Should we attack Iran for Assassination Plot?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 52 discussions (118 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 12 years ago

Iran says it's a 'lie'. Hillary calls it a 'dangerous escalation'. Saudis say Iran 'must pay the price.'

What's your opinion?

What, if anything, should the U.S. do?

Since it was the Saudi Ambassador that was targeted, should it be up to the Saudis to respond?

What say you?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

N. F. W.

2. romper20 profile image85
      romper20posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do not think action should be or will be taken. This is just another down on the numerous people targeting the U,S

3. Musarrat Khalid profile image60
      Musarrat Khalidposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i think try to generate some money to support falling & failing economy by working not by occupying oil rich muslim countries with conspiracies & hippocratic  policies.

4. uncorrectedvision profile image60
      uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

An Iranian military element was placed on US soil to carry out a terrorist attack beyond merely assassinating a foreign diplomat on US soil.  This is an overt act of war by Iran.  We should have already bombed all Iranian Revolutionary Guard facilities in Iran and expelled all Iranian nationals from the US.

It is Iran that openly sought war perhaps it is time to show the world what real war looks like, again.  In the cushy comfort of Pax Americana people have forgotten what war is and why it should be avoided at all cost.  Perhaps it is time to visit a little mayhem on the Iranians so they understand why one does not court war.

Iran has sown the wind.  Let them reap the whirlwind.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

The U.S. should stop policing the world. hmm So, no the U.S. shouldn't do anything.

1. profile image0
      Longhunterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Even though the plot was to be carried out on U.S. soil?

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But it didn't actually happen. Let NATO deal with it.

1. profile image0

I agree. I just want to get your opinion.

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No problem. wink

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
              Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If the plot was against an American, ther would be more of an uproar. But we have been "almost ready" to take out Iran since the late 70's.

3. profile image0
    RookerySpoonerposted 12 years ago

I think with wars already costing the tax payer billions and the Western economy in ruins, now is not the time to even be considering another war, that could drag on for generations.

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Hopefully this can be resolved peacefully.

2. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with this.

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I'd need proof that there was really an Iranian plot before I'd say; Yes.  Saudi Arabia should respond with some type of diplomatic action. But, it isn't as if it is America's responsibility to address it with war. That seems a little overkill.

1. profile image0

I fit were determined it was sponsored by Iranian officials, would you agree with a strike of some sort even though the plot was stopped?

Wouldn't be the responsibility of the Saudis to deal with it rather than the U.S.?

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't approve of any American action. Unless you can show me that when our diplomats are targeted abroad the local governments take point. They don't.

5. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

If one notices near every discovered terrorist plot since 9/11 was only made possible with the aid of the FBI. Got no plan, no guns, no uniforms,
    no explosives, no contacts, we got it and we give it to you. The FBI foils its own plots. Same with this one. It's absolutely ludicrous on its face.
    The only question is what is the political motive?

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The political motive? The perpetration of fear so they can continue to ignore our civil rights. How much of their bs would we have put up with 12 years ago? Who wouldn't have cried foul when they trolled all of the phone calls? Who would have actually accepted a strip search at the air port as normal procedure? Who would have voted for  something as offensive as the Patriot Act?

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
        Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nobody!

Only through fear do people tolerate these actions.

1. lovemychris profile image76
          lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nobody....are you kidding me?

Everybody wanted it! At least the Bush-supporters did. It was "Do what the president says...he's keeping us safe"...."Don't question the president in a time of war"....."If you diss the war, you diss the troops".....

The people dissenting were called traitors.

Lawyers, professors and aclu were fighting against it.....but they were dismissed as pointy-headed liberals.

and me....told to leave the county.....un-american....traitor.....troop-hater.....and NOW people don't like it? Hypocrits.

2. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They had this guy detained for months.  They released this story as breaking news the day our Attorney General was given a subpoena to testify before Congress.

He is getting called on the blatant perjury that he committed on earlier Congressional testimony.

Roger Clemens received more news coverage then this story.  Just goes to prove the relationship of the Government and the media?

And!  Yes it was a DHS/FBI created terrorist conspiracy.  They are just so damn corrupt!

"Federal authorities said they foiled the plan because the Iranian American, Mansour Arbabsiar, happened to hire a paid informant for the Drug Enforcement Administration to carry it out. Arbabsiar, 56, was arrested Sept. 29 in New York"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the … _blog.html

6. junko profile image69
    junkoposted 12 years ago

No Longhunter, Not based on hearsay. The Iranian Government can't control the thoughts and action of it's citizens any better than the US can control thoughts and actions of rogue citizens and criminals in America. If American citizens decide to fight in and for other nations, should the US Government be blamed and attacked? We literally can't afford another ground war, nor a small Atomic War. We must be absolutely sure in our next military actions, in my opinion, but that's just me.

1. profile image0

Oh, I agree. I just thought it would make a good forum. I agree with Cagsil that we should let NATO work it out.

I will admit it would be good to see Ahmadinejad squirm some, thinking he's about to get his nuclear plants bombed.

7. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

We are spread too thin and cannot be the police of the world, even though it was on soil.
    Let NATO and the surrounding nations deal with him..

8. junko profile image69
    junkoposted 12 years ago

I believe he squirms now. He knows about the might and the power of the US. He knows about Drones. I believe he could become a danger to America, but also he knows that that could cause Iran to be destroyed. I don't believe we should tease with war a man that is respected by Millions of people, some suicidal.

9. thebigbagblog profile image59
    thebigbagblogposted 12 years ago

The Saudi's need to handle this. As far as it being on our soil, Iran already denied involvement (just like we would if we had a black op go bad). So, all we can do is hold the individual accountable and pressure Iran into assisting us in the arrest and capture of the second individual. They won't do it. But, calling them out in this manner will definitely be a better option than going to war right now. If it comes to war, we would have at least been able to say we reached out to a country that claimed it had no involvement, but chose to support the individual who committed the crime on US soil.

I also agree with Stacie, that we are spread to thin. Also, Like Reality Bytes, I find it too convenient that Holder and team released this info in the midst of the Fast and Furious inquiries.

1. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is perfect!  Another reason to keep Haliburton and other military service industry corporations in business.  The problem will never go away.  A jackpot for the military industrial complex. Israel will be supplemented endlessly because of the Palestinian threat and Saudi Arabia can continue raping us for the oil we refuse to get a consumption handle on. Iraq can sell the oil we protected for them and sell it to the Chinese and Karzai can continue the mob rule he lords over while protecting the opium trade routed through Pakistan who by the way is in cahoots with al Qaeda and the Taliban. The domestic oil producers can continue the shale oil extraction because the price from Saudi oil is artificially inflated to justify the cost and the environmentalists can continue chasing their tails holding no one accountable.

Just one day in the lunacy we call foreign policy.

10. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

Today's news . yesterday its Iran and  Mexican drug cartel . Today its  farfetched fiction . TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER SOLDIER .
    STAND DOWN!

1. profile image0

AAAAH, YES, another day in the life of aware.

Take a toke and pass it on. Sleep will take you soon and we'll all be blessed by your silence. Now . . . take a big toke and inhale, aware. Sweet dreams.

11. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

WE incite  . CIA throws out the idea of flying remote control planes into  the white house. Then the first  dummy that says yeah that's a good idea is marked and set up. And all the sudden it was  their idea. Really!?  WE didn't plant the idea? That's not how i want us to stop possible terror plots . BY  creating them
    I mean please! Who ever was in charge of this fiasco  ordered it and thought it was a good idea needs to be  lead out by the ear. And dismissed .

12. Greek One profile image65
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Based on recent historical precedent, since the plot evidently had the backing of those in Iran, the only appropriate response would be to invade North Korea

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01112/mission_accomplish_1112950c.jpg

1. profile image0
      RookerySpoonerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, Switzerland would be the obvious choice.  I'm sure all those Swiss army knives are weapons of mass destruction.

1. profile image0

You know an army isn't much of an army if it has a wine opener on it's knife.

2. Greek One profile image65
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Isn't Switzerland in Korea?

1. profile image0
          RookerySpoonerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes you're right it is.  I had misunderestimated you.

1. Greek One profile image65
            Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Either way, the are all French

1. profile image0

I thought the Swiss were just Germans in little leather shorts.

13. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

We wield 5115 active nuke weapons . Iran  has none. WE have 110 nuke power plants . Iran has 1 . Fear them!?   Worry about them proliferating!?
    We are the dangerous ones. We need to wield  our fists wisely. This bs isn't the way to do that.

1. profile image0

Careful, aware, don't hurt yourself. Deep breaths. Breath in, breath out.

14. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

This is serious   not  just a forum question. We need not fear any man. WE can cut off our nose and spite our face  100 times over. Iran is afraid . looking down our barrel .They need a nuke weapon . We  made it so.  STAND DOWN SOLDIER

15. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

long ty  i need grounding

1. profile image0

I don't know about grounding but taking your meds might help. Perhaps with some warm milk to help you sleep.

16. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

NO.

1. profile image0

I agree, Evan.

17. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

Long i take back the TY . God forbid someone be passionate about such a  dire issue. And miss me with your condescending assessment in regards to my mental state.  You pokeing at me with a stick . for no other reason than being a arrogant a hole . Your behavior mirrors the problem at hand in this forum question. screw you and your preemptive strike .
    Answer  the question for you  . cus im dieing to poke  at your ideas too
    ray

1. profile image0

My answer would be no, aware. I don't think we should bomb Iran over this plot. I say let NATO or the Saudis handle it. If the plot had taken place and evidence showed Iran's involvement, then that would be a different story.

As for me poking you with a stick, I'll admit the meds comment was a little over the top. There are times when you posts are a little "out there" so I was simply having some fun. No harm intended.

You seemed to have gotten the impression I'm some sorts of a war monger thus the "STAND DOWN SOLDIER" remarks. I don't know where that's coming from. Perhaps you'd care to explain.

18. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 12 years ago

This sounds like a Saudi problem and not something the United States should get involved in. I'm usually not one to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, but this whole thing reeks of conspiracy. Would it really be that improbable that the Saudis would frame this man as someone who was trying to kill their ambassador, and have it look like he was going to carry it out in the United States to get our military involved in a conflict against Iran. The Iranian government has stood in opposition to Saudi and American interests for some time, but the Saudis would much prefer the U.S. military take care of the problem.

1. profile image0

Anything's possible.

I've also gotten tidbits of info about this being known for some time and was just now being let out to draw attention from Holder and 'Fast and Furious.' I haven't had a chance to look into it as I'm at work.

Has anyone got more info on that?

19. Leidy1 profile image54
    Leidy1posted 12 years ago

The US get into everything, let Saudi solve their problems! We have our own war to fight!

20. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

The stand down  is directed to  the idea  with a  itchy trigger  finger .  Not for you personally.  And ty for a very concise answer .I to say no. I think we need to be the best a war . which i guess makes me a war monger. But when wielding  such a powerful fist one that every American is  complicit in throwing .
    i  think we should do it in  a more just ,honest ,and straight forward way . Not sucker punching nations smaller than us  based on a fictitious fear.
      I value your opinion .   and sorry for blowing things out of proportion

1. profile image0

You're right, aware. We shouldn't have gone into Iraq or Libya. The last thing we need, especially now, is to venture into Iran.

We live in a small military town where my wife grew up. I have a few friends that were in the military and she has many more still in as she's 22 years younger than I. Some are in SpecOps. They're tough but seemed spread too thin. The stress is evident. With a nephew hell bent to join the Marines in less than a year, it's a situation I don't like it for his sake.

My apologies for my earlier remarks as well.

"My apologies for my earlier remarks as well."

Until the next time he makes you mad.

Didn't you just today say someone was fighting a battle of wits with an un-armed person...talking about me being stupid?

And didn't you apologize once already for saying the exact same thing?

Next time, just have the guts to say it: You think I'm stupid.

You insult whenever you get mad, and apologize when caught. But you sure don't like being on the other end of it.

Well--neither does anyone else.

1. profile image0

No, LMC, I don't think you're stupid.

I do think you let your emotions, mostly your hatred for Bush and Cheney, possibly me, get to you to the point where you sound completely irrational sometimes. That's not healthy for you.

There are times when you remind me a lot of my ex-wife. I could talk to her in almost a whisper but, because I was disagreeing with her, she said I was yelling at her and would start yelling at me. She now does the same thing to our 21 YO son and he hates it but he can't divorce her like I did. Sadly, he dislikes being around her.

Again, I don't think you're stupid in any way whatsoever. Lets call it passionate.

You're so good at the back-handed compliment....and you don't care about my health...and it's not your concern.

And just what does your hatred of Obama make you look like to me? Oh I know, I know...you don't hate, only I do, right?

Just have a debate without the insults and I'm good. See if you can muster it OK? Being nasty is not good for YOUR health.

Is that condescending enough for you?

1. profile image0

I learned a long time ago, LMC, never to wish ill will against anyone because it'll happen instead to someone I really cared about. To say I don't care about you is a little harsh but I don't know you except from what I've read here. Same for you about me. I don't want anything bad to happen to anyone. Lets just leave it at that.

I don't hate Obama. I just honestly think the man is the worst leader this country has ever had. He may be an American by birth but not in his heart or his head. He doesn't believe in the same things our founding fathers believed. I truly believe the man hates this country as those men created it and he wants to change it into some Socialist utopia, the same of which has failed miserably everywhere it's been tried.

Yes, LMC, I've hated in the past. I have an ex-wife and her present husband was a good friend of mine. Short version of a long story. I hated them both but I realized that hate only effected me, not them, so I worked to stop. They weren't worth my time. I don't hate Obama but I will work to defeat him in 2012. As for you, I don't know if you hate anyone or not but I certainly get that impression, as you do me. I guess we'll both have to work to change that.

As for debating without the insults and being condescending, that goes both ways and I don't think calling Obama the worst president this country has ever had an insult but fact. As for being nasty not being good for my health, it got me through a lot of very bad situations with the afore mentioned ex-wife. Ten years later, she's finally starting to leave me alone.

The thing I find amazing is the same people who were slinging jokes and insults and making movies about assassination at the guy I supported for eight years and expected me to take it are now the same people screaming like little schools girls when I say Obama is a horrible president. Go figure.

You want to debate? Bring it on but don't get upset when I don't agree. Fair enough?

Fine..Don't say I hate Bush, Cheney and you....if you can say the things you do about Obama,and not hate.....so can I say things about Bushco without your accusations.
                Don't make PERSONAL insults...insulting public people is what we do here...but you go personal. And not just on me. And the only reason I said somethng is because you apologize, and then do it again!

You like to play the victim....I notice that about the Righty's...as if they will be rounded up, as if they will be locked up, as if they aren't having their voices heard.

It's just the opposite, and has been for a long time

You all are not getting arrested and treated like dirt.

"O'Reilly has already described Occupy Wall Street protesters as violent America-hating anarchists. Apparently he didn't get his point across, so tonight he called them drug-traffickers and crackheads, too."

There it is again...the stand by of the Right: America-hating. makes me want to punch him in his big fat mouth.

1. profile image0

When I write the things I do about Obama, they're born out fact. There are times when he totally disregards the Constitution and does as he damn well pleases. He's even said he wished he could just bypass Congress all together. Then there's our involvement in Libya where he did just that.

Obama would be great as a dictator someplace else but he's a horrible AMERICAN president as he doesn't BELIEVE in the American Constitution.

Go ahead, insult Bush to your hearts content but don't get mad at me when I do the same with Obama. Liberals think they can rip into Bush and Conservatives are suppose to keep their mouths shut and not say anything bad about The Chosen One. This is a two way street and Liberals need to learn to receive as well as they give.

"And the only reason I said somethng is because you apologize, and then do it again!

Your name wouldn't be Cindy would it? My ex-wife use to sat the same thing to me all the time.

It's just the opposite, and has been for a long time

I don't recall anyone being rounded up. What did I miss?

You all are not getting arrested and treated like dirt.

It's funny that we don't hear about a single arrest at Tea Party events but there's been hundreds at the Occupy protests. What does that tell you, LMC?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image62
                    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's funny that we don't hear about a single arrest at Tea Party events but there's been hundreds at the Occupy protests. What does that tell you, LMC?

What does that tell you Longhunter, given that those who fund the tea party are billionaires. It's not LMC that should think about this, it is you.

2. lovemychris profile image76

Once again....I insult Bush--you say I hate him.
                    You insult Obama, you say you don't hate him!

Why do YOU get that priviledge?

And your ex wife was right. You once said arguing with me was like fighting a battle of wits with an un-armed opponent.

2 seconds later, you decried someone else who insulted you.
                    So, I pointed out your insult to me and told you to look in the mirror.
                    You apoligized for your "cheap shot".

But yesterday you did it again! Said the same thing!
                    Then you told aware to take his meds, and later apologized to him...

So I pointed out that you apologize, but it means nothing. Cause you do the same thing again.

"It's not LMC that should think about this, it is you."

That's right..the tea-party was allowed to be around the president with guns, and threatening signs. No arrests, not even any police presence!
                    Spitting at people, calling Obama a terrorist, screaming "kill him"...allegedly.
                    And they called themselves Patriots, and so did the "liberal" media.

Now, the OWS comes along, and they are drugged-out, hippie-dippy, dirty,lazy Anti-American bums, according TO the media!

The OWS are the REAL patriots, fighting the real enemy. Or they would be left alone to protest, like the TP were.

Where's the TP Queen Palin? Shouldn't she make an appearance?? Oh, I forget: she doesn't show for less than $100,000.

21. Charles James profile image67
    Charles Jamesposted 12 years ago

Given America's history of assassination and attempted assassination, how can the Americans get on their high horse now?

22. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

What page we on love?

23. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"how can the Americans get on their high horse now?" Maybe they are oblivious.

USA  USA  USA..............................SOOOOOO in tune with Heil!

Nationalism does not trump humanity.

24. LucidDreams profile image65
    LucidDreamsposted 12 years ago

Just stay out of it period....for once!!!!!

25. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Seems to me that this would be the perfect time to end that pesky nuclear reactor problem...

1. Alouroua profile image60
      Alourouaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I take it that you'd be among the first to commit themselves to the frontlines?

26. junko profile image69
    junkoposted 12 years ago

Why you think now is the time,paradigmsearch?  End the nuclear reactor then...to what end?

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, you'll have to do a news and news archive search. smile

27. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 12 years ago

Hey, why not? What's one more war to stick our noses in,more or less!

28. junko profile image69
    junkoposted 12 years ago

paradigmsearch, does that mean you can't give me an answer? My bad you may have been thinking out loud on the keyboard. I do that too

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your question indicated to me that you are not even aware of the basic background info. Thus, my departure.

Now, if you had said, "I disagree, I don't think Iran will use a nuclear weapon on the U.S. or Israel.", then maybe we could have had a conversation. smile

29. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

Just in the action of passing this stupid thread when a thought occurred to me.  Not a message from god, as a loony in another thread claims for his thoughts, just a WTF moment.

All the media and comments kinda assume that the US is driving the wars all over the place currently, is kinda making the agenda etc.   But 9/11 can be analysed as a stroke of (maybe eveil) genius on the part of Bin Laden, in its iconic location, impact on American psyche etc etc.  Afghanistan has lured many adventurous nations in and ultimately beaten them.  The countries that mutually suppport the US clearly do not like the US very much leading to strained realtionships based only on force and money.

Maybe the US and its followers are being lured into a huge trap where it is trying to fight on all fronts from Saudi through Iran and Syria, Afghanistan and soon Pakistan.  If Bin Laden has been as clever as I believe he has (for 'his' side) then I think this is not only possible but would include many other creative ways of carrying this war to the home countries of those involved.

Maybe it is time everyone went home and looked after its own front yard ?

1. junko profile image69
      junkoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you may be on to something, recommend. We can cancel this new world order and world economy stuff until we rebuild the United States. We should bring our out post in closer. MADE in America should be our brand again. Now how hard would that be?

Impossible. America was sold out LOOONG ago. And now they want sweet, give-away deals to bring business back??

Screw them!  They should have to live where they have their business, maybe that would help bring jobs back.

30. junko profile image69
    junkoposted 12 years ago

I don't think you can converse nor make good excuses why you can't converse. Because I believe you can't I'll leave it alone.

31. profile image54
    figmantposted 12 years ago

Was it a US Diplomat that was targeted? NO

If the plot was carried out to completion on US soil....Would it make a difference? NO

We have laws to carry out the due process of the accused, for what was actually carried out on US soil. It is a Saudi issue to address the fact that their Diplomat was targeted.

So why is it our problem? Because we're the United States of America

So what do we do? Create another death hole for our military to go into with the explicit direction from our government to do nothing of value but be a target of snipers, roadside bombs and our government tying their hands behind their back.

Nuke them all or stay home. It's not our problem. YET

1. profile image0

figmant, I agree with the exception of if it had been carried out to completion on U.S. soil. It would have made a difference especially if Americans were killed in the process. That being said, I would want hard evidence of who was involved BEFORE retaliating.

At this point, it's up to NATO and the Saudis to sort it out.

32. magodis profile image63
    magodisposted 12 years ago

This will be an US problem when greedy for oil or something grows. When arms should be sold out to NATO nations as an extra income. Unfortunately ordinary american people are accused

33. Moderndayslave profile image60
    Moderndayslaveposted 12 years ago

Each time the Police State noose tightens just a little bit. So keep believing.
    http://www.rense.com/general94/iranj.htm 
    I don't know how Fox let this through
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … siC7dRVpnw

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/10/13 … ieve-iran/

I notice Napolitano doesn't include 9/11 as a gvt plot.

But the Iran thing is......funny how all of a sudden the gvt plots. ahahaha

9/11 is the key to it all....

When he acknowledges that, I'll take him seriously.

1. Moderndayslave profile image60
        Moderndayslaveposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Baby steps, the Fox patriots can't handle too much truth all at once.

Oh, I think they KNOW the truth...they're just selling one version of it.

Like that old Jefferson Airplane song: "Conspicuous in its Absence"

The left-out truth is just as much a lie as telling a lie. Makes them look...well.....complicit!

Oh NO.....did I say that??? Complicit and Guilty. Serving the Beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SboRijhWFDU

34. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

Once again:

NO.

How would we pay for it?

How do we know that the Iranian government is actually guilty of the crime?

Are we really willing to go to war over faulty intelligence again?

No.

35. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

Two profiles .I read them .To  gauge  which  opinion ill value  most. One i chose to follow . The other   i didn't.
    A  pock shot?  A snide remark? ... yeah that what it is. and no apology  will  be forthcoming  me.

36. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

I think its a port a potty  issue . Tea party rally's probably have plenty of places to pee. Which they pay for. Occupy Wall street protesters . pee in the bushes . Woodstock  at the end of the concert was a sht hole.
      Just a   thought. a silly one for sure . lol

37. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

Took me a  minute to get the  N.F.W .
    lol

38. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

Oh my. 
    Love  .
    im cool with long .  heated debate  requires  apology and reconciliation . In order to move forward .  And on a more direct  note . Your profile  summery  .  Offends me .. meaning i dont like the words. Please refrain from using me as a example to further your point . one which by the way , i dont share.

Next time longhunter tells you to "take your meds"-again- I will say I told you so.

39. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 12 years ago

I'm sick of this.

We used weapons of mass destruction to attack Iraq, and our lame ass president and congress lied to us. What makes them think that we will not see this as yet another excuse for them to attack another oil producing nation? What do they expect to gain from all this war mongering? It has NOT worked anywhere that we have been, so why would we bother? Especially when we are killing leaders of the taliban, without care of what the people who support them might think? How much more political brainwashing do we need to endure?

And, now we are sending troops to Africa. So called "Helping" the "liberators" in Lybia. While our government passes bills to further screw the American people at home. The attempts in the works by the idiots running for office are only starting to show us how many more of our rights they want to strip away, while they turn around a suck on the nipples of the rich, to get their milk money.

I also think it's very scary that the people who run the United States, think they can tell any other country what to do, no matter where they are. The list of countries we have pushed our thumbs on in the last 20 years is staggering. We can't even straighten out our own mess, yet we act like we are the be all and end all country in the world, while the rest of the world watches as suck at everything we do, and laughs at us.

Enough is enough.

40. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

Sick isn't a solution . a achievable  idea on how to stop warfare for good. once and for all. America did not invent warfare . Nor will it stop  just because we  do .

1. brimancandy profile image78
      brimancandyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No America didn't event warfare, but they have spent years trying to perfect it, and have found ways to blow entire nations off the face of the earth. Thankfully there hasn't been anyone stupid enough to try, even though we have come close a couple times.

41. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

Candy  ? Do you have a achievable idea on how to end warfare for good?
    Once and for all?
    Those are the answers im pondering .

42. LucidDreams profile image65

We need to stay out of it for once. Let them deal with their problems. It may have been an attempt on our soil but we dont even have all the facts. We cannot afford to keep screwing around with other countries.

Save face and just leave it be!!!! We have things we need to take care of here at home.

43. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

"OCW, “Occupy Wall Street” has proven quite clearly to all who care to note that our police are no longer ours, are no longer police at all.  They are little better than the senators and congressmen, the mayors and assemblymen, the judges, the filth we have let rule our lives.

I had one friend, a retired police detective, move to Venezuela because he spoke out against the CIA running drugs.  He was poisoned there.

If we have to tear this country in half to save it, so be it.

It is time for regime change, the one we voted for, the one we fought for.  Those hitting the streets know the enemy, no doubt about it anymore.  The enemy is here and America is the battleground.  The war Americans fear, class war, civil war, has been going on for years.

We just didn’t know.

We awaken as slaves if we awaken at all."
    --Gordon Duff...Veterans Today.

44. LucidDreams profile image65

If the Saudi's say Iran must pay the price, then it is up to them to enforce and back up their words. Since America is such a gas guzzling society....maybe they should throw a few barrels of oil our way to sweeten the pot.

Just kidding about the oil.....we need to stay out of all this and just fix our problems. I am sick of watching the US try and police the world when we cant even take care of our own anymore.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image62
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If this report is accurate, things aren't looking too positive on this front.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/us-begins-h … -iran.html

2. profile image0

I agree, LD, the U.S. does need to stay out of this one.

Sometimes I think we just need to withdraw to our own borders and let the rest of the world kill each other. In some cases, dealing with the Middle East is the same as dealing with 12th century barbarians anyway. Nothing is going to change until they want it to and maybe it's time for the U.S. to just step back and say, "Okay, kids, go for it. Kill of each other and get it over with."

I will say I think it's funny how some people on here started attacking me because I was the one that started the forum but I think we should stay out of it. The last thing we need it yet another war.

45. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
    Rajab Nsubugaposted 12 years ago

Who attacked USA when it used atomic bombs in Hiroshima and Nangasaki?

1. profile image0

Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941

46. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 12 years ago

An "Occupy Nashville" protester said, "We are tired of big business buying our government; we're tired of politicians being bought by the corporations who put their interests above ours, the working people."

Copied from: http://www.wkrn.com/story/15705861/occu … all-street

Hmmm, I'm tired some people blaming all their problems and woes on other people and not taking responsibility for their own screw ups and failures in life. These same people think the government should take care of their every little want and need.

I, personally, would love for our elected politicians to realize they work for us, not the other way around, and when they don't, we fire their sorry butts. No retirement. No health care. No nothing but a warm, fussy feeling they served their country. The bought-and-paid-for politicians are from BOTH sides of the aisle.

Now, lets review the Mission Statement for the Tea Party, shall we?

Tea Party Mission Statement
    The impetus for the Tea Party movement is excessive government spending and taxation. Our mission is to attract, educate, organize, and mobilize our fellow citizens to secure public policy consistent with our three core values of Fiscal Responsibility, Constitutionally Limited Government and Free Markets.

Copied from: http://www.teapartypatriots.org/Mission.aspx

Hey, all you Liberals, did you read that?!?!?

The Tea Party believes in:

1. Fiscal Responsibility
    2. Constitutionally Limited Government
    3. Free Markets.

Are they against Obama?

Since he doesn't believe in fiscal responsibility, constitutionally limited government and free markets, I believe it's safe to say they ARE against Obama. Since he's a wealth-redistribution Socialist, I can understand why they would be.

I've never been a member of the Tea Party or even been to one of their meetings but, honestly, they make a lot of sense.

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
      Rajab Nsubugaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Would I carry a coffee mug to their party?

47. Shil1978 profile image88
    Shil1978posted 12 years ago

No - absolutely not - neither would they attack Iran on this issue. If ever there is an issue on which an attack may be considered, it would be at an imminent danger of Iran going nuclear.

The Saudis and Iranians are well known foes, competing for regional supremacy. It is best to have them both deal with the fallout. The criminal angle should be investigated and prosecuted in the U.S., nothing more!

"A former CIA operative and chief of the Bin Laden unit, Michael Scheuer, believes that the only people that would benefit from the alleged Iranian terror plot to target the Saudi ambassador to the U.S. are the Israelis and the Saudis."

What? On Fox "News".....the world IS turning over!!!

watch the video....

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/10/17 … lot-video/

48. Ralph Deeds profile image66
    Ralph Deedsposted 12 years ago

It's not clear to me how to distinguish between assassination attempts by Iran and CIA inspired assassinations in other countries. If I'm not mistaken the US inspired the coup against the Mossadeg government in Iran and restored the Shah. I don't recall whether Mossadeg was assassinated or merely deposed.

This is not the first such incident in Washington. In the 1980s Chile's CIA-installed dictator, General Ernesto Pinochet, caused Chilean dissident, Orlando Letelier and his secretary to be killed with a car bomb near Dupont Circle in Washington.

49. lovemychris profile image76

Maybe they're double-triple agents!!

"yeah see....get them to think we think it's the Triple Threat again(the REAL axis of Evil--SaudAmerIsrael), make them think we think it, so they won't believe it!"

...see what i mean? Reverse psy-op-ology!

gotta get up prettty early to mess with these guys. wink

50. lovemychris profile image76

WOW! I can't belive that was on Fox....."Congress is owned by Israel"..."the Israeli's are always pushing us to have our kids fight and die for their interests"....did I die and go to heaven? What is going on here?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)