Did Trump Really Try To Implement a Coup?

Jump to Last Post 251-300 of 768 discussions (5007 posts)
  1. My Esoteric profile image85
    My Esotericposted 22 months ago

Take note, all you who misguidedly think CNN doesn't report the TRUTH.

(CNN) The House January 6 committee corroborated key details involving former President Donald Trump's heated exchange with the Secret Service when Trump was told he could not go to the Capitol -- the latest in a string of shocking revelations that have come from the summer hearings with their expected high-profile conclusion next week.

CNN - One of the MOST TRUSTED NEWS NETWORKS IN THE WORLD.

Which is why we, who want to know the TRUTH, keep going back to.  It is easy to read, reports all the news, and its journalism (as opposed to Opinion, for those of you who don't know the difference) is unbiased.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/16/politics … index.html

FURTHER, the committee subpoenaed the Secret Service.  I presume over the deleted text messages.  It sure looks like Trump corrupted the Secret Service along with the DOJ and many other agencies and departments.

1. Sharlee01 profile image88
      Sharlee01posted 22 months agoin reply to this

There is not one name to give proof to any of these allegations. Plus, I don't think many Americans are interested in the investigation.

CNN never provides a name, only "a source said".

It would seem to me CNN continues to try to get viewers for the committee, and not sure they would be the best outlet to do that, as their ratings are so poor.

My Esotericposted 22 months agoin reply to this

So what?  You produce links who don't give names either.  What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

"as their ratings are so poor." - Again with the misinformation by omitting many relevant facts.  In any case, what has that got to do with anything?

"CNN never provides a name, only "a source said"." - That, of course, is a LIE

I very rarely will post a source that does not use the names of sources.

CNN  in my view shows left-leaning biases.

I will admit my statement where I use the word never, was not fair, it was off the mark.

2. My Esoteric profile image85
    My Esotericposted 22 months ago

Investigations surrounding Trump swirl

The January 6 committee is only one of Trump's potential investigative concerns, even as he considers moving forward with a 2024 presidential campaign announcement.

In Georgia, Fulton County's district attorney has issued subpoenas for the testimony of Trump's allies before a special grand jury investigating Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in the state. Sen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, is seeking to quash the subpoena for his testimony, which is related to at least two calls that Graham made to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and his staff after the election.

In New York, Trump and his children Donald Trump and Ivanka Trump are set to be deposed after losing court battles to avoid testifying in the state attorney general's civil investigation into the Trump Organization. The depositions were scheduled to begin next week but were temporarily delayed due to the death of Trump's first wife, Ivana Trump.

And in Washington, DC, former Trump adviser Steve Bannon's efforts to delay his contempt-of-Congress trial were rejected this week by a federal judge, and the trial is slated to begin next week.

1. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 22 months agoin reply to this

Finally, some good news!

3. Fayetteville Faye profile image62
    Fayetteville Fayeposted 22 months ago

This is sad, hypocritical and sickening. I thought Republicans were the party of law and order?

https://www.businessinsider.com/capitol … him-2022-7

Credence2posted 22 months agoin reply to this

They can't afford to show any trace of remorse, and as your article indicates Republicans were involved or through failing to acknowledge the crime, became accessories.

With such a display of cowardice and callousness, they are hardly the sort that I want at the "helm"

4. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 22 months ago

Former President Donald Trump this month called Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos and urged him to decertify President Joe Biden’s 2020 election win in that state, Vos said in a new interview Tuesday.

“It’s very consistent. He makes his case, which I respect,” Vos told WISN-TV 12 News in Milwaukee.

“He would like us to do something different in Wisconsin. I explained that it’s not allowed under the Constitution,” Vos said.

“He has a different opinion.”

The Republican lawmaker said in the same interview that Trump on July 9 posted a message on Truth Social, his social media platform, calling on the Wisconsin legislature to “turn over the election to the actual winner,” by recalling the state’s slate of 10 Electoral College delegates, who cast their votes for Biden.

lol

SMH

This was a point I have been trying to make --- Trump seems to believe there was fraud, and is to this day standing by it.

So, how in the world can one prove what or why one believes what they believe?

5. My Esoteric profile image85
    My Esotericposted 21 months ago

A lot has happened in my 30-days of exile, none of it good for Trump and friends:

-  Today, Rudy Giuliani was told he is the Target of the Atlanta DA's criminal investigation into election crimes.

- Today, Trump was reminded by the DOJ that he is under criminal investigation for illegally taking gov't documents and highly classified material to his home.  That is why they won't release the affidavit behind the judge's order allowing the FBI to search Mar-a-Lago.

- Today, Politico reported Trump's passports were confiscated.

- Trump will be very disappointed he can't declassify many TS/SCI programs, especially nuclear.

- Today, a judge ordered Lindsey Graham to testify in the Atlanta special grand jury.  His speech and debate clause does not give blanket immunity.

-  Trump is being investigated for violating the Espionage Act, another for obstruction of justice, and a third, less serious charge, of mishandling gov't documents

- The Trump militias are on the warpath threatening judges, FBI agents, FBI offices, and anyone else they think doesn't like Trump.

- The Manhattan DA's criminal fraud case against the Trump organization is apparently alive and kicking

- The public is on DOJs side regarding the search of Mar-a-Lago.

- Trump (who has said only the guilty plead the 5th) effectively admits guilt in the NY civil case against him by pleading the 5th 100s of times. (yes, I know what he said afterwards but even a cursory review of his reason shows it doesn't make sense)

Credence2posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Welcome back, Eso, there is plenty on the griddle waiting for you....

My Esotericposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Thanks.  Isn't it sad the Republican Party has devolved into the anti-democratic, anti-law enforcement, pro-conspiracy theory shell of itself.

6. PurvisBobbi44 profile image90
    PurvisBobbi44posted 21 months ago

Welcome back and I hope all is well in your world. I still do not agree with everything you say.

Bobbi Purvis

Thank you, I am happy to be back.  Hardly anybody does agree with me.  I get yelled at a lot by both the right and the left, depending on the subject.

7. My Esoteric profile image85

Isn't this a hoot - Giuliani is a Target of the Atlanta DA's criminal investigation into Georgia election fraud.  Being a Target is the next worse thing than being indicted. I agree with the talking heads on the news that because Giuliani and Trump are so intertwined that it doesn't make any sense that Trump won't become a Target as well.

To many of us, Trump appears and acts like a mob boss.  There is now a reasonable expectation that this case may turn into a RICO (racketeering) case because of the multiple interconnected crimes being alleged which happened over many jurisdictions and time.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol … 330453002/

8. My Esoteric profile image85

This article is very scary - it starts out

Because this country is tracking toward a scale of political violence not seen since the Civil War. It’s evident to anyone who spends significant time dwelling in the physical or virtual spaces of the American right. Go to a gun show. Visit a right-wing church. Check out a Trump rally. No matter the venue, the doomsday prophesying is ubiquitous—and scary.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar … ns/671093/

9. My Esoteric profile image85

It looks like the Trump of Brazil is going the way of Trump  - OUT.

https://www.as-coa.org/articles/poll-tr … l-election

10. My Esoteric profile image85

This is going to open a whole new avenue of investigation in Trump's continuing attempt to overthrow the U.S. Gov't.  Illegal access to voting machines that indicate help from inside election offices.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig … strickler/

11. My Esoteric profile image85

Not surprisingly, the Trump claim that he had a "standing order" to declassify anything he took to his residence is like most everything else he says - A BIG FAT LIE (at least according to more than a dozen former Trump aides).

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/18/politics … index.html

12. My Esoteric profile image85

Based on what DOJ is presenting while it tries to keep the affidavit used to get a search warrant for the documents Trump stole when he left office, it is looking even more clear they are seeking to indict him and others.

13. My Esoteric profile image85

Trump's militia is becoming an even greater threat to our Republic.  When Trump is indicted, I would not be surprised that there would be an explosion of violence in another attempt at an insurrection (although I doubt it will turn into a civil war).

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2022/08/1 … rig-mb.cnn

I would not be surprise if rightwing ruffians do not express their displeasure in any number of extra-legal ways. This time if they get out of line we should be prepared to take the kid gloves off.

Should have taken the gloves off a LONG time ago.  Those people are just as bad (if not worse because they are so-called Americans) as the radical Muslim's on 9/11.

14. My Esoteric profile image85

I just don't understand why Trump is not in jail after this!!  ANY other person in the WORLD, I don't care which country, would be if they stole national security secrets like Trump did.  Sheesh!!!

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 … -politics/

The same reason that so many people seem to be under his spell. I don't know why and from where it may derive. Seems like everyone is afraid to cross King Trump. Well, he doesn't knock my socks off.

2. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Good rationale...except that Clinton did it, was caught and set free.

My Esotericposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Are you REALLY trying to deflect by making the FALSE claim that Clinton PURPOSEFULLY put a few classified documents on what turned out to be a very secure server?  You are better than that Wilderness.

15. My Esoteric profile image85

This is part of Trump's coup attempt.  Put election deniers in charge of elections.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/25/politics … index.html

16. My Esoteric profile image85

After reading this, if anybody defends what Trump did in stealing and mishandling national defense information, they are themselves guilty of aiding and abetting after the fact Trump's crimes.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/26/us/missi … index.html

They said that top secret documents were mixed with an assortment of magazines. That is as crazy as it gets.

I heard that and am amazed as you are.

He had Humit - putting lives at stake. I hope no agents die because of him.

17. My Esoteric profile image85
    My Esotericposted 20 months ago

Lindsey Graham says there will be "riots in the streets" if Trump is brought to Justice.  Is he calling for them or just making an observation.  Any bets on when he will flip-flop?

I remember reading that Al Capone was brought to Justice through tax evasion rather than all the other crimes he committed.  It will likely be similar for Trump but with stealing National Defense Information and putting America in jeopardy once again.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/media/2022/0 … ot-vpx.cnn

18. My Esoteric profile image85

Rather than put Trump above the law, why don't Trump Republicans worry about the damage Trump has done to national security (or don't they care about America anymore, if they ever did?).

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/29/politics … index.html

1. Fayetteville Faye profile image62
      Fayetteville Fayeposted 20 months agoin reply to this

That issue seems to be of little or no concern. Everything seems to center around Mr Trump and how he's treated. It's a total cult of personality.

Sharlee01posted 20 months agoin reply to this

"That issue seems to be of little or no concern. Everything seems to center around Mr Trump and how he's treated. It's a total cult of personality."

--- My god this man has been being investigated from the time he stepped into the office. He either has not done anything or we have a really bad bunch of investigators in our law enforcement agencies.

So, how do you feel Trump has gotten away with not being indicted --- FOR SOMETHING?

I mean I have become aware our law enforcement has become worse over the last years, but this man has been dissected for crimes like no other man on this earth. LOL

Oh well to each their own.  SMH

--- My god this man has been been committing crimes since the time he stepped into the office.  Are you saying he is above the law and nobody should investigate?

"My god this man has been been committing crimes since the time he stepped into the office.  Are you saying he is above the law and nobody should investigate?"

I clearly stated, not sure what you don't understand.
            This man has been being investigated from the time he stepped into the office. He either has not done anything or we have a really bad bunch of investigators in our law enforcement agencies.

So you are certain it isn't a bunch of very biased Trump Republican Senators that inappropriately kept him from being convicted.

And yes, I know what you clearly stated.  What I clearly said is his crimes need investigating.  The fact that politics stopped him from being convicted doesn't make those investigations unneeded.

So what you have is a bunch of very good investigators and a bunch of unAmerican politicians.

Totally.  Trump is being treated by the Republicans like Putin is treated in Russia.

19. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 20 months ago

That cowardly little weasel, Lindsey Graham, says that there will be riots if Lord Trump is not afforded treatment that is above the law.

You Trump people are nuts. Are you folks really so obtuse as to not see what is clearly before you? 

It was dumb enough that he took the documents. But unlike Hillary Clinton's case, why did he fail to return them when repeatedly directed while proving to be uncooperative thought this entire matter?

This time the troublesome Righties will earn a "bash in the chops" if they pull another January 6th.

https://www.businessinsider.com/lindsey … ots-2022-8

1. wilderness profile image94

Well, you're certainly right about being different than Clinton was when it comes to cooperating.  She destroyed her illegal documents, with hammers as necessary, while Trump keeps giving whatever they ask for.  Quite a difference.

"She destroyed her illegal documents, with hammers as necessary," - Sigh, another right-wing lie - again,  It is very tiresome.

Really?  What do you think was on those hard drives that could not be allowed to reach the FBI?  Love letters to Bill?

What hard drives that were not allowed to reach the FBI?? They had access to all of her servers.

I think Graham is, like Trump, agitating for violence.  He knows very well making statements like that only inflames others to commit violence.  He knows what he is doing.

20. Credence2 profile image79

Trump Demands Either New Election ‘Immediately’ or Make Him ‘Rightful’ President

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-demands-ei … p_catchall

Trump: the gift that keeps on giving.....

If he smells an indictment coming down the pike I think he's going to try to get a state to secede so that he can rule over it while they offer him protection.

I would not be surprised.  I think they need to take his passport back in order to stop him from fleeing the country.

2. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 20 months agoin reply to this

Sounds ridiculous?

With Trump, the blantantly absurd is can always be found just around the corner.

He is either mad or there is a method in his madness, i would go with the latter. He thinks so little of his lemming like followers that this outlandish statement serves as a cattle prod for them.

Yeah, lol, my wife told me about that insanity.

Are you like me, scratching your head in disbelief?

21. Credence2 profile image79

Does this Trump guy ever give it a rest? Who can possibly take him seriously?

https://politicalwire.com/2022/08/29/tr … -sex-life/

The insane rarely rest.

22. Fayetteville Faye profile image62
    Fayetteville Fayeposted 20 months ago

He's flooding his social media platform with QAnon content.

The top response on the most visited QAnon forum to one of Trump’s posts about the conspiracy theory read simply, “Wipe them out sir.” Others pleaded with Trump to “nuke them from orbit” and to “sir, please finish them off,”

This, alongside with Lindsey Graham's call to riot if Mr. trump is indicted is really showing some outreach or even coordination with the fringes. Courting the Q crowd. Scary.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald … -rcna45465

Very scary indeed!

2. IslandBites profile image89
      IslandBitesposted 20 months agoin reply to this

He is a petty little man with a fragile ego, surrounded by dangerous people and followed by useful morons, deranged and just plain awful people.

1. DrMark1961 profile image98
        DrMark1961posted 20 months agoin reply to this

Despite what you leftists like to believe, not everyone who follows a conservative is a moron, deranged, or just awful. Long live Maduro and other great leftist leaders!!!

1. IslandBites profile image89

I didnt say "a conservative". smile

I would agree, regarding Conservatives.  But what she was referring to are people who still support Trump today in spite of everything that is now known about him - including putting our spies in mortal danger and screwing around with our national security.   Those are important things to real patriots but not to Trump supporters.

23. My Esoteric profile image85

Trump's crimes just keep getting worse.  LOCK HIM UP, LOCK HIM UP!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/30/politics … index.html

I couldn't find anything in your link about any convictions at all.  Yet you would "LOCK HIM UP!" anyway.

Pretty typical of you when it comes to Trump.

I just hope he is not holding his breath.

Perhaps they can get him for spitting on the sidewalk or jaywalking.  Nothing else seems to work!

They certainly won't give up. Neither will he...  "They" are many, "he" is one man. And he certainly fights hard.

and breaks lots of laws.  For sure, the Republican Party has left "Law and Order" in the dust.

It simply flabbergasts me how little Trump supporters care about America by their downplaying the danger Trump has put American in with his mishandling (I am being polite) of national security information and by his instigating an insurrection.

Why do you suppose they hate America and love Trump so much?  Why is Graham encouraging more riots when Trump is indicted?

Fair enough.  It flabbergasts me how many people will claim that Trump is a criminal and should be behind bars...even as they look at years and years of near total persecution by nearly every office of the government and zero convictions.  Not even an arrest, but still should be behind bars because, you know, he is a criminal.

And he is a criminal because I say so, not because the law has declared so, and I should have the ability to jail anyone I don't like.  I don't need such niceties as juries or defense lawyers - I just KNOW things like Trump's guilt.

You really shouldn't try to take that line of reasoning - it opens you up to looking like a fool because it forces you to agree with comments like "so you claim Al Capone was not a criminal before he was convicted on tax evasion".

Or you wanting to put Hilary Clinton behind bars.

As always you are fixated on Trump, while I discuss the poor reasoning characteristics being used .  And then want to turn that fixation to me, assuming that I, too, am fixated on Trump, just with love rather than hate.

Go back and read the comment again.  This time without the assumption that it is all about Trump.  If honest, you will discover that it is about the reasoning process to jail someone without need for a conviction, not about Trump.

Are you not blue in the face yet?   This has become a full-out Trump forum. Not many are interested in anything else. I will say it's an enigma. There are not many social forums like it.  Most have moved on, and have more diversified political subjects.    Puzzling, is it not?

I will always be "fixated" on the thing that will destroy America.  So should you, unless that is your goal as well.

And you are just wordsmithing again - purposefully, it seems, taking things literally when they clearly are not meant to be. 

You also sidestepped the contradiction and hypocrisy with you wanting to jail Clinton or NOT thinking Al Capone was a criminal just because he hadn't been convicted yet.

And what conviction did you find when your side kept saying Lock Her Up?  Turnaround is fair play, after all.

24. My Esoteric profile image85

Can you believe the hutzpah of that idiot claiming it is perfectly "normal" for ex-presidents to take, keep, and hide classified documents?  The man and his lawyers are 1) nuts and 2) going to jail.  Anyone who believes Trump is as crazy as he is.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2022/09 … s-numbers/

25. My Esoteric profile image85

Trump loses another one. smile.  He gave up his losing battle to hide his financials from Congress.  The House Oversight Committee will now get the documents they were looking for from Trump's accounting firm, Mazars.

While I would certainly love to see what they contain, I am satisfied that the Committee can review them and take whatever action that is appropriate based on their content (and maybe, if they are allowed, share them with the NY prosecutors.)

His taxes that were relisted show no form of tax evasion or tax crimes. I would think the fact that Trump came to a settlement would indicate there is nothing to see.

You do realize this was a mutual settlement?

"Nearly two months after the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals issued a ruling in a case about a House Oversight Committee subpoena on an accounting firm for former President Trump's financial records, Trump's lawyers revealed that all parties involved have reached a settlement agreement.

Attorneys from the law firm Consovoy McCarthy notified the federal appellate court of the latest development in a Wednesday court filing."

"His taxes that were relisted show no form of tax evasion or tax crimes."  -  I didn't realize you were privy to Trump's tax returns.

Mutual settlement? Yes, Trump gave up and agreed to give the committee what it wanted.

In 1775, soon to be American's fought off the shackles of oppression to create our democracy

In 1788, Americans fought hard against the MAGA equivalent to get our Constitution, which fixed many of the original faults at self-government, ratified.

In 1812, democracy was again tested by war as England tried to defeat it.  Patriots won.

In 1861, what would have been called the MAGA crowd seceded from the Union and real patriots brought it back together again.

We thought America had survived the worst of it, keeping our democracy in tact for the next 154 years.  But in 2018, the MAGA crowd raised its unpatriotic, ugly head again and is once more threatening the democracy so many Americans have shed their blood trying to preserve.

But here we are, in 2022, at the crossroads again trying to decide if America can survive Trump and his MAGA army.

https://www.google.com/search?q=revolut … p;ie=UTF-8

3. My Esoteric profile image85

This is why all real Americans need to be laser-focused on Trump and his MAGA Republicans.

Biden said. "Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic."  - NO TRUER WERE EVER SPOKEN

4. My Esoteric profile image85

Lapdog McCarthy asks Biden to apologize for correctly calling the MAGA army "semi-fascists".  I ask "why should he when it is true" that the MAGA army acts like the Brown Shirt followers of Adolf Hitler.  Consider:

1. Are they ultranationalists?  CHECK

2. Do they have a disdain for human rights?  CHECK

3.  Have they picked on a minority as an enemy as Unifying Cause?  CHECK

4. Do they believe in the supremacy of the military?  CHECK

5. Are they by and large misogynists'?  CHECK

6. Do they want to control the mass media?  CHECK

7. Do they have an obsession with national security?  Apparently Not

8. Do they mix religion and government together?  CHECK

9. Do they protect corporate power? Only when it suits them

10. Do they suppress the power of labor? CHECK

11. Do they have a disdain for intellectuals and the arts?  CHECK

12. Are they obsessed with crime and punishment?  CHECK

13. Do they accept rampant cronyism and corruption?  CHECK

14. Do they try to manipulate elections?  CHECK in spades.

It is obvious Biden was being kind when prefacing Fascists with "semi-" and McCarthy  should apologize for asking Biden to apologize.

https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/fasci14chars.html

5. My Esoteric profile image85

Trump's potential damage to national security keeps getting worse and worse.

There were more than 48 empty folders with a "classified" banner and 42 empty folders marked to return to the staff secretary or a military aide, DOJ said.

So WHERE did those classified documents go?  Whose hands did they end up in?  Are they still there?  Were they foreign?

God, what a disaster this bull-in-a-china-shop has caused!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/02/politics … index.html

6. My Esoteric profile image85

Donald Trump has repeatedly called for lengthy jail sentences for those who he claimed mishandled classified information - For once I agree with him!  So should DOJ

Also, DOJ should  get off its butt  and indict that lawyer who lied to them about there being no classified (or other information, for that matter) still remaining at Mar-a-lago.

Doesn't it make you wonder where Trump stashed other documents illegally?  Trump Tower, Bedminster, Moscow?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/03/politics … index.html

7. My Esoteric profile image85

CNN's Nick Watt is in Bonners Ferry, Idaho, where locals are pushing back against activists trying to get more than 400 books banned from the library — books that the library doesn't even have.

What sort of sick society has Trump unleashed on us.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2022/09/0 … kg-vpx.cnn

8. My Esoteric profile image85

In my opinion, Trump has created a dangerous class of people, his MAGA army, that are a threat to America.  Given what is known about Donald Trump, I think anybody today who would vote for Trump is a danger to our civil society.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/01/biden-w … cracy.html

9. My Esoteric profile image85

"On political corruption, we are going to restore honor to our government, '' Trump said in August 2016. "In my administration, I'm going to enforce all laws concerning the protection of classified information. No one will be above the law."

It is a fact Trump illegally had classified documents at Mara-a-lago, so why isn't he turning himself in?  Why are the MAGA Republicans asking for him to be jailed, just like he said should happen to someone who did what he did?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/03/politics … index.html

10. My Esoteric profile image85

Important quotes from Biden's Independence Hall speech.

- But as I stand here tonight, equality and democracy are under assault. We do ourselves no favor to pretend otherwise.

- We must never forget, we, the people, are the true heirs of the American experiment that began more than two centuries ago.

- But first, we must be honest with each other and with ourselves.

Too much of what’s happening in our country today is not normal. Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our Republic.

- Now, I want to be very clear, very clear up front. Not every Republican, not even the majority of Republicans, are MAGA Republicans. Not every Republican embraces their extreme ideology.

- But there’s no question that the Republican Party today is dominated, driven and intimidated by Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans. And that is a threat to this country.

- And here, in my view, is what is true: MAGA Republicans do not respect the Constitution. They do not believe in the rule of law. They do not recognize the will of the people. They refuse to accept the results of a free election, and they’re working right now as I speak in state after state to give power to decide elections in America to partisans and cronies, empowering election deniers to undermine democracy itself..

- MAGA forces are determined to take this country backwards, backwards to an America where there is no right to choose, no right to privacy, no right to contraception, no right to marry who you love. They promote authoritarian leaders, and they fanned the flames of political violence that are a threat to our personal rights, to the pursuit of justice, to the rule of law, to the very soul of this country.

- They look at the mob that stormed the United States Capitol on Jan. 6, brutally attacking law enforcement, not as insurrectionists who placed a dagger at the throat of our democracy, but they look at them as patriots.

- There are far more Americans, far more Americans from every background and belief, who reject the extreme MAGA ideology than those that accept it.

- MAGA Republicans have made their choice. They embrace anger. They thrive on chaos. They live, not in the light of truth but in the shadow of lies.

- And yet, history tells us that blind loyalty to a single leader and a willingness to engage in political violence is fatal to democracy.

- For a long time, we’ve told ourselves that American democracy is guaranteed, but it’s not. We have to defend it, protect it, stand up for it, each and every one of us.

- Democrats, independents, mainstream Republicans, we must be stronger, more determined and more committed to saving American democracy. And MAGA Republicans are destroying American democracy.

- You saw law enforcement brutally attacked on January the 6th. We’ve seen election officials, poll workers, many of them volunteers of both parties, subject to intimidation and death threats. And, can you believe it, F.B.I. agents just doing their job as directed, facing threats to their own lives from their own fellow citizens.

- On top of that, there are public figures today [Sen Lindsey Graham), yesterday and the day before predicting and all but calling for mass violence and rioting in the streets. This is inflammatory. It’s dangerous. It’s against the rule of law. And we, the people, must say this is not who we are.

- Ladies and gentlemen, we can’t be pro-insurrectionist and pro-American. They’re incompatible.

- We’re a big complicated country, but democracy endures only if we, the people, respect the guardrails of the Republic.

- They don’t understand what every patriotic American knows. You can’t love your country only when you win. It’s fundamental.

- MAGA Republicans look at America and see carnage and darkness and despair. They spread fear and lies. Lies told for profit and power.

But I see a different America — an America with an unlimited future, an America that’s about to take off. I hope you see it as well.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
        Sherry Hewinsposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Can't we just make America normal again?

That is what Biden is trying to do but is meeting fierce resistance from Trump and Trump Republicans.

We would like voting to go back to the way it was before Trump lost and started lying about it and tearing down democracy in the process.

We would like women to get their rights back, but Trump Republicans are violently opposed.

We don't want "blood in the streets" as some politicians say (encourage) will happen if Trump is brought to the bar of Justice.

We don't want the Capital police attacked in an insurrection, but you can't even get the Trump Republicans to admit there was an insurrection.

To get to what you are asking for, either the Trump Republicans need to stop their attack on American democracy or have the people vote them out before it is too late.  To get to what you are asking for, Republicans need to elect people who are not part of Trump's cult and who really want to govern like Republicans prior to 2000 did.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
            gmwilliamsposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Oh please, it is Biden who is encouraging fraction among Americans.  He has attacked conservatives & those who disagree with his inane policies.

2. gmwilliams profile image84
          gmwilliamsposted 18 months agoin reply to this

At this juncture, America will never be normal again.  Americans have become too tribal.

Fayetteville Fayeposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Yes we have become  tribal because we have been played like fools by politicians.  Completely bamboozled by bullsh*t to keep us divided into inescapable red and blue boxes. America should be embarrassed of itself. We look more like a cult than a country

11. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 20 months ago

Does anybody want an Icee or drink break?

GA

Yes, that icee margarita machine wink

12. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 20 months ago

I agree with your points, but I fear that no matter who wins future elections or what party is in power, the divisions are just too deep. Will there ever be a time when can all be just Americans?

We have had divisions like this twice in our history and ultimately  survived.  One took a war and the other, around 1800, almost ended up in a civil war, but didn't.

I have to believe if 1) the Democrats can get solid majorities in Congress, 2) DOJ breaks the back of Trump and Trump Republicans, 3) which will allow real Republicans can gain control of the party once again that we can put this behind us.

Regular politics will allow, in time, for the parties to reestablish the balance we were used to in the 1960s and 1970s.

But first, the violent wing of the Trump Republicans (they would have been called Brown Shirts in 1935) must be beaten by strong police action, and a concerted effort needs to be made to show most of the others who would destroy our democracy the error of their ways.  To do that, however, requires indicting and convicting Trump.

13. My Esoteric profile image85

While Biden spoke about our heroes who defended the Capitol and our nation from insurrectionists, Trump was honoring one of the Nazi insurrectionists.

The speaker at Trump's Pennsylvania rally was Cynthia Hughes, the leader of a support group for January 6 defendants like Timothy Hale-Cusanelli, whose case went viral after the Justice Department released photos of him sporting a distinctive "Hitler mustache."

You must see that photo of him as he sports Hitler's famous moustache and comb-over.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/04/politics … index.html

Isn't it so sad that this is the kind of person so many brainwashed Americans want as their president?

The photo

https://hubstatic.com/16142595.jpg

1. GA Anderson profile image88
          GA Andersonposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Here's a gut response for you.

Look into those eyes. That man is a fanatic. He may be a Republican or Trump supporter, but those came second. The first 'fact' is that he is a defective human not adaptable to civil society. He's nuts. One look into his eyes and you know he will harm folks. Lock him up! Lock him up!

62(+/-) words. That leaves over 900 more for the 'details' behind the photo. I'm sticking with my gut.

GA

You may be right about that.

Hale-Cusanelli had a "secret" security clearance for his job as a security contractor at Naval Weapons Station Earle in Colts Neck, New Jersey. He also lived on the base with a roommate who reported him to the Naval Criminal Investigation Service and secretly recorded a conversion about the Capitol riot.

Hale-Cusanelli stormed the Capitol because he wanted to kick off a civil war and create "a clean slate."

"Days after the incident, Hale-Cusanelli told a friend that being in the Capitol was 'exhilarating,' he was hoping for a 'civil war,' and that the 'tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants,'" the Justice Department wrote.

One Navy seaman said Hale-Cusanelli told him "he would kill all the Jews and eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and he wouldn't need to season them because the salt from their tears would make it flavorful enough," according to prosecutors. Other coworkers recalled Hale-Cusanelli making derogatory remarks about women, Black people and other minorities, prosecutors said.

The problem is there are a lot of those under the MAGA flag, feeling validated and encouraged by their leaders. Some of them running for office.

What is so ironic is "and that the 'tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants,'" close to something Thomas Jefferson wrote out to happen every 20 years or so. (He later decided that wasn't such a good idea)

And as you point out, it is also a sentiment that is offered by so many Trump Republican lawmakers.  THAT is what makes this so scary.  It isn't just one or two nut jobs anymore.  There are nut jobs are getting elected to our highest offices just as they were in 1936 in Germany as well as being put in control of our elections.

Even scarier is the knowledge of who controls the Supreme Court and the uncertainty that they won't just allow all of this to happen when it gets to them.

2. GA Anderson profile image88
              GA Andersonposted 20 months agoin reply to this

It sounds like you're saying they feel emboldened. I agree with that. The reason they feel emboldened is probably as you imply.

GA

I think your "gut" is spot on.  But I think the larger point is that is the type of individual that Trump attracts, admires (he calls them patriots), and lauds.

Thank you.

14. My Esoteric profile image85

Sighhhh - and people wonder why Trump never gets convicted for his crimes - people in high places running interference for him - Trump judge appoints a special master sad

In this case, it won't make any difference - the facts against him are a slam dunk for all three charges (plus one or two more, I suspect).  The only thing at danger is our national security as this move probably slows down DOJ trying to find out where the missing classified documents went or who Trump let see them.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar … -lago-case

Contained in this set of articles from CNN is an analysis worthy of reading.  The bottom line of the analysis is that the judge may have a leg to stand on because the Conservative Justices on the Supreme Court left the idea that a former president can still assert executive privilege murky, at best.  Whether her ruling is legally sound or not, I think she is erroring on the side of caution. 

As I said earlier, there may be a potential risk to national security.  There were several empty classified folders that once contained classified documents.  DOJ is now prohibited from tracking those down, it seems.  Hopefully, she didn't tie Homeland Security's hands as well.

What is the likelihood of anything being found by a special master?  Very small, in my estimation.  Executive privilege covers documents produced by presidential staff to inform the president of this or that.  By and large, the types of classified documents he stole are not that.  Therefore, they can be passed over by the special master.

So can, I would think, the clothes, magazine articles, and other odds and ends that were found.  Even his passports are not protected.  Hopefully, because so much of the material appears to have been created outside of the White House, there won't be that much to review and can wrapped up quickly.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ … index.html

15. My Esoteric profile image85

Oohhh, somebody is in trouble.  Watch a George county election official escort Trump operatives into an election office shortly before their election machine was breached!

(CNN)A Republican county official in Georgia escorted two operatives working with an attorney for former President Donald Trump into the county's election offices on the same day a voting system there was breached, newly obtained video shows.

The breach is now under investigation by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and is of interest to the Fulton County District Attorney, who is conducting a wider criminal probe of interference in the 2020 election

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/06/politics … index.html

16. My Esoteric profile image85

This is an example of the terrible damage Trump has done to our government institutions - "The judge rejected the Justice Department's assurances that its internal filter team had already sorted out materials that could be subject to attorney-client privileges."

Post-Hoover and pre-Trump, people, especially courts, trusted DOJ to do it by the book.  Post-Trump they don't.  So SAD what he has and is doing to us sad

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/05/politics … index.html

Hey, Eso, as a kindred spirit, I would appreciate if you would have a look at this article and tell me if I am paranoid in my support of the points made within this article. It seems to touch on all the main points of regarding Trumpism in particular and conservatism in general.

It pulls no punches and presents a frightening reality. Does its content come across to you as "over the top"?

Thanks

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr … -exception

1. tsmog profile image85
          tsmogposted 20 months agoin reply to this

No comment on the article . . . yet. Maybe you would be interested in this. Democracy Matrix Research Project studies democracy worldwide rating countries with an index. The United States proclaims with pride to be the working model for Democracy. Yet, are they?

At the link following is countries listed best to worst. The study uses three dimensions, five institutions and fifteen matrix fields to make the rating. The U.S. is rated 36 out of 120 countries and considered a Deficient Democracy. The next level up is a Working Democracy. The top four countries of the Value Index are Nordic countries.

Take a peek at the list at the following link. Also the first in-text link goes to their site explaining how they do their study/ratings.

https://www.democracymatrix.com/ranking

1. DrMark1961 profile image98
            DrMark1961posted 20 months agoin reply to this

Pretty poor article.

They put my country in number 80, claiming it is not a working democracy, when I see people lining up at 6 in the morning to vote. We have a leftist (workers party) governor, who constantly disagrees with the rightist president, and we have a centrist mayor. Senators and congressmen from all parties.

That is how democracy works. I may not agree with all the choices, but a majority do, which is why they were elected.

1. tsmog profile image85
              tsmogposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Okay . . .

2. Credence2 profile image79

TSmog ,

The world's preeminent democracy at 36 among the worlds nations? I would be ashamed. Thanks for providing these tables as support as to the direction in which we are heading.

17. My Esoteric profile image85
      My Esotericposted 17 months ago

It seems Trump's well known Midas Touch has struck again.  Now  it is suck-up Kevin McCarthy.  Even if he does get the speaker's gavel, he will most likely be a speaker in name only (SINO).  He sold his sole to the Devil and now he is paying the price.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/14/politics … index.html

18. My Esoteric profile image85

While the wheels of Justice do grind slowly, they do grind inexorably to a conclusion.  "The House select committee investigating January 6, 2021, is expected to announce it will refer at least three criminal charges against former President Donald Trump to the Justice Department, including insurrection, obstruction of an official proceeding and conspiracy to defraud the federal government." 

While the referral itself is symbolic, but necessary, the evidence that comes with it is not.  It is real!  It will open many doors to 1) solidify what DOJ is currently investigating and 2) open up many new avenues to investigate. Maybe not against Trump, but against those in his circle that help instigate the insurrection.

wildernessposted 17 months agoin reply to this

I agree with you that this conclusion was inevitable.  It could not be otherwise when a political committee composed of Trump's political enemies "investigates" him for criminal activity.  The only surprise is that it took them more than an hour to come to that preordained conclusion, although I will concede that that would not look good.

Keep in mind that those same political enemies have twice "concluded" he carried out criminal activities and impeached him for it.  Will it be the same this time, with the judging authority again throwing out that "evidence"?

My Esotericposted 17 months agoin reply to this

It certainly helps when there is mounds of evidence pointing to that guilt. 

They rightly twice concluded that he was carrying out criminal activities and in both cases, a majority of Senators thought so too.  The only ones who didn't were Trump acolytes who would have voted not guilty regardless of the evidence.. You know that as well as I do.

Since Trump acolytes won't be on any jury, I suspect they will find him guilty on all counts when it finally gets to that phase.  He IS a very bad man.

"The only ones who didn't were Trump acolytes who would have voted not guilty regardless of the evidence.. You know that as well as I do."

Just as you know as well as I do that every Democrat in that building will vote him guilty regardless of the evidence.  None of this is a matter of truth, fact or honesty; it is 100% about politics, just as it has been for the past 6 years.

Actually, that is not true, just like there there were several true Republicans who voted to convict.  You got to remember, unlike most Democrats in the Senate, the Senate Trumplicans are no better than their boss.

And it is about Truth, FACT, and honesty.  Trump broke the law in the minds of everybody but ardent Trump supporters (in which case he could commit murder in plain site and not be convicted). Unfortunately, there are a lot of misguided folks out there who have the same mindset as those who support other dictators like Putin, Maduro, Xi, etc.  Nobody in their right mind would support those murdering bastards (I didn't want to disparage their mothers).  Would you? If not, then why do you support Trump as he is no different.

And I forgot to mention the many real conservative jurists and other influential Conservatives who also believe, based on the known evidence, that Trump is guilty as sin.  Some have even testified to why they believe this to be true in front of the J6 committee.

To top that off, virtually ALL of the solid evidence the J6 committee has gathered come from Republicans who worked in his administration.

19. My Esoteric profile image85

When enough citizens lose faith in the election system, then democracy is no more.  When that loss of faith is based on a lie in spite of undeniable evidence to the contrary, then those that believe are absolutely guilty of that destruction.

Sharlee01posted 17 months agoin reply to this

Your comment stands as an opinion, so you have the right to share it.  As I do mine...

What signs would suggest that a country was no longer democratic?

When Free and fair elections are degraded; (Russiagate) One party collaborates with Government agencies to lie about an opposing candidate.
        "DNC, Clinton campaign agree to Steele dossier funding fine"

"NEW YORK (AP) — Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee have agreed to pay $113,000 to settle a Federal Election Commission investigation into whether they violated campaign finance law by misreporting spending on research that eventually became the infamous Steele dossier"  https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai … 9260b13e93
        https://www.americanbar.org/news/abanew … stigation/

Liberal rights of freedom of speech, press, and association decline (evidenced by media not covering all the news, burying what they choose to bury, Social media sites discriminating on what post will be removed, and users banned) Media in America has clearly been caught working or favoring a political party.

Impairing the ability of the political opposition to challenge the government, hold it to account, and propose alternatives to the current regime. 

In my view, We currently have a very destructive confused man in the White House, with an unknown making all decisions, and it has become overly clear the Democrats have made an attempt to tear down our democracy.

"What signs would suggest that a country was no longer democratic?" - That's easy -

*  60 million+ Americans who think the 2020 election was rigged when the actual evidence points to just the opposite.  Many of whom claim the 2022 election was rigged if their far right candidate didn't win

-  The large number of election deniers who actually got elected, all of whom live in ruby Red America.

- The multitude of Red states who made (and are making) the ability to vote harder in the name of preventing fraud that never happened on even a minor scale.

" (Russiagate) " had nothing to do with a free and fair election.  It had everything to do with Russia collaborating with the Trump campaign and Trump's attempt to obstruct the investigation. You need to find a more relevant example.

""NEW YORK (AP) — Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign " - Again, what does this have to do with free and fair elections?  Nothing.

"(evidenced by media not covering all the news, burying what they choose to bury," - You are, of course, referring to FOX and company.  They do that in spades while your so-called "liberal" media does not.

" Social media sites discriminating on what post will be removed, and users banned)" - This implies, of course, you desire for the spreaders of hate and violent speech as well as gross disinformation to have a platform.  In other words, give the Russians and Chinese a voice.

"Impairing the ability of the political opposition to challenge the government, hold it to account, and propose alternatives to the current regime. " - Where has that happened?

"In my view, We currently have a very destructive confused man in the White House ..." - Yes, we all know that is your view which has no foundation in fact.

I find your thoughts odd, making little sense on all accounts.

Are telling me that facts make little sense to you?

For example, are you telling everybody that " 60 million+ Americans who think the 2020 election was rigged when the actual evidence points to just the opposite.  Many of whom claim the 2022 election was rigged if their far right candidate didn't win" is just a 'thought' and not a fact?

20. My Esoteric profile image85

Woo Hoo! Democratic-led House Ways and Means Committee votes to release materials on Trump's taxes to the public 

Now the article says the Republicans will not defend Trump but will push back by saying what precedence will be set (it was set years ago) by releasing parts of his returns.  Whoop-de-do.  Most politicians, except Trump, voluntarily release their tax returns already (unless they have something to hide like Trump does);  Seems to me their push back is pretty lame.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ … index.html

This is what I predicted long ago: Democrats, if given access to Trump's tax records, would make them public.  Would give the general public access to private documents in complete violation of any ethical or moral considerations.

All to aid in stopping a political rival.  Wonderful people, aren't they?

It has NOTHING to do with aiding a political rival. It has EVERYTHING to do with bringing a BAD MAN to the bar of Justice.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/21/investin … index.html

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

You just keep telling yourself that.  In the meantime, I have a most beautiful bridge for sale, on some oceanfront property in Arizona...

(You may be the only person in the country that doesn't understand what has been going on for the last half decade.)

2. Sharlee01 profile image88

New York DA has had Trump's taxes for two years and has not connected him personally to tax fraud.  They have also had his business taxes. Is this worth a Woo Hoo? Seems some are so thrilled by this kind of BS. Makes me wonder about addiction, are many addicted to this kind of media report?

2. GA Anderson profile image88
        GA Andersonposted 17 months agoin reply to this

In this case, the only reason I can see for this action is small-minded hate. I don't see it as a "Woo Hoo" celebration.

What is the committee's justification for releasing a private citizen's tax returns to the public?

Why are you so happy to see this happen?

GA

Look, everyone but a few know Trump is a crook, through and through. Even his supporters know this - they just don't care.

I skimmed through the summary report last night and found

1) Not surprisingly, the Trump IRS did not follow the law and begin an audit of his taxes.  They only started near the end of his term/

2) As expected, there are major discrepancies and potential violations found by both the IRS (which are under investigation) and the House, which will also be investigating.

3) America deserves to know the extent of Trump's corruptness.

4) I am happy because Americans are finally seeing Justice being served.  The only way to tamp down corruption is to shine a light on it.  I will go back to my Al Capone analogy - nobody, except Al and his henchmen, were unhappy that the Feds pursued him until he was caught.  Yes, I am comparing Trump with Al Capone, it is just that Capone didn't become president.

5) I am, however, unhappy that America had to suffer through such criminality at the highest level, of which this will be, I am sure, just another example.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/20/politics … index.html

1. GA Anderson profile image88
            GA Andersonposted 17 months agoin reply to this

This issue isn't about any of Pres. Trump's criminalities. It is about releasing a private citizen's taxes to the public. Criminal guilt or innocence is irrelevant. Yet that seems to be your rationalization.

Beyond your thinking that America "deserves"  'getting its pound of bloody flesh' for payback, aka revenge, this act has nothing to do with, (as mentioned), moral, ethical, or legal "deserves."

Do you have a legal rationale for supporting this?

It is politics at its worse. I don't think that is cause for celebration.

GA

Yes, because it is legal to do.  It has been done at least once, if not twice before.  Granted, it should not be done just willy-nilly, but only when the situation calls for it like it does now.

You mean when your hatred, your burning desire to harm another person, overwhelm any sense of ethics you might have?  That's when the "situation calls for it"?

Because for absolute sure there is zero reason for the man in the street to have access to Donald Trump's tax returns any more than they have access to yours or mine.  Indeed, it became apparent that the only "reason" for the state to have them was to release them to the public in order to embarrass him and aid in removing him from the political scene...just as I said earlier in this thread.

So sad  --- so nauseous... To see such glee, such undeserved hate.

Such glee...over a (likely) illegal and certainly unethical and immoral act.  Beyond my understanding!

Mine too. I have come to clearly see some care very little for our Constitution and would get rid of it if they could. No one has the right to demand seeing other taxes. We have an IRS to handle any form of tax problems.

I would venture they have combed over Trump's taxes for
                      any little problem  Like I said we have a belligerent NY AG trying their best to get Trump over taxes.  Now we have Congress, which I do not in any form trust the Democrats, and after seeing them in full action these last years, I assume they would do just about anything to get Trump.

I have never been so ashamed of America.

3. My Esoteric profile image85

It is Trump who is unethical, not Congress. They are following the law in addressing the immoral and amoral shadow of a human being.

Did you hear Trump's son trash Ukraine and Zelenski. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

As I have said many times before. I can't "hate" a mentally ill person. But I can "hate" what he has done and is doing to America and Americans.

You and I haven't been a corrupt President of the United States.  Your defense of Donald Trump is akin to say an avid Hitler supporter defending Hitler.  The analogy is clear.  It is very apparent you have the same blinders on that Hitler supporters had 80 years ago or more currently, Putin supporters in defending a baby-killing Putin.

As to "reason", that is the only one you care about, not the real reasons.  Starting with, why didn't the Trump IRS audit his tax returns when he took office?  Had they (and done an honest job) we wouldn't be hear today because his corruption would have already been revealed.

It's about vile Government overreach, not to mention setting precedence. Wellcome to the New America.

The precedence was set years ago.

This man has not been indicted on any crime. Woo Hoo!

Your cheer, I believe, will be short lived, in my opinion.  My bet is Jack Smith will recommend indicting Trump in January for the mishandling of classified documents and obstructing the investigation into it.

A little less certain, but I feel that it has a 75% chance, is a recommendation for indictments for charges similar to the ones the J6 committee.  That might come in March.

21. My Esoteric profile image85

Indicting Trump may be highly controversial but is probably the only way save this nation.  The other way is for Trump to give a sincere mia culpa for all of his sins.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/20/opinions … index.html

This nation can't be saved as long as we have a Congress that will blatantly break the law and very sick people that cheer this kind of corruption on. I have never been ashamed of America until now.

You apparently need to study up. They are doing no such thing.  You weren't ashamed of America when Trump was trashing it, yet you are ashamed when Congress is following the law.

Interesting.

This is your view. Proud to say I don't respect it or find it truthful. Better to agree to disagree.

22. My Esoteric profile image85

Don't y'all find it ironic that those who find the House Democrat's LEGAL release of some of Trump's taxes so abhorrent ,don't use the same standard of self-righteousness in the House Republicans persecution of Hunter Biden?

(BTW, for the same reasons I believe Trump is guilty of most of the crimes, past and present, attributed to him, from what I have read, I suspect the same is true of Hunter. If so, he should be indicted along with Trump._

23. My Esoteric profile image85

Damn, Trump keeps losing court battles waged to cover up his multitude of crimes.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/21/politics … index.html

24. Fayetteville Faye profile image62
      Fayetteville Fayeposted 17 months ago

the only “evidence” that people can look at regarding “the FBI sent a list to censor” is that the FBI flagged (just as your or I could flag) accounts that were pretty clearly violating Twitter policies in a way that could undermine the US election, and left it entirely up to Twitter to decide what to do about it. and Twitter chose to listen to some requests and ignore others.

And concerning the following..
      “I am happy to report we have collected $3,415,323 since October 2019!” reports an associate of Jim Baker in early 2021.

The law already says that if the FBI is legally requesting information for an investigation under a number of different legal authorities, the companies receiving those requests can be reimbursed for fulfilling them.

https://www.techdirt.com/2022/12/20/no- … to-censor/

25. My Esoteric profile image85

I would think the Trump paid for lawyer, Stefan Passantino, the WH "ethics" lawyer, misrepresenting Cassidy Hutchinson is in deep trouble.  He will be lucky if he only loses his law license.  It seems he:

* Encouraged Cassidy to "forget" things she remembered
      * Encouraged Cassidy to stonewall the committee saying there as little chance she would be punished
      * Forced Cassidy to backchannel questions to the committee because they weren't asking the right ones
      * Forced Cassidy to hire another lawyer to get honest representation

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/20/politics … index.html

How many other WH aides where these faux-lawyers convincing to hide the truth?

26. My Esoteric profile image85

Just read through the transcript of Cassidy Hutchinson's latest testimony where she describes:

1) How her Trump paid-for lawyer manipulated and used her

2) Her conversion from a MAGA sect member to a normal human being with a conscience

3) Many instances where she heard Trump directly or heard others tell her their first hand account of Trump saying that he lost the election.  (why is that important? It helps flesh out the argument that Trump led the insurrection on purpose - he had intent.)

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 … ad-vpx.cnn

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)