Why Aquarium Fish Tank Hobby is Popular
This article contains valuable information why fish tank hobby is thriving and enjoyed by many.
Being a fish tank enthusiast, I will not wonder why people are so occupied and interested in keeping a fish tank on their home. The fishes, which comes in variety of colors, shapes and sizes, are indeed fascinating to watch. Their wide array of antics and behavior of these aquarium fishes in the tank are truly a great sight to behold. Some species of these truly wonderful fishes are capable of giving you awesome entertainment, which definitely cannot be bought by money, as these awesome cretures displays the splendor of nature at its finest. You need not watch Discovery Channel or perhaps read some National Geographic magazines or the likes, to prove I am right. Just create purchase your own aquariums, build a panorama of backdrops on it using your artistic flair and then toss in your desired aquariums fishes on it. Yes, you are the main artist here so it is vital that whatever will transpire on your aquarium, you are the one that is responsible how it will look at the end. The inner joy of building an aquarium should come first and you should be unaffected with what the critics will say. Good or bad the words from your neighbors, friends or relatives about your aquariums are of no significance. Your personal satisfaction with this endeavor is far more important, for it is you who is making the hard work anyways not them. Just in case you are fascinated with fish tank hobby, below are the reasons why you people are engaged with this wholesome and engaging activity, and who knows, someday you will be interested wih this hobby.
The Fascinating Aquariums
Here are the reasons why aquarium hobby is popular:
- According to studies conducted recently many people that are fond of fish tank hobby are people who are single and 25 years and above especially in Industrialized countries. This implies that people uses this activity as a means of beating boredom and having the security blanket of not being alone. If ever these people are not in the fish tank hobby they probably have a pet, a dog, cat or perhaps an exotic animal.
- People perceived that this hobby would give them some luck. Aquarium fishes that are thought of giving luck are the different varieties of Gold Fish (e.g. Red Caps, Ryukins, Bubble Eyes, Moors, and the likes), Kois (which are classic hit in Oriental countries especially in Japan), and the most recently the Flower Horns.
- A way of escaping from the hustle and bustle of life. Aquariums are said to be a perfect way of relaxing and this is the reason why the term “Fish Therapy” is coined. This is true, though. Looking at this fishes strutting wares in the fish tank will truly give you a great way of relaxing. The small fishes like tetras will move in unison form one place to another and you would love to see them in a feeding frenzy. The timid looking Oscars are packed with lightning quick reflexes to catch an unsuspecting prey. The goldfish, the all time favorites, swims gracefully at all times. And all of the other fishes available in pet stores have their own distinct features that will surely enthrall.
- It brings out the creativity in you at the hilt. Whilst setting up your fish tank you never knew that your artistic nature is coming in to play already.
- You express your fondness for nature by keeping an aquarium tank.
- People love this hobby, since they can able to make this as a means of a livelihood by successfully breeding these tropical fishes. While some would breed these splendid fishes for profit some does for the joy it can brings.
- Collecting, as many species of fishes, would appease them. Some fish enthusiasts would value the rarity of the fishes while others would simply buy some fishes because of some features they have (e.g. Arowanas, which are known to be a leaper and would jump for a prey like bugs, and small birds in the wild). One of the best fish I acquired so far is the Archer Fish, a Gourami looking fish with yellow stripes. These fish breed are capable of darting some water from its mouth to capture an insect for a yummy snack.
The art of keeping a fish tank. Video from YouTube
Pets and Animals
Flora and Fauna in the Philippines
Social Issues About Animals