Should you say something, if the same guys are starring at you in naughty ways w

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Jenneez profile image60
    Jenneezposted 12 years ago

Should you say something, if the same guys are starring at you in naughty ways while you workout?

Okay, there are a some guys, a few really cute, that keep starring me down while I workout in the gym. It's okay to look and that's fine, I don't mind that, but when they huddle up over by their area where they are working out and keep looking as though they could stare a whole through you and hungry like a starved lion should you pretend you don't see it, or should you say something? Smiling and saying hello, isn't doing it? However, I didn't say it's a bad thing,but when they keep looking at you in ways like they can't stop, it's a little creepy! Any suggestions would be great!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5114429_f260.jpg

2. Neil Sperling profile image59
    Neil Sperlingposted 12 years ago

LOL - One thing you could do is count your blessings that you look good enough to attract attention....

If you want them to stop looking your way, make sure you avoid noticing them.... and or, wear very ugly baggy yucky gym cloths and eat lots of garlic every day!

3. Pollyannalana profile image60
    Pollyannalanaposted 12 years ago

Nah, just take your husband with you once, he will take care of it. I think Neil is trying to deal with it and he hasn't even seen you, lol.

4. Writer David profile image61
    Writer Davidposted 12 years ago

Well, I'm not saying I recommend you do this.  But, my wife (ex-wife now) had this same exact problem playing tennis when she was in her early 20s (this was before we married and she was very well built also I might add).  Guys on the adjacent courts would not pay much attention to their game.  They were gawking at her and snickering together at the net.  Finally, she got enough of it. She walked over to them grouped together.  She told them, "You know, I think it's cute that you guys stare at me the way you do. It brings back memories of the way boys stared at me at middle school soccer practice. They snickered and laughed just as you do now.  Of course, they were 12 and 13 years old.  How old you guys?'  They were speechless. 

She told me they never gave her any more problems.

5. Alastar Packer profile image72
    Alastar Packerposted 12 years ago

Jeeneez. That is terrible gym etiquette. Those dudes need a lesson. Short of reporting them here's one possible solution: Find a man you think would look intimidating in the gym and ask him for a favor. Ask him if for one or two times when you see the boys doing that, would it be alright if you walk over to him, chat a little and have him throw the boys a direct glance. If your up for something like that it'll work. Good luck with your situation whatever you decide to do.

6. Matt in Jax profile image59
    Matt in Jaxposted 12 years ago

Definitely have to confront them in a smart @$$, but funny way of putting them down and telling them at the same time that it's over the top and creepy. But Neil's kind of right also...but sweat pants can be sexy so beware.

7. Wayne Brown profile image80
    Wayne Brownposted 12 years ago

I would re-evaluate what I was doing first.  If their attention is undesired, look objectively at your workout outfits and question whether you are sending a message that you really don't want to send.  If that is not the case, then you need to find ways of ignoring them...any little morsel you toss their way just encourages them to continue in their behavior.  Change the spot where you work out...i.e. change the treadmill location, face the other direction...there are lots of ways to send the message.  These guys are like construction workers standing on the corner watching pretty girls...those who offer any encouragement at all get more than they want back from them...cast them off gently. WB

8. Loveslove profile image60
    Lovesloveposted 12 years ago

Take a photo along to your next session..if they are there give it to them and say something like..'You seem to find me fascinating,have a picture it will last after im gone home ''
    It might work .....it worked for me once many moons ago !!

9. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

walk up to them and say " shake your head, your eyes are stuck" if they don't get the hint from that, tell them to f-off.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)