I have had it...

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (63 posts)
  1. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 13 years ago

This is probably gonna get me all kinds of grief however I just have to let it out. This is my final post to the forums so say what you want because I won't be back to see it.

I have been on HP for a little over 10 months and when I first joined I thought it was fun to be in the forums plus I found a new love of writing. I stopped writing and coming to the forums in April when I moved back home then with mama's illness I continued to stay away for the most part. I have had to do a lot of thinking and soul searching as to why I didn't stay anymore active than I have and I finally figured it out.

While everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs the religion and politics have taken over the forums. The games have become repetitive, and the "Jesus is the Savior" comments and pushing have become ridiculous.

I do have my beliefs and I must say *in my best southern belle voice* JESUS IS NOT THE THE SAVIOR!!! There are so many contradictions to the bible, to the way we came about, and so much more. I do believe there is something higher than us however I don't think you are gonna go to hell because you had sex before marriage, or supposedly even worse a baby out of wedlock. I don't think a murderer should be told if thy repent their sins they will go to heaven that's like slapping them on the wrist and saying don't do it again but if you do you will still make it to the golden gates.

On New Year's Eve while in ATL watching the peach drop there was an 8 year old in the middle of the crowd passing out pamphlets and holding up a wooden cross. Come on people he's only a kid. If you wanna spread your so called word then do it yourself don't make your children do it for you and even more don't leave them alone in a crowd like that. Let's not forget the man with a sign around his neck saying sex before marriage is a sin. I say to you sir that maybe in your eyes it is a sin but to me it is quite pleasurable.

So I say to all of you Jesus pushers lay the heck off! not everyone is gonna believe the way you do and you as a "christian" should respect that. Really think about that little book you are reading and check out the contradictions. And for those of you to lazy to do so check out the examples on this hub http://hubpages.com/hub/Biblical-Questi … servations

I intend to get back to writing and that's it! NO MORE FORUMS FOR ME!! They are no longer a fun place to meet people. For those of you whom choose to not follow me anymore because of this little rant then I say thank you for the time you have followed me. For everyone I have become friends with I too thank you for always being there for me through everything from my big move to mama's surgery.

Take care friends of HP!

1. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please don't go Pinkylee- don't let the religious nuts hound you out-you are right they are trying to take over the forums, but with Misha and Mark Knowles on our side we can beat them. smile

2. kmackey32 profile image63
      kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I feel the same way Pinky....

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

god still loves you whether you believe in him and accept him or not.

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the Flying Spaghetti Monster loves you too

2. thisisoli profile image71
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, god casts you to the nether regions of hell if you decide not to believe in him.  Get that bible READ! Torture, incest, rape, killings and more condoned by god himself. 

I have to admit I didn't expect the sole literary accompaniment to my last extended hospital stay to be quite so violent.

1. profile image51
          ddlg1958posted 13 years agoin reply to this

So I'm new here, but doesn't Christianity fall into the category of religion? Most of the questions I've seen are in the category of religion and there seems to be a lot of animosity toward posts from people that are clearly religious. I'm confused.

4. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

totally agree with you pinky - I don't know how I torture myself going into the forums  - guess it just amazes me how people can be caught up in their own delusions - gave me plenty of 'inspiration' for writing hubs.

I think it's child abuse to use children in this manner

5. izoooom profile image60
      izoooomposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Take care of yourself Pinky and wherever your path leads you smile

I have to admit, one of the first things I noticed on the HP Questions and Forums section is the amount of religion topics, which kind of makes me stay away from the forums as I have zero interest in religions.

Religious arguements cause enough arguments in my offline reality, why involve yourself in your online escape hub?

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

That's ok....your mama can read it and tell you what I said.  LOL

Lynne, tell Pinkylee we're going to miss her!  I went through a lot of days of worrying about  you (Lynne) and expecting Pinkylee to keep us all updated.  At least she stuck around long enough to do that!  LOL   

I understand your frustrations, but I remember quite a few people complaining about how the religious forums posts seem to dominate the hubtivity.  One solution to that is to keep the hubtivity full of OTHER posts.  Hence, the games.  You just have to ignore the stuff you don't like.

I hope you reconsider.  Tell her Lynne!

3. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 13 years ago

Hey KCC,

I hate to admit it but she is right. I used to come here for a little breather from working on hubs and my other ventures but now it seems I can't even say hi to an old friend in a thread without getting slammed. I will tell her though I am sure she will read the comments made at some point.

I really appreciate the family I have here and so wish many of the ones that I used to chat with were still around. I loved some of the late night talks bouncing ideas off of one another and such, but that seems to be gone.

I started out the new year thinking I would get myself back into gear here and jump back into writing but after getting slammed the other day, that thrill left and I just sit here shaking my head.

Personally, I don't want to search through the mire and muck to find the threads that really could be useful. I'm gonna go back to writing too and leave this well enough alone.

Thanks for the concern and all the prayers you guys generated. Seems I'm on the mend very well and good now. I'll keep checking in, but doubt if I'll post overly much.

Lynne

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Actually Pinkylee, this post makes me like you more.

You're on my FB page, but I never really knew you. I'll be paying better attention to you from now on.

I wish you wouldn't leave. I find the forums much changed from the days when I used to come often. Most of the good people are gone, and the loonies have thoroughly taken over.

I think there's a facebook group for HP exiles.. In fact I know I heard about it... There was a thread here once.

Also, if you have Firefox, apparently Edweirdo was good enough to make a firefox add-on that will let us block the religion subforums from the main HP forums page, since HP wouldn't help us out there. They like all the extra traffic the drama threads create.  Check out https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/270587/

I just saw it like half an hour ago myself, and will be trying it out in the morning.

Anyway, it sucks that HP forums are losing another sane and reasonable person, but I'll see you on facebook, and I fully understand your disgust.

Sure, some of you will think I'm a hypocrite for it, since I spent my first four months here (under this ID) in the rel. forums myself, but I too find it all a horrid waste of time, and have been avoiding most of the forums because of the mass stupidity -and a desire to get some work done- since last spring.

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great idea from Edweirdo. I wish HP would let us block stuff we don't want - I would block all the political junk too.

Unfortunately, that add-in won't help me - I do a lot of iPad browsing.

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
          Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. After I try it out in the morning I'll post a full thread about it to help get word out for him. I'm not on my work computer right now though.

2. kmackey32 profile image63
          kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

great idea

2. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Sorry to hear you were slammed Lynne. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well.

3. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Pinky -

We'll miss you.  I myself try to avoid the forums as much as possible and focus on what really matters most - my family, my writing, and my schooling.  Usually, when I need a diversion, the forums are there waiting for me to drop in for a second before I get back to business. 

That's how I handle the forums now, although I really miss the daily interactions with some of my favorite hubbers.  But, it has to be.  I hope to see you around again, sometime. smile

Lynne, sorry to hear you were slammed.  Some people just need to grow up and remember we're all human.

Wishing you both all the best -

4. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 13 years ago

When I first came here, all the advice was to stay out of the religious forums unless I wanted to get involved in a fight, and because I have no interest in it anyway, I've stayed out.

If I wanted a fight with someone I could just stay offline!

The forums are handy for learning, and interacting, but they aren't the most important reason for being here.

We are here to write, or at least I am.

Pinky, we have never really interacted in any way, but I will be sorry to see you go. I hope you change your mind. It is nice to be able to post even if its just when you have a problem or whatever. We are all here for each other.

And Lynne, I am so sorry to hear that some of the morons who post on here had a go at you...that is totally out of order.

Let's not any of us leave over this.

If you don't post in these forums, they'll have no-one to rant at, and if they rant in another forum they are so off topic they are just totally in the wrong.

5. profile image0
      King Larryposted 13 years ago

Okay, I'm going to temporarily end my forum ban to answer this on behalf of myself and my other account, which shall remain nameless for now.  Anyways, I agree with KCC and Izzy here.  You shouldn't leave forums because of a few damn morons. 

Seriously, both myself and our mutual acquaintence both think your probably one of the kindest and smartest hubbers on this site, and it would be a travesty if you left us too. 

Look, I can't make you do anything, but i will say this.  You will be sorely missed if this truly is your last forum post.  However, if this is something you feel that you have to do, then I'll completely understand and support it.  Seriously, this is actually one of the reasons why I myself was going to stop coming into forums on both of my accounts completely.  However, after reading your last post, I decided to end my personal ban to say this to you in hopes that your mom will tell you for me. 

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way, and I can only hope you'll change your mind.  However, if you don't, I know it'll be a huge loss for hubpages to see one of it's best hubbers leave us like this because of a bunch of freaking idiots.

@lynnechandler

I had no idea that anyone attacked you on these forums, but whoever did should be ashamed of themselves.  Like your daughter, your one of the nicest people on this site, so anyone that picks on you needs to get a life.  I'm sorry to hear you ran into such trouble, and I hope that those freaking idiots don't discourage you from leaving forums completely, as it would be another loss for this site not to have two of their upstanding hub citizens not participate in forums anymore. 

However, if you do decide to go the same way as your daughter, then I'll understand completely too.  However, I hope you both reconsider, as i know you both would be sorely missed.  tell your daughter that me and our mutual acquaintence (who can't post due to a self ban at the moment) that we both wish her all the best.  Hopefully someday she'll grace us with her presence again, as we need more dignified hubbers like her around here more than some of the morons that like to start up fighting around here.  not naming names or anything, but just saying.

6. nell79 profile image78
      nell79posted 13 years ago

You mean there was a day when religion didn't make up the biggest part of the forums? I wish I'd seen it then.

Religion is such a hot topic and a very personal choice (whether that be to have a religion or not have one). I would consider myself religious (though I don't believe at all that anyone who isn't religious or believes differently than I do is going to Hell--I just don't understand the mentality there at all), I hate having anything crammed down my throat, so I can understand the sentiment here.

I don't think I've come across you here before (I could be wrong, but my sleep deprived brain isn't coming up with anything lol Thank my 5 month old big_smile ), but I'm sorry to see you go over something like this. You seem like a nice enough person, and the support I see for you here confirms that.

It's too bad people can't just leave well enough alone and respect others enough to let them believe how they choose to. The world would be a much nicer place! The forums would definintely benefit from it too! Good luck to you, and I hope you'll change your mind and I'll see you around!

7. profile image0

@King Larry, Flightkeeper, Rafini, Izzy, and Pandora. See this is what makes staying out of the forums so hard for those of us who have been here for a long time, but for whatever reason just lurk in the background. The family of hubbers that I met here along the way have truly blessed my world.

Nell, yes there was a time when it was a truly fun place to sit and have a cup of joe, eat a slim jim, drink a virtual drink and chase zombies off from the tribe. It was a gathered learning community when we weren't up to some mischief, lol. I miss that a lot.

I'm hoping that this will inspire more of the ones who kinda stay in the background to jump back in and start up some useful learning topics to help each other out again. Like I said I'm not totally gone from posting here but it will be few and far between if the continued norm follows suit.

8. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 13 years ago

@Pinky and Lynne, Sandpit section is perfect to spend your time on forums. It's free from all religious and political junk. Check this thread for example, nice place to hangout.

9. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years ago

It is always sad to read these kind of threads. I am afraid I long since realised that the religious forum is a place to avoid, too many people of differing beliefs fighting with each other, neither side willing to give any ground, so creating loads of casualties along the way, (a bit like World War 1 in the trenches, loads of deaths for a few feet of ground either way on any one given day, pointless in the end).

In the days when I first joined hubpages groups of us 'friends' would agree to meet up on a certain hub each day/evening. We would then treat this hub as a forum, having a chat, a laugh and then possibly going 'Hubjacking', in other words, one of us suggested a random published hub, and then we all headed there, had lots of harmless banter and comments, (so raising the unsuspecting Hubbers viewings and comments considerably), and at the end of our session left without causing any offence, and probably surprised the hubber when they next checked their comments received. These are days I really miss, the days when Spryte, Shadesbreath, Christoph Reilly, Agvulpes, Sixtyorso, Gwendymom, Mightymom, Jewels, myself and others, enjoyed hubbing on a far more social level,still writing our hubs, but having a laugh as a social group of friends at the same time. Sigh, what I wouldn't give to return to those times which were only a couple of years back.

Who needs forums when we can 'arrange' to meet our friends in the comments section of a random hub! smile

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
        Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That was like one of those "summer to remember" things, except online. Everything felt new and fresh. Good times. smile

As for the religion and politics, I look at most of what people write in there as a clinic in bad rhetoric and poor point-making ability. You can see exactly how never to convince anyone of anything if you go in there (and then you can make fun of it smile )

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your right, just don't take it all too seriously, life can be lights

10. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I remember those days mistyhorizon.  I was the "victim" of a hubjacking.  It was a lot of fun.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL, those were the absolute best days and times on Hubpages weren't they KCC? No nastiness in a hubjacking, just a load of fun and laughs with good friends, even if some of us were bobbing between a hub we were writing and the hub we were hubjacking at the time. Glad you are here to confirm that it was fun to be on the receiving end of a hubjacking too smile

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
          KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was a blast.  I can still see the noticeable spike in my pageviews from it.  It started with Goldentoad and from there everyone was joining in.  We spent a couple of hours chatting.  *sigh*  Yeah, I miss those days.

2. Misha profile image64
          Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good ole days smile Well, I guess it's a size problem. We will never see HP the way they were before...

1. IzzyM profile image88
            IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Something you'd rather not tell us about, Misha?  big_smile

1. profile image0
              ssaulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thank god i was never apart of the religious forums because people might have beat me up badly big_smile

11. Tinsky profile image91
      Tinskyposted 13 years ago

Pinkylee I agree. Don't Go.  I've just arrived on the Forum's myself and would appreciate your company, but if you have really made up your mind then I'll just have to follow you and read all your hubs.

12. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Don't go!

I know it can get weird sometimes but just ignore the crazies!

13. Mighty Mom profile image79
      Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

There are plenty of other forums to post in! Stay on the Hubber's Hangout or Sandpit and you can share any topic you want!
      I wholeheartedly agree with those who see your departure as a HUGE LOSS, Pinkylee!
      As they say, you've got to choose your battles.
      The Religion and Philosophy forum is simply an exercise in futility and frustration!

Also love the trip down memory lane, Mistygal! Aw, those definitely were the days. Naughty, but nice!! MM

14. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years ago

... and all you need is love, love, love smile

15. Dame Scribe profile image56
      Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

I come onto the forums rarely due to topics I have no interest or feel they have no business asking. We all have personal boundaries that we like to keep and maintain. I just suggest maybe just pop in on the ones that are appealing and ignore the rest smile

The problem is that the unwanted topics clutter the screen, making it harder to spot the posts we are interested in.

1. profile image0
          shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

correction... what you are interested in! lol

2. profile image0

correction... what you are interested in! lol

3. Druid Dude profile image59
          Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then why are any of you coming to religious forums if you really don't want to hear. Seems an odd place to hang out. "I don't want to hear all the garbage that some people spout, so I'm hangin' out where it is spouted day and night. Y'all make PERFECT sense...NOT!

1. profile image0

Just replying to pcunix and the OP - just like magick!  Blessed be Druid (lol)

2. Dame Scribe profile image56
            Dame Scribeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are talking about how the forums are cluttered with the 'headings' from the religion forums. tongue and difficult to find forums that are of interest to us. hmm geezzz

3. Pcunix profile image90

I'm talking about the main forum page being cluttered with these ridiculous posts.

4. Daniel Carter profile image63
          Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Which is a reflection of the whole world. So apparently all that means is we need to use our filters better.

If we HAD filters, that is.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
              Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Using your own human filters work, as long as one is willing to develop and use them. Not everything should be dependent on a computer or a programmer to do it for us.

But for people who prefer dependence, you could also use Edweirdo's tool:
              http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/64113

No, I can't. First, I do a lot of browsing with my iPad. Second, whem i am back at my computer, I use Chrome.

This is something HP should do. It is that simple.

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
                Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeh I'm weak about certain things. I've suffered from religious and political forum addictions for over a decade off and on.

1. nell79 profile image78
                  nell79posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Those topics often catch my attention, too--especially with some of those headings! But I'm usually able to resist jumping in there, especially when I remind myself how it's likely to end. I much prefer to keep my thoughts to myself on those issues. Makes things much simpler big_smile

16. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Religion is a choice, as are the forums here. If you don't want to let the preachers in, you don't have to. However, apparently a lot of people are just so curious and aching for a good argument they can't turn away, so they let the preachers in and argue until they're mad and then they blame it on the preachers.

Just remember, you had a choice, and you still have a choice.

17. elayne001 profile image79
      elayne001posted 13 years ago

I was very put off after a couple of months of joining Hubpages for the same reason as you - the religious babble - but I am a Christian, so I think you owe us the same freedom of worship as you have - you choose not to think of Jesus as the Savior - and I do know he is the Savior - two totally different opinions, but nevertheless, they are yours and mine. Cannot change that. I think it is a very childish reason to leave Hubpages just because of that, but that is your decision, and so I bid you farewell and good luck in your future endeavors.

1. profile image0
        lynnechandlerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It amazes me that people don't read before they write a response. She never said she was leaving hubpages just the forums. She is apparently as fed up as edweirdo and many others if there was a need to create an add-on for firefox to filter the forums.

I personally do not like seeing it but occasionally there are threads that do interest me in the religion area so I am not going to add the filter.

The highly uncalled for slander and hypocritical people bashing it all on both sides of the fence is why I left the church. That said it doesn't mean that I don't believe I just choose to walk a different path. There is no reason to shove "God loves you" at me or anyone else.

Jesus or God or whoever weren't in the operating room this past summer. They didn't fix my heart, modern science and technology guided by the hand of my surgeon did. Seriously people wake up and stop blindly following along because you fear hell and satan. There is no such thing as either. You die, you get buried, your essence may or may not go somewhere but we will never know because you can not put a tracking device on it.

I'm sorry but the beginning of the posts with the support from those at HP shows who the mature ones are and who are not by the time you get to these last few posts.

18. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years ago

I remember when the thread below was posted.  I also remember many said they would pray for Lynne, Pinky's mom.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/45914

19. profile image0

I'm not sure what you are getting at there? I truly am thankful for all the support that was shown when I was ill. I never said that I didn't believe in the power of prayer. I said that the supreme whoever didn't fix me. Technology and the doctors did. The prayer was very uplifting and I have seen what putting your thoughts out there solely to direct healing to one person can do but that is a group of people collectively putting their minds to something and the person on the receiving end becomes very uplifted from it, sometimes it heals, that to me is a mystery, but still it isn't a supreme being.

20. profile image0
      SirDentposted 13 years ago

I just wanted to point out that many that the OP speaks out against gave support when asked.  That is all.

21. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Well I for one am sorry to see Pinky exit the forums, though I perfectly understand her reasons. Maybe the filter add-on would be a great alernative?

As for Dave - your post is kinda bad form, considering why Pinky is leaving.
      Some folks just don't want or need to hear that. To them - it's offensive.

@ Lynne - I remember your daughter posting about your ill health. It's amazingly good to know that the right care and attention can bring about a return to good health smile

22. jaydennia04 profile image59
      jaydennia04posted 13 years ago

ya funny very funny

1. nell79 profile image78
        nell79posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I fail to see what's funny here? Am I just lost?

23. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

I think she should come back to the forums and use Edweirdo's new forum filter to block the often disturbing religious and political subforums.

The link is at the top of his profile there. 

Baileybear have you ever gotten burned out on it all? It's a more than worthy cause in my opinion, and I admire your fortitude, but sometimes people on all sides just need a break.

EDIT: By the way, my daughter (13) is a pastafarian! It could be worse. My 19 year old son goes to youth groups at the methodist church just to schmooze with the girls. roll

We're rurally located. He doesn't have a lot of options. lol

24. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years ago

If I were God, I'd would have said the same thing a long time ago.

"I have had it with all of you."

"You aren't listening" ... And ...  "You think that you know it all"...   "Go ahead;    Do it your way!"   
      "see what happens ...   without me."

But !  if you want to talk?  ...
        You know my number;  I'll be at home waiting for your call.

25. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 13 years ago

This coming from people who have hard time understanding rationality, science. LOL roll

I'm sure you feel much better now by preaching and irritating OP in this thread jerami. wink

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had no intention of irritating the OP.  Just agreeing.

That is all.  Sometimes I think that every single person on this plannet are nuts.  Including myself.

26. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 13 years ago

I wasn't gonna come back but i am drunk so guess what I am here haha ... thanks you to everyone that showed thier love and support but the ones still trying to shove God down my throat or the ones totally missing my point good luck in your life!!!

I am an easy person to find so y'all that wants to stay in touch look for me on FB haha

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)