Austinstar profile image 76

List ways to STOP immigration to USA (aside from building an airtight dome) How would YOU limit it?

No president or army has EVER prevented immigration to the USA (much to the detriment of the Native Indigenous People of this land). Trump's wall isn't going to stop drones, airplanes, hot air balloons, or tunnels. Deportation of millions isn't going to happen either. So what are some actual, feasible ways to limit immigration to the USA and protect our VAST borders? Can you come up with some REAL ways to tackle this issue? HINT - MOST immigrants are from Europe!

Old Poolman profile image81

Best Answer Mike (Old Poolman) says

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 9 months ago

It appears that sanctions on employers are not working. And most immigrants (legal) are coming in from Europe. We need to find a solution soon. It's the only thing I agree with Trump on - a moratorium on ALL immigration (not just Muslims).

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 9 months ago

Employers have responsibilities under immigration law during the hiring process. The employer sanctions provisions, found in section 274A of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), were added by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1996.

Tusitala Tom profile image90

Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 8 months ago

Excellent answer! At least some people understand the issue! Maybe these suggestions will take root somewhere and eventually this kind of thinking will prevail.

RJ Schwartz profile image92

Ralph Schwartz (RJ Schwartz) says

• lovemychris profile image

Leslie McCowen (lovemychris) 8 months ago

I just found out that a man I worked with for years is here illegally.Should I report my old boss for letting him work for him?Should my old boss be in tent city, too?We'd need a whole city just for employers who use illegal labor.Or do we slap?

Billrrrr profile image90

Bill Russo (Billrrrr) says

• lovemychris profile image

That last sentence is absolutely correct. If not for USA, many people would simply suffer and die. And given that our military/business fingers are in every little pie-we are the cause of a lot of the desperation that sends people here.Not all, a lot

Misfit Chick profile image93

Catherine Mostly (Misfit Chick) says

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 8 months ago

Yes, they are coming here to better themselves. We are a great country :-) But, i do contend that these people should work where they are and strive to better their own country! We need a better world!

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 9 months ago

Mexico's southern border is quite small compared to ours. And yet, central americans still get in to Mexico. The Belize/Quintana Roo border is practically non-existant. And Cuba is only 30 miles from the unfenced peninsula. So, what wall?

chasmac profile image99

chasmac says

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 8 months ago

I wonder how many Native Americans would say that immigration is a good thing? You could still have all the Jimi Hendrix you want, he doesn't need to live in England. The weather is bad here too. No it isn't win win at all.

lions44 profile image95

CJ Kelly (lions44) says

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 8 months ago

Did you miss the part on the map that shows the bulk of immigrants come from Europe? And Asia is close behind that. Mexicans are moving back home in droves. The USA is NOT the "open house" of the world, or it shouldn't be.

lovemychris profile image81

Leslie McCowen (lovemychris) says

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 9 months ago

I would prefer to see some serious solutions here. I know it will never happen, but I might write about it.

jobsmart profile image73

job (jobsmart) says

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 9 months ago

Why should we do that? We can't even protect and support our own citizens?

days leaper profile image51

days leaper says

22

peter565 says

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 8 months ago

There is no test to tell whether someone is a "good" immigrant, or a "bad" one. The point is to WORK FROM HOME! The grass is NOT greener in another country and we are not nomads anymore.