Marry the one you love or the one who loves you?

Jump to Last Post 101-150 of 287 discussions (309 posts)
  1. felicitylovespari profile image38
    felicitylovespariposted 7 years ago

I would marry the one who love me than the person who  I love. You can learn to love a person who love you and  learn to forget the person who doesn't deserve your love

2. animal-backpacks profile image59
    animal-backpacksposted 7 years ago

This is a difficult question that many face during their lives and it's not easy to answer as everyone's personal circumstances are different. I believe that for a relationship to work out, the feeling really needs to be mutual.

Marrying someone you love who doesn’t love you in return would prove a difficult life to live with. You would always need to make the greater effort during the hard times to save the relationship while the other party wouldn't. On the other hand I could not bear being in an intimate relationship with someone I didn't love.

So, personally, I would opt to be miserably in love than be miserable in the arms of someone I don’t.

3. BreakingUp profile image58
    BreakingUpposted 7 years ago

The question is quite biased. The first option is someone you love but does not love you AS MUCH, which means that the person also loves you but not just as much as you do while the second option is someone you DON'T LOVE but who is very much in love with you.

So in case case I would go for the first one because there is mutual love between the two of us, albeit not equally.

4. AgesMGMT profile image52
    AgesMGMTposted 7 years ago

yeah I would stay single, but seeing how that isn't an option for an answer I would say I would marry somebody who loves me over the other option.  Seems smarter.  I feel like if somebody loved me and I liked them, my like could easily grow to love.

5. Greenhousewife profile image85
    Greenhousewifeposted 7 years ago

I would not want to be in a loveless marriage. If I didn't love someone then I wouldn't marry them, and if they didn't love me why would I subject myself to such a heartbreaking, soul-shaking existence?

That being said, I did just get married in May to a man I have been with for almost 7 years. If there wasn't love between us we wouldn't have gotten married. Marriage is no place for a mutual "like-fest."

6. profile image46
    funnybunnygirlposted 7 years ago

love someone who loves you more than you lovethem

7. sonia05 profile image62
    sonia05posted 7 years ago

One sided love will never bear fruits but only lead to heart aches. Love without reciprocity is useless. Its best to wait and watch rather than hurrying into one sided love and marriage.

8. cephla profile image59
    cephlaposted 7 years ago

Marriage and love have evolved into two different concepts altogether. One is a feeling, an emotion that one can almost touch but never quite get there.

The other has its roots firmly planted in the will of society, and its denizens, to ensure that individuals are monogamous.

I would rather shoot myself than marry someone I don't love. The former is so much more pleasant, and it doesn't even last too long.

9. Frank Shields profile image56
    Frank Shieldsposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4312848_f260.jpg

The man that find a wife, find a good thing, not the woman find the man. many time we hear that lady have found a good man but that is not good for a lady to find man because she might find the wrong man for her. When a man find his queen he find himself, because when he find himself then he will be in love forever. If a person love himself then he will love you because he love himself.

10. lalalaura profile image56
    lalalauraposted 7 years ago

I always heard that you should marry someone who loves you more than you love them because you know you will always be treated right and will never be unhappy. I don't think someone can love you without you loving them a little bit in return, so to say that you don't love someone but they love you is a lie. Obviously you let them get close enough to you to fall in love with you.

11. profile image47
    hala <3posted 7 years ago

i cant marry anyone if there is no luv from both of us

12. bekahbeast profile image54
    bekahbeastposted 7 years ago

Marry the one who makes you happy (: if you love someone and feel as they dont love you as much as you love them... then be careful! their feelings can change. and u know what they say- marriage is the leading cause of divorce!

13. Xinox Leugim profile image60
    Xinox Leugimposted 7 years ago

I always had a conviction that I wouldn't relate to anyone had I not a "feel" for him. I don't think an intimate relationship without love will truly thrive. Many marriages disintegrate even those  with so much love at the beginning, how much more of that kind in which the foundation of love is so little or nothing at all. Among a variety of reasons, sometimes a person is compelled to do this out of practicality. Lucky are those whose relationship became genuinely fullfilling; but for those who didn't, life for them will be an eternal misery, lest would want to untangle out of this at the very little chance they  have. At the onset, attraction is so essential in a loving relationship, the intuition of feeling love must be there already that through time will be enriched by the degree of your personal intimacy. During tough times when the loving feeling is compromised by so-called incompatibilities, commitment and faith in the relationship will save it.

14. amramoor profile image59
    amramoorposted 7 years ago

Both or nothing
    if i wanna to marry
    i will marry the one who love me and i love him
    http://www.4-starz.com/vb/

15. pelt545 profile image38
    pelt545posted 7 years ago

I would not marry any of them. I would either wait for the right and fair person or stay single.

If I choose to be with someone who rejects me, then I am making her miserable. If I have to be with someone I want to reject, then I would be unhappy. Either way, I or she would not happy with each other.   

Marriage is an equal commitment between two people. I must be sure, confident, and loving to her and the other way around. Otherwise, the relationship is not going to work.

16. anupma profile image76
    anupmaposted 7 years ago

Always marry the one who loves u, because he can understand u more. If you will go behind your love, there is possibility that he cannot understand you and your feelings. Might be he/she can't respect u and always make u realise that he married with u just because of your sake. So always select the latter one.

17. profile image53
    pozycjonowanieposted 7 years ago

better when she and he loves together
    other path is not good... for both

18. profile image46
    saicomputerposted 7 years ago

I think we marry the person who loves you, Because of she or he loves you and do everything for your happiness and you live with him/her always happily.

19. randomizing profile image83
    randomizingposted 7 years ago

Well.. this is a very difficult question,... but the one you love might not love you back as you wished... whilst you are sure that one surely loves you for who you are... this is a very difficult choice...

I think that if I had to choose i would definitely wait a little more for a person who I love incredibly and that has the same feelings for me.

20. Abdul Muqeet Khan profile image46
    Abdul Muqeet Khanposted 7 years ago

il marry the latter since i belive love is nothing but the harmonal change that wouldnt kill u if u dont get it kinda cold hearted but true

21. profile image49
    odetaj53posted 7 years ago

you shouldn't marry a person you dont love  or the one who dosint love you  its just gonna turn out bad sad just stay single and enjoin your life wink

22. syednaeemul profile image71
    syednaeemulposted 7 years ago

If I had to pick between the two, marry the one who loves you. That person would be very useful wink

23. dredcuan profile image89
    dredcuanposted 7 years ago

Not really sure what I will choose because either choice may have the high of possibility to cause future problem between my partner.  I must choose something where I can stand with my decision no matter what happen.

24. perfumenpromises profile image58
    perfumenpromisesposted 7 years ago

i totally agree with cybersister.. love is a two way street. i don't think i could love someone who had no feelings back for me. part of love is knowing how much you both matter to each other.

25. punidhavelu profile image60
    punidhaveluposted 7 years ago

I am across the question.  In India.  All marriages are arranged marriages  only.  Only few couples lives and leads an understandig life.  Others do  justice for that marriage  by sacrificing a  lot.  It applies for man and woman. 

punidhavelu
    India

26. remeshsv profile image57
    remeshsvposted 7 years ago

If you marry somebody who loves you, then you are assured of a happy life. At the same time how can you not fall in love with somebody who loves you.

27. profile image52
    kasavposted 7 years ago

i thing i'll marry with that type of person who love me bescouse only he will make happy.

28. profile image51
    chgocubsgirlposted 7 years ago

Marry the one YOU love. Marrying someone who loves you will never fulfill your needs, no matter how much they love you. What the soul seeks is its soulmate, it's perfect match, not meer companionship. Plus, after a while, their antics that they do to try and make you love them will become overbearing. Do you really want to be the trophy wife/husband? The relationship will be more of a fatal attraction type of relationship. And who wants love like that???

Marry the one YOU love, that makes YOU happy, and that YOU want to share your life with. Life is too short to waste on someone that YOU don't love!

29. Stella Faleskes profile image59
    Stella Faleskesposted 7 years ago

I think love should be from both sides , otherwise u cant  avoid fights or even divorce! ( I had this problem in my family)

30. kamimi profile image60
    kamimiposted 7 years ago

I want it to be someone that shares mutual feelings. If I never find that person, then maybe God has other plans for me.

31. dozybest profile image52
    dozybestposted 7 years ago

you are in better position to marry the person you love; instead of marrying the person you don't love. at this point you make her understand the gravity of love you have for her because it is you that is in position to ask for her love.

32. Karen N profile image59
    Karen Nposted 7 years ago

It should be mutual, otherwise the relationship won't last.

33. mickaa2001 profile image58
    mickaa2001posted 7 years ago

Marry the one who loves you. You can grow to love a person. If he loves you truly then all that he does and how he treats you will make you  love him more and more. But if you marry a man who doesnt love you as much as you love him it wont work. he will cheat or just leave you.

women are emotional creatures so love fuels the soul bringing the best us. Men are not so you will never get him to love you more

34. profile image44
    juanbizteldirectposted 7 years ago

marry the one who loves you because the longer it takes your relationship you will develop a feeling that will last long or maybe a lifetime and if there is a challenges that be face, she will help you and guide you and never leave you.

35. profile image48
    LVbag0106posted 7 years ago

I will marry the person i love but does not love me as much, I like him as long as you can, because no matter how kind you can wear a beautiful wedding is the wedding?so you can visit http://www.dressmine.com/

36. tyler_richmond profile image53
    tyler_richmondposted 7 years ago

Really it all depends on your personally because it would be pointless to marry the one who loves you if you can't stand them. But I would say marry the one you love because it's your choice and your life, but that's just personal opinions

37. gustaw1981 profile image57
    gustaw1981posted 7 years ago

I concur to cibersister. Marriage without love or marriage with one-sided love means trouble.

38. profile image0
    nuvanposted 7 years ago

The one who loves you understands you more better than the one whom you love.
    The first person would understand your family,your feelings even in worst conditions.
    however the latter would just ask you to understand him.

39. raselhanifa profile image52
    raselhanifaposted 7 years ago

It should be love, otherwise the relationship can't possible to ................

40. cheerfulnuts profile image59
    cheerfulnutsposted 7 years ago

Can I answer this with "I don't know"? LOL.
    Honestly, I'd RATHER marry the latter. Most women want to be loved and cherished. But I think it's not fair to the person who loves me. Everyone deserves to love and be loved in return. If someone loves me, I will not do anything that would cause him so much pain. So I won't be selfish and I will let him go.
    On the other hand, I won't marry someone who doesn't love me. It's not fair to me, too! There's no point in entering into a relationship that would cause me heartbreaks. There are still plenty of other men out there, and I believe that there must be someone whom I'll love and love me in return.

41. ninacrimaldi profile image56
    ninacrimaldiposted 7 years ago

hopefully your lucky enough too love someone who loves you back

42. profile image54
    tezgahposted 7 years ago

You should marry the one you love.  Life is long.

43. registerdomains profile image63
    registerdomainsposted 7 years ago

I must say that this is a very very good question.

Perennial question. I suggest you to listen to your heart...

44. DexisView profile image72
    DexisViewposted 7 years ago

People marry for many reasons other than love.  Many people walk down the aisle knowing that they are not in love with the person at the other end.  I think this is said.  If your intention is to change someone or hope that you can make them love you, you may be in for a life of disappointment.
    Marry the person who you love and without a doubt loves you back.  Otherwise, stay single or get a roommate for companionship.

45. Gypsy48 profile image74
    Gypsy48posted 7 years ago

Neither, it has to be mutual or don't bother getting married.

46. whitton profile image56
    whittonposted 7 years ago

I would have to say marry the one who loves you. I feel that you would find yourself less heartbroken. Also I would say it may be better to just not marry at all if you do not love the person or if the person does not love you.

47. eapratte profile image75
    eapratteposted 7 years ago

Neither. Why marry if it essentially comes down to an ultimatum? It's not necessary in most places now-a-days to get married, so why do it if you're in a situation like this?

48. healthyaddictions profile image59
    healthyaddictionsposted 7 years ago

With all due respect, to me this question is almost pointless. You should never have to choose a partner who either doesnt reciprocate your love entirely nor should you choose someone whose love you don't reciprocate entirely. I guess in a situation where marriage is out of the question then the amount of love being shared probably wouldn't matter much. But in a holy union where two people decide to spend the rest of their lives together the love they share should be shared equally & wholly between them. And although love should be the primary factor in marriage, there's also other things to consider. Does your partner not only return your love but do they respect you, are they committed to you, are they loyal, do they make you happy.. Marriage should be about balance in every aspect of each persons life. If one person gives more love, puts in more effort than the other, then there really is no union in that.

49. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 7 years ago

Well, I'm gonna have to kinda dodge the question, and although I LOVE the man's music, disagree with Stephen Stills.

I say, if they are not one in the same, there's a problem.  Fix the problem. 

If the problem cannot be fixed, then any relationship will be temporary, unhappy, or both.

If the problem cannot be fixed - if they are not the same person - NIX any marriage plans!

50. bloggingguide profile image56
    bloggingguideposted 7 years ago

I would go for mutual in fact. But to answer your question, I will only marry with the one I love.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)