jump to last post 1-21 of 21 discussions (21 posts)

Knowing what you know today, what would tell your younger self about life?

1. FaithDream profile image77
    FaithDreamposted 7 years ago

Knowing what you know today, what would tell your younger self about life?

Think back to when you were twenty or when you were a teenager. What would tell your younger self about life?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4568092_f260.jpg

2. A.Villarasa profile image73
    A.Villarasaposted 7 years ago

Life is a journey..God gave us everything ( a superior mind, for one) for us to be able to  give meaning and purpose to that journey in a world that is full of other journeys being given meaning and purpose by others. Our collective  journey starts with God, and the hope is, the journey will end with HIm.

3. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image57
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 7 years ago

do better in school, you'll regret it if you don't

4. Ashantina profile image60
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Dance like no ones watching
    Love as if you've never been hurt
    Live as if its your last day on Earth......

5. Jangaplanet profile image82
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

I would tell him not to be afraid to take on new challenges and do what you love to do without the fear of being wrong. I would also tell my younger self to please remember not to miss an important  job interview that will come along some day but you will doubt it.

6. CARIBQUEEN profile image74
    CARIBQUEENposted 7 years ago

Don't worry, Be Happy.  Do not be concerned over things that you have no control of.  Stress less and live more fully and meaningfully.

7. chaz cecil profile image60
    chaz cecilposted 7 years ago

Always be prepared.  Learn every chance you get, do everything you have a chance to do, and live every moment like it is your last..and never give up on your dreams!

8. Keith Worth profile image60
    Keith Worthposted 7 years ago

Not a thing and I probably wouldn't believe me anyway. I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything, the good and the bad.

9. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Well, my answer definitely runs the risk of "giving off some bitter vibes", but I'd tell her, "Don't believe that if you always, always, try to do the right thing life will reward for you that.  If you don't get rid of that "always-do-the-right-thing" thinking you're going to pay some HIGH, HIGH, prices for it - time and time again

A smarter idea is to do what "everybody else" so often does, which is aim to lie, sleaze, skulk, and otherwise avoid taking responsibility for you own actions."

10. drdspervez profile image71
    drdspervezposted 7 years ago

Be prepared for every step that will come in front of you. Be strong, you too will have your day.

DR. DURRESHAHWAR PERVEZ

11. Rastamermaid profile image75
    Rastamermaidposted 7 years ago

Life is but a dream

Dream BIG!

God blessed us with all that we need to survive.

Brilliant minds that have brought us modern technology and medical breakthroughs.

From the first step on earth to the first step on the moon.

You can manifest anything you can grasp your mind around.

12. GNelson profile image79
    GNelsonposted 7 years ago

Life is not a dress rehersal.  Enjoy your turn.  You will regret more the things you do not do than the things you do.

13. sturner1 profile image68
    sturner1posted 7 years ago

Life is to short not to live it! Be adventurous, don' try to please the world, do what makes you happy, the sky is the limit!

14. LouMacabasco profile image59
    LouMacabascoposted 7 years ago

Life is short, so better live life to the fullest. Stop worrying on things you can't control and start working on things that you can. Each day is a gift to be your best!

15. profile image45
    lonely heartposted 7 years ago

start when you are younger, develop good habits, try to always do the right thing, invest in yourself when you are at school be serious in studying, knowledge is power and will take you places. have a good personality. Live life at the moment, never waste time! enjoy your youth! do as much good things as you can when you are younger because when you will get older you will think back and tell yourself i should have done this, now at your older age you cannot do the things anymore or you won't have much energy to do.

16. humblemurderer profile image58
    humblemurdererposted 7 years ago

Not to be afraid of life...keep truth as your best friend...just know in your heart everything will work out just right

17. visitmaniac profile image60
    visitmaniacposted 7 years ago

Enjoy it and dont care about things like money. Life should be fun and enjoyed with others.

18. Decosigner profile image59
    Decosignerposted 7 years ago

I will tell him these words,
    "You can never get back to your past and live your life again to change things. Maybe you can go to tell your younger self again but you cannot dictate him to change things. So live your life and be you. Enjoy the sweet moments while you're still there."

19. Rusty C. Adore profile image95
    Rusty C. Adoreposted 7 years ago

Don't worry about what your peers think of you in Junior High and High School ... once you graduate you will say goodbye to them forever and meet the people who really matter!

20. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Do as much as you can as soon as you can in the way of saving and investing. The faster you accumulate wealth, the more independent you become. In turn you gain the freedom to do the things that interest you as opposed to slaving away at a job that is much akin to wrestling the same pig in the same mudhole to the same outcome year in and year out.  Secondly, read, experience, and educate yourself to the maximum extent possible. In doing so, you become much more informed, have a better vocabulary, and in general will be a much more interesting person throughout your life. We never stop having the opportunity to learn and apply what we have learned...don't miss out.  Be ready...when opportunity calls.  It's not a matter of whether it will, it is more likely "when".  If you are not ready...the rest does not matter. Get out of the box, don't set boundaries for your life; don't always play it safe and miss the thrill of feeling adrenalin flow through your body. Take a deep breath and live! WB

21. lawrencebeach2010 profile image61
    lawrencebeach2010posted 7 years ago

DO NOT HAVE SEX! I didn't meet the one until I wasn't a virgin. IO wish I would have saved that for them, although the experience I had made the sex better.

working