Fun facts about members of the HubPages Team. Get some!

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

Did you all know that Paul Deeds is quite an avid sailor? He's actually out on a sailboat as we speak...hopefully he has better luck than these guys:

http://static.flickr.com/21/90773360_3f3a3fbea8.jpg

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Let's have more input...must have input. We want to know more about the hub team celebrities.

2. profile image0
      shinujohn2008posted 15 years agoin reply to this

He is very Handsome

3. darkside profile image64
      darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Did you know that AC/DC wrote a song about him!

4. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, this is asking for some Photoshop action, for sure. smile

More HubPages Team fun facts coming soon...

1. gamergirl profile image84
        gamergirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh my god, you did not just throw that gauntlet down.

I totally played with Paul's facial features in photoshop for an hour last night trying to get it just right for splicing over the Skipper's face.

big_smile

haha!

Are you going to let us see?

2. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

You know, he kinda looks like the Skipper.

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ha!  You are kind of right.

3. gamergirl profile image84

He's got big....?

4. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

"Fun facts about members of the HubPages Team"

Is Paul "all the members of the Hubages Team" ? big_smile

(Well, its 5 days since you started this thread. Sad you couldn't find any more fun facts about any one else! sad )

Hey, there are plenty of fun facts to be passed around and considering that I've been in Las Vegas the past 4 days I'd say that we're right on schedule. smile

1. SunSeven profile image63
        SunSevenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile

In other words, "I dont know anymore"

2. dingdong profile image58
        dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Post more wink

5. gamergirl profile image84

Oh yes! I will upload what I've got when I get home, just gotta get the skin color right, and texture.. big_smile big_smile big_smile

6. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

Well, it's a little known fact that Larry watches, on average, 3 fantasy movies per week.

However, Maddie actually has seen certain fantasy movies many more times than Larry has.

Four words for you: Lord of the Rings. smile

http://images.moviecollector.net/scaled/97/97_35566_0_TheLordOfTheRingsTheFellowship.jpg

7. DJ Funktual profile image76
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/JRR-Tolkiens-Th … -Companion

This is for you Maddie assuming you read the books too.   

Hey Ryan, what's up with you? 
    I write to you, no response.
    Reply to your threads, no response.

Don't make me sic Maddie on your ass! 

You've been here this long and you haven't been checking out the FUNKYest HUBS around?

Hmmm, looks like I just might not like you? What's up with that?

Or, maybe Maddie told me to stay far, far away from you? Nah, she's way too nice.

Ok, to tell you the truth I'm not totally sure about the messages that you're referring to(resend?)  and I swear I'm doing my best to keep up with your FUNKYfresh forum replies and UBERhawt Hub posts...I'll catch up sometime.

But in the meantime, here's a hug to make you feel better. smile

http://api.ning.com/files/e*7*djd*SPxY7E1t3BRYVKhwLkTPuT*aK2o0xm88UECFLJ9VOCTRtZbB5335zWmecx1uD2PtYfLRoKvKtCwD9fXvRQVQam9G/hug.jpg

8. DJ Funktual profile image76

Ahh the power of hugs.  I re-sent it

it was about the overload of email alerts in my inbox.

When are you guys gonna fly me in to SF and hire me full-time.   

Seems stupid not to.

Plus then I can get all my hugs in person.   I bet Maddie hugs are ooey gooey!

Ahhh, ok - I'll check it out.

Only a matter of time, I'm sure. smile

You have NO idea.....

9. gamergirl profile image84

I want Maddie hugs!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image71
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Come to San Francisco, Charlotte.  You'd fit right in!

1. gamergirl profile image84
        gamergirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh boy do I wish I could right now.  big_smile I bet Hup makes things crazy out there!

DJ - you back up, boy.. I'll take a lighter to your CD tower!

10. DJ Funktual profile image76

Get back!  Those Maddie hugs are mine!

11. Maddie Ruud profile image71
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

As flattering as all of this is, I have to say there are enough Maddie-hugs to go around.

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

YAY!!!  I don't get a lot of hugs, these days. Still trying to figure out why.

Maybe it's the pokey antlers.

12. gamergirl profile image84

Well that's true, but then how can DJ and I lead up to an epic duel of music and bad white kid dancing to fight for the chance to hug you once?  tongue

You were going to duel without me?  Now I feel left out.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You are the prize. How can you feel left out? smile

I want to duel too!  Especially where hockey sticks are involved.  Hockey is the only sport I can really get excited about.  I played field hockey myself.  Not enough ice in California.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
            Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I played field hockey as a kid, but you need to watch some rugby smile

2. DJ Funktual profile image76
        DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This is grrrrreat!

13. gamergirl profile image84

The lead-up would have looked something like this..

http://www.onfrozenblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/hockey_polar_bears.jpg

14. gamergirl profile image84

I'm a novice at hockey myself, never played anything more than street hockey and even then was only a game or two..

15. gamergirl profile image84

That was my thought!  I'd hug Evilpants anyway - if he wouldn't shiv me in the spleen while I gave him nuzzles.

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
      Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Don't trust him, Charlotte!

16. desert blondie profile image56
    desert blondieposted 15 years ago

After being away from city by the bay since Apriln2005, I got to go back (Berkeley) for two weeks!!!! Except for the fog and cool weather I didn't get to have any fun though, boo hoo, helping my ill sister take care of herself and her kids. But sure thought a couple of times about how close I was to the hubpages team!!! Do I get any brownie points for that?

mmmmm...brownies.

Thanks, blondie - you just reminded me that it's time to go grab some lunch.

Subway, here I come! smile

2. Maddie Ruud profile image71

I was born and raised (for the most part) in Berkeley!  I'm picturing you in all my usual haunts... Hang out on Telegraph at all?  You probably walked right by the tattoo shop where I had all my ink done.

1. desert blondie profile image56
        desert blondieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Spent almost all my time for recreation on Solano Ave. in Albany. Helping my sister move down the hill from Kensington.

17. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years ago

What's up no more juicy fun fact about the hub-team-celebs? I'm disappointed...zs

18. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

Brownies?

So when we visit headquarters you provide brownies?  Nice.

19. gamergirl profile image84

MADDIE!

I was born in the Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Berkeley!

I was born at Kaiser, too!!!  It's technically in Oakland, but it's right on the border wink  Are you ever coming back to the Bay, if only to eat brownies with the HubPages team???

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
        Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm jumping into the party, but I wasn't born in Berkeley or Oakland.  I was born in San Pablo, which isn't far.  Born and raised a Contra Costa County girl.

I am super excited about moving back to California next summer...probably San Francisco.  I moved away in 1999, coming back in 2009.

20. gamergirl profile image84

Well, I could always just save up my Adsense checks for a ticket to see you folks.  I totally mean it, I haven't seen that area since I was about eight years old, so it's about time I think.

Though, I'm almost scared - Paul Deeds, he's so serious looking! LOL

21. DJ Funktual profile image76

Haven't been to SF since the summer before senoir year in HS.   1988 -Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz, but I'll bet Maddie hugs and (funky) brownies are much cooler.  If I ever get rich, I'm gonna walk in to HubPages unannounced with a BIG OLE BOOMBOX on my shoulder!

22. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

Not born in California, but I live in Contra Costa County and work in Oakland.

23. Lifebydesign profile image63
    Lifebydesignposted 15 years ago

I'm so far away from you guys its not funny! But if anyone ever comes to Australia let us know- we have brownies, AND blondies!

24. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

Marian, we will be semi-neighbors in a year then.

Life, you bet!  When I plan my trip to Australia some day, your brownie & blondie station will be on itinerary.

25. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

Cool, Stacie!

You'll find the traffic is every bit what you remembered ...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)