Featured Hubber of the Week REQUEST !!!!????!!!!????

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (76 posts)
  1. DJ Funktual profile image77
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

If I may be so bold as to make a request of HubPages, I would like you to please re-examine at this time your decision to ban Jerrico Usher from the Hub Forums.

He has proven himself to be quite mindful of the mistake he made before and seems to me to be waaay to smart to make the same mistake again! 

I was so honored to be the Featured Hubber and that was only possible because my boy Jerrico nominated me. 

He has much to offer this place in terms of Hub wisdom.  He has made me a better Hubber and internet writer in general.  I think benefits far outway the cons on this one. 

Thank you for this consideration.

Sincerely,
    Jamie Freund

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I support this petition. smile

3. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

I think this should be at the discretion of the HubPages staff, but I certainly would not protest.

4. DJ Funktual profile image77

smile

5. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

Although Jerrico and I don't see eye to eye on a whole heap of things, I have to agree that he should be free to speak in the forums, he is an active member of hubpages and has the right to his opinions just like the rest of us.
    Please free the jerrico, hub staff he has served his time.....jimmy

6. DJ Funktual profile image77

I'm truly sorry if an email to HubPages would have been more appropriate.  The benefit of this though is that we can gauge the interest of other experienced and respected hubbers.

All I know is that when I arrived here with zero internet savvy whatsoever, (still not much) I made the mistake as many new hubbers do of taking forum criticism way too seriously and lashing out...specifically at Stacie. 

Misha, Mark, Relache & especially dark side gave me the hilariously humbling direction I needed.  When my rants were compared to Jerrico's,  I decided to check out who this guy was.

I forget which hub of his it is, but we have a two way conversation on it where he really took a lot of time to explain to me WHY certain things were good, and why other things were way too much and WHY. That is why is voice is valid.  He may be longwinded and full of himself but he's also just like all of us.  A HUBBER.

he didn't quit the site after the ban, he worked harder.

Without his direction I would have gotten eaten alive in the forums 'cause I'm too damned sensitive.  Sweetie Pie is another hubber who I clashed horns with..so I re-read what I learned from Jerrico AND Jimmy the Jock (who has an excellent forum about retaliation threads, btw)  . 

Bottom line, i have gone back to both Stacie and SweetiePie and made amends. 

If I hadn't spoken to Jerrico, i might have done something stupid like call either of these lovely ladies a be-yotch, or some various of it in a bit of keyboard rage and gotten banned myself.

That would mean no Trivia Games or Pick a Group, Any Group or George Carlin Memorial.
    Babbling, you get the point.   Going to Grandpa's for dinner up in Boca now.

Peace and thanks for listening.  Sorry if I stepped on toes.

7. anime_nanet profile image59
    anime_nanetposted 15 years ago

That would be cool!

The hubber of the week could get a special mark next to his pick or something...

eheh a ribbon would rock!

8. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Dude, your rants were to Jerrico Usher''s rants like a crack in the road is like to the Grand Canyon. lol

Pages and pages of un-formatted, grammatically incorrect, quote upon quote of un-readable rubbish.

Although, I like a good argument............

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but I believe we are trying to move beyond this if at all possible.

We all love DJ's puppyish enthusiasm, but the whole Jerrico Debate (I named it) actually created a rift between a lot of us hubbers (not just between him and other hubbers).  So I think it takes an agreement from all of us to remember not to get hot headed online (as hard as that may be). 

I'm loving the ( ) today.

And, DJ, while I think it is the HubPages staff's decision, not everyone may agree.  I appreciate that you brought it out for discussion here in the forums.

2. Jerrico Usher profile image56
      Jerrico Usherposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks mark, but maybe you should revisit my hubs I think you'll see "some" formatting now smile pictures too.

9. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL True, it was something, but based of what I see on his hubs and comments nowadays, he seem to manage to pull himself together - so I am willing to give it another try, cause he seems to be an interesting person to talk with as long as he avoids Grand Canyon smile

10. adrainsean profile image40
    adrainseanposted 15 years ago

i cannot agree more to this idea..plz make  it feature on forums and as well as a menu item in hubpages......

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

* has no clue what this discussion is about *

1. jimmythejock profile image84
        jimmythejockposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think he means the featured author part of this discussion Mark, where the featured author of the week gets a special mark or a ribbon on their profile.....jimmy

2. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
        Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Agreed....but, it's pretty entertaining.

11. Mark Knowles profile image59

Jimmy - OK smile - Never saw that lol

Ryan - no question. smile

12. ripplemaker profile image76
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

DJ, you have an angel's heart...see... big_smile

Yeah, I do remember the first time I entered the forum and asked a question about earnings and got the shock of my life.  I got a long answer from Jerrico and then everyone from everywhere came rushing in to say their piece  lol  I felt like a little girl watching in the sidelines with all the adults arguing all over the place.  lol   Of course, I didn't know the history then and well I just understood in time....

No problem with me if he comes back.

13. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

I'm too new to have experienced Jerrico in the forums, but have quite enjoyed reading some of his hubs.

And long, rambling, forum posts is a reason to get banned - then many of us here are surely in danger as well.

Anyway - I'd be in support of him being allowed into the forums. You can always ignore what he writes.

Eric G.

14. Jerrico Usher profile image56
    Jerrico Usherposted 15 years ago

Reinstating Forum Privileges
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 1:53 PM
    To: Jerrico Usher

Hi Jerrico: By the request of DJ Funktual and some other hubbers, and after discussion with Jason, I'd like to offer to reinstate your forum privileges, on the condition that you agree not to insult or attack other members.  Let me know if you're willing to abide by this.

--
    Maddie Ruud
    HubPages

-----

As my first official post now that I'm on the outside again *wink* I'd like to say thank you to everyone in this thread who supported me. I know I was wrong before and believe me I spent a lot of time trying to make up for it. I won't make any excuses for my behavior before, I was simply a bad boy an arrogant pr- er Jerk.. I've done a lot of growing up on HubPages as a writer and in growing a thicker skin when being criticized.

In fact I don't know if anyone read my hubs pertaining to my lessons learned from my forum/HubPages ban but I thanked everyone who did criticize my work (and my attitude) (I admit my writing in the beginning was tremendously horrid (Maddie does insulting myself count as an attack? *smiles*) and unfocused, ranting to no end, but I've since revisited my writing and took ALL of your advice.

Honestly if it weren’t for you guys I wouldn't be where I am today. You were absolutely right. My writing did get better (although still long it’s more focused). Honestly had I been you and saw my first hub (which was a disaster and for some odd reason I thought it was a masterpiece lol a kindergartener with a head injury could have written a better hub than my first few).

Jimmy- I know we got into it a while back and I was a bit too sensitive and well without getting into it I don't know if I ever apologized to you but I'm sorry, I was wrong. I feel bad for the whole thing, and I hope that we can mend our wounds and shake on it. Regardless of what I said in anger I enjoy your hubs, your sense of humor, and you have a very kind nature that I respect.

I did a lot of thinking after those emails and you actually fished out something I needed to deal with (and because it hurt so bad I reacted negatively and defensively) I would like your forgiveness but will understand if you won't give it. I have to say though even though you feel the way you do about me you still defended my right to post in the forums and that shows tremendous character.

Mark- You’re a tough bird, but your just a no BS kind of guy, I thought you were just mean spirited but the reality was I didn't like what I heard you say- because it was the truth, and the truth can be the hardest thing to accept. I still got love for you regardless of how you feel about me. (And your hubs are pretty good)

Misha- my head spun around three times when I read your agreeing to reinstate me (and your nice comments) I'm afraid I misjudged you as well. I've read a lot of your hubs and although I wasn't allowed to post I've monitored many threads over the last 7 months and you’re actually not a bad guy, actually you’re up there with jimmy in my opinion.  You, like mark just tell it like it is, honestly I listened to you guys the most because it was yours and marks comments that had me the most heated, but when I realized that you were just trying to help me and I threw a tantrum I had/have a great deal of respect for the both of you (you too Jimmy) and felt ashamed of myself and my actions.

I would also like to apologize to the HubPages community for my part in stirring everyone up so badly, although it was not my intention to be negative or to affect anyone negatively (quite the opposite really) I lost control of my emotions, senses, and disrupted the community, for that I deserved to be put in the corner while everyone else played in the forum sand box.

I will as I have been for the past 7 months be a productive member of this community and now in the forums. I appreciate the second chance guys, I won't let you down. I do ask one thing and I think I have the right. I ask that you don't insult me, my charictor, my hubs, and so on either. It's not fair. I promise to respect everybody including your space/environment and I ask that you give me the same respect in kind.

Jerrico

p.s. look I spell checked!!!

p.s.s. this will be my only winded forum post smile (I'll try)

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image59

I would comment on the super long post, but I guess that you had some major catching up to do...haha.

Welcome back, my man. It's good to have you. smile

1. Jerrico Usher profile image56

Thanks Ryan btw whoever came up with that brilliant tag automation script you rock! I hated coming up with tags!

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think this is something we should all agree to on every bit of the forum.

Welcome back Jerrico.

3. VioletSun profile image81
      VioletSunposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Jerrico: Welcome back! Glad I am your fan. smile

Thank you, glad to have you as a fan (and glad to be your fan!)

15. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

PPPS Jerrico has discovered the use of paragraphs! Welcome back!

Thank you Lissie! big_smile

16. Dottie1 profile image62
    Dottie1posted 15 years ago

Welcome back Jerrico smile

Thank You Dottie! Nice to be back (they took the cuffs off)

17. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Jerrico,

As one of the people who abstained from voting in this measure mostly because you irritated the crud out of me when you first joined and during the events leading up to your forum ban, I'd like to thank you for focusing yourself on improvement and turning yourself around.

As a forum troll in rehabilitation myself, I can sympathize, and applaud you for your efforts.

Can I make a request, though?

Can you make your Hubpages branded Jerrico pictures a little less cheesy? tongue tongue tongue

You don't like my cheesy pictures? Which one? Thank you for the vote of confidence, I am not the same guy I was 7 months ago, at least I have learned to behave smile (I irritated the crud out of half the community, you really have to try to get a whole thread named after you! lol) I'm truly blessed that people have seen it in their hearts to realize that I am in fact human and capable of being a nice guy. smile

18. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Well done, Jerrico - I wasn't here at the time of the blow-up, so I abstained from the discussion, but I think this is the right result.

You have shown a lot of character and humility in remaining on HubPages and working through the mess you created. Many lesser people would have cut and run to make a fresh start somewhere else.

Congratulations on your reinstatement to the forums!

Jenny

P.S. I love Mark and Misha too - and all the other "no BS, tough love, tell-it-like-it-is" Hubbers. They are what makes this site such a great place to hang out. Thanks, Jamie, for making this request. You rock, too!

Thank you Jenny, I love the way you lay things out. I mean any time I've ever seen a comment from you on my hubs, on other people's hubs in forum posts, theirs always this sense of fun but analytical prowess (if I used the word correctly I hope).

You have a way of making your points in a way that reeks of intellectual stamina (and any other big words I know). I love HubPages, I can't think of a better way to find yourself than writing a hub and learning as you write that the advice you give to others applies to yourself too. I love how strong this community is and how this site breeds writers from any level into experts over time. Although I'm far from expert I'm getting better with each article. I do need grammar lessons but I found a course, so wish me luck (it comes with certification whoohoo! )

And mark, Misha, Inspirepub, Anthony Robbins, Deepak Chopra, or anyone else, I welcome (polite) constructive criticism on my hubs, unlike before I’m open to your ideas ( I don’t have the time to go back and change them but I will take the advice to heart when writing new hubs so if you can tell me in a way that doesn’t kick me in the b- then I’d love to improve my writing thorough your expert guidance/tootalidge

19. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Welcome back Jerrico, we'll try to be tender with your butt wink

haha, thank you, I appreciate it..

20. DJ Funktual profile image77

THE FUNKTUAL REVOLUTION trailblazes on!!!

Welcome back.
    My neck stuck out as I say it,  "Don't let me down."
    Peace

Let you down? Would an Elvis fan desecrate the still "living" status of Elvis Presley? (he is still alive right?)

-J

21. Mark Knowles profile image59

lol

Welcome back Jerrico.

I must admit I am impressed to see you have discovered formatting and spelling smile

Thank you mark, coming from you that means alot to me.

22. privateye2500 profile image39
    privateye2500posted 15 years ago

OK - I must be WAY out of the loop - who is Jerrico Usher and what the HECK did he do?

I read a lot of the posts but didn't find one that actually told me.  It may be here and I missed it...?

Please tell!

1. profile image0
      Anitha1978posted 15 years agoin reply to this

well you are suppose to be a private eye right lol

DONT LINK HER lol, let sleeping dogs lay! I was a bad boy, lost my temper became a forum activist, got banned from HubPages for 24 hours, write Jason an email stating humbly my apology and set terms (I set the no forum rule for myself and he agreed) that I not be allowed to post in the forum if they just let me write hubs..

He said yes, back I came, a savage thread was generated bashing me and my character, (that I couldnt respond to so I took it like a mouse)  7 months past and 106 nicely written and formatted hubs, almost 400 fans and 900 comments later here I am again a new man, changed Hubber, better writer, and thicker skin (actually inviting criticism so long as respect is preserved). That’s the nutshell answer.

*Smiles* wink -Jerrico

1. SweetiePie profile image81
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Having a thin skinned is not necesarily a bad thing.  It just means someone is sensitive, but the best way to deal with a thin skin is not on a public forum and to just talk about hurt feelings with friends instead.  Honestly you have been very nice the few times I talked to you, so I am glad you were reinstated in the forums.  Thin skin can be a beautiful thing when the thinned skinned do not lash back smile.

23. gamergirl profile image86
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Long, long ago and far, far away, a number of Hubbers got together and had an all out brawl.

Jerrico was the heel in that match, or were there other heels? Maybe stilletos.. who knows.

All we really know is - it's over now, and welcome back to the new improved Jerrico!

:::: Bows :::::: (my shortest response ever!)

24. jimmythejock profile image84
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

Welcome back to the forums Jerrico, please accept my handshake of apology and forget the past A new start for both of us.....jimmy

Thank you Jimmy, I'm glad we could "reset". There are just some people that you respect too much to feel comfortable with them hating you/disliking you. Your one of those people (and my first fan since my return!). You continue to impress me with your incredible morals regardless of personal feelings. Again thank you   ::::  Shakes hand ::::

-Jerrico

25. DJ Funktual profile image77

I really like changing things.

1. funride profile image67
      funrideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Those are great news. It´s wonderful to see everybody welcoming Jerrico to the forums again and knowing it was all Jamie http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/funride_01/29_3_3.gif idea makes me feel like listening to some FUNk Music http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/funride_01/afro.gif!!!

I am proud to belong to this community where people are able to admit their mistakes and be forgiven (even though it took so many months)  by everyone else smile.

It has been a long time since I realize Jerrico had made some changes to himself (after reading some of his hubs) and I truly believe he have earned the right to be here with all of us again.

Welcome back Jerrico, it´s great to have you back wink.

Have fun!

Thank you, your too kind bro. I do appreciate this group HUB er I mean hug smile more than you know.

Where do you get those dashing smiley's  if your an avid Yahoo messenger user hers some easter egg (hidden) smileys you can use, my fav is the one with the guys eyes that bling then "bling"k...  http://messenger.yahoo.com/features/hiddenemoticons/

-J

26. DJ Funktual profile image77

I love the bowing smilie!!

27. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

I am a little late on the whole thing, so

Hello Jerrico, Welcome Back!

Just wanted you to know that I have featured you on my "Hot Hubs In Review" hub along with DJ  Funktual, because Jerrico I think you are entertaining. Plus you got my attention, when you discuss about the company that you write articles for, are you still doing that? or are you building and selling websites?

Both, actually I'm merging into both at the same time. I've moved into a new position as a Writers Consultant (I have a title! score!) where by I'm in charge of a weekly newsletter on tips and tricks to writing blogs/articles faster and things like how to research a topic quickly, how to stay motivated when you lose it and I answer questions from the staff of writers on anything motivated, writing, content driven.

It's a lot of fun actually, the newsletter is like a hub that only goes to a select group of writers so its more focused and personalized, in fact I take their questions/my answers and depersonalize them and generate the newsletter to synergize their questions and answers to help the whole team.

I'm just learning about how to build and sell adsense sites now but I have some good people teaching me through an amazing membership site called jerricousher.superapprentice.com

Wow I'm featured on your hub? Two in one year? My heads going to fall off my shoulders from the sheer weight of it *smiles*.. I appreciate it, your cool peoples RA, your hubs are pretty darn good, very informative and brilliantly written, I just gotta see this review.. (for the over all hub)

-Jerrico

1. Research Analyst profile image72
        Research Analystposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Jerrico Thanks for the inspiration, writing a newsletter must be great, I will stay tuned to see what else you have to share on your hubs. I am trying to write in a more personable tone in my hubs, like you do. Sometimes I get to technical and stuff. smile

I learned to write hubs the way I did by getting my inspiration from television and movies (and therapy sessions with a psychologist). The lessons are definitely there but their wrapped in entertainment smile People tend to learn more from television than technical manuals. They want the data, but they just don’t want to read it without being entertained. I’m analytical ironically and love reading technical stuff (I love your hubs!)

The secret to my hub formatting entertainment wise is:

I also write from the heart. Most of my hubs are my Journal, my documentation of my life so they are actually quite personal to me. I write them as a way to take my own advice. As I write the first draft is the situation at hand. I go back and read it over and "add" to it as the answers (because I read as if I'm writing to help "someone else" with this problem (I’ve learned to separate myself emotionally from my writing).

In the second reading my additions are insights I'd give anyone else and thus I'm integrating the two realities, the problem and what I'd tell a friend in this situation. When it's done you get what my hubs essentially look like, read like.

I read them myself 3 days after I write them and I'm as impressed by them as anyone else, as I'm actually reading the solution to a problem I was having, (when I write them I try not to self medicate with the words to keep me focused, I think as if I’m helping a friend and just write it) and I can't "justify" the realities of the problem away (i.e. I was lazy because I worked hard all week, phooey!). That's the secret to my hubs smile I find this great because it helps me and helps others with insight. It's like watching a therapy session with myself.

Last but not least, I’ll tell you a secret, I got over the whole forum thing way back this way. I developed this whole concept while trying to figure out how to deal with my anger, my losing my cool and why it happened. In several hubs (about 10 ) I had sessions reflecting the forum situation from way back. It opened some amazing doors to insights and thus here I am, a changed man. I don’t know if anyone read them but I still go back and scan them when someone upsets me and gain insight. Turns out it was all me not dealing with some personal issues with work that started the spark that lead to the savage forum outbursts smile

28. DJ Funktual profile image77

In case anyone wondered I was not here during the forum brawl either.

I have no idea what went down but I'm glad it's over.

Are you sure bro? I though you were the one who started it, I distinctly remember you saying "weee want the funk... gotta have that funk yeaaaa" which triggered a memory from child hood of getting my head shoved into the sofa cushions by my bigger brother while bandstand was on... that and the doobie I smoked that started the whole fight with my brother, anyway that made me lose all rational sense when someone I forget who said my hub sucked and the rest is just a blurrrrr.... hmmm maybe that's not what happened then.. Thanks for straightening that out bro, you’re the best. *smiles* (I gotta joke its my air, I'm in counceling for it)

hehe

Jerrico

29. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

Jerrico, Thanks for the insight into how you go about your style of writing. I would say that you are very good at expressing yourself with words, which is really a talent. Its true that people want to be entertained, they want to laugh and they want the innocence of children, a sort of escape from reality even if just for a moment.

One other thing is that you seem to not mind being open, or vulnerable, it does'nt seem to bother you to let people get to know you and how your thinking and feeling about what is going on around you. It seems our society is afraid to expose themselves that way.  I think it is admirable that you have that quality and it makes people get a closer connection to you and maybe a opportunity to live through your experiences or even help them develop a part of themselves that they have let become closed off.

Self reflection is a powerful thing, its amazing how one unresolved deep emotion can cause a domino affect in ones life. I suggest taking Child Psychology classes, you will be amazed at the things learned about our inner child, and even how as adults we still carry strong emotional unresolved issues.

Good job on your successes and inspiration to help ones see that it is possible to change and influence others in a positive way. smile

I have taken child psychology classes smile raising two little girls scared from their real dad running away I learned child psychology to help them deal with it (their fine now) your right alot of great stuff in this field of study as well. I think I've learned alot about all of the different forms of psychology (which is probably why I don't mind being vulnerable, I see it as a way to invite others to critique me if they wish, but also to compliment... I wasn't always like I am not, in some ways this very group of people gave me insight into my being too sensitive once upon a time smile

You aren't too bad at expressing your thoughts either by the way, I enjoy reading your forum posts as well as your hubs. You tend to be more personal in the forum and more analytical in your hubs (I like both styles).. you have a very charming disposition in both respects.

1. Research Analyst profile image72
        Research Analystposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I try..

30. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 15 years ago

Ok so how does one get to be a featured hubber?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Each week we feature a different hubber in the newsletter.  The person is picked by the hubber who was featured the week before.

1. profile image0
        Poppa Bluesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

2. DJ Funktual profile image77
      DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

They look for the most SEX-FUNKY stankin good thing out there (READ: me), then they have you do a sexual obstacle course featuring all sorts of lubes and electrical gadgets.  Crying doesn't help but if you go limp, that can work to your advantage especially if Ryan is around.

(If you are friends w/ maddie like me they don't use ALL the electrodes on your privates.)

Then they had to put me through a series of mental challenges.  R U dumb enough to vote for Sarah Palin? - type stuff.  Then when it was clear that I was NOT enslaved by sexual politics /  propaganda they moved on to the SWIMSUIT portion...and yeah, I waxed EVERYTHING.

THEN, we had an exorcism for all the spamming I did when i first got here.  (They make you lick a life size poster size photo of Mark Knowles w/ peanut butter until you can't see his face anymore, no big deal) 

Last but not least they said to themselves,,,"Who is the most fun person around here that we can ill afford to lose?.....who is so radically different than the typing stiffs around here that we MUST celebrate him like the second coming of Hunter S Thompson...or at least Clay Aiken!

After that the choice was obvious. 

Swear lifelong devotion to a few of Paul deeds' favorite fishnet cults are you are sittin pretty!

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image59

Yep, that pretty much sums it up....well, along with the addition of the Chinese water torture, of course...but that's a given.

Oh, and you have to watch the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy for 48 hours straight with Larry....without ever getting up to go to the bathroom.

2. profile image0
        Poppa Bluesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks...I think.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image73
        Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This thread is now the number one on Google search for fishnet cults.

1. PLM profile image60
          PLMposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's hawt...

lets start a new fad!  Pics or it never happened

if a man washes the dishes and puts them away but the wife forgets the kitchen was full of dishes... did it really happen?

This thread was pronounced dead  lol... thanks all for your comments smile

4. Jerrico Usher profile image56

wait, I don't remember all the sex probes, I just put your name in the hat and woke up a week later to you being the featured hubber, but then again I kept twitching every time I turned on something electronic- coincidence?

3. Jerrico Usher profile image56

I don't know about all the rest but I just sent them a check for 20.00 and a had a box of donuts and some sprite delivered by safeway.com, the next day I was nominated as the featured hubber, although I don't think it had anything to do with any of this *wink* (my lawyer says I have to tell you that I'm just kidding)

31. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

You can see all the people that have been featured in the HubPages Newsletter Archive.

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Paul for the Newsletter Archives. There are a few newsletters that I missed. zs

32. broalexdotinfo profile image57
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

Congrats to all featured hubbers.
    I haven`t been featured yet. sad

33. DJ Funktual profile image77

ha

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)