jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)

What single impression do you want people to walk away with after first meeting

1. Volitans profile image82
    Volitansposted 5 years ago

What single impression do you want people to walk away with after first meeting you?

First impressions are important; you may never get a chance to change someone's opinion of you. Even if you do get the chance, it can be very difficult to overwrite that first impression. What single aspect of your character do you want people to understand after they meet you for the first time?

2. blaiddgoch profile image78
    blaiddgochposted 5 years ago

Honest friendly and kind persons and easy to get along with are the most important thing

3. zsobig profile image83
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

I love when people know me and they say I am a funny and loveable person.
    Still I am aware of the fact that people use to think that I am an introvert and shy person who is possible not interested in them.
    This is not true, but I am sure a bit cautious with a stranger, that's what my mom taught me smile.

4. ithabise profile image85
    ithabiseposted 5 years ago

I would hope they found me to be friendly and willing to be their friend. I hope that I would have conveyed my full acceptance of them.

5. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

When a person meets me for the first time I hope they think that I am kind, understanding and fun to be with.

6. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Oh dear..
    I don't want to meet anyone who would base his entire opinion of me in one single meeting..
    Life is too short to worry about first impressions..

7. profile image59
    elsiebethposted 5 years ago

I try to give people I first meet the feeling that I am friendly and willing to help other
    people.  I also want them to know I can be rather nasty when I
    need to put people in their place.  I take a lot.  I know I do many stupid things, and
    make mistakes but some people just try to take advantage of others.  I have friends who never take up for themselves.  That just isn't me.  Most people are nice and I seldom have problems. I am cautious but I am a great friend and have
    many long time friendships.  Old friends are the best.

8. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Acceptance of what I am.

I meet people with sincerity and hope they will accept for what I am as I do not put up a false front.

9. fitmom profile image82
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

I would hope that people would find me sincere and an engaging conversationalist.

10. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I hope that they get the impression that *they* are absolutely wonderful. That's how I feel about them. If I leave them feeling wonderful about themselves, then I have no worries about me at all.

11. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 5 years ago

Oh Dear......................if only, they would say, that I conducted myself well.

12. ChitrangadaSharan profile image57
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

I would like them to know that I am friendly, polite, kind and understanding, which I am. They should enjoy my company. Although I believe, one meeting is not enough to judge a person, but we do want to be in our best behavior in our first meeting with someone, do'nt we?

13. hi friend profile image61
    hi friendposted 5 years ago

I like to extend my friendship that must be honorable.

14. mvillecat profile image79
    mvillecatposted 5 years ago

I hope that people take away that I am a honest person. I live what I preach and try not to be a hypocrite. So many people these days live according to the "Jones." I hope I am never viewed as one of those people.

15. mathira profile image83
    mathiraposted 5 years ago

I would like to put forth my honesty, as being trustworthy is important for your success in life.

16. dghbrh profile image79
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

I would love if they come to think of me as a person with positive attitude about life. As I am very choosy about friends I do not want to make people think at first meeting that i am very friendly. Again I am an introvert so keeping my limitations in mind the impression of at least a positive attitude is just fine with me.

17. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

Openness and friendliness, it is said what you give you get, love open minded and optimistic people who greet you with outstretched hand, a big smile and a sparkle in their eyes:)