jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

How would you react to insults

1. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 3 years ago

How would you react to insults

Any kind of insult! What would you say to the other person?

2. sallybea profile image98
    sallybeaposted 3 years ago

Usually ignore them though sometimes I give them as good as they give me, not really worth it though as I prefer to live in harmony.

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

So true thank you SALLY.

3. Easy-tasty-recipe profile image63
    Easy-tasty-recipeposted 3 years ago

Respond with a side smile that will leave them crazy and guessing if they made a mistake smile

But inwardly correct yourself if you are to blame.

1. DDE profile image24

Thank you sounds a good one.

4. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

There is nothing to say. The insult lives in their mind, it has nothing to do with me, or what I am going to do next. Each person lives among their own thoughts and feeling. So in that way each person is already free of everybody. Like the Buddha once said, "I am free to take it, or not take it, and I don't take it. Now what will you do with it?" The wise ones know who they are and they don't receive the negativity of others. They leave it with them.

1. DDE profile image24

I like that quote and thank you for taking part here. Insults do stick with you

5. liesl5858 profile image88
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

Before, I used to just take insults and just smile at the person who insults me but now I have the confidence to stick up for myself and give it back to them. I don't think we should take insults from anyone, no need for it. And I don't think we should give it either. We want to live in a civilised world.

1. DDE profile image24

liesl5858 you have said it perfectly! I like your answer and attitude. Thank you.

2. liesl5858 profile image88
      liesl5858posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi! DDE, I am glad you agree with me. Thank you.

6. Kitra-sh profile image62
    Kitra-shposted 3 years ago

"They hate us 'cause they ain't us". On a more serious note, it depends on my mood, I prefer to just ignore it most of the time but sometimes I might retort back.

7. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 3 years ago

I just try to be super nice, that usually stops them from being so insulting, I don't buy into their state of mind, I'm happy regardless and proud to let it show!

8. annart profile image88
    annartposted 3 years ago

I would explain politely that I thought the remark wasn't kind, or it was insulting, or maybe rude.  If confrontation continues or there is really bad language then I would just walk away.  Can't be doing with people who hurl insults.
    If it's a friend, though, then I'd try to work it out.  However, my friends tend not to be that sort of person. Some people have an anger problem and just need to be treated with calmness.
    Good question!

working