What Products Would You Recommend? (Contest-Friendly Weekly Topic Inspiration)

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image89
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

What Products Would You Recommend? (Contest-Friendly Weekly Topic Inspiration)

Is there a product you use that you think is particularly good (or bad)? Share a review of it as part of the latest Weekly Topic Inspiration challenge! A bonus of publishing a Hub with a Ratings Capsule set to single or multiple person review from October 31st (at noon PT) to November 28th (at noon PT) is that you are entered to win anything from $25 to $200 in November’s Rigorous Review contest (http://hubpages.com/contest/review).

For additional contest info, group support, and title ideas, stop by the official Weekly Topic Inspiration forum thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/105509

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7262036_f260.jpg

2. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years ago

These unique and creative gifts for a bridal shower or wedding will please both the bride and the groom as they enter this new phase in their life since they are practical and useful. read more

3. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

Actually, there is a product I use that I think is particularly good, and that is Regenerist, micro-sculpting cream, fragrance-free by OLAY.  You can even purchase it at Walmart for around $25.00, well, it may have gone up some, but not over $29.00.  It lasts a long time, and I use it on my neck too of course. 

In the past when I was young, I would stay out in the sun all day without any protection (before suncreen was popular -way back in the day), and even back then my skin showed small faint lines, but now I believe my skin is even better now than when I was younger.  Of course, now I do not bake in the sun all day long, and I use suncreen.

My mother will be 84, and I remember her always using that pink bottle of Oil of Olay, but maybe it is just genetics.

I have tried those very expensive brands in department stores, and none of them work as well as Regenerist.  I really do not have any lines or wrinkles that I can see, but my eyesight is getting worse.  LOL  Thanks for the question.

1. Simone Smith profile image89
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You should definitely write a Hub about that- and enter it in our Rigorous Review contest! https://hubpages.com/admin/exclusives/review/

2. Faith Reaper profile image83
      Faith Reaperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much Simone.  I do have a few other products in mind too.  Thank you for the encouragement.

3. TNSabrina profile image59
      TNSabrinaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Loved the review! I have been hearing good things about Olay, and I even read a good review on an Avon product the other day. I am in the market for buying some new creams. The creams I got from the doctor were overpriced and I noticed no change.

4. zappas corner profile image55
      zappas cornerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

i agree with you i have and am all ways on the look out for that young cream we shouls start a hub on that and call it women secrets there is  most likely all ready one o by the way i am new glad to join the faimly i am really good at advice so ask z

5. fitmom profile image74
      fitmomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I love Arbonne's anti-aging line. My skin has never looked better! I like it because it is vegan-certified and has no mineral oil. I know it's good for me from the outside-in.  smile

4. kathleenkat profile image83
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

Automatic pet feeders are a great way to take care of your pets if you are on vacation or have a sporadic work schedule. This article explores the benefits and difficulties associated with automatic pet feeding machines. read more

5. Gary Holdaway profile image87
    Gary Holdawayposted 11 years ago

Apple products have a huge cult-like fan base, claiming that they could never go back to any other brand of technology. But what is so great about Apple? Why are their fans so die-hard? Get an insiders perspective on the matter. read more

6. JillKostow profile image86
    JillKostowposted 11 years ago

Mother Nature is very unpredictable so it is best to always have an emergency kit on hand for your family. It is better to prepare in advance rather than waiting until the last minute to gather the essential items that you and your family may need to survive a disaster. read more

7. sarahk80 profile image85
    sarahk80posted 11 years ago

The Fisher Price Incrediblock is a great toy for older babies and toddlers.  Read this article for this mom's thorough description and review. read more

8. Robert Erich profile image76
    Robert Erichposted 11 years ago

Have you experienced the new Taco Bell item: the black bean burrito? For Taco Bell fanatics and newbies alike, it is worth taking a bite of this delicious burrito! read more

9. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 years ago

Patrons can enjoy a whole world of entertainment and services beyond their favorite first run films at this movie house chain. From adult beverages to football games to Sunday morning church services and full meals served right at your seat, this theater aims to stay in business by offering the most and best ranges of activities. read more

10. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

I absolutely love using Spike Vegit Magic Low Sodium Seasoning and Spike Salt Free All Purpose Seasoning. This brand of gourmet seasonings offers a blend of herbs and spices that give my dishes a unique flavor without a lot of salt. I recommend these products for anyone who is trying to decrease sodium in their diet, especially those with diabetes and high blood pressure. It uses a chemical-free blend that enhances the taste of food naturally.

11. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image93
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 11 years ago

Looking for a new blender?  Look no further than the Ninja Master Prep Pro System.  Pureeing frozen fruits, crushing ice and making frozen drinks has never been easier. read more

12. ktrapp profile image92
    ktrappposted 11 years ago

A heated deep cleaner for carpets is essential for every homeowner. This review shows why the Bissell PROheat is an excellent choice. read more

13. ReneeDC1979 profile image59
    ReneeDC1979posted 11 years ago

Ladies, I would have to recommend Veet - it's the shaving cream without the use of a razor.  It leaves skin feeling smooth, and you never have to worry abut razor bumps, cuts or knicks.

14. profile image0
    Jeanastraposted 11 years ago
  15. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image93
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 11 years ago

Here is my thumbs up review of The Game of Life.  Enjoy.

http://glimmertwinfan.hubpages.com/hub/ … ame-Review

16. cofdqq8 profile image60
    cofdqq8posted 11 years ago

Puffy Eyes No More

Cold spoons, tea bags, ice and cucumbers...I have tried it all.  I would spend 30 minutes in the morning trying to de-puff my eyes just so I could look presentable.  I felt like I looked so old...afterall the eyes are window to the soul.

I was a woman possessed, I would not be stopped in my quest to halt the aging process.  I even started reading reviews on surgical removal of under eye bags.

Finally....I stumbled across Peter Roth's Instant Firmx Eye Cream.  It's not plastic surgery but it's the next best thing !  I put it on AFTER all of my makeup so that my eyes are left with a tight unpuffy appearance.  You cannot be heavy handed when you apply the cream otherwise it will look like you have dried white goob under your eyes.  A pea sized amount will do the trick.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

1. TNSabrina profile image59
      TNSabrinaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nice! Where can we buy this? Can we buy it at local stores or is it an online product?

2. cofdqq8 profile image60
      cofdqq8posted 11 years agoin reply to this

TNSabrina - I have only ever ordered it online....I bought it the last time from Amazon....it last's forever as a little goes a long way.

17. watergeek profile image95
    watergeekposted 11 years ago

Have you been wondering what kind of software to use for brochures, booklets, reports, and newsletters? This will help you compare MS Publisher with other popular desktop publishing software. read more

18. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

Am I disqualified since I wrote the hub and listed the link but didn't post it through here? (By clicking the write a hub button)

19. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

UGG boots have not only swept the continent but they're here and taking over.  They are comfortable, in style at the moment but are they all they are cracked up to be?  Are they good for your feet?  Why not read along and see what you think? read more

20. teaches12345 profile image77
    teaches12345posted 11 years ago

I find the lunchbox topics to be popular among parents these days.  I posted an article to help parents know what types of lunchbags, totes and containers are out there, what makes a good lunch meal, and how to pack one for safety and convenience. Here is the link: http://teaches12345.hubpages.com/hub/Ne … -Lunch-Box

21. profile image0
    GoldenThreadPressposted 11 years ago

I am all for practicality and because of this, I would like to offer my article/review on SCANPAN non-stick cookware. I know that this article may not be officially entered in the Rigorous Review Contest, but I still believe that readers might like to learn about these culinary/cookware "workhorses." Bon Appetit! http://goldenthreadpress.hubpages.com/h … ew-SCANPAN

1. profile image0
      GoldenThreadPressposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Here's my Hub why to buy a Nespresso CitiZ Espresso Machine. It's easy to use and clean and makes great espresso every time. Link: http://goldenthreadpress.hubpages.com/h … t-Espresso

22. renegadetory profile image59
    renegadetoryposted 11 years ago

I wrote the Hub: Delicious Alternatives to Milk

I wrote this because I have been lactose intolerant for close to 18 years now and have tried many, many different alternatives out there.  I know that lactose intolerance and milk allergies are quite common here in North America so I thought I would do a review for 6 of them in my Hub, including my own thoughts and opinions besides all the awesome information because I think lot's of people out there are looking for answers.

This is the link: http://renegadetory.hubpages.com/hub/Ne … es-to-Milk

Thank you so much!

1. tillsontitan profile image82
      tillsontitanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is a great, informational and comprehensive review!

23. Denise Handlon profile image86
    Denise Handlonposted 11 years ago

When it comes time to bake a cook needs the most efficient tool there is.  With the Pampered Chef mixing bowl you get everything you hoped for and more.  Read on to discover why. read more

24. Danette Watt profile image82
    Danette Wattposted 11 years ago

Red Rose Tea has a rich and mellow flavor that is great hot or cold. The 100-plus old company includes a Wade figurine premium in each box of tea. read more

25. elayne001 profile image79
    elayne001posted 11 years ago

Hawaii's favorite paid attraction is The Polynesian Cultural Center on the North Shore of Oahu It offers something for every one. It features seven Polynesian cultures in one place. read more

26. rosika profile image77
    rosikaposted 11 years ago

This is a review of wacom bamboo fun small graphic tablet. I have been using it for stylish handwritten touch, to draw sketches and doodles, for concept design or for any artwork. Read further to learn more about why do I use it, its features and pros and cons.. read more

27. tiffany delite profile image73
    tiffany deliteposted 11 years ago

my first (hopefully not only) submission...a practice review of sorts about the best bathroom cleaner EVER smile
    http://tiffanydelite.hubpages.com/hub/B … om-Cleaner

1. tiffany delite profile image73
      tiffany deliteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

couldn't submit another through the answer link...not sure if this one would count for the contest, but thought it worth a try smile
      http://tiffanydelite.hubpages.com/hub/M … Wichita-KS

28. Natashalh profile image72
    Natashalhposted 11 years ago

Oh, no! I didn't see this question when I looked at the contest page. Here's the link, though.

http://natashalh.hubpages.com/hub/Furmi … ding-Tools

I am in love with the Furminator because it has allowed me to reclaim my home from all the dog fur.

29. cocopreme profile image89
    cocopremeposted 11 years ago

Great ideas and information for using waterproof LED lights in centerpieces, with water beads, and even in drinks. Perfect for special events. read more

30. nifwlseirff profile image93
    nifwlseirffposted 11 years ago

A plastic-free kettle can protect you from BPA leaching into boiling water. An all metal kettle is a stylish addition to any kitchen! read more

31. cocopreme profile image89
    cocopremeposted 11 years ago

Water beads are great for decorating, watering plants, and even for kids activities and play. They look cool and are fun and easy to use. read more

32. daisydayz profile image85
    daisydayzposted 11 years ago

The Nikon SB-700 Speedlight Flash is the perfect flash for amateur and professional photographers alike. Perfect for portrait photography when your cameras flash just isn't quite enough. read more

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)