Any other Red-Gagers here?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Dorsi profile image86
    Dorsiposted 12 years ago

I have been a member of RedGage for over 2 years but have not been very active until a month ago. Part of not being on there more was I had a crappy computer. Now I have lots of memory to upload photos and quickly posts links. I have been noticing that some people there have made some serious money - like over $7,000 in 2 years. Looks like a great place for us artsy types and another good place for us writers to network.

Can we use this thread to find each other there? I've already found some hubbers but I know there are many more I'd like to friend.

Here is my RedGage link:
    http://www.redgage.com/Dorsi

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've been there about two years, made less than $100. Traffic and monthly earnings do seem to be increasing a little, but it's still less than $5 a month - I tend to simply use it as another back-link, although I don't see a great deal of traffic to HP from there.

I'm http://www.redgage.com/SimeyC on there - just sent you a friend request.

2. Jlbowden profile image86
      Jlbowdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HI Dorsi:

I just came across your forum post about redgage. I have been a member for less than a year now.  And am not very active on the site at all. Was in the beginning, but have not checked in lately to the site. Occasionally I post a few pet and other personal photos I have taken in the past and do earn from them. But nothing to write home about. Take care.

Jl

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

I threw up links just because I see it as another way of getting traffic. Redgage ranks well in *some* searches, which means more traffic to my original content. Plus a few cents extra for 30 seconds trouble.

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

I was keen for a while and wrote a hub on Redgage.  I am lukewarm now.  Early on, you get extras awarded if you are active, I got a $25 dollar prize and numerous $4 features.  Now I'm relying on the few cents/day payments which doesn't give me much incentive.  I still use it but I am not an enthusiast.

4. Dorsi profile image86
    Dorsiposted 12 years ago

Wry) That's how I feel. It is very easy to post there - and the few cents a day reminds me of when I got excited about those few cents a day on Adsense. It probably won't grow like my adsense did but you never know!

Simey) Thanks for friending me. Now we will run into each other more I'm sure lol!

Paul)That's cool you got a bonus and featured. Every little bit helps!

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
      PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you'll find that the passive income from RG is very very low, compared to HP.  That was my experience.  As soon as I took a break from posting material, my earnings went right down.

I don't see a difference if I'm posting or not posting to Redgage - but the overall income for a month is way lower than Hubpages - if I hit $4 a month at all I've had a good month!

However, I have seen a steady increase from less than a dollar to over $3 a month over the last year - if this keeps on increasing then it may be worth concentrating a little more.

It's one of those sites to 'watch' and keep your toes just inside the door!

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
        PaulGoodman67posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I took a look at your profile, Dorsi.  You've been a member for 3 years and earned 6 dollars.  That sums up RG.  It's barely worth the effort.

I just saw a post on Redgage where one user has 3,000,000 views and earned over $2000. Hmmm - he has 2000 friends - I better get on there and friend everyone I can eh!!!

1. Susana S profile image93
            Susana Sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is an awful return on 3 million views...

2. Dorsi profile image86
          Dorsiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But I barely did anything Paul up until the last few weeks. My computer could not handle all the multi-media I was doing before that. Now I have a fast laptop with lots of memory. I made $4 in the last couple weeks. Of course I've been posting alot of photos there.

And RedGage is not at all a substitution for HP, but I do find it a great place to backlink and publish photos.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
            Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you're backlinking, bear in mind there's not much point in having multiple links from the same domain.

Google is looking for link diversity, so it's looking for links from lots of different domains, not lots of links from the same domain.

That's why I've gone cold on other rev-sharing sites. I tend to write half a dozen articles on a site, just enough to get a link to each of my blogs and a few Hubs, then leave it at that.

5. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 12 years ago

When I first started on there, the other people seemed to understand that reciprocating was the word, now it just seems that they want you to click their stars, be their friend and then totally ignore my links, so hey ho only add a few now, mind you I did win the 25 dollars a while back, but now I am stuck on a few cents a month.

6. savingkathy profile image91
    savingkathyposted 12 years ago

I am on RedGage too. I find my photos get a lot more traffic than my links, but I do get some traffic to my HubPage articles from RedGage.

I'm http://www.redgage.com/savingkathy - always happy to find other Hubbers over there!

Photos get a lot of traffic and awards. I have had bonuses for some blog entries - blog recipes seem to do good, as do 'political' blog entries.

Redgage seems to rank really well too - I just did a review on a new Rush song on the 'blog' there and it is ranking really well for various key phrases and ranks number one for one keyphrase! So I'm getting several hundred hits a day at the moment!

For me though it's hit or miss although I have seen a big uptorn in traffic there this year - I used to get 4 or 5 hits total per link, now I'm seeing 25-50 hits total per link!

7. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

I am on there- I got a bonus of$4 for a photo of my son and a fish but not reached pay out after two years- about half way there, but it is easy- I use the same name too

8. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 12 years ago

I joined over a year or maybe more back because people were going on about it but I have found it very disappointing so hardly bother! Again it shows me that HubPages is the best site for making money on!

9. formosangirl profile image79
    formosangirlposted 12 years ago

I don't make much at Redgage but noticed that my Redgage links appear higher on google. So, there is something there.

10. AliciaC profile image92
    AliciaCposted 12 years ago

I’m on RedGage, using the same name that I use at HubPages. People certainly do love photos there!

1. Dorsi profile image86

I think that is one of RedGages strengths, it's a great place to post photos. If you are a photographer it's a great place to get your work out there. I like posting photos that I take of gardens, kids, nature, etc. I also have posted my graphic designs there. Great for artsy fartsy types for sure!

It's also very easy and fun to past the time rating and looking at others photos.
      I think if you are art inclined it's a good place to be social.

11. Mmargie1966 profile image84
    Mmargie1966posted 12 years ago

I'm on RedGage as well, but not very active.  I try to put links to my hubpages work.  I really don't know much about RedGage yet, but will be taking more time to learn soon.

I'm listed under the same name as well, Mmargie1966

12. Eric Newland profile image62
    Eric Newlandposted 12 years ago

I've gotten almost nothing out of using Redgage. I made 2 bucks and got about 70 views from a hub I posted around Christmas that got featured on the front page.

That leaves my total balance over there a like $2.17, and other than that one chance feature referrals from RG are nonexistent. And I mean that literally; it looks like the tiny handful of people who have looked at my links haven't even bothered clicking through to look at the actual hub. I've given up.

1. sjwigglywoo profile image67
      sjwigglywooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It often feels like your fighting a losing battle. I'm new to online writing and Have spent many hours the past three months trying to work my way round. I'm exhausted, tired and have wondered what am I doing. But one thing I will not do is give up! My family and friends think I'm barmy, especially when I get excited over $0.01 lol. I keep saying it all adds up!

1. Dorsi profile image86

Yes is does add up. I remember when I was making just cents, then dollars, then enough to make bill payments, buy myself something great - help with the mortgage...
        I still don't make enough to pay the whole mortgage but just making a few hundred a month is great for me...for now anyway!

13. sjwigglywoo profile image67
    sjwigglywooposted 12 years ago

I joined redgage in Feb, it does bring a few visitors to your sites and every little bits helps

this is me on redgage

http://www.redgage.com/sjwigglywoo

14. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

I find RedGage almost impossible to use. Just went back now to have another go.

I am unable to upload links with a thumbnail; the site just hangs. I've tried in Chrome, IE9 and Firefox 13 beta, always with the same failure. I can upload a link without a thumbnail.

Previously, I failed totally to import a blog. I still have no clue what that actually does though. If it means duplicate content, perhaps it's a good thing I never managed to do it!

The site as a whole is so slow, I am really put off trying any more with it.

1. Pamela N Red profile image83
      Pamela N Redposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You aren't supposed to copy a blog or article from another site, you post new material there. The blog feature has been down for a while. I haven't checked to see if it is working today or not. It is very slow, at least for me.

15. Pamela N Red profile image83
    Pamela N Redposted 11 years ago

I get extra readers and views after posting work on RedGage and it does seem I get noticed on Google more.

As a few people have mentioned pictures do better there than text. I've seen some with amateur photos that are making quite a bit of money. I'm going to post more pictures just for fun, it can't hurt.

I'm the same name there if any of y'all want to add me: PamelaNRed

16. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 11 years ago

I can't get Redgage to work right now either, but I use it all the time. I don't think their servers are the greatest. For creating traffic to my hubs though, it gives me daily traffic even if I haven't been there for awhile.

I am listed as Intheknow

17. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

In all my time here, I have never received a single view from any backlinking site, although I have tried to use several.

Apart from search engines and HP itself, my only other source of traffic has been a little bit from Facebook.

18. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

I am on RedGage, but haven't done anything with the account in months except for approve friend requests.

19. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

I have tried to sign up for redgage for over a month now. I go to the site hit sign up and it refreshes the same page and does not have anything pop up for me to fill out. I don't know why but it just won't let me sign up.

20. Hypersapien profile image43
    Hypersapienposted 11 years ago

I'm on Redgage.  I've only been there a few months, but I use it for backlinks.  I did win $25 in the Daily Contest (twice!) during May, so I'm looking forward to spending my $50.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)