Goals and Resolutions for 2015

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 9 years ago

Out with the old
    In with the new
    What is your goal?
    Happy New Year to you!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12085870.jpg

1. colorfulone profile image79
      colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am going to make a resolution to love myself more in 2015. Because, I believe if I will do that, I will be able to love others even more.

Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

“If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy.” ~Kristin Chenoweth
        http://bobchoat.com/2013/07/26/true-lov … elf-first/

1. colorfulone profile image79
          colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Very nice quote by Chenoweth.
          And, that was a good read. Thanks for the link, Fox.

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years ago

Glad you started this one, WF!

If you're talking about HP, my goals are to continue tweaking content, to promote a bit (I have been remiss in that!) and to refresh my 'topics' indicators on hubs - I had forgotten those were even part of the system, and your post helpfully steered me to them!

Not sure if you want the other stuff I plan to do?

There are three New Year's Days in my country and the Gregorian Sylvester isn't one of them.  In fact I have a dentist appointment on January 1st, so it will be a day of Novocain not Champaign.

Anyway, I thought some people would have some inspiring goals for 2015 on HubPages (or otherwise). 

For me:  I would like to catch up on all the emails in my Writer Fox inbox. I'm about three months behind right now!

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

My goal this year is to finish paring down my online writing efforts and return to the real world.    One day it dawned on me - the whole point of giving up a high-paying job to write was to do something I love, even if it meant accepting a lower income. But I don't enjoy online writing that much, because it's not all about writing:   you have to put at LEAST as much time into  keyword research, SEO, promotion, email marketing, etc etc.  And quite frankly, all that stuff bores me to tears.   Given the choice between doing all that tedious drek and going back to my old job, I'd take my old job back in a heartbeat! 

I know a few people who love that side of online writing and good luck to them - it just doesn't work for me.

I've closed down most of my sites so  I'm now down to two affiliate websites which I'll keep as long as they're earning without any work; my HubPages account; a site for my web design work; and a marisawright .com site which I'll need if I ever get my novel finished.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Marisa - I'm glad you're not leaving HP - we would miss you! 

Had I bailed from a full-time job to write here, I'd be in a panic at this point. As with you, the whole 'online game' was one of my learning curves.  I don't enjoy that part of it, but I am thankful for this site, thankful for what I've learned here, and even more thankful for everyone I've met.

Traffic might come and go, and my writing may ebb and flow, but the community here will remain in my heart.

4. janderson99 profile image53
    janderson99posted 9 years ago

pump 'em out.
    see what happens

5. Dale Hyde profile image81
    Dale Hydeposted 9 years ago

My main goal for 2015 is to work on things that will improve the way others deal with reality. smile  Some may wonder why and how, but that is for me to know and for those others to come to terms with and learn as the opportunities come their way.

6. classicalgeek profile image82
    classicalgeekposted 9 years ago

I undertook a major project in the last part of November to keep people coming to my business website every day (I'm self-employed), and my goal is not to fall behind. (It's a database that will probably involve close to 10,000 records, with something to promote every day, so I'm setting that up to promote each year automatically. So far I'm working on February 12 and I have almost a thousand database records, so my estimate of 10,000 is not far off.) I plan on staying a month ahead of the current date but six weeks would probably be better if I can. After May the work will probably start tapering off but then I have ebooks to publish and video courses to design. smile

7. susi10 profile image96
    susi10posted 9 years ago

Get to 100 hubs.
    Hit payout every month.

Have a great New Year, everyone! big_smile

8. aesta1 profile image90
    aesta1posted 9 years ago

I need to edit some of my hubs and make them more worthwhile for people to spend time on. Then, I need to write new hubs. I am only a few months here  so I am just feeling my way.

9. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

I did so terrible with my 2014 resolutions that I'm not making any for 2015. Gonna be an interesting year though...

1. profile image0
      Snakesmumposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm with this!  I never make resolutions, because they never get kept!   :-)

Will TRY to improve my traffic and income on HP, but that's not a resolution.

OK, we won't hold you to it then.  But, I predict both of those things will happen for you in 2015.

1. profile image0
          Snakesmumposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks WF !    Certainly hope you're right.

I guess it is sort of a resolution, but it's something I need to do to improve my traffic and income!   :-)

10. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

Same as last year: Keep throwin' goofy stuff against the wall and hope that some of it sticks occasionally...

11. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Life is a war of attrition. And we all lose in the end.

1. janderson99 profile image53
      janderson99posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Fighting Entropy is a constant battle.
      Life is a revolt against the rules of Nature. Life is a paradox.
      The most basic rule of inanimate nature is that it tends toward equilibrium which is at the maximum of entropy (i.e. disorder) and the minimum of free energy. Maximum entropy means complete randomness, disorder. Life goes against this trend. The main characteristic of life is that it tends to decrease its entropy (builds and maintains structure and order). It also tends to increase its free energy. Life is made possible by order, structure, a pattern, which is the opposite of entropy. This pattern is our chief possession, it was developed over billions of years. The main aim of our individual existence is the conservation and transmission of this pattern and order. It takes energy and a constant resolve to fight against entropy.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Me thinks you dropped by my subdomain... big_smile

As for yours, 1,166 hubs is awesome!

1. janderson99 profile image53
          janderson99posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Fools never differ on Planet Water - http://www.ozh2o.com/h2life.html Something old, something blue.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
            paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Great minds think alike. big_smile

12. Heer Kaul profile image61
    Heer Kaulposted 9 years ago

My new year's resolution is in the image below and contact me to get more of these new quotes ...
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12089434_f1024.jpg

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good advice.
      I usually don't make resolutions but this year I decided to restart something I did a couple of years ago. It involves sorting, organizing, and downsizing the contents of ONE drawer, cupboard, closet or other storage space, per day.
      Last time I did this I got through two bedrooms, a bathroom and a linen closet-- it actually made a positive difference.
      This time I'm jotting down what is done each day on a big legal pad, with dates and locations. If a space is small-- like a drawer, I might do two or more. If it is large like a closet, I might do it a section at a time. The idea is to start at one spot in a room and clean out each space sequentially.
      Today I am putting away holiday decorations.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes! Second day of success. I'm heading toward a new record. smile

13. Justin McLean profile image80
    Justin McLeanposted 9 years ago

Better blogs... I haven't had time to write... more writing! better writing !

14. Beaddoodler profile image65
    Beaddoodlerposted 9 years ago

I need to learn more about Hub Pages and figure out why my Amazon ads show sometimes and don't at other times.  It's not the amount of words in the article per ad, as some have stated (I have one article that has 559 words so far and the Amazon module remains blank no matter what I do).  Then I need to write more hubs and promote, promote, promote.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The word count dictates how many Amazon capsules you're allowed to add to a Hub - it doesn't affect whether the products show or not. 

I'd say it's very likely you haven't set up your Amazon capsules properly.   How did you choose your products?   Have you entered your Amazon ID in your account or signed up for the HubPages Amazon program?

2. Writer Fox profile image31

If you have an ad blocker turned on, you won't see the Amazon ads.  If you put the title of that Hub here, I'll see if your ad shows for me.

15. Patrick Howes profile image60
    Patrick Howesposted 9 years ago

My goal for the new year is to get writing! I just started here at HubPages and want to continue to grow in this community. I hope to put out lots of new hubs this year. I also hope to get people to follow me, so I can grow my profile!

Please follow me!

16. stevemorgan1005 profile image67
    stevemorgan1005posted 9 years ago

For 2015, I would like to really dive into internet writing, and marketing. While I have  background in writing, and marketing, this is my first true attempt at building myself as an online writer.

Aside from hubpages, and online writing, I plan on diving into the bible on a deeper level. Seeing as how my first son is due in about two weeks, I also plan to do the best I can at being the best father I can be.

I hope to see you guys around the hub!

17. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image60
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years ago

My new year goals are to earn more traffic and earnings. I also wish to polish my writing skills.

18. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

Happy New Year, Fox and everybody.

My goals are to continue on with HP, doing the best I can. 
    Spruce up my web site and add an online store. (I have some crafts to sell).
    Pay more attention to my Blog.
    Be good to myself and get all medical needs taken care of.
    Finish my books and get them published.

Continue to be grateful for the friends I have met on HubPages.  smile

19. littlething profile image95
    littlethingposted 9 years ago

I'm going to try to write more. Not just on Hubpages, but also starting a novel. I'm also planning on going back to school in the fall, so I'm going to be squirreling away every cent I can spare.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)