Sharing my experience with others: Hubbers!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (40 posts)
  1. herrypaul profile image49
    herrypaulposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13123051_f520.jpg
    I have been a Hubber for 14 month, but I started to write Hubs about 3 to 4 month ago; my pageviews are 3200 more. I have written 12 Hubs so far; it's not easy to write them -I must think hard...very hard.
    And I do not know how The TeamHubpages views my Hubs: I do not know how Google Ads reviews my Hubs, because I get nothing so far; because Google Ads rejects my account three times.
    Writing is my hobby, but if you write to get nothing, what for? Perhaps I just write to my self, but if my Hubs are useful for others -I thank you.
    How about are you, Hubbers? What's your experience?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Just from what you wrote here I can see many problems.

You have not written enough hubs.
      Your use of proper English is limited.
      You have not been writing long enough to allow your hubs to mature on Google.
      You cannot get Adsense until you have proven that you write quality hubs and have enough of them.

Everybody here works hard to put articles on line, and only a few make any decent money doing it.  If you are unhappy, you either need to work harder, improve your work or leave the site.

1. Chriswillman90 profile image91
        Chriswillman90posted 7 years agoin reply to this

A bit harsh eh?

Your points are correct though, you get out what you put in. I think I had to write 22 quality hubs before I got accepted for Adsense. I feel bad for those who want to write but struggle with the English language. It's a tough road ahead in this market.

Hubpages has been good to me, I'm just about ready to explore different outlets (websites, blogs etc.) and my goal is to hit 500,000 views before my 2 years on here.

Why do you think this comment was harsh? It's the truth.  I would rather have someone give me the truth so that I can make corrections than piddle around with niceties and continue to fail.

2. herrypaul profile image49
        herrypaulposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Timetraveller2: That I need is: to share your experience, NOT CRITICISM!
        If you dislike my sharing, DO NOT COMMENT HERE! REALLY I DON'T LIKE YOUR COMMENT!

1. Solaras profile image95
          Solarasposted 7 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. SmartAndFun profile image92
          SmartAndFunposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately for you, herrypaul, what TimeTraveler2 has written is the truth. Google does not hand out AdSense accounts like candy to just anyone, as you have found out with your three rejections.

You might not like TimeTraveller's advice, but nevertheless it is good advice, and you should apply it.

Before trying again for an AdSense account, write at least ten more high-quality articles. In the old days, an account with ten total articles was acceptable, but these days it seems as though they are looking for at least 20. I use the word "seems" because Google does not divulge what they are looking for -- so I am going by comments other writers have left here on these forums.

Google is also looking for quality writing. Their advertisers pay them for ad space, and advertisers get mad and drop out of the program if Google is placing their ads on low-quality pages. This is why you must carefully proofread your articles, looking for spelling and grammar mistakes. They are also looking for high-quality photos or other illustrations, and they are checking to make sure they either belong to the writer or the writer is using them legally.

Once your account has about 20-25 in-depth, well written articles, with legally used photos, your AdSense account will likely be approved.

This is simply basic advice for anyone who wants an AdSense account. I have not looked at your articles at all; I am not criticizing you or your articles.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

To clarify:

Adsense will not even consider you until you have been a member for at least a month, and you'll need around 20 Featured Hubs. That's just a fact, not a criticism.  So TT2 is right, you haven't been here long enough nor do you have enough Hubs. 

Also, it takes time for Google to notice your Hubs so you can't expect much traffic at first. Again, that's not a criticism it's just a fact.

The only criticism is that your English is not good enough.  I haven't looked at your Hubs but it's obvious from your forum posts and Sue's critique that your English isn't of the standard required. HubPages is an English-language site and requires its writers to write like a native speaker. So you have a lot of work to do there.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

This was not criticism, it was the truth.  You clearly don't understand why things have not gone well, so I was simply pointing out some issues that most likely are the reasons for this.  Nobody likes hearing the truth, but in this situation, the truth can help you.  If you don't want to hear it and want to continue to have issues, that's on you!

As for your use of English...I am a retired ESOL teacher, so it was very obvious to me that you have problems there that can affect how well you do here.  Again...just another fact.

2. NatashaL profile image78
      NatashaLposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have been here not quite a month.  I have 13 Hubs (all featured on the first try) and haven't been accepted for AdSense yet.

But the thing to remember is, it takes time.  As the saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day."  It took planning and hard work. Writing one excellent Hub is better than writing ten mediocre ones.  It also requires more work.

Lately, it seems that more people look at HubPages as a way to make quick money.  As a result, some have even openly admitted that they rushed through a Hub just to get it out there.  Others have asked for advice to pass QAP, but then demand "easier suggestions" when they don't like the advice they get.  Situations like this are what HubPages and Google are probably trying to avoid. 

HubPages has high standards for English grammar and usage.  Many of the newcomers who visit the "Improving Your Hub" forum are not native English speakers.  As a result, their Hubs are littered with errors in English grammar and usage, causing confusion for readers.  As much as you may dislike the tone of TIMETRAVELER2's comments, he is right to tell you that improving your English can only help.  Many of us have written Hubs about English usage.  There are many helpful sites available for those who need help with English.  (I answer questions on the Oxford Dictionaries forums and sometimes on the UsingEnglish.com forum.)  Help is out there if you are willing to do your part to learn.

Go through your Hubs.  Compare them to Editors' Choice Hubs and see how you can improve your own work.  Even the best Hub writers have to go back and revise.  Writing isn't easy.  Don't be discouraged because it's difficult for you.

As Glenis remarked, many of us aren't going to make a lot of money, if any.  Besides being a creative outlet, writing Hubs is good practice.  It's a tangible addition to a job portfolio. 

Some things for you to ponder honestly:
      *  What are you hoping for?  Be realistic.
      *  How much effort are you willing to put in to reach that goal?

3. Rochelle Frank profile image92
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It is not easy: It is not fast.
      I have a college degree with a minor in journalism. Before starting on Hubpages, I had articles that were published in several print publications for pay. Still it took me almost two years to start earning here, and the requirements and competition have gotten harder since then.
      Do your best and keep learning. If you do that long enough you will earn, though it will be nothing like a full time job  at minimum wage, unless you are extremely lucky.
      Some people have done very well, some have even gained full time employment by showcasing their talent here, but as others have said-- it requires time, talent and hard work.

4. herrypaul profile image49

This forum has been closed! Do NOT Comment ANYMORE!
      THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS!

1. NatashaL profile image78

You do not get to dictate to the rest of us whether we may comment on this thread.

Several of us gave you advice and constructive criticism, and asked you to honestly consider what you are looking to gain from writing here on HubPages.  That advice was meant to be a reality check for you.

We tried to encourage you that writing isn't easy, and to not be discouraged if you have trouble with it.  Several of us have tried to explain to you that you are handicapping yourself if you don't improve your English.

You have responded by angrily telling us to stop commenting.  That is the wrong attitude to have.  Advice is given with the intent to help.  Essentially telling us to "shut up" shows that you are not willing to put in the effort needed to ensure that your Hubs are up to standard.

If you are unwilling to accept helpful advice, especially as it concerns your command of English, then don't be surprised when your Hubs fail QAP and don't generate traffic or revenue.

5. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree with all of the others advice. If you need help with your English, maybe you can put it on the forums and ask for help. Writers will often help you out. You do need to accept what they have to say in a gracious way and not get angry with anyone.It would be a great way to learn the English language better at the same time.

2. Glenis Rix profile image96
    Glenis Rixposted 7 years ago

I long ago gave up an expectation of making money from writing hubs. I do it because I enjoy writing, and because constructing a hub is a creative experience. Also - it's good practice for when I eventually get around to writing for a more lucrative outlet.

3. clivewilliams profile image73
    clivewilliamsposted 7 years ago

Write more hubs.....say a thousand good ones. Then you will make money

4. Chriswillman90 profile image91
    Chriswillman90posted 7 years ago

I've wondered what people considered doing well here meant? Is it making payout every month, is it writing a certain number of articles, or is there more to it?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

That's part of the problem - different people have different perceptions of what "doing well" means.

When I joined HubPages, people who were "doing well" were earning over $500 a month from their Hubs - I knew several who were earning more than $1,000 a month and a couple who were breaking the $2,000 mark.   Then Google Panda happened, and the site's earnings were decimated.

Now, I see people claiming they're "doing well" if they manage to make payout each month!

5. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 7 years ago

The amount of effort that you put in will dictate how much you can earn through Hubpages and adsense. I started my earning here on HP, but with the changes that have been made over the years what I earn here has drastically been reduced.

Earning on my own sites using the skills that I learned through HP and many of the friends that I have made here has continued to rise. I have many personal sites now and only work online. Some of my sites earn as much as $1000 a month..... So yes - you can earn still; but maybe not as effectively through HP as you would with your own sites - But this is still in my own opinion the best place to learn what to do...

6. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 7 years ago

Hi Paul,
    I note that you don't like criticism, but to be successful at anything one has to act upon useful advice / suggestions. Your article on Liberalism and Nationalism in 19th Century England is interesting and has good potential. That is why I took the trouble to do a thorough editorial job on it and here are my proposed corrections.

Key:
    Your words in red
    suggestions in blue

1. Your title is not written in proper English.
    "What does It happen England in 19th Century? It viewed From Liberalism and Nationalism"
    Change to:
    Liberalism and Nationalism in 19th Century England
    Or perhaps even better:
    The Emergence of Liberalism and Nationalism in 19th Century England
    2. First call out capsule reads:
    "What does It happen England in 19th century?"
    Change to:
    "What Happened in England During the 19th century?"
    3. First paragraph - Do not put anything in italics.
    4. It was stated that m (delete) Many middle-class men and women in European Countries, especially in England, carried through (delete)  effectuated specific liberal reforms. And equally important was the achievement of some form of national unity.
    5.  Men are not only as objects but also subjects and objects.(delete) Men are not just economic human beings, which focus continually  on how to live. Liberal culture is culture in which men are not always trade (delete) tradesmen and buyers, but have the right to speak or to reflect.
    6. The growth of liberalism occurred partly as a reaction to the conservative policies that (delete) adopted by frightened governments anxious to restore domestic and international order.
    7. The revolution of 1830 in France...
    b.t.w. the French Revolution began in 1789 and ended in the late 1790s.
    Change to:
    The French revolution in the late 18th century...
    8. They have an equally important and often more immediate objective to achieve of (delete) some form of national unity.
    9. One of the ways is an individual work of art -i.e., a work of art can translate into a national symbol. e.g., a painting (letter "i" missing), a song, a drama, ...
    10.  For (delete) Detailed information about a work of art you should visit! (delete) a link IS a visit
    11.  In addition to Wilkie Collins, women writers, (delete comma) of the nineteenth century such as: Emily Bronte, Charlotte Bronte, George Elliot, all they (delete) were the (delete) all pioneers of the emancipation  of the (delete) women. Their works for concern for (delete) concerning the experiences of human individuals (missing letter "s") transcended national boundaries.
    12. Repetition:
    Nationalism, derived from romantic notions of historical development and destiny, manifested itself in a variety of ways -i.e., an individual work of art, a painting, a song, a drama, or a building relates directly to the ideas of nationalism. (move this to No.9 above)
    13. This is the point of the concept of (delete) McNall Burns, Lerner, and Meacham. They (delete) emphasize that if the history of nineteenth century Britain and France can be studied against a general background of middle class liberalism,  that of (delete) then much of the rest of Europe during the same period must be understood in terms of a more complex combination of the forces of liberalism, nationalism, and nation building.
    14. We shall define nationalism as a sentiment rooted in broad historical, geographical, linguistics, or cultural circumstances. (Where will you do so? Is the article not finished, or do you mean):
    "We have defined nationalism as a sentiment rooted in broad historical, geographical, linguistics, or cultural circumstances?"
    In which case this sentence could be a part of your conclusion.

Magic formula for a good article
    1. Say what you are going to say = Introduction
    2. Say it = Content - Every paragraph or text capsule flows into the next.
    3. Say what you said = Conclusion

In General
    Don't make your titles too long. A title should consist of a few words that a prospective reader might type into a Google search.
    This tool will help you sort out your titles:
    https://moz.com/blog/new-title-tag-guid … eview-tool

Be careful not to write articles that are mainly a re-hash of copied content from other sources. Your content should have a unique perspective. This article is rather short. Make sure all the boxes are ticked in the "Need some Goals" box at the top left of you edit page.
    To make your article longer and richer in information, you could perhaps expand on No.4 above:
    "Many middle-class men and women in European Countries, especially in England, carried through  specific liberal reforms."
    Which men and women, when, how, what did they fight for and which laws did they specifically instigate?
    http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13124174.png

Your Profile Page
    1. Give readers a real sounding name
    2. Instead of a love poem, give readers some text about your credibility as a HubPages author. Look at other hubbers profiles and find a style that you like.
    You can also create additional, more topic specific  short bios for various hub categories using the "About The Author" tab on your stats page.

And lastly, you may have too many outbound links. Have as few links as possible within the content as they might lure the reader away from your page.
    I would only put reference links at the bottom of the article to justify the claims made therein.

Editing tips
    Just in case you don't already know this:
    Open two browser screens and place them side by side.
    Use the Ctr.F key to "find" the section you are working on.
    Now you can easily copy & paste corrections from one document into the other.

I hope you pursue this, Good luck...

wow.. very good opinion SueAdams!
      of course I like criticism, but I need some opinions in this forum.
      Actualy I want to change the title to be: Liberalism and Nationalism in 19th Century England, but I worry..it will affect the quality of the Hub; or it wil be duplicate! all my Hubs are featured. I have written two Hubs that considered to be duplicate and I do not know why?

1. Sue Adams profile image95
        Sue Adamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I noticed no-one replied to your concerns.

Sorry for the above corrections but this is why:
        When I moved to England, not speaking a word of English, it annoyed me that the English people were too polite to correct me. In the end I spent most of my time with children who had no qualms about telling me what I was saying wrong.

Don't worry...
        You can't change the URL, but that is not important. People look at your title, not the URL.
        In Edit mode you can change the Title and make the suggested corrections. It won't affect the quality of your hub, on the contrary, it will improve it. As for duplicating, you are not duplicating anything, just editing the same hub. I edit my own hubs all the time.
        It will be re-featured straight away, or it may take 24 hours. If the hub gets unfeatured,  email me: http://hubpages.com/@sue-adams#email
        and I'll look at it again.
        ... be happy. smile

You get that notice if a lot of the content in your hub appears elsewhere on the web. If you are not sure why it happened email Robin, one of the bosses, who is always very helpful. Include the URL's of the hubs in question in your message.
        http://hubpages.com/@robin#email

Happy hubbing

Good Idea for others on this thread and in future?

What about correcting English in forum posts as I have done above instead of just saying:
        "Your English is bad, go learn English" which is, speaking from bitter experience, not very helpful.

Sue:  Exactly where in this post did I say "Your English is bad, go learn
          English"?  Where exactly did I show any disrespect?  I think you're carrying this situation too far and not seeing what really went on here. 

This person has been here 14 months and only has 3 featured hubs, yet complains because he's not doing well.  The problem is not only his lack of language skills, the problem is his attitude!

I simply noted the problems as I saw them and advised that if the OP was unwilling or unable to work harder or improve his work, he would do better to write elsewhere.

"Just from what you wrote here I can see many problems.

You have not written enough hubs.
          Your use of proper English is limited.
          You have not been writing long enough to allow your hubs to mature on Google.
          You cannot get Adsense until you have proven that you write quality hubs and have enough of them.

Everybody here works hard to put articles on line, and only a few make any decent money doing it.  If you are unhappy, you either need to work harder, improve your work or leave the site"

Sorry TT, please don't take this personally. I didn't say that you said that. I meant it as a general amalgamation of the tone of most replies given to the o.p.
            I just feel, as a foreigner since age 3 who has lived in several countries, that indigenous people all too often feel superior to their foreign guests for the simple reason that those guests do not fully master the local language. Again, don't take this personally. It is a generalised comment arising from my own experience.

I agree with you that we are often wasting our time trying to help people who then ignore or reject our help. Must keep trying though... sometimes the help is used and implemented.

Peace smile

Sue:

I have a feeling this is aimed at me.  I don't feel that anyone here, including me, has tried to come across as superior to anyone else.  No one here said or implied that herrypaul is a bad person.  Nor has anyone suggested that ESL writers don't need help.  But I will not apologize for telling herrypaul that his response to constructive criticism was inappropriate, and that I thought it showed a lack of willingness to do everything he can to help himself.  (I had actually thought of asking Christy to erase one of my posts after I wrote it because it seemed harsh.)

I think that many of us would have been willing to give herrypaul advice about his Hub if he had posted in the Improving Your Hub forum asking for such advice.  It was not wrong of me or anyone else to insist that he be proactive in improving his English if he wants to be successful on HubPages.   Telling him and other ESL adults that they need to work on their English is not cruel; it's meant to help them understand part of what's keeping them from being successful here. 

If you look on the Improving Your Hub forum, you will see that TT and I try to help others like herrypaul who are not native English speakers.  I, for one, go to great depth in trying to help other new members identify and correct errors.  I am a former English teacher myself, so I do know that the language is challenging for even native speakers.  I've written several Hubs about English usage.  But after a while, it's time to say, "I've done everything I can.  Now it's your turn."

We seem to disagree on how much help to offer someone.  You suggested that, instead of advising ESL learners to improve their English if they want to succeed on HubPages, we should correct their English for them.  That may get that particular Hub to pass QAP, but what about subsequent Hubs?  If the person is not taking the time to learn and understand why this word is incorrect or that punctuation mark is correct, he/she will continue to make the same mistakes.  That is why I, for one, will continue to insist that herrypaul and other English language learners take time to learn everything they can about English grammar and conventions before writing more Hubs.  That is not cruel or disdainful.  Continuing to fail QAP sounds more discouraging to me than being referred to sites that could help me.

I will, however, apologize for overlooking herrypaul's question about duplicate information.  I haven't been on HubPages long enough to know how to answer that question, since I've never seen that warning before.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

Sue, I am surprised at you.  You are one of the champions of maintaining the highest standards for articles on HP.

How can you reconcile that stance with encouraging non-English speakers to write articles when they are clearly not fluent enough to do so?

You've given this particular Hubber a great edit on this one Hub, but he has several Hubs, all of which need major rewrites because of their poor English.  Unless you're going to edit every single one for him, he will go on writing more and more which are just as bad because he can't see his own mistakes.  How can that NOT be harmful to HubPages? 

There is a big difference between helping a foreign visitor learn the language, and giving them a job as a journalist on the basis that they'll learn as they go along..

We've all told him his English is not good enough YET to produce the standard HubPages requires.  That's just a fact.  The reason he's got upset about it is that (reading between the lines) he has a degree in English Literature and thinks his English is pretty good.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!!!

2. Sue Adams profile image95

You are right Marisa and TT, I usually report hubs written in poor English. And my first reaction was to do the same with this writer until I went to his profile and read that hub which I got interested in and subsequently edited.
            People were so busy telling him his English was bad, we failed to explain to him that editing a hub wouldn't be the problem that he was so worried about. Consequently, that hub has now been removed. I am hoping he will re-publish it including my edits.

His other hubs aren't quite so full of errors. I just read another of his hubs and it is of a much higher standard although not perfect either.

Well, didn't we all learn internet writing as we went along? You'll be surprised at how quickly some foreigners get the gist of English after a little guidance in the right direction. And as for helping foreigners being harmful for HP, I don't buy that. If a hub is substandard, it won't pass QAP so where is the harm?

Sue: Thank you for your help. I have pursued your corrections , I have edited some of my hubs, though there are three of them unfeatured now, but I do not mind!. you' re right: there are some of my hubs too short, why? because I do not have many references about them. And The Hub that you have given me some corrections is true, there are some mistakes, till you give me some corrections ( I realize that). It's not easy to write my hubs, because I only use my leisure times to write them, I do not use all my times to correct them.
              b.t.w. I like my profile like that. Sue, I have a bachelor's degree in english literature. I have studied grammar, syntax, and other disciplines, but I still find some difficulties. In fact, I join HP to practice english, not to get earnings -I know it's very few. Thanks Sue.

Hi Paul,
                There is nothing wrong or shameful about making mistakes. Making mistakes is the path to towards improvement. I'm glad you went along and re-published the hub including my suggestions. And you made it longer. Well done.

It's OK if you don't want to change your profile bio because you now have a specific topic related bio for the hub in the sidebar. So readers will only see the poem bio when they go to your profile page.

Sue: Thank you very much!

You see, I made a mistake here:
                    Making mistakes is the path to towards improvement.
                    "to towards?"  is a doubling up, innit (slang for isn't it)?

It should be either:
                    Making mistakes is the path to improvement.
                    Or:
                    Making mistakes is the path towards improvement.

We all make typing and editing mistakes. I'm always grateful when someone spots mine and tells me.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

But his Hubs DID pass QAP, and I've seen several recently where the English was definitely not up to scratch - which means I don't trust QAP to do the job.

Yes I had to learn how to write for the internet as I went along, but I knew how to write properly before I started.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

Sue:  This is an excellent example of an edit that can show others what they might need to do to repair their own hubs.  It was extremely good of you to do it, as I know how much time it must have taken.  I hope the OP appreciates your efforts, and also realizes that to have a pro do something like this would usually cost a bit of money.  He should be thankful, and you should be proud!

I am a teacher TT and cannot stop myself teaching because teaching is learning. For example, I had a feeling the French revolution didn't happen in 1830. So I had to look that up and now I know.

I also learned that you have to be extra respectful of people from different cultures. Paul seems a well educated and  passionate writer with something worthwhile to say. Just because he doesn't fully master the idiocies of English (I mean it, English is completely non phonetic and illogical) doesn't mean he is a bad person. People who are used to different  behavioral norms may indeed get put off by a whole bunch of negative responses to their queery.

I just wish they'd give us a <strike>  / <s> option in the format menu for replying to forum posts. It would make editing jobs much easier.

b.t.w. I was born in Budapest. English is my 5th language. So don't give up, Paul, if you are reading this.

Sue:  I also was a teacher, but I have found that, on this site, I could spend all of my time editing, which was never my reason for coming here.

I never said this person was bad, and do not feel that I disrespected him in any way.  I simply stated the facts.  When I responded, I did so without knowing that this person was someone who might view constructive criticism negatively.  In fact, I knew nothing about him.  I really don't have time to check the profiles of each person who comes to the forums or to try to analyze their situations.

We have many great writers here who are from other countries, but who  have takn the time to educate themselves linguistically before trying to produce English language articles.  Those who do this, fare quite well here and are highly respected.

As a former ESOL teacher I can tell you that people with language limitations already know that their skills are poor, which is a fact that always amazes me when I see them trying to produce articles here and then moaning about why they can't pass QAP. 

They may, indeed, be well educated and have interesting things to say, but the truth is that is is a site for people who have mastered the English language, such as yourself, well enough to be able to function successfully here.

I do not feel that I disrespected this man in any way, despite his negative reaction, but I can assure you and him of one thing. If he ever indicates that he needs help again, I won't be the one giving it to him.

Remember, too, that I am not the one who unfeatured his work.  The team did that, and judging from your edits, that's what needed to be done.

7. herrypaul profile image49
    herrypaulposted 7 years ago

LeanMan: amazing! Thank you for your opinion; and thank you Hubbers!
    I understand now. Many rumors that I read on the other sites, that's why I wrote this because I myself want to prove it.
    actually I do not depend my Hubs on earning because I have another activities. I just use my leisure times to write Hubs. As long as I know if we have an ads account; if we only write one hub and put it on line, we will get earning, but of course it's very few, but it's oke because we do not work hard. But if we do not have..of course we must work hard ( "doing well") to get earning.
    But believe it or not, sometimes "I do not understand", if I open my account on HubPages and see it on the computer (laptop); I do not find any ads on my pages, but if I see it on ipad, tap, or mobile phone, I find ads on my pages. I really do not understand.
    Do you Hubbers have the same experience with me? correct me if I am wrong?

I know that I have an ad blocker on my laptop browser, so I don't see any ads.  I don't have an ad blocker on my tablet, so the ads show up if I visit HP there.

Could that be why you don't see the ads on your laptop?

8. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

Well, THAT escalated quickly.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)