What's the most comfortable bra you've ever tried?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 68 discussions (128 posts)
  1. bittybrasize profile image60
    bittybrasizeposted 14 years ago

We've all got different bodies and different tastes... some women are most comfortable in lightweight bras with no wires, while others prefer something with more support.

For the most part I can't stand underwire bras, and with my 32AA bust I've no reason to wear them regularly. I do like Wacoal's petite padded underwire bras but they're quite expensive.

Probably the most comfortable bra I've tried is the B-Smooth Seamless Bra Top, also by Wacoal. I think they've got a very similar style out now called the Perfect Pants Bralette, which may replace the B-Smooth.

1. profile image49
      blue12posted 14 years agoin reply to this

idk but my girl say a d cup

2. Pantywearer profile image59
      Pantywearerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My favorite bra that I've tried on and bought is Xhilaration (size 36A) from Taget.  Since I don't have big breasts, the cups fit me perfectly.  I love the design & colors offered by Xhilaration.

bittybrasizeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, I'll have to check those out. I've seen them, but never tried one on. Would be nice to have a reasonably priced bra that fit me well.

2. profile image49
        mumthaaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hai dear. why dont u try sports bra some times, its good. but depends on your breast shape, may i know yuour niplpes size

3. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

one big enough to keep my ears warm!

4. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

most comfortable ever worn or taken off wink

5. tobey100 profile image61
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Being a guy, I'd rather not say

6. Pamela N Red profile image81
      Pamela N Redposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't like the under wire kind. That seems to be the most popular right now so it's hard to find anything else. I like the lacy minimally padded styles but have a harder time finding them.

7. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hmm

8. mkplcl profile image60
      mkplclposted 14 years agoin reply to this

D cup

9. Domela profile image60
      Domelaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My favorite bra is no bra! Sometimes you have to, but it's always a relief to take the damn thing off as soon as you can!

2. Pr0metheus profile image59
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

A 38 A cup.... errrrrrr

hahahahahaha tongue

3. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Victoria secrets new bra - can't remember the name, but they are fabulous.  Get signed up with VS online & you'll get lots of online coupons and coupons in the mail.

4. Tom Cornett profile image82
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

44....DD...they make killer knee pads!  smile

5. Misha profile image65
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Even better hats. Pay for one, get one free! wink

1. Tom Cornett profile image82
      Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey...Siamese twin bonnets!  smile

6. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Boys! Boys!

When I turned 40, every inch of my lawn was covered with bras. A a sign...Lordy Lordy Look whos 40 Your Friends Support You" My poor son was afraid to go to the bus stop big_smile  I've never seen such large bras in my life!

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Paradise7 profile image68
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

This one's hilarious, even though it might not have felt so funny at the time.  LOLOLOLO:Dbig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile:

There really is something funny about bras.  Me,the "wonder bra" seems to be the one, for comfort and lift.  Yeah!

1. Laura Thykeson profile image63
        Laura Thykesonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When the "Wonder Bra" first came out, I got one and loved it!  Back then I was very thin, and had hardly any boobs. My sister, who had always had large boobs loved teasing me about my new bra saying, "It's called a "wonder bra" because I wonder why you even need to wear one!" She thought that was hysterically funny....Now, years and extra pounds later, mine are larger than hers, and we still laugh about her stupid joke, even though I didn't think it was funny at the time!

My favorite bra right now is a soft cup, no underwire Playtex model T630 (off the tag) from Walmart. I usually wear underwires, but my ribs are still a bit sore from my surgery.

7. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Well, I am sorry to say, I've never wanted or had the urge to put one on.

With that said, tho. I do like the ones that have small clasps right up front. They are so much easier to take off.

lol

8. rmcrayne profile image93
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Some may consider it more of a sleep bra.  I like the bra and panties by Barely There.  I always order them from Bare Necessities. You can get undies by just about any label there.

9. Carmen Borthwick profile image61
    Carmen Borthwickposted 14 years ago

I hate bras, but need one, never have found one that is really comfy in the last few years. I don't know where the heck I got boobs because my mom and sis have pretty much nothing. I guess I was the scapegoat that got enough for all three of us.

What size are you? I'm the opposite, my mother and sister have boobs and somehow I got skipped.

10. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Being a dancer and rather athletic in general, I prefer the sports bras Bestform has designed for high impact activities.

11. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

I'm just a teeny little thing, so when I can get away with it, I just wear tank tops!

1. nikki1 profile image61

Believe it or not. A bra may help you as well. They can also help perk those bad boys up. They can give you a hotter look.

12. Health Tips Woman profile image60
    Health Tips Womanposted 14 years ago

I would say the most comfortable would be not wearing one at all.

1. profile image0
      Wendi Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There you go!

2. drej2522 profile image66
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hot

3. Sean Leong profile image61
      Sean Leongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. lol

1. nikki1 profile image61

Actually, that would damage your body structure. A bra helps with that. Also, they'll makes you looks ten-times hotter (women) that is.
        I recommend them, highly. My friends.
        Smiles to all big_smile

4. falcon64 profile image58
      falcon64posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agree....smile

13. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

Comfortable bra - oxymoron
    I'm considering having my "bra fillers" removed, I'm so DONE with these things!

14. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

For the tiny little ladies that may be okay. Maybe I'll just get fat to match, think that will balance things and keep my neck and shoulders from hurting so much? Or maybe I just need to stay off the computer!

15. KCC Big Country profile image81
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I have a hub about my most comfortable bra..."14 Hooks Later"

16. Mocha Momma profile image61
    Mocha Mommaposted 14 years ago

Since we are talking about actually wearing a bra and not whether or not a bra is actually comfortable versus going bra less.  I would have to say the most comfortable bra(s) that I've ever worn were the Bio Flex and Body by Victoria bras by Victoria's Secret. 

For me, bras that do not have under wire have a tendency to irritate my skin because of the elastic band and they make me feel "itchy" after extended or prolonged periods of wear.

The bras mentioned above, though they have an under wire, it does not feel like there's under wire and you don't feel like you have an elastic band wrapped around your body.

Another thing to consider, it's a good idea to use the free service that most reputable undergarment retailers offer (Free bra fitting consultation), whereas an expert can help find the proper fit and size for you.  Statistics/studies suggest that nearly 70% of women are not wearing their correct bra size.

Just something to think about when you are finding that your bra is unbearable.

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't you worry about that metal in a thunderstorm?

1. Mocha Momma profile image61
        Mocha Mommaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL, I don't wear that much metal, and if there were a thunderstorm with lightning touching down, men that wear big cowboy buckles would be more worried than me, because their buckles have way more metal than my bra does.

As a matter of fact, I own belts that are all metal...  Not to mention, I've never heard of a woman being struck by lightning because of her bra... ;-)

2. bittybrasize profile image60

Good point. I read on the Oprah magazine website that most women are wearing bras that are too large in the band and too small in the cups.

Victoria's Secret bras are really pretty but I haven't been in one of those stores in years, because I always used to feel like the sales ladies were laughing at my flat chest!

1. Mocha Momma profile image61
        Mocha Mommaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

bittybrasize,

I am sorry to hear they made you feel that way.  Do not let someone's silly behavior deter you from doing something that you'd like to for yourself.  Give it another try, and if the person helping you isn't professional, then ask for her manager.  Also make sure if you decide to go, you walk in with your confidence in tact, and that you aren't thinking about your past experiences.  Set those feelings free and start fresh.  I know sometimes we can be very critical of our own bodies.  If others are, trust me, they have something that they are critical of of themselves. 

You also have other options, you can go to a different store and get sized if you need to and order your bras online from them if you wanted to still purchase bras from them and not deal with the sales people.

17. profile image0
    LEWJposted 14 years ago

Uh, I think I wear a 65 triple D, or triple E.   I forget which one!
    It's a big one, though...

18. profile image0
    LEWJposted 14 years ago

Oh that's right, you askin' which one is the most comfortable.    Well, I likes that big flappy one with the 19 hooks by Victoria's Plumpest Secrets.

1. Deborah-Lynn profile image61
      Deborah-Lynnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok Ok LEWJ, but you have to admit the job mentioned above by
      Mocha Momma, Free Bra Fitting Consultant, wouldn't you admit you'd take that job for free???

1. profile image0
        LEWJposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course I would...my boobies are much too fat for me to pass up an opportunity like that!

19. profile image0
    YellowBrickRoseposted 14 years ago

I have one that is padded and looks great, but one too many trips through the washing machine have stretched out one strap so that is ALWAYS FALLING DOWN. It makes me feel like I'm wearing the wrong size (even though I'm not.) GRR.

I also have a strapless. It is Not Comfortable. I should get a better one.

My most comfy is a front-closing Barely There. It's very comfortable and more fun to wear, even if my shirts look a little different on me when I wear it!

20. Paradise7 profile image68
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

A lot of people like the barely-there.  Find it comfortable.  Is it...supportive?  Or is it more suitable for the more slightly built and slender type women?

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like barely there and also vanity fair. victoria secrets didn't impress me that much, appearance is great, but overall wear and tear, they didn't last as long. I use the hand wash cycle and hang dry, they never go in the dryer.

21. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

That was definately Suzi's bra or was it just Suzi? lol

22. love my yorkies profile image59
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

Haven't found a bra yet that was truely comfortable.  And being a 40 C, unfortunately, can't get away with not wearing one.

23. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Most comfortable bra by far--Cacique brand from Lane Bryant. They come in a ton of sizes! From 36 to 48 and from B to an H cup--a bunch of different styles to, for plunging necklines, massive cleavage, full coverage, strapless nad convertible and even have underwire or wire free. I love them! big_smile

And I have to say--getting measured is probly the best thing you can do for your back lol

24. profile image0
    LEWJposted 14 years ago

Yeah, I likes them Lane Bryant ones too, child.   Hush yo mouth!
    Them strapless ones is my favorites, though...they jes' feel so good....ah-h-h-h-h....

LEWJ..........your a boy!

1. profile image0

SH-H-H-H-H-H-H!

25. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Well, there was this girl from Chicago way back when...

1. mango babe profile image59
      mango babeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha A dog in a Bra, highly uncomfortable.

I got a birthday card once with a photo of a dog with three bikini tops on, most adorable thing I ever saw!!!lol

1. mandybeau1 profile image60
          mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can imagine tk in a Bra No he wouldn't look right. hahaha

26. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey Deborah-Lynn?

Just to let you know, I responded your request.

smile

1. mango babe profile image59
      mango babeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mandy I think it depends on the Dog, as to how good it looks wearing the Brassiere.

1. mandybeau1 profile image60
        mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mmmmm I don't know if I will answer his Mango, How have ya been??????????????????????????????lurking lol smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilebig_smilebig_smile

27. mango babe profile image59
    mango babeposted 14 years ago

Of Course!

28. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

I'm hating this new one I bought from Victorias Secret!

29. donotfear profile image82
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Some of Victoria's Secret bras are the only one's I can comfortably wear. I don't like underwires, but find the VS bras are smoother and don't have the seams that itch to high heaven.

30. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image59
    Dee Dee MonSherieposted 14 years ago

Two hands and a smile....  tongue

1. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image59
      Dee Dee MonSherieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You asked most comfortable, yes?

1. drej2522 profile image66
        drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

and hot!!

31. profile image0
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

an invisible one. smile

32. dyesebel10 profile image63
    dyesebel10posted 14 years ago

I like Warner's and Playtex.

33. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image59
    Dee Dee MonSherieposted 14 years ago

Do you think the stores that provide bra-fitters screen their people well?  I am very suspicious of people who want to spend their whole day fitting women for bras, or even people who go to school to learn to give women mammograms????What is up with these people?

34. BEAUTYBABE profile image69
    BEAUTYBABEposted 14 years ago

Hi there, it is pam (beautybabe) I see you want to know the most comfortable bra that I have worn is.
    I am actually wearing my most comfortable bra:

It is called "Berlei Barely There Bra" and fits all shapes
          and sizes.  It comes in a variety of colours as well. I
          don't even know when I have it on. I just can't feel it.
          It is just so comfortable.  I was very lucky to have a
          lady from the store itself helping me and she was
          wonderful, she helped me, not because I was in a chair
          but because that was her job and she did it very well,
          helping me all the way, I was most happy with the service.
          I would certainly go back there.  BB

35. TIMWILLIAMS profile image59
    TIMWILLIAMSposted 14 years ago

I am a man that wears bras all the time. I love them a lot. The most comfy bras I have ever worn are the Hanes wire free bras.
    I get them at Wal-Mart.  Are there any other men out here that wears bras. I like to know.

36. mistywild profile image60
    mistywildposted 14 years ago

the one I don't have to wear lol lol

37. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

one without underwire and has good straps on them. Can't wear stupid strapless!

38. THE LIP profile image59
    THE LIPposted 14 years ago

The most wonder bra's I love to see my honey is the Victoria Secret one for feeding mothers...An absolute delight to get a nice Breast Feed in public in a theater or an elevator or even in a dark corner of a disc without embarrassing my lady and getting a nice breast feed..Yummy Yummy..Ur Awsum !!!!

39. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://thevanrensburgs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/HugeBra.jpg

My wife has hers custom made.

1. wyanjen profile image68
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good lord at a glance I thought this was a hindenburg-type blimp under construction.

2. profile image0

lol lol lol lol lol   M-y-y-y-y  goodness!!

40. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Dang, Ron! Have you been in my drawers again??

My bras have to be forged by a blacksmith. When I take it off, hubby announces, "Free the twins! Stand back, everyone!"

For some chucks, read about my first mammogram and how I made the machine overheat. True story.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I tried getting in your drawers once............

the line (mostly your cousins) was too long. lol

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, heck, ifin ya ain't good enuf for yer own fambly, who else ud want ya? Why do ya think we have so many fambly reunions down here?

41. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I love the maidenform bra. I think I got it from Target. Its the Total Solution Bra. Comfortable smile
    http://www.maidenform.com/assets/images/product/z/9479_z.jpg

There's nothing in it.

42. Colebabie profile image60

Well I'm not the chick in the picture.

Like we don't all know that.

Hooray for Jaeger shots!!

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She's pretty. What's wrong with her?

She is in fact pretty.  Just not much work for the boulder holder to do.

Well I'm a 34 D, and it works just fine. But I'm also 22 and have no children. This is as anti-gravity as they'll ever be.

Again, we already know.  You really don't remember that party do you?

What party was that again? Refresh my exhausted brain.

The one where you posted the naked picks in a hub.

Naked pics. I don't remember. Was I drunk?

43. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Enjoy it while you can, Colebabie! You'll discover that gravity is no friend of the twins.

But SO's with large hands are.

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now here's a guy who can make the best of any situation...me likes the way you think!

44. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 14 years ago

Let's see, the most comfortable bra i've ever tried..... to get undone was.....

45. Ron Montgomery profile image61

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/117/256937137_2ff9e95544.jpg?v=0

At your service

1. maudine_05 profile image60
      maudine_05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile smile smile

46. Colebabie profile image60

You wanna really mess with a guy's head. Wear one that latches in the front. Its good quality fun.

There's always scissors.

Ouch!

2. Jean Bakula profile image87
      Jean Bakulaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I prefer bras that latch in the front. They are hard to find now that all the T back ones are popular. Vanity Fair and Maidenform both make them, but they are expensive, so watch for sales.

1. girdledhubby profile image61
        girdledhubbyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The most comfortable bra for me is the doreen from triumph. Although it may look a bit oldfashioned it´s comfortable to wear.

47. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

The most comfortable is the one that is easy for a man to unhook.

48. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Good night all.

49. yenajeon profile image68
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

I'm a 34 Full C so the most comfortable I've had surprising are from H&M, the bras are like 15 dollars and super super comfortable. VS has good ones for smaller girls 32-34 A-B, because they are more feminine and work to enhance.

Ugh padded bras are like the bane of my existence!

50. TheGlassSpider profile image64
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Well, personally...I prefer not to wear a bra--gravity aside...I wish someone would make a piece of clothing for a guys crotch that is comparable to a bra, just so they could understand the things.

BUT Lane Bryant's Cacique brand has a bra called "Number 9" (I'm almost 99% sure that's its name, anyway). It has great underwire (that NEVER ends up warping or poking you), has just a bit of padding UNDERNEATH the breast-not to make bigger, but to support and shape-and is simply the highest quality bra I have ever seen. And, they're simple but attractive. The best part: it changes from a strapped bra (and you can even arrange the straps in more than one configuration to suit your comfort level or outfit) to a strapless bra. With my...um...endowments, I'm glad to have the level of support and long-term comfort this bra offers.

I hope they never stop making them. They are expensive, but I've had some of mine for over three years now and they are still like new.

1. RNMSN profile image60
      RNMSNposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks glassspider...baby girl is a marylyn  moroe and I think I will check one out for her!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)