The word "Muhammad" in the Bible (in Original Hebrew)

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (217 posts)
  1. Ahmad Usman profile image68
    Ahmad Usmanposted 13 years ago

The name "Muhammad" is written in the Bible in the original Hebrew language.

In the 5th chapter of the Shir haShirim ( שיר השירים ), which is one of the five megilot or Sacred Scrolls that are part of the Hebrew Bible or for short the "Song of Solomon" (also called "Song of Songs"). That chapter is giving a prophecy about an individual to come, a mystery man.

Song of Songs 5:15 compares this prophetic mystery man to the land of "Lebanon" which is the land of the Arabs. This implies that the mystery man would be an Arab.

Verse 15 of the NIV Bible says: “His appearance is like Lebanon", so this is an Arabic gentleman (or Arab looking).

Verse 11 says: "his head is as the most fine gold, his locks are
    wavy, and black as a raven". Verse 10 describes this man as being "radiant and ruddy" which means he was slightly light-skinned with a rosy color. This physical description matches exactly with the authentic Islamic sources.
    Sahih Al Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 747, says Muhammad was slightly light skinned, with a rosy color (and has the same hair as is mentioned in verse 11)

Song of Songs 5:10 says: "My beloved is white and ruddy, pre-eminent above ten thousand." This is a prophecy of Prophet Muhammad as he conquered Mecca. It is a well known historically documented fact that in the year 630 CE Muhammad entered Mecca as the leader of an army of "ten thousand men".

In reading the English translation of Song of Songs 5:16 it finishes the description by saying: "He is altogether lovely" but what most people don't know is that the name of that man was given in the original megilot. Here is the name written in ancient Hebrew as it appears in verse sixteen: מחמד . It is read as : "Mahammad".

Hebrew: חִכּוֹ, מַמְתַקִּים, וְכֻלּוֹ, מַחֲמַדִּים; זֶה דוֹדִי וְזֶה רֵעִי, בְּנוֹת יְרוּשָׁלִָם.

English: His mouth is most sweet; yea, he is ALTOGETHER LOVELY. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

There is a plural used together with this Hebrew word, with
    the plural it’s pronounced “Mahamadd-im”. The ending letters 'im' is a plural of respect, majesty and grandeur for God’s prophet, just as in the word Eloh-im.

According to Ben Yehuda's Hebrew-English Dictionary, it is correctly pronounced as "Mahammad".

If you don't believe me, go to these translator links, paste the name מחמד and then translate it into English. You will see that מחמד is translated as "Muhammad".

http://www.freetranslation.com/

http://worldlingo.com/en/products_servi … lator.html

You can also see and listen to the Song of Songs in its original form, in Hebrew where Muhammad is mentioned by name in the below link (please notice the "im" in Hebrew is a plural of respect):

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt3005.htm

Watch the whole video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm3sZfPwv1g

Ahmad Usmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Christian Friendz, why are you not replying to this POST?

Are you ASTONISHED to find the name of our Prophet in the bible?

This is just the start. there are dozens of other PROPHECIES about our prophet both in OT and NT.

How will you deny this TRUTH?

1. skipper112 profile image60
        skipper112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

so the bible you claim mentions Mohammed give me page chaper and vers ok the I will have it checked ok. page chapter verse?

The links are given above to have access to the exact PAGE, CHAPTER and VERSES.

Song of Solomon OR song of songs chapter 5, verse 16

1. Maqbool Masi profile image59
            Maqbool Masiposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi,
            Word you mentioned מחמד is translation of Muhammad but it doesn't apear in chapter 5, verse 16.
            Please show where exactly is in this verse?

1. profile image51
              jacob muhammadposted 6 years agoin reply to this

5:16 טז חִכּוֹ, מַמְתַקִּים, וְכֻלּוֹ, מַחֲמַדִּים; זֶה דוֹדִי וְזֶה רֵעִי, בְּנוֹת יְרוּשָׁלִָם.

2. profile image51

לגמרי יפה in plural form its muhammadim

2. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes. I think the Bible does refer to mohamed but I thought it was in Galations 1:8. I could be wrong.

1. profile image51

and i will tell you again again that our beloved jesus did not die on the cross but as he prayed to God( ALLAAH in arabic and loving father in the heaven according to the bible)"Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").mark 15:34!!! he was raised up alive unto God(ALLAAH in arabic and loving father in the heaven according to the bible)thus saving him from the nasty naked death on the cross !!! but you illogical stubborn senseless people still testify that jesus died on the cross even after he prayed for help proving that God(ALLAAH in arabic and loving father in the heaven according to the bible) did not save his beloved jesus!! and allowed those nasty jews to nail his beloved messenger to the cross naked!!! sad what make you people to think such grievous illogical thoughts about our beloved jesus (peace be upon him)!??/

3. profile image52
        NicoleBeloved1posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I just found this post and I read  over everything and from my view I think Ahmad is ah just mad and is trying to find out stuff because he book doesn't make sense so he is looking for answers.

1. profile image51

yes every one !! we muslims firmly believe in the second coming of jesus(peace be upon him )he is coming soon according to the prophesies of the unique holy quran!!!!!   and do you know my loving christian brothers and sisters the mission of jesus(peace be upon him) in his second coming would be??yes my brothers and sisters on his second coming his mission would be to take out all the misconceptions and false allegations that has been built around him over the periods of time cause unfortunately you christians call him lord when he is not your lord!!! and on that day you worshipers of jesus will say ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’Matthew 7:23 evidence from the bible!!! i am only coating from your holy bible my brothers and sisters

4. profile image52
    2. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That does not refer to your prophet..That is speaking of Yahshua (Jesus to you)

Muslims have searched the Hebrew bible to find their prophet and they take the least little thing to say he is in there

Deborah the prophetess is in the Hebrew bible. My name is Deborah..am I the prophetess they are speaking of?

You might want to read this...
      http://www.answering-islam.org/Gilchrist/muhammad.html

I read the link.

It has nothing to do with my POST at all.

1. profile image0

_________
          It has to do with your prophet not being in the Bible.
          I have a Hebrew bible, he's not in there.

1. Greek One profile image63
            Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you look in the Index under the term "Fraud"?

1. profile image0

_________
              No, I'll have to heck

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
                Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That means you found it

2. profile image0

That should say, I'll have to check

2. Ahmad Usman profile image68

The word MUHAMMAD is an Arabic word, means "Praised one".

In song of Solomon, chapter 5, verse 16, the word Muhammad is traslated in English as Altogether Lovely, BUT if you copy the Hebrew word for Altogether Lovely, It is translated in English as "Muhammad".

1. profile image52

Mohammad was a phony a fraud and a fake he did steal scipture from the BIBLE because he couldn't put himself in it. And if you were to read the BIBLE in the book of Revelations it talks about taking from his word and adding to his (GOD) word. And that's exactly what Mohammad did why do you think your countries are in such bad shape because GOD didn't talk to Mohammad that's why.

1. profile image51
                Rudomenorposted 6 years agoin reply to this

please mind your statements. It can hurt or offend the beliefs of billions of muslims

2. profile image53
                MihaelOstercposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Mohammed SalAllahu Alayhi wa Salaam was the best prophet and best man that ever lived. Even the Hindu Vedas mention him, I think as Maghomet, so you should watch your racism. Thank you

3. Druid Dude profile image60
            Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, but if memory serves me Lucifer was the most beautiful angel in heaven. Altogether Lovely. Just Lovely.

1. profile image0

It says no where that Lucifer was in Heaven or that he was beautiful.

4. Ahmad Usman profile image68

So Miss Freemason, you can check it again.

Hebrew:  זֶה דוֹדִי וְזֶה רֵעִי, בְּנוֹת יְרוּשָׁלִָםמַחֲמַדִּחִכּוֹ, מַמְתַקִּים, וְכֻלּוֹ,

English: His mouth is most sweet; yea, he is ALTOGETHER LOVELY. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

MUHAMMAD is an Arabic word, means "Praised one". You can copy the Hebrew word for "Altogether Lovely" which in Hebrew is Read as "Muhammad-im" , where im is Plural of Respect in Hebrew just as "Eloh-im"

http://www.freetranslation.com/

1. profile image0

You are saying it says MUHAMMAD. In Hebrew that would be spelled
              mem, vav, heh, mem, mem, dalet (not counting the alephs, or added As)

But it isn't spelled that way.

It is spelled mem, chet, mem, dalet, yod, mem that's Mchmdym
              and if we added the vowels it would be machamadim or machmadyim
              and is not Muhammad at all

It is also not a name.
              Sorry but you are reading more into it than there is.

VkhLo  MChmdym

Another mistake you are making..Hebrew consonants have a vowel inserted between each one of them.
              You have inserted the consonant "vav" (u) between two consonants.
              MUCH are all consonants so in the Hebrew language this is impossible. You also have mem, mem, which is two consonants side by side.
              Muhammad is consonant, consonant, consonant, vowel, consonant, consonant, vowel, consonant

1. aguasilver profile image70
                aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like your diligence more and more! cool

I also have a Hebrew Bible before me, right Miss Freemason?

As for the VOWELS are concerned which you are pointing to me, Hebrew is an ancient language and there were no vowels, it is made up of 22 consonants. In ancient times, the reader had to decide which vowels to add to the skeleton of the words. It was not until the 8th century that vowels were introduced, in the form of dots and lines. However this has nothing to do with original ancient Hebrew.

Firstly, the way this word is written happens to be the EXACT same way
                Muhammad's name is written in Hebrew. i.e מַחֲמַדִּ

It has 4 characters:

מַ    Mem
                חֲ    Chet (het)
                מַ    Mem
                דִּ    Dalet

Secondly, According to “Ben Yehuda's Hebrew-English Dictionary”, the word מַחֲמַדִּ is correctly pronounced "mahamad". Ben Yehuda's Hebrew-English Dictionary defines the word "מַחֲמַדִּ" as "lovely, coveted one, precious one, and Praised one".

The name Muhammad in Arabic means "Praiseworthy or Praised one”, so this is the same word, right Madam?

"When the Truth is heard against falsehood, falsehood perishes, for falsehood is by its Nature bound to Perish". (The Glorious Quran)

1. profile image0

I know they only used consonants, but to pronounce the words you have to add vowels.

U is not a vowel in Hebrew, it is a consonant.-U is Vav. It is not a Vowel so you can not insert it into a word that does not contain it.

Yes, I know the letter Chet is pronounced Het but it is written ch to distinguish it from the Heh. Why do you think they added the C to it in the first place?

You have removed the consonant Ch, replaced it with the consonant Heh. Then you have added the Consonant Vav which isn't anywhere in the word.

Like I said.. you have 3 consonants beside each other at the beginning of the word and two consonants beside each other close to the end.

Plus there is ym on the end and Muhammad ends with a D. The ym or yim is plural but in no way shows respect. It is used as a dual plural in words showing a dual nature like eyes

All of the Prophets and human messengers in the Hebrew scripture are Jewish. All that are not Jewish are Gentiles.

I know you want him to be muhammad, but it is speaking of Yahshua (Jesus to you)

Got anymore Hebrew scriptures you need me to explain?

Yes, your falsehood has perished.
                  Please don't fly a plane into me. (pay back for your Miss Freemason)

Lo! Those who believe, and those who are Jews and Christians and Sabaeans; whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and does right, surely their reward is with their Lord, and there will come no fear upon them neither will they grieve) (Quran 2:62).

Madam I LOVE it when i confront a KNOWLEDGABLE person, unlike Mr Kangroo.

Why is there any need to apply VOWELS to a scripture which was revealed 1000's of years before even VOWELS were discovered. 

Madam I understood your problem, its the same which many of the CRITICS have and believe me even your PLENTY of experiance of Hebrew Language wont help you. Just Throw Out that HATE which you have INSIDE your Heart and then you will be able to understand things.

It ends as "Mahammadim" and "im" is Plural of Respect just as in the case of "Eloh-im". Madam, are you a Zionist Jew that you don't want to Listen to that Orthodox Jew Rabbi? Have you listened to that Verse when it is Recited by Jewish Rabbi? Are you more LEARNED than that Rabbi who Recited that verse as:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

Listen to him again at the following link:

"We gave him Isaac and Jacob: all (three) guided: and before him, We guided Noah, and among his progeny, David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses, and Aaron: thus do We reward those who do good: And Zakariya and John, and Jesus and Elias: all in the ranks of the righteous: And Isma'il and Elisha, and Jonas, and Lot: and to all We gave favour above the nations. [Qur'an 6:85]

2. profile image52
                    Shockney Laneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Despite being an old post, and without getting into who the word refers to, I wanted to correct some of the misinformation because I don't see it in the responses. There is definitely a "u" in Hebrew using the letter vav. It appears right in verse number 1 of this chapter (chapter 5) in the word "sh'tu." Vav can also be the "o" sound and, in fact, there is a vav with the "o" sound right in the quoted passage in the spelling of the word "dodi." The proper pronunciation of the word under discussion is "machamadim" or "makhamadim." It's spelled with a chet instead of a hey. Hey is the "h" sound as in "house" while chet is the "ch" or "kh" sound pronounced gutturally. The definition in the Ben Yehuda dictionary is correct and there's no reason it can't be used as someone's name any more than the word "dodi" is used as a woman's name in Jewish culture. As for the rest of the discussion on who it refers to, I have no opinion. Shalom to all from a practicing Jew!

2. Carol Morris profile image84
                  Carol Morrisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I know that this is an old post - but as a Hebrew speaker I need to tell you that you are TOTALLY wrong! Yes, there is a word that in Hebrew looks like the name of your prophet, "muhammad" - but the meaning of that word מַחֲמַדִּים in this context is desirable or lovely and this song of songs has NOTHING in the world to do with your guy. It actually symbolizes the Jewish people's love toward their God.

2. profile image52
              Donald Hodgesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I know this is an old thread, but there are still three things that need to be pointed out.

1) The context of the word you are claiming is Mohammad would make absolutely no sense if you read the whole chapter.  It is basically a love letter between a man and a women.  Mohammad's name would have no place there.

2)  Mohammad's name means "Praised One", not "Altogether Lovely".  So it is one or the other.  By claiming that this is his name, you are saying his name is not "Praised One".  Otherwise, I can just look throughout the thousands of languages for any words that sounds like my name or Jesus and claim that those words are actually mentioning me.  That makes no logical sense.  Just because something phonetically sounds like a name does not mean it is that name.

3)  That word in Hebrew doesn't even sound like Mohammad.  The "h" sound that is being translated is translated improperly.  If you actually knew Hebrew, you would know that the letter being translated there actually has a "ka" sound.  Therefore the word more nearly sounds like "Mokammad".

1. profile image53
                Hadyjackolposted 8 years agoin reply to this

hi
                then i'd like to correct you
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm3sZfPwv1g
                check it , there's a recitement about those verse ,

anyway about " MChmdym"
                also in moslem we're familiar with "Muhammadin"  and i believe it does pronounce in the sameway smile

3. skipper112 profile image60

thank you for proving the Bible was right all along.

Deborah you are correct Mohamed is NOT in the BIBLE I checked too.

Again you lie Ahmed.

you can relax aka-dj Mahammed in not in the Bible the local Islamic CLERIC confirmrd that fact.

4. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Reading these comments ... makes me feel, as if I have entered
      God's Personal secretariat ... on Earth.
      Where all the sundry Secretaries, are babbling at the same time, without
      listening to whats being said ... and variously refusing to understand the Truth.

I am not being judgmental ... as I am often accused of being, but I have the Right to a Question ...

"Whether, these Claims, and counter Claims, bring us any closer ... to love and respect one another, thus live in Peace ?

5. hanging out profile image60
      hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow that's is a stretch..
      clearly you do not understand the song of SOLOMON. It is about solomon the ruler of israel, wisest man in the world according to the queen of egypt, richest according to financial accounts in the bible, possessor of 300 wives, 700 concubines, builder of the temple. Son of david - a hebrew NOT an arab.
      firstly arabs are gentiles - the bible has few instances in the OT testament of gentiles having any part in what God is doing. No SS is not prophetic. SS is about Solomon. SS3:11 Go forth, O ye daughters of zion and behold king SOLOMON.
      This is not muhammad. This book is not about an arab. This is bible and everything in it is hebrew oriented until we get to jesus who fulfilled the Law and showed the way to God clearly and even called God, father as an ensample to us as how to approach God.
      SS can be metaphorically taken as christs relationship to the church, Gods love for humankind and Gods love for Israel.
      Certainly not gods love for muhammad.

6. Shay Kochba profile image61
      Shay Kochbaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hate to point out the obvious here . . . but if G-d wanted to let everyone know that the ultimate prophet was coming, would he really indicate this by an unclear name reference in an obscure passage in a book like the Song of Songs?

After all, this is the same Hebrew bible that goes into amazing detail over far more "trivial" matters.

7. profile image0
      Over The Hillposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, the word muhammed does not appear in the Bible in any of your stated verses.

8. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Umm..
      The Song of Solomon is...........
      about Solomon and his love (whoever she is).........
      Some of the Song describes the woman.   Chapter 5, verse 10 is about Solomon,  as is verse 16 and the other verses where a man is described.
      Muhammad isn't even in any of the verses in the entire book.

1. JMcFarland profile image69
        JMcFarlandposted 10 years agoin reply to this

for once, I agree with you, Brenda.

the song of solomon is a love poem - it's not prophetic by any means.

1. profile image0

This thread didn't show all those posts (at least, not from my view) when I posted.
          This is weird.
          Now I see several pages where the original person's post had already been debunked years ago.........then someone replied again later..etc....

I dunno how people keep getting by with reviving old threads like this.
          I guess it's not against the rules after all.
          I just know that every time I've started to revive a really old thread,  a warning or notice has come up on the  screen saying this is an old thread and it shouldn't be revived unless there's new information or something like that.........

2. profile image0

By the way,  yes
          it's a miracle!  wink
          that we agreed on something.
          lol lol

1. profile image0
            Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You two just need a common enemy.

1. JMcFarland profile image69
              JMcFarlandposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol I don't have enemies.  Just occasional adversaries.  I see it as an opportunity to learn :-)

9. Misfit Chick profile image77
      Misfit Chickposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Wow, you're a brave one to bring this to our attention. I haven't read all of the responses, yet. But I can only imagine that they are HOT!! wink

Fascinating, and I hate to burst your bubble... the name Muhammad means 'praiseworthy'; and it is no more 'holy' of a name name than 'Christ' is. BOTH have been used thoughout ancient history to be synonymous with 'savior' concepts. I'd do a deeper, more thorough study if I were you... Many times translated words are VERY CLOSE to other words. And while you have some references here - I would imagine that there are places around that have different explanations.

In the future, I HIGHLY ADVISE making SURE you can 'counter' any AND all of those 'different explanations' before you emphatically promote something like this that will only make people angry with you.

Christians can be as passionate about their religion as Muslims can - and not all Muslims believe that. (Yeah, I did a short search before I responded to this question. wink

10. profile image52

Matthew 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
      https://bit.ly/kjvbibleapp

11. JasonDsouza profile image57
      JasonDsouzaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Song of Songs (Song of Solomon) was authored more than 1000 years before the prophet was born, one must take such idea as a prophecy rather than simple description, Biblical poetry is typically built on pairs of metaphors, for example "they were swifter than eagles, they were stronger than lions". In Song of Songs 5:16 it's "His mouth is most sweet [ממתקים], he is altogether lovely [מחמדים]". So מחמדים is equivalent to ממתקים, "sweet things". Also, the form is plural. Also, while Mohammed is based a passive verb form, מחמד is a noun with nothing passive. Also, in Hebrew and Arabic (like any Semitic language) a three-consonantal root can have many forms, with different vowels, different prefixed, infixed, postfixed letters. So having Arabic and Hebrew words based on the same (cognate) root and contains the same four letters - doesn't indicate identity. Also, the difference of meaning ("praise" vs "dear"/"desired") must be old as so many words in both Arabic and Hebrew are based each of the specific meaning of the root in its language.

Having said that, it's hard to refute religious or religin-originated ideas by lingual (or historical and alike) arguments. For example, I know some Arabs to believe that Abraham the patriarch was either Arab or at least migrated to Arabia. This has no ancient or modern factual basis, and yet one cannot change their mind.Also note that in Hebrew "pet" is חיית מחמד (/hayat mahmad/). By the same logic you could argue that an Israeli who talks about his pet dog talks about Muhammad. (Of course, this argument would be wrong --in both cases-- from the logical aspect as well as religious aspect. Please also have a look at this video for more clarity (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqlP9XxluOo). Next time before posting on such topics , please do a complete research , I request you Brother , Peace and knowledge of Jesus Christ  I prayer and be upon you.

12. Abid Hassan profile image61
      Abid Hassanposted 6 years agoin reply to this

MUHAMMAD (Peace be Upon Him) Sal lal Lahu Alaihe wasalam.

13. AF Mind profile image54
      AF Mindposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is not about Muhammed. The Songs are told from three perspectives; the woman, her friends, and Solomon himself. In the beginning of Songs 3 we hear the woman tell of how she looks for her lover in the night. Later on she tells the daughters of Jerusalem to "stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please." Who is this lover?

"Behold his bed, which is Solomon's; threescore valiant men are about it, of the valiant of Israel."

— Song of Solomon 1 7

2. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

If this is correct, and I haven't followed any of your links, yet, it proves one thing.
    The Bible IS TRUE and accurately foretells the future as relevant to our need to know.
    It confirms to me that I am believing in the right book, and it's right teachings.
    NO OTHER books come close to it's contents.
    Thanks for helping me see that even more! cool

I haven't followed any of your links....LOL

So what tou think We Muslims dont believe in the ORIGINAL Gospels revealed to Jesus? Surely, we believe in them.

Islam makes it an article of faith 4 Muslims to believe in:

1) One Almighty God.
      2) The angels of God.
      3) The books of God (TAURAH to Moses, ZABOOR to David, INJEEL to Jesus & QURAN to Muhammad).
      4) The prophets of God (Adam to Muhammad).
      5) The Day of Judgment (or the afterlife) and
      6) The supremacy of God's will (or predestination).

Apart from that, modern day GOSPELS are not 100% what Jesus preached in his life time. This is merely because we believe that God's word must be FREE from all sorts of ERRORS But BIBLE has many CONTRADICTIONS (most of them Numerical) and also UNSCIENTIFIC VERSES. e.g.

Contradiction:
      Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?
      (a) Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
      (b) Heli (Luke 3:23)

Contradiction:
      Jesus descended from which son of David?
      (a) Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
      (b) Nathan (Luke 3:31)

Contradiction:
      Did Jesus pray to The Father to prevent the crucifixion?
      (a) Yes. (Matthew 26:39; Mark 14:36; Luke 22:42).
      (b) No. (John 12:27).

you will never learn will you always out of context. you poor soul

2. skipper112 profile image60

Ahmad,

yes you belive in your doctored versions of original texts put into the Quran ,( that is why they were doctored so they could be put in the quran)  again like everything you present it is just copied and a few words changed but with no proof of who wrote your 'so called quotes' of passages from the Bible.

Ahmad there is a good fellow, go and read the bible with a oppen mind, oh sorry Ahmad you can't do that your mind is so brainwashed you can never have a oppen mind.

skipper.....................

ps are you going to keep up name calling or are you going to be decent as a GOOD MULIM .

1. Salmanvardag profile image57
          Salmanvardagposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes and we have doctored it so well that we excluded the pornography and leaving good things as it is and included new doctrines and laws which bible even don't know about....

3. profile image0

Like the Qur'an is without contradictions?

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7167568_f248.jpg

1. profile image52
          Ryyanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The natural shape of the Earth is NOT a perfect sphere,it is rather oblong and bulges at the equator.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_bulge

The unanimous position of modern scientists is that the Earth is not an absolute sphere.
          http://resilientearth.com/?q=content/co … l-ice-ages
          Now, tell me how an illiterate man in the sixth century could have formulated what our modern science has uncovered within the last few centuries?

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8648998_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

You understand the earth is NOT egg shaped right? It's wider around the equator not more narrow. Tell me how a God got that wrong?

1. wilderness profile image96
              wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well, if you put the axis of rotation through the equator, it's a little bit right.  Except that one "end" is not bigger than the other, of course.  And except that the earth is never depicted that way.  And except that it cannot be seen, only measured with instruments - we're talking a difference of 43 miles out of 8,000, after all.

Is that enough to make the Quran considered correct?

2. psycheskinner profile image84
              psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is more like a grapefruit... the deviation from spherical is in the opposite direction from ovoid.

2. EncephaloiDead profile image53
            EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's because an illiterate man did not formulate that. The spherical shape of the Earth was formulated by the Greeks long before.

1. Hridoy Ahmad profile image56
              Hridoy Ahmadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

But since he was illiterate, he couldn't have read it and copied it. And he couldn't have heard it from others since he never traveled outside the Arabian Peninsula. Most of his life he spent in the city of Mecca and Medina.
              So, you can't say he copied it from some Greeks.

4. profile image52

Funny you should say that because you sound just like the people who crusified JESUS because your believe in the samething the JEWS isn't that strange?

2. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One could make that claim if they actually read those other holy books. lol

1. Druid Dude profile image60

Blind leading the blind leading the blind. Yikes. Three blind mice, see how they run. Somebody call that Pied Piper!

1. Beelzedad profile image60

Yes, it is quite easy to confuse holy books with other books. smile

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

This does prove to me that we can read into anything and interpret it to mean what we want it to mean hmm

1. pisean282311 profile image61
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

and that is what happens...it is like she smiled so she likes me smile

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I tend to take the analogy one step further, she smiled at me so she wants it. This kind of thing seems to often be used for more then just justifying our thinking, we use it to justify our actions and there in lies the problem hmm

hey likes me is what i usually stopped at...want me...hmmm...may be i can alter my thinking and start thinking on those lines wink

1. kirstenblog profile image78
            kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now don't go getting yourself put in jail roll tongue lol hmm

lol lol now thats what i call prophesy...smile

uh, Wasn't Muhammad born in Mecca? Hence the praying thing? Got news for ya, Geography :F Mecca is NOT in Lebanon, so put that in your hookah and toke it!smile

4. secularist10 profile image60
    secularist10posted 13 years ago

Jesus is mentioned in the Quran, I guess that means all Muslims should convert to Christianity... or something?

Anyway, even if the Bible did refer to a "lovely" person named "Muhammad," so what? Do you have any idea how many countless men were named Muhammad in the Near East region during the centuries you are referring to? I'm sure at least one of those hundreds of thousands of men was a nice person.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was born Ceturies later & Quran was revealed to him 2000 years after the Old Testament While his name is PROPHECISED centuries earlier.

While Jesus (PBUH) was born 700 years prior to Quran was revealed.

Other reason for Jesus Christ being mentioned so many times in the Quran was that there were many mis-conceptions which his people created about him like he is the son of God like the Christians believed and what Jews believed about him and his Blessed mother Mary, i HATE to write those words here.

So what? Muhammad (PBUH) is the final Prophet of God. That's it.

1. secularist10 profile image60
        secularist10posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ummm... How do you know it wasn't another Muhammad?

Our Prophet (Peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) was the FIRST person who was named MUHAMMAD. Before his birth, there was not a SINGLE, remember SINGLE man in history whose name was Muhammad.

Today MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people have this name "Muhammad".

Furthermore, the prophecies from verse 10-15 are also about Muhammad (PBUH) like his Physical description (how he looked like which is mentioned in the hadith), also he entered Mecca having an army of "ten thousand men", also the person prophecised would be an Arab and indeed prophet was an Arab, no doubt.

Yes, and he conquered Mecca murdering anyone who wouldn't convert to Islam.  smile

Alphonse de Lamartine, a French writer, poet and politician in his book "Lamartine Histoire de la Turquie (1854)", Vol. 11, pp. 276-77 writes:

"If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could dare to compare any great man in modem history with Muhammad?

"He was a Philosopher, orator, apostle, legislator, warrior, conqueror of ideas, restorer of rational dogmas, of a cult without images; the founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?"

(Tears in my Eyes, I am wrting this)

On the Conquest (without fighting) of Mecca with 10000 companions, When Abu Sufyan, the Most Hostile & Worst Enemies of Islam confronted the Prophet of Islam, Muhammad (PBUH) ordered his companion, "Go into Mecca and proclaim:

"He Who enters the house of Abu Sufyan will be safe, He who lays down arms and take refuge in the mosque will be safe, He who locks his door will be safe"

Then Muhammad turning to the people said:

"O Quraish, what do you think of the treatment that I should accord you?"

And they said, "Mercy, O Prophet of Allah. We expect nothing but good from you."

Thereupon Muhammad declared: "I speak to you in the same words as Joseph spoke to his brothers. This day there is no reproof against you; Go your way, for you are free."

10 people were ordered to be killed: Ikrimah ibn Abi-Jahl, Abdullah ibn Saad ibn Abi Sarh, Habbar bin Aswad, Miqyas Subabah Laythi, Huwairath bin Nuqayd, Abdullah Hilal and 4 women who had been guilty of murder or other offences or had sparked off the war and disrupted the peace[1].

However, they were not killed; Ikrimah lived to adopt Islam and fight in future battles among Muslim ranks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conquest_of_Mecca

Stanley Lane-Poole (1854 --1931), a British orientalist and archaeologist, in Introduction to Higgins, Apology for Mohammad writes:

"But what is this? Is there no blood in the streets? Where are the bodies of the thousands that have been butchered? Facts are hard things; and it is a fact that the day of Muhammad's greatest triumph over his enemies was also the day of his grandest victory over himself. He freely forgave the Kureysh all the years of sorrow and cruel scorn they had inflicted on him; he gave an amnesty to the whole populatlon of Makkah. Four criminals whom justice condemned, made up Muhammad's proscription list; no house was robbed, no woman insulted. It was thus that Muhammad entered again his native city. Through all the annals of conquest, there is no triumphant entry like unto this one."

Reverend Bosworth Smith in his book "Mohammad and Mohammadanism", London, 1874 writes:

"Head of the State as well as the Church, he was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pop without Pope's pretensions, Caesar without the legions of Caesar: without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue; if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by the right divine, it was Mohammad, for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports.

"Now would have been the moment to gratify his ambition, to satiate his lust, to get his revenge. Read the account of Muhammad's entry into Mecca along with the account of Marius Sulla as he entered Rome, one would be in a position to recognize the magnanimity and moderation of the Prophet of Arabia.There were no proscription lists, no plunder, no wanton revenge. From a helpless orphan to the ruler of a big country was a great transition; yet the Holy Prophet retained the nobility of his chracter under all circumstances."

From your link:

...the Quraish were not strong enough to stop the Muslims from conquering the city...

Muhammad refused to reach an agreement...

Muhammad assembled an army of approximately 10,000 men and marched towards Mecca.

Read the Treaty of Hudaibia to know who broke the agreement.

Muhammad was so strong with a big Army when he entered Mecca But inspite of that he forgave all his Enemies.

Thanks for visiting the Link.

No, he murdered his enemies, that's why they call them the Muslim "Conquests"

2. skipper112 profile image60

Ahmad'
                    We already know who broke the treaty it was Mhammed as Beelzedad corectly stated 'Muslim Conquests' you can say what you like Ahmad but Mohammed attacked the Mecans and forced Islam war and conquest.

And there is nothing you can say to change history. Get over it Ahmad.

Skipper

2. secularist10 profile image60
            secularist10posted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Before his birth, there was not a SINGLE, remember SINGLE man in history whose name was Muhammad."

Haha! Oh really? How do you know that? Do you have a list of every single person born in the Near East from 3000 BC to 600 AD?

Yes, Muhammad was an extremely influential and famous historical personality, but that does not mean that there was not a SINGLE other person in all of human history who was named "Muhammad," somewhere at some time.

"Furthermore, the prophecies from verse 10-15 are also about Muhammad (PBUH) like his Physical description (how he looked like which is mentioned in the hadith), also he entered Mecca having an army of "ten thousand men", also the person prophecised would be an Arab and indeed prophet was an Arab, no doubt."

Physical description--could easily be describing anyone with those physical traits, obviously. If they said "he has black hair, brown eyes and white teeth"--voila, they have just described two-thirds of the human race.

10,000 men--there were countless warlords and generals and kings throughout the Near East region for thousands of years who could have had thousands of men in their army. And moreover, the Bible is notoriously bad with exact numbers.

Arab--there were a lot of Arabs, and a lot of Arab kings, princes, warlords, etc.

Not convincing. Not even close.

Secularist10,

You bring up a very good point, and your post at least makes sence. I must agree 100% with your point. Thank you for a voice of reason.

Skipper

2. profile image53
              shahry55posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Omg how ignorant you are? Btw Ahmed have given  you the proof  and that this is about Holy Muhammad. If you know anyother Muhammad having these physical characters and who entered with 10000 army then be logical and give any reference. Who Jesus? There would br many Jesus many Abraham many solomon many moses many David. So who are all they you are respecting. Omg there would be many having these names. Omg

2. Druid Dude profile image60

So? The Anti-Christ and the "False Prophet" were also foretold. Are you working on Muhammad's side. If so, I think he needs a lawyer.

HAHAHAHA good point Druid Dude.

3. skipper112 profile image60

opps Ahmad .

was Mohammed the final prophet from God , tell me how many people can back up Mohammeds claim he was the last Prophet.

After all Joseph Smith has 12 people who saw the golden tablest and the angel. I belive 12 people is more belivable than zero.

Guess score is Mormans 1 Mohammed NIL.

I am not a Morman, just putting the facts. So with that many people backing Joseph Smith and NO ONE backing Mohammed, any person with good reason must agree Joseph Smith did reciect the last word from God.

Sorry Ahmad not even close AGAIN.

Skipper.........................

4. profile image49
        crusader112posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Joseph Smith recieved the last word fom God NOT Mohammed.

5. profile image50
    MuslimLadyposted 13 years ago

Assalam 3laikum w ra7matu Allah w brakatuh;
    May God's peace, mercy & blessings be upon you, brother Ahmad.

(My beloved is white and ruddy, pre-eminent above ten thousand.)

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

The truth is shining like a sun!

Thanks brother Ahmad.

W.Salam wbt,

Thanks sister for your KIND words.

May Allah's BLESSING be upon every one.

2. profile image49

why do you NOT speak ENGLISH????
      English is the langauge of Hub pages, please use it.

6. Ahmad Usman profile image68
    Ahmad Usmanposted 13 years ago

Deborah Sexton QUOTE (Believe in your prophet, we'll all see one day. Yah says he will come to Israels rescue and save them from their enemies, beset about them with armies. Who could that be?

Yes! We will see one day who are the true followers of the religion of Abraham (PBUH).

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Prophet (PBUH) said: "By the One in whose hand is my soul, son of Mary (Jesus) will shortly descend amongst you (Muslims) as a Just Ruler. He will break the crosses, kill the swine and abolish the Jizya (a tax taken from the non-Muslims, who are in the protection, of the Muslim government). And wealth will spread to the extent that no one will accept it." Then Abu Huraira said, "Recite if you wish, "There is none of the People of the Book (Jews and Christians) but must believe in him (i.e. Jesus as an Apostle of Allah and a human being) before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he (Jesus) will be a witness against them."[Quran 4:159] (Bukhari Volume 3, Book 34, Number 425)

Dark Black = Saying of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Yes! We will See One-day Water in the Sea of Galilee (Lake of Tibreas) will dry up.(Signaling the Return of Jesus, Son of Mary).

Yes! We will See One-day when a one eyed claimant to divinity (Antichrist) will attempt to misguide the humanity into worshipping him.

Yes! We will See One-day Allah will send down Messiah, son of Mary, and he will descend in the eastern part of Damascus, near the white minaret (tower), dressed in the two yellow garments, with his hands resting on the arms of two angels. When he will bend down his head, water drops will appear trickling down, and when he will raise it, it will appear as though pearl--like drops are rolling down.

Yes! We will See One-day Dajjal (anti-Christ) would be followed by 70000 Jews of Isfahan (in Iran) wearing Persian shawls.

Yes! We will See One-day People would run away from Dajjal (anti-Christ) seeking shelter in the mountains.

Yes! We will See One-day When the enemy of Allah (anti-Christ) would see him (Jesus), it would (disappear) just as the salt dissolves itself in water and if he (Jesus) were not to confront them at all, even then it would dissolve completely, but Allah would kill them by his hand and he would show them their blood on his lance.(the lance of Jesus Christ).

Yes! We will See One-day the son of Mary will go in pursuit of Dajjal (anti-Christ), and will overtake him at the gate of Lod (Lydda is situated 13 miles south-east of Tel-Aviv, Capital of Israel, site of an airport and a major Israeli military base), and will kill him.

Yes! We will See One-day the son of Mary will destroy the savage and unbelieving armies of Gog and Magog.

Yes! We will See One-day son of Mary will bring peace, justice, prosperity and brotherhood to the world and there will be no oppression and no need to fight oppressors. (wars will be abolished).

Yes! We will See One-day People of the Book/Scriptures (i.e Christians, true followers of Jesus and Jews, true followerd of Moses) will recognize the truth and accept him only as a Messenger of God; the religion of Islam (Submission to the will of God) will justly rule the world.

Yes! We will See One-day there will be no need to collect Jizyah (since there will be no non-Muslim people of the Book to collect this tax from).

Yes! We will See One-day the son of Mary will judge people by the law of the Quran and not by the law of Gospel.

Yes! We will See One-day The entire world shall recite and follow one and the same Kalimah (word) and none shall be worshipped except Allah."

Yes! We will See One-day Messiah, son of Mary, will perform Hajj (pilgrimage), marry, remain married for 19 years, beget children, and die after living on earth for 40 years.

Yes! We will See One-day Muslims will offer the funeral Prayer for him (Jesus) and will bury him beside the grave of Prophet Muhammad.

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Both in this world and in the Hereafter, I am the nearest of all the people to Jesus, the son of Mary. The prophets are paternal brothers; their mothers are different, but their religion is one."Volume 4, Book 55, Number 652

Ahmed ,
      No were is the word Mohammed in ANY Bible, I know Islam wishes there was but sad to say there is no mention of Mohammed.

Sorry I do not belive a word from the Quran, A book that was made up then was written by others when its inventor Mohammed could not check the writings because Mohammed could not read. So how can anybody state with reason that the Quran is the word of Allah or Mohammed when Mohammed could not read what was written was realy what Mohammed said!!

So over to the only true God Jesus  ( who could read and write ) so Humble I was born and raised in a true faith, I am Catholic. The Quran to me will NEVER be proved that there is ONE word from Mohammed it it!!

I do find that quoting Jesus my God from the Quran is wrong, it is an insult to me and my Lord Jesus Christ, it just goes to show whoever realy wrote the Quran wanted to try and claim every other God  as belonging to Islam. Momahad came many years after Jesus and just tried to copy and make up things to try and make the Quran more belivable.

You also claim Mohammed recieved the last word from God because Mohammed ( with no witnesses) said it was from God.

But Joseph Smith ( Morman) also stated that he recieved the last word from God  ( he had 11 whitnesses ) so any reasonable person must accept the word of 11 witinesses over no whitnesses. So it is concluded Mohammed never recieved the last word from God. 

Ahmad I have raised a fair statement about Joseph Smith ( Mormam) claims and 11 witnesses what is your answer?

Skiper.
      may your God go with you

Anybody can claim they have the last word from god, as long as there followers that believe it. smile

Beedzedad,
          I agree but you must admit in a Court of Law 11 witnesses beats None, fair statement?

Skipper
          may your God walk with you

If you actually believe both you and Paar could stand in a court of law bleating your cases, then "fair" has lost all meaning.

Have you ever read play, "Twelve Angry Men?" smile

no mate I just use Mormans to point out their claim.

And now Ahmad shows his true color, WORLD DOMINITION  by Islam, Shira law for everybody, that is the true plan of Islam.

But how Islam cannot fight too well, after they have been TRYING to beat the Jews from 1948, it is now 2010 the Jews are still there, stronger and more powfull then ever, Islam tries but the Jews kick Islam so badly, Islam then gets down on it's knees and begs for peace. And the next time they try to take on the Jews, the Jews might just keep what they capture, opps some midle eastern countries might just fade away into the sunset never to be heard of again.

And Islam thinks it can beat the world and impose Shira law, in Islams dreams. Their God Allah cannot do that because of a total  lack of power

But nice to see Ahmads true colours.

Skipper,
              May your God walk with you

1. Hridoy Ahmad profile image56
                Hridoy Ahmadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You are really dumb.
                1 First of all it's sharia law.
                2 We Muslims are not fighting Jews; Israelis are fighting Palestinians.
                3 It doesn't have to do with any religious believes or anything; it was the British who promised the same land to two different group without any solid treaty. And this is the reason why all these things are happening. So stop talking like total rubbish because your claim are not even going to be supported by a Jew because we are realizing what you guys are doing. You guys try to separate us and keep us hating each other for no reason because you know that Islam and Judaism have a really close beliefs. So, if we unite you can not do those things you do to Muslims and Jews. For example: The Holocaust and invading Afghanistan killing millions of Muslims.
                And yeah for the record we are not surprised you guys are doing these to us to keep us separated because we knew that form the Quran; it said that we going to be further from Jews than Christian, even though it should be the opposite. Before we didn't understand exactly why or how, but now we know how are we going to be so apart.

2. profile image48
        Ahmad Usman1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Ahmad,

I did not report you, I do not think your comments are worth reporting.

Ahmad Just because you can recite the Quran off by heart , neither makes it right or wrong.  I still do not belive Mohammed could verify that the Quran was indeed his words, as he could not read and had to trust others to read Mohammeds words back to him. Not in my mind a good way to prove the contents of any bock, and to my mind NEVER good enough for a book as inportant as the Quran.

It is  written that Mohammed hated Jews, yet Jesus was a Jew. If Jews are HATED so much why is Allah reported to have saved  Jesus from cross ( Allah never did Jesus died on the cross)

I f Jesus's teachings are so different from the Quran, why was Jesus put in the Quran,.?
          I belive Mohammed took pieces from every religion to try and make the Quran cover ALL religions. And Mohammed had 600 years to try and make Jesus fit in the Quran with Mary, and to invent visits from Gabrial.

No such luck Rajib Skipper is here as usual . You know I have not  researched anything Rajab, wow please tell me how you know this fact.???

I do not belive in reporting anybody Rajab  as I belive in free speech, something you seem not to belive in. And Rajab you can keep up your personal attacks on me, I do not mind, it is of some amusement to me, that you take the time to attack my words. But do not worry Skipper will NEVER report any body as I belive in FREE speech.

Ahmad "Desert Dog' and "terrorist' are words from me, are you trying to say I reported you??? Ahmad by your last remark any body that disagrees with you about the Quran, you will 'report' so you do not belive in FREE SPEECH, so from now on, no one can say anything you do not like, or you will 'report' them. Then every post you use is usless, as NO ONE can disagree with you. That way you always 'APEAR' to be telling the only true words NICE ONE AHMAD. That is one way to stop the truth if you do not like it REPORT IT..............................

Skipper,

1. profile image48

Deleted

Ahmad,

Simple Mohammed heard other people talking and remembered what he wanted to.Jesus   then Mohammed said as if from a Angel.

Ahmed as usual you know nothing about Jesus only what is miss quoted in the Quran, Jesus said ' I am'  " I am the way the truth and the light'  ' no one can get to the father except through me"you try to blame Paul and you fail, now go and read the Bible and find out were Jesus said that. So when you find out were Jesus states that, let me know ok Ahmad.

And Jesus and the Quran are 100%  different, always was and always will be. My Lord Jesus Christ 'loves me' no were in the Quran does Allah or Mohammed say they love anybody, only you  are 'commanded'  never loved.

Siria law is dictated not freedom,  I love freedon not  a dictatorship, Shira law is Religious law, Islam cannot seperate Religion from state.

And Monammed is never mentioned in any Bible, that is compleatly FALSE.!!

skipper, THANK GOD FOR FREEDOM

3. profile image52
        Omarsuleimanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sorry for later
        Mr. Skkiper have you ever know anything about your book? You should have a 2nd thought .. Watch this video please and have nice day smile

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wGo60DAqUbA

7. Rishy Rich profile image72
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

This is the first time I saw a Muslim who had done some research on his subject.

I dont see any reason why should be someone reporting him, but whoever did it, made him & his argument look stronger.

8. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
    Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years ago

Ahmad, was this done by Hubpages? If it is the case, then where is the justice? Frankly speaking your voice was that of reason. Your arguments were researched unlike that of Skipper. But lets hope that Skipper was also reported and forthwith stopped!

1. profile image48

Deleted

one person reporting doesnot make hubpages block an account..it has to be multiple ones doing the reporting thing..

making personal remarks is more serious issue than having negative perception about religion and its heads..those are opinions and unless there is slang for them..it is ok

1. libby101a profile image60
          libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe hubpages found something others don't see! Possibly copying and pasting a bunch of internet religious sites can cause a ban?

Thanks to hubpages team for the reinstatement of my account and allowing me to respond.

libby

I dont copy/paste text from one particular site. I gather information from different authentic Islamic sites, research, learn myself and then publish it in the forum. I am gaining information on different topics and learning more and more about Islam. Thanks to Allah & also to Christians.

And by the way, that was not the reason for suspension of my account.

Dark Black = Sayings of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

"Whoever seeketh knowledge and findeth it, will get two rewards; one of them the reward for desiring it, and the other for attaining it; therefore, even if he do not attain it, for him is one reward."

"Seeking knowledge is an obligation upon every Muslim."

"Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave."

"Seek knowledge even as far as China."

“One learned man is harder on the devil than a thousand ignorant worshippers.”

“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr.”

“Four things support the world: the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the good, and the valor of the brave.”

“To spend more time in learning is better than spending more time praying; the support of religion is abstinence. It is better to teach knowledge one hour in the night than to pray all night.”

“An hour's contemplation is better than a year's adoration.”

"An Aalim (learned person in the religion) is as much superior to an Aabid (Worshiper) as the full moon is superior to all stars."

“The Messenger of God was asked, 'What is the greatest vice of man?' He said, 'You must not ask me about vice, but ask about virtue;' and he repeated this three times, after which he said, 'Know ye! The worst of men is a bad learned man, and a good learned man is the best.'”

No offense.. but you realize we do not put much faith in Muhammad! We have a hard time believing he was visited by any angel! Because of all the prophets of the Torah, they were all given miracles to prove they were of God... Muhammad performed ZERO miracles! When I read the Qu'ran and noticed how when it mentioned Allah, it also said "and his prophet Muhammad" I was blown away! This, to me and many others, was quite compelling evidence of who was really behind the writing of the Qu'ran! He was putting himself almost equal to God!

On the other hand, Jesus could perform miracles, yet you try to put him as a mere equal to Muhammad. Jesus was indeed the son of God! And to Christians you are hitting a raw nerve by calling him a prophet! No matter what you say, nor how many verses you quote from the Qu'ran, nor how many misquotes you use from the Bible, it doesn't change anyones views or stance! So why are you here trying to discredit Jesus?

---> libby who told you to put faith in Muhammad (PBUH) or to convert to Islam? Those whom Allah guides, no one can misguide and those  whom Allah doesn't guide, no one can Guide.

---> I can quote MANY MANY Hadiths with References that Muhammad (PBUH) was visited by Angel Gabriel and as a result Quran was revealed to him in a period of 23 years. 

---> Performing Miracles is not an ABSOLUTE criteria to believe someone's prophethood. If miracle becomes the topmost thing in the minds of people, such people will always be liable to be deceived by liars, charlatans and evil-doers, all of which may lead lo the woes of any nation. Same thing will happen in the end times when the one eyed, anti-Christ will perform astonishing miracles and will decieve the mankind into worshiping him but the true Messiah Jesus, son of mary will kill him.

Although, we know that Jesus (PBUH) performed MANY Miracles by Allah's will, inspite of that, Jews didn't believe in him and wanted to kill him. This is precisely what Bible points to:

"Then certain of the scribes and Pharisees answered, saying, "Master, we would have a sign (miracle) from thee." But Jesus said unto them. "An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign (miracle) and there shall no sign (miracle) be given to it, but the sign (miracle) of the prophet Jonah. (Matthew 12:38-39)

The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven. He sighed deeply and said, "Why does this generation ask for a miraculous sign? I tell you the truth, no sign will be given to it." (Mark 8:11-12)

Same happened with prophet Muhammad (PBUH) when the pagans of Mecca asked him for a Miracle:

"And they (polytheists) say, "Why are not signs sent down to him (Muhammad) from his Lord?...." (Quran 29:50)

To this question, the Almighty Allah commanded Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) to reply to the un-believers in the following manner:

".... Say, (O Muhammad): "the signs (miracles) are indeed with Allah and, most certainly, I am only a clear warner."

"Is it not enough for them that We have sent down unto thee the Scripture which is read unto them? Lo! herein verily is mercy, and a reminder for folk who believe."
                (Quran 29:50-51)

Although, i can quote many Miracles of prophet Muhammad (PBUH) like  his ascention to heaven in few hours of the night (Isra and Miraj) and splitting of the moon with his index finger but we Muslims believe that the greatest, everlasting and eternal Miracle which Allah bestowed upon prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is his book, the Glorious Quran.

Reverend Bosworth Smith in his book "Mohammad and Mohammadanism", rightly said:

"The noble founder of a nation, an empire and a religion. The unlettered one bestowed upon the world the Book which is a miracle, the eternal miracle and the true miracle."

:"A Miracle  of purity, of style, of wisdom and of truth."

Marmaduke Picktall in the foreword to his translation of Quran describes it as:

"That inimitable symphony, the very sound of which move men to tears and ecstasy."

---> libby, Jesus performed Miracles by Allah's will, not by his own power. Quran and Bible agrees over it.

As a Muslim, i believe all prophets are equal. I dont equate anyone with other.

Say ye: "We believe in God, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We MAKE NO DIFFERENCE between one and another of them: And we bow to God (in Islam)." (Quran 2:136)

Narrated Ibn Umar:

The Prophet said, "The honorable is the son of the honorable, the son of the honorable, the son of the honorable i.e. Joseph, the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham."

[Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 596]

---> libby, The terms “father”and “son” were used metaphorically, not literally. “father” was used by the Hebrews to indicate the Spiritual Father, not the literal father. Similarly, "son" is used to indicate a righteous person.

For about 400 years, the Christians believed Jesus to be just a prophet. It was later that the Church adopted the pagan concept of “son of God.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7bU7BH91C0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLqA8-uZl5w

If Jesus is the son of God then you should also believe:

David is the begotten Son of God. (Psalms 2:7)

Jacob is God's firstborn son. (Exodus 4:22)

Ephraim is God's firstborn son. (Jeremiah 31:9) [how many firstborns?]

Solomon is God's son (2 Samuel 7:13-14)

Adam is the son of God. (Luke 3:38)

All the people who are righteous (including libby if she is righteous) are sons of God. (Mathew 5:9) and (Deuteronomy 14:1)

What you say libby?

We are all sons of God! Jesus himself said he was the begotten son of God, sent to save the world and who shall ever not believe in him shall perish. For God did not send his son into the world so the world shall perish, but for them to have everlasting life!

We are all sisters and brothers of God... and we are all sons and daughters of God! Those are metaphoric. However, Jesus is literally the son of God!

You are reading hearsay! I don't put credit to hearsay!

2. Yunus Egi profile image58
                Yunus Egiposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Libby I wanna ask a question to you. You take miracles as a criteria to be son of god! . Then muses, Noah, David, Solomons are also son of god ?  I think it is a not a good thesis statement.

9. profile image49
    crusader112posted 13 years ago

there is no mention of Mohammed in any Bible. PERIOD

Why would Muhammad be mentioned in the Bible or the Torah? He was a false prophet! He isn't mentioned in the Hebrew version either! This is an attempt to make "Islam" feel better about their own religion! It's a far cry from truth though!

1. profile image49

Agree Libby 100% Islam tries so hard to be in the Bible, you think something is lacking....................... guess the Quran is not enough...............

2. profile image51
        Aarashidposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Assalamu 3alaykum jamee3an. The quran is more than enough. I do believe that mohamed is mentioned in the bible, but only i. The proginal scriptures. Let us say this is not true, it is mentioned in the bible that "the book is given to him who is not learned saying read this, and he says i am not learned." Not in those exact words but in the same meaning, mohamed is the only prophet in history to not be learned after the prophecy was revealed, and anyone who reads the story of prophet muhammad pbuh will know that this is him who is prophesized. And do mot say this could have referred to anybody, bring somebody who fits the descriptions given in the bible better than prophet muhammad. Considering the 0 contradictions in the quran, and many historical and scientific fcts that are only being discovered. "It is not the eyes that are blind, but the heart" quran 22.46.  No matter how many signs are given you will not see them until you open your heart. May allah guide you all.

1. profile image0

Scientific facts? Like the earth being egged shaped or sperm originating from the back?

3. Yunus Egi profile image58
        Yunus Egiposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Why your mind cannot get the fact that P. Mohammad name can be written in the other books as well. Why it makes you surprised? By the way, Islam doesn't need anything to make itself feel better. Allah (GOD) is taking care of its religion. That is why less than 1500 years its population is as much as Christianity. Even though the message is given 610 years after Jesus. I guess you never make a research about other religion. You need to read a lot. it looks like you are brainwashed by media.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
          Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The number of adherents is not an indication of the value. Many nations controlled by Islam force the religion on their residents.

Think of Ruth. She chose freely to remain and she was rewarded richly for that free choice made. No where in the Old Testament did God tell the Israelites to forcibly convert. Nor did Jesus. Jesus expanded on God's example by pointing out many things which showed one should freely live by the spirit of the law. Never did he advocate subjugation through the letter. Quite the opposite.

So, I'm afraid Islam deviates from the word of God, the example and word of Jesus and the spirit of God's law. These points bothers me greatly when attempting to see good in Islam.

10. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

The thread starter's confrontational tone is astonishing. Doesn't he realize Mohammed came centuries after this was written? What does this prove?

It proves this person cannot let their own belief stand on its own merit. This person has to use the Bible incorrectly to try to prove something! I don't know what.... possibly in trying to discredit the Bible it gives him pleasure and makes him feel better about his false prophet Muhammad!

If the Torah was written first, then how can you use it to prove the Qu'ran is accurate? The Qu'ran was written after the Torah! So anything in Qu'ran, that was first written in the Torah, could be considered a copy!

11. profile image0
    Chitose76posted 13 years ago

It's so sad for me to see these replies from you guys, this guy's replies,ahmed, objectively has more logical reasoning and academic values but you guys are "shouting" like a child to his replies instead of showing some intellectual qualities, this truly make me so sad indeed. As much as I may dislike what ahmed is sayings but I couldn't lie to my own brain that he has more points (and some facts btw). But then again this is not ahmed faults but it is you guys as christian who can't provide adequate counter. Do not blame the readers if deep in their heart they starting to favors ahmed's arguments, indeed.. it is very hard to swallow the truth...

1. iamalegend profile image60
      iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmm.What a discussion going on here. roll

2. libby101a profile image60

Chitose... so you find it logical for someone to say a false statement? LOL... so we should not argue the truth? We should agree that Muhammad was in the Bible? I don't think so! It is not logical because it is false! If you find logic in that...please post the verse...we would all love to see it!

I see that you have got to be Islamic as well! That is your belief and business...however, when you come and say the bible says this or that...or Jesus was not this or taht...then you are asking Christians to say how they feel! Why else would you post such things?

Logical is not false! Therefore it is not logical!

libby again i challenge you to show me a SINGLE, remember SINGLE verse of the BIBLE which i quoted WRONGLY or out of CONTEXT?

Now you are calling Bible statements as false statements. I have provided all the proofs for what i have written.

No... I see you going around saying not to quote Qu'ran unless we quote verses before and after... and yet you do not do this with the Bible... you realize the Bile is written the same... the verses before and after help define the one in the middle... yet you post verses that are completely out of context from the Bible...and refuse to see your err!

I have written anything that I haven' read out of the Qu'ran or the bible!

I've read both many, many times!

libby, please write a point only once, you have made this statement 4 or 5 times in different posts.

Now tell me didn't  i quote the above Bible verses before and after and in context?

10 'My beloved is white and ruddy, pre-eminent above ten thousand.

[Prophecy about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) when he entered Makkah with 10 thousand companions]

11 His head is as the most fine gold, his locks are curled, and black as a raven.

12 His eyes are like doves beside the water-brooks; washed with milk, and fitly set.

[This verse describing the physical description of prophet that matches exactly with the authentic Islamic sources]

13 His cheeks are as a bed of spices, as banks of sweet herbs; his lips are as lilies, dropping with flowing myrrh.

14 His hands are as rods of gold set with beryl; his body is as polished ivory overlaid with sapphires.

15 His legs are as pillars of marble, set upon sockets of fine gold; his aspect is like Lebanon, excellent as the cedars.

[This verse compares this mystery man to the land of "Lebanon" which is the land of the Arabs.]

16 His mouth is most sweet; yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.'

[This last verse mentions the name 'Muhammad'  in Hebrew which is exactly how the name Muhammad is written in Hebrew]

That is completely false! This has nothing to do with Muhammad! No where does it mention the word Muhammad in the Hebrew Text! This is a far stretch!

Plus... do you even know anything about the song of Solomon? If you did, you would realize this is between a husband and his wife... she is describing her husband here.... LOL... read the rest of the song of solomon!

In one sense yes but The Queen of Sheba is describing Solomon her beloved here.

In the sense that Sheba represents Israel and Solomon God the Savior and His love for Israel yes this is what this passage is about.

In this Abishag had been the nurse of David in his old age. She was the queen of the providence of Sheba in Israel .

Solomon loved her when he met her tending his father and married her.

This love story is about that love but it is more it parallels the Love Christ Jesus has for His Church.

If you read the entire book of the song of Solomon you would understand what it means... it has NOTHING to do with Muhammad!

libby you are internally blind thats why you will never be able to understand things even if the proofs are provided.

libby first of all settle the dispute with your Christian friends because 90% of them believe this prophecy is about Jesus (PBUH) and you are saying its about Solomon (PBUH).

Solomon (PBUH) was not from the land of lebonan at all. He was not at all an Arab.

2ndly, the prophecy of 10000 is not about Solomon (PBUH), it about Muhammad (PBUH) when he entered Makkah with his companions.

3rdly, even though the physical description matches that of our prophet in Hadiths but inspite of that, we can take this phisical description for any Semitic man.

4th, the word used in Hebrew for altogether lovely in the last verse is exactly the same as the name of Muhammad is written in Hebrew.

5th, the Rabbi translated this word as "Mahammadim" in Hebrew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm3sZfPwv1g

I'm sorry but you are absolutely wrong... this is well known and always has been to be about Solomon and his love for a woman and her love for him... it has NOTHING to do with Muhammad! You are the one that is internally blind! Before anyone ever mentioned Muhammad...you and whoever else... scholars mostly agree it is about a love between a man and a woman! You are completely wrong!

No where in the Hebrew text does it even utter the word Muhammad! It's funny how you dig and dig until you find something that you think proves something but if you knew the Bible at all you would realize it is something totally different! Read all of Solomon...then come back!

2. profile image0
        Chitose76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Libby... 

The problem is... You're saying "what you feel" instead of "what you think"...got it?

Academically speaking, If you say, "I love you" or "I believe this or that", these statement alone, are they logical? Get my logic? smile

True and False are part of logic... Logical means it contains logic... Therefore a false argument can also be a logical one... Are you with me?

What are the things that constitute the reasoning of an argument or whatever one's believe to be true or false?

What are the logic building blocks behind one's reasoning... Is it according to the rules of logic or formal argument...?

Provided with facts, out of research (from trusted/original source), the argument would soon contains academic values and therefore would make the argument stronger and perhaps closer to the truth...  (still with me?)

Now should the rebuttal equally strong ('logical") that would make a great debate! Unfortunately this is not the case with you guys... sorry..

What do you think you are doing? You are quoting what you feel that these Bible verses mean.. yet you have no idea! You take verse out of context yet tell everyone else to post verses before and after when quoting the Qu'ran... I think that is proof of what you do! It's like telling someone not to throw stones when you live in a glass house yourself! Sad! Very Sad!

12. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

Here's what a Rabbbi told me a olong time ago about  Mohammed.

Mohammed lived amongst Jews. He liked them and they got along well together. Then, one day, Mohammed had a brilliant idea on how to make money.

He went along to the Jews and suggested they start a new religion and said that they would all get very rich.

The Jews were aghast and declined.

Mohammed was upset that the Jews declitened, so started the religion on his own.

This is apparently documented in some historical Jewish books of long long ago...

1. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. I wouldn't doubt it, after all his parents stole his name from the bible.

1. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I don't think his parent's so much stole the name as it was probably a name in common use at the time... smile

1. profile image0
          Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know, I'm just being an alarmist.

1. profile image0

wink

2. profile image51
          Aarashidposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No actually, the name was not used at the time except for prophet muhammad pbuh, it became widely used after him

2. profile image49
      OmarSenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

have you ever asked yourself how mohammed became successful? because mohammed was fair and didn't ever cared for the money, he always wanted people to follow god and be become muslim.

Jews tryed many times to kill him, but they failed, because god saved him, no one could kill him, and he didn't make any rules by himself, all everything he said, was god words (Qu'ran)

"started his own relgion" what are you talking about? no one can start a relgion by himself and make it one of the most known relgion in the world.

Muhammad was successful because he married a rich woman who left him quite a bit of money!

He raided caravans and robbed people! That is not fair!

I disagree with you... anyone can start a religion...all they need are followers and thus a religion is born! And that is exactly what he did. He started with a handful of people that had no direction and because he could "talk" well and twisted many other religions into his own.. he developed quite a group of followers over time. He then used the sword to make others follow... It's all history!

libby, Thanks for atleast confessing that Muhammad (PBUH) was successful....

Bcoz of a rich woman?

---> First Marriage of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH):

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) never touched a woman until he was 25 years of age when he married for the first time. He married Khadijah, 40 years old lady, twice widowed much older (15 years senior) than him and she initiated the marriage proposal herself and he accepted the proposal in spite of her age and marital status. At that time, he could have found more beautiful girls and much younger. This marriage lasted for 25 years, and he did not marry anyone until after her death. At that time Prophet was 50 and he called that year "The year of sorrow."

Edward Gibbon in his book "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire" writes:

During the 25-years of their marriage, Khadija's youthful husband abstained from the right of polygamy, and the pride or tenderness of the venerable matron was never insulted by the society of a rival. After her death, the Prophet placed her in the rank of four perfect women, with the sister (sic) of Moses, the mother of Jesus, and Fatima.

This marriage serves as a legislative basis for Muslims:

1) It shows that it’s permissible for a man to marry a woman older than him.

2) For a bachelor to marry a widow, and

3) For an employee to marry his employer.

---> If starting religion is so so easy, why dont you start with some of your followers? The religion of Islam was not at all started by Muhammad (PBUH), this is a joke. Adam (PBUH) was the first man who was bestowed by God, the religion of the "Submission to the will of God." And afterwards, Noah, Abraham, David, Moses, Jesus (Peace and blessings be upon all of them) were sent by God to their own tribes and people and Muhammad was sent for the whole of Mankind and he only completed the religion of islam revealed to earlier prophets from God.

God says in the Qur'an: “This day I have perfected your religion for you, and have perfected my favor upon you, and have chosen for you Al-Islam (Submission to the will of God) as your religion.” (Qur'an 5:3). It does not say “I have revealed your religion for you.” It clearly says “perfected” meaning, that it already existed.

---> libby i have told you many times that whenever you write non-sense, always give proofs. Now when he roobed or raided caravans?

I have no need to start a religion! I believe in Jesus, for he is the son of God. And everyone will see this in the end!

I never said there was anything wrong with Muhammad marrying an older woman, or that he did wrong in that at all!

I said he was successful because he had her wealth behind him! People listen to a wealthy man because he carries a lot of weight in the community!

I'm sorry but Muhammad did start the religion! Sure the word existed... no doubt... but he alone started that religion! He took the supreme god that was over all the lesser gods and told his people they should serve that one god... and it was in fact the moon god Allah!

Sure he was faithful to his wife, no doubt... she had a lot of money! I'm sure he would have done anything she wanted... she brougth him great wealth! After she died he made up for lost time! he married quite a few times... even forced his son in law to divorce his wife so he could marry her, because he seen her changing clothes! But... Jesus said God said not to put away your wife, that it wasn't so since the beginning of time.... I'm sorry but your god is not the same God that Jesus spoke of!

I write the truth... if you call truth nonsense... then that is up to you!

1. profile image49

LOL
              Mohammad didn't have a son, so please.....

2. profile image0

Really???? Rev. Syang Moon did. So did Ron Hubbard (Scientology). So did Joseph Smith.

Because there are so many gullible people around, it's very easy to start a religion. smile

Also, take into consideration that in those days they didn't have science to double check things. They didn't have cameras and phones or anything. People could lie as much as they liked and no one could prove otherwise.

3. profile image0

@Omar. Maybe the Jews did try to kill him. Maybe they didn't. There's no proof. There's no cameras. There's only word of mouth. Ever played the game of whispers. One whispers something into one person's ear, and that person whisper's something into another person's ear. 18 people later, what comes out at the other end is completely garbled. The more information is spread, the less accurate it is.

3. profile image49
      1. profile image0

Omar, I read the entire Koran in 1969. I know what it bsays. I have also read the entire bible from beginning to end 18 times in 18 months, plus studied individual pieces for a decade for close on three hours a day. In addition, I've read Torah and listened to the Torah being read in Hebrew and dissected the words times. In addition to that, I've read the Hindu scriptures and studied many other religions. When I became an atheist in 2004, I didn't do so because I knew nothing about religion and hadn't ever had 'religious' experiences. I did so because I had spent close on 50 years studying it intensely.

Sorry, Mohammed, like every other founder of religion,  is not quite what their followers think...

So, I'm a bit bewildered why watching one simple video about Islam or Mohammed on Youtube is going to tell me that I wasn't aware of before. I'm well aware of the teachings of Islam.

Salaam.

Sophia

Believe me i am so happy that atleast you have read the Quran and i hope you understood it too. There are people who don't even want to read or examine it before making a final decision and start speaking lies against Islam.

Those whom Allah guides, no one can misguide and those whom Allah doesn't guide, no one can guide. You are absolutely right that why should you watch a clip for making your opinion about Islam. Indeed, if you have read the Quran and it didn't change you then even 1000's of such documentaries can do nothing.

1. Say: O disbelievers!
          2. I worship not that which ye worship;
          3. Nor worship ye that which I worship.
          4. And I shall not worship that which ye worship.
          5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
          6. Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.
          (Quran 109-1-6)

Best of Luck Sophia

1. profile image51
            dantaylo114posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Brother give the message and leave hidaya to the creator. Don't waste precious time.
            Salaam

4. Ahmad Usman profile image68

Sophia Angelique

An unlettered man, who neither could read nor write,  can't start a new religion, get over it.

Making Money? Ohhhhh God. you are talking about Jewish historical books we dont even count their religious book "Talmud" as it degrades, abuses Jesus (PBUH) and his mother Mary (PBUH) to the highest level. I don't want to write thoses words here. (God forbid me for even thinking of those words written in their holy book).

Michael H. Hart who is a Jewish American astrophysicist, astronomer, mathematician wrote a book "The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History" in 1978. He goes on to search the most influential 100 men on the face of earth from Adam (PBUH) to the current time. What mainly surprised readers in his book was the first person on Hart's list. He writes:

"My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels."

Uri Avnery (1923--), an Israeli writer and founder of the Gush Shalom peace movement. A member of the Irgun as a teenager & was also the owner of HaOlam HaZeh, an Israeli news magazine, from 1950 until it closed in 1993 writes:

“Every honest Jew who knows the history of his (Muhammad’s) people cannot but feel a deep sense of gratitude to Islam, which has protected the Jews for fifty generations, while the Christian world persecuted the Jews and tried many times ‘by the sword’ to get them to abandon their faith.”

A clip taken from a Christian made documentary shows the letter of Prophet Muhammad (PBH) Signed and sealed with his hands offering protection and religious freedom to the Jews and Christians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyga561udHQ

A Jewish Rabbi Chaim Salach who was born in Iraq but later moved to Israel and served in the Israel Army speaks about how the Jews lived under Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) 1400 years back and in what condition Jews are living today in the Muslim countries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skbExDtFiu4

and for your information, half of the Rabbis of Medina embraced Islam because they were anxiously waiting for a prophet who was mentioned in their own holy book "Torah". They recognized him and accepted Islam.

1. profile image0

@Ahmad Usman...

Everything you are telling me has been taught to you by your religion. Therefore, it is compromised.

Everything i told you is what the non-Muslims said about Muhammad (PBUH).

LOL, 95% people living in 600 AD were ignorant and uneducated, who gave you these false statistics?

This assumption can be taken by the people who will come 1000 years after us in 3000 AD and they will assume about us as being ignorant people living in 2011 AD.

I want to ask a question: who could have told Muhammad (PBUH) about the sceintific facts mentioned in the Quran 1400 years ago which are discovered recently? After all, he was illiterate.

http://www.scienceislam.com/scientists_quran.php

13. Naim Hasan profile image83
    Naim Hasanposted 13 years ago

@Ahmad Usman, i appreciate your findings and i do hope that this will bring Christians and Muslims closer and make us understand each other, as Holy Quran talks about Merry(Mariam) and Issa(Jesus) and Holy Bible talks about Mahmmad(Muhammad). and i think you have done your part by telling people about the fact, and i think you should stop here, now let people decide, give them time to think and there is nothing more u can do. you cant give pressure to people to believe what you believe, cuz Allah has given human the ability to judge and think, and giving pressure is against the spirit of Islam, so you better wait and see.Thank you

I am not forcing anyone at all. I believe in the verse of the Quran:

"There is no compulsion in religion, the right way stands clear from the wrong."

I am only clarifying mis-conceptions and lies spoken against Islam.

2. profile image51
      longeenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Naim, I am confused. Why is it that you are calling Bible a Holly Book, whereas is known that the book you are referring to is being destroyed, and the followers of Jesus killed? Afraid? Salam alleikum.

14. Naim Hasan profile image83

Brother Osamn, i thought i wont write anything again, but the comments I've seen from other hubbers, made me very disappointed. You may remember that at the early life of Prophet sm. the people of Makka abused and tortured him a lot, and our beloved prophet bore everything silently to save mankind. but his companions, great sahabas never did anything which could create scope for non believers to humiliate our beloved prophet. I feel that you shouldnt rise this issue in hubpages, though i wont say you did wrong, but you shouldnt. see how people are trying to humiliate our beloved prophet here,though their efforts are in vain, i believe they are wise and knowledgeable person, and i wonder how could they talk such bad things against a religion which is followed by more than 1000 million people around the world, and if they can believe Moses and Jesus, why not Muhammad sm. Does God have given them options to choose? i think not, people cant decide who can be a Prophet and who can not be, God didnt give them the freedom to do so, in the way they believe Moses and Jesus, in the same way we believe in Prophet Muhammad sm. If they cant see the truth, its their failure. And i believe many of them have doubt about the might of the almighty, they might think he is too weak to send another prophet after moses and jesus, and if they think so, they are doing serious mistake. and i also believe people who are talking insane regardless of their age and knowledge, they dont have any faith on their own religion and they see religion as some "text' thing. But religion is not about Text, its about belief, faith and divine spirit. But people living in the age of capitalism and consumers world, are too weak to realize that. 

We know very well what our beloved prophet is, and we dont need to learn "stories" from our chiristian friends about our Prophet, and they hv got the chance to tell us those "stories" cuz you have let them to do that, may be unintentionally but you did. there is an old saying "you need to pay respect to others, if you want the same from them." They way my christian friends tried to dishonour our prophet only exposed their low mentality. And the way they attacked, they are no better than the talebans.

According to my christian friends islam, muslim and our prophet is very bad, but you people failed to clear yourself as "Good" for sure. you are just the opposite side of the coin.

and my request to Osamn, dont put our prophet into such debate, though its not your fault, but we at least can anticipate what would happen when this type of issue arises.we are not concerned whether the name of our prophet is mentioned in their books or not, just remind what Allah told our prophet to say in this situation "la kum deenukum, walidain".

you are talking as if you are a small child or joined hubpages recently. I have been chatting on youtube for more than a year and i am used to these sort of filthy words.

My aim is clear: to establish the truth and proofs of Islam and then allow others the freedom of choice to accept or reject the truth.

Suppose that if a small child is standing on the edge of a cliff of a mountain & his parents are enjoying, watching the scenery. U R also standing nearby & U know for sure that this small child is going to fell down. Will U secure him or not? U will definitely safe him because he is child and he is not aware of what he is doing.

So you mean that i have disrespected them and unintentionally provided them the chance to disrespect prophet? This is a joke. I have always given Christians respect in every post.

You should also keep in mind that those who hated Islam most were the one's who embraced it. e.g in the previous year, Daniel Striech, a Swiss politician who started campaign against the ban of Mosque minerats in Switzerland but ended-up as a Muslim and decided to build the larget mosque in Europe.

Naim, I have to agree with you! I would rather "not" discuss it! The only thing that bothers me is when people like Ahmad go around and throw down Christianity...therefore we are backed in a corner and feel the need to say something! To Christians to say Jesus was merely a prophet is the same someone calling Muhammad a false prophet!

When you make forum titles such as some that Ahmad has, it is clear he is asking for trouble... he wants people to argue with him...so he can put down Christianity.. .at some times he has even threatened to say things against Jesus (bad things)... which is blasphemy even in Islam.

If you disagree... go look at some of his titles... and read some of his posts in other threads.... he clearly has made a huge point not to just defend his own religion..but to put down Christianity altogether... and at times has even threatened to speak harsh words against Jesus...

And honestly... nobody would be putting down Muhammad had he kept his mouth shut. So I have to agree. His opening a can of worms has caused people to talk against Muhammad!

If he would practice his own religion peacefully, then nobody would be lashing out or talking against anything! It's called "Being peaceful". Some people can do it, while others can't!

libby, prove to me or atleast show me a single unequivocal verse where Jesus said "i am God" or "worship me". I can quote PLENTY of verses from Quran where God says "Worship me", "don't take any partners beside me", "There is no God but He" etc etc.

So let me prove to you from Bbile what Jesus (PBUH) followers used to think of him at his time. Remember all verses are in Context.

When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, "Who is this?"

The crowds answered, "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee."
        (Matthew 21:10-11)

"Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know." (Acts 2:22)

"And they were deeply offended and refused to believe in him. Then Jesus told them, "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his own family." (Matthew 13:57)

"What things?" he asked. "About Jesus of Nazareth," they replied.

"He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people.
        (Luke 24:19)

libby whats wrong with my Post 'Titles'? and what BAD and HARSH things i said about Jesus?? Where i put down Christianity??? Whatever i quoted was from the Bbile. So whats wrong with it.

why are you trying to prove that what libby believes is wrong?...isn't whom to worship a private matter?

1. profile image0
            Over The Hillposted 13 years agoin reply to this

After He arose from the dead, Thomas ask to feel His wounds and then replied " My Lord and my God". Jesus said," If you1ve seen me ,you`ve seen the Father"  He also said," I and the father are one." That`s quite plain. Wouldn`t you say?

me?..how does it matter what i believe or dont believe...neither jesus would done prophet if you believe he is god for you nor jesus would become god for usman who believes he was prophet...

Apparently Ahmad has to put down other religions in an attempt to justify his own! I find it very sad!

I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you! I find it pitiful that you keep on and on! There comes a time when someone just agrees to disagree! I can go back and forth forever... me proving you wrong...then you come back and post verses that you feel are legit... it just goes on and on... there's no end to it! Find someone else to bug!

Just worry about your own religion and stop the nonsense! Nobody is worried about what you think or believe...that is your person business! So leave it alone!

libby

If i had quoted verses from the Quran to prove Jesus was a prophet, then your argument would have been justified that i am putting down Christianity.

But since i am proving to you from Bible that he was a prophet, then whats wrong with it? I don't think quoting verses from the Bible is non-sense.

No you use verses out of context and make them totally into something that simply isn't there! It's a pathetic attempt to distort at best!

Quoting the Bible out of context is non sense!

The Torah was written way before the Qu'ran... and it has nothing to do with Muhammad or Islam! Why can't you understand that?

Why do you continue? Are you that caught up in yourself that you cannot think outside the box? Everyone has the right to believe what they want! Not everyone buys into the schemes of Muhammad! I think it is your right to believe in whatever you want! So why do you keep on and on being a non-peaceful person?

I can use the Qu'ran all day long to discredit a lot of things you say...but you know what? I am thinking you are following in Muhammad's footsteps... force people to believe your nonsense and nothing else matters! This is why people frown upon Islamic beliefs...because of people like you! People who have no peace within them...they want to force others to listen and believe! Sorry you are not getting anywhere! Nothing you have typed in hubs has changed anyone's views! Those who believe Jesus was the son of God, will not change their mind because you keep on and on using scriptures out of context... and those who believe Islam is the true faith will never change their mind no matter what a Christian writes... and those who believe God doesn't exist will not change their mind over anything either of us write! So what is your point? To keep on being non-peaceful? Everyone has the right to believe what they want!

Do you enjoy hearing someone talk bad of your religion? Does it give you joy to hear the Muhammad was a false prophet? Because you keep on and on using the Bible incorrectly to prove silly poins...and more and more people will start to discredit you and your religion!

Why not leave it alone and be peaceful? What is wrong with you? Has this religion been beaten in you to the point that you can't stop?

1. profile image52
                  Samandarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

hi...
                  first of all i think you dont know about people who are revolving to islam everyday...thousand people....
                  it is free for everyone to read any book , whether it is a Glorious Qur'an or the Bible... but reading a book just for fun it is not the way men do. While reading a book we understand something...for example if you read the Qur'an you will find lots of the true things and would not be disapointed...but when i read a Bible i found lots discriminations in the book in what do believe christians...I will give you an example.... All christians says there is Almighty God - first (was  first period ) , then second Son of God which is Jesus (p.b.u.h.)( was in second period), and third is the Spirit of Truth (is through now)..AND all are in one and never BEEN separated...they describe it like a  fire and its light and on and on.....and goes on ............
                  SO i have to say that Jesus never claims himself  to be god in the Bible...everytime when he says a word he adds  (now i am quoting)  " and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me" (Jonhn 14:24) . And this is just one example , but there are lots of cases where he replies like this ..... The strangest thing is that he himself  never says that he is God...
                  The spirit of truth that you are talking is mantioned in the bible refers to Muhammad (saw)....

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you." (John 16:12)
                  (i am quoting from King James Version Bible)

Here you christianse say it is the spirit of truth which is 3rd i'have mantioned earlier , and it is guiding believers to the right way ...But i say that this mantiones  prophet Muhammad (saw) .....Because ....

"1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
                  2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
                  3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." (KJV 1 John 4 verses 1 -3 )

Here in i am steel quoting from the Bible....u have to believe Bible if you are christian ....So Bible says Spirit -  as Prophet .
                  Synonim of spirit is prophet...Here is Jesus is also spirit meaning prophet ....and here says there will be a spirit who confesseth Jesus as a prophet sent by Almighty God .. So by now we have a prophet Muhammad (saw) that confesseth Jesus and Allah saying  us about him  in the Qur'an many times...

"O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity"" desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs." (4:171, Yusif Ali)

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60
                Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahmad, I have read your posts. Now is the time for you to agree to disagree. It's not very peaceful of you to put down Christianity by quoting scriptures in the bible out of context.

Light is provided to those who seek it. Darkness is provided to those who seek that, too.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
                    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Druid, Very insightful response.

3. Fenixfan profile image77
                Fenixfanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bang, bang, bang... Man that hole in the wall is getting bigger. My head hurts now. A simple way to figure out which is right and which is wrong is to line these books up together. Which one makes more since and is non contradictive throughout? Line up the gospels of the Bible. Each one is nearly identical to the main story. If I were to have copied parts of the Bible and inserted particular things to adjust it to my liking would you follow me? Hey I'd be a Mormon! smile

1. profile image0
                  just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good point Fenixfan.  Beut you can take that argument one strip further. Line the Torah, New Testament and the Quran up. There is a logical flow from Judaism to Christianity and then Islam takes a hard left turn. The Pentateuch states clearly a prophet cannot lie, but if you believe Islam, they all lied until Mohamed came along. I don't get how they get past that one

15. Naim Hasan profile image83

and im also very disappointed reading your comments. you tried to prove Islam true to the nonbelievers, but in the way of doing so, you are dishonouring our beloved prophet, may be unintentionally, but you shouldnt use the word like "illiterate" for our prophet, its Allah who is his teacher, instead of getting knowledge from any erroneous human schools, he got the knowledge from the Almighty.

I was thoroughly convinced when he stated the moon was split in half. lol

lol

2. Druid Dude profile image60

Negative and positive polarity. It does have two sides (There is no dark side of the moon, matter of fact, it's all dark...Pink Floyd, 1973

Naim Hasan

YES i made a mistake by using an inappropriate word BUT this is because i posted my last comments in a HURRY (as i was busy in EXAMS preparation). What i meant was that Prophet (PBUH) was UNLEARNED, could neither READ nor WRITE.

I apologize for that and seek Allah's Mercy. May Allah forgive me. Aameen.

16. heavenbound5511 profile image66
    heavenbound5511posted 13 years ago

Some refer chapter 5:16, of the Song of Songs, to Muhammad, simply because in the Hebrew the word mahamaddim, "delights," "delightfulnesses," occurs there, and is derived from the same root ([1], [2])

But we find that the word in Hebrew is a common, and not a proper noun (i.e. not a name), as the use of the plural here shows.

The same word occurs again as a common noun in Hosea 9:6,16; 1 Kings 20:6; Lamentations 1:10,11; 2:4; Isaiah 64:10; 2 Chronicles 36:19; Ezekiel 24:16,21,25. In the last passage (Ezekiel 24:16, "the desire of thine eyes") it is applied to a woman, Ezekiel's wife (compare verse 18), and to the sons and daughters of the idolatrous Jews (verse 25). It would be just as wise to apply the word to Muhammad HERE as in the Song of Songs.

In Arabic many words are formed from the same root , but they do not on that account denote Muhammad.

17. profile image52
    Elisah1957posted 13 years ago

This is a message spoken to Prophet Isaiah, giving of G-d, about the future of Egypt, North Africa.

Isaiah 19:16-25

A time is coming when the Egyptians will be as weak as woman, cowering in fear beneath the upraised fist of G-d. Just to speak the name of Israel will strike deep terror in their hearts, for the L-rd Almighty has laid his plans against them. At that time five of the cities of Egypt will follow the L-rd Almighty and will begin to speak the Hebrew language. One of these will be Heliopolis, “The City of The Sun.” ( The ancient holy city where the Egyptian sun goddess was worshiped) (Modern Day, Cairo, Egypt). And there will be an altar to the L-rd in the heart of Egypt in those days, and a monument to the L-rd at it's border. This will be for a sign of loyalty to the L-rd Almighty; than when they cry to the L-rd for help against those who oppress them, He will send them a savior and He shall deliver them.

In that day the L-rd will make Himself known to the Egyptians. Yes, they will know the L-rd and give their sacrifices and offerings to Him; They will make Promises to G-d and keep them. The L-rd will smite Egypt and then restore her! For the Egyptians will turn to the L-rd and He will listen to their plea and heal them. In that day Egypt and Assyria (Modern Day, Iraq) will be connected by a highway, and the Egyptians and the Iraqi will move freely back and forth between their lands, and they shall worship the same G-d. And Israel shall be their ally; The three will be together, and Israel will be a blessing to them.

For the L-rd will bless Egypt and Iraq because of their friendship with Israel. He will say, “Blessed be Egypt, my people; blessed be Iraq, the land I created; blessed be Israel, my inheritance!”

One must follow and ask G-d to reveal His word with understanding, for it is important to be careful of speaking for G-d, giving the salvation of others, for as is written by word of G-d to Moses (Romans 9:15) For G-d had said to Moses, if I want to be kind to someone, I will.  And I will take pity on anyone I want to.

Therefore, one never knows with whom is giving favor of G-d.

The tongue is a small thing but what enormous damage it can do. (James 3:5). Not only to others but one own salvation giving of G-d. Our Father, Our G-d, Our L-rd, Our Messiah, Our Savior, Our Redeemer, The Blessed One, these, His Name Forever; commands all to mind one own affairs for own salvation, (cast not the first stone), to rid oneself of Jealously, anger and contempt (be not like Cain), Instruct through His spiritual teachings, using discernment giving of the Holy Spirit. And leave alone His divine plan; Therefore one will not be found guilty in His sight, losing His grace.

For We Are All Worthy Of Hell!

18. profile image51
    yemimaposted 10 years ago

Ahmad, you must understand that you testify to all that have read your posts that the truth is contained within the Hebrew Scriptures, and the Jews nor Christians search the Quran for truth. So why does dispute arise? You are testifying that the truth is found in the Hebrew Scriptures. So if the truth is contained within the Hebrew Scripture the TANAKH, why do you dispute. Truth is not transferable. The prophecy in that verse Song of Solomon 5:16 pertains to Yeshua Mashiach. We need not search any other doctrine for this truth.

1. janesix profile image59
      janesixposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Whats a Yeshua Mashiach?

19. Madyan profile image58
    Madyanposted 10 years ago

Dear Brother Ahmed, Peace be upon you! I appreciate your efforts to escalate the essence of true religion ,Islam.I pray Allah to give guidance and right path for these unbelievers.I hope, it shall be a door opener to bring the unbelievers to light of Islam; Insha Allah...!!

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You sound just like a Jehovah Witness. Except she say Jehovah. Not Allah. Other than that tiny little difference, you guys could be twins. smile

20. lazrdo profile image58
    lazrdoposted 8 years ago

غياب العقوبات في كتاب النصارى المحرف ليس تسامحا، بل تشجيع على الجريمة! فلا تزايدوا علينا به!

الـمُنَصِّرون (من يسمون أنفسهم بالتبشيريين) يتفاخرون علينا بأن كتابهم (المحرف طبعا) كله محبة وسلام بينما الإسلام فيه تخويف كثير من النار والعقوبة.

دعنا نتجاوز نقطة هل الإنجيل المحرف كله محبة وسلام بالفعل أم لا ونسأل السؤال التالي: هل هذا شيء جيد أن يخلو من العقوبات والتخويف؟ أم أنه أدى إلى خلل نفسي وسلوكي؟

عندما ترى نصارى إفريقيا الوسطى يحرقون ويطعنون ويقطعون المسلمين مع أن العلاقة بينهم كانت جيدة ولا أحقاد قديمة، وعندما ترى سلوكا مشابها في البوسنة على يد الصرب والكروات، وفي نيجيريا، وفي إندونيسيا ودول أخرى...اسأل نفسك: أليس في دين هؤلاء ما يمنعهم من هذه الممارسات؟ أليست هناك عقوبة منصوصة على إيذائهم للآخرين؟

في الواقع، ليس في الإنجيل المحرف عقوبات واضحة لمن يعتدي ويظلم الآخرين. ليس هناك جنة ونار بأوصاف محددة كما في القرآن والسنة. عقيدة الثواب والعقاب غامضة متضاربة كما هو دينهم المحرف جملة. هناك حديث عن العقاب ببحيرة الكبريت والدود، لكن من الذي يستحق هذا العقاب؟ غير واضح. ثم إن تحريفات بولص وغيره جعلت المسيح عليه السلام متحملا لأوزار من آمن بأن الله حل في المسيح الذي صلب على الخشبة! تعالى الله عما يقولون علوا كبيرا.

ثم تضاربت نصوصهم وآراؤهم ومدارسهم في الآثام التي تُكفر بالصلب المزعوم للرب: أهي خطيئة آدم الأولى؟ أم ما كان قبل التعميد؟ أم الخطايا كلها؟ وهل يجب معها الإيمان بقيام المسيح؟
    ثم الخطايا التي لم تكفر، أسقطتها بعض مذاهبهم بصكوك الغفران التي يمنحها رجل الكنيسة للفتاة التي تجلس بين يديه في خلوة تشرح له بالتفصيل كيف زنت! أو مقابل المال الذي يستطيع دفعه الغني دون الفقير.

اسأل الـمُنصِّر الذي يمن عليك بـــ"الرحمة" و"المحبة" وغياب العقوبة والشدة في دينهم المحرف...اسأله: أيها المتسامح الرحيم، إن قمت بتعذيبي وقتلي وتقطيعي، ما عقوبتي المنصوصة في دينكم؟ ليس السؤال عن النصوص المنفرة عن الظلم عموما، بل عن تحديد عقوبة.

بينما في ديننا تجد النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول: (من قتل مُعاهَدًا لم يَرَحْ رائحةَ الجنَّةِ، وإنَّ ريحَها توجدُ من مسيرةِ أربعين عامًا) (رواه البخاري).

وقال: (ألا مَن ظلَم معاهَدًا أو انتقصَهُ حقَّهُ أو كلَّفهُ فوق طاقتِهِ أو أخذ له شيئًا بغير حقِّهِ فأنا حجيجُهُ يومَ القيامَةِ) (حسنه ابن حجر)

طبعا سترد اعتراضات كثيرة على هذا الكلام:
    -كثير من النصارى لا يطلعون على كتبهم أصلا. فهذا السلوك العدواني ليس سببه الوحيد غياب العقوبات المنصوصة في دينهم أو ادعاء تحمل المسيح لخطاياهم.
    - من النصارى من لا يؤذي ولا يعتدي.
    -هناك من المسلمين من يعتدون ويظلمون، ومع ذلك لا ننسب الخلل إلى الدين ذاته.

أدرك ذلك كله. لذا، فلا أحصر تفسير ظواهر العدوان في غياب العقوبات وعقيد تحمل المسيح للخطايا، وإنما ما أريد قوله هو أن غيابها ليس شيئا حميدا ولا يتباهى به، بل هو أحد أسباب العدوان والظلم. بينما نصوص التخويف والعقوبة في الإسلام هي في حقيقتها رحمة للبشرية وتساهم في تكوين الشخصية الإسلامية التي لا تعتدي ولا تظلم.

Google Translation

The absence of sanctions in the book of the Christian character is not tolerant, but encourage crime! Tzadwa we do not do!

Missionaries (who call themselves Baltbshirien) we boast that their book (typeface of course) all the love and peace of Islam, while the scare a lot of fire and punishment.

Let's go beyond the point of the whole typeface Does the Gospel of love and peace already or not and ask the following question: Is this a good thing that is free from sanctions and intimidation? Or is it led to behavioral and psychiatric disorder?

When you see the Christians of Central Africa burn and stab and cut the Muslims with the relationship between them was good and old grudges, and when you see the behavior is similar in Bosnia by the Serbs and Croats, and in Nigeria, and in Indonesia and other countries ... Ask yourself: Is not the religion of those what prevents them from these practices? Is not there Mansosh the abuse of others penalty?

In fact, not in the Bible character and clear penalties for those who assault and oppress others. There is no fire and the Commission as specific descriptions in the Qur'an and Sunnah. The doctrine of reward and punishment conflicting vague as their religion among other typeface. There is talk of punishment and worms sulfur lake, but who deserve this punishment? UN clear. Moreover, the distortions made Paul and other Christ peace be upon him Tmla for the sins of a secure solution that God in Christ, who was crucified on the tree! God far above what they say.

Then there were conflicting texts, opinions and schools in the sins that atone alleged crucifixion of the Lord: Is it the first sin of Adam? Or what it was before the christening? Or all sins? Do I have faith in the fact that with Christ?
    Then sins that have not atone, dropped by some sects instruments forgiveness granted by the man of the Church of the girl that sit between his hands in retreat explain to him in detail how committed adultery! Or for money that can pay rich without the poor.

Ask a missionary who bless you with "compassion" and "love" and the absence of punishment and intensity in the character of their religion ... ask him: O tolerant Merciful, if you tortured me and kill me and Cut me to small pieces, what my sentence which is written in your religion? The question is not about repulsive about injustice in general texts, but for determining punishment.

While find in our Prophet, peace be upon him say: (a confederate of the killing did not smell the fragrance of Paradise, though its fragrance there from a distance of forty years) (Bukhari).

He said: (not from the oppression of a confederate or Antqs tabbed right or overworked or taking him something other than I am right Hgejeh the Day of Resurrection) (hasan by Ibn Hajar)

Of course many objections would respond to these words:
    -A lot of Christians do not learn about their books originally. This aggressive behavior is not only caused by the absence of the stated sanctions in their religion or claim of Christ to bear their sins.
    - Christians of it does not harm or assault.
    -there Of Muslims from attacking and wronged, however, does not attribute the imbalance to the same religion.

I understand all that. So, do not confine interpretation of the phenomena of aggression in the absence of penalties and the colonel carry Christ for the sins, but what I want to say is that their absence is not something benign do not boast, it is one of the causes of aggression and injustice. While the texts of intimidation and punishment in Islam is in fact a mercy for mankind and contribute to the Islamic character that does not infringe or grievance configuration.

21. profile image51
    Poopoposted 8 years ago

Okay dude you're really jumping to the conclusions you WANT to jump to. If the original Hebrew says "blessed one" or "one worthy of praise", that more than likely is talking about YHWH, the God of the Jews, aka Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel). This book was written most likely by Solomon, using himself in the text as the man, but also using himself metaphorically. This book is about what godly marriage between a man and a woman looks like, which is used all over in the old AND New Testament as a metaphor representing the Messiah and God's people. And this Messiah, whether you believe Jesus was him or not, could not have been Muhammad because the Messiah had to be: 1) given to Israel 2) born of a virgin 3) from the line of Judah, a descendant of King David. Muhammad was none of these 3. He was by no means a messiah, and undoubtedly denied all original Judaic scripture, including the Torah, which is one of the first big ways God revealed Himself to people. As well as Song of Solomon, which is also part of original Judaic scripture. In order for you to have any sort of "lead", you need to fit the context of the entirety of the text, which you don't. I'll tell you somebody who did, though, and his name is Jesus.

1. profile image52
      Samandarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

the Prophet Jesus and the Bible is sent to people of Izrael and only...

22. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 8 years ago

I wish someone could explain to me why that matters. I could see it being significant if the Bible had predicted that specific guy at that specific time doing those specific things that the one they call the prophet Mohammed did, but just seeing the same name somewhere doesn't mean anything.  Or is this a Muslim attempt to show that Mohammed was prophesied to come like the Christians believe Jesus was?

23. Amirali Montakhab profile image60
    Amirali Montakhabposted 8 years ago

Libby101a, your belief is wrong.

24. profile image53
    adam519posted 8 years ago

i would like to add a few notes to this discussion based on what i have seen so far.
    first, talking about muhammed being a false prophet and not having miracles, he did have plenty, most notorious splitting the moon for his people in mecca so that they would believe in him. ( there are historical records of several civilizations existing at the same period reporting this as well as it was proven by NASA, google it)
    secondly, he was merciful and most forgiving and did not go by the sword. this is easily found in valid sources by christian scholars praising his character. the concept of spreading religion by the sword is against the fundamental teaching of islam and what is being publicized is the era of the ummayads ( 30 years after muhammed's death) where a super power wanted to spread it influence and power like any super power before or after. humans are humans, religion has nothing to do with people wanting to get more land and more money. every civilization did that ( Egyptians, Persians, Greeks, Macedonians, Romans, Arabs, Turks, English and so on) each of them had different believes but same goal.
    my third point is that, people here tend to use a bit of insult to others believes which i really find against all teachings of Judaism, Christianity and Islam. A lot of comments here is of people jumping to the offensive to protect the believes the grow up believing in, we are the right one and every one else is wrong. Why not listen, read and learn a bit more. you will be astonished by how close the three religions to each others, how chronically they follow very similar pattern yet quite unique.

Finally, i would like to add this, i do not know if muhammed is mentioned in the bible or not. but i know that the quran start with a verse saying this book has no mistake in it, (google it and read valid sources, the internet is full of sketchy websites with nonsense). i would say read about muhammed and read the quran. i know for fact 90% of the comments in the discussion made here by both sides would not have existed if people did some reading.

Islam is the believe in Allah or yhwh (in hebrew). it is  continues since adam till this day to believe in the one god and in all those he send preaching his one message to all of us.

1. Amirali Montakhab profile image60
      Amirali Montakhabposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Adam519,

May God bless you with your wise advice and comments.

I agree reading will blot out lots of misconception about religions especially about islam. Islam should be mostly learned by the main source which is Qur'an. Hadith can be really misleading if one does not use Qur'an as a benchmark.

It is intersting to know the first thing inspired to prophet Muhammed  (pbuh) was the word "Iqra" which in Arabic means "Read".

May Allah/Lord/Yahweh/God bless all the believers.

25. Aaron Seitler profile image59
    Aaron Seitlerposted 7 years ago

As an (ish) learned Jew I wish to refute your central point that in Shir Hashirim/Song of Songs, 5;16,  מַחֲמַדִּים is referring to Mohammed. This word has always translated as 'delight' in classical Hebrew and here it is no different, the verse being "The words of His palate are sweet and he is all delight".
    And before you start telling me that this 'he' is Mohammed, it's not. He is G-d, this book is a narrative between Solomon and G-d or G-d and Israel. To suggest that Solomon is referring to Muhammed is a wild speculation that I doubt many prominent scholars would agree with.

26. Amirali Montakhab profile image60
    Amirali Montakhabposted 7 years ago

I read somewhere the reason Jews settled in Medina at the time frame of prophet Muhammad (pbuh) migration was because Jews were expecting a prophecy come true in that area. Otherwise there is no reason for existence of Jews in Medina. They have no other connection to that land.

There is also a verse in Qur`an that says when Prophet Muhammad comes to Jews they recognize him as they recognize their own son. That means the description of prophet Muhammad should be clearly mentioned in the original Torah but obviously it is hidden from public.

[2:146] Qur`an
    Those whom We have given the Book (Jews and Christians) recognize him as they recognize their sons, and a party of them most surely conceal the truth while they know (it).

[2:159-160] Qur`an
    Surely those who conceal the clear proofs and the guidance that We revealed after We made it clear in the Book for men, these it is whom Allah shall curse, and those who curse shall curse them (too).
    Except those who repent and amend and make manifest (the truth), these it is to whom I turn (mercifully); and I am the Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful.

[2:174-175] Qur`an
    Surely those who conceal any part of the Book that Allah has revealed and take for it a small price, they eat nothing but fire into their bellies, and Allah will not speak to them on the day of resurrection, nor will He purify them, and they shall have a painful chastisement.
    These are they who buy error for the right direction and chastisement for forgiveness; how bold they are to encounter fire.

27. gconeyhiden profile image64
    gconeyhidenposted 7 years ago

What a waste of time. Muhammad went to the Temple Mount and flew to heaven riding a horse. Really, how silly is THAT?

28. profile image52
    asifalauddinposted 7 years ago

@gconeyhiden

Hello, it is as true as Jesus Christ (peace be upon him and his mother) was born without male intervention. Someone who still needs some evidence where Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family and companions) is referred in bible may want to see this:

http://www.islam101.com/religions/chris … mBible.htm

Its up to you whether you accept it or not. After all Jews did not recognize and accept Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) as Prophet of God/Allah (its the same!).

We as muslims accept Moses, David, Solomon, Abraham, Isac, Ismail, Joseph, Jonah, John, Jesus Christ (peace be upon them all) as prophets of God including Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family).

Its worth noting we believe in Gospel, Book of Psalms and Torah(though they are tempered now) and Quran, while Christians do not believe in Quran and Jews do not believe in Gospel and Quran both.

Things are very much clear! Jews did not believe in Prophet Jesus(peace be upon him) and Christians do not believe in Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

29. profile image52

@ Ahmed and other muslims.

Brothers you can never make people understand who keep their eyes closed to the facts. Indeed they will be shown of what they did at Day of Judgement. Our propose is to just inform them. Avoid debates with ignorant, the way brother Ahmed explained everything is enough for any sensible person to recognize truth.

Glorious Quran(42:48): "But if they turn away - then We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], over them as a guardian; upon you is only [the duty of] notification...."

Avoid debates with ignorant, the way brother Ahmed explained everything is enough for any sensible person to recognize truth.

And those who make fun of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and Islam, here is a gift for them:

Glorious Quran(4:140):  "And it has already come down to you in the Book that when you hear the verses of Allah [recited], they are denied [by them] and ridiculed; so do not sit with them until they enter into another conversation. Indeed, you would then be like them. Indeed Allah will gather the hypocrites and disbelievers in Hell all together"

Glorious Quran (33:66): "The Day their faces will be turned about in the Fire, they will say, "How we wish we had obeyed Allah and obeyed the Messenger."

30. profile image52

And those who take verses of Quran as "violent verses" (out of context) would be happy to read some verses from Bible:

1 Then we turned, and went up the way to Bashan: and Og the king of Bashan came out against us, he and all his people, to battle at Edrei. 2 And the LORD said unto me, Fear him not: for I will deliver him, and all his people, and his land, into thy hand; and thou shalt do unto him as thou didst unto Sihon king of the Amorites, which dwelt at Heshbon. 3 So the LORD our God delivered into our hands Og also, the king of Bashan, and all his people: and we smote him until none was left to him remaining. 4 And we took all his cities at that time, there was not a city which we took not from them, threescore cities, all the region of Argob, the kingdom of Og in Bashan. 5 All these cities were fenced with high walls, gates, and bars; beside unwalled towns a great many. 6 And we utterly destroyed them, as we did unto Sihon king of Heshbon, utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. 7 But all the cattle, and the spoil of the cities, we took for a prey to ourselves”.

DeuteronomyChapter 3 :1-7

Notice the killing spree, scores of cities were raided by Moses and his army by the permission of the God of Bible, and they killed women and children! What does the Christian have to say to this?

Praise be to Allah

Bye.

31. profile image52

Oh. Last but not least. And for those hypocrites who say "this verse is from old testament." 

You guys don't hesitate to disown the old testament one bit when it comes to the slaughter and rape present in it. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO PROVING YOUR FAKE PROPHESIES YOU SUDDENLY CLING TO OLD TESTAMENT LIKE LEECHES. To me this is typical hypocritical behavior.
    Moreover, old or new, the christian believe that they both are from God. If by God you mean Jesus then both are from Jesus according to you.

By the way I have got some verses from "New Testament"

And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.”

-Revelation 2:22-23

kill children for what? because of the sins of the parents? Is this some kind of a joke or are we really talking about a religious scripture?

Go read Bible smile

32. Oztinato profile image76
    Oztinatoposted 7 years ago

It is highly unlikely that Mohammed was "white and ruddy" as in:
    Song of Songs 5:10 says: "My beloved is white and ruddy, pre-eminent above ten thousand."
    Mohammed would have fitted the normal dark brown/black colour.
    "White and ruddy" (pink) is more descriptive of a woman which fits in with the generally erotic theme of song of songs. Perhaps there is a female form of the male name? Like Roberta is for Robert? Mohammed was very common middle eastern name then and now.
    That said I can see nothing wrong with a prophecy about Mohammed in the Bible. It doesn't offend me.
    Is it true that tradition says Mohammed looked very feminine?

33. Oztinato profile image76
    Oztinatoposted 7 years ago

PS
    Here's a wiki quote about Arabic names:
    "Most names are Arabic words with a meaning, usually signaling the hoped-for character of the person. Such words are employed as adjectives and nouns in regular language."
    In other words names and adjectives are interchangeable.

34. profile image52
    Laura Finleyposted 7 years ago

God knows if ANY of you are saying anything that is true - whether about Islam or Christianity, the Bible or Quran...but with most of the rude and extremely uncivilized answers: you should act like you are the billion years success of evolution. Share your beliefs with respect!!!

1. Oztinato profile image76
      Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I hope you're not referring to me in that statement. I've put forward positive points in favour of the forum concept. If Muhammad was of a rosy coloured complexion it fits in with the forum concept. Rosy pale coloured complexions were usually feminine not masculine so it may have been an identifying physical trait. This would explain the reference to pale pink complexion in song of Solomon.

35. profile image51
    longeenposted 7 years ago

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

36. profile image52
    GodsDescipleposted 6 years ago

It's very sad to see all these men and women who have commented so ignorantly with hate and anger. Bashing each other's religions and faiths.  You worship Prophets instead of the Creator himself.  This is the problem with the world, everyone fighting about who's religion is right. Instead of coming together as one people, one planet under god.  God will judge u.

Only God and none above.

37. Moslem Ali profile image61
    Moslem Aliposted 6 years ago

thank you
    https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13673262.jpg

38. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

I've heard the word the is in the Bible. Multiple times. Any significance?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)