MY hubber score is down - I am really upset today

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (63 posts)
  1. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

I have gone through everything each and every bit of detail on hubpages regarding hubber score, even deleted 8 least performing hubs and checked malicious links, broken links, checked any hubs for more than 2 links to one domain, and checked copied hubs section, filed DMCA complaints, then also my hubber score is dropping down since last 15 days. I do not know why it is happening and I am upset.

Just because this thing has not happened with me in the last three years with hubpages. I published my first hub in October 2007.

Is there anyone who can take me out of this dilemma? Tell me where I am wrong. Why my hubber score is getting down.

Yesterday it was 86 and now it is 84, one week back it was 90, two weeks back it was 94.

It is also not like that someone is rating my hubs down. I am getting the a good amount of traffic from top search engines, got more than 1000 followers, also affiliate earnings are improving day by day but my hubber score is going down and I am very much concerned about this.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Soni, surely you've been here long enough to get HubScore into perspective.

1. katiem2 profile image60
        katiem2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mine went down three points from last night, it happens to me all the time and I don't worry about it.  I may not be the most popular hubber but I concentrate on good content and extend kind and positive comments to fellow hubbers.   

It's no measure of a writers true skills!  Peace smile

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That has happened to a few of us from time to time.  It has usually fixed within a couple days if not sooner.  Don't worry it will go right back.  At least I am pretty sure it will. 

Last summer a bunch of us woke up to scores that said 15!  That almost stopped my heart. lol.  big_smile

2. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Soni, have you emailed the HubPages team to see if there is a specific problem?

I'm sure that your hubscore will go back up, and look you have lots of traffic, lots of followers and are a well-liked and respected Hubber - more important than a random number stuck on your picture.

Chin up and have a nice cup of tea.

soni2006posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much CMHypno for helping me out with your comment. I have been having some mood swings these days and some negative feelings. I need to recuperate and give myself a break. I have emailed hubpages after reading your advice. Also, I think I have got the clue why my hubber score is down and I will start working out towards getting rid of this problem. I want to shoot up to 100 again as I did twice a few months back.

Thanks again for your support and kindness.

3. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Sorry to hear you are feeling down about your score soni, I hope you figure out the problem soon and take a well deserved break. smile

Thank you so much for your support wrenfrost. Yes I will take a break but after sorting out this issue. I need to work a little more right now.

4. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 14 years ago

my hubscore is also going down, without any apparent reason sad

1. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I think there is a very clear reason.  Take a look at the first bullet point listed under this entry,

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

5. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 14 years ago

Hello Soni - I can well imagine how you feel, even if some do tell us that Hubber Score isn't so important.
    Hope things improve, and I'd be interested to know what caused the drastic fall. You do have some great Hubs.

Thank you Jayne. I am positive now. Some hubbers have emailed me personally regarding this and I have some clue. Will let you know about the results in one to two days.

6. profile image0
    Miss Takeposted 14 years ago

it's not going to help me saying does it really matter, as to you it is very important.  Maybe too important, i never even notice what mine is.....  do not expect too much of yourself, do not try to attain the unobtainable. 

This has always been a problem on hubpages, not your problem at all.........

Keep smiling, i must get round to reading your hubs again, i remember the detail you put into them, even tho it was sometime since I read them.

Cheers, enjoy your day.

Thank you Miss Take. I am glad that you found my hubs interesting enough to read.

7. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

Sorry to hear that Soni.  Maybe you do need to take a little break.  Sometimes when I am inactive on Hubpages for a couple of days I come back to find my score is 99 or 100! I find  it funny because I hadn't amde any comments, written a  hub, or even read a hub!  Plus if you are finding yourself stressed then definately take a break! Hubpages is supposed to be fun!

Yes I have found that too. Thanks for reminding me about that. I need a break. I agree I am a hub addict and Hubpages is a fun place to share our views.

8. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

I wish sometimes that Hubpages would remove these scores pinned to our profile altogether! All I know is it causes unnecessary worry to lots of people here, and trust me it's easier to say 'I don't care',  but when your score jumps from somewhere in the 90's to early 80's, anyone would start questioning it's volatility.

Just know Soni, your hubs are amazing and that this score is a poor judge of a hubber's merit. Some of my favorite writers here have scores that never go beyond 85, but that doesn't make them any less special!

Email HP team your concerns, and then go for a nice refreshing walk in the open...I'll soon drop by and read a hub of yours too! take care and just keep doing your best...! smile

Thank you so much myownworld. You are a kind person always. I have emailed the HP team about this. I think I am lacking somewhere right now and I will definitely work hard to overcome it. I have to work it out. Might be possible that this problem has something in store for me, a good thing I think. At least, after this happened to me I am able to know that how many friends of mine love my work as I love theirs. Together we will grow.

2. katiem2 profile image60
      katiem2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said myownworld, whats in a hubscore anyway.  Just like it's not the clothes you wear but the man who's in them smile smile smile smile smile

9. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Score varies. As long as you're doing what you're supposed to and are actively participating, then that's all you can do.

Give useful comments, participate in forums, answer questions, post hubs.

If your hubs are below standards, spam, overly promotional, etc. your score will likely show that.

10. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Soni, I looked at some of your Hubs and noticed a couple of things.

One - it seems like you write about quite a lot of subjects which you probably know little about.  Are you sure you're using your own words enough?

Two - I believe irrelevant tags ,and over-use of tags are penalized.  I noticed on some of your Hubs you have some really vague tags, and sometimes you have too many. Maybe try reducing those.

I have trimmed my tags to 15 on one group of hubs and that is Aircrafts. I will check in five hours and see what is the response. After I find something positive, i will trim tags from all my hubs which have too many of them. Thanks for the advice.

11. soni2006 profile image76

Thank you so much Whitney and Marisa for your feedback. I will definitely take your feedbacks seriously and amend my hubs. I think the first thing is to erase unwanted tags. I think I have many of them on my previous hubs. I did not get much time to revisit those but I need to. I think 15 relevant tags per hub is fine. What do you say?

I am writing on a lot of subjects and topics and I do this after understanding them. Yes, I am using my own words to describe these but at the same time, I agree with the idea of writing on something which is on your mind and is in your own words every time.

12. rebekahELLE profile image82
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I tend to agree with MOW. these scores go up and down constantly.
    mine dropped 5 points in a matter of hours yesterday. I don't know why and realize it is just a number.

the only thing I thought about while looking at your hubs is the sheer volume of hub scores that probably fluctuate, going up and down also. you have a lot of hubs and the average score of the total may be changing with more or less views.

I'm sure someone at HP staff will be happy to help you if you send an inquiry. I think your hubs look pretty amazing, surely a lot of time and work!

smile

Thanks a lot Rebekah. I am waiting for a response from hub team. If I am wrong somewhere, I need to correct but I just need some guidance which I am getting from all of you.

13. prettydarkhorse profile image60
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Cheer up Soni, I hope yopu feel better after sometime, your case is bothersome but then I know your hub score will take off again, as you are constantly providing output, and your hubs are presentable and decent!

Yes it's improving now pretty. It's two points up already. I am glad now. Thank you so much.

14. soni2006 profile image76

My hubber score is up - I am happy.

Thanks a lot to all my friends who helped me via emails, forum posts, and comments at the time when I was really upset. I will keep on writing and not let myself down again.

Cheers.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow..u r back in 90s...m sure u wuld get 100 again...

Tanks a lot Pisean.

15. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

95 now Soni. A great hubberscore!

Thank you CM

16. KeithTax profile image72
    KeithTaxposted 14 years ago

There is only one way to deal with a declining hubscore, write more hubs, lots of them. Pound out three or so a day until your fingers bleed, your Hubscore goes up, or your affiliate income skyrockets.

Truth: Your fingers will not bleed, but you will get more traffic because you will have more hubs. This means more money from affiliate programs. The extra money will get you so excited you will stop worrying about your Hubscore and start thinking about where to invest all that extra money.

Then you will write more hubs. The circle of online life. (Kinda like th Lion King in a virtual world.)

Nice advice Keith.

17. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Soni, you are a good writer - no need to kick yourself in the butt smile  My score has been tanking, but it is because I haven't been writing at all!

Thank you Jane. I had been kicking a lot in the past that's why my butt is sore. I have written down your advice on my mind. My butt is feeling better now. Thank you so much friend.

18. Jen's Solitude profile image87
    Jen's Solitudeposted 14 years ago

Soni I was surprised to read your original post, but glad to see your score is back up to its "normal" range. I have always found your hubs full of information which shows your personal understanding of the diversified subjects you write about.

I understand the confusion with the scoring. I fluctuate greatly. I notice when I publish 2 hubs close together my author score reaches 100 or very close to it, but if I let just 1 week go by, it can easily fall down to 93, then back up to 96 then back down to 93.  I have come to realize this is a normal pattern for me now, even though I don't understand it.  Still, I always feel better when it levels off at 96 and sits there, I guess it gives me a feeling that I have established a pattern.

Anyway, keep up the good work, I hope you have figured out the glitch and your score stays within its normal range.

19. Harlan Colt profile image81
    Harlan Coltposted 14 years ago

Wait....

Our hubs have scores?
    And they are directly related to how sore your butt is?

I thought it was from sitting in this seat too long.
    I had no idea...

Just kidding, glad you're happy again.
    - Harlan

I think you are right. I never thought about that. Butt being sore from sitting too long. hhaaaaahhahaa

It's totally logical. Even the back and neck hurt many times.

Thanks for the reply though.

1. CYBERSUPE profile image61
        CYBERSUPEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just remember Soni, God still Loves You.  With all the help on this subject that you received, you should be feeling very good.

Yes I am feeling good Cybersupe.

20. MissE profile image77
    MissEposted 14 years ago

I'm addicted to checking my hub score!  It ticks me off when it goes down too!  LOL!  I have yet to hit 100, so it's awesome that you have done it!  Looks like your score is inching it's way back up there.  Good luck! smile

Yeah I did it a few months back. At that time, my score always remained in 96 to 99 range. I don't know how. Actually hubpages will never reveal the score system because then it will be possible for anyone to game with the system (according to what they say). Okay, new probs. Let's do what we are supposed to do.

By the way, thanks MissE for your support.

21. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 14 years ago

I am really proud of you soni. Aim for the perfect score.

Best Regards smile

Thank you SunSeven.

22. blackreign2012 profile image59
    blackreign2012posted 14 years ago

When you focus on the traffic and your hubscore; it will drive you nuts. Just come to the hub release your creativity and let it go where it does. Writing is not about scores. It's about the journey. The writers' and most importantly the readers. I come to the hub to moderate my comments thats it. I post my work and keep it moving. I also read others hubs and comment (fyi that can generate traffic too if thats what you seek) I think its good for a writer to read others works and points of view. I was here a week and learned something about a disease I knew nothing about before. The hub is more than a score its a place where creativity reigns and like minded mature ppl can come together and share stories and ideas. Almost a virtual utopia if you will. So don't pressure yaself it will come as it is supposed to May The Creator keep you safe ~hugs~

23. Internetwriter62 profile image80
    Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

I can see your hubber score is up again today (today you're a 94) and I'm glad, because I know that you work extremely hard, you are very prolific writer. You do participate in Hub Pages. So if anyone deserves a high hubber ranking, it is you. I'm sure that was a momentary fluke. Judging from your score today, they realized that you are a valuable member of Hub Pages and your scores are now where they should be. I hope to see you getting your 100% ranking soon. keep up the good work Soni2006.

24. mrshravanc profile image59
    mrshravancposted 14 years ago

Superb !!!
    Good work

25. soni2006 profile image76

Thank you so much blackreign2012, Internetwriter62, and mrshravanc for your concern and support. I visited hubpages forum today after 3 or more days as I was busy with trimming down my keywords. I think this lowered hub score last week has been beneficial for me as I have changed my strategy now. I have not published a single hub in last three days but I have increased my total page impressions up by 10% with trimming down keywords. I admit I was at a fault, "some keywords on my old hubs when I started are vague and some too many" as told by Marisa above. Now I am just using my brain on how a person searches for something and using those tags or keywords in my hubs and this has been improving the overall traffic to my hubs.

I will come up with more details when I will gain more success. I thank you all of you for your support, guidance, love, and appreciation. We must always take feedback in a positive manner if it is useful for us. I am getting benifitted just because of this feedback or I would have been just kept on publishing more and more hubs for the hubchallenge. I need to slow down and also concentrate on my past work done.

26. Ajitan profile image53
    Ajitanposted 14 years ago

Hope your hub score goes up! This post opened my eyes to your hubs and now I'm glad to be your follower.

Thanks Ajitan.

27. satyam211 profile image33
    satyam211posted 14 years ago

hello soni, hubscore is real concern for the hubbers as it goes down , because if hubscore is constantly falling it can end to a bann to ur hub a.c  , like happened to many, so avoid excessive and irrelvant tagging to drive traffic, i have written around 300 hubs but all in vain, so hubscore is a big concern

You are right Satyam.

28. brettb profile image59
    brettbposted 14 years ago

My main account got to 97 the other day, but now I fluctuate between 92 and 95. I don't know what boosted me so much but I have a feeling revenue generated by your hubs helps a lot.

I think so breattb.

29. profile image0
    eternaltreasuresposted 13 years ago

Just relax. If your hubscore went down, so is mine and everyone else....just do your best to keep it up. Frustrations can teach you in a positive way!

30. JoshuaBlack profile image60
    JoshuaBlackposted 13 years ago

Don't worry so much about the scores. That is not what is making you the money on your posts. It's all about creating content that readers want to see and networking with people so that you will get more readers.

-Joshua Black

31. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I see no point in worrying.

I see the average of my hubs go up, see several answers get plussed up, attracted a few more followers, added a half dozen comments, did a bunch of Hopping and rating and flagging  and on the very same day my overall score drops a point!

On another day my average of hubs drops a point, i get voted down because somebody didn't like my one answer for the day, I didn't read or comment on anything else, did no Hopping at all and the darn thing goes UP a point!

Obviously whatever controls this is fickle and unpredictable so I stopped paying attention.  It's a number.  As other folks have said, if it's over 75, you are fine.

32. gregory hub profile image53
    gregory hubposted 13 years ago

Hub scores don't show how awesome you are.  Your content its self does.

33. mathewshower profile image58
    mathewshowerposted 13 years ago

You think your hubscore is bad? Mine's a 1 and I can't figure out why.

1. bryansonners profile image59
      bryansonnersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That sucks dawg you spamming?

2. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am going to guess from the titles that most of your hubs link in some way to the Riverside Fitness Club.  That will get you flattened for being overly promotional.

1. frankdekelli profile image59
        frankdekelliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah yeah!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)