why is so much negatives said about obama these days?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (182 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 14 years ago

in my twitter i read an user twitting that those who voted for obama must regret their decision...

i was wondering why there is so much -ve feedback about obama , these days??

1. marcel285 profile image63
      marcel285posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because what he says and what he does are two very different things.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Any examples? Where do you get such ridiculous misinformation? From ignorant rabble at a Tea Party?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

From TK.troll?

2. JON EWALL profile image61
          JON EWALLposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hubber
          Try the government website that tracks where the stimulus money is going. There were 405 districts that received stimulus money that don't exist, wow.

$ 787 BILLION IS NOW UP TO $825 BILLION  and still we have over 9.7% out  of work, what happened to those shovel ready jobs ? I wasn't aware that policeman, fireman, teachers and other public servants need shovels to perform.

I AM SURE YOU WILL NEVER SEE THAT REPORT ON ABC,NBC,CBS,CNN,MSNBC OR PBS
          Wake up America , the Obama administration isn't telling the American people the truth.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
            Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You forgot Faux News! Oh yeah, I forgot, you have faith in them. LOL

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is your leader. It is your duty as a citizen to criticize him (whatever his political stripe)

1. brethodge profile image40
        brethodgeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agree with you dude.. when we select any political leader as our representative then it is our right to talk about him and his deeds and his promises.. his unfulfilled promises are very much popular..

3. Flavie Lolol profile image64
      Flavie Lololposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That’s normal for holders of that office. Why do supporters of Obama fear when Obama is criticized? President Bush had to duck shoes whist president Reagan had to put up with a bullet would.

1. Sab Oh profile image55
        Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But that wasn't a "hateful, racist" bullet.

4. Brie Hoffman profile image59
      Brie Hoffmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because of what he is doing politically.  Because he said he would end the wars and hasn't.  Because unemployment is off the charts...shall I go on?

5. royalblkrose profile image60
      royalblkroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

because his words, deeds and affiliations have not been healthy for the nation. for example, he announced that the health care issue would have public debates with doctors, insurance companies and consumers, and this did not happen.

2. Sab Oh profile image55
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

Because he is a corrupt, arrogant, overreaching, underexperienced pol in over his head and dragging our country in a direction the majority do not want it to go.

pisean282311posted 14 years agoin reply to this

is he corrupt?...arrogant , overreaching and under experienced in understandable but corrupted?...how do you say so?

Weren't paying attention during the whole 'health care bill' thing?

Yes, just not through your special "feces-colored glasses."

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

...don't forget sneaky! big_smile

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60

There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.  You offered no statistics...

4. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dead on!

3. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 14 years ago

The difference with the attack on Obama is that it started way before he was even elected.
    It's been an orchestrated attempt to destroy him from WAY back....
    These people like to say they are all about "freedom" and "individuality". They are being played like a Stradivarius.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It started before his election because HE had already made it clear that he was (and still is) a manipulating unpatriotic dumbbutt.

1. JWestCattle profile image59
        JWestCattleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile  That was good.

Yes, it takes much effort and skill to come up with a term like dumbbutt.

But it's so beautifully clear and succinct, and folks like lovemychris should not even need a translator to understand the sentiment.  Hopefully not, anyway.

1. profile image0

haaaahhahaha  I love it!  big_smile

2. JWestCattle profile image59

Oops, meant Friendlyword! Sorry! Forgive me, lovemychris. wink

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Brenda's posted sentiments would never need translation.

4. Friendlyword profile image62
              Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello JWestCattle
              I'm sorry if I offended you by the way I responded to your comment. It was meant to be lighthearted and funny. I really wanted to understand what you said.  I don't know you. Never heard of you before last night. I meant no disrespect to you.

2. profile image0

Don't be jealous, Ron.
            You already have a monopoly on so many skillful terms!  haha

I'm not jealous, just dissapointed.  If you want to call someone a dumbass, just call them a dumbass.

Show some balls!

1. profile image0

How can I do that?   I don't...literally...have any.....ya know, since I'm of the female gender.  LOL

4. Sab Oh profile image55
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

"The difference with the attack on Obama is that it started way before he was even elected. "

You'd like one of those Soviet/Saddam/Kim 99% election 'victories' huh? Says a lot.

5. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

Hillary was pretty rough on Barry before the election.

I think Billary was tougher then McCain in the general election.

BTW:  Where is Hillary has anyone seen her?

People have seen and heard from her as little as obama can make possible.

2. SparklingJewel profile image66
      SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the media seem to be treating her like they did Condi Rice...

but, I did read an article title today that said she might be nominated for the Supreme Court...? I didn't think she had done enough "lawyering" to qualify for that...let alone not having been a judge...

6. Shadesbreath profile image76
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

Because he is the president and that's what we do to our presidents.

7. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I have several possibilities:

1. he campaigned as a moderate and rules like a liberal
    2. he campaigned as a liberal and rules like a moderate
    3. he promised he would be different, and he's not
    4. Americans feel like government is getting WAY too big
    5. people like Pelosi and Soros make him look bad
    6. he's too thin skinned
    7. he's black - sorry, but it's true. Some people simply don't like him just because he's black

As for #1 and #2 - depends on which group you talk to!

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64

On balance i don't mind him, though I am looking from the outside in, but I agree that this whole broken-campaign-promise thing is for the birds... I mean surely "I will be different" includes, "unlike those before me, I won't break my campaign promises." (I am thinking specifically of the notion that he might break the backs of the lobbyists in Washington.)

2. Seakay profile image61
      Seakayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, yes and yes,habee...is he really black? (LOL)

3. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good observations, Habee - particularly the contradiction of #1 and #2

8. profile image57
    patspnnposted 14 years ago

The people live in an era of uncertainty just look at the depression and the rise of Nazism.  There are similar twists to then and now. The most notable of these is the uncertain economic future for the working people. This coupled with the fact that people have to deal with the fact at the most powerful man in the world today is a african american, something the world hasn't experienced in modern times.  Once the dust settles and jobs and hope emerges on the horizon things will be different.

9. bgpappa profile image79
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

A part of it is that he won and that is the price of victory.

But in Obama's case, the opposition started the moment he was elected.  I believe some of it is racial, and some of it is that Republicans can't stand losing.  They did the same thing to Clinton.

I am not a Republican (ie wouldn't be if I lived in the US) but I think that is a bit disingenuous... Reagan didn't have umpteen critics? Nixon? That last guy?

Of course they all do. Part of the job.

I think it is the duty of the ruled to criticize the rulers. Exactly why former Communist countries tried to stop people doing just that: threatens their power

That is correct.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61

No problem with criticism - it DOES come with the job. But couldn't you be truthful from time to time in your criticism.

"Truthful" as defined by you? Yeah...

2. Friendlyword profile image62

Unlike Clinton; they have nothing on the man except what they invent in their minds. And it's driving some people crazy and downright violent. This could be one of the greatest Presidents our Country has ever had. And he's a Black Man. Come on say it with me! THE PRESIDENT IS A BLACK MAN!

Are we back to 'anyone who disagrees with obama is a racist'? Really?

1. Friendlyword profile image62

I'm a Black Gay Man. The first thing President Obama did to upset me was allowing a homophobic preacher to get up their on the inauguration stage with him.  Then under his watch; Gay men and women are still being thrown out of the military. He fell into a coma right in the middle of the health care debate. And he came to New York and interfered with our elections. So I dont always agree with the man.
          But I know he saved my Country from a depression.  I know he tries to do the right thing as much as politically possible. I know he wants to make this a better Country for all of us.  Most of all; he's just a good man that does not deserve the level of hatred he endured since announcing his plans to run for president.   
          Now you explain the insane hatred of the man with clear, sane, truthful examples of why he deserves so much hatred. And explain how it could be anything but insane racial hatred. And lets have none of what you might consider to be cute little one liners. Their old and tired.

I'd say an argument can be made that Clinton underwent a similar level of hostility. (I'd add Reagan to that also, but frankly I was too young at the time to be sure about that). Sorry it's a one-liner, but I mean Clinton underwent a fair ordeal on a number of fronts (not saying I'm a fan of the man, just saying, well, he wasn't black).

...Although I did hear a black (female) comic once say that the only white men that black people like are Bill Clinton and Bob Barker..., so maybe he was an honorary Black person? wink

Anyway, yes, some of it is racism, for sure. But not all of it. I don't think that's right...

...And don't forget that some people just don't like his POLICIES. Or his CABINET PICKS...

"I'm a Black Gay Man."

Why would you feel the need to tell me that and why would I care?

"But I know he saved my Country from a depression."

No, you don't.

"I know he tries to do the right thing as much as politically possible."

You don't know that either. You only know his actions, not his thoughts or motivations.

"I know he wants to make this a better Country for all of us."

You don't know that either. I hope that is the case, but we can't know that. Maybe you should have used the word "believe" instead of "know."

"  Most of all; he's just a good man that does not deserve the level of hatred he endured since announcing his plans to run for president.   
            Now you explain the insane hatred of the man with clear, sane, truthful examples of why he deserves so much hatred. And explain how it could be anything but insane racial hatred."

You provide a bunch of subjective vagaries and assumptions as somehow 'proof' of "insane racial hatred" then demand "clear, sane, truthful examples" of how that twisted mess of illogic is unsound? Are you serious?

"I'm a Black Gay Man."

Why would you feel the need to tell me that and why would I care?

I GAVE YOU TWO REASON

You told me two things unrelated to the discussion. You don't need to be black, gay, or a man to hold whatever opinion you like. There is no 'minimum requirement' to hold your opinion and I really don't care what you are. If you want to start two new threads on those topics I'd be happy to comment.

"But I know he saved my Country from a depression."

No, you don't.

I GUESS YOU SLEPT THRU IT.

"I know he wants to make this a better Country for all of us."

You don't know that either. I hope that is the case, but we can't know that. Maybe you should have used the word "believe" instead of "know."

I DON NEED NO F#%$K#$G ENGLISH TEACHER!

Maybe you need a sedative?

Most of all; he's just a good man that does not deserve the level of hatred he endured since announcing his plans to run for president.   
                Now you explain the insane hatred of the man with clear, sane, truthful examples of why he deserves so much hatred. And explain how it could be anything but insane racial hatred."

You provide a bunch of subjective vagaries and assumptions as somehow 'proof' of "insane racial hatred" then demand "clear, sane, truthful examples" of how that twisted mess of illogic is unsound? Are you serious?

WOW! TWO SENTENCES! I'M IMPRESSED! AND SERIOUS. YOU TRY TO TWIST THE WORDS OF SOME OF THE PEOPLE HEAR THAT DONT KNOW YOU. I DO. YOU SAW THE MARCHES AND THE SIGNS AND THE NAME CALLING JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE. CAN YOU TOP SIX SENTENCES?

" YOU TRY TO TWIST THE WORDS OF SOME OF THE PEOPLE HEAR "

That should be "here."

YEA YEA THAT TOO!

"YOU SAW THE MARCHES AND THE SIGNS AND THE NAME CALLING JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE"

Which ones? You didn't mention those before, you just said what a swell fella you think he is and that anyone who disagrees is insane and racist. Some sharp thinking right there.

3. Sab Oh profile image55

""But I know he saved my Country from a depression."

No, you don't.

I GUESS YOU SLEPT THRU IT."

"I guess you slept through it" does nothing to make your statement any more logical.

"I guess you slept through it"

YEA YEA I GUESS YOU DID THAT TOO!

Slept through what? The alternate reality you have explored so that you know without question what would have happened if we hadn't wasted all of our grandchildren's money?

3. JON EWALL profile image61

Friendlyword

great comments like
            But I know he saved my Country from a depression.  I know he tries to do the right thing as much as politically possible. I know he wants to make this a better Country for all of us.  Most of all; he's just a GOOD MAN that does not DESERVE THE HATRED THAT he endured
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Are you talking about PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH ?

2000 started his term left with President Clinton recession
            First move   Bush tax cuts     get more money in the hands of the people
            Sept 11   America attacked  economy and country in jeopardy of a collapse

Attack enemy terrorist in Afghanistan  with approval of Democrat Congress 

Invade Iraq  with   approval of y Democrats in congress

2004    re elected to second term   
            Economy going strong up to 2007, unemployment 4.6% ,a barrel of oil $ 45.00 and treasury record incomes.

2007,2008  Democrats in full control of congress with a lame duck president.

Start of economy going in wrong direction. oil increases up to $ 125.00 a barrel, ethanol bill approved by Dem's causing corn to be used for fuel instead  of food, gas prices escalate to $4.00 a gal., start of mortgage crisis, start of decline in labor market ( DEC 2008  UNEMPLOYMENT 6.7%)
            2009 DEMS TAKE COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE GOVERNMENT
            16 months later  unemployment 9.7%, still waiting for promised jobs
            deficit  4 times more than the Bush ERA
            Need I go on ?
            The question ?  were you better off in 2006 than we are today ?
            YOU BETCHA !

1. habee profile image93
              habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jon, stop confusing the liberals with facts!

Invade Iraq  with   approval of y Democrats in congress

I HAD TO STOP RIGHT THERE AND SAY GEORGE BUSH INVADED IRAQ WITH LIES TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND THE WORLD. BEFORE THAT; HE HAD THE SUPPORT OF THE ENTIRE COUNTRY.

"GEORGE BUSH INVADED IRAQ WITH LIES TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND THE WORLD"

You do not know that.

You are starting to sound like some computer program that just spits out prerecorded replies to questions or statements you can't answer. How in the world would you know WHAT I KNOW? I was here in New York, in the United States. Where were you and how come you don't know WHAT I KNOW?

I'm a liberal, I do pretty well with facts. Twisted facts and lies is all I have a problem with.

"I'm a liberal, I do pretty well with facts."

LOLOLOLOLolololOLLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. habee profile image93
                  habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Friendly, which of Jon's numbers do you say are lies?

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

It's obvious that a significant part of the opposition to Obama is racial. Much of the rest results from Republicans fanning the flames of the Tea Party's toxic mix of anti-tax, anti-abortion, anti-government, anti-gay, anti-immigrant hatred. Whatever your prejudice, come one, come all to the big tent of hate and ignorance.

"It's obvious that a significant part of the opposition to Obama is racial."

You can't prove that, you are just attempting to use race-baiting as a political tool. It is disgraceful.

Are you blind? Haven't you seen the racist Tea Bagger signs. Didn't you notice the people who spat on civil rights hero , Congressman Lewis, and called him a nigger?

Mr Deeds wrote:
                "It's obvious that a significant part of the opposition to Obama is racial."

Sab Oh wrote:
                You can't prove that, you are just attempting to use race-baiting as a political tool. It is disgraceful.

Mr. Deeds asked Sab Oh, TK, Who ever....
                "Are you blind? Haven't you seen the racist Tea Bagger signs. Didn't you notice the people who spat on civil rights hero , Congressman Lewis, and called him a nigger?

I did not see a response to Mr. Deeds' question.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image73
                  Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Honestly I have never seen any evidence of this though I would like to see the person that would commit such a despicable thing.

Maybe we could ask Jesse Jackson Jr. who was holding a camera and filming the whole walk to show us his footage?

"Didn't you notice the people who spat on Congressman Lewis, and called him a n****r?"

No I didn't, and you didn't either as there is no proof that ever happened.

1. lovemychris profile image77
                    lovemychrisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes there is, I saw the video. This white guy was standing there with his hands cupped as if in a mega-phone, and a black man walked by...it wasn't Lewis, this guy was tall and thin... anyway, the white man spit on him, because the black man turned around to confront him as he wiped his face.

" Haven't you seen the racist Tea Bagger signs"

No I haven't, as I know of no group that goes by that name. Maybe you could manage to drag yourself out of the third grade and refer to groups by their actual names?

So, how many signs have you seen? An exact number please. And does this number stand as proof that "a significant number" of all the millions of Americans who oppose Obama's policies and practices are motivated by racism? Come on, you can do better.

Sab Oh asked Mr. Deeds for "An exact number please."(of the racist hate signs Mr Deeds has seen at the Million Nut Marches held throughout the Country)
                  Do you want to take back that question? You said you haven't seen anything anywhere that was racist and hateful. Yet Mr. Deeds is required to give you "An exact number please."

FOR REAL?

For real. He is the one making the assertion, not me. Didn't think that one through, did ya?

"You said you haven't seen anything anywhere that was racist and hateful."

No, I didn't say that.

2. always exploring profile image76
        always exploringposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Him being black is a wonderful thing, finally we are not looking at the color of skin, we are looking at the person. Obama is well qualified, he,s honest, he cares for the underpriviliaged, i could go on and on. People who hate him are the ones who join hate groups like the tea baggers. I believe in free speech, but i believe they should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent.

So as long as they agree with you then you support the individual's right to free speech.  If they disagree however they should be locked up.

I understand!

Heil Comrade

"Him being black is a wonderful thing, finally we are not looking at the color of skin, we are looking at the person"

Um...but...does someone want to explain it to her.....?

3. Sab Oh profile image55

"Obama is well qualified"

That is demonstrably not true.

" he,s honest"

He lied about many campaign promises

" he cares for the underpriviliaged"

You don't know that.

10. lovemychris profile image77

I can't remember anyone ever saying before this that the president wants to destroy America.
    Especially members of the gvt. itself. Reps and Senators opponents are saying that the President of the United States wants to destroy America!
    That is unheard of.
    And Bush actually DID destroy America, and political opponents even then didn't go that low.

Obama was eviscerated before he got a chance to make a move.
    This is organized opposition.

Read that back to yourself slowly and see, in addition to the selective memory aspect, the instant self-contradiction.

Yes, after 8 years of it, I can safely say that Bushco destroyed America...
        I've already stated in many posts why I feel this way
        But I'm not a Senator or a Representative. I have no political clout, nor the political responsability.
        These idiots are saying to the world that our president wants to destroy America. Their president too btw. Get that? Or did you see the Dems do it when your guy was pres? I didn't. Nor did I see any citizens showing up at Bushco meetings with guns strapped to their legs.
        Nor heard of the Pubs being threatened for voting for the tax cuts for the uberrich.
        Your people have gone bat sh*t crazy, and you need to ask why.
        Bush did something to deserve it, what has Obama done?
        Look at you funny?
        You don't like his walk? His clothes? What?
        His policies? That doesn't explain the tea-bagging (haha) at the very beginning of his term....before he even did anything.
        And there were no anti-Bush/Cheney signs at those baggings....none.
        If it WAS the money-grubbing policy, you would have gone after Bush and Paulson too. Never heard Bush called  socialist, yet never heard Obama  called anything but!

You know what? You are too far gone, too rabidly partisan, too illogical, too dishonest, and too hypocritical to bother with anymore. You and the Weed People lady should start a chat room where you can just shout irrationalities at each other all day.

"You are too far gone, too rabidly partisan, too illogical, too dishonest, and too hypocritical to bother with anymore."

Nice way to answer my claims...with personal insults.
            Told you...I read the memo.
            This is straight out of Republican Politics 101...

Remember, it was Gingrich who told them all:
            Say no to everything...don't let Obama accomplish anything. Then in November, we will come in with our solutions.

Same old Shpeil I hear around here..."We Republicans will save you from the big bad Democrats."
            Sorry--I watched Bugs Bunny...I know this move.
            Sending Wile E Coyote in to guard the sheep.

2. JOE BARNETT profile image59
      JOE BARNETTposted 14 years agoin reply to this

here here! an informed opinion.

11. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

Of course I think the opposite of Sab Oh's comment, I think it is because he is doing a damn good job, and the conservatives are clearly running scared.  They are a dinosaur, a has been, and now nothing more than a group of bigot freak-a-zoids!

Yeah, I think it is because Obama is doing a damn good job.  That is just my opinion.

1. ErictheGator profile image60
      ErictheGatorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The reason there has been so much negativity directed at President Obama is because people are afraid of change especially when it is more than one thing at a time. He has shown that he can make tough decisions even when the decision is not so popular or what everyone wants. With all the nasty hateful talk swirling around the country and all the misinformation spread by FOX NEWS and right wing radio talk shows like Limbaugh, Glen Beck, and others along with Liz Cheney, Sarah Palin, and Michelle Bachman spouting terms like socialist...marxist...nazi...radical...racist...etc.
      There isn't any civility anymore, just hateful partisan rhetoric attacking Obama in an attempt to destroy him. I feel race plays into a lot of the so called grass roots Tea Party hate speech and cowardly violence we've seen recently after the passage of healthcare reform. Come on all you right wing conservatives tell the truth, you don't like Obama because he is not white.

Did you support George Bush?

If you did not support him was it because he was white?

I'm with you on that; it is hardly helpful to assume everybody who doesn't like Obama is a racist. I mean, really. Yes, I am sure it happens. And for the record, I imagine some blacks didn't vote for McCain because he was white (you could frame it that way after all), but to assume anyone who doesn't like Obama is racist is, well, how shall I put it, not helpful... After all, on a forum someone could just ask you to STATE your reasons (and THEN say you are an idiot wink just joking. Really... roll)

Who is assuming that everybody who doesn't like Obama is a racist? Some are just morons and simply Party of No Republicans.

2. Arthur Fontes profile image73

I think there is more anger directed towards Congress right now.  There are elections in November.  Democrats are resigning like dominoes.   

If a person is a true conservative then they would believe in the equality and the rights of each and every individual.  There is no need of Americans to be divided by any labels.  We need to unite behind what is right for our Republic as a whole now and in the future.

Absolutely. You may be shocked to know (or you may already know) that someone who is ACTUALLY a Leftist (as opposed to the supposed Leftists in the Democratic Party, who are centrists, in fact), ie., Noam Chomsky, would agree with this. He considers the US to be ruled by a one-party state with two arms. And the people are played off one another while the oligarchs retain power... via BOTH major parties...

Was it you who brought up William F Buckley a while ago? There was a man you could disagree with not because he was a buffoon, but because you could actually grasp his arguments... Much better of a situation...

I have seen Chomsky on video and I also know Buckley but I did not mention him.

In the US football is very popular.  People are obsessed with their favorite team.  The Super Bowl has huge ratings.  The National football League could care less who wins the game they own it all.

International banking cartels not only own The UNITED STATES but most if not all other countries as well.  Wealth is theirs all the people are left with is debt. The only thing left for the cartels to acquire is the power of controlling the population which they are piecing together at an increasing pace.

The individual needs to stand up for themselves and demand their natural born rights.

2. Doug Hughes profile image61

I know I have brought up Wm F. Buckley as a rational conservative. Rational conservatives have moved from endangered to nearly extinct.  That's not to say I agreed with Buckley but he was a HONEST conservative.

I'm not sure you can substantiate the assertion that they have nearly become extinct, unless you mean that they have nearly become extinct on the air-waves. But frankly, looking for rational, or at least, deep, discourse on the air-waves was always going to be a losing proposition, whether conservative, liberal or anything else.

2. Doug Hughes profile image61

"Democrats are resigning like dominoes."

A few points. Dominoes don't resign. There are 20 Democratic and 20 Republicn seats open in the House races.

Facts are tricky nasty things, I know. Considering that there are MORE democrats than Republicans in the House, the % of open seats is greater among the GOP...

resign yourself to something accept, reconcile yourself to, succumb to, submit to, bow to, give in to, yield to, acquiesce to

Like dominoes falling.

What are you my f***ing English teacher?

If I had the time, Arthur.

And then?

3. ErictheGator profile image60

I'm not saying everyone that didn't vote for Obama was racist. What I said was that a lot of right wing conservatist don't want to say that when asked. I'm sure a lot of people voted on ideology but I'm sure some voted on their own belief system about race.

This is probably true. I guess the only response I can think of to give (right now) is that this suggests/implies that Democratic supporters are never equally swayed by prejudice of various kinds. This doesn't seem likely; of course race is a particularly important issue in America, given, among other things, the legacy of slavery (in large part the fault of the British in any case, as well as fellow Africans who traded slaves to Europeans.)

I agree with you, but remember alot of Democrats put Reagan in Office.  Alot of Democrats would have put McCain in office.  And you are right on about the slave trade.

2. ErictheGator profile image60

Yes i voted for George Bush and not because he was white. So did you vote for Obama or McCain? I voted for Obama because he offered hope and change not because of his skin color.

I did not vote for either candidate.  Neither one deserved my validation.  I did not think it mattered anyway.  The agenda continues regardless of political ideology.

Again, I am not sure I agree with everything you've ever written, but I certainly think this is among the most clear-headed views of what is actually going on (roughly) of all the things that get written around here

3. profile image0
          woolman60posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did not vote for Bush, he was and is a make war not peace kind of guy. Bush lied though his teeth, maybe you Bush believers should think twice before you call Obama names.

Everyone knows that Bush, bull sh--ed the American people more then you are willing to admit, he forced the American people to do what he wanted, but then again most of you republicans don't see that part of him, and won't ever be happy until you get a republican back in the White House, so once again they can bring this country to its knees. We had to deal with him a lot longer then you have had to deal with Obama, and you’re upset because Obama is actually doing something for our country, it may not be perfect but he is trying.

I have found that most anti-Obama hubbers always use sarcasm towards anyone else that supports or has something to say about  President Obama.  You may not agree with me and guess what I don’t agree with your anti-Obama comments, however I do not disrespect you’re thoughts, and that is what America is all about.

Ok

Thinking once.
            Thinking Twice.

Obama is an international banker controlled puppet just like Bush.

That has been the case with every President since Roosevelt. That has nothing to do with the man Barack Obama.

Woodrow Wilson 1913 Federal Reserve Act would be the acquiescing of our country to bankers control.

acquiescing: twice in one night  smile

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image64

I am still not convinced we have to bring the "international banker" thing into this. I mean, I am not denying that among the corporations to whom most politicians feel themselves beholden are international finance corporations of various kinds. But what about Phillip Morris? What about the Coal Lobby? What about Exxon?

And you say Obama is a "puppet" of vested interests. But this implies he is unusually so. This is simply not true. I'd be surprised in fact if there are ten politicians IN THE ENTIRE WORLD who are not influenced to an undemocratic degree by large interests

and small ones

And small ones.

" Bush lied though his teeth"

When?

Mmm. I'd say that the Bush administration in general (if not Bush specifically; I guess strictly speaking it is hard to know what he knew) did quite a lot of lying. Don't get me wrong. This was hardly news that an administration would lie to people. Again, across the world you'd have a job to find an honest world leader, I think, whether leftist, right-wing, centrist, or whatever. I am sure Clinton lied about, well, I can think of at least one thing wink. I'm sure they all lie. But I have to say I think the last Republican administration must have broken some kind of record for mendacity. But we'll see; Obama has only been there a year, basically, so, well, time will tell.

Could you be more specific?

2. profile image0
              woolman60posted 14 years agoin reply to this

every day

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Practically every time his lips moved. One of the biggest was his dramatic "They are buying uranium from AFRICA!" Then there was the mobile bio weapons labs and the contact with an al Qaida agent in Yugoslavia. And then he gave a presidential hero medal to the George Tenet to keep him quiet.

None of those were "lies" and you have no more proof that Tenet was awarded an honor "to keep him quiet" than you do of any of your other unfounded accusations. You're just another partisan drone.

4. lovemychris profile image77

Wilkerson, Powell's chief of staff just swore under oath that Bush and Cheney knew some of the captives in their "war" were guilty of nothing. Not terrorists, not law-breakers not anything. Yet they kept them in prison indefinately on false charges.
              Bush had Gonzales lie to the Supreme Court in a letter. Had him tell them that the "Gang of Eight" approved waterboarding, when they didn't!
              So, he must have known they were waterboarding when he said "America does not torture". Cheney certainly knew and approved....and Bush didn't?
              Yello-cake Uranium...
              wmd....
              Saddam working with Al-Queda...

3. ErictheGator profile image60

I totally agree.

2. JON EWALL profile image61

ErictheGator

your statement
        all the misinformation spread by FOX NEWS and right wing radio talk shows like Limbaugh, Glen Beck, and others along with Liz Cheney, Sarah Palin, and Michelle Bachman spouting terms like socialist...marxist...nazi...radical...racist...etc.

Can you point out some of the misinformation, please.
        It's really funny   Glen Beck has a red telephone on stage every program, waiting a call from the white house when and if he reports anything that is incorrect. The white house hasn't called yet !

Recently  I caught an interview on Fox. News.  President Obama was asked a question regarding the healthcare bill, the president couldn't answer the questions. President Obama started to filibuster going to other subjects.

I can now understand why the president knocks and discredits Fox News.
        We should all hope that the other news medias would ask tough questions so that the truth will come out of all the mumbo jumbo.
        Let Obama stand on his record of 16 months before condemning him.

Where are the jobs Mr. President ?

1. ErictheGator profile image60

Where do I start: death panels, gov. takeover of healthcare, cutting Medicare benefits, killing small biz, increasing taxes on people making less than $200,000 per year, and so on. As for the interview on Fox, Brett didn't let the President answer because he continuously interupted Obama. In the 16 months Obama has been in office, he has saved us from a depression, passed healthcare and education reform, passed the Lily Ledbetter Act, and he has tried numerous times to reach across the asile to Republicans. I can see that we have totally ideologies so we will just have to agree to disagree hoprfully agreeably.

1. Padrino profile image61
            Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What depression are you speaking of? I must have missed something.

The one that almost occurred at the end of the Bush administration and which was averted by the Bush bailout of the Wall Street Banksters and Obama's stimulus package.

1. Padrino profile image61
                Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Working on your stand-up I see.

Mission Accomplished

12. atomswifey profile image56
    atomswifeyposted 14 years ago

This is not a republican vs. democrat issue. Its not even really an Obama issue. Its a country of people angry and disappointed with our government in general.

Our constitution which Obama at one time called "an out dated document which needs to be revised states that "WE THE PEOPLE" shall decide what is best for our country! Obama, members of the house and senate are mere servants of the people. It is very obvious that the above mentioned do not view themselves in this manner and have failed to serve!
    They have set themselves up as in manner to suggest that we are on the brink of a kind of dictatorship.
    Not that it should have been any great shock to the masses as it has been.

And now we are where we are with our government out of control driven mad with power over us and people are scared, disillusioned, and rather pissed off about it!
    So they spout off about Obama regardless of their political party because he is the figure head to point blame. And part of that is justified yet so many forget about the powers that be in the house and senate!

We were all standing there at the polls with this delicious looking carrot dangling before our noses and chose to bite. Bad, impulsive decision! The real "change" everyone was and is looking for does not come from some arrogant, over zealous liberal spouting "Yes we can!" It comes from US!!!

I am planning on July 4th our nations independence day, to change my w2 form to 10 dependents. This way I can hurt them where it hurts most: IN THERE POCKET BOOK! lol
    They are not getting a dime from me! It's perfectly legal and my right. Why should they have my tax money? Does it represent me? Do they? NO!

I encourage you all to do the same and come election time in the words of Donald Trump let's say to them all, "You're Fired"!

You change your W-2 to 10 dependents (if you don't have 10 dependents) and you commit tax fraud - the same crime that sent Al Capone to federal prison.

Your rant against the government "brink of a dictatorship" does not support any evidence in support of the claim. None. I presume it's 'dictatorship' in your mind when elected officials vote in a way you disagree with. When that happened under Bush on matters I disagreed with, it was still democracy to me and liberals in general. (Can you find evidence of liberal militias forming inthe Bush years?) A peculiar difference.

If you don't like how the Congress voted, put up your candidate and convince 51% to vote for him(her).  But the rhetoric about 'dictatorship' brands you as an irresponsible demagogue.

Aside form the usual silliness of the post i.e. Socialist, Tyrants etc. etc., an individual cannot change their own W-2.  The W-2 is a form that the employer uses to report wages of the individual to the IRS.  The ranter probablty meant a W-4 (it's easy to get confused in the middle of a tantrum)  I don't believe there's any penalty for claiming more dependants on this form than you have, because it doesn't actually affect your taxes owed, only your amount withheld from each paycheck.  The problem will come when the annual taxes are due.  If you have had substantially less withheld than you owe, there are penalties to pay in addition to the taxes.

This is true.  Some people do not wish to have the govt hold their overpayment interest free.  They need their income week to week.   At the end of the year they need to settle the arrears.

There is the possibility with the right investments to make a profit on that money before paying up to the IRS.

2. atomswifey profile image56
          atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

true. But I plan on holding out my taxes and earning some interest myself in a savings account. Then when the time comes I'll pay
          I know many people doing it and the more the merrier smile

I do it myself.  It's crazy to have more withheld just to have a big refund at year's end.  You have to be careful how far you take it though.  If you reduce your withholdings to the point that you owe too much at year's end, you will be charged a penalty.

2. atomswifey profile image56
        atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

actually no it isnt fraud until you actually file then you claim what you normally do. you can claim as many as you want on the w2. Yes you will have to pay eventually when you file but the point is to send a message and there isn't a thing they can do about it, it is perfectly legal plus they won't have the interest on the money. Nice way to protest

2. lovemychris profile image77

"Its a country of people angry and disappointed with our government in general. "

Not me...my anger is specifically directed at the Republicans.

The wingnuts claim to represent America.  They actually represent talk-radio America.

So...why don't you define for us all exactly who 'talk radio America' is?  Sounds like a new race or ethnic group.

They do a pretty good job of defining themselves.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
            Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know, the ones with all of the fake Obama birth certificates which convinced many of their less intelligent listeners.  Those who actually believed Bush when he said "the oil will pay for the war." 

The same radio and TV personalities who tried so hard to make Obama a Muslim so they could put the brainless Sarah Palin in office.  And they succeeded in getting some of their listeners to actually vote in her behalf.  If that isn't scary enough for you, then you must have been one of their victims, right?

1. JON EWALL profile image61

Randy Godwin

I seen the interview where Obama slipped and said '' I'm a muslin ''. it really don't matter if he is or isn't, what matters is that he lies and don't tell a truthful story. He is on TV , weekly . have you ever wondered why he mentions Fox as an enemy.

Fox will show past clips of what he says compared to what he says today or yesterday.
              Example about the healthcare bill. He says children with pre existing conditions will be insured with the passed bill, fact is that what he just said don't happen until 2014.
              I seen his interview on Fox with Brett Bair, truly he couldn't give a straight answer. He filibustered and tried to get his propaganda message about another subject. Mr.Bair didn't allow him to use up the time with BS.

Obama is a progressive liberal union representative in the office of the presidency. Buying our representatives off to get his agenda passed is not something to be proud of.  The procedure is somewhat corrupt.

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

A bullet by any name hurts just as much!

14. alternate poet profile image68
    alternate poetposted 14 years ago

The negativity works in the same way as the troll who has managed to disrupt any sensible discussion in this thread.  By making constant criticism backed with no facts - asking childish questions - replying in a derogatory manner to put you off posting, etc etc ad nauseum.   

The intention is to break up any meaninful discussion and replace it with low intelligence name calling.

This same mindset would appear to be the foundation of most of the attacks on Obama that I have read through in this forum.

Hmmm...name calling indeed...also negative...

...maybe you should stop doing that

I'm looking forward to reading your poetry, btw!

Maybe you should take a long walk on a short pier, little pal.

Is that a nice thing to say? You really seem to have an issue with the name calling and insults that does not at all suit a gentleman of your...maturity

2. Arthur Fontes profile image73

You read through this forum?

What was the most vicious attack on Obama you read here?

I have participated in this thread and I thought it was a civil discussion.

3. Friendlyword profile image62

To be honest; I don't usually respond to him. It's just that last night I was bored.  And he is so intertaining. Ha Ha

Odd, but as I read through your referencing quoted post from ...Poet somebody, I was thinking yes, that's exactly right........but I was thinking of the extreme and mindless pro-liberal posters that edit and twist and turn most facts around in their efforts to respond, and then leave one totally thinking their own words easily and most effectively reflect the failings of their theory, stance, beliefs, and blindness to reality.

What the hell did you say? IS THERE A TRANSLATOR IN THE HOUSE?

I'm glad you could find some intertainment for the evening! That's very enteresting.

Anythang for you baby!

15. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Because he's a fartknocker!

16. yankeephillydude profile image60
    yankeephillydudeposted 14 years ago

He ? This fall remove them all, Local, State, Federal.

17. lovemychris profile image77

And you must have a great deal of cynicism about your fellow man.
    Why would someone lie about being spit on?
    I saw the video...maybe you should too.

You really think it's above the Tea-Bagger crowd to spit on people?
    Now THAT'S astounding!
    Just look at their behavior and read between the lines.

WE'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE.

18. tthiede profile image60
    tthiedeposted 14 years ago

Not to say that Obama is doing a good job, but he is basically just the puppet of a far more powerful force.  The things that he is doing in office have been planned for decades.  The same things would've been said about any candidate. 

I do disagree with most of his decisions.  His ideas for a better nation are clouded, and he cannot see the down-sides.  However, we elected him, and now we must face the consequences. 

Good luck, Barack...

19. Inspiration101 profile image59
    Inspiration101posted 14 years ago

Meh, he's a public figure. They'll always be criticized no matter what they do.

20. profile image0
    olgalednichenkoposted 14 years ago

and the answer is:

[1] Smear Campaigns by the Right wing - a la - Palin - ROVE - BILL O - Shaun H - AND THE ILK

[2] Fox NEWS

[3] Lobbysts have hired an outsourcing company to pump the web - with negative obama news and comments

regards
    Olga-Lednichenko

21. lovemychris profile image77

"[3] Lobbysts have hired an outsourcing company to pump the web - with negative obama news and comments"

Ahhh-KNEW it! Has to be....they are so obnoxious and over-the-top.

All the free speech money can buy.

22. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Perhaps there should be a thread profiling the Good things he has done then compare that to the bad.  Then let people choose sides.

23. lovemychris profile image77

People already chose. They chose Obama. You all are having a real hard time accepting the way this country works.

Guess you got so used to having everything your way, you forgot there are other people that live here too.

Emm, who are the elites here? Seems to me it's the people who think they have the right to rule even though they lost the election. Guess they think they deserve everything handed to them, and when it isn't, they just throw a fit and try to take it.

Got a little can of humble for you....open wide.

1. SparklingJewel profile image66
      SparklingJewelposted 14 years agoin reply to this

...your reply is a sad and oh so typical state of opinion of many Ameircans, as if that is the more evolved state of consciousness for the citizens of a Republic to be in...it's not to be about taking "sides", it's about perceiving the truth of the Constitution and our freedoms and liberties...

24. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

This is an easy thread! Look, if you have a number line and you start at zero and go left its always going to be negative, you have to move to the right for positives!

-5,-4,-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3,4,5!
          left           right
    Next question!big_smile

pisean282311posted 14 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ha...wow...u r right!!!!!!!!!

25. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

The thing is, people expected milk and honey. Especially after the dry run of George Bush. No one could deliver milk and honey but in their desperation, people believed Obama could. When he could not, as he would not, people got disheartened and soon came to dislike themselves for believing so easily. In a way, instead of deriding themselves, they had latched on to Obama.

26. tobey100 profile image59
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

You have to ask????  Have you been out of the country for the past 2 years?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)