WHO IS THE GREATEST ENEMY OF MAN?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 52 discussions (166 posts)
  1. profile image57
    ikechi11posted 13 years ago

I know you’ll be wondering about this question. This is a very important question that has been running in the minds of many over the year some have gone to accurse the devil of cause we know that the devil is the enemy of mankind, but he’s not the greatest enemy of mankind so who is?.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Himself?

1. Freya Cesare profile image78
        Freya Cesareposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agree 100 % !

1. profile image0
          Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agree200%!

2. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed!

3. profile image0
        Justine76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thats exactly what I was going to say.

4. Healthy Living Is profile image57
        Healthy Living Isposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree totally!

5. Ralph Deeds profile image64
        Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's my answer as well.

2. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Rochelle, it is and always has been man himself.

1. Rod Marsden profile image67
        Rod Marsdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You bet. Definitely man.

3. flpantherdefender profile image59
      flpantherdefenderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely, man is his own biggest enemy. We won't destroy the earth, we'll destroy ourselves and the earth will go on. Good question! Yep, the answer is definitely man.

1. profile image59
        logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are correct!  We are hell bent on destroying ourselves as we profess to saving others.

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do you say the devil isn't the greatest enemy?

Well when we see people doing the wrong thing we don't always feel helpless about changing their minds and getting them to be constructive rather than destructive. Not sure what we can do about the devil. Maybe pull his tail when he's not looking and run away? Not that practical.

5. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gods. smile

6. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend ikechi11

I think he is; or at least devil is one  of the greatest enemies of man:

[2:164] And your God is One God; there is no God but He, the Gracious, the Merciful. [2:165] Verily, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and in the alternation of night and day, and in the ships which sail in the sea with that which profits men, and in the water which Allah sends down from the sky and quickens therewith the earth after its death and scatters therein all kinds of beasts, and in the change of the winds, and the clouds pressed into service between the heaven and the earth — are indeed Signs for the people who understand.
      [2:166] And there are some among men who take for themselves objects of worship other than Allah, loving them as they should love Allah. But those who believe are stronger intheir love for Allah and if those who transgress could now see the time when they shall see the punishment, they would realize that all power belongs to Allah and that Allah is severe in punishing.
      [2:167] Aye, they would certainly realize if they could see the time when those who were followed shall disown their followers and shall see the punishment, and all their ties shall be cut asunder.
      [2:168] And those who followed shall say: ‘If we could only return, we would disown them as they have disowned us.’ Thus will Allah show them their works as anguish for them, and they shall not get out of the Fire.
      [2:169] O ye men! eat of what is lawful and good in the earth; and follow not the footsteps of Satan; surely, he is to you an open enemy.
      [2:170] He only enjoins upon you what is evil and what is foul, and that you say of Allah what you do not know.
      [2:171] And when it is said to them, ‘Follow that which Allah has sent down,’ they say: ‘Nay, we will follow that wherein we found our fathers.’ What! even if their fathers had no sense at all and no guidance?
      [2:172] And the case of those who disbelieve is like the case of one who shouts to that which hears nothing but a call and a cry. They are deaf, dumb, and blind — so they do not understand.
      [2:173] O ye who believe! eat of the good things We have provided for you, and render thanks to Allah, if it is He Whom you worship.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=163

Please see verse [2:169] and the verses in  context which make it clear that Satan is one of the greatest enemies of man if not the greatest.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

7. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

CONSTIPATION!!!
      http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-toilet15.gif

8. NightEmpress profile image61
      NightEmpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Money

9. mod2vint profile image59
      mod2vintposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Man

10. pylos26 profile image70
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Broadcasters of religions.

11. SparklingJewel profile image66
      SparklingJewelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

self...one's self is the greatest enemy of each human being...until humanity realizes their own "dweller" "not-self", sub and un-conscious self, and how it acts in life, there will always be an enemy within each of us, that works together with that of  others to create the ills of the world...

12. Ralph Deeds profile image64

As somebody said, the devil is in the details.

13. Don W profile image84
      Don Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The greatest enemy of mankind? At some stage in every man's life the answer to this questions is: womankind.

14. pinkboxer profile image60
      pinkboxerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Man's continual thirst for power and domination at all costs. But I really think it is the sea monkeys, too. lol

2. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 13 years ago

Germs.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image54
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

his or her ego

I was thinking that, too when I said, himself.

4. Tom Cornett profile image81
    Tom Cornettposted 13 years ago

Rosie O'Donnel   smile

1. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. prettydarkhorse profile image54
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hehehe

5. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 13 years ago

Germs.

Even Chuck Norris can't fight off a cold. lol

Viruses evolve and adapt endlessly.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image75
      Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Chuck Norris' tears can cure the common cold.  Too bad he never cries.

2. profile image0

Just wash your hands more often. No, you can fight viruses, but how can you fight something that erodes your soul and makes you hate other people and even kill them and yourself? What about wars and abuse, drugs and alcohol? No, a man is the greatest enemy, he destroys himself mercilessly and willfully, and who can stop him?

1. mrpopo profile image71
        mrpopoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, washing your hands more often may worsen the problem. The few germs that survive the soap will then reproduce and their genes will get passed on, creating a population of bacteria immune to a certain type of soap.

6. pylos26 profile image70
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

Bacteria is at the top of the food chain.

7. Rishy Rich profile image73
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

IGNORANCE

8. Rishy Rich profile image73
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

I have always felt that Devil, David, Darkness is just a metaphorical term for IGNORANCE.

Combine ignorance with stupidity and you might have a winner.

9. Aley Martin profile image66
    Aley Martinposted 13 years ago

I would say these people are right, but would also put them together as: man's ignorance.

It is incumbent upon ourselves to learn from the past, and yet we repeat it over and over again. Rousseau argued that all was fine until we started "owning" the land. And I would have to agree. The greed that comes from this idea has created more problems than solutions. And remaining ignorant to new ideas and new ways of thinking is also something that has brought people to their feet. Minds are truly like parachutes, as the saying goes...they only function when open.

Well said, Aley. I agree 100%!

1. profile image50

You mean that one should not own the "land"?!

It will create a chaos.!

Thanks

What do we have now?

1. profile image50

so the chaos continues

Thanks

1. Cagsil profile image70

I would say ignorance reigns supreme.

Chaos is the effect it provides. lol

2. Rod Marsden profile image67

Aley Martin,  I remember reading years ago that the plains Indians had no real understanding of owning the land. To them it was like saying you could own your own Mother or own the wind or the rain. It didn't make sense to them. You were part of the land and the land was part of you. You came from the land and someday you would be returned to the land's bosom. In the meantime you lived off the land and the land provided like a good parent.

Due to population pressures Europeans found they had to think in terms of owning the land.

The feudal system in the middle ages would not have been viable without this concept. It is now impossible to go back to an earlier and possibly better way of thinking and dealing with the land.

As population pressure throughout the world increases more and more societies will bend to owning rather than being part of the land. It is sad. The thing to remember now though is that Europeans are no longer expanding population-wise. Nor are Asians for that matter. There are however people around who are stupid and ignorant and who are continuing to damage the world with population increase. They anger me because they have failed to learn from other people's mistakes. Also unfortunately religion is at the heart of these continuing mistakes and that is a hard nut to crack at the best of times.

That's well said Rod, I agree.

Thanks mrpopo.

10. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

man

11. Flavie Lolol profile image64
    Flavie Lololposted 13 years ago

Man’s greatest enemy that he fears most is darkness of night, and all the unknown dangers from his fellow man and spirits that come with it. During the day, man is very docile like a priest.

1. Rishy Rich profile image73
      Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Darkness actually reflects mans ignorance!

12. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Women...... After all us men never do anything unless the women say so....

1. Rishy Rich profile image73
      Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What abt the Gays? roll

13. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Man's greatest enemy is greed. A horrible talent many seem to acquire either at birth or sometime after. I reckon it's not one of the deadly sins for nothing neutral

@Cags - chaos has its own order. Otherwise I'd never find my car keys tongue *bump*

Hey Frog, nice to see you can find your car keys. wink tongue

2. profile image50

Hi friend frogdropping

Ignorance,chaos,greed and many other negative connotations belong to the Devil or Satan; when we are not attuned to the positive then we get devolved; when we are positive and attuned to the evolution or the purpose of our creation set by the Creator- God Allah YHWH, only then we are admirable and we get progressed, we get peace and useful knowledge.

This is how I understand this phenomenon

Thanks

14. akirchner profile image91
    akirchnerposted 13 years ago

Ourselves - if it wasn't for how we destroy each other and the planet, we'd all be okay!

15. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

And, the planet would be seriously, heavily, over-populated. lol lol

As if that's not the case today?

As if it's not. There are plenty of people who continue to analyze, without taking into account everything else that is a factor, then jump to a wrongly perceived conclusion.

This planet is nowhere near over population. wink

What does over population mean to you?

Up until the industrial revolution and medical advancements, global human populations remained relatively constant. At that point, it skyrocketed and our population continues to climb today.

You might think that's not a problem, but let's analyze what factors we do have. Few natural predators, death rates lowered, life span increased -  all add up to our population increasing. The demand for food is now higher than ever, and it won't take long before it costs more than gasoline.

Keep in mind that research indicates that no species has ever survived such a drastic increase in population. Every species that passes its natural population limit ends up having a similar drastic decrease in population, often becoming extinct.

If the planet is not over populated, it's heading in that direction.

2. Rod Marsden profile image67

Sorry Cagsil but you are dead wrong. The planet IS overpopulated. If it isn't then how come much of the oceans and seas of our world are depleted of fish? Why are food prices rising? Why is housing becoming more expensive and the expense going way beyond the cost of building materials? Why is there crowding in what were once quiet suburbs? Check out world statistics on population growth. It is a horror story unfolding. The clincher is water. Here I am talking about fresh water. As populations increase the availability of fresh water seems to be shrinking. Deserts throughout the world  are on the increase.

mrpopo is correct when it comes to population increases. Get your head out of the sand Cagsil.

What mrpopo has to say about natural predators and death rates also makes a great deal of sense. Good for you mrpopo.

Interesting you say that, but then again, apparently the actual problem is too much for you to grasp and I'll leave it at that.

As for taking my head out of the sand? Interesting you say that, from your own ignorant stance and bias. roll

I'll be nice and agree to disagree with you and Mrpopo. Either way, have a great day! wink

Cagsil, what is the actual problem? I know you've been trying to illustrate it to me, but it's just going over my head.

2. mrpopo profile image71

Thanks for the comments Rod. At least I'm not the only one that noticed.

Not a problem mrpopo.

3. alternate poet profile image68
        alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is not quite right I think -  the issues of over population are a balance between numbers and the ability of the planet to sustain them. We are making such a rubbish job of managing the earth's resources that we are consuming them at an unsustainable rate for the population we have. There are two choices, decrease population or manage the resources better, as the world is currently run by aggressive obscenely greedy people the best choice would seem to be population control.

Yes I agree. We waste a lot of the resources we have, it's simply dreadful management.

I think though, that if you manage the resources better while still increasing the population, the quality of life will inevitably go down. Decreasing world populations, or at least keeping the world population stable will account for both problems.

You are right alternate poet. A number of nations nowadays see population decrease as the best viable answer. Yes we do waste a lot of resources and we can do better and will do better but I believe that at the very least no further increase in world population is mandatory to overall survival.

I see suburbs going high rise and turning into slums and that frightens me. The words to a Cat Stevens song comes back to me as playgrounds become smaller and smaller and in some cases just disappear. Where do the children play?

Yes mrpopo, at least keeping the world population stable will mean a better quality of life for all.

16. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

"We Have Met The Enemy and He Is Us"
    -Walt Kelly

Hey Sabre, what's up? How are you today? smile

1. sabrebIade profile image81
        sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hanging in there, coming down to the wire now.
        sad

2. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Well thankyou paarsurrey smile

I respect your beliefs but don't share them. I'd rather not blame the devil for man's inability to be anything other than what he should be. Some people are (my opinion) horrible and vile simply because they make the choice to be so.

If ever I've committed an error of judgement or similar, I don't blame another - the fault is mine.

Why do you write I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim? I don't mind you're a Muslim. I don't judge, nor believe all people of a particular faith are the same. I have friends from different backgrounds, beliefs, sexual preference. They are my friends. I like who they are - not what they are.

@Cags - I rarely lose anything in my chaos smile And I have an innate ability to solve complex logic stuff - yet I'm anything but. I think I have a glitch. I don't even know how I do it. I just see the answer. No thinking ... more staring and it just appears.

OHMIGOD ... I'm a Freaky frog yikes

1. profile image50

Hi friend  frogdropping

We humans understand things from the symbols; it is easy for our undestanding otherwise those things are not real. Now we named a hurricane as "Katrina" while the hurrican never knew it was its name and it never needed a name; it is convenient for human being to name it one. The same way Devil or Satan is not a reality; all negative forces have been named as such for our convenience; to understand things easily.

Thanks

1. profile image0
          Justine76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

that, is very interesting.

3. Cagsil profile image70

Yeah, you're a frog, but an adorable one and I'll leave it there, so this doesn't get too far off topic. smile tongue

4. Cagsil profile image70

Sooner or later yes it will be a problem. But, is not right now. wink

It will never be a problem. When there are too many people for the earth to support and supply-- people  will die, until we reach a point where the population stabliizes.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/18200189/Popu … g-Factors-

The point in which the population stabilizes may mean a population of zero individuals.

Note how the reindeer, even though they had more than enough space to accommodate their population, suffered a 99% death rate.

Quite possible--and the problem of overpopulation will  therefore be solved forever.

Lol yes, but I'd much rather it be solved by us as opposed to nature solving it.

I guess we like to think we are in control.

That's the problem Rochelle, too many people "THINK" they are in control, yet they haven't a clue what "control" is, with reference to their life. lol lol lol

Even if we aren't in control of the situation, we aren't even attempting to solve it.

I think there are many things that we are easily capable of doing, but that we often choose to neglect due to misconceived notions.

And, that comes from a lack of knowledge and understanding(wisdom) of life. hmm

2. profile image50

Hi friend Rochelle Frank

It will never be a problem; He who creator them will look after them. By then human would fly and find other abodes in the Universe full of unending resources.

Praise be to the Creator- God Allah YHWH, the Provider and Sustainer of all.

Thanks

Head in the sand there paarsurrey. Not good.

5. K Partin profile image59
      K Partinposted 13 years ago

MAN!

6. earnestshub profile image82
      earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Population is dependant on the birth rate. Current scientific data indicates that population will peak at 8 billion then decrease rapidly. smile

It would be nice if this were true Earnest. I hope it is.

7. Cagsil profile image70

roll

8. profile image0
      LEWJposted 13 years ago

As stated earlier, man's greatest enemy is his own ignorance, followed closely by his ego.

1. profile image50

Hi friend LEWJ

Ignorance and  ego are again negative peculiarities of Devil and Satan.

Thanks

1. profile image0
          LEWJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In my comment, I placed the blame squarely on man himself---placing the burden of human tragedy on a  "devil"  is an elementary and ineffective old crutch that explains exactly nothing.

1. profile image50

And how does putting the blame on man does?

Thanks

1. profile image0

Putting the blame on man explains where it rightly lies, since man is responsible for his actions, whether those actions are governed by ignorance or ego.

9. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years ago

The biggest enemy is oil flavored water; Tastes terrible.

1. profile image0

lol  lol

10. profile image51
      braindrain123posted 13 years ago

i have to another vote for "himself"...

one must compete with himself, set standards for himself and achieve something for himself, that he as one entity in this colossal world would be a being worth of value..

11. Beth100 profile image71
      Beth100posted 13 years ago

I will agree that man is his own worst enemy as he believes he knows best with disregard to the fact that he is but a speck in the overall scheme of things in the universe

12. ryan8247 profile image60
      ryan8247posted 13 years ago

Thats true most of the problems of man are man made.
      Socioeconomic, cultural, and racial. We are all still human beings except for the Asians I Hate the Asians. (see what I mean)

13. sannyasinman profile image60
      sannyasinmanposted 13 years ago

The worst enemy of man is The belief that we are separate from each other.

It never ceases to amaze me how a politician or a general can give an order which he knows will result in the deaths of innocent people, including women and children without flinching, then go home to his family, say he loves his wife and bounce his darling baby girl on his knee. He will protect his own family whilst happily destroying the families of others. 

If and when the day ever comes when we have raised our consciousness enough to know that we are not separate but are all connected, and that when we harm another, we harm ourselves, then the current world problems will simply fall away.

We are all connected, all made of the same "stuff" and even quantum physics is starting to come to this conclusion now.

14. Petra Vlah profile image60
      Petra Vlahposted 13 years ago

Ignorance and Arrogance is just the beginning; add Greed and you have the major ingredients for total disaster

1. profile image0

I think that at a certain time in our future people might lose the ability to reproduce and the problem of overpopulation will be "solved naturally".
        Just as animals in captivity. Our conditions, living  conditions I mean, might deteriorate to that point.

I am  Home Girl, evil immigrant.

15. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

His mother-in-law

1. Ralph Deeds profile image64

There's something to be said for that based on my own experience which I won't go into further, here.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
          Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Robert Heinlein wrote sci-fi. He once postulated a planet where the marriage custom included the human sacrifice of the mother-in-law if she hadn't been used up already.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image64

Ha! Ha! Mothers in law are okay so long as they were left back in the old country or are very rich.

16. optimus grimlock profile image61
      optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

Woman kind, those %^%^&& cant be trusted!!!!lol
      seriously its being closedminded and not focusing on whats good for all mankind.

17. profile image58
      dagnytaggertposted 13 years ago

Ignorant, lazy man possessed by the devil using dirty germ filled hands to type his viewpoints and exert his influence over others at a public omputer.

18. blondepoet profile image66
      blondepoetposted 13 years ago

There are more wars that rage in the battlefield of the human mind than to ever occur on land. smile

1. optimus grimlock profile image61
        optimus grimlockposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great point!

Yes blondepoet I will go along with that.

19. profile image0
      zampanoposted 13 years ago

Wolves are man's best enemys.
      hehehe

A wolf with only venture into man's territory if he or she has no choice and will do so as part of a pack for protection. Wolves are family orientated and will fiercely protect their young. Wolves will only attack a human to either protect themselves or their young or because they are so hungry they have no choice. They need  to eat and don't see starving to death as an option. As enemies wolves rate best in mythology and out and out fiction rather than in reality. Men who think they are wolves are far more dangerous than the real thing.

1. profile image0
          zampanoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was but a litterary quotation.
          "Man is the wolf of man"
          by Ortega y Gasset.
          European stuff... you know...

Fair enough.

20. Cagsil profile image70

There isn't a problem And, for the reason you stated I'm leaving it alone. smile

Suit yourself.

What I don't understand though, is why you'd give up on teaching those who don't know any better, so to speak, when you are convinced it is the solution to the problem.

If ignorance and lack of knowledge and understanding (wisdom) are hampering our collective ability to progress, why not enlighten us so we can move forward and properly address major problems?

Then again, what do I know? hmm

When it becomes two on one in one conversation, it is best to step back from it. The forum thread moves too fast to continue the discussion, if you were already over your head, it stands to reason to back off.

If you had more questions, as to "how" to gain "enlightenment", is to seek out the other sources available. Do not rely on one source for your information, otherwise you'll end completely bias and your beliefs will be too strong to break, even for yourself.

I'm not trying to insult you, because you're doing a fine job of it yourself, but when something is over your head, it is always best to come back to it and not force it.

Just a thought. smile Again, no offense, have a great day. smile

1. alternate poet profile image68

Nobody is over their head I think. The basic ideas are very simple, just that they do not fit into the world outside Cagsil very well. You have some really good ideas in among your stuff, you should not be so afraid of putting them out there for discussion.  I deeply disagree with some of your ideas - yet I can often support your conclusions, but for different reasons.

Hmmm......? lol lol lol lol lol lol

alternate poet may have a number of points here Cagsil. No one has disputed what you have said about money. You on the other hand cannot see other people's points of view very well. mrpopo just makes more sense than you do.

You're too funny. Yet, again open mouth and insert foot. Especially, with regards to what I see? How interesting you have that kind of fore-sight.

One would think you are a mystic or a magician of some sort, maybe even a psychic. lol lol lol

1. alternate poet profile image68

But it is so easy to see what you see -

and this how people see you, like this post - unnecessarily rude, ignorant and confused; the only point you see is your own.

2. alternate poet profile image68

ok, I change my mind, maybe you are over your head.

Whatever.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe he was referring to Cagsil, and not you. At least the reply was directed to him I think.

I say you would be right mrpopo. Sorry alternate poet.

2. Cagsil profile image70

And, of course you would. wink hmm

21. profile image0
      Justine76posted 13 years ago

Im beginning to think man's greatest enemy is hubpages forums?

1. blondepoet profile image66
        blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol Justine you have a great point. smile

Sad but true Justine76 and blondepoet.

22. MadCowWritings profile image60
      MadCowWritingsposted 13 years ago

Man along with gods. Greatest atrocities are committed in the name of religion.

And religion will see to it that we overpopulate this world and burn all possible bridges to salvation. I guess it is what religion does in the end.

We must have our four horsemen standing by. We must have our ragnarok, our armageddon.  We must, in short, someday have our end of the world.

23. profile image59
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

The greatest enemy of man is lack of vision and the lack of willingness to gain that vision!

A great point Logic smile

Logic being logical.

2. profile image59

Thanks BP!
          How's things down under today?

I had a great day, a lazy day.
            Slept in. Subway for lunch.
            Didn't brush the hair til mid afternoon....ooops no haven't done it yet...maybe while cooking dinner...watched a few movies..had a siesta lol.

1. profile image0
              blake4dposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You slept in a subway. Don't you have a place to live BP. Or are you talking about the sandwhich shop?

2. profile image59

Sounds idyllic!
              Wish I had time to do the same! smile

24. JON EWALL profile image59
      JON EWALLposted 13 years ago

HUBBERS

The greatest enemy of man/woman is greed,arrogance,hate,dishonesty and the desire to accumulate money at any cost.

'' Money Is The Root Of All Evil '', I was told when I got married.
      So not wanting to be evil, I gave all my money away to guess who.

1. SpiritLeo profile image65
        SpiritLeoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Its a pity almost all men around the world complain about their loved ones greediness.

I am sure, every woman is more confident and happy when she is financially independent.

Why do men always think we need their money???

Ok, maybe I am different but when I read all these kind of complains I really dont feel good, because I am not in that category...

Wish all a great Week end!!!

1. JON EWALL profile image59
          JON EWALLposted 13 years agoin reply to this

SpiritLeo
          I'm not complaining, no way. Allow me to give you more info .

Behind every successful man , there is a women.
          driving him with a whip.

My wife tells me '' the more you give the more you get  '' got it ?

I say '' it is better to give than to receive ''     get it?

My wife don't think it's funny but I love to kid her.
          The truth is really she has all the money.

When I had money, I would love to buy property and other crazy things that she knew nothing about.
          WE ARE  still together after many moons of a long  happy marriage.

1. SpiritLeo profile image65
            SpiritLeoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I see... smile Probably I misunderstood... Culture differences, as usual!

I am happy to know everything is ok in your family, because it's really a pity when because of money there appear not so pleasant situations.

25. Cagsil profile image70

Hey Jon,

Now you made me feel bad that I did not begin writing before you got married. lol lol

I just recently published a Hub about money and how it is not the root of all evil. lol

Just a thought. wink

26. profile image0
      blake4dposted 13 years ago

SEA MONKEYS!!!

1. profile image0
        blake4dposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And Possibly any living members of the Grateful Dead...or the band Phish!!!

27. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

woman

1. DevLin profile image60
        DevLinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image64

Nice pic. Where did you say you live? Wine, women and song have been the downfall of many a man.

1. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

Hi

babe

please bring red wine

28. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Money

but no enemy for a woman,

if it's his money of course

29. profile image0
      Gracie Sophiaposted 13 years ago

GREED

30. profile image0
      The stallionposted 13 years ago

The greatest enemy of man is man himself! He creates things to destroy the blessings he already has!

31. KFlippin profile image60
      KFlippinposted 13 years ago

Stupidity.....and mostly found profoundly present in men, without a good woman to tell them what to say and do, or to inspire them to think beyond their box.

1. bgamall profile image69
        bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dick Cheney. He  would like us to all go out in WW3 together.

32. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
      VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years ago

The greatest enemy of man is another man. No one else.

33. TruthDebater profile image53
      TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

The mans mind!

34. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Spammers!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)