A good external traffic %

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (28 posts)
  1. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

Hi,

Just a quick question. I realise that hubpages traffic is worth very little $$$ and external traffic more specifically search engine traffic is worth more $$$. What do people think is a good ration of hubpages to external traffic?

Thanks in advance

1. nicomp profile image62
      nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why is hubpages traffic worth very little?

2. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Personally I'd opt for 100% search engine traffic to 0% HP traffic.

At the moment I'd say at least 70% of my traffic is coming from search engines.

3. dipless profile image68

70% at moment as a new hubber i am on 28%, gotta start promoting them more

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Instead of thinking in percentages, I'm thinking in absolute numbers. My new goal and obsession is to reach 10,000 google visitors in 30 days.

1. rancidTaste profile image63
      rancidTasteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great.... I also wish so....

5. dipless profile image68

wow 10k in 30 days that would be an achievement, good luck with that. I have had about 100 in 6 days so i am actually quite happy with that but jsut wanted to have an idea of good figures

6. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I think ambitious big goals make life more fun. Dipless, you are doing very well for being so new. You're off to a good start.

7. BristolBoy profile image63
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

For me less than 25% from Hubpages.  But as Nelle says it depends on traffic as much as percentages.

8. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Only 8.3% of the overall traffic to my Hubs comes from HubPages

9. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 14 years ago

It will depend largely on what the topic is about.

I just published a hub on HubPage Fan Clubs. I'd be surprised if I get any outside traffic.

My other hub topics will have a higher percentage of outside traffic. 100% would be impossible, but the more traffic you can get from Search Engines the higher the quality the visitor will be (in terms of clicking on ads and making actual purchases).

10. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Darkside is right. Hub topics and content that are focussed on hubpages draws more traffic from hubpages, and hubs focussed on getting other traffic will do just that if they are well written and have plenty of room for ads.

11. dipless profile image68

Thanks for all the great replys guy's is good to hear what other people are achieving gives you somthing to strive for! I appreciate that different hubs will produce different levels of external traffic...now it's just finding those topics which produce the most clicks wink Thanks again all for the replys.

12. DonnaCSmith profile image81
    DonnaCSmithposted 14 years ago

Mine is about 24% hubpages and 75% outside.

13. BristolBoy profile image63
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

Because peopel coming from within Hubpages are generally a lot less likely to click on Adsense or purchase through eBay and Amazon capsules within your hubs.

14. aniketgore profile image61
    aniketgoreposted 14 years ago

50-50 almost

15. ocbill profile image53
    ocbillposted 14 years ago

70% traffic from search engines sounds good. 10 to 20% direct traffic is good too from ezines

16. HealthCare Basics profile image61
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

I was disappointed with traffic views during the first  couple of weeks here, but in the last 10 days I have had nearly a 1000 views, about 30% from hubbers and the rest from the outside. It has boosted my morale to get more hubs out there.

17. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Hubpages traffic doesn't mean the person is a member on Hubpages. Outside Traffic almost 100% guarantees there not. The good thing about other authors reading your work is:

1. Someone likes it so far, maybe others will.
    2. They can leave comments and tips.
    3. They may link to your Hub from one of theres if there is any relevance.

~thranax~

1. dipless profile image68
      diplessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very true and all good points smile Think you need a mixture of the both! Thanks again for all the replys lots of food for thought.

18. HealthCare Basics profile image61
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

thranax,

Thanks, I don't quite understand the linking part you mention in #3.

1. Dame Scribe profile image58
      Dame Scribeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Highlight a word .. I usually use * --> here.* and set a link using the chain icon (pic on toolbar) and paste the URL in the pop up menu. Hit save and you're set. big_smile hope that helps.

19. Herald Daily profile image58
    Herald Dailyposted 14 years ago

Almost all of my traffic is organic, but I haven't built up much of an HP presence yet, nor do I have a ton of hubs to this point.

20. kblover profile image85
    kbloverposted 14 years ago

I must suck - according to the reports - I would say 95% is from hubpages sad

21. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

KB, you don't suck, you've only been here half a dog's watch. It takes time to get external traffic.

22. Kidgas profile image64
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

I have 44% of my views from hubpages and the rest external.  Don't know if that classifies as good or not, but I am certainly satisfied.

1. soni2006 profile image77
      soni2006posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi kidgas. Do you know that's really good on your part if you are getting 56% views from external resources.

For me, I am receiving around 72% of my views from external sources including search engines and the rest 38% internally from hubpages.

One more thing to note is that whatever percentage of traffic you are receiving from hubpages, it is also good for you because it might be possible that a person is visiting hubpages from any external links such as google or other sites and then visiting your hubs so that means you have posted good quality hubs which are also ranking very well internally......

23. johnr54 profile image48
    johnr54posted 14 years ago

I get about 5.5% of my traffic from Hubpages.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)