Site [2uidea dot com] stealing tons of newly published hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (100 posts)
  1. SmartAndFun profile image93
    SmartAndFunposted 9 years ago

Thanks to ThatMommyBlogger for finding this site and bringing it up in another thread. I think it deserves its own thread to warn HP writers. It looks like a site called 2uidea-dot-com is taking newly published hubs and putting them up as their own at a rapid pace. It appears they have filled their site entirely with stolen hubs. It would be smart for everyone to check it for their own hubs, especially if you have published within the last two weeks. They don't appear to have any sort of topic preference -- they are stealing hubs on all sorts of topics.

Here are just a few stolen articles I saw on the site that I recognized from my HP feed and/or email notifications:

The 10 Worst Doctor Who Episodes (New Who)
    IUD’s Just a Pain in the…?
    Vintage 1960s Gravel Artwork Wall Art Drama Mask and More.
    Ten Best “BET Annual Hip-Hop Awards” Cyphers Of All Time
    What is Cyber Dust?
    How to start a Homemade Perfume Oil Business?
    In the Kitchen with E and Me: Racetime Refried Beans
    Hair Care for Naturally Kinky-Curly Girls
    Natural Ways to Fight Depression

1. colorfulone profile image79
      colorfuloneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Someone that knows how too should go after their Adsense.
      I have never done that.
      There must be a hero in the HubPages community.

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
        Glenn Stokposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've done that. I had trouble getting a stolen hub taken down, but they were using AdSense ads on the copy, so I reported it to Google and their AdSense account was canceled.

Here's where to report this if you see a thief is using AdSense:

https://support.google.com/adsense/trou … 0500?hl=en

Glenn Stok, you are The HERO in the HubPages community for getting that site's Adsense canceled. Now, there is no reason for them to steal Hubbers' hard work. Thank you for the link to the Adsense Form, I bookmarked it.
          Bows!

Thanks but I'm no hero. For that matter, the AdSense I reported, and that was canceled, was on another site that stole from me. Not the one mentioned in this thread. But if they use AdSense, the same thing can be done.

Humble!

2. Craftypicks profile image76
              Craftypicksposted 9 years agoin reply to this

When you get Google to take away one spammer it's is a victory for us all. Once the Google is gone, well, good bye spammer. No reason to be here. Yeah you!

2. peachpurple profile image82
          peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

how do I check whether that site who had stolen my article is using adsense to earn money?

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I just typed in that web address and the what came up was not that site.  Perhaps it has already been taken down?  Can anybody verify this?

I still see it. They have added new pages since I looked.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

I posted three minutes after you did, and I posted twice to make sure I did not add a typo.  If the site is still up, all of us who have had posts stolen need to immediately file DMCA notices.  If I could open the site and could find any of my articles there, I would do so...but can't seem to find it.

Also, I have seen no notices from HP that our hubs have been copied.  Has anybody else seen any of these?

Update.  I typed the URL incorrectly.  The site is still up.  I found at least one article of mine there and have filed a DMCA notice.

You can do this fairly easily by using the WhoIs DMCA letter generator at http://www.whoishostingthis.com/dmca/#notice, then looking up the registrant's email at WhoIsHostingThis.com to get the email address.

Type this info into an email and send.  You will need the URL of the offending site as well as your own.  I may have more than one there as I have been editing and updating for 5 days, but we need to get on this asap.

The offender is in Thailand, so if we do not get a response, we will have to contact Google with another complaint.  The in for doing that is  at https://support.google.com/legal/answer/3110420?rd=1.

If you save the request you can use the template for other issues that may occur later.  Much less work that way!

1. Huntgoddess profile image67
              Huntgoddessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Great info!! Thanks so much.

His email is ekgjewelry.com.  We all need to jump on this asap.

I just checked copyscape to see if my article is appearing as copied, and it does not appear.

3. Huntgoddess profile image67

Smart and Fun:  ~~~ FYI:  I just checked right now, 1:34 pm, central daylight time, on Sunday, Marcy 29, 2015.

So far, I have seen the one about the Dr. Who episodes, and the one about the gravel art. I'm still checking, though. I think I MAY have seen the one about perfume, but I'll have to look again, just to make sure. I don't want to  say anything until I'm sure.

Oh, yes, I also see the one about IUD's.

And, the one about BET Hip-Hop awards. Homemade perfume oil business. In the kitchen with E and Me -- racetime refried beans.

This is making me feel nauseous. It's now 1:45 pm, Sunday, March 31, 2015. I'm in South Central Wisconsin, if it makes a difference.

:-(

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

This person writes on wordpress, so if any of you do, perhaps you could contact them about this.  I have posted other info further down in this article and have already filed my own complaints.  Infuriating!!

5. Matthew Meyer profile image70
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is a known issue on which we are working.
      There is another forum thread here.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2720714

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience!

If you believe that your copyrighted content has been copied without your permission, then a DMCA NOI may be appropriate.
      You can find more info here.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint

6. Matthew Meyer profile image70

Anyone else notice the culprit site is showing as "down for maintenance"?
      Let us hope it stays down!

1. Swisstoons profile image74
        Swisstoonsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is welcome news.  But will this be enough to eliminate the usurper's counterfeit pages and to reinstate the original hubs in Google's index?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image70

If you believe that your copyrighted content has been copied without your permission, then a DMCA NOI may be appropriate.
          You can find more info here.

Yes, I was told about this.  Please read my post further down for more info as I have been in touch with the Google team about this issue.

2. EricDockett profile image97
    EricDockettposted 9 years ago

This site appears to be intentionally stealing Hubs are soon as they are published, and before they get through QAP. This means the site will likely have their version indexed before the real Hub is indexed.

On my case and a few others, as mentioned in the other thread, this means original Hubs are getting tagged as duplicate and unpublished.

Ultimately, this site must go away. However, this also shows how vulnerable Hubs are while in the QAP process. I don't know what we can do about that. I've sped up my crawl rate in WMT, and for the Hub I published yesterday I manually added it to the index before waiting for Googlebot to come by. Not sure how much any of that would really help in this situation.

It would be really nice if HP would make it so Hubs are not visible to anyone but the author until after they have passed QAP.

SmartAndFunposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that is exactly what happened to ThatMommyBlogger, also. HP's filters deemed her original article as duplicate, because it had been stolen and published elsewhere before it was actually featured here on HP. The thieves ended up getting it "live" online before she did.

3. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 9 years ago

I don't see how hubs can get stolen before passing the QAP process. They are not visible until they are featured.

The only case I can imagine where hubs get stolen in this fashion is if a Hubber specifies in his or her settings to display unfeatured hubs in their profile, or if they force it to be seen by placing it in the Profile Spotlight before passing QAP.  For those who do that, this may be something to reconsider.

1. EricDockett profile image97
      EricDockettposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hubs are seen before they get through QAP by anyone who follows a Hubber or Topic.

They could also be seen by anyone who knows how to access the old "Best Hubs" url and sort by newest.

Point is, this was an inside job.

Edit: Now that I'm snooping around, I'm not 100% sure about the old Best Hubs url. I thought that used to be the case but maybe not.

That's the point of sure. It can only be an inside job. Then again, anyone can sign up to have an account with hubpages just to follow and steal.

But this thought reminds me of something that just happened a few weeks ago...

I got a new follower. And whenever I do, I check them out. This one had no hubs and never commented on any other hubs. But when I checked their activity feed, I saw that they were just following hundreds of Hubbers is a matter of minutes, obviously not reading anything.

So I reported that new Hubber and they were quickly banned. This may be that type of potential thief. We should all be on the lookout for that when we get new followers. It's a red flag if they are blindly following without reading hubs.

Wow, that is very good info to have. I do check out new followers, just to see what his or her hubs are like. (I'm a little tempted to say I can't understand why anyone would follow me LOL.)

But, yes, I have actually seen a couple that have no Hubs, or one Hub. That seemed weird enough to  make me wonder.

I think one of these fake "HUbbers" allegedly had hundreds of followers herself or himself. So  . . Red Flag even if I don't know why.

Thanks, Glenn.

I should have said, "I check out new followers, just to see what THEIR Hubs are like."

DOH!. I get so tired of the old "their" being used in the singular. I overcompensated and used the singular for the plural. DOH!!

Sorry, folks.

I know you guys are smart enough to notice that silly mistake :-)

2. Glenn Stok profile image97

The reason why they have so many followers is because unfortunately there are many Hubbers who will blindly follow them back without checking who they are or if they have quality hubs.

2. Susana S profile image94
        Susana Sposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There is a latest hubs url. I'm not sure if the hubs are displayed before or after they go through QAP though?

hubpages.com/hubs/latest/

2. csmiravite-blogs profile image73
      csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Or if the hubber posts it on social sites before it gets featured. Others can steal it before you get it indexed by Google.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Not legally, they can't.  As soon as it is published (not indexed by google, published) it is copyrighted by the DMCA.

Of course, it is a little more difficult to prove the time (as well as date) of publication without google...

4. SmartAndFun profile image93

As far as I can tell, and I believe this has been confirmed by HP somewhere on these forums, all hubs show up on feeds as soon as the author hits the "publish" button. I believe that email notifications are also sent out to author and topic followers immediately after the author clicks on the "publish" button.

5. ThatMommyBlogger profile image88
    ThatMommyBloggerposted 9 years ago

I really hope this 2uidea site gets banned.  I'm very passionate about fighting plagiarism, and not just because it happened to me.  None of us deserve to have our words stolen by someone else.  I agree with the others who mentioned that it appears to be an inside job.

Yes, I agree. It's very scary, and sickening.

Intellectual property IS property.

6. PegCole17 profile image94
    PegCole17posted 9 years ago

This is true. I just checked out the site for any of my hubs on there and saw several familiar articles by hubbers - one with a Piggy Bank, one about Recreational Vehicles etc.. One even has the http address with HubPages in the title. The bizarre part is that they post a copyright notice at the bottom of their stolen work. sad

7. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image94
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 9 years ago

Wow - this site has loads of hubs, many I've seen come over my feed when they get published.  I just published something a couple of days ago and am checking to see if it's on there.

8. Jamie Page profile image60
    Jamie Pageposted 9 years ago

Hi guys, my name is Jamie Page and I am new here. I stumbled across this forum conversation. This person is a crook. I went to icann.org and here is your offender...

Registrant Contact
    Name: Somlarb Tosomparb
    Organization:
    Mailing Address: 50 Moo.1, Puttamonton Nakornpratom 73170 Thailand
    Phone: +66.869714787
    Ext:
    Fax:
    Fax Ext:
    Email: bkgjewelry@gmail.com

I think getting his google adsense revoked is probably the best way to combat this jerk. - Jamie.

Thanks very much for the information, Jamie. I didn't see any of my own Hubs there, but I will definitely keep this information for anyone who might need it.

I feel bad, because I love Thai food. LOL I guess there are jerks in every group, not mater how great the food. :-)

I meant, ".  .  no MATTER how great the food."

9. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

I made a post about this along with the name of the site on Google Plus

10. ThatMommyBlogger profile image88

Guys, if you Google the guy's name and business (BKGJewelry), you'll discover that he has a few other blogs with stolen content.  I'm getting my kids ready for bed, but I can post some links later if nobody beats me to it.

If you do post links, put spaces in the URLs so you don't give him credit for backlinks.

1. ThatMommyBlogger profile image88
        ThatMommyBloggerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  I didn't think about that. 

With that in mind...

insightjewels(dot com)/about-us

bkgstory(dot com)

doitjewelry(dot com)

https:// bkgjewelry.wordpress(dot com)

celebritiesjewelry(dot com)

vintagemeans(dot com)

This guy (girl?) has A LOT of blogs with a bunch of plagiarized content.  I recognized hubs on several different sites that he owns, and he owns way more sites than what I posted here.  My mind is totally blown by this.  How do we stop this person?!

11. ThatMommyBlogger profile image88

His/her stuff is hosted by GoDaddy.  Not sure if that was mentioned already or if that information is helpful.

1. Molly Layton profile image73
      Molly Laytonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That is very helpful.

12. Molly Layton profile image73
    Molly Laytonposted 9 years ago

I found a redirect site at bkgjewelry on wordpress. They appear to be copying the first snippet of a hub  with a 2uidea link. They copied my hub about video games... and put it in travel for some reason.

At the bottom of the stolen hubs, they put a "Powered by" credit. All of the supposedly external links (Facebook, Twitter, etc) lead back to their homepage, except for the credits, are text. I hope we can get this fixed soon, because I hate giving them traffic!

13. Nate Chong profile image60
    Nate Chongposted 9 years ago

Hello, I have just found out that this site www.2uidea.com is reposting all my articles from HubPages. Can HubPges take action against this site?

Thanks

Read my post on this forum that give you the info you need to file a DMCA complaint and also a complaint to Google.  We own our work and only we can put a stop to this type of plagiarism.  The team has a section in the learning center about how to handle these things, at

I suggest you bookmark it, read it and keep it for future reference.

1. Misty Bluge profile image62
        Misty Blugeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am new to all this and I'm not yet published, I don't have adsense yet either. I a bit afraid to publish my piece for fear of it getting stolen.

1. csmiravite-blogs profile image73
          csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I used to know of a bubbler at the B site who added a copyright notice to all his posts. He kept running after everybody and reporting them to the B gods for any small infraction --- wrong English in commenting on his posts and those whom he thinks are posting inanities on the site. He bragged that nobody can steal his work because of the copyright notice. I look at his work and I sigh that nobody was insane enough to steal his trashy blurts. However, I soon realized that there are many insane people in this world that would steal anything that they can lay  their hands on. Never fear them, as lighting will strike those horrid pests sooner than they think.  big_smile

Sooner or later if you publish anything online, someone will steal it.  However, in most cases you can file a DMCA and have the copied work removed.  Don't let this stop you from publishing!  I've been here 3 years and have only had about 5 articles stolen...all of which I reported, and all of which disappeared!  Good luck on HP!

14. LindaSmith1 profile image61

When it comes to your hubs on an external site, HP says it is Hubbers problem.  So HP won't do anything unless another hubber copies your content and posts it on HP

1. Nate Chong profile image60
      Nate Chongposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Linda for notifying.. Just too bad..;(

15. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I found a code to put on my site to stop copying the best I can.  Hubbers laughed.

Well, I am the one laughing because those sites that kept coming back over and over from Russia, etc are not coming back since the code was implemented on my sites.   Of course, there are those who can get around it, but at least a big dent has been put into those who only want to click, copy, paste and post on their sites.

There are big companies with websites that you cannot copy anything from their sites.

HP has done nothing to prevent copying of content here. It may not be 100 percent foolproof, but something is better than nothing.

I wouldn't have laughed.  I think that's a brilliant idea.  I was actually thinking about doing something similar on my hubs, but I didn't know if it was allowed.  I was going to read the TOS and see. 

This isn't my only HP account, but I haven't published anything on the other in a while.  This site seems to be stealing newer stuff, so I guess I'm safe as long as I don't write anything new.  Sigh.

16. SmartAndFun profile image93

Nate Chong, please edit your post so that the link to the thief's site is broken. We don't want to do him/her any favors by providing the thief with valuable link juice.

As others have already stated, only the owner of plagiarized work can get unauthorized copies taken down, so you'll have to do the filing work yourself, as writers, not HP, own their own work on this site. Good luck! I hope y'all nail this guy to the wall!

I have checked the net several times and in several ways to see if my hub was copied by this guy, and so far I am finding nothing that indicates this, other than to see it on his website.  Can't figure this one out.

17. ThatMommyBlogger profile image88

Guys, I reported this guy to the fraud department at GoDaddy because I thought GoDaddy was the host. It turns out Digital Ocean, Inc. is the host. 

Go Daddy just sent me this email:

Thank you for the message. Although GoDaddy is the domain registrar, we are not the hosting provider for this site. We have neither access to, nor jurisdiction over the content on this site. As a courtesy to you, we have provided the IP address of the hosting provider below. The resolving IP address which can then be compared to ARIN.net's (http://www.arin.net) IP allocation database. This will give you the relevant information for the true hosting provider.

Hosting Provider: Digital Ocean, Inc.
    IP Address: 208.68.37.84

Any issues regarding the content of the website will need to be addressed either directly to the owner of the site or to the hosting provider. If you feel that the Whois information on the domain is incorrect or outdated, please report invalid Whois data to us. Visit http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx and search for the domain name in question. Once the Whois information has been retrieved, there is a link at the very bottom that says “Report Invalid Whois”. Fill out the form found by clicking the link.

Sincerely,

Content Abuse
    GoDaddy

I found the site owners email yesterday and sent him a DMCA and also reported the site to Google legal department, as I noted above.  I've had the same issue with GoDaddy and other people who sell domain names, and it sucks.  They are quick to grab the money for domain names but pay no attention to who is buying them, and then we all wind up with the mess.  By the way, this guy is writing on wordpress!

1. profile image0
        Lorelei Cohenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is my experience to generally skip a disreputable thief and go directly to the web host. If you send the DMCA to the thief all you do is give him more of your personal information to abuse. You always have to keep in mind the degree of disreputable activity the person participates in. For some it is a simple case of being naive but most plagiarists know exactly what they are doing and why. MONEY!

And it has been my experience that if you go to the host, they often tell you to contact the person or company that sponsored or wrote the hub.

18. ThatMommyBlogger profile image88

Oh, and here's the Digital Ocean link to report abuse.  My kids are restless, so I'm going to report some stuff later. 

https://www.digitalocean.com/company/co … usetrigger

1. Maximum A profile image74
      Maximum Aposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much ThatMommyBlogger! Same thing happened to me, so I sent a notice to Digital Ocean, but I'm going to send another email so that I can show the print screen pics of my content and the copied one with the dates. Here's the email: contact@digitalocean.com

You're welcome, and thanks!  I'm going to email them today.

Also, I think that HubPages reinstated my hub.  If someone has a free moment, can you please tell me if a hub about being a single mom at a MOPS meeting shows up on my profile?  I can see it, but I'm not sure if others can.  Thanks so much!

1. Shades-of-truth profile image82
          Shades-of-truthposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It shows up!

Thank you!  I shared it with a friend the other day (before I knew it was gone lol), and she was like, Ummmm, there's nothing there.  I wanted to make sure it was live before I shared it again.

2. EricDockett profile image97
          EricDockettposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My Hub was reinstated as well. Thank you HubPages!

FWIW, if I were you I would get rid of that callout box at the top of your Hub referencing the content thief. For one thing, why even acknowledge them? For another, its not so great for SEO to have unfocused text appearing so prominently  in your Hub. Thirdly, allowing the name of the offending site (twice) on your Hub could potentially muddy the waters for search engines trying to determine which content is original.

That's just my 2 cents. Glad you got your content back!

Ah, good point.  Thanks, EricDockett.  I'll fix it later.

19. LindaSmith1 profile image61

This person is not stealing only from HP, they are traveling the Internet and stealing content from every place they can.

20. Uzochukwu Mike profile image78
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years ago

Thanks for this update my fellow hubber. The owner of the site must pay for stealing.

Yes, absolutely!

21. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 9 years ago

Good for us. Your knowledge will be spread... On another hand, what is Hubpages doing to resolve the crisis?

I think they have declared that it is the problem of individual Hubbers, as we are the copyright owners.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image70

There is a related forum thread here.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2721010

22. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 9 years ago

These things can take awhile @maxoxam41, but I am sure that the site will be erased one of these days in the near future.

It is a known issue to HubPages and they are working on it along with Hubbers. http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2720717

If they are taking content from other sites as well, they too will be trying to take the site down.

23. Jamie Page profile image60

@Huntgoddess... So HP isn't going to do anything about this guy? I am an old hubber with over 34,000 reads and I deleted my articles for other reasons awhile ago (under MotherThumper) and I was thinking about getting back into hubbing with this new account but with this new development, I am hesitant to rejoin and write again for HP. - Jamie Page.

SmartAndFunposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Jamie, HP writers own their HP content, not HP itself. HP cannot file DMC notices on content it does not own. Only content owners can claim copyrights to the work they own.

2. Huntgoddess profile image67

Jamie, that was second-hand. I read it on another Hubber's post.

Please check it out before doing anything drastic. I would hate to see you leave in any event. Just stay, and maybe the problem will be resolved.

Smart And Fun:  Yes, that is true, but I think there might still be some general statement of support and concern that HP as a corporate entity could make??

Some Hubbers feel abandoned and bereft.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

Jamie Page:  This is not true.  The team is working on this issue as we speak.  However, it has always been the case that since we, as individual writers, on the copyrights on our work, only we can file DMCA reports.  You cannot do this for someone else.  This would be true no matter what site you wrote on.

24. Jamie Page profile image60

I was hoping HP could institute some kind of code that makes it impossible to copy and paste content. Is there such a thing?

Even if copy and paste is disabled, anyone can save the content of any Hub they are viewing simply by viewing the page source.
      The only thing this really does it make it hard for legitimate readers to copy content and say post it in an email or use it for a Facebook post (all which promote your Hub to readers).

25. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Jamie    I use a code on my sites for that very thing. I have seen major companies do it with their websites.

Where does one learn bout that code?

26. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I found another hub stolen.  I sent email to hubber

2uidea dot com/literature/httpxanbas-hubpages-comhubwithout-hope-of-change-understanding-tennysons-mariana/

27. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Here is a link with an entire list of what this thief has online under the 2uidea  dot com

Just scroll down page a short ways and you will begin to see them

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid= … .13786j0j7

28. eirevet profile image91
    eirevetposted 9 years ago

I think I might have managed to interrupt the site. I went to their main banner advertiser a couple of hours ago to complain about what was going on, and threatened to go to some of their corporate partners unless they took their ad down. Now down for maintenance. Coincidence?

I hope it is not!

2. colorfulone profile image79

Here is hoping the site is down and not just for maintenance.

29. cygnetbrown profile image82
    cygnetbrownposted 9 years ago

I too had a hub plagiarized. I went to the website and told the owner I did not give him permission to post the hub and to take it down immediately. I was taken down within a few minutes. I then went to hubpages at team@hubpages.com and told them what happened. This morning, the hub was again featured.

1. PegCole17 profile image94
      PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1
      smile

30. eirevet profile image91
    eirevetposted 9 years ago

I did also send a DMCA to GoDaddy, so perhaps they've also taken action. Fingers crossed in any case..

31. Kappygirl profile image87
    Kappygirlposted 9 years ago

Here is a link to their domain info. Don't know if there's anything useful/useable in here--I don't know enough about tech stuff. They're in San Antonio. It says the Organization/ISP host is Pocket Communications.

http://newlydomain.com/2015-03-15/2uidea.com

I got to this by using the google link that LindaSmith1 posted earlier. So far they have 11 google result pages of stolen hubpages material. (Once I got to the second result page I clicked on "show more" and it brought up all the other stuff they have grabbed)

Yesterday someone posted that the site was "under construction".  The Google team contacted me today to say they were unable to find the URL of my copied hub on their site.  I did send the user a DMCA take down request and since then have been unable to find this article, which tells me it is gone.

I advised the team that the site had stolen tons of hubs and asked them to investigate.  At this point I think it would be a good idea for everybody to contact Google directly at the link I provided earlier so that they can remove the site.  It just takes a few minutes and is very effective.

32. Uzochukwu Mike profile image78
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 9 years ago

I believe the site is now taken down. The last time I checked, what I saw was under construction. Hubbers and Hubpages are great!

1. Molly Layton profile image73
      Molly Laytonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful!

Agreed :-)

33. Misty Bluge profile image62
    Misty Blugeposted 9 years ago

I'm really grateful for those of you who are seasoned, bringing all of this to light. I'm learning so much from you all. smile

Yes, same here, Misty. I would never have known anything about these things.

Thanks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)