Stats Page Depression

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (83 posts)
  1. lbrummer profile image94
    lbrummerposted 8 years ago

Today I have S(tats)P(age)D(epression) in a big way.  Thirty-seven down arrows. Three up arrows.   I’m trying to figure out how to handle this low blow to my ego.  Why, oh why, couldn’t the stats get stuck on the up numbers instead of the down ones.   Google analytics tells me that my daily numbers are pretty even, so I really shouldn’t have anything to worry about……but, those dang HP’s numbers have done their damage for today.
    I had to get that off my chest.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The Stats are broken again.  The 24 Hour Views were updated, but they are wrong because the Total Views Ever is the same number as yesterday.  Hence, blue arrows.  It would be so much better if the Stats weren't changed until the figures were accurate.  What is happening is bad PR between the staff and the writing community.

1. Sue Adams profile image94
        Sue Adamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This exact same thing is happening again today, Monday 15th June. My G.A.stats show 4 x more than what is reported on HP stats. If they can't get it right, why have stats at all?

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
        The Examiner-1posted 8 years agoin reply to this

WF,
        Mine are not the same as yesterday, except for the money. They only update M-W.

3. CatherineGiordano profile image78
        CatherineGiordanoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Now I have the blue arrows all over my account page too.

2. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

are you referiing the arrows in the account, where we can see beside our hub titles? Yeah I see that everyday. I am more worried of the broken links instead

3. CatherineGiordano profile image78

Views Up: I want to keep the momentum going. I think I will write a new hub.

Views down: I am losing momentum. I think I will write a new hub.

No stats/Wrong stats: I'm frustrated and angry. I think I will work in my garden today.

1. kbdressman profile image61
        kbdressmanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

EXACTLY, Catherine!  I feel the same way!

4. Lady Lorelei profile image86
      Lady Loreleiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Gosh but an update from somebody at the top would be nice. sad

5. Matthew Meyer profile image70
      Matthew Meyerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I made a new forum thread with related updates.
      You can find it here.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2742823

2. paradigm search profile image53
    paradigm searchposted 8 years ago

Me, too. I'd suggest a commiseration party, but Nebraska is too darned far.

3. EdTecher profile image86
    EdTecherposted 8 years ago

I didn't see any notices about inaccurate stats, but now I feel a little better.  I did some recent updates to a few hubs and thought I'd somehow driven down views on all of them.

4. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

The stats are much more pleasant to look at when it gets stuck with a few red arrows pointing UP. It would be a fright if the green arrows were red because red is a color used for danger warnings (like Valentines wink .
    http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12464895.png

5. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 8 years ago

I feel your pain, lbrummer. The excitement of checking stats, participating in the forums, creating new content, etc., is wearing off. It's sad because I love HP but I don't like what's happening at this time. SPD, good diagnosis. By the way, just check my stats on GA and they are low, too. sad

6. ChristinS profile image38
    ChristinSposted 8 years ago

Also remember guys and gals, it's summertime! I don't know about you; but I sure like to be outside when I can over working and internet surfing - just sayin! A lot of us without seasonal summer hubs see our traffic drop off a lot during this time of year and it will pick back up again (for me anyway) late August usually.  Don't worry, be happy.  Now you have that song stuck in your head and can't be depressed anymore.  It's just a stats page - it sucks, but don't let it ruin your writing fun friends.  Forums and questions are slow and boring when people get depressed and stop talking.

1. janshares profile image93
      jansharesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. Judy Filarecki profile image71
      Judy Filareckiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Christin S, you obviously didn't look at your  stat for today like I did and see every Hub has a "0" next to . That is not summer slow down.. That is a mess up.

7. Marie Flint profile image73
    Marie Flintposted 8 years ago

I'll say it plainly:

Do not take stats seriously.

Now take a deep breath and write a new hub about something you feel really passionate about or just to have fun.

Blessings!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60

Here, here! Even when it says "No broken links" I check my Hubs myself.

8. Paul Kuehn profile image92
    Paul Kuehnposted 8 years ago

I feel most pressed when I see that my current views are below 100.  This has happened for the past month and I always notice it on Monday morning Thailand time when I log onto HP.

9. Chriswillman90 profile image91
    Chriswillman90posted 8 years ago

It would be nice if the earnings updated already.

Kinda wish they hadn't. sad Seeing earnings I've never seen in my earnings report. Eye-yi-yi.

10. janshares profile image93

SPD Update: Don't fret, stats updated (3 hours ago) but down by about 45% compared to GA. Blue arrows all over the place but this too shall pass.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The way I look at Blue Arrows is this: the blue arrow means that the hub had been doing great, had a lot of views/traffic and recently had a red arrow because of that traffic - when that surge ended, of course the blue arrow will appear.  It is all my top performing hubs that get the blue arrows.  What goes up, must come down at some point.

Exactly, Phyllis. I can always tell it's a stat issue when blue arrows appear simultaneously on best performing hubs. I will not fret.

2. lbrummer profile image94
        lbrummerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Phyllis, for giving me this way to look at the stats because right now the stats show that I have 97 down arrows and no up arrows.  That's on 243 hubs.......almost half.  I keep coming back to read your explanation when my stomach starts churning. GA shows I had the best day yesterday, for the last week.  But, boy, I wish they would get the stats on HP fixed.

Just think of red arrows as large waves on the sea. When they are good waves they have many surfers (viewers) on them (red arrow). Blue arrows are smaller waves with fewer surfers.

11. incomeguru profile image96
    incomeguruposted 8 years ago

My hub statistics is down about 50%. Who's to be blame for this woe, Myself or Hubpages? sad

The traffic surge, or flow, reading your Hubs.

12. Paul Kuehn profile image92
    Paul Kuehnposted 8 years ago

My stats are also down 50 percent.  What's new for a Monday?

13. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 8 years ago

Yes, I agree that the stats of late are a bit erratic to say the least! Today I have the lowest number of views ever, not a pleasant stat to wake up to. As a more experienced hubber I'm perhaps more tolerant of these glitches. I know they're 'false' and that in the long run figures will even out and become true. What worries me is that promising newcomers who write good stuff may be completely put off by these annoying inefficiencies and not hang around so long - they'll be off to some other site or creating their own - undermining HP at a time when we least need it.
    If I were on the staff I'd be wary of this potential loss of writers and try and figure out just why these stats are misfiring so often. Isn't the devil in the details and these details are important.

+1

14. firstcookbooklady profile image85
    firstcookbookladyposted 8 years ago

it's not a big deal.... you're okay (((hug))... I have a few that have up and down arrows a lot. I ignore them... But if you do have up and down arrows, feel good about it..That means that you had a lot of traffic, at one point, and just wait.. they'll be back With more of their friends. Like ants to a picnic. One minute they're swarming and the next minute it's quiet... like the calm before the storm.

1. Doc Snow profile image87
      Doc Snowposted 8 years agoin reply to this

As of now, exactly 0 (zero) views.  Never happened before, and I've been here more than 5 years.

Big time failure.

15. Jasmeetk profile image79
    Jasmeetkposted 8 years ago

I hope the issue will be fixed soon. I am also suffering from the same issue.. My stats shows less than 10% of normal traffic to my hubs.... sad

16. EdTecher profile image86
    EdTecherposted 8 years ago

I don't have time to pay much attention to the stats during the school year, but I have seen them fluctuate pretty significantly in the past few weeks.  And it looks like they're significantly off again today.  Is this a routine problem?  Does in impact hubscores or hubber scores as well?

17. KarenHC profile image79
    KarenHCposted 8 years ago

I am at zero page views for the day for my whole account.   Zip, zero, zilch.

Google Analytics shows quite a drop too.

18. janshares profile image93

Okay. This is becoming really weird. According to GA, I had a decent Sunday. According to the stat glitch, views are down by a whopping 97-98%. Really?

1. chef-de-jour profile image97
      chef-de-jourposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Same here janshares. I've not seen crashes like this before. I'm obviously hoping it is a mistake, or a joke, neither of which are good for the nerves!

1. stricktlydating profile image83
        stricktlydatingposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm in the same boat here, there is a problem with my HP views and Adsense stats today, have checked my page ranks on my best performing Hubs and they haven't changed so something must be seriously wrong with my stats to have such a massive drop like this.

19. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 8 years ago

What is the difference whether you have blue arrows, red arrows or no arrows? You still have readers and a Hub and you are alive.

Not afraid of death, Kevin. I'm grateful for a lot. I just find this whole thing curious and annoying. It's getting old. I know the complaining becomes annoying, too. But we just want to understand since we're working hard to create and upkeep decent hubs for HP. I would be cool with waiting for a fix if we received the decency of dialogue from the powers that be about what to expect. That's all.

I was recently on PayPal to check my balance. I did not find anything on there. So who says anything is correct or wrong.

I don't know but things are definitely off. Some hubbers are wondering if it is indeed affecting earnings. My understanding is that earnings are separate. I guess the only real way to know is if hubbers who get monthly payouts are not seeing them. I don't get monthly payout so I wouldn't see a difference in that way.

2. CatherineGiordano profile image78

janshares: Common courtesy from HP would be nice.

2. stricktlydating profile image83
      stricktlydatingposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm worried about what the issue might be, and my income, not about the arrows. Because for the past 4 years my daily views have been in the 10's of thousands and today are currently showing a figure under 100.  It's obviously not a fluctuation, the stats have stopped at some point all together or are broken.

1. WiccanSage profile image92
        WiccanSageposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Whew, I had a heart attack when I just logged on to find my visitors for today at '21'. Glad to know I'm not the only one, and that it's probably a glitch.

2. Writer Fox profile image31
        Writer Foxposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I guess you should send an email because they forgot to give you the 10-million-view accolade.
        hmm

20. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 8 years ago

It is summer time and many people are going on vacation. There will not be as many reading the Hubs as before. Even though they take their mobiles, IP's and laptops with them they still will not be using them as much.

1. Judy Filarecki profile image71

Examiner-1,  "0" views on all my hubs is not from people being on vacation. Maybe HP will give us an answer soon. Something is wrong. The whole world can't be on vacation.

1. paradigm search profile image53
        paradigm searchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Actually, they are all at my place; giving out free cookies I was. Things will return to normal as soon as they get back home.

Hope so.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60

If they are traveling or going through luggage (examples) they cannot use their cells/computers/etc. There may be many reasons other than fault of HP.
        Presently I believe that some search engines/browsers are having problems.

1. SheilaMilne profile image91
          SheilaMilneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Google Analytics says my views are normal, only HubPages stats are showing 0.  It has nothing to do with being on vacation, or browser problems.

So they are a little backed up at the moment. Give them time to get things straightened out. They are removing old files, adding new ones and changing some.

1. CatherineGiordano profile image78

How do you know what the HP staff is doing? And why can't they say that and give an estimated time for things to return to normal? And why does it happen every single week?

They have told us in blog, newsletters, on HubPages...

2. ChristinS profile image38
            ChristinSposted 8 years agoin reply to this

+1 mine are at 0 too and I've never actually been at 0.

21. Krysanthe profile image92
    Krysantheposted 8 years ago

Well I have zero page views today...yes that's ZERO.  Never happened in all my years on HubPages, so I'd say something is amiss.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Same here. Someone in the HP control room must've said "Hey, what does this button do?" and hit the self destruct by mistake....

2. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

ZERO!

22. WiccanSage profile image92
    WiccanSageposted 8 years ago

My stats say '0'. LOL.

1. TedWritesStuff profile image66
      TedWritesStuffposted 8 years agoin reply to this

snap me too.. mine say ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

23. paradigm search profile image53

For quite awhile now my first stop of the morning is now GA, not the stats page anymore. My second stop of the day is the forums to see how the stats page riots are doing. lol

Meanwhile, got a 1-day traffic spike on one of my hubs yesterday; best traffic day I've had in over a month. Can't wait for the earnings to update.

1. CatherineGiordano profile image78

paradigm: You could have a long wait.

2. Chriswillman90 profile image91

I'm glad it's not just me that has a big fat zero for views.

3. Sue Adams profile image94
      Sue Adamsposted 8 years ago

Daily views ZERO on all hubs!

Blue arrows on all hubs.

The Stats have turned into a joke.

Hahahaha....

4. rajan jolly profile image92
      rajan jollyposted 8 years ago

Zero

5. paradigm search profile image53

Our lives have ended as we know it...

1. lbrummer profile image94
        lbrummerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Maybe, just maybe, we're all getting 0's because the "powers that be" are fixing the problem.
        Okay, so I'm dreaming.......but, it'd be nice if that were the reason..

At least earnings have updated. Happy Camper here.

You must not ave noticed the "*" next to the last 4 entries saying they are still unaudited.

Optimism, my dear, optimism. big_smile

I'm optimistic that they will go up. LOL

6. Chriswillman90 profile image91

At least the earnings reflect GA well and their real time stats seem to be running normally, but I know hubbers will still freak out from all those terrible hub stats.

7. Huntgoddess profile image66
      Huntgoddessposted 8 years ago

Agree. Thanks.

8. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

Traffic stats are showing! smile

1. Kylyssa profile image90
        Kylyssaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

My stats have updated but they're only about 50% of normal. Are yours pretty normal or are they still off a bit?

1. colorfulone profile image78
          colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

My stats look pretty much normal.

1. WiccanSage profile image92
            WiccanSageposted 8 years agoin reply to this

My stats updated and are higher than normal but it's on par with what Google is showing (looks like one of my hubs is being passed around on Facebook a bit, I'm getting a lot of FB traffic toward one hub).

9. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 8 years ago

Mine have gone from zero to... Considerably more than zero! I'm pleasantly surprised.

10. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 8 years ago

The longer I am on HP, the thicker my skin gets as far as the stats are concerned. Accurate or not, if your stats depress you, you're in the wrong game.

11. incomeguru profile image96
      incomeguruposted 8 years ago

Congratulations! Hub statistics now back to normal. big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)