Bible decreed that ''women should obey their husbands'' ?

Jump to Last Post 51-57 of 57 discussions (382 posts)
  1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago

Jesus liberated women smile and there are many instances
    where he edified ,defended and stood alongside them ,when it was definately not poplular to do so.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image62
      Woman Of Courageposted 8 years agoin reply to this

kiwi, Agreed smile

2. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 8 years ago

Death to the Rape Victim   (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

It is clear that God doesn't give a damn about the rape victim.  He is only concerned about the violation of another mans "property".

3. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago

Sorry if this has already been expressed ,but Ive scrolled back 5 pages and too tired to read all from a-z so here goes.

My version of a Christian marriage ,as I understand it from Gods word.

(No, I dont say that the good marriage is only a Christian one)

Man: As Jesus was Head of the Church' so was man supposed to emulate that example. God was not a task master. He respected and revered women.

Therefore for women to obey their husbands in this setting was not demoralising ,it was very liberating,protective and supportive.

There are countless examples far better than I have given and if you could witness a Christian marriage in action you would see exactly what I mean.

1 Cor. 11:3 – “But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a woman is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image62
      Woman Of Courageposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Amen.

4. earnestshub profile image88

Has anyone informed the women of this?

I live with a lot of females, and I can assure one and all that it ain't gonna happen! lol

5. profile image56
    paarsurreyposted 8 years ago

Bible decreed that ''women should obey their husbands'' ?

It is a wrong notion of the scribes; both men and women should respect one another and obey one another on merit of right; this is the Truthful teachings of the Religion. The scribe of the Bible are sinful persons; they could mis-state the things in a wrong manner.

1. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So, I suppose the quran would be the source one should go to on marital advice? Islam advocates equality of the sexes?

1. profile image56
        paarsurreyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Sure of course; respect to both the sexes keeping in view their natural faculties.

1. profile image0

And what, according to the quran,  are the natural faculties of each of the sexes? I'm curious.

1. earnestshub profile image88
            earnestshubposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Men are superior at peeing standing up. Sorry that's the only one I can think of!  smile

1. profile image56

[2:229] And the divorced women shall wait concerning themselves for three courses; and it is not lawful for them that they conceal what Allah has created in their wombs, if they believe in Allah and the Last Day; and their husbands have the greater right to take them back during that period, provided they desire reconciliation. And they (the women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in equity; but men have a rank above them. And Allah is Mighty, Wise.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=228

Men and women have rights as they both have obligations to perform.

1. profile image0

Men have rank above women? That's enough information for me. Another archaic way to subjugate women. I'm not sure I see any difference than the fundamentalist take on christianity. Where, exactly were you going with this?

1. profile image56
                  1. profile image0

Paar, you are incorrigible. Stop it.

2. Beelzedad profile image58
                Beelzedadposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the obligations of the women are to be subservient to the men.

Can you imagine what Muslim men would have done to a group of women who decided to start a Suffragette movement, walking down the streets carrying signs of protest, or a movement where they get together and collectively burn their hijabs in the streets?

Muslim men would most likely have turned once again to the infallible Quran that would teach and condone them to beat their women within an inch of their lives.

Allah is a Mighty Misogynist. smile

2. profile image0

A little coarse, but lol

6. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 8 years ago

my, I didn't read through the pages here. Just respect your husband and he will respect you as well. This is tied with decision making.

When he says, love, I think you should not buy those stuff because they are not durable, then weigh what he is saying, then if you see that he has a point then obey him. Usually it is about whose domain the area is, for example in major household decision to buy something, you should agree, but in child care or in the kitchen, mostly these are women's domain so the women's decision should be followed. If there is conflict of decision, then the one who is more knowledgeable in that area should be followed. Weigh pros and cons and that's it.

1. profile image56

A very rational approach.

2. profile image0
      Tilecleaninghubposted 8 years agoin reply to this

good advice pretty

7. earnestshub profile image88

"but men have a rank above them. And Allah is Mighty, Wise."

It looks more like Allah was not mighty or wise, he sounds like a sexist to me! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://maven.io/company/pages/privacy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)