Do you find EARNESTSHUB annoying or just plain loveable?

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (89 posts)
  1. ScarletRyan1970 profile image60
    ScarletRyan1970posted 14 years ago

Hello Earnestshub?

Do you find yourself annoying or are you just going through the changes in live.There is a cure,My friend.There is a cure.
    Relax,Meditate.breath and you will be just fine.
    Take a Laxtitive,Breath and you will find that people will love you and care for your comments on such rubbish.I think you have being living in Melbourne for too long if you really are living in Melbourne and not living in some cave in Packistan.
    But i still care and love you, but you do speak a lot of
    Verbal Diarrhoea.Sorry Matti.

Lol Scarlet.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like Earnest and respect him. I have never seen him say anything remotely close to being classified as "verbal diarrhea".

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glad you love me Scarlet. smile

3. agvulpes profile image85
      agvulpesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well Scarlet Ohara (oops, sorry meant 'Ryan'). Is the pot calling the kettle black ?
      I tend to think that a Hubber using a Film Actors photo as an avatar is annoying !
      But I live with that, and don't bother making a big production about the fact.

I don't know which Melbourne you are referring to. I also live in Melbourne. That would be Melbourne, Victoria Australia (in case you did not know). Which just happens to have won the most livable city in the world on a number of occasions. And is nowhere near PAKISTAN !
      Is this the Melbourne you know :
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Melbourne-Victoria
      On the topic of Earnesthub he calls it as he sees it!
      As they say in the classics "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!"
      cool

2. profile image0
    Scott.Lifeposted 14 years ago

He's not bad actually he's got some pretty insightful opinions most of the time, and is pretty intelligent for a non-believer AAARRGGHHH!!! Sorry earnest I couldn't resist.

ScarletRyan1970posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good for you,as i just could,nt resist either.

Scarlet

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

You forgot to mention you still pray for him lol

Or is it prey? wink

1. profile image0
      Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I could say prey depending on what the topic of discussion was but then someone would say something mean about non-believers then I'd get all pro free will, and then we'd argue back and forth and they'd call me a Atheist Sympathizer, and I'd go all medieval on them and on and on, it's a vicious cycle. So I'll just "pray" for myself and ask for patience and temperance and more good people to meet on here.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL It actually was intended for Scarlet, but thanks for answering, and sorry I did not make myself clear smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
          rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  so true scott~
          and why is this a thread?
          earnest is aussie wonderful.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
            Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe Scarlet misunderstood something earnesthub said?  Even if she's living in Ireland now, it looks to me as if English may be a second a language for her.

2. ScarletRyan1970 profile image60

Hey Scotlife,

I am travelling in the morning over to the west of Ireland,a place called Knock in County Mayo as the Blessed Virging Mary appeared there two weeks ago.It is all over the News here in Ireland.The whole of Ireland are heading west this weekend,She is to appear again this Saturday at 3pm Irish time.I will light a candle for you at the Basilica.Apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary.It was caught on camera.Go to you tube and type in Knock apparition.She has a message for the people of Ireland.
        My bus leaves in a couple of hours i will let you know how i get on.

Scarlet.

1. profile image0
          Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting you will definitely have to tell us all about what you see.

I will indeed Scott let you know if i see anything.
            I will let Earnestshub know too.

Scarlet.

2. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious?  I just watched the video.  The colors are called a glare from the sun on the camera.  Are you guys getting dumber or just more desperate.

Anyways, Yeah I love Earnest too.  He makes me laugh, he is incredibly understanding and an all around good guy.  Too bad you can't see it too.  sad

Enjoy your sunset in Ireland. lol

2. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol
      i like earnest

4. Beth100 profile image71
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

He's my lovable Aussie!  Wouldn't be the same without him as he always gives me a great laugh!

I see you are easily amused.

1. Beth100 profile image71
        Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

This isn't a personal knock down, is it?  I have my own opinion, which I am entitled to.  I'm not in the mood to be involved in a cat fight.  He's wonderful.  If you don't like hearing that, you shouldn't have posted the question.

5. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I agree with Beth. I love earnest...he is a great guy and I love talking to him.

1. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love him !!

1. rmcrayne profile image90
        rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Also a fan!

6. profile image0

Forgot to say that he knows how to make me laugh too especially when sad. He is a great guy!

7. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Loveable smile

8. profile image0

I agree 100% with you rebekah...what is the point of this thread? earnest is a great guy

9. Valerie F profile image61
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

What exactly is the intention of this thread? If it's to gang up on Earnest, please put the kibbosh on it now.

He has his moments when he's downright annoying. He also can be pretty decent. Guess what. I'd describe myself the same way, and I think it's an apt description for everyone.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who knows the intention; but every time someone posts one of these "gang-up" threads it pretty much reveals something about the OP - not the subject.  The longer they run, the more they reveal.

10. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Earnest was the very first person who talked to me when I was new. I immediately had a secret internet crush on him right at that point lol

11. beth811 profile image76
    beth811posted 14 years ago

Earnestshub is such a wonderful friend. No matter what kind of comments he has to say, he's still a wonderful friend to me...
    His comments - good or bad - he's entitled to his own opinions.

12. Pr0metheus profile image58
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

Earnest is awesome, I don't know what you're talking about.  Maybe you're just bitter that he doesn't buy into that bible crap.  What would your savior think if he saw you acting this way?

Gosh!

1. Valerie F profile image61
      Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know it's offensive to call the Bible or any religion's scriptures crap.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is wrong with telling the truth?

The bible is crap. It is just as much my bible as it is yours and if I think it is crap - it is crap. wink

Yet another religionist argument over this crap in the non religion forum. Why is that? Surely this would be a perfect definition of crap as applied to religious scripture? No?

"Causes wars and fights" seems like a good definition of crap to me. wink

Perhaps if you "turn the other cheek" some more?

You know - like you are doing now - I love your religionist definition of "turn the other cheek." :

"Keep on fighting and defending. Never give up the fight."

Like it says in the bible. wink

Oh and yeah - Ernest is really annoying. lol

13. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Earnest is a great guy. period. smile

14. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

He is sensible and knowledgeable when he comment, he is not annoying

15. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Not annoying at all. Why the thread?

16. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Not as annoying as someone who starts a thread like this...

Earnest is a great guy and always tells it like it is.

17. profile image49
    HealthTipposted 14 years ago

I find personal threads naming a member annoying, why they are not removed is beyond me. From my time on here the guy gives a lot to the site, too many of these naming threads lately and they are becoming a bit boring !

1. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unless it's about you.

1. profile image49
        HealthTipposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lose the obsession about me, you are starting to frighten me. I actually changed my hub name because of STALKERS who collect data on me, follow each post by my hubtivity. You seem a good looking guy but it's not my thing ok !

1. darkside profile image62
          darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lose the obsession about yourself. HubPages isn't all about you. The hypocrisy of your posts amazes me.

I mean seriously "I find personal threads naming a member annoying". This coming from you of all people.

1. profile image49

Lol yet again he logs on and his first post is to me, I worry about boys down under, I really do. You are obsessed DS by me, tis freaky lol !

Just something about bodybuilders, doncha think lol !

2. tantrum profile image59
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you are scarlet ryan. She sounds so like you !

1. wyanjen profile image71
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe scarlet ryan is... Earnestshub.

If I had an AE, I would totally go on the offensive against myself.

18. lrohner profile image70
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I adore Earnestshub! Wonderful, wonderful guy -- and grandfather! smile

19. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

There are a few Jekyl and Hydes on HP. You soon find who they are in the Religion forum.
    They're quite nice, EXCEPT on that topic. lol
    Well, that's my opinion anyway. (That's still allowed, isn't it?)
    I do love those guys, Earnest being one of them. A fellow Aussie no less. big_smile

20. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

Earnesthub is one of the most reasonable guys here at hub pages.
    It is comforting and refreshing to read some of his comments in some forums where you read things that come right out of the 11th century.
    I say.

21. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I was heading out the door to go watch the HPV races and take my bike for a ride, and as I was running a bit early I jumped online and found this thread.
    I need to leave in about ten minutes.
    OK, I am gob smacked at the number of posts in support of my right to be annoying! smile
    Thank you all for displaying your own integrity thus reinforcing my belief that this is a bullet proof community chocka full 'o good guys and gals.

Scarlet, read some of my hubs, pick a title, then when you know me a bit better if you can leave your religiosity out of it as Valerie and other Christian "opponents" have, you will see I am pretty laid back and my bowels work fine thanks for asking! lol.
    I will be back in a few hours to bask in the love of those who support me, and try to learn from those who don't. smile "It's all good." smile

22. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

I enjoyed talking with earnesthub about one of earnesthubs...Any one that can tell you all about "Banjo" and "the bastard from the bush" ...is OK in my book...Howdy there, Mate!

23. Lily Rose profile image86
    Lily Roseposted 14 years ago

Earnest was one of my first fans and had very encouraging words for me.  I think he's great!

1. profile image49

I agree he's a good guy and and an asset to hubs !

24. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Earnest is one of the best.  Everybody loves Earnest!

25. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

He's the bestest Limerick guy there is - so he has just got to be 'plain lovable'!! smile

1. agvulpes profile image85

Yes Shalini Earnest is in my opinion one of the best in Limericks here is my little attempt as a tribute to his talents:

Theres a guy here called earnest
      some people might say he's a pest
      Tho scarlet being quite cloying
      thinks that he is annoying
      most Hubbers rate him the 'best'

cool

26. Sexy jonty profile image58
    Sexy jontyposted 14 years ago

BOTH

27. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I like they guy myself, he is honest, loves his kids and grandkids and is just a plain nice guy!

28. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

I'm genuinely perplexed by this. Earnest? Annoying?
    Not in my experience.
    Scarlet, perhaps you have offline knowledge of him that is fueling your question. Kinda like a *wink wink* that the rest of us will never quite get (?).

I declare myself in the Official Earnest Fan Club.

BTW, it's delightful to see some old timers who I personally haven't seen in awhile. Hello SHALINI! Hello AG!!! Happy Halloweenie!

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello to you all, and thank you MM! I am honored to have such great friends here. smile

1. profile image0
        Wendi Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I like you too Earnest.  Why are we debating whether or not you're likable?

1. ajcor profile image61
          ajcorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good 'onya  Earnest - nothing wrong with you - Australia or indeed Melbourne - what is all the fuss about? have you been pricking people's personal balloons? or just merely standing up for your beliefs as is fair! cheers

2. agvulpes profile image85

G'day Mighty Mom, it's nice to catch up with you as well. You are looking exceptionally well, I hope you are enjoying Halloween, it's not celebrated so much here in Australia.

29. Quilligrapher profile image73
    Quilligrapherposted 14 years ago

Earnest, I hope you didn't encourage Ms. Ryan to start this tread just to confirm how much you are loved and admired. <LOL...just kidding mate.>

As nearly everyone soon learns, you are a pillar of this community, a person highly respected for your gentle manner and wise insights.  Living in the southern hemisphere as you do, I can understand how difficulty it must be for you to go through life up side down.
    Q.

30. mcbean profile image67
    mcbeanposted 14 years ago

Where I come from Ernest is a Mexican.

What does that make me Ernest?

1. Australia unplugs profile image59
      Australia unplugsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have been called that all the way from Brisbane to Darwin! smile NT or banana bender! lol

31. mcbean profile image67
    mcbeanposted 14 years ago

Where I come from Ernest is a Mexican.

What does that make me Ernest?

32. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

Loveable

33. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

It's a strange thing to be discussing one person.  My opinion is he has a lot to offer, but is unkind on occasions to people that are god fearing, that kind of is off putting to me.  Loves his grandchildren

34. Paraglider profile image87
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

The site was drab and dull as Winter's night.
    God said "Let Earnest be", and all was light!

Oh wait, that was Newton...

35. shamelabboush profile image52
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

I think the guy is ok and fine and his hubs are wonderful! Maybe you DID misunderstand one of his hubs???

36. Sexy jonty profile image58
    Sexy jontyposted 14 years ago

I think now he's annoying .....

earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And you are gone from hubpages. smile

This is an old thread, but being in training to become a megalomaniac I thought I would revive it. Thank you all for the massive support!

and looking back it seems you are banned from hubpages, and it wasn't me who got you banned! lol

I don't like bannings myself, having been banned once for 4 months for being truthful. smile
      You are not banned from forums, but from hubpages! What did you do? Threaten the staff?
      I ask because a few who have been banned have sneaked back in, so you may still be around.
      If you are, I have two words for you .... hel and lO. smile

37. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I think that he's a good guy, I have certainly never had a reason to think otherwise. Why do you ask out of curiosity? Could you just not "forgive" and "love everybody" just like Jesus?

1. Sexy jonty profile image58
      Sexy jontyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ok as you say ....

38. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

My 2 cents worth if its wanted ===> who ever starts threads like this is annoying.

Earnest who is a great guy (anyone who loves his grandkids the way he does has to be a great guy... a grandma's opinion) and he has rights to his opinions and to state them just as much as the supposed Southern Belle...

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

my thoughts exactly~ actually I don't believe ms scarlet is ms scarlet.

39. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Earnest is a good man, alittle stingy with the cookies, that is apposed to religion. If you need support for your beliefs stay away because he will challenge foundation of those beliefs.

PS.- I think he's cute and I would date him.

40. Carmen Borthwick profile image59
    Carmen Borthwickposted 14 years ago

Earnestshub is just plain loveable! I've had some great chats with him here in Forums... and I agree he's cute... that is if that's his pic! Regardless, I bet he's cute anyway.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, I love him too, he is great smile

That is my real pic, but it is getting old. I am much better looking these days! lol

I would love to see a roll call of hubbers who are still here on hubpages. Some wonderful people have left. I would like to see how many wonderful people from this time are still here. smile
      I loves you all!

41. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

I think Earnest is a great guy. He understands sheep. wink

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image77
      DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I find it worrisome when any man has TOO close a relationship with sheep! smile

Hey! I resemble that remark! lol

42. Niteriter profile image60
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

His real name is Ear Nest Shub which should deter a few of you innocents from snuggling up to close to him. And he is not loveable except to tantrum. (Hi earnest!)

43. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years ago

Earnest hub is one of the good guys, you know the type, plays with his grandkids, fixes your car, repairs anything broken. If you went back in time you would want earnest with you at your side, reliable, kind and considerate, a mans man.

Holy compliment batman! Thank you very much. smile You are also one of the "good guys" here.

Intelligent enough to recognise greatness when you see it! lol lol lol

44. DIYweddingplanner profile image77
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

Are you kidding me?  His religious diatribes aside, I only wish there was an Earnest on this side of the water!

And here I was dreaming that my religious diatribes endeared me to you all! lol

45. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

A woman's man too Brian!!!

Very sweet! I like women a lot, I think it is because they are soft, cuddly and can scream really loud. I am a bit envious of the screaming really loud bit. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)