Marry the one you love or the one who loves you?

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 287 discussions (309 posts)
  1. luvs2write profile image60
    luvs2writeposted 7 years ago

I don't think it's that simple to be honest. There has to be some sort of strong feelings on both ends. I think there's always an imbalance, like one person has stronger feelings than the other, but you shouldn't get married with zero feelings for the person, especially if they are in love with you and they think you feel the same way. Always be honest about your feelings and the rest will fall into place for the best.

2. ihatequotes profile image60
    ihatequotesposted 7 years ago

I prefer.............. The one who loves me smile

3. R. Anderson profile image85
    R. Andersonposted 7 years ago

I'd say both if you can find the right one.

4. clintonb profile image61
    clintonbposted 7 years ago

You getting loved by some one shows how much u loved them to make them feel love on you. Its a mutual process, But head over heals situation may happen due to different reasons. My choice depends on the situation they approach me with.

5. indravadan profile image61
    indravadanposted 7 years ago

I would marry someone with whome I feel comfortable and yes I feel best.

1. Prakash RnP profile image59
      Prakash RnPposted 5 years agoin reply to this

But what for? What meaningful thing do you expect to derive from marriage that happens to be a silly, useless, and senseless luxury?

6. profile image48
    oo78posted 7 years ago

me love that is the khusboo kumari
    at the my  hart it the khushboo

7. OneFineG467 profile image61
    OneFineG467posted 7 years ago

U can marry if the one u love agrees or u can if u agree with the one who loves u...what else?

8. shana yasmin profile image61
    shana yasminposted 7 years ago

my opinion is that,you should marry one who loves you and try to love that person.

9. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

I would marry the one who is head over heels on me. I can adjust and love that person that is over heels on me.

10. titobay profile image69
    titobayposted 7 years ago

A bit of both. When you need a shoulder to lean on, the one who loves you will show emotion and compassion. when the relationship is its midlife crises, your love will see you through.

11. vgroom82 profile image61
    vgroom82posted 7 years ago

I would marry someone I don't love but is head over heals for me b/c if he loves you, then I'm sure you could fall in love with him in a matter of time spent together.

12. profile image52
    lilbabycatapillaposted 7 years ago

I feel that in many relationships, it is best when the man is more in love than the woman. Both should be passionate about the relationship and have a high level of respect, admiration, and adoration for each other. But in most cases, I feel that the best harmony is from when the man is truly head over heels. Of course there are exceptions, and not everyone has the typical heterosexual relationship, but I think this is a good foundation in many cases.

13. tilinaoita profile image60
    tilinaoitaposted 7 years ago

Definitely the one I love. If the one who loves me is one ugly guy, would you marry him ? I mean ...that would be the face I would see every morning for the rest of my life....so I think it is important

14. profile image0
    slobertsposted 7 years ago

Marry your best friend.  The underlying friendship, respect and trust will grow the foundation of the marriage, and increase the chance for a lasting and successful marriage.

15. nabeelplus profile image58
    nabeelplusposted 7 years ago

well its a very nice question and i would rather prefer to go with the one who loves me, because everyone loves to be loved smile

1. Omer123 profile image61
      Omer123posted 3 years agoin reply to this

hahhah seem selfish

16. profile image0
    dixie28714posted 7 years ago

if those are the choices, do not marry them.
    Marriage has to be a 2 way street or it will not work.
    Balance has to be a factor,  power struggles never work, and love needs an understanding. True love will never go away after years and years, it will stay the same and the true person you wants to be with you will make it known and will wait for you with little to no effort on your part.. Good Luck!!

17. bonjovigirl2011 profile image59
    bonjovigirl2011posted 7 years ago

i think people should marry the one they love and the one loves them. but no matter how high your love is. You still need to communitcate with each other on a daily bases. Also steal kisses and huges now and then.

18. basaran profile image60
    basaranposted 7 years ago

for me my love one  is my family because he/she my family but my life how she love me true

19. Mansi2512 profile image63
    Mansi2512posted 7 years ago

I feel you should marry the one who loves you..cos he will always love you..but when you love somebody there is no guarantee. The other one will always make sure that you are happy and will never want to hurt you!

20. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 7 years ago

It would be hard to live with someone who you know don't love you but on the other hand I could not bear making love or even kissing someone I don't love.

Here's the deal, how about marrying someone you love that also loves you?

1. profile image50
      ffanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

hahaha.. then that will be an easy topic cardisa dear. nonetheless it would have been the best.

21. sibtehassanraja profile image37
    sibtehassanrajaposted 7 years ago

I will marry the girl who will be in love with me. Because I believe she will keep me happy. And I will give her importance so she will feel special. I will respect her and I will take care of her because she is in love with me.

22. thaivalentine profile image59
    thaivalentineposted 7 years ago

Love should not be a one way street, it only works if both people love each other and work at the relationship

23. profile image49
    fabi81ukposted 7 years ago

i would rather marry someone that is head over heals with me.

24. AlliBoBalli profile image61
    AlliBoBalliposted 7 years ago

If you're lucky like me, you get to have both smile  If it were any other way I wouldn't get married at all.

1. profile image51
      Undauntedposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's usually the case with most when they get married.  The problem is, the magic disappears with time.  Then what do you do?  If we would just continue to learn to love the person we have chosen, then there'd be less people who'd want to divorce.

25. mkrandhawa profile image59
    mkrandhawaposted 7 years ago

Marry the one who loves you and the one you love.

26. fit2day profile image72
    fit2dayposted 7 years ago

I would rather marry someone I don't love as much, but is head over heels about me. The one who doesn't love me as much would make me feel like every effort I put into the marriage is in vain.
    I guess it would be tough either way, but the one I don't love as much would probably show me something that I could build the long-term commitment off of. Now if I didn't love that person at all the case would be different, because there'd be no chance for growth in the marriage.

27. Scottifer profile image61
    Scottiferposted 7 years ago

I'd say marry the person you love and they don't love you as much. Because that "as much" is better than nothing. Im sure that if you didn't love the other person who is head over heels in love with you, there was a reason. Probably too obsessive...

28. Stone Gifts profile image61
    Stone Giftsposted 7 years ago

As for me, I'd prefer the first option:)
    But ideally people should love each other.

29. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

THis sounds like a lose lose situation. There is no winning here because balance does nOT exist!

Vonda G. NElson

1. Omer123 profile image61
      Omer123posted 3 years agoin reply to this

balance can exist .. to be single ;-)

30. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image37
    DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 7 years ago

you may not know you love that person until 20 years has gone by and you are still together and survived the ups and downs already. Infatuation is most often confused with love. In the grand picture, all of life is "love" in various forms, so it is all good regardless of your choice. friendship as a primary foundation does make a lasting marriage, if that is what you seek.

31. njsdms profile image60
    njsdmsposted 7 years ago

You are talking about marriage, the fact is, if you do not marry for love, you will never be happy and there is a very good chance you will end up divorced !

Not a good idea .

32. Kiwiwi profile image37
    Kiwiwiposted 7 years ago

Find the one whom you love, and who loves you back the way you love him/her.That is the key for happiness and true love smile

33. jLou03 profile image57
    jLou03posted 7 years ago

i wont marry either of them. I'd rather wait for someone who loves me as much as I have loved him.

34. LouMacabasco profile image61
    LouMacabascoposted 7 years ago

Given a choice, I wouldn't marry.  I believe marriage won't last if the feeling isn't mutual.  smile

35. 2cute4yu profile image59
    2cute4yuposted 7 years ago

marry someone who loves you for you and you love him for him,
    and every things should work out

36. HERBCYCLOPEDIA profile image60
    HERBCYCLOPEDIAposted 7 years ago

Both, it's really simple, if you marry the one who loves you it will not be fair, and it will be a disaster. The same goes for the other case.

You should marry the one who loves you and who you also love.

37. Julie Cole profile image61
    Julie Coleposted 7 years ago

Love is a beautiful thing we all have the capacity to give.  I would say the description of being "head over heels" is not really love.  It is merely infatuation, which fades over time.  IMO love is not a feeling, it is more of idea of where you put someone ahead of yourself in every facit of life.  Marriage between two people is beautiful and lasting when they put each other first.  Loving your spouse isn't always easy, but it is always right.  Everyone feels fulfilled in life when they put other ahead of them.

I wouldn't marry either person.  I would see if ther person's understanding of love is the same is mine.  If it is, marriage is the best relationship.  I can say this because I've been married now for over 10 years.  It's not always easy, but it is the most fulfilling thing on this earth!

38. crazymom3 profile image80
    crazymom3posted 7 years ago

I married the one who loved me, but I was not IN LOVE with him and even though I was committed to the relationship, without the love it wasn't strong enough to survive the many trials and so it failed.  Without the love there is no enduring to the end.  I later married someone I was deeply, madly, in love-with, but ended-up feeling that he didn't love me the same.  The trials came, the many sorrows and so over time that crazy-amazing love went cold.  Now it is just a memory of the past.  It is a sad thing to remember that once that love was so strong I couldn't sleep or eat without him.  It's like mourning the death of a friend.   I find myself thinking it may have been better to marry my BEST FRIEND who's friendship was lost when I got married.  Someone you know so well, that you know without a doubt they would never disrespect you or hurt you.   So the ANSWER is, if they love you and you don't love them.  You won't love them enough to bare the trials.  If you love them and they don't love you--eventually you will fall out-of-love--cause they won't love you enough to treat you right.   The best thing would be if you both love each other the SAME.

39. Freegoldman profile image39
    Freegoldmanposted 7 years ago

Supposed to be and if your mind is the one who is going to make the choice you'll choose the one who loves you but then again would you be able to be with someone you don't love?If your answer is no, then you choose to suffer than be apart with the one you love.

I think love works both ways, and that you should love each other. Because it's not fair on both sides if one loves a person, but the other doesn't hmm For a marraige to work you both need to be in love smile
    My mom always told me to marry the one that loves you and you will learn to love him back. I don't know how good that advice is though because what if you can;t stomach to look at him lol.

40. Elena Lee profile image58
    Elena Leeposted 7 years ago

I would like to marry the one who loves me. That would be much happier.

41. profile image48
    amaanshargilposted 7 years ago

love  is like a war east to start hard to end inpossible 2 forget so don't love any one

42. shailesh549 profile image59
    shailesh549posted 7 years ago

I would marry a person whom I love, I need to have some kind of feeling for the person who loves me, If I have always treated the person I like as a friend and never had any feelings about her, it would be difficult for me to accept her and love her.  If I love a person I would accept her and with my efforts and love make her love me one day, as my love will be from inside and real.  If I marry a girl who loves me, it will be a compromise from my side and won't be from inside, that's how I see it.

43. Dawn the Chip profile image56
    Dawn the Chipposted 7 years ago

That is difficult..... A marriage should be equal in all ways. so I would have to say, with the options you have given, I would stay single, no question about it!

44. An Aberrant Taste profile image73
    An Aberrant Tasteposted 7 years ago

You can't marry someone that doesn't love you back, nor someone that you don't love. It is not marriage then. I know there are complicated situations, but for every complicated mess, there's a complicated answer. You just have to find the right way. No one should ever be stuck in a marriage they don't want to truly be involved in. You'll feel trapped and will only cause fights, adultery, and even causes the worst to come out of people. You have to LOVE the person before you marry them. Why would you even commit to someone that doesn't love you or vise versa? Both parties deserve the best out of the situation, and if that means not being together, then so be it. You'll find someone you love and loves you back eventually, as the same goes for the other person.

45. funmontrealgirl profile image63
    funmontrealgirlposted 7 years ago

The one you love is the first thing I think. But of course they have to love you too or I guess u will be down this road again, right? Should be both ways. You want them to love you. And for sure you need to be able to love them  as well.

46. profile image50
    rerrellburgessposted 7 years ago

I will marry  with the girl those who love me.I want a perfect love life so i'm do this.
    http://stopsnoringinsights.com

47. Lisa4 profile image59
    Lisa4posted 7 years ago

If I only had these choices in life... well I would have to say that I would live alone forever!
    I would have to wait for the rght moment and he would have to Love me as much as I love Him or it would have never have happened! I glad it did!

48. Kate H profile image91
    Kate Hposted 7 years ago

Well many people have said the same thing I'm about to say but here I go anyway:  I would not choose either one.  If I absolutely had to I would go with the one who loves me more but like others have said, the best relationships consist of mutual love and respect.  I found the man I'm going to marry and at one time he was more interested in me then I was in him but that was only because I had judged him to be a certain kind of man I was not interested in and he turned out to be the opposite once I got to know him as a friend.

49. selfdefenselesson profile image60
    selfdefenselessonposted 7 years ago

None.

Neither is a good option and is almost certainly fated to end in disaster.

50. Sunny2o0o profile image71
    Sunny2o0oposted 7 years ago

Either way it's a terrible situation.  In the former, when you love someone but the other person does not love you in return, you're always going to be left wanting more and feeling both deeply unsatisfied and unhappy with what you've been given.  In the latter, when someone loves you and you don't love them, you're likely to come to despise the other person who will drop anything just to be at your side.  If I had to chose one, I'd chose the former.  I'd be unhappy either way, but the latter situation would turn me into a terrible person, because I need a check on my behavior.  It isn't that I'm a particularly bad person, but most people need someone who can tell them no.  Without that, people tend to become egotistical and are terrible to be around.  I'd rather be miserable and yet still a relatively decent person than a miserable person who also makes other people miserable..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)