many of my ancestors were Syrian and Native American, so we were not exactly coming from the Anglo-American perspective and party politics.  My ancestors were of European, Native American, and Syrian descent, and they intermarried at a time when people believed this was taboo and wrong.

1. profile image0

Why is it disparaging to say check your history? You seem to be a little too sensitive, I say check history to discover fact not revision! Yes there are racists on both sides but progressives don't usually accept that fact, its always the conservatives who are the racists. But we know better don't we?

As a history major I will share with you that from time to time revisionist history can often be more accurate than what was written by commentators at the time.  Revisionists often do more research with first hand documents rather than "spinning" a few of the accepted facts of the time.  No, conservatives are not always the racists, but there happens to be a larger number of conservatives than liberals who make disparaging comments.  This is a major reason why the Republican party no longer attracts a large number of minorities.  Who wants to hang out with a group of people that are constantly accusing Obama of being a racist?

1. profile image0

I missed this one, I believe Obama is a racist!! If anybody believes he is not then you are just not wanting to see it, that is typical of the left, deny,deny, oops they were right! Racism is not just burning a cross in someones yard it is harboring ill will towards another race and Obama does just that! I will ask this again, how does someone sit in a Church while the preacher is saying how the white man is the devil for twenty years and not see it? Maybe you bought that but a whole lot of us didn't. It would not have been accepted from McCain or any other white politician but it was ok for Obama because why?

33. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 11 years ago

For a guy who tries so hard you sure are remarkably unfunny.

http://cute-pets.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/husky.jpg

34. dean77 profile image61

Problems? What are you going to do, call the Hub police on me? Great, that's just what I need--to wake up in the middle of the night and find a bunch of Libs surrounding my house, holding weenie dogs in one hand, and waving an internet arrest warrant in the other.

Ok, look--maybe I've been a little too harsh here. I did kind of come into the middle of things here. So I'm going to make an attempt to tap things down a little. I apologize to anyone who I may have offended, and that goes for you too Randy. We all have different opinions, and that's a good thing. After all, if everyone were the same, the world would be a pretty boring place. Tex is a friend of mine, and I sensed he was under physical  threat--that's why I came off so harsh. But now I know different, and I wish to extend apologies to everyone who was upset by my words.

35. SweetiePie profile image86

Little dogs are more aggressive than big ones in some ways, and we always had the former in our house.  Why do conservatives assume all liberals like tiny dogs?  Our conservative neighbors only liked little scotty dogs, so pets have nothing to do with political affiliation.

36. dean77 profile image61

It was just a joke sweetiePie. Everyone calm down. Oh, and Lita--I owe you an apology too. As I said, I came into the middle of this and thought someone said you were a man, but it was actually Randy he was talking about. You're a woman, that's plain to see. I should have went back a few pages, to the beginning of this conversation before I got involved.

Everyone have a good night. Tomorrow's a new day.

big_smile

37. SweetiePie profile image86

I am much calmer than a few of you guys.  Unlike you I just drink water and do not talk about my automatic weapons smile.  However, any perceived tension might be to some of the volatile comments made on this thread.  Oh well, politics makes people way too dramatic smile.  It goes without saying that a few of the conservative on this thread do make some out of line comments from time to time, but that does that really effect me.

1. profile image0

I agree that politics heat things up, and I have refrained from offering any threats of violence. I simply did not like people tracking others on the internet, seems a little weird to me. I gave my address to Randy and if he feels its in his best interest to come to Texas and assault someone that's clearly up to him! That's semi automatic weapons!

Actually you are not very familiar with Hubpages because we all look up IP addresses of comments that are repetitive and pestering.  I myself have deleted a few comments when I found people from a similar location were making odd comments.  People are curious and look up our scree names for various reasons from liking a hubber's writing, or just wondering if someone is acting like a nuisance on another website. 

If you do not want people to know about your actions online do not post here.  However, Texan you were not the one doing those things, so I would not worry to much.  The person that was making multiple pestering comments does this to a large number of people, and they are well within their rights to look up an IP, and many of us do it.

As for looking up screen names many of us do that too because we are friends with each other over on digg, stumbleupon, Youtube etc.  Many of us write online partially because we enjoy it, but also to make money.  By helping promote our material online we are able to look each other up over on twitter and follow each other.  I never felt threatened by someone looking up my scree name on twitter and following me.  It is simply another way to get your writing more out there on the web.

1. profile image0

I am specifically talking about Lita saying to someone "I know what you are and where you are" that ain't creepy? That where you are thing pissed me off, and I challenged anyone to come find me if they wanted, I got a taker! I am not one of the people doing this for money I don't even know how thats done, I do it because I'm bored now that I retired and I can make some people think or laugh. But what I get on my Hubs sometimes are people who present an argument but when proved wrong they call names, thats childish! But to be honest I have been doing it back to them so its all good!

Lita's comment was not at all creepy because all she was saying was we do know where a certain hubber is located because of the IP address that was next to a hub comment.  No one cares where this person lives, but when someone with a similar IP address is commenting on a hub is raising a red flag.  Also when two specific people on different screen names post rude and pestering comments in the forum then I know in the future I would delete a comment if they posted on my hubs again.  That is not creepy because they are pestering, and were just curious where they were located.  People look up IPs on here all the time, and since these do not give an exact location it is not a big deal.  Those of us who use Google Analytics have a lot of information about who visits are hubs, such as the countries, cities, and key words driving traffic.  Some of us actually want to make a bit of money while hubbing, so we dig into our analytics to see what topics are popular, and which parts of the world are driving more traffic.  For instance I know more people in the London look up my hubs than people in New York.

1. profile image0

Its creepy, no way around that one Sweetie!

No it is not creepy.  When I have people posting odd comments on my hubs I often look up their IP's as this information is provided to us. Many other sites track our IP's so I suggest you get used to it.  Not writing online might be a good solution for you since you are so scared we might know your IP address, which basically changes every time you log on.

1. profile image0

Try and justify all you want, looking for information and saying "I know who and where you are" is not only creepy but stupid.You have failed at trying to find reason in stalking!

No one is stalking.  All of the information looked up was public information, so get off of it!

2. dean77 profile image61
      dean77posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yea, politics does have a way of riling people up, sweetiePie. I guess it's why it wasn't allowed as a conversation topic at the dinner table when I was growing up. Sorry for any offense I may have subjected you to. You're a nice person, and I enjoy your Hubs.

Dean I am not mad at you, I just feel Lita deserves much more respect than she has been given here.  I really appreciate her contributions to this thread.  Thanks for taking the time to apologize though, and I must say I know you are a real gentleman, and some of the guys here are not capable of ever admitting maybe they are too aggressive.  Maybe they can learn from your example

1. profile image0

Deans a good guy! As far as Lita she gets what she puts out, that is my idea of Gender equality!

38. SweetiePie profile image86

Well Obama's preacher does not make him a racist.  Also, if you know something about African-American culture you might understand why some ministers feel bitter towards white people.  Heck, even Native Americans talk about the white man in a way that is not so flattering, and a lot of this has to do with the history of oppresion towards people of minority groups.

So you think Obama is a racist because of his minister.  I think his minister was a little out there, but I also think the same thing about Pat Robertson, who by the way has made what I would consider to be some prejudiced remarks about Muslims and other non-Christians.  Many evangelists are way too fervent about religion, so Obama's minister does not make him a racist.

Anyway, at times I can see why some people of non-white backgrounds might not always speaking flattering of their history with white people.  It has only been since the sixties since most people have reached equal status in society, and there is four hundred years of inequality that is still influencing attitudes today.  At the end of the day no one seems to have concrete evidence as to why they consider Obama a racist.

1. profile image0

I think you missed the point, Obama is not racist because of his preacher he is racist because he sat there for twenty years and you only do that if you agree with someone! Sweetie I dont care why Blacks may be bitter, I do not accept their bitterness as a casual thing! And we all know not all Blacks are bitter, I am talking about militants like the Black Panthers or really anyone who would not accept me because of my color. My brother was in the navy he married a girl from the Philippines, I have another brother who married a Hispanic woman, my family looks like the UN. I accept them all as my family, its not the color of someones skin that bothers me it is the attitude of that person, if they think I am a "Typical white person" as Obama would say they have another thing coming!

In other words, some racism is ok and some isn't? roll

39. rsmallory profile image72
    rsmalloryposted 11 years ago

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/08/27/bi … 2009/25541

Glenn Beck and Fox apparently don't need all those so called advertisers that are supposedly leaving...

1. rsmallory profile image72
      rsmalloryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

anyone interested in getting back to the topic of this thread?

1. profile image0

What are you nuts, were having a group hug!

40. Derrik profile image61
    Derrikposted 11 years ago

Wow, you are like a bunch of Civil War infantry, but instead of the North and the South, you're all Liberals and Conservatives, each side in a big row facing the other, Conservatives- OPEN FIRE!  Reload...Liberals, OPEN FIRE!  Reload, etc. etc.  How about some points we all AGREE on.  1)  The United States is in serious trouble.  2)  The US in far more debt than we have ever been in before.  3)  We were in a position at the beginning of Bush's first term to actually start PAYING OFF our debt and doing it VIGOROUSLY.  But instead, Bush started an unfunded war in Afghanistan and in Iraq, blowing those chances out the door.  4)  The REAL architects of our current woes, our DEADLY woes, are not Clinton, they are NOT Bush, they are groups and organizations within our own government pulling strings to forward their own greedy, twisted and Un-American agendas. 
         So what we need to focus on instead of bad mouthing each other, is what we can do, and do NOW, to figure out some solutions to these urgent issues.  One immediate thing we need to do, in my opinion, is PUT A RAPID STOP, to that Health Reform.  Yes we NEED Health Reform, but we need to KNOW WHAT IT IS, and it needs to be WRITTEN by someone WE ALL KNOW AND TRUST.  Is that the Apollo Alliance?  I don't think so.  (But they are the ones who wrote the current bill, who our President is trying with all his might to rush through into LAW.)  Even if you believe in President Obama, you have to admit that this is not the answer.

1. dean77 profile image61
      dean77posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nicely put, Derrick. Nicely put, indeed

No shit ,lol ,you guys forget that all kinds of people read these forums ,just because they dont comment ,trust me they is thinkin a plenty lol to your best life~

41. rsmallory profile image72

'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.' Barack Hussein Obama

a direct quote from his book

racist? I think so.

1. profile image0

There it is its back on

Obama grew up in Hawaii where white people are referred to as haoles, which is not exactly an endearing term.  Joking has been used among all ethnic groups in Hawaii to diffuse angry situations, but only as of recent have some of the new residents taken offense to these remarks.  See I read this quote differently than you do, which is why on the whole I find quoting problematic.  I look for the true meaning and not the spin.  Obama means that people have reasons to feel hurt when it comes to their history with the white culture.  Even today there are communities where minorities are not treating as fairly as whites, and that is not made up.

1. profile image0

Uhhhhhhh, Sweetie what you just did was spin!

No you are spinning and projecting your thoughts and feelings onto me.  Obama is not a racist, but I will go so far as to say anyone demanding to see his birth certificate might be, which tends to be popular with right wing conservatives.  If you knew more about ethnic studies you might understand a few of these things.  How many ethnic studies courses have you ever taken?

1. profile image0

No Sweetie, that is the liberal spin. You take what he said and automatically find a good reason for him to have said it. I read it the way he intended, "I take comfort in hating white people!" As far as Stern goes he violated FCC rules many many times and I think he went to satellite voluntarily! What Maher did got him fired, that is not the same as a boycott!

There's that famous logic at work again!  roll

2. rsmallory profile image72

ok-but the whole deal with Beck-people, namely liberal democrats who were upset about what he said and then colorofchange demanding ads be pulled-how does that fortify or contribute to our fundamental right of freedom of speech?

I am entitled to my opinion, as is Beck, as are you and everyone else. You don't have to like it or listen to it, but I have a right to say it.

Is Bill Maher and Howard Stern were both had to leave stations that had advertisers for making out of line comments.  Why then should Beck be given preferential treatment.  He can have his freedom of speech, but I think he should do it on a radio program or network intended for adult audiences over eighteen.  Kids do not need to be exposed to over the top commentary as they cannot distinguish what is just plain silly, and what might be noteworthy.

3. tksensei profile image61

So if white people were to use racial epithets "in a joking way," that would be ok?

3. Eaglekiwi profile image80

Oh God thats not racist at all.

I felt the same way about my father who was not white, and I loved him wink

Gosh thats not even deep, I really hope your have more sources to draw on than that.

1. profile image0

I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race which happened to be Black!" A Texan

It just occurred to me what you wrote, he is not talking about his mother, he is talking about his mothers race, the white race! You loving your father is not relevent, I am sure he loved his mother, but hated her race!

Racist???????

Quoted all out of context Im quite sure.

I couldnt stand my fathers race for some years!

Then later I couldnt stand my mothers!

I know I am not racist.

If thats what you base racism on , man some Americans will never 'grow up' when it comes to Race relations wink

Hate is so strong a word.

Didnt we all say 'we hated something' when we were growing up is my point! (but later relised it wasnt hate at all)

hmmmm...

Of course it is.

Animosity toward a race, is racist?
          Definately not ,youd have to be pretty thin-skinned to beleive that.

1. profile image0

There have been comments made much tamer than the one Obama made and you liberals lost your minds over them. If you can't see that he is saying he hates a particular race in his statement then you are blind! But, we all know you can see it its just that you will never admit it, thats what makes you a hypocrite!

42. rsmallory profile image72
  43. rsmallory profile image72

I didn't like what stern said, but I just choose to not listen to him. I wouldn't let my son listen to him either. I don't know what your refering to about maher, but I do not necessarily agree with their firing.

44. SweetiePie profile image86

All of these commentators can be on adult rated programming and then we will not have to worry about advertisers being concerned about their remarks.  It will make life much easier.

45. rsmallory profile image72

last time I checked the word 'racist' was not a curse word and in my opinion does not warrant 'adult programming'.

1. rsmallory profile image72

If my children were interested enough to actually sit and listen to the news-I don't know many children who are by the way-and that word was brought up, I would think it would open a door for a conversation about it's meaning and tolerance. I would welcome such an opportunity to approach a subject such as racism with my son.

Well it is stepping over the line, and if Beck wants to be outrageous he should do it on a show that is open to that format.  Some how I do not think Fox will let him go because they love all the controversy and ratings.

1. profile image0

Where were you when people were calling Bush a racist for what happened in New Orleans, can you point me to anything you wrote in his defense? Calling Obama a racist is accurate, no matter how much you try and justify his racism it is still racism! You liberals do this all the time its a double standard, "Bush hates Blacks because of a natural disaster" Does anyone ever read what they write and say wow, I'm a hypocrite! Newsflash, you are! Beck has every right to say what he wants as long as it is not illegal, liberals have every right to try and get him fired no matter how unsuccessful it is! If you did not defend Bush then you are a hypocrite for defending Obama!

Wow, calling someone a hypocrite will get you everywhere!  Guess what, I did not call Bush a racist and I never thought he was one.  You are projecting things other people said about him onto me.  However, to be quite frank he handled Hurricane Katrina very poorly and took way too long to get supplies there.  Also, more could have been done to build up the levies and keep these for over flowing in the first place. 

I personally do not go around calling anyone racist, but Glenn Beck is a jerk if he does.  As for when it comes to Bush he was a highly unpopular president with many because of his lack of empathy for people, and whereas I do not defend name calling against him, I really just am not moved by it towards him. 

Obama on the other hand does not display the same type of callousness towards the citizens he is representing.  Obama: wants health care reform  for the American people.  Bush only was interested in fighting a war on terror, even if this meant not responding to national crisis like Hurricane Katrina properly.  Bush never should have been president in my opinion.

................... roll

2. profile image0

Calling you a hypocrite is accurate, I asked you for anything you ever wrote in his defense and you don't. I am pretty sure you never defended him to anyone and that makes you a hypocrite! Sorry.

Commanding me around does not make me a hypocrite.  Actually if anything it makes you a name caller, and as I said that is not a very good way to win people to your side.  I do not have to write anything in Bush's defense of Glenn Beck's defense because they are not my heroes.  I voted for Gore in 2000, and as we know there was a voter miscount in Florida.  Why should I be the fan of a president that I never voted for, and whose policies were, in my opinion, not the best for our people.  People are allowed to have different opinions in this country, and you seem to be a bit of a control freak.

46. profile image0

I must have changed everyone's mind!

I'm the winner!

47. earnestshub profile image90
    earnestshubposted 11 years ago

SweetiePie, I find that a reasoned and fair outline of the history of black and red Americans. smile

1. profile image0

It may be a fair and reasoned outline of Black and Red Americans but we in the real world call it racism! And all that bitterness has not helped them out much, maybe its time that they figured out the Calvary and Slave owners are dead!

Texan,

No, in your little Texas bubble you are attempting to spin doctor it that way!  As I told you the other way not all Texans are encumbered with your incredibly narrow view of the world, and Lita has proved that point by sharing how reasonable and respectful her husband truly is.

Earnest, nice to see at least we have a few sentient gentlemen posting here tonight smile.

1. earnestshub profile image90
          earnestshubposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I feel that the hatred of Obama is unreasonable. smile

1. profile image0

I feel that hatred for Bush is unreasonable! Wow, we can say almost the same thing. But you will probably spin hatred to be reasonable!

2. profile image0

You spin I just see things for how they are, you will never agree with how I see it and you seem to think you are right because of it! I have traveled all over the world (not sight seeing)I have seen lots of things but never have I seen people as wrapped up in denial as you and your friends! You have no idea how I am because you are convinced liberals are one way and conservatives another, I'm afraid it is you who lives in the bubble!

2. profile image0

I also want to commend Sweetiepie, because she really deserves it through all of this thread. 

It must be the teacher coming out in you, SP.  I wouldn't have had the patience to calmly explain everything you did to adults that supposedly should have reason and rationality at their disposal.  I'm very truly impressed, smile.  It takes a strong person who is sure of herself, her knowledge and her position to have handled yourself so well.

I stop short at complimenting them in any way, however.  They are adults, not children.  Violence and maliciousness is just that.  It should not be tolerated in the town halls, and it really shouldn't be tolerated here, either (though that is not my decision to make).

Anyway! I know we are already friends, but you've really earned my respect.  I wanted more than just you to know, too.  wink

1. profile image0

Is the love fest over now? Great, Sweetiepie has lived up to her moniker for sure. Threats were made on both sides so you can stop with the holier than thou rap!

The title of this thread is misleading, that has been proven over and over. Having a reasonable discussion with people who are not honest and deny is frustrating but I am learning that its a liberal thing. You don't mind telling someone they are an idiot but can't stand that same said of you.

Obama in his own words holds animosity towards the white race, that alone shows you he has picked his side so this stupidity about being of mixed race and therefore cannot be racist is just a lame attempt at denial! Lame!

I am sure this will continue and you will all keep protesting what 1/2 of the Country see's, before all of this is over Obama will be a 1 term President and go down as worsr than Jimmy Carter, and that was bad! I know I lived it!

1. profile image0

And here I was thinking you were quite a bit younger than me, given your responses...  Nonetheless, so much spills out in what you say and how you say it about how you really are & feel.

I think you just cannot stand to have another person praised.

Again, I don't have the patience to address the rants.  I think SP did an excellent job...and that isn't about being "sugary" either.  If you didn't hear it the first time, you won't hear it again the second time.  If you were in my town hall, I'd have security take you to the exit, as did McCain with an angry "protester" this week.

1. profile image0

Is that all you got? can you not defend your stance? You are all the same! SP has just shown her hypocrisy and you show why you are not relevant! Town hall meetings Blah,blah,blah! Say something of importance or go away!

48. SweetiePie profile image86

Most people in this country realize Obama is not a racist, so just because you have traveled around the world does not mean much really.  Some people travel around the world and insult the locals because they are not familiar with the customs.  Not that you have done that, but that is just an example of how world travel does not make someone very astute when it comes to measuring the human character.  You love to spin, stereotype, and generalize, so I would say you really do not have a very good understanding of people outside of your view  point.

49. profile image0

What you did just there was very small, Texan.  But unlike Sweetipie, I don't have so much patience, and don't want to waste my time (and honestly, it just makes me exasperated at the lack of honesty, reasoning ability, or the just plain meanness you 'provoking' types display...take your pick to what fits & what you are intending to do).  And that would be the primary reason for not appreciating Glen Beck, as well.

If you are truly bored, it might be in your best interest to take some logic classes or research composition classes where you learn how to build a good persuasive argument.  And that isn't a joke or a put down, either.

.............. roll

50. Bibowen profile image92
    Bibowenposted 11 years ago

This forum reflects the effect that Beck is having. There are over 450 posts on this forum about him. Has he gone too far? He's still being talked about; he's still relevant. This forum is proof of it. And this is from someone that rarely watches him.

1. profile image0

You are right except that he has not gone as far assome of the left wing nut jobs on MSNBC. But that is not important because you agree with them,Jesus you people are incredible!

1. Bibowen profile image92
        Bibowenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, "incredible" is good. I can live with "incredible." It's a step up from "you Neanderthal, right-wing, nut job.....

2. profile image0

It's, unfortunately, bigger than that, and bigger than Beck's relevancy.

People are angry.  Fear works.  I don't like it, but there is no denying.  Many interests have stoked what we are seeing all over the country to a fever pitch.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)