Did Trump Really Try To Implement a Coup?

Jump to Last Post 201-250 of 768 discussions (5006 posts)
  1. Valeant profile image86
    Valeantposted 23 months ago

Updated Oath of Office for members of Congress and Presidency...

https://hubstatic.com/16034022_f1024.jpg

2. My Esoteric profile image85
    My Esotericposted 23 months ago

Building the case that Trump KNEW he lost the election (and that he started planning his lie BEFORE the election was over.

1. "The Trump campaign legal team knew there was no legitimate argument...to overturn the election, and yet President Trump went forward with his plan for January 6 anyway." -- Wyoming GOP Rep. Liz Cheney

2. "Mr. Trump decided before the election...that he would claim it was rigged." -- California Democratic Rep. Zoe Lofgren

3. "The mayor was definitely intoxicated." -- former Trump adviser Jason Miller (when "the mayor" told Trump to declare victory even though the votes had not been counted.

4. "I don't know that I had a firm view of what he should say." -- Ivanka Trump

5. "My recommendation was to say that 'Votes were still being counted. It's too early to tell, too early to call the race but we're proud of the race we ran, and we think we're in good position.'" -- former Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien

6. "Right out of the box on election night, the President claimed that there was major fraud underway. I mean, this happened, as far as I could tell, before there was actually any potential of looking at evidence." -- Attorney General Bill Barr

7. "Very, very, very, very bleak." -- Stepien (speaking of the chances Trump coiuld win)

8. "I didn't mind being considered part of Team Normal." -- Stepien (Team Normal were those trying to tell Trump the truth)

9. "Not the approach I would take if I were you." -- Jared Kushner (speaking about Trump declaring victory and telling the BIG LIE)

10. "The Department doesn't take sides in the election, and the department is not an extension of your legal team." -- Barr

11. "I told him that the stuff his people were shoveling out to the public was bullshit." -- Barr

12. "There was never an indication of interest in what the actual facts were." -- Barr (speaking of Trump)

13. "The 2020 election was not close." -- GOP campaign lawyer Ben Ginsberg

14. "The Trump campaign did not make its case." -- Ginsberg

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/13/politics … index.html

Valeantposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Who calls all these people RINO's first, W or R?  I better speak in code or someone might claim I libeled a conservative.

3. My Esoteric profile image85

Isn't this just sickening that so many people have been conned by Trump!!

About half or more of GOP voters have described the invasion of the US Capitol in positive terms, such as patriotism or defending freedom, and only a tiny percentage have said Trump deserves blame for the attack.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/14/politics … index.html

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Rather than asking "How tight is tribalsim" one should be asking "Can a massive media effort convince a gullible public that something happened when it did not".

The ONLY instructions I have seen from Trump was to march peacefully, and yet this hanging committee desires us all to believe that Donald Trump masterminded a violent riot months before it happened.  We will see, I guess, if professional media help will aid their lies.

1. My Esoteric profile image85
        My Esotericposted 23 months agoin reply to this

"The ONLY instructions I have seen from Trump was to march peacefully," - You keep telling yourself that, it is the only way you will keep your sanity - believing in an alternate reality.  They have got the evidence to send Trump away for 20 years if Garland has enough balls to prosecute him. They sealed that yesterday when they proved Trump knew he lost the election yet kept pushing the Big Lie in spite of it.  That shows intent.

Valeantposted 23 months agoin reply to this

I saw the word 'only' and did a double take.  When 'you've got to fight like hell or we won't have a country' isn't qualified in the same manner that 'march peacefully' is as instruction, maybe someone just doesn't understand what an instruction is.

That would be my take.

2. Sharlee01 profile image89
          Sharlee01posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Wait Wait Wait --- you said Mueller was going to send Trump to prison... Ho and then Stormy was going to send him packing, and then was it the AG of New York on taxes. There is more, but I will spare you the rest.

Trump clearly made the statement Wilderness offered. Hopefully, you are not holding your breath.

You are making things up again,WHY?  I never said Mueller was GOING to send Trump to prison.  In FACT, I said the opposite - Mueller CANNOT send Trump to prison, he can't even indict him like he clearly wanted to.

1. Sharlee01 profile image89

"Mueller CANNOT send Trump to prison, he can't even indict him like he clearly wanted to."

Neither can this Jan 6th committee...  And yes, Mueller could have asked the DOJ  for indictments if necessary --- he did

Source of fact ---  https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics … grand-jury

And I think it would be tedious to look through HP archives, but anyone reading this conversation will recall all the many times you claimed someone would be sending Trump to jail.

Is the Jan 6th committee claiming they CAN send Trump to jail?  I missed that.

"And yes, Mueller could have asked the DOJ  for indictments if necessary --- he did" -- "He did" what, exactly?  And no, because of the DOJ opinion which he said he was beholden to, Mueller could not indict a sitting president.  (Your Vox source does not address Mueller indicting Trump, btw.)

However, there is this:

"Lieu recounted the three elements needed for the crime of obstruction of justice.

"I believe a reasonable person looking at these facts could conclude that all three elements of the crime of obstruction of justice have been met, and I'd like to ask you the reason, again, you did not indict Donald Trump is because of the OLC (the DOJ's Office of Legal Counsel) opinion stating that you cannot indict a sitting president, correct?" Lieu asked.

"That is correct," Mueller asked [sic]."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald … s-n1033901

4. My Esoteric profile image85

The Committee's next BIG reveal is linking Trump's illegal pressure campaign on Pence to overturn the election directly to the attack on the Capitol. 

They have already PROVED there was an insurrection.  They have already PROVED Trump was aware, or should have been aware, that he lost the election but nevertheless kept fomenting unrest with the stated goal of illegally overturning the election.

The House January 6 committee will use its third June hearing to make the case that then-President Donald Trump's pressure campaign on his vice president to overturn the 2020 presidential election "directly contributed" to the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol, which put Mike Pence's life in danger, aides said on Wednesday.

Committee aides said they also intend to demonstrate at the hearing that there's an "ongoing threat" to democracy from people advocating the false view that the 2020 election was rigged.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/15/politics … index.html

You forgot to mention that the stated goal was to overturn and illegal election (just ask Trump).  Was that intentional, in an effort to raise an emotional response, or did you just happen to forget that small item?

That is the point that the committee is proving - that Trump KNEW the election wasn't illegal and therefore had corrupt intent to overthrow the election.

5. My Esoteric profile image85

WELL FOLKS, it is finally happening, Trump's Big Lie is having a real world impact on our elections and democracy, along with being responsible for the insurrection - GOP county election officials in New Mexico refused to certify an election where a Democrat won because they foolishly believe the lies about the Dominion voting machines!!.

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico’s secretary of state on Tuesday asked the state Supreme Court to order the Republican-led commission of rural Otero County to certify primary election results after it refused to do so over distrust of Dominion vote-tallying machines.  SCARY ISN'T IT (except to Trump Republicans)

The commission’s vote is the latest example of how conspiracy theories and misinformation are affecting the integrity of local elections across the U.S. Trump has continued to describe the 2020 election as “rigged” or “stolen,” despite a coalition of top government and industry officials calling it the “most secure in American history.”

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm … 7bc1ddc1b2

6. My Esoteric profile image85

Retired GOP Judge, who advised VP Pence,"J. Michael Luttig will tell the Jan. 6 panel today that Trump 'instigated' a war on democracy to try to retain the presidency"

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/16/politics … index.html

7. My Esoteric profile image85

Trump's loyaists are planning to rig the next election this analysis shows.

Another conspiracy. And once again CNN

Didn't you read what I posted about the GOP NOT CERTIFYING a New Mexico election.  You just keep getting conned by right-wing media which omits things or lies. 

CNN, on the other hand, reports on everything and tells the truth, so YES, "once again CNN", a reliable source.

Have you read the Stacy Abrams alligations? She is still kicking her feet. LOL

You deflection sounds like you are minimizing (or worse, agreeing with) the GOP county election officials refusing to certify a Democratic win?

You betcha', CNN is definitely a reliable source.  They are as respected and trusted as ABC, CBS, NBS, NPR, BBC, The Hill, Politico, and many other main stream media.

If you read CNN you would know some of the facts you are missing such as the Jan 6th Select Committee cannot put people, let alone Trump, in jail as you suggested earlier.  In fact, you missed that there is discussion within the committee on whether to refer Trump to the DOJ at all.

My comment, perhaps you did not see it.

ECO statement "Mueller CANNOT send Trump to prison, he can't even indict him like he clearly wanted to."

My comment --  Neither can this Jan 6th committee...  And yes, Mueller could have asked the DOJ  for indictments if necessary --- he did

Source of fact ---  https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics … grand-jury

And my comment to your comment:

Is the Jan 6th committee claiming they CAN send Trump to jail?  I missed that.

"And yes, Mueller could have asked the DOJ  for indictments if necessary --- he did" -- "He did" what, exactly?  And no, because of the DOJ opinion which he said he was beholden to, Mueller could not indict a sitting president.  (Your Vox source does not address Mueller indicting Trump, btw.)

8. My Esoteric profile image85

The danger to Pence was real. Trump knew the election plan was illegal. John Eastman wanted a pardon. Here's what we know.

HIGHLIGHTS:

Two witnesses testified at Thursday's hearing who advised Pence that he did not have the authority to subvert the election, former Pence attorney Greg Jacob and retired Republican judge J. Michael Luttig.

Trump was told Eastman's plan was illegal -- but tried it anyway - HE WAS TOLD REPEATEDLY (even by Eastman who concocted the illegal plan)

The panel tied the Mike Pence pressure campaign to January 6 violence!

Deputy press secretary Sarah Matthews testified in a taped deposition that was shown that a tweet Trump sent on January 6 helped escalate the situation.
    "It felt like he was pouring gasoline on the fire," she added.

The danger to Pence was real as the mob got about 40 feet from the vice president

Capitol Rioters ‘Surged’ Immediately After Trump Bashed Pence on Twitter: Jan. 6 Hearing - It’s been well documented that people around former President Donald Trump advised him to do something to quell his supporters as they stormed the Capitol last Jan. 6. Instead, Trump made it worse, tweeting at 2:24 p.m. that “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what was necessary.” The Jan. 6 committee revealed on Thursday that Chief of Staff Mark Meadows informed Trump of the riot before he sent the tweet, and that the tweet “immediately” caused rioters inside and outside of the Capitol to “surge.”

American democracy is on the line

9. My Esoteric profile image85

Twelve Most Compelling Lines Today

1. "He knew it was illegal. He knew it was wrong. We are fortunate for Mr. Pence's courage on January 6." -- Rep. Bennie Thompson

2. "He did his duty(speaking of Pence) . President Trump, unequivocally, did not." -- Rep. Liz Cheney

3. "The vice president's first instinct when he heard this theory was that there was no way that our framers ... would ever have put one person ... in a role to have decisive impact on the outcome of the election." -- former Pence counsel Greg Jacob

4. "Had the Vice President of the United States obeyed the President of the United States, America would immediately have been plunged into what would have been tantamount to a revolution within a paralyzing constitutional crisis." -- retired federal Judge J. Michael Luttig

5. "There was no support whatsoever from the Constitution or the laws of the United States for the vice president, frankly ever, to count alternative electoral slates from the states that had not been officially certified." -- J. Michael Luttig

6. "I believe that Mark did agree. ... I believe that's what he told me." -- Pence chief of staff Marc Short

7. "Are you out of your effing mind? ... You're completely crazy." -- former White House lawyer Eric Herschmann

8. "You would have had an unprecedented constitutional jump ball." -- Greg Jacob

9. "Wouldn't it almost be cool to have that kind of power?" -- Donald Trump

10. "We were shocked and disappointed." -- Greg Jacob
    This is a reference to a January 5 statement in which Trump insisted Pence was in "total agreement" that he had the power to intervene in the Electoral College vote count. Pence, in a meeting with Trump earlier that day, had made clear he believed the exact opposite, according to Jacob. So Trump simply lied -- because that's what he wanted to believe.

11. "Wimp." -- Donald Trump, according to testimony
    Trump called Pence on the morning of January 6. It was, according to Ivanka Trump, who was in the Oval Office, a "pretty heated" conversation. Former White House assistant Nicholas Luna said he heard the President tell Pence that he would be a "wimp" if he didn't overturn the election results. Julie Radford, an aide to Ivanka Trump, testified to the committee that Donald Trump also had called Pence "the 'p' word" on that call.

12. "Make no mistake about the fact that the vice president's life was in danger." -- Rep. Pete Aguilar

10. My Esoteric profile image85

"Exactly seven democracy-damaging years later, the now ex-President was still at it on Thursday, dominating the political stage, his wildness and extremism still threatening to tear the country apart."

No truer words were ever written!!!

11. My Esoteric profile image85

The elements of proof that the Jan 6 committee must establish before DOJ can bring criminal charges under 18 U.S.C. § 371 Conspiracy to Defraud the United States are:

(1) an agreement of two or more persons; - That would be Trump and Eastman: CHECK

(2) to defraud the United States; - More on that later

(3) an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy committed by one of the conspirators - Several come to mind.  Two are Trump's attempt to get Pence to do an illegal act and the insurrection itself.: CHECK

So, what is "to defraud the United States"?  Lot's of things, as it turns out as you will see in

https://www.justice.gov/archives/jm/cri … defraud-us

But of note is that one of them is TRYING to stop the function of government:  CHECK

As one of the committee members said yesterday - the elements for conspiracy to defraud have been established.

12. My Esoteric profile image85

Trump and his trumpians need to learn about what democracy REALLY is from this 2nd world country.  If former enemies can behave like this, why can't Trump and his millions of enablers?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/17/americas … index.html

13. My Esoteric profile image85

Ex-Trump aide says Trump admitted privately that he lost the election

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 … -politics/

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Trump might well have Georgia on his mind. He may be well be charged with racketeering in regards to his illegal attempt to affect the Georgia vote tally in 2020, stay turned. I might finally get this slippery serpent this time.

I had been thinking that the Georgia criminal investigation held the best chance of bringing Trump to the bar of justice, but now, given what the Jan 6 committee has revealed SO FAR, I find it hard to believe the DOJ won't indict him and many of his conspirators.

2. wilderness profile image94

If you (or a court) can prove that statement is true, against Trump's statement that it is not, you might well indeed have him.

But if that "privately" was in a one on one conversation, one that was not recorded and saved. it will be very difficult to prove to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that one man's word is superior to another's.

I would presume that is in videotaped testimony (we will find out shortly).  But she is not the only source of such information.  If it goes to trial, I suspect the prosecution will subpeona everybody around Trump and ask that question.

Besides, the jury is allowed to determine knowledge based on circumstantial evidence such as multiple people telling Trump he lost.  There comes a point where it is unreasonable to believe anything else.

Also, it is often true that statements between TWO people may be equal, it is NOT true that one person's word is superior to a dozen others.  In addition, you have to take into account the know beracity of the speakers and Trump has proven himself to be a prolific liar.  Only the very gullible believe anything he says.

"I would presume that is in videotaped testimony,,,"

What in the world does videotaping a testimony have to do with the truth of that testimony?

"Besides, the jury is allowed to determine knowledge based on circumstantial evidence..."

Yes, I get that.  It is, after all, what this dog and pony show is all about, and why it is being done; present tons of circumstantial "evidence" without allowing any other view or opinion, until the viewer is overwhelmed and comes to believe it because that is all that is seen.  I predict it will work, too - the refusal to allow any but negative assumptions, testimony or suppositions about Trump in these "hearings" will succeed and a political rival will be finally (after 3 previous unsuccessful attempts) removed.

"In addition, you have to take into account the know beracity of the speakers"

And here you will compare the veracity of a single statement from one to 4 years of political posturing from another and declare one is more honest?  I really don't think that will work well.  For me at least; bias is a powerful tool in deciding who has more veracity.

"What in the world does videotaping a testimony have to do with the truth of that testimony?" - First, most people aren't like Trump who lies at the drop of a hat.  Second, it was sworn testimony subject to penalties for lying.  Third, I have no doubt the committee has a lot of corroborating evidence.

I have no idea what you meant by the last paragraph, but what is known is that Trump LIES constantly and about virtually everything while the person(s) saying things you don't like has no known history of it.

I saw that Trump really got beat up today be Republicans and those he caused to be hurt.

I am begining to think, after today's testimony, that the DOJ should declare the MAGA movement and anybody associated with it a domestic terrorist threat.  I think most who testified today would agree.

ter·ror·ism
                [ˈterəˌrizəm]
                NOUN
                the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims:

So would you also consider BLM as domestic terrorists?  The protestors trying to intimidate the SCOTUS jurists?  Those at CHAZ?  All consider the unlawful use of violence and/or intimidation in the pursuit of political aims as just a normal part of their programs - are they all domestic terrorists or just any connected with Trump?

I figured you would try to falsely equate BLM and MAGA.  BLM protested - OTHERS took advantage and caused violence.  The latter could certainly be considered domestic terrorists but not the former.  With MAGA, on the other hand, you can't distingquish between those who are viiolent and those who intimidate from those who don't.

What identifiable group do those you are refering to belong?  They aren't MAGA and they aren't BLM, Antiva, etc. either. 

ALSO, you keep throwing up CHAZ - that is a false analogy.  They attempted to live peacefully in an environment without police.   A rediculous concept, I know, but they succeeded for a short while.  When it proved to be impossible, the city shut it down.  Learn your history please.

Of course,  BLM "protest" after "protest" turns into a riot, always due to the actions of "others".

But when a MAGA protest does it, the rioting and destruction is done by MAGA people.  The looters, the building burners, the attacks on police are all by card carrying MAGA members.  Sorry, but your bias is showing.

No, CHAZ attempted to take over a section of a city, complete with the residents that wanted nothing to do with them.  "Peacefully" is hardly a reasonable term for people that refuse to allow any to pass, including police, EMS, etc.
                    And when it turned violent the city finally took notice and protect it's citizens who had seen their neighborhood taken over by anarchists.  Again, your bias is showing.

The problem is not with MAGA folks wanting to see their country great again; it is with your hatred of Trump and anything at all that can be connected, however remotely, to him.

2. GA Anderson profile image88
                    GA Andersonposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Holy cow, I don't care if Wilderness does beat me to it, that's nuts MyEsoteric: The organizers of CHAZ were just attempting to live peaceably without police?

Now that's some Master-level spin.

GA

14. My Esoteric profile image85

Evangelicals prove again they are a sect with no real moral principals.  First they embrace a sexual predator and filanderer who has no moral compass - TRUMP, and NOW they cheering Hershal Walker who apparently likes to have children out of wedlock,  Also, researchers found:
    - accusations that Walker repeatedly threatened his ex-wife’s life,
    - exaggerated claims of financial success and
    - alarmed business associates with unpredictable behavior.
    - he has admitted he has multiple personality disorder.
    -  that he stalked a former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader. Later another woman made a similar complaint.
    - Oh yes, Hershal Walker lies a lot.

https://politicalwire.com/2022/06/19/he … ngelicals/

15. My Esoteric profile image85

This is becoming typical of so-called "Repbulicans". REAL Republicans need to form a true American party.

Disturbing video from the Texas Republican Convention this weekend shows convention-goers mocking GOP Rep. Dan Crenshaw -- a Navy SEAL veteran who lost his right eye to a bomb in Afghanistan -- with the term "eye patch McCain."

Fox News' Tucker Carlson coined the derisive nickname after the Texas lawmaker dared to express support for beleaguered Ukraine following Russia's barbaric attack on it.

But apparently even more heinous in the eyes of some attendees is that Crenshaw rejected former President Donald Trump's claims that the 2020 election was stolen.
    One man wearing a red "Make America Great Again" hat can be seen yelling in an online video, "Dan Crenshaw is a traitor!" and "He needs to be hung for treason!"

I hope those Trump supporters on this site are not that far gone and will take the time and good sense to trash this conduct as much as they trash Biden.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/19/opinions … index.html

It goes on to say:

As despicable as the behavior toward Crenshaw was, even more alarming were the actions taken by the Texas GOP and the convention's 5,000-plus delegates.
    The gathering rejected the outcome of a democratic election, supported bigotry toward the LGBTQ community and imposed far-right religious beliefs on others by seeking to have them enshrined into law. And that wasn't half of it.

In fact, the convention showed us one thing: Texas Republicans are no longer hiding their extremism. Instead, they are openly embracing it.

Even before the opening gavel, they gave us a glimpse of the party's extremism in the Lone Star State by banning the Log Cabin Republicans from setting up a booth at the convention.

The platform approved at the convention called for repealing or nullifying gun lawsalready in place, such as the Gun Control Act of 1968, which prevents felons and other dangerous people from being able to purchase a gun legally. Apparently, the Texas GOP believes that even dangerous people should have a constitutionally protected right to buy a gun.

AND, as we have seen occasionally on this platform:

"Donald Trump radicalized the party and accelerated the demands from the base." He added alarmingly, "There simply aren't limits now on what the base might ask for."

I agree -- in part. I don't think Trump radicalized the base -- rather [b]he simply gave people permission to be who they always wanted to be[b]

This is a position I have taken on this forum - that millions of people living and voting in America are this dispicable.  This kind of sick person is the reason why Hitler came to power and is the reason Trump may return to power.

16. My Esoteric profile image85

COOL!!  Trump's MAGA propaganda media outlets keep taking legal hits regarding their support of Trump's election lies.

Dominion has won three more battles, the biggest of which found that the Murdochs may have acted with actual malice by directing their companies to publish conspiracy theories and lies.

The most significant legal development on Tuesday was in regard to Fox. As Bloomberg's Erik Larson and Mike Leonard reported, a judge ruled that Fox Corporation, Fox News' parent company, can be sued by Dominion "because Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch may have acted with 'actual malice' in directing the network to broadcast conspiracy theories alleging the 2020 presidential election was rigged."

Meanwhile, the right-wing conspiracy channel OAN suffered a loss at the hands of a different voting tech company, Smartmatic. US District Judge Carl Nichols ruled against the media outlet on Tuesday, allowing Smartmatic's lawsuit to proceed, CNN's Tierney Sneed reported. OAN had sought a dismissal on grounds that Nichols' court didn't have jurisdiction. But Nichols rejected the argument...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/22/media/ma … index.html

17. My Esoteric profile image85

Some think "Shaye" was the most compelling witness so far at the insurrection hearing as she recounted what Trump and his lies did to her and her mother.  They were innocent election workers that Trump took aim at.

It is truely sickening what probably tens of thousands of MAGA [fill in your own discriptor] did to hundreds and hundreds of people who simply did their job and count the votes that led to Trump's humilation.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/21/politics … index.html

18. My Esoteric profile image85

Did you know that the Lead Investigator for the Jan 6 committee is a Republican who clerked under Clarence Thomas?  So much for this being a Democratic witchhunt.

19. My Esoteric profile image85

DOJ is casting an even wider net over those who conspired to subvert our gov't.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/22/politics … index.html

Everyone of those Fake Electors and anybody involved in organizing them should be brought before a judge.

(Now, if I were acting like a MAGA person, I would have said they are all traitors and shouldbe hung by the neck until they are dead, like was done on conservative social media about the members of the Jan 6 committee)

I wonder if DOJ will subpeona Sen Ron Johnson for his role in trying to pass a list of the fake electors for Pence to use.

20. My Esoteric profile image85

At least one Republican has been listening to the Jan 6 insurrection investigation.  Hopefully more have as well.  It is impossible to watch it and NOT come away knowing Trump is guilty of conspiring against the Constitution of the United States.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 … ju-vpx.cnn

21. My Esoteric profile image85

The bottom line of this report is that:

1. Democrats want to know the truth about why America suffered an insurrection

2. Republicans, even those who do not support Trump anymore, don't give a damn.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/23/politics … index.html

Not to be glib, but is it not very clear why a body of citizens (big or small) rise up to the point of carrying out an "insurrection"?  Just the mere definition tells one why.

A violent uprising against an authority or government.

This is precisely why  America suffered an insurrection. We had citizens that clearly were not satisfied with the election results. It would seem they thought fraud had occurred.

Maybe you meant something else?. I feel the committee wants to ascertain if the riot was planned or provoked by others.

Are you now saying these MAGA people were justified in attacking Congress?

And yes, that is exactly what the committee is trying to do - to ascertain why the insurrection happened.

They were as justified as BLM or the CHAZ folks were.

But you have to be kidding to say that finding the "why" of the riot is why that committee exists.  It is there to remove a political opponent, nothing more.

"They were AS JUSTIFIED as BLM ..."??  ROFL -[i]Are you trying to equate the murders of blacks by racist white cops with attacking the seat of government because of a lie?

Give me a break!

If Trump didn't do anything, what has he got to worry about?  Do you think all of those died-in-the-wool Republicans are lying?

It seems to me only non-Americans would notcare to know what was behind the third insurrection in America's history.  I suppose you opposed the Watergate investigation and the 9/11 investigation.

22. My Esoteric profile image85

Another very scary headline as Trump Republicans continue to undermine American democracy - this time in Colorado where an Election-Denier is wanting to become their Secratary of State.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/27/politics … index.html

23. My Esoteric profile image85

The noose seems to be quickly tightening around Trump.

-  His man to take over DOJ,  Jeffrey Clark, had all of his electronics and documents seized by DOJ.

- His coup lawyer, John Eastman, had his phone seized and unlocked by DOJ.

- The Jan 6th Committee has presented evidence to support ALL of the elements of proof for Trump conspiring with Eastman to overthrow the election as well as other crimes.

When are Trump's blind defenders finally going to see the light about this criminal they adore so much?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/27/politics … index.html

And then, of course, is the Georgia criminal investigation into Trump's ILLEGAL attempt to change the results of their election.

24. GA Anderson profile image88
    GA Andersonposted 23 months ago

Here's one for you MyEsoteric. I dug this up to beat you to it.

I watched most of today's hearing. I wouldn't call it a 'smoking gun', it was more like a smoking RPG tube.

GA

LOL, right on.

25. My Esoteric profile image85

Well, for ANYBODY who just watched the testimony in front of the Jan 6 Select Committee today should have ALL DOUBT REMOVED about Trump and Company's culpability in conspiring to commit several crimes against the United States.

Trump is Toast (and also a lunatic).

NBC News Chief White House Correspondent Peter Alexander tweeted, “A source close to the Secret Service tells me both Bobby Engel, the lead agent, and the presidential limousine/SUV driver are prepared to testify under oath that neither man was assaulted and that Mr. Trump never lunged for the steering wheel.”
      https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/stat … with-trump

There is now doubt that this woman was truthful.

This is why we needed someone to cross-examine and call other witnesses to corroborate testimony. We need to hear from the driver and the secret service that were in the car.

First - why are you NOW believing an "unnamed" source when you discarded ANYTHING they said in the past.

Second, what was Hutchenson not truthful about?  That somebody DIDN'T tell her about what happened in the Beast.?

I do agree we need to hear from the Secret Service and they repeated again that they will cooperate with the Committee.

I find it interesting that the ONLY thing you focused on was what Trump may or may not have done in the Beast.

Why didn't you want to comment on the fact that Trump KNEW his crowd was armed?

Why didn't you want to commenton the fact that Trump KNEW violence was likely to occur at the Capitol>

Why didn't you want to comment on the fact that Trump sent an armed, angry crowd to the Capitol?

Why didn't you want to comment on the fact that Trump tried very, very hard to be with his mob KNOWING they were armed and had already broken into the Capitol.

It seems to me you are missing the BIG picture.

And you don't think the Committee doesn't have coorborating testimony for this and most everything else they have presented?  In any case, they don't need to since this Republican's testimony is in line with all of the other Republican testimony.

I don't want to even hear from the coward Pat Cippilone.  The Committee doesn't need him anymore.  He will be forced to testify though at Trump's trial.

There is no way DOJ cannot indict Trump now.

26. My Esoteric profile image85

Does anyone remember how many times Wilderness said there were almost no guns at the insurrection?  And how many of us gave information to prove him wrong. Now we have the aide to Meadows who testified under oath that Trump KNEW there were guns and knives there and facilitated them by directing the magnatometers be turned off so that more of his militia can bring arms to the Capitol.

27. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 23 months ago

So what? What reasonable person would need more proof of his role in this assault? Then again, what reasonable person would have voted for him in the first place?

28. My Esoteric profile image85

Seven takeaways from Hutchison's devestating testimony.

1. Trump and his chief of staff were warned about violence -- including armed attendees of rally

2. Trump intended to go the Capitol and pushed to do so until the last minute

3. Aide recounts secondhand incident where Trump reached for steering wheel

4. Cipollone warned (Meadows): 'People are going to die and the blood's gonna be on your f**king hands'

5. 'There was a large concern' in White House of the 25th Amendment being invoked after riot

6. Trump's conduct on January 6 was 'un-American' and 'unpatriotic,' Hutchinson says

7.  Committee teases evidence of witness tampering

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/28/politics … index.html

29. My Esoteric profile image85

At least there are enough sane Republicans in Colorado that reject Trump and his lies.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/28/politics … index.html

30. My Esoteric profile image85

This is from BEFORE the Hutchinson bombshells.

-  64 - 30 percent, say that the attack was planned rather than spontaneous,

-  Democrats say 84 - 13 percent that the attack was planned.

- Iindependents say 61 - 30 percent that the attack was planned.

AND GET THIS!

- 49% of Republicans are saying the insurrection was planned

IMAGINE WHAT THOSE NUMBERS ARE TODAY!!

That shows the Committee is getting through to Americans even though Fake Fox News is minimizing the testimony and trying hard to undercut it.

https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3850

Personally, I think that the large majority of riots are planned, so this is no surprise.  Anyone believing that over 100 nights of rioting in Portland Or. was "spontaneous" needs to seriously consider rethinking how they approach finding answers to problems.

My Esotericposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I suspect, to a small degree, you may be right, there almost has to be among a few people - but not to the scale and detail that this insurrection was.

wildernessposted 22 months agoin reply to this

And yet my memory only includes a single incident (1!) where nightly rioting was allowed to continue for 3 months.  I can't recall but only a single incident where rioters literally took over a section of town, forbidding any government employees entrance.  I can't recall any other incident where police watched as rioters piled fuel against a federal building and set it on fire.

That's the scale of rioting in this country today, and it didn't come from Trump.  It didn't come from the right.  It came from the left and local Democrat "leaders" that found it reasonable and normal.  And that scale helped bring forth the few hours of a riot at the Capitol.

Sharlee01posted 22 months agoin reply to this

It's just downright odd how some can forget or reconstruct the "Summer of Love". They can forget the double-digit deaths, the nightly riots, burning luting, and rapes in Chaz... The damaging citizens' properties.  The billions it cost across the board.

So, odd so many are willing to concentrate on Jan 6th, when our country is imploding. It tells me some are very much able to be controlled by media blurbs, while some see very clearly, and are not controlled by media.

The human mind is miraculous is it not? LOL

Some have become completely fixated by Trump, with a hatred that is or will control them.  It is sad.

And some don't give a damn whether Trump overthows the government or not. They prefer to let (actually help) it happen while defending a criminal.
                Now THAT is SAD.

We have watched one Trump investigation after another, all fizzling out. I can't imagine what all of these investigations have cost taxpayers. 

The hate the left has for Trump is palpable and Must be difficult o live with.

Which ones have failed????  Not one!!!!  The fact that you had a bunch of cowardly Republicans who wouldn't impeach Hitler chose to violate their oaths of office (which means nothing anymore to Trump Republicans) wouldn't vote to convict does not mean the "investigations fizzled".

How much has Trump's incompetence cost in terms of money and lives?

The Hate you have for Biden is palpable and Must be difficult to live with.  At least with Trump, he gave people a very good reason to hate him.

If the investigations did not fizzle then either a court or Congress declared him guilty as charged.

None of the 4 (including the current circus) succeeded in doing that.  Ergo, they failed.

In my opinion, everyone has failed. Russiagate, two impeachments, and now we will see what happens with this investigation.

I have no hate for Biden, in fact, I feel very sorry for this man. He is a pitiful human being, that has been used.

Once again - full of gross exagerations.  You are taking one raindrop and turning it into a torrent.  As I told Wilderness, ONLY 7% of protests were accompanied by a riot.

I see you are DEFLECTING again to something different than the scale of the conspiracy to overthrow the election.

"And yet my memory only includes a single incident (1!) where nightly rioting was allowed to continue for 3 months. " - Then you are recalling wrong and minimizing the attack on our democracy as well

"I can't recall but only a single incident where rioters literally took over a section of town, forbidding any government employees entrance. " -  Then you are recalling wrong and minimizing the attack on our democracy as well. 

Also, define a "section". 

Further, "forbid" is a gross mischaracterization. Didn't you learn anything from the article I provided you?

I see you are back to making things up about the fire.  There is no mention of police standing by in this article.
            https://www.yahoo.com/video/rioters-set … 33860.html

"That's the scale of rioting in this country today," - Once again your standard gross exageration (especially with the use of the word "today".  What was it I showed you? Only 7% of protests turned into riots.  So I must wonder what alternate reality you are currently living in.

"It didn't come from the right. " - Then why was the Right there, killing protestors and rioting themselves. Funny you should have forgotten that.

And those "few hours of siditious conspiracy" almost killed the Vice President of the United States and several Congresspeople as well as obstructed Congress - ALL BASED ON A LIE.  That is a far cry from protesting against the murders of black people by racist white cops.

31. My Esoteric profile image85
    My Esotericposted 22 months ago

Mysogonistic Republicans, some of them female, are doing their damnedest to discredit the VERY believable Cassidy Hutchenson whose testimony, most of it coorborated, crucified  Trump.

Now we have the added thrill of seeing some of these unAmerican, unPatriotic, unDemocratic exlative deleteds get tried for witness tampering.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/30/politics … index.html

32. My Esoteric profile image85

It was said a little differently a year or so ago but here is a truism.

"You can't be a Republican who is loyal to Trump and loyal to the Constitution at the same time".

33. My Esoteric profile image85

My, my, isn't this interesting.  Maybe Deputy Chief of Staff Ornato (a known Trump-like liar and disgrace to the Secret Service) had it right when he told Hutchenson about the altercation between Trump and the Secret Service in the Beast.  Now Secret Service sources are saying Then-President Donald Trump angrily demanded to go to the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, and berated his protective detail when he didn't get his way, according to two Secret Service sources who say they heard about the incident from multiple agents, including the driver of the presidential SUV where it occurred.

Could that "anger" and "beratement" turned into grabbing for a steering wheel and choking his lead agent?  Could be.  In any case, the Trump Republican unfair attack on Cassidy is disgusting.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/01/politics … index.html

Another CNN linK?

34. My Esoteric profile image85

I looks like Hutchenson's testimony shook a few more truth-tellers from the tree.  People who know Merrick Garland say they do not think he can do anything else now but to indict Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/03/politics … index.html

I am not satisfied with them not calling the two FBI agents that claim Hutchenson was not being truthful. They need to clarify her testimony, otherwise, I in no respect intend even to consider watching another witness.

Why in the world would I take her word over three others who dispute her claims. The investigation is tainted in my view.

I have begun to even have some doubt about the others they presented.

They should also call the two Secret Service agents (one being the driver) that said Hutchinsons retelling of the incident was mostly spot on.

"I in no respect intend even to consider watching another witness." - Of course you won't, to much chance of haing your mind changed about Trump.

It was always tainted in your view, even though you have no evidence to back that opinion up.

The fact is both secret service men that were in that car have stated, (with the agency also putting out a statement) That these men would cooperate and testify under oath about what occurred on that ride.

First ---   Politico -   "The Jan. 6 committee didn’t reach out to the Secret Service in the days before it aired explosive testimony about an alleged physical altercation between Donald Trump and his security detail on the day of the riot, according to an agency spokesperson." https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/2 … e-00043164

Please note an actual name of a human being and his title that gave this statement, not a mysterious whoever...   "Anthony Guglielmi, the service’s chief of communications, told POLITICO that select committee investigators did not ask Secret Service personnel to reappear or answer questions in writing in the 10 days before asking Hutchinson about the matter at the hearing."   

So, I would like you to produce a source for your statement ---   "They should also call the two Secret Service agents (one being the driver) that said Hutchinsons retelling of the incident was mostly spot on."

Either has made that statement.

I consider your statement may be misinformation.  Not appropriate to make such a statement without verification. Either man has spoken to the media. So, I will await your source in regard to  --   "They should also call the two Secret Service agents (one being the driver) that said Hutchinsons retelling of the incident was mostly spot on."

As I said I will give those committees a chance to clarify and rectify her testimony. They either do this or as I said the committee in my view has lost credibility. It would indicate to me, that they are willing to let untruths stand. As they did in both impeachments.

They certainly did not question or vet Hutchenson's testimony and need to do so, before they move on.

Hey, believe what you please, but I have researched this woman's testimony, and it appears it COULD be untrue.

"First ---   Politico - " - What is your point, why should they.  They have already said they have corroboration of Hutchensons truthful testimony.

If those two unidentified agents do anything, they will contradict Ornado, [b]not Hutchenson
            !!. 

Why haven't you posted this story?? https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho … -rcna36405

So who is more credible?  Your unidentified sources or my unidentified sources.

"They certainly did not question or vet Hutchenson's testimony and need to do so, before they move on." - And what little birdie told you that?

"They have already said they have corroboration of Hutchensons truthful testimony."

This is misinformation

WAPO her story was not vetted by the committee.
              https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … t-pay-off/

"Secret Service: Jan. 6 panel didn’t reach out before Hutchinson’s explosive Trump testimony"
              https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/2 … e-00043164

"Why haven't you posted this story?? https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho … -rcna36405"

The article did not offer any information that cooperated with Hutchenson's story as truthful. And the article made the very claim the information could not be verified. 

I don't respect unverified information. I look at it as gossip to stir public opinion.

I would not think you actually read the article you offered, it certainly in no way contributes any information that would cooperate with Hutchenson's story, in fact, it adds doubt to her account.

My sources actually add names of human beings and don't add a disclaimer. You may enjoy these types of articles, but I don't. Disclaimers speak volumes, all plant seeds of doubt.

I have come to the conclusion you don't really read articles, that are offered. I offered very reputable outlets, and as a rule, I keep better outlets, I have come to trust. My articles offered a very clear representation of Hutchenson's claims and the fact that two secret services that were in that car are willing to give testimony about what went on in that car.  Your article offers no names, and these unidentified persons do not in essence cooperate with her story. Plus that disclaimer said it all...

I have once again offered two good media sources that claim Hutchenson's story was not vetted before she gave her account.

Politico -   "The Jan. 6 committee didn’t reach out to the Secret Service in the days before it aired explosive testimony about an alleged physical altercation between Donald Trump and his security detail on the day of the riot, according to an agency spokesperson.

In a blockbuster Tuesday hearing, former Trump White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson described being told that the “irate” then-president was so furious agents wouldn’t drive him to the Capitol on Jan. 6 that he “lunge[d]” toward the head of his detail.

Anthony Guglielmi, the service’s chief of communications, told POLITICO that select committee investigators did not ask Secret Service personnel to reappear or answer questions in writing in the 10 days before asking Hutchinson about the matter at the hearing."

Note name, Anthony Guglielmi, and his account of what did not
              happen...

It is very obvious you believe unverified information. I don't. I find this kind of mindset a problem, in this case, you are spreading unverified information.

1. Fayetteville Faye profile image61
                Fayetteville Fayeposted 22 months agoin reply to this

“We had interviewed Mr. Ornato several times,” said Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., and member of the panel. “His memory does not appear to be as precise as hers. We certainly would welcome them to come back if they wish to do that.”

I suppose we are just waiting for him to come forward and speak to the committee again.

Faye, that's all I accept. Those that were in the car with Trump need to be put under oath and fully questioned. All I have gleaned from many reputable outlets is that the secret service is very willing to cooperate. At his point, before the committee goes on with their care, they need to clarify Hutchenson's hearsay testimony. her first hand will now be under doubt.

I feel all the other witnesses gave almost all first-hand information. I hope the committee will stick to this form of testimony. I don't feel secondhand hearsay should be entered, unless well vetted.

The committee has not come forward to say what they will do. I find this disturbing. As if they will just move on, and ignore the doubt that Hutchenson's testimony has presented.

This says a lot --- If their testimonies did not match, why in the world did they present this testamony.  I would think his testimony would outweigh hers. He was in the care.
                  Rep. Zoe Lofgren Says She Was 'Surprised' DOJ Did Not Subpoena Cassidy Hutchinson
                  "Yet, Ornato is reportedly now denying Hutchinson’s account.

“We had interviewed Mr. Ornato several times,” Lofgren said. “His memory does not appear to be as precise as hers. We certainly would welcome them to come back if they wish to do that "https://finance.yahoo.com/news/rep-zoe-lofgren-says-she-113721918.html

Oranato went on record with WAPO Claiming she was not being truthful
                  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … ersations/

This would seem odd at best. I would think if the president became out of control, and did what Hutchinson has accused him of doing that this secret service man would not remember such an attack.

This committee has a lot to answer for.

I guess you missed the first dozen times I posted articles like this. https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-s … son-2022-7

Where is your source that said both agents were in the car?

Why didn't you report this?  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/secre … utchinson/

Or this one?  https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-s … son-2022-7

Or this one? https://www.thedailybeast.com/secret-se … lls-maddow

You seem to have been fooled again.

No, it seems once again you did not read the articles you offered.
              Insider ---.

"Neither of them said they heard about Trump trying to grab the steering wheel. "

Like I said you don't even read what you post ...

Neither of them said they heard about Trump trying to grab the steering wheel.

MSNBC is garbage and in the end gossip.

You need to look for facts, not "I heard this happened".

I have more than proved my point.

"MSNBC is garbage and in the end gossip." - Aren't you mistaken and really talking about Fake Fox News?  MSNBC is a well respected, although liberal-leaning news channel, and is trusted by most unbiased people. Only Trump supporters don't like it, or CNN, because they always report the TRUTH about Trump

The delusional trust Fake Fox News, those grounded in reality trust MSNBC.

https://www.thewrap.com/msnbc-and-fox-n … udy-finds/

So, no, you didn't prove your point.  I just proved mine.

3. Sharlee01 profile image89

Like I said you don't even read what you post ...

Neither of them said they heard about Trump trying to grab the steering wheel.

MSNBC is garbage and in the end gossip.

You need to look for facts, not "I heard this happened".

Credence2posted 22 months agoin reply to this

Are you asking yourself the question as to what does the preponderance of evidence indicate?

Do you really think that Trump played no role in the activities of January 6th or all of the plotting since the 2020 election to illicitly change the outcome?

With all of this swirling around him in a way not seen for any chief executive since Richard Nixon, is he innocent, really?

Can it all truly have just been "made up"?

We are talking about what happened on Jan 6th in the car that was taking Trump back to the WH. I like to think when a Congressional committee puts someone's testimony in the spotlight for millions to view, they would have vetted it.  This kind of act first, serves to slander a person. Secondly, it stands to lie to America...  My God --- time to stop! this kind of BS has caused a great split in the country, it has promoted a palatable hate one could cut with a knife. All the maybe, and unvetted, twisted accusations need to stop.

Can we turn back and respect truth, look for facts, not maybe's?

Yes, there is a ton of negative rhetoric that swirls around Trump.

Stop and think, about how much was vetted, how much was proven ever to be true. But left to add to the list, just as now this Hutchenson woman unvetted testamony.

All I am asking is --- we stop, this committee vetted her testimony. Yet it is obvious that so many have just gone ahead and added it to the list --- Trump did this...

Maybe it's time to stop in our tracks and believe.in facts once again.

I never let myself become involved in hearsay, I am proud of that.

I think Trump did provoke Jan 6th, but he did not plan it. It is as simple as that for me.

Credence2posted 22 months agoin reply to this

"I think Trump did provoke Jan 6th, but he did not plan it. It is as simple as that for me."

That is ok, but as the President of the United States, I would expect more and can see this as an abuse of his office. His provocation of such a melee is inciting to riot and can be considered a crime. This, in combination with all the events that he was clearly involved in prior to January 6th, takes my opinion in a different direction.

Who came up with the Big Lie?  - Trump

Who perpetuated the Big Lie?  - Trump

Who sent his lawyers to make false legal filings about a stolen election? - Trump

Who called all of those protestors to the Mall? - Trump

Whose minions carried out his biddings? - Trump's

Who sent his militia to the Capitol? - Trump

Who wanted to lead his militia into battle at the Capitol?  - Trump

Yeah, he planned it alright

35. My Esoteric profile image85

I am for TRUTH, no matter who tells it.  I'm for JUSTICE, no matter who it is for or against.  I am a human being, first and formost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benifits humanity as a whole.

Who said this?  Trump, the Pope, or Malcolm X?  Do you subscribe to this sentiment?

1. Fayetteville Faye profile image61
      Fayetteville Fayeposted 22 months agoin reply to this

"I’ve had enough of someone else’s propaganda..."

Malcolm X

I subscribe wholeheartedly.

36. My Esoteric profile image85

Until the Hutchison bombshell at the Jan 6 committee hearing last month, the investigation most likely to lead to a Trump indictment was from the Fulton County, GA DA.  She is hold a special grand jury looking into Trump's attempt to overturn the Georgia results.

The Grand Jury just sobpoenaed Sen Lindsey (always changing my story) Graham, Rudy (the disgraced America's mayor) Giuliani, John Eastman, and other Trump lawyers involved in pushing his Big Lie.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/05/politics … index.html

Oh my, another investigation --- go figure. Hopefully, you are not holding your breath all these many years and investigations went south.

I reminisce with the fond memory of you feeling Mueller would put Trump in stripes... And then the two failed impeachments. Let's not forget the big New York investigations.  I will say you never give on.

Shaking my head with a wry smile at how obtuse people can be.

37. My Esoteric profile image85

Another aspect of the Republican coup on America - destroying voting rights and sending them back to the 1800s

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/05/politics … index.html

38. My Esoteric profile image85

Boris Johnson, the Trump-lite PM of England, has resigned (for some of the same reasons Trump is involved with - sex scandals).  Now the next that needs to fall is Orban of Hungary.

https://www.cnn.com/uk/live-news/uk-bor … index.html

39. My Esoteric profile image85

Here is a minute-by-minute accounting of what took place on Jan 6, 2021, another day that will live in infamy as the President of the United States desperately tries to cling to power.  It is something that the Trump cult members on this forum will ignore and deny every happening, but the rest of the world knows as an attempted coup of the United States.

This is for those who read this forum but do not comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/10/politics … index.html

HIGHLIGHTS

Before 10 a.m.
    White House deputy chief of staff Tony Ornato informs Trump that authorities at the Ellipse, where Trump was going to hold a rally, encountered attendees with weapons, including pistols, rifles, bear spray and spears, according to Hutchinson's testimony.

10:47 a.m.
    Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani begins his speech at the Ellipse rally, urges lawmakers to overturn the election, and tells the crowd, "let's have trial by combat."
    (NOTE - Trump didn't correct that!)

Before 12 p.m.
    Trump tells his staff to "take the f***ing mags away," referring to the metal detectors at the security line for his Ellipse rally, because the rallygoers were "not here to hurt me,"

Around 1 p.m.
    Pro-Trump rioters -- including members of the Proud Boys, a far-right extremist group -- overrun the first set of barriers outside the Capitol and start rushing toward the building. Top White House staffers, including Meadows, are quickly alerted by the US Secret Service that the police lines are collapsing at the Capitol,

1:19 p.m.
    Trump arrives back at the White House.
    - After sending the rest of the crowd to the Capitol - 19 minutes after knowing the attack was in progress

Around 2 p.m.
    The Capitol goes on lockdown as some of the first rioters breach the building. Back at the White House, the White House Counsel Cipollone tells Meadows that Trump needs to take action to stop the riot, and that "something needs to be done or people are going to die,"
    - 60 minutes after knowing the attack was in progress

Around 2:15 p.m.
    At the White House, Cipollone again tells Meadows that Trump should intervene. Meadows responds by saying Trump "doesn't want to do anything" about the riot and that Trump agrees with the rioters who were calling for Pence to be hanged,
    - 75 minutes after knowing the attack was in progress and Trump STILL does NOTHING

2:24 p.m. to 2:32 p.m. - Multiple Trump cult members text Meadows to tell Trump to stop the attack

2:38 p.m.
    Trump tweets that the rioters should "stay peaceful," but doesn't tell them to leave the Capitol.
    - 98 minutes after knowing the attack was in progress and Trump STILL does NEXT to NOTHING

Around 2:45 p.m.
    Pro-Trump rioters invade the Senate floor and break into House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office.
    - 105 minutes after knowing the attack was in progress and Trump continues to do NEXT to NOTHING

Sometime before 3 p.m.
    Trump speaks on the phone with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, who pleads with Trump to call off the mob, but Trump takes the side of the rioters,
    - 120 minutes after knowing the attack was in progress and Trump continues to do NEXT to NOTHING

3:13 p.m.
    Trump tweets that his supporters at the Capitol should "remain peaceful," but again doesn't tell them to leave the premises.
    - 133 minutes after knowing the attack was in progress and Trump continues to do NEXT to NOTHING

4:15 p.m.
    Biden delivers a televised address, saying Capitol attack "borders on sedition," and calling on Trump to tell his supporters to put "an end to this siege."
    - It no longer "borders" on sedition. We now know it WAS sedition.

4:17 p.m.
    Trump tweets out a video, where he tells the rioters that "you have to go home now," but he also praises them and repeats the lie that fueled the attack itself -- that the 2020 election was stolen.
    - 197 minutes after knowing the attack was in progress and Trump FINALLY, but weakly, tells the insurrectionists to go home.

6:01 p.m.
    Trump tweets that "these are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots."
    - 4 hours and 1 minute after Trump knew the Capitol was under attack by his forces, he is STILL justifying the insurrection.

And after all of this, the TRUMP CULT will continue to deny the insurrection even happened and will continue to justify the assault on America.

One final one -

Around 8 p.m.
      US Capitol Police announces that the Capitol building is secure. the Senate reconvenes, and Pence returns to the dais, saying, "To those who wreaked havoc in our capitol today, you did not win." Sen. Mitch McConnell, the chamber's top Republican, calls the events of the day a "failed insurrection."

40. My Esoteric profile image85

More Right-Wing assassinations - this time in Brazil where Trump-like Bolansaro is trying to cling to power.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2022/0 … the-world/

41. My Esoteric profile image85

(CNN) - The January 6 committee plans to show at its hearing Tuesday how right-wing extremist groups including the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers prepared to attack the US Capitol in the days leading up to January 6, 2021 -- and the groups' ties to Donald Trump associates, including Roger Stone and Michael Flynn, according to committee aides.

This should complete the loop with Thursday's sessions tying it all together and bringing it straight to Trump as the Godfather of it all.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/12/politics … index.html

42. My Esoteric profile image85

Well, the "Godfather" is at again - trying to intimidate witnesses.  It seems Trump tried to call a witness that has not been made public yet not too long after Hutchinson testified.  The witness would not take the call but told their lawyer about it.

The lawyer contacted the committee.

The committee turned it over to DOJ.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/12/politics … index.html

43. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 22 months ago

Seriously? This is still even open for debate?

Yep, the great unwashed brainwashed are still brainwashed.

44. My Esoteric profile image85

I wasn't able to watch the hearing, but in reading and listening to the analysis, there was apparently no "smoking gun" (not including the witness intimidation) that specifically shows Trump actually told somebody to send the extremists to physically attack Congress. 

That he did, there is no question in mind, but the people who know won't talk to the committee.  That said, DOJ certainly has enough to start an investigation and subpoena people like Bannon, Meadows, Stone, Flynn and others.  Those are subpoena's they cannot ignore.   While they can take the fifth, which admits guilt, they cannot lie because too many other people know the truth.

What did come out as a fact is that 1)Trump knew what he was doing was illegal, 2) that he lost the election, and that Pence had no legal authority to do what Trump ordered him to.

45. My Esoteric profile image85

ANALISIS

(CNN) As their final act nears, the House January 6 hearings have evolved from documenting a stain on history to warning of a violent and tyrannical future that awaits if Donald Trump is allowed to again unleash America's pent-up extremism.

This is certainly what we are facing with Trump as seen by what I take to be an ex-member of one of militia groups that answered Trump's Call to Arms.

"What else is he going to do if he gets elected again?" former Oath Keepers spokesman Jason Van Tatenhove asked during testimony in which he warned that the ex-President would "whip up a civil war among his followers, using lies and deceit" if he launches another campaign for the White House in 2024.

For those Trump cult members who don't actually prefer to see this happen, they will take their collective heads out of the sand and look around at what use to be America and say "I never say it coming."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/13/politics … index.html

46. IslandBites profile image88
    IslandBitesposted 22 months ago

January 6th rally organizer Dustin Stockton about his concerns in the lead up to the insurrection, and interference from former President Donald Trump's administration in his efforts to speak to the press in the aftermath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC_NWBL1ZwI

47. My Esoteric profile image85

Conservative Republicans who are NOT part of Trump's cult release their report about Trump's Big Lie. In it they say one of the main militia members just said that had they known Trump was lying to them, they wouldn't have heeded his call to arms.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/14/politics … index.html

The title is:

LOST, NOT STOLEN:
    The Conservative Case that Trump Lost and Biden
    Won the 2020 Presidential Election

BY:

Senator John Danforth
    Benjamin Ginsberg
    The Honorable Thomas B. Griffith
    David Hoppe
    The Honorable J. Michael Luttig
    The Honorable Michael W. McConnell
    The Honorable Theodore B. Olson
    Senator Gordon H. Smith

https://lostnotstolen.org//wp-content/u … y-2022.pdf

48. My Esoteric profile image85

WOW, just WOW.  Secret Service deletes texts!!!!  Not any texts mind you, but texts from Jan 5th and 6th !!!!!!!!!!! Making it EVEN WORSE is they were "deleted" shortly AFTER the Committee asked for them. I wonder if Tony Ornato, Trump's favorite agent.  What is the Secret Service hiding.

And now the KICKER for those of you who said OR IMPLIED Hutchinson was lying about what she was told about Trump's insane actions in the limo.  A metro police officer comes forward and adds corroboration to her testimony under oath.  I wonder if you will watch the hearings now?

Further, those mysterious agents that some people here say will contradict Hutchinson are refusing the Committee's invitation to talk. At the same time, the Committee is in discussions with the driver of the limo to tell what he saw.  Why is he fighting it?

Don't all of these doubters feel like fools now?

49. My Esoteric profile image85

It hadn't occurred to me that Trump could have corrupted the Secret Service like he did DOJ and so many other Departments, but it sure is starting to smell like he did.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/15/politics … index.html

50. My Esoteric profile image85

(CNN) Prosecutors want the first US Capitol rioter convicted by a jury to spend 15 years behind bars -- nearly a decade longer than the most severe sentence a rioter has received so far.

In a court filing Friday, the prosecutors said Guy Reffitt, a Texas father and member of the right-wing militia the Three Percenters, should spend significant time in jail because he brought two guns to Washington, DC, guided the mob forward and planned for more violence after January 6, 2021.

"Initiated by the most fervent smaller groups and individuals within the crowd — individuals like Reffitt — and using the mob itself as a cloak for their actions, each blow helped the crowd penetrate further into the United States Capitol Police's defenses until the building itself was accessible and its occupants were at risk," prosecutors wrote.[/i]

He should get 20 years, the prosecutors are being nice. https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/15/politics … index.html

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)