Anyone on Bubblews...

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (167 posts)
  1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years ago

I just signed up to try it out...
    and cannot find this information in their very abbreviated "learning center."

Are outbound links allowed in bubbles?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Outbound links are allowed in theory, but in practice most people don't take the risk, because there is an "overly promotional" rule and they seem very touchy about its interpretation.  A link to a Hub would be against the rules as you earn money from the Hub, therefore it's commercial.

Links to other Bubbles are absolutely fine - you'll note people often write a series and provide a list of the earlier "episodes" at the end of the Bubble.

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
        Jean Bakulaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I started a thread about two weeks ago because I didn't get paid for the first time. They finally answered me and it took five weeks, but they did pay me. But I don't think I want to write there anymore, it's not worth the aggravation, and the quality of some of the writing just embarrasses me. You can see people aren't even reading your posts from their comments.

1. ChristinS profile image38
          ChristinSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I got tired of the runaround I was getting - they "lost" it, it was a server problem, oh it was scheduled for deposit on the 15th, do you have a screenshot of the amount?  Constant runaround and I got tired of pulling teeth for a 53 dollar redemption.  Interestingly enough, many of my bubbles are still being shared and pinned and earning them money I'll never see, especially now that they are playing games about not allowing people to delete their own work?  I'll have to double check on that as two weeks ago I was saving then deleting my old bubbles to place somewhere else.  It was good while it lasted I suppose - I did earn several hundred there before they decided to play their games with me.

I truly regret that I spent so much time defending them previously and would never in good conscience recommend anyone try them now.  I do indeed believe they are deliberately gaming people out of money. Hopefully others experiences will be (and stay) different than what mine ultimately ended up being.  I'll never write there again I know that and yes, the quality of a lot of "writing" there is truly cringe worthy.  yikes.

You can no longer edit old Bubbles, but I can still see the "delete" button on all of them.

I agree there's a horrible amount of dross on the site, but there is also a big cohort of ex-Helium, Yahoo Voices and Hubpages writers.   What I tend to do is stick within that group so the rest of the rubbish passes me by.  I find more connections by looking at who they are following.

2. Thomas Swan profile image95
            Thomas Swanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1

From the experiences I've collated on my Bubblews article, this seems to be how the site works. They pay more at the start because they want people to recommend and defend the site. Then, after 2 or 3 months, once you've served your purpose, they stop paying. The writer isn't doing anything differently, so they haven't suddenly started "breaking the rules" like the new batch of defenders will claim. Regardless, Bubblews won't tell you you've broken a rule, because then you'd have something to dispute.

Having said that, some lucky people get paid all the time. It's a lottery, though there's plenty of evidence that Bubblews earn their money by selling your personal details, browsing history (mined from cookies), and personal interests (mined from your posts) to ad companies. This is why they pay a little more, and it may be why some people stop getting paid... they're simply not worth enough.

Check out Bubblews on scam adviser too. Bubblews' rating has gotten consistently worse. It's now at zero percent.

1. Jayne Lancer profile image92
              Jayne Lancerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I read your hub--very enlightening--and a similar one by the hubber Buildreps. I know half a dozen people who wrote on Bubblews who had enormous difficulties with payments. I believe two of them ended up not being paid at all. The others were persistant and absolutely knew they hadn't 'broken the rules'.

I wouldn't touch the site with a bargepole.

1. Hezekiah profile image86
                Hezekiahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have around 4 redemption and past due for at least one, not a penny. I sent an Email but nothing. It seemed too good to be true. I see Vietnamese on there which 200-300 likes posts plus 300 views and 10 posts per day. That's like $60-%70 per day. Can Bubblews afford to pay all of them?

3. NateB11 profile image89
            NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm debating on if I want to go back there and write. It's been awhile since I've been on there. They lost one of my redemptions from July and I wrote them about it in August, still haven't seen it. The upgrade made it harder for me to write there too, because my computer is old. Not only that, I started getting burned out on that site a long time ago; same old thing. However, I seem to keep getting traffic to my articles, so if they do start paying me again, I'll have a little bit of income either way. Strange, I get a lot of views from outside the site and not much from inside the site.

1. NateB11 profile image89

Just wanted to say I just got an email from Bubblews saying I'll be getting paid. Good news, bit of a false alarm on my part. Looks like it's back to good.

2. Richard-Bivins profile image78
      Richard-Bivinsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You can place outbound links if they are not promotional or affiliate related. (I don't place them because I find no value in them) A bit of advice, don't go there expecting to find great writers.  Although there are some great writers there (me for example, smile ) Use the site sort of like a blog. Your posts don't need to have any rhyme or reason as long as they are at least 400 characters long.  Post 10 times a day for maximum benefit but space them about 10 or 15 minutes apart.  I've found that the attention span of my followers is not much longer than that.

I've been there a little over 13 months... about the same time I created this new account here (AKA LiveWithRichard) and in that time I have only missed on payment and that was when the payout was around $20.. no big loss.  Payout is at $50 now and I reach it every 4 days or so.  But now the payments are made 30 days after you redeem so if you get on a good cycle you can get 4 or 5 payments in a month.

One more tip... wait until your bank is a couple dollars over the $50 mark just to be safe that some of your spam followers don't zap your payments down.

Everyone seems to have a good understanding of what Bubblews is. I don't think it's fair to compare it with Hubpages though, they are completely different. Most people on HP are trying to be better writers or teach others something they know a lot about.

It takes at least a year to start getting paid on HP, and you need to be patient until you get "discovered." But when you do, you will get paid. It may not be as much as Bubblews if you are writing 10 posts a day there. But you can't usually make a hub out of a little blurb written on Bubblews, and if you can, you are wasting too many hours on there. Add up the time you are on there commenting and liking posts that don't even make sense, and it's debatable if it's worth your time.

Read the comments you get, and you can see that the majority of people are not even reading your posts. I wrote one about the death of a loved one and how it hurt, and got all kinds of comments like, "Great post" and "That's so cool!" Plus it's rep is getting worse and worse.

1. Health Reports profile image83
          Health Reportsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

LOL - I wrote about a local man who intentionally left his child in a hot car to die a horrible death, so that Dad could live the child-free lifestyle.  He was sexting to 6 different women while his kid was roasting in the car.

Comments:  Keep up the positive attitude!  Good information here (for murderers??) Have a blessed day...

Never got my last payment or any response to my 4 emails.  I just gave up on them.

Every other site just pays you.  You don't have to ask or beg for your money. They just deposit your earnings if you met the minimum threshold.  Their list of offenders is a smokescreen, as though they are watching and care about rule breakers.  I would guess for every offender listed on their support page, there are another 100 wondering what happened to their payment.

+1

Hello Health Reports,
              It's not funny, but ridiculous that we can be writing about serious topics and get ludicrous comments like that.

DzyMsLizzy,
              If you just connect with friends you know from here or any other site you write on, you may like it. That way you can keep in touch with your online friends. I did enjoy that part of being on Bubblews. Just take Marisa's always good advice, and don't link to anything.

I do notice I get a lot of garbage email since I began writing there, so what everyone is saying about the cookies must be true. But there's always the delete button or spam folder.

2. BarbRad profile image84
        BarbRadposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You cannot use any link to another site if you derive any benefit from it. Informational links to other sites that enhance what you have written should be OK. The main problem with Bubblews, and I speak as a still active member who has been there a year and a half, is that one is never quite sure how the rules will be interpreted, and there is always that wondering if you will really get paid after you redeem. If you don't get paid, and to the best of your knowledge you haven't broken any rules, you may never find out why you didn't get paid.

In spite of missing one $25 payment a year ago, I have stuck with it because it's not just writing for pennies. They currently pay more than I earn here (in my other, more established account), and I normally get at least a dollar a day even if I haven't posted anything new for three days. How long this will last, no one knows. But I'm going to up my activity here and at Persona Paper in case the bubbles burst over there. Of course, I have over 800 posts there and only a combined total of 140 here. But the ones here are much better posts, especially since Bubblews chopped most of my very best posts published before July 15 to pieces with their July 15 update, and there's no way to go back and edit to fix them. Neither can you delete them without getting a negative bank balance. So if someone reads one of those used-to-be great bubbles, they will think I am an incompetent writer.

My greatest problem with Bubblews is its unpredictability. You can't predict accurately if you will be paid, or when, or how rules will be interpreted, or what will happen to work you have already written in some new "improvement" to the site. That's why I want to keep lots of my eggs in other baskets. We all know that we can't depend on any site remaining a steady source of income forever.

3. suramyakh profile image59
        suramyakhposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Not to be "that" guy, but I'm one of the majority of people who hasn't been paid by Bubblews, not even once. I signed up more than a year ago when it was ranking pretty well in Google search. I did some keyword research and wrote about 6-7 bubbles which did REALLY REALLY great. I made payout soon. The payout threshold was $25 at that time and I redeemed it. I haven't got it yet.

I again made $50 in July, redeemed it, and haven't got that one either. I have sent numerous emails, but haven't got a single dang reply. So I recommend not to waste your time there. Of course, many have been paid too. It seems like they flip a coin when deciding whom to pay and whom to leave hanging.

1. Richard-Bivins profile image78

You may be in the minority because if the majority weren't paid their would be no arguments, the site would be dead with no users.  There are lots of reasons people don't get paid there.. No Paypal in their country, personal or affiliate links in their posts, using illegal or unauthorized pictures in their posts, sending out thousands of spammy comments like "i like you follow me."  People need to read the rules and follow the rules.

I've had only one $25 payment not go through and I think it was because I redeemed on a day that the site had major malfunctions.  No complaints though because I've been paid well over $2000 in the past year for posting stuff off the top of my head.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
            DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

OH, hey Richard, you did forget one--the site regularly scams users that do not violate any of those rules.

1. Thomas Swan profile image95

+1

I actually wrote a hub called "Bubblews: An Experiment to Test The Scam" that more or less proves they're scamming people.

I don't think people realize how condescending and insulting it is to be told by other Bubblews users that you must have "broken the rules". I understand the desire to defend a website that has paid you some money though.

++++ Condescending and insulting lol

2. Health Reports profile image83

I thoroughly appreciated your "Interview with Bubblews Founder, Arvind Dixit"  Really good! And the Bunny - what more can I say!

Cheers! Well Bubblews knows its priorities, and it's difficult to see how bunnies aren't extremely high on the list smile

3. Jayne Lancer profile image92

Just goes to show how shallow some people are. But it always makes me laugh when those users appear on the HubPages forums months later complaining that Bubblews has stopped paying them, too. Serves them right! smile

I know what you mean, but as long as people can swallow their pride and admit they were wrong about it (after Bubblews stops paying them), then I can forgive.

It's a sophisticated scam after all. It relies on paying you early on, turning you into a marketer, then cutting you off once you've had enough time to serve your purpose. Of course, some writers are worth paying consistently. Just write about products you're thinking of buying wink

I think I'll give it a miss, Thomas. As I've said before, I know a number of people who had payment issues there, and none of them 'broke the rules'. It amazes me how many people still consider joining Bubblews in spite of it being a well-known scam--especially here on HubPages.

It also amazes me how easily people get sucked into it all for as long as it pays. They'll defend it to the death.

Yes, sadly I was one of its staunch defenders for a long time.  Keep in mind, that everywhere over there people are breaking the rules, which are not very well defined.  Since I was not breaking rules and was getting paid, my first instinct was, oh they must have broken a rule, even if they didn't intend to. 

Then time went on and my bank grew to 53 something and I tried to redeem having not posted in a couple of months.  It was all residual from posts that I wrote previously.   Suddenly, Bubble decided it didn't want to pay me anymore on posts it had previously paid out on.  No rules were broken seeing as how I had been paid prior to that time.  I was then given a runaround every time I asked about my missing payment. 

Yes, it has its staunch defenders.  Sadly, when you try to tell people that the people running that site are less than honest and transparent; people say you are arrogant, accuse you of being stupid, not following rules or a myriad of other things for simply trying to be helpful.  There is an ever growing list of people not being paid and never given a real reason.  I suspect its because we were costing them more than they could make off us by selling our information. 

As for me; I'm all done trying to warn people off that site.  Learn the hard way like others did - including me.  It does no good to swallow my pride and be honest, many don't want to listen.  That's fine.  I was there once too.

4. Marisa Wright profile image87

I don't think most people mean it the way you're taking it.    The "rules" on Bubblews are so vague, I fear that it's all too easy to break one without ever knowing what you did. 

That's one reason I never, ever link to anything in my Bubbles.  You never know when some moderator will decide that the site I linked to is "commercial" and bang would go my whole redemption.   Before they added the Pixabay photos, I never used photos either for the same reason.

DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ewww...which brings up a whole other issue--are we supposed 'credit' the photos as being from Pixabay???  I see others doing it, but not everyone consistently.

Too late now--no editing possible....

No.  If you go to the Pixabay site and read their terms and conditions, they say no credit is necessary anywhere the photos are used.

Again, I think some people are just nervous about breaking any rules so they are being ultrasafe by putting a credit at the end of every Bubble.

Ok, 'whew'  ;-)

2. Jean Bakula profile image91

I wasn't using all Pixabay pictures either, and that was the period where I stopped writing there for a few weeks, even though I had about $25.00 in the bank. I thought I wasn't getting paid, but in the end I did, but it took almost 6 weeks, and I don't think the money is cleared from Paypal yet. I had pictures from mixed sources.

I have a balance of around $15 there now, your Bubbles make money even if you aren't writing. I just have mixed feelings about it. It was nice when the payments came faster and it was easy money. I may continue for a while just for that reason. I liked being able to just write a quick paragraph on whatever was on my mind, or happening around me. Sometimes that led to my writing something better of more depth somewhere else.

It is weird that we all complain about another site on Hubpages forum, and it isn't really right. But I guess it's because so many of us try whatever site is new, and we can't complain and get answers on the Bubblews site, it's all so vague.

5. suramyakh profile image59
                suramyakhposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, @Thomas. It IS really insulting when people just claim that we broke rules. Then again, I get over it because I don't have time to argue that I did not, and then they go again with "I don't believe you!", "You are such and such" and what not!

Actually, I did delete all my bubbles a week ago and sent request to Google for removing those from their search. I also sent message demanding my monies. What boils my blood is that they were still making money on the bubbles I wrote, and they don't even care to reply. The owner constantly brags about how his staff number has increased, and they have moderators, and they have customer support and blah blah. It is now clear that Bubblews has chewed more than it can swallow and it cannot continue paying for those random articles for getting likes. I don't feel surprised that Facebook banned the site and disabled its FB page.

1. deathwalk60 profile image59
                  deathwalk60posted 9 years agoin reply to this

The more I hear about Bubblews the happier I am that I deleted my articles and account.
                  I deleted to the wide plagiarism and people not getting paid.  Both were running thick, so after a couple months I deleted my account.

4. profile image0
        Manasi4posted 9 years agoin reply to this

i had the same question as to can i publish my hubs link out there, but i guess it violates their TOS

3. ChristinS profile image38
      ChristinSposted 9 years ago

I'm not on there anymore since they decided they "lost" my payment a couple of months ago and have yet to resolve the issue.  No, you are not allowed technically to have promotional links in a bubble.  They can decide you didn't follow the rules and not pay you.  They have a lot of problems over there. You write so well, perhaps you could sell some articles on Constant Content or something if you're looking for some extra cash.  I wouldn't bother with Bubble, but I did it for awhile and got several redemptions without incident, then they decided to stop paying out so I started deleting my content there.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
      LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Now, you can't delete, edit your posts there after 24 hours. You can't delete your account.  I read something about their cookies so that they can monitor everything you do online.  If you remove and block their cookies, they shut you down when they find out.  I blocked their cookies recently.    Affiliate links are a definite No NO.

5. mattforte profile image89
      mattforteposted 9 years ago

Bubblews is a joke. I never understood why it got popular from the get-go...the whole structure of it....it's just stupid. Don't waste your time unless you want to spend that time on the site every day for the rest of your life trying to make pennies.

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

I'm not talking about either affiliate links or commercial links, but links to "more information," for example a site with a poem that is copyrighted, and can't be copied.

Or maybe a link to one of your own hubs.."for a more in-depth examination of the topic" ...(or is that considered 'affiliate' linking?)

I did read all the complaints on here, including the accusations of scamming...but another (very experienced and trustworthy )author here (who is also well-known in the formus for her sage advice) stated that she's been writing over there for some time, has had no problems, and doesn't consider it to be a scam....

She recommended it to me as a way to more quickly make some cash online that my recent (lack of) luck here on HP...

1. Barbara Kay profile image72
        Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't take the chance with a Hubpages link. Most people that don't get paid can't figure out why. They might consider it a commercial link.

Makes sense...but it is odd that their TOS does not define it more specifically.  How would you know you were breaking any rules if they can't offer a specific example????

I agree, that's why I simply took the view that I wouldn't put ANY links in my Bubbles.   

The thing to remember is that you are writing on Bubblews to amuse your fellow writers, rather than to inform, so links are rarely absolutely necessary.

That's the one thing I like about the site, it is mentally amusing. If something just pops into your head, you can go on over and just write a paragraph about it. I can't make up my mind what I want to do. They did pay me all the times, it was just that one dispute. I'll think about it.

2. Health Reports profile image83

EXACTLY!! - Their rules and TOS are deliberately vague.  Half of their rules are unwritten and are "learned" of through rumor. 

For example, "If you edit a post too much, you will lose your redemption."  Tell me where that is written anywhere on this planet for any content site. Making up rules as they go to cheat people out of their money, it's unacceptable.  It's as though the site was managed by 6 year olds, and people do accept it.

7. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Here is their Latest TOS:  http://www.bubblews dot  com/page/tos

That link did not open; said "page not available."

8. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I received payment recently and have links to my blogs,etc.

9. colorfulone profile image77
      colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

My articles on Bubblews normally have on-site links to related articles. Once in awhile I add links to Wikipedia or some other educational site.

I will not post links to any sites that are monetized in anyway, because I like receiving those payments.

10. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

I'm going to 'fess up to being the person who recommended MsLizzy give Bubblews a try. 

I wouldn't recommend it to every writer, but I do think that for writers who have trouble writing search-friendly articles, it's worth a try.   

Opinion pieces, humour, and personal anecdotes will never get search engine traffic so they will never work on HubPages, no matter how much you try to tweak them - but they can earn a few dollars on Bubblews, which doesn't rely on search engine traffic.  For people who write that type of article, it's the best home available for unFeatured Hubs (broken up into a series).

It's true some people have had trouble with redemptions, and that's a worry.

One important bug in their system is that if you claim the minute you hit $50 you probably won't get it, because if any of your views were from people who were banned, they will be deducted (which puts you under the threshold again) - and the money doesn't go back into your account, it's forfeited.  I still don't know why that is, and I suspect it's a bug rather than a deliberate attempt to steal earnings.  So the secret is to wait until you have $55 or $60.

1. colorfulone profile image77
        colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I did read a lady's post recently who's redemption claim fell under the $50, because of accounts that were deleted. Bubblews explained that, after she wrote to them to inquire about the late payment, and they did pay her the adjusted amount below $50.

That is also bogus, why remove funds from one person because they deleted an account.  Bubblews got paid.

How do you know Bubblews got paid?

Kindly Marisa:

What mechanism would allow advertisers to know who viewed which posts, and determine that they would not pay for those particular views, as they had violated BWS queer terms of service?

Bubblews is paid for views on accounts they may choose to default on for redemption if they deem: that the user edited their posts too much, linked to a "commercial" website, participated in a "liking" ring, said something unbecoming of BWS, and according to someone on this thread, they will not pay for residual income if they discover the user has not been active on the site. 

Which advertisers find these things so repellent and would feel cheated of their ad funds if they found out: someone made their article more visible with repeated editing, said something unkind about Bubblews on a different post (especially if that was for lack of payment) or had SEO that caused it to get views from Google?

It is not that the fact that they will not pay for a single post that offends that I find immoral; it is that they use that "offense" to deny all funds claimed in a redemption and perhaps all future redemptions. All the while continuing to collect on the posts of the user who cannot redeem, but for which they continue to get paid.

Who does this thing? It is contrary to supporting a loyal user base.

Not to mention they have taken ownership of all posts after 24 hours.  If you cannot delete or edit a post, how is it still yours?  That is not in their terms of use; they changed that too on the fly.  If I own an article, I may choose to delete it and move it else where.  They are taking ownership without agreeing for any payment price.

I do think it's a pity you can't edit old Bubbles any more, but I can still see a delete button on all my old Hubs.

That might have been me. I've been paid less than the redemption amount a couple of times.

That happened to more than one member on Bubblews then, Barb. smile

11. Pico Triano profile image88
      Pico Trianoposted 9 years ago

Write regularly on Bubblews as koopharper. Links to additional material is okay as long as it enhances what you are writing about. Affiliate links are a big no. One of my friends often posts a link to a news article and writes a brief commentary on it. If you have doubts send an email to the staff. You could also post a post asking other bubblers about it.

what on earth is a "koopharper???"  wink

1. Pico Triano profile image88
          Pico Trianoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Koop Harper was a pen name based on Koop which was a childhood nickname and Harper because I kind of play the harmonica.

Ah--okay.  Thanks for demystifying that!  It's always kind of fun to learn how pen names arose.  wink

12. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

Ok, this is the link I am considering:

https://  rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

(remove spaces to make the link work)

It does not appear to have any ads, but to be a private website.

There is ONE page where you can (voluntarily) pay a donation to help with keeping the site up, to sponsor your own memorial, but IMO, that should not be called "commercial." 
      But who knows what kind of persnickety rules and interpretations might be at play...

Aw, dear one, you would be safe posting a link to rainbowsbridge.com . That's a great site.

Thank you so very much!  ;-) It is a great site!  I have several pets over there....

You are welcome. Just treat it like Bubblews' sandbox. smile

13. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

I never link to anything from Bubblews.  That's my rule.  It is one less thing to worry about.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Er correction.  Did my first YouTube clip today - linked to that.  It's allowed apparently.

I don't post any links there at all and wouldn't go through the trouble to post even a Youtube link because you know as well as I do that the vast majority of visitors to our posts don't even read or barely skim through it before hitting the "like" star.  I assume in hopes of some karma likes to follow.

That said, I'm not giving it up because a few ego driven "writers" assume the site is just a scam.  Some scam that pays me between $200 and $300 a month... I'll keep getting scammed then until they shut the place down.

I don't expect many people to read my post and even less to click through on a link - that is true.  But I wanted to show my real friends on there and hoped for some genuine feedback.

2. colorfulone profile image77

Mark Ewbie, I saw that video on your post and got a some good tummy laughs. smile

Cheers and then it was worth doing smile

3. NateB11 profile image89

Cool video, I had to go check it out after seeing your comment here. I didn't even know we could post videos there now. I might have to go give a try.

Lol Nate - look at me and my successful spamming.  Forum ban coming up soon I expect.

Yep the video linking was announced by Arvind a couple of weeks back I think.  There's no special box or anything - just drop the link in the text.

14. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image85
      SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 9 years ago

Yes they are allowed. But I have wasted a lot of time there. You are supposed to like and comment on the junk posts, which mean nothing except internal traffic. Sometimes they even refuse to pay.

1. Pico Triano profile image88
        Pico Trianoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

In practice a lot of people like and comment as you say but you are supposed to only like and comment on posts you think are worthy. I get significant external traffic there and the views do pay. Been there a year and a half and have never failed to be paid.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

You can like and comment on whatever posts you like..actually like.  If you find 'junk' posts, you have no obligation to either like or comment upon those.
        That is why I am sticking by the suggested method of starting out by following those writers whom I already "know" from here on HP, and then, adding in others whom THEY in turn follow.
        In this way, I now follow 26 people; have 24 followers, and have yet to read more than one or two 'junky' posts.

15. Markeli profile image92
      Markeliposted 9 years ago

Bubblews has improved a lot since they switched to the new layout and is getting better all the time. It is, of course, more a mix of a social networking and a writing site. But it pays the highest conversion rate I know of. As concerns the payment I didn't have any problem with that so far

16. Markeli profile image92
      Markeliposted 9 years ago

... and, as Sanjay already said, outbound links are allowed...

17. JoeYoung22 profile image86
      JoeYoung22posted 9 years ago

My latest payment was delayed, but it appeared pretty soon after I emailed staff.

I haven't posted anything on there for weeks (yet I've 'earned' $14, although I did hear that they don't pay on sums amassed this way). I'm not really bothered any more - the volume of garbage posts and inane comments, combined with the increase in non-payment claims have pretty much driven me out.

I did see one post recently that had 860 views, 843 likes and 120 comments. That's $18.27 for dashing off a ten minute post. If you could write posts that attract similar levels of interaction ten times per day (the maximum allowed), you could redeem almost $200 daily.

I do think, however, that the likes-per-view ratio in the above figures is suspiciously high. The views figure is usually much higher than the likes.

It used to be a cool site until the spammers invaded in droves.

Why would they not pay on views for your posts?

1. JoeYoung22 profile image86
          JoeYoung22posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have no idea - I only read somewhere that they don't pay on inactive accounts that aren't posting regularly. As I said though, I'm past caring as far as that site goes. I just can't motivate myself to type 400 characters, and the thought of wading through the mass of garbage posts is aversion therapy in action.

18. profile image0
      Bob Bambergposted 9 years ago

I"m on Bubblews but haven't written for a couple of months.  My life has gotten busy and I just haven't had the time.  Yes, a lot of the writing is very bad and it can take up a lot of your time because of the social aspect of the site, but that's what I truly enjoyed.  I made a lot of friends from all over the world and miss that part of it. 

For a lot of the writers, English is a second language, so you have to become your own interpreter.   If you keep that in mind you can make it through the poor writing and understand what the writer is saying.

I've been paid a few times and never had a problem other than it takes a few weeks.  I haven't redeemed since the new format was launched, so I don't know if they were able to expedite payments.

19. Billie Kelpin profile image85
      Billie Kelpinposted 9 years ago

Dizzy Lizzy,  I'll have to read through the threads, but at first glance I have a whole different view of bubblews and interpret the information differently. However, I was never able to ask Bubblews directly for clarification as I have done by writing to hubpages editors.   
      I think Bubblews is a much more generous website (if they in fact do eventually pay).  I am thinking of taking everything off of hubpages and posting there. The way I do submit on Bubblews now (and feel completely ethical about it) is by summarizing some of my articles that are here or by adding an intro that is very different in wording and then link back here to the entire article. Both Bubblews and Hubpages get traffic that way.  If someone did that on my own educational software and games website, I would be most happy with the increased traffic.) Bubblews views count up much faster than hubpages and I made more there in one month than I did here in years!  I haven't sumitted to the Bubblews bank for payment yet, so I'll see what happens before I transfer everything.  The overly promotional concept, in my mind is often taken too literally by consciencious writers. Promotion is everything.  If I were running this site, I would much more clearly define and modify that requirement. We are not Coca-Cola for heaven's sake. I write under Sparky on Bubblews, so feel free to take a look.   If I'm wrong, I'll listen to what the powers that be have to say and change my method.

1. BarbRad profile image84

You probably wouldn't be able to transfer hubs there, since only one photo is allowed there now, and  videos are the only other media you can use. You would not be allowed to link back to a hub you make money from. If you do it, you may have an unpleasant surprise when it comes time to redeem. Changes are you will lose your redemption because they check your adherence to the rules before they pay you. Linking to your own hub would be against the rules. If they don't pay you, they probably will never tell you the reason why.

" If they don't pay you, they probably will never tell you the reason why." .... Reason enough to run a mile before writing anything there.

+1

2. Billie Kelpin profile image85
          Billie Kelpinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

BarbRad, Hi,  I just wrote to Bubblews for clarification of this policy.  (We'll see if they reply.) The only thing I can find in the TOS and policy statements on Bubblews is a statement forbiding "referral and affiliate links".  I interpret this to mean that I can not write, for example, about a product my company produces, "Computer Game Maker Lite" and then link to my website's ecommerce page.  However if I summarize on bubblews an article I wrote on hubpages that is informational, for example, "Company is Coming - 7 Quick Tips" I can certainly "refer" the readers to the full article.  I've emailed the editors at hubpages and my understanding is that they have no problem with us linking from the outside to our articles here.  The only problem Bubblews would have, it seems to me, is that once a person is off a website they don't come back.  However, with tabs now a popular way of navigation, that seems less of a problem.  I might be interpreting this all wrong or perhaps there is another explicit statement of information that prohibits this, but the "spirit of the law" in my mind is being followed.  To me it's all in the interpretation of "referral and affiliate" links.  That is the term I asked Bubblews to define along with any other statement concerning links to full articles on other websites.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image85

BarbRad,  I received a prompt reply from bubblews asking for clarification on the policy of "referral and affiliate links".  This is the reply I received:

"You are allowed to have links in your post if you are making a legitimate reference (not advertising other products or sites).

Please use your best discretion, and if you have any more questions, please contact me again.

Thanks!
          Sincerely,
          &bubblews
          San Francisco, California"

I feel that linking back to hubpages is not advertising hubpages; it's merely linking here.  They have left it to our discretion, so I'm going to continue linking to my articles that are posted on hubpages. If I link to a reference on wikipedia or the New York Times or to NPR or wherever, it's an enhancement of my article.  That door doesn't swing both ways since hubpages restrictions are more limiting.  But to me, linking from an outside link back to hubpages in no way undermines the stricter guidelines of hubpages and apparently does not violate the more lenient guidelines of bubblews.

Thanks for the comment which essentially helped me pursue an answer that has cleared my conscience.

I would still  not do it. Bubblews staff are very good at giving non-answers to questions. What they answer is right as far as it goes, but they never seem to grasp the intent of your question. I couldn't get a straight answer about the financial penalty for deleting a bubble they had messed up that I couldn't edit anymore. They said I could delete the bubble, but never answered the part about the financial penalty. Yet I know many people who deleted bubbles had all the money they had earned on it subtracted from their banks leaving some of them with a negative balance over a hundred dollars.

It used to be stated that you cannot link to any site you stood to profit from. I don't see that there now, but that doesn't mean they would not refuse payment over it. They are the final interpreters.

Yes, and that's the reason I simply don't risk linking to anything.   Whether you get paid is entirely up to whichever staff member happens to process your payment and it's down to their interpretation of the rules.   Some are slack, some are accurate, some are overly conscientious, some are misinterpreting the rules.

20. Jcpuddles profile image60
      Jcpuddlesposted 9 years ago

I can confirm that they WILL delete you account if you block cookies. They only want to sell your information.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image61
        LindaSmith1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I blocked cookies weeks ago.  They have not deleted my account even though I have requested it.

21. Pawpawwrites profile image60
      Pawpawwritesposted 9 years ago

I have an account there, and I make a little money, but I haven't been very active there. Been spending time here instead. I've been paid every time, but the last time, it took about a month. I don't link out from there much, because I don't see much value in it. 

Many post on this thread, are long enough to qualify for payment there. Level of quality is a big issue though. Still don't see how it will survive like it is.

Well, I've only been on there for 3 days at this point; have posted 4 articles...and so far, I am already credited with $2.  (There was already a $1 credit before I posted anything at all, as if it was a sign-up bonus or something.)

I am taking the advice of only reading/following posts from people I know from here, and those whom they follow as well.  In this way, I'm not finding any junky, stupid posts.  The majority are quite good, although several are personal trivia, more like expanded versions of what people put on Twitter, which you're not allowed to do here.

I'm write under the same name over there, if any are interested.  I don't mind the social aspect at all...it's part of what I like about the HP forums!  And since we are pretty much housebound with my husband's health, it's not like I have a hot date to be out and about doing much else, anyway.

So, we'll see what we shall see!  Thanks to each and every one of your for your input and suggestions!

I just looked you up over there and followed you.

Thanks, Barb!  I'll do the same.  ;-)  I did read a post of yours, I believe---my head is spinning today from having to concentrate on too many other things.  LOL

I just found you on Bubblews, Dzy. I visited that sweet post with the link to the poem you were asking about adding. - Susie

22. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Heath Reports: At one time you could delete your posts.  When you did, earnings were taken out of your account.

I don't see the logic in that - ads played, were viewed, Bubblews got paid...

In a normal world, you get paid for your views, and if you take your content somewhere else, then you just don't get paid any more - you don't owe them money for what you earned while it was posted.  Crazy talk.

If I shut down my blog, would I have to give Adsense back the money they paid me to date for views on that blog?

Bubblews is not necessarily logical in their decisions. You play by their rules however they understand them to be. What you think they mean or should mean doesn't count.

23. profile image0
      robertzimmerman2posted 9 years ago

I have submitted 20 redemptions and received 18. The only ones not paid are within the 30 days so they will arrive. Never an issue or speck of a problem. I always redeem at about $53 and I am very careful about the TOU.

The only outbound links I have used are citations but I now only use my own previous posts.

24. Colleen Swan profile image92
      Colleen Swanposted 9 years ago

I read on G+ that linking to BWS will drag you down in SOE, even disappear. The site attracts a red cross because it cookies and trojans you, and the adds that they carry are linked to virus sites. They are a scam.

Google itself is one of the biggest spies going!  They have cookies as well, and also logs where you visit, so I'd say that's a matter of the old "pot calling the kettle black."

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

When you say you read it on G+, was it Google saying that or was it an individual?   What authority or knowledge did that individual have?

I agree that Google doesn't like Bubblews, that's not how Bubblews makes its money.   But writing there isn't going to affect your reputation on other sites.

I searched for info on this, and could not find anything authoritative on it. If you can provide a link that would be very helpful.

25. lovebuglena profile image84
      lovebuglenaposted 9 years ago

Referral or affiliate links are not allowed. But I think you can use links in your post so long as they are relevant to what you are writing about. To be safe though I don't use links in my posts.

26. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Bubblews says we own out content but obviously we don't since we can't edit or delete them, or even delete our account

What Bubblews are you using?  Because on the Bubblews that I use, I can edit or delete anytime I want.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/bivric/pageview.jpg

2. deathwalk60 profile image59

I was able to delete my content and told them to delete my account through technical support.

27. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Richard: They must have changed it recently because the had stopped you from edit or delete after post 24 hours old. I checked one of mine and it is delete button only.

The spammers figured a way around the limited notifications system.  My notifications show me activity for the past 2 to 3 hours depending on how busy the site is.  This is longer than the 1 hour that was allowed when they changed the format.  So, to get around that limitation, spammers would edit a word or two in their posts and it would go right back to the top of the notifications. Bubblews caught on soon after and now you can only delete after 24 hours. 

That is okay though for me because the content there is through away content.  It is not created for search traffic it is created for social traffic and with the volume that many of us post over there, what we posted yesterday is yesterday's news.

28. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I tried to delete several posts and system error comes up.

Did you refresh the page and try again.  I deleted a post just yesterday because it attracted too many spam comments and I didn't want that to affect my payout later.  I too got the system error but when I refreshed the page, the post was gone.

The edit button now only works for 24 hours after you post. The posts the site decimated with the update only had an edit window of a week when we could fix them before the spammers ruined that opportunity for the people who had a legitimate reason to edit.  So some of the best articles have been truncated and the authors have no way to fix them. They are left with incomplete articles that make them look incompetent as writers. I only had time to edit about fifteen before they shut down the edit function for past articles.

The main problem with Bubblews is that is is controlled by the cheaters. That's because the administrators react to every new way to get around the rules by applying a fix that hurts everyone, even the honest people. I think that's what will kill Bubblews in the end. The site has hundreds, if not thousands, of articles that can no longer fulfill their promises to Google searchers, unless they have all been made invisible to Google by the latest update when it truncated them. The honest bubblers are very tired of being punished because of what cheaters and spammers do, and soon they won't be able to take it anymore. If Bubblews cuts their pay or stops paying, they will lose their writers, both honest and dishonest.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image61
            LindaSmith1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Acutally, the delete button has been put back but I can't get it to work. Of course, the edit button is still gone.  The site has so many bugs in it now, I have asked for them to delete my account.

2. Richard-Bivins profile image78

I share some of your concerns except that the posts on Bubblews (I wouldn't dare call them articles) are not made for Google searchers.  This is what has everyone's panties in a bunch... Bubblews posts are for social searchers on the site itself.  Advertisers are paying to increase their brand recognition, if they get a click through then that is a bonus for them, but the main goal is to get their product or service in front of as many eyes as possible.  I know, because I inquired Bubblews about advertising on their site but their budget requirements far exceed my own requirements.

If writers would stop treating the site as if it were a writer's site then tensions would ease.  Writer's aren't there because they love to write... they're there for the easy money.

1. Billie Kelpin profile image85

Richard, I think your comment is exactly right! Bubblews is a fluffly little place that people can go to to knock out a thought or two without crafting it with a boatload of images and information.  I appreciate the fact that there at least I can FEEL as if I'm getting a little something for my thoughts, but it is NOT a writing site per se. The model of hubpages was never a model I thought was perfect either.  However, I'm grateful hubpages gave me a focus - a place where I could see statistics and develop the discipline of writing an informational article - my least favorite thing in the world to write. It's simply a proverbial apples and oranges discussion.  I really don't see any harm in a serious writing throwing a few things up a bubblews just for the fun and of it and for a little pocket change.

I saw it as a writing site.  I saw it as a way to publish my shorter articles, poetry, flash stories, (under 100 words).

I guess it depends on your definition of writing sites.  Most writing sites are places where you post your work so it's readable by the public for the long term.  On Bubblews, other members are your main audience and they mainly read your most recent articles.  Older pieces tend to get buried quite quickly.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87

Bubblews was never targetting Google traffic, and that has always been obvious from their business model, which has always rewarded internal activity more than external views.

29. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Same thing  I sent msg to delete account.

1. Jcpuddles profile image60
        Jcpuddlesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If that doesn't happen/they don't respond, block cookies and make a post or two. Your account will be gone in a few hours most likely smile

30. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Jc;  Their bubblews support 2 can't even write a complete sentence in English. Sick of the BS there.  I blocked cookies 2 week ago.  They don't respond to msgs

31. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I go to sign in and get a sign up page, yet my profile, and posts are still there and my bank amount is increasing.

1. Jcpuddles profile image60
        Jcpuddlesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That happened with my account for about a week then it (the account) disappeared. The posts are there but they're so bad that I don't care.

32. Blaber Blogger profile image80
      Blaber Bloggerposted 9 years ago

i was so active in bubbblews and wrote so many articles but never got paid

33. Pico Triano profile image88
      Pico Trianoposted 9 years ago

That's an accurate assessment. If you have serious articles that you put a lot of work into Bubblews is not a good home for them. I put those here on Hubpages. Bubblews is my writing practice.

This was in reply to something Richard-Bivins said.

Well, I'm not trying to write "good stuff" over there.  I'm only posting very short pieces that don't fit the HP criteria:  too short, too personal, too far out, etc.  Nothing that anyone would likely be searching for over on Google.
        That site was suggested to me, as after 4 years here, I still struggle with SEO, and all of that, and determining what will or will not be a draw.  I write what I like to write, and it's often out of touch with what people are searching for.  But my blog gets no traffic, either, so at least here, I have the pleasure of the company of a lot of nice people who are very helpful.

34. CassandraCae profile image84
      CassandraCaeposted 9 years ago

I am at Bubblews.  I like it there and have always been paid.

Found you, and followed, Cassandra. ;-)

35. clivewilliams profile image74
      clivewilliamsposted 9 years ago

i am also at bubblews, have reached my first payout but has not reached the scheduled pay day. Basically all you do is write anything that comes to head as long as it is above 400 characters and post it. Money accumulates when person read, like and comment on your article. they don't support plagiarism either. they send you payment through paypal once your account accumulates 50 US dollars.

What name do you use over there?

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

What name do you use over there?

36. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

I don't get it - I really don't.  I have made more real interactions on Bubblews than on HubPages.  I have read more real stuff that isn't the usual awful advertising Wiki plagiarised sub-literary garbage that passes for writing on online writing sites.

When I look around HP I see the same old - How to Do This - How to Buy That.  That ain't writing.  Neither for MOST people does it make money worth a fart.

I tried writing original stuff here that might get some views but it can't get past the need for 1200 words and edited by some jobsworth from QAP.  Must have a capsule.  Must have a quiz.  Must be SEOd and linked in order to add to the pile of web spam.

There is some good stuff on here - not much.  And there is some good stuff on Bubblews - not much.  The internet is full of crap.

Please don't try to pretend or claim otherwise.

Thank you.  Rant over.  Should have put this on Bubblews but I felt like having my say.

Were you not just getting on someone the other day here on the forums for "rubbishing bubblews" and still using it? Seems to me you do the same thing with HubPages.  Interesting.  Ironically, it's many of us whose writing style you deem unworthy that like you,  support you and read your stuff.   There, now my rant is over.

Yes, there is a lot of crap all over the internet - on that we agree wink have a good day.

Fair point.  Should have posted it on Bubblews.

37. junecampbell profile image71
      junecampbellposted 9 years ago

I must have been living in a cave. I have never heard of Bubblews until now.

1. fpherj48 profile image60
        fpherj48posted 9 years agoin reply to this

You were better off in your cave....believe me.  Bubblews is not much of a topic to be interested in. I have yet to figure out how that controversial site has in any way, earned all the hoopla here on HP.   If a writer likes it there and makes some money.....great.  If there are those who have been scammed and played with unfairly with no explanation, leave & never go back.
        This is pretty much the common sense used for most situations in life.  Stay if you're happy...move on, if you're not.  Is this a terribly difficult concept to grasp?

38. LindaSmith1 profile image61

This is hilarious:  I don't like the new website and frankly, tired of Bubblews. I have never missed out on one payment.  I have money in my bank. I have requested that my account be deleted which means they keep my money.  Did they do it?  Nope!!!!

39. deathwalk60 profile image59
      deathwalk60posted 9 years ago

I wrote for Bubblews and closed my account after a couple of months.  I didn't have that problem with them, but I won't call writers from Bubblews shallow who didn't get paid or didn't get paid on time.  You might be rich and wealthy, but many writers me included need every dollar that we can get.  I not only write from content sites, I  write for magazines, newspapers, newsletters, and e-zines.  Some you have to wait a couple months for a reply, which makes it tough on the budget.  Writers, from Bubblews or any site, are not shallow, for they need every cent that they can make to pay their monthy bills.

40. Billie Kelpin profile image85
      Billie Kelpinposted 9 years ago

Re:  Picture size on Bubblews.  When Bubblews changed to the new interface, my pictures no longer looked good.  Does anyone know the perfect size in terms of pixels and dpi that would show well on bubblews?  I wrote an email to them today and expect a response soon, but I thought this might be faster.  Cheers. Billie

What works best for me is 640 x 340 px

41. LindaSmith1 profile image61

deathwalk: I have done that several times. I have even told them that I have blocked cookies.  I started deleting posts.  All they have done is stop me from deleting my posts.

1. deathwalk60 profile image59

Wow, the nerve of them doing that to you.  You have control of your articles there.  Sorry, but that upsets me that they are doing that to you.

1. junecampbell profile image71
          junecampbellposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually, they do have the right to stop a member from deleting posts. The TOS reads, in part, "By Submitting any General Materials, you are granting Bubblews, its affiliated companies and sublicensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and fully sublicenseable license in and to such General Materials for use for any purpose, and confirming that such General Materials are non-confidential and non-proprietary." That means once you submit it, they can do whatever they want with it for all eternity. You have the right to post the content elsewhere, but you cannot get it back from Bubblews.

Which is why you should only post crap on Bubblews.

Was wondering why it was so easy for me to delete my articles? And for others it was nearly impossible.When we agreed to the same contract.

I think Linda's problem is she asked them to delete her account, so they did - but they didn't delete her articles.   As she no longer has an account she can't access the articles.

42. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I posted a nasty post calling them idiots, and advising people to stay away on their FB pages and one of Arvinds posts, and on my FB timeline.

43. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Bubblews does not claim ownership of any data, information (both personal or otherwise) or other materials that you enter through the Site (collectively, "Materials").

44. JoeYoung22 profile image86
      JoeYoung22posted 9 years ago

Bubblews latest attempt at thwarting the spammers is to include a Captcha for each comment you wish to make. If it works, then it's all right by me.

I just saw that CAPTCHA this evening. Wow, its hard to read them mostly, and sure to slow people down. I rarely get spammers on my posts anymore. The less of them the better.  I've been catching up on relies to comments that are a month old and returning visits. They are usually people who's posts I do like reading and interacting with.

I think I will reply a lot less. I'm tired of continually having to be inconvenienced by the actions of spammers.

So far, it seems to be that the captchas on replies are easier to read than the ones for making an original comment.  With those, I often have to hit the 'recycle' button for a new one that is legible--sometimes several times!

45. kislanyk profile image67
      kislanykposted 9 years ago

I was there for a little while until they stopped paying me. I threatened to go to the FBI cyber crimes, and they promptly paid the next day.

I've deleted all my articles and asked Avi to delete my account. He never did, so now I have a weird empty account. Tbh I wouldn't want to get my name associated with Bubblews so I'm glad I left early enough.

46. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Marissa, I can sign it to my account. If I would allow cookies, I can probably delete more posts.  As soon as I blocked cookies, then I could not delete.

47. DzyMsLizzy profile image85

Ok--new angle:

What about referencing an HP article (of our own) within the text of the Bubble, without making it a link?

Sort of like a topic intro, and a 'for more information, read this' kind of thing, without actually saying that in so many words....

1. Billie Kelpin profile image85

Dzy,

You might have missed my post here in which I wrote about an email I wrote to Bubblews last week asking for clarification of your precise question. I received this reply:

"You are allowed to have links in your post if you are making a legitimate reference (not advertising other products or sites).

Please use your best discretion, and if you have any more questions, please contact me again.

Thanks!
        Sincerely,
        &bubblews
        San Francisco, California"

I have summaries of my articles that link back here.  I try to make sure the wording is different so as to not violate the Hubpages policy, but they said to use your discretion.  My discretion tells me that linking back to my articles on hubpages after giving a short intro/summary at bubblews is perfectly fine.  I don't feel that linking back here is advertising hubpages, it's merely providing more information from an extended article.  I keep writing the staff at bubblews, hubpages, istockphoto - any place I'm using on the web for clarification of issues and I always get an answer eventually and feel more comfortable afterwards.  I think that writing for clarification helps internet companies realize what needs to be spelled out in their TOS, etc. That's how I would feel if I owned hubpages, bubblews, or istockphoto and how I feel about my own website.

Sorry, Marisa--I guess with all the back and forth and tangents, I did miss that post you put. :-(

So, sounds like I could link to/"advertise" someone else's hub, just not my own.  Sigh  Oh, well

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

It's up to you to decide!   

Officially, you're allowed to link to another site to provide more information.   BUT there is a catch - if Bubblews decide that you've linked for the purpose of advertising your Hub, you're sunk.

If I were a Bubblews moderator and I saw you'd written a Bubble, and then referred readers to your OWN Hub for more information, I would assume that you wrote the Bubble specifically to advertise your Hub.  The reply Billie Kelpin got says that's against the rules.

Ok, so I guess an in-text non-link would also be frowned up.  Okay, no problem.  I haven't posted it yet; it's still in my folder in MSWord--easy enough to modify.  I was waiting until I got a reply before posting that one.

Buuuuutttttt..... I wrote to them with a question virtually as soon as I signed up, on Sept. 2nd.
          All I got was an auto-responder, "We've recieved...blah, blah, blah..."  and nothing further to day.  No reply to my query.

That's why I posted it over here!  I wanted to get started, and not wait weeks for an answer.

So, I thank everyone here who has helped out with this matter!  I have quite a few articles posted there, now, and several followers, and following several others.  I'm getting the hang of it..

48. Cynthianne profile image60
      Cynthianneposted 9 years ago

If you write about your hub and then put a link, that is fine as long as you are not copy/paste you article or part of it into your Bubblews post.

49. newjerusalem profile image70
      newjerusalemposted 9 years ago

I think informative links are permitted whether it's authored by the user or others. If it's is a promotional link there's a risk of account getting deleted.

50. profile image0
      robertzimmerman2posted 9 years ago

I used to link to news articles as a citation but no longer. Read this post as to my thinking now.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/125715#post2655017

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)