Hubpages Is Dying

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (90 posts)
  1. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

Just kidding!

I'm seeing dozens of threads from people stressing about losing traffic. Asking if this is the end of Hubpages. Asking if it's pointless writing here anymore. Asking if there is even a point to writing online.

I saw my traffic drop by more than 50% in 2011 - when the original Panda swept through. And I've seen how the staff work and have a vague sense of how Google works (well, not really, but I kinda get it on some convoluted level - the secret is that anyone who claims "to get it" usually doesn't, haha!)

1. Traffic goes up and down with seasons, holidays, age of content, news events. And algorithm changes.
    2. Hubpages is a business. With staff. Staff they have to pay. They will do anything they can to make sure traffic stays up and keeps rising, as they're out of  a job if they don't. It may take a bit of experimentation and a lot of hard work, and they make a few mistakes along the way, but they know how to do it - and unlike the majority of people on this site, they spend all day doing it. Hubpages has gotten past previous Google traffic losses, just like other big content sites. They'll do it again.
    3. It's fine to have a whinge about traffic. To share war stories. To track the latest updates. But don't assume that you can figure out from a couple of scary posts what Google has in mind for your content. Hell, even the people who track SEO for a living often take calculated guesses based on mass experimentation. In fact, experimentation is one of the most common ways people figure out what works with Google - so even then it can be wrong.
    4. If you're JUST relying on Google for traffic, this is probably going to be a good learning experience for you. It's time you learnt to drive traffic from other sources.
    5. Writing online is about time. It's about building up a good, solid base of content that will continue to bring you money. As it ages, gets organic backlinks from people who found it helpful, gets likes, shares, comments, pins, tweets... traffic will increase. With time.
    6. I'm not saying losing traffic and earnings doesn't hurt. As mentioned above, been there, and yes, it hurts! But this too shall pass...

And one final reminder:
    Don't keep all your eggs in one basket. - That applies to writing sites, topics, monetisation and traffic sources.

Don't stress yourself out too much. Writing for traffic can be bumpy, but the ups can be as big as the downs. wink

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+ -->8

That's supposed to be plus infinity big_smile the arrow pushes 8 down and makes it infinity. tongue

1. youcanwin profile image42
        youcanwinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There is no other option but to stay and see....

1. profile image0
          Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

haha, I thought "+ 8" seemed a little obscure.

2. WryLilt profile image89
          WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lobbobrandon, if I +1 your infinity, does that  make it redundant? What comes after infinity?

Nope it doesn't infinity + anything gives you infinity itself smile It's just that it's a very very large number and any additions won't make a difference. Infinity + Infinity = infinity too big_smile So no one can beat me when it comes to praising your post!

2. todphifer profile image61
        todphiferposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, april 2012 to till now huppages continue loose his traffic. here is hubpages traffic status
        http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?w=400&am … s.com&

1. Susana S profile image94
          Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You're better off looking at Quantcast which records Hubpages actual traffic stats. Alexa only guesses.

Yup, alexa gets it's details from people with the Alexa toolbar or something like that. HP has the quantcast code on the site and hence it counts each hit.

3. Shinkicker profile image53
        Shinkickerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I earn buttons from Hubpages so it's not worth the hours and effort put in. I gave up trying to make a second income from it long ago.

But having said that I have been making a few more pennies lately and consistently so I guess I haven't suffered from recent problems with traffic.

But now I just write for fun, it's a hobby and a social network which occasionally gives me some cash.

1. fpherj48 profile image60
          fpherj48posted 10 years agoin reply to this

In terms of your last sentence......My presence here, has always been about those things, with "earning a few extra$$," last......as you put it, so well.  Thus, I don't feel the crunch or the panic, as others do.  I do understand though, why hubbers begin to get down and disillusioned, when they see their $$ drop. 
          The best 4 words here from Wrylit are, "This too shall pass."  She's very very knowledgeable, it seems and always has stellar advice.   Sounds to me like it's a matter of riding out the storms.  I hope things improve for the money makers, because I hate for us to lose even one hubber!
          Good Luck to all......

4. Anamika S profile image69
        Anamika Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree with all the points you have made here WryLilt. My own traffic and earnings saw a drop of 50% after the 1st Panda. Ever since, I have seen many fluctuations which affected my traffic and earnings. But instead of whining, I chose to look for new ways to earn money. My earning from Google and HubPages combined now only account for less than 15% of my total earnings online. I have now learned not to worry much about Pandas and Penguins because I know that I am not dependent on this income.  As WryLilt rightly pointed out I realized long back that  it's time I learn to drive traffic from other sources than depend solely on Google. I got certified on Social Media and SEO and now I am on my way to get certified on PR and Media Management as well. If things were fine, I don't think I would have learned anything. So as the saying goes, whatever happens... happens for a reason. I agree that things are not looking good at the moment, but I have full faith in the HubPages Team and Community.

5. Simone Smith profile image86
        Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this, WryLilt. smile

smile

6. heidithorne profile image93
        heidithorneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, we all will survive the Pandas, Penguins and whatever animal is next (Porpoise?) for God Google. And, yes, the SEO folks are also trying to figure this out.

Since there is a much stronger emphasis on social sharing (bleck!) with the recent Google updates, it pays to have an active presence somewhere in social media land. As well, HP should not be one's only blogging venue. B.Y.O.B. (Build Your Own Blog).

I'm using HP as a venue for all the content that doesn't fit perfectly on my other two blogs. As well, I'm using it as an experimentation blog for some topics. If HP disappears, I'll have other places to go, other horizons to follow.

Most of us on this site walked away from a 9-to-5 existence. Yet, many are treating it like it's a job and are looking to HP as a substitute employer. We're all in business for ourselves and owning a business is tough business.

Thanks WryLilt, for telling it like it is!

7. somethgblue profile image74
        somethgblueposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What the hell is a 'whinge' I have never heard of a whinge, please explain?

1. Pearldiver profile image67
          Pearldiverposted 10 years agoin reply to this

We (down here in the deep south or 'what the hell' land) don't call Hissy Fits and Complaining, Hissy Fits and Complaining.... Aussies call it Whinging!  Kiwis call it Bleating! 

There you go.......
          Consider your whinge answered!  lol

1. somethgblue profile image74
            somethgblueposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh . . . I call it weak, lame and pathetic but thank you for attempting to explain yourself. We up here above the equator don't have hissy fits . . . we just laugh at your quaint expressions and write it off as weak, lame and pathetic attempts at being clever.

Did you just insult half the world's cultures in one hit? Nicely done...

Yep, it would seem that was the intention of the member... or was it merely an aggressively quaint set of expressions made as weak, lame and pathetic attempts at being clever? roll

8. FlourishAnyway profile image95
        FlourishAnywayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I tend to think all the negative talk is an anxious distraction. 
        Set a goal or goals.  Focus.  Produce.  Measure success.  Make adjustments accordingly. Repeat.

1. heidithorne profile image93
          heidithorneposted 10 years agoin reply to this

FlourishAnyway, couldn't have said it better myself!

9. Barbara Kay profile image73
        Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

WryLit, I love your post. It's positive and the truth. My traffic didn't get hit quite as bad as last time, because 2/3 of it is coming from elsewhere. I worked on that last year. Thanks for the uplifting post.

big_smile When we know better, we do better!

2. Astra Nomik profile image64
      Astra Nomikposted 10 years ago

I think Hub Pages knows where it is going and ultimately is a great business idea and a great service and product to writers. They developed the idea of creating a writers community where writers like us can benefit from revenues from ads on our pages. So far that is still proven. And other companies have copied the idea, and sometimes copied more than Hub ideas.

Hub Pages will grow and adapt with the times. We all will. Diversity is good. Sometimes I see hubs here that I would not recommend my friends to read, but then there are others that I do. I'm just being honest.

As long as there is a wide variety of useful, informative and even entertaining reading to be found here, Hubs will never die, Just as good books and magazines never die - as they constantly fill a necessary niche, have a market and serve a large readership.

If more hubbers got the word out and talked up the bench instead of talking down the bench - and showed the positives and useful merits of being a published writer - here or anywhere else - then the word would spread and we would all benefit. The methodology behind Search engine optimization makes the simple system of writing more complicated.

But by streamlining it and owning it more and more - Hub Pages could be the first company online to have a system that could even be used by other companies to create online content. The only way a great writing community could die is if the art and love of writing dies with it. and that will simply never happen. Because we care too much...

3. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

Traffic is down.

Bullshit is up.

Hahaha!! That's the spirit

2. profile image0
        Sarra Garrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

3. Simone Smith profile image86
        Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So well put.

1. Will Apse profile image88
          Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Now, you are leaving. Now, we see the true Simone.

4. earner profile image81
      earnerposted 10 years ago

Yeah, but I've been here 2 weeks, written 1 hub about my cat and my stats show 10 people have visited and I've checked my adsense earnings every half hour for the last 48 hours ... and it still says I've earnt nothing.....

smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You won't get Adsense for that cat. It's not attractive enough.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
          Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Mark needs to draw a Stick Cat for you.

2. earner profile image81
          earnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

OMG - I can't believe you dissed my cat!!!

No more vote ups for YOU young man...

smile

I can't believe it either.

2. mary615 profile image83
        mary615posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You're good!  Sure got me in your corner, Earner.

1. earner profile image81

Thanks Mary

I think I'm off to start a new hub: "Why does Google not find my cat attractive?"

smile

1. mary615 profile image83
            mary615posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't know why Mr. Google doesn't like your cat.  I thought he was beautiful. 
            I'm embarrassed to even post cause it shows my Hub Score (unlike your big 100).  Mine has dropped within a couple of days.  I may never see 100 again!  I'm publishing another Hub today, and I'll betcha the score will drop again!

5. step2cs profile image66
      step2csposted 10 years ago

"If you're JUST relying on Google for traffic, this is probably going to be a good learning experience for you. It's time you learnt to drive traffic from other sources" --  INDEED!

1. yougotme profile image90
        yougotmeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I also found this statement very much insightful. My problem, however, is I don't know where to get traffic from aside from Google. I guess that's the challenging part.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
          psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A content site needs to rank well on Google.  If it doesn't the main solution is to go and post somewhere that does rank well on Google.  Other traffic sources are the icing, not the cake.

Tell that to my MFPs lol.

6. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8037399_f248.jpg

Poor kitty ..... poor, poor, kitty.

They are laughing with it not at it.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
            Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Love the cat, and the picture tells a story.  Perfect for a hub.

I thought about stealing it ..... he'd never know, he doesn't read my hubs smile

I don't read a lot. Sorry!

1. profile image0

You read that one thread with the graphs and all the words... and that thing was like War and Peace. (You even followed the op, but Im not bitter.)

Ah. I am so pleased you pointed that out.

1. profile image0

lol, sorry.
                      Im not stalking you (well I am but...) it was posted on my home page. smile

7. Mark Johann profile image59
      Mark Johannposted 10 years ago

I guess it will be increasing soon. From time to time, traffic fluctuates and I must think that it will go up higher soon.

8. ologsinquito profile image82
      ologsinquitoposted 10 years ago

WryLit, Excellent advice. It really is important to diversify, in where you write and in terms of traffic.

9. Cheeky Girl profile image66
      Cheeky Girlposted 10 years ago

Hub Pages does pay. I got a payment from Adsense recently. It is not as mad high money as previous times, but then i don't publish as often as I used to here. Diversifying is good for us all.

Remember that referrals also earn you some payments and they do add up, folks! If you do the math and eventually earn some income from Hub Pages, the more you publish the more you potentially earn from it! Don't burn your bridges.

But then cover your eyes when you read about Penguin 2.0! Holy crap! LOL! smile

1. profile image0

So much talk of penguins and pandas. Some day I will be able to assign meaning to it all.

10. DrMark1961 profile image95
      DrMark1961posted 10 years ago

WryLilt, thanks for posting this! I have noticed that most of these "Hubpages is dead" threads are posted by people that only have the 1000 accolade--usually the SEO experts!!!

11. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 10 years ago

I'm sure that there are quite a few of us who remember the true sound of traffic as being something other than a flat "Kabomp... Kabomp"   smile

I could cry some days.... it seems I have to write more and more just to tread water.  And I do try to find ways/places to link back, but as mine's not a niche of any sort it's tricky to do that well, or at all. 

Traffic is down by half what it was 18 months ago, even though I've now probably got 50% more content.

1. Sue Bailey profile image70
          Sue Baileyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Likewise.  Soul destroying!

12. Making-Jewellery profile image67
      Making-Jewelleryposted 10 years ago

I know I should do more..... but I've had 6 visitors in 24 hours.

That's highly embarrassing...... highly.

Don't feel embarrassed - that's more visitors than some grumpy people get in a lifetime!
        It's quite a hard task having to make cups of tea for total strangers who are only interested in poking their noses into your domain, reading your stuff and then leaving!  smile

13. Muttface profile image79
      Muttfaceposted 10 years ago

But back to the cat...

14. myefforts profile image52
      myeffortsposted 10 years ago

Other options for traffic could be facebook, twitter and other social blogs i hope..

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think one of the biggest problem hubbers have is lack of patience.  As with other things in life, everybody wants results RIGHT NOW!  When they don't get them, it's all doom and gloom and blaming everything on HP.  Perseverance and good old fashioned hard work will get the job done, not moaning and pointing fingers.

15. profile image0
      Ethan Greenposted 10 years ago

Nice one! I think anyone who types the words 'traffic down...' into a Hubpages forum should automatically be prevented from completing their post and be redirected here haha

16. NitroD profile image65
      NitroDposted 10 years ago

Well the fact is a lot websites HP-like are closing (Google is a killer) or not paying: RedGage, Mylot, Gather, etc. That is what I can see and reading around.

Those sites are completely different from Hubpages - they mostly revolve around short comments and link sharing. They have no minimum quality requirements, either. Mylot has also recently transitioned to a non-earning website model.

Back in 2011 the same thing was discussed - content farms dying. Hubpages has made a lot of good changes to stop that happening.

17. wpcontentwriter profile image60
      wpcontentwriterposted 10 years ago

I think also people might be forgetting that there are some really amazing social networks on the internet. You are 100% right that traffic goes up and down and this will be the case ad infintum. But I think we can utilize social networks such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Pinterest. I know that when I blog it takes time for some of my blog posts to get indexed in Google, but because I am very active on Twitter, I get a lot of visitors to my blog posts from Twitter. I do not pay attention to Panda or Penguin. I just continue to focus on writing content for my readers and engaging with my target audience. It is that simple. So no Hub Pages having a page rank of 7-8 I do not see dying at all.

Ok I have to agree that it's not dying. But I don't see how you've come to this conclusion. You're talking about social media traffic, what does it have to do with PR? Btw the PR is 6 when last checked. Didn't check after the last update, I guess it's still the same

18. wabond profile image56
      wabondposted 10 years ago

Google cannot treat people so badly and expect to get away with it.   It thinks it is all powerful and is abusing its power, but it has forgotten than it depends on the goodwill of the people for its survival.  We just have to wait while Google destroys itself.

19. wpcontentwriter profile image60
      wpcontentwriterposted 10 years ago

Social media traffic, what does it have to do with PR? That is a very good question lobobrandon. I think at the end of the day we are all seeking people to read our content. I think it is a mistake to rely on people discovering your content just through search engines. People can discover content also via social networks. Hence this is the reason why you see the social network sharing icons nearly everywhere on the internet. Did you know that keyword ranking is influenced by how many people have shared your content on Facebook, Twitter and Goggle Plus? Social media is deeply entangled with keyword ranking and has an impact on how much traffic you receive to your content. I love Google and I am not in the slightest bit bothered by the changes in their algorithm as I know that if you do not place all your eggs in one basket, you will still continue to get traffic. Guest posting on popular blogs is another great way to drive traffic to your content organically.

Social links don't have that great an importance when it comes to ranking on google as of now. Yahoo yes a big deal. Bing I'm not too sure never conducted any kind of research there. Other search engines I've not actually bothered as it's not a massive chunk of traffic.

1. wpcontentwriter profile image60
          wpcontentwriterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Would it be clearer to say that social media has not worked for you? I would be interested to know what you have tried using social media.

When you say that social links don't have that great an importance when it comes to ranking on Google, I would be very curious to how you have arrived at this conclusion and where have you found information to support this claim.

This is how Social Media has helpe others with content marketing:

* Social media can help search engines find and index your content faster
          Likes, shares, retweets, etc. indicates to search engine that content is new and interesting, often leading to a temporary increase in rankings

*Your content will increase in search results for people connected to you
          Increases domain authority and the number of inbound links to your website.

The rules of search have changed. In fact, they change on a daily basis. But never so dramatically has rank been uprooted since the explosion of social media. Social media sites, especially the power houses of Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, have become backlink central for affecting organic search results.

Social media's influence on driving business via the web is expected to surpass search engine optimization (SEO) in 2013, according to eMarketer. Web marketers and PR professionals must pay attention to how social media affects search, and ultimately how it can change the rules of online visibility and (online) brand engagement.

Prior to Facebook's takeover of the online universe (800 million active users today), online visibility in natural search was a sum of several measurable components: SEO site compliance on site structure and meta tags/content, directory link submissions, and qualified and relevant site/blog-linking. In 2010 the game officially changed, with Google's support of social media - author reputation, bookmarking, commenting, as well as a number of other social factors (likes, tweets, retweets, shares, etc.) - as a major factor in how it ranks websites and blogs in its algorithm. Real-time search in Google meant that search was only as valuable as the latest blog post, social share, and comment.

Today, the line is blurring. And this causes some confusion for web marketers. Should they focus on optimizing and driving traffic to their social pages? To their website? Where does their online brand live? How do they communicate their brand value proposition, whether their personal or corporate brand? The good news is that technology has advanced so that web marketers can manage their content and sites through the use of simple and effective blogging tools. Further, those blog tool properties, such as WordPress, support integration of social plug-ins and necessary content for social sharing including video, effective product/service literature, and tagged imagery. And so, marketers can use social and manage their web presence to support online brand consistency.

20. profile image0
      CroftRoanposted 10 years ago

My rank and my traffic are doing a whole lot better than a few months ago. I got a Twitter account and use it as a major marketing tool. I think people should just work harder on their own marketing tactics if they're that scared about dropping traffic.

21. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 10 years ago

Bump. Coz the forum is full of whingers today.

1. agilitymach profile image93
        agilitymachposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Dang!  Isn't that the truth!!!

I cringed opening up to see your reply - was expecting comments like "Don't call us whingers coz..." 

big_smile

It's getting to the point of where it was post panda sad Luckily I've learned a lot since then!

1. agilitymach profile image93

I knew when QAP hit all of the old hubs that people would go ballistic, and they have.  Writing is very personal.  People don't like being told their work isn't "up to snuff."  I knew people would let their emotions take over, defend their bad hubs and react poorly.  I put all of my hubs through QAP before the QAP process went to old hubs.  I was prepared to accept some hubs not making the process, but I was fortunate that they all did.  I was prepared to make decisions about keeping or revising any hubs that didn't make it through QAP.  People need to just relax and quit taking it so personally.

And also...bump. smile

+1

I cringe when I look back at some of my old hubs.  Lol

So do I.

Then I look at mine and think "well at least they're better than Wry's".

Pffffffff your hubs on children's gumboots are so NOT better!

You're right and I am relieved because I thought I had blown the Hubbers code of non-criticism with my little joke.  Most of my early stuff went during self-inflicted purges.

There's a code? Oops, I've been telling people they suck for ages. Why did no one warn me!

2. agilitymach profile image93

I'm sure in a year or two, I'll look back on what I'm writing today and blush with embarrassment.  I have discovered this on-line writing stuff is a long-term learning process, and it's a fun learning process too!!

And anyone can break the hubbers' code of non-criticism on my part.  I WANT to be criticized....at least constructively anyway. smile  But only on my hubs...not my forum posts.  I don't edit my forum posts much.  I'm not a good poster....

3. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
                Kangaroo_Jaseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Cringe is the word to use when being nice on ones self Susannah. I still look at some of my older hubs and think to myself. WTF was I thinking when I wrote this.

I am still re-writing some of my ancient hubs to get rid of that cringe factor and stop MYSELF whinging, lol.

I cringe when I look at my "Eating dust" hub. Obviously no one else does, coz I still get comments from people thanking me for writing it. HEHEHE

22. Sally's Trove profile image79
      Sally's Troveposted 10 years ago

I've not been active on HP for a long time now, but the Hubs I have here continue to produce income. Sometimes the income is up, sometimes it's down, but over the last year it's stabilized at over the 50 per month mark.

I continue to exceed the 50 per month mark with the HP ad program. Now I'm kind of wondering about those who have 10 times the amount of Hubs I have. There is income opportunity here as long as HP remains in business.

23. earner profile image81
      earnerposted 10 years ago

I think my worst hubs were when I was trying to write a load for a hubpages contest 2 years ago, when it was beneficial to churn out content every day, round one subject .... that was difficult and produced a lot of cr4p.

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)