Serious drop in traffic

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 148 discussions (387 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

"Right now
    active visitors on site"

Muddling along...

2. paradigmsearch profile image61

My heavens... I've got dots all over the planet.

3. paradigmsearch profile image61

Day 3,100. Yeehaw!

4. paradigmsearch profile image61

I am still getting traffic from NASA. Bless their fuzzy little hearts. Unbelievable!

5. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 11 years ago

Hmmmm...I am up to (down to?) 29 0 traffic Hubs from 41 just a few days ago.
    So I actually may be starting to recover traffic.
    I haven't touched or even looked at the Hubs so it's not my views skewing the results.

6. paradigmsearch profile image61

"Right now
    active visitors on site"

Gonna be crap come 22.

7. paradigmsearch profile image61

"Right now
    active visitors on site"

8. paradigmsearch profile image61

"Right now
    active visitors on site"

9. paradigmsearch profile image61

Well, my 12/21/12 traffic is already winding down... Come January, it's going to be lean times for paradigmsearch...

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It won't matter - I think I hear the zombies coming down the street now. smile

2. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

sad

Me too - going to lose quite a lot of traffic today and over the weekend thanks to the 'end of the world' and 'Christmas' finishing.

Now if someone could start a rumor about the end of world actually being on March 31, 2013 then I can edit my hubs!!!

It doesn't help that our stats are stuck at 16 hours last refreshed!!!

10. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

I just read some SEo stuff that saiid tags are still important but not as Important as they used to be because of keyword stuffing practices.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And that is probably true.  The misconception around HP tags is that they are not, nor were they ever, the "tags" being spoken of in what you read.

Other sites give the ability to include tags that google takes notice of, but HP never did.  Although the name is the same (tag) the use and purpose were completely different.  HP never gave us the opportunity to place tags that Google could even see, let alone use.

The "tags" on our hubs, that we put there ourselves, were solely for use by HP and were not visible to google.  They were finally removed because even HP hadn't used them for nearly a year and they were thus just dead verbiage of no value whatsoever.

11. aa lite profile image85
    aa liteposted 11 years ago

Google analytics is showing some weak signs of coming out of its moribund status so perhaps G is relenting and letting me off the naughty step.

It's nowhere near where I was before this last bout of displeasure, but my traffic fizzled out over a couple of days rather than disappearing suddenly so this might be reflected by a gradual comeback. 

I wish all web masters could unite and we could all rage quite Adsense for a couple of weeks in unison, just to show Google what it feels like!

12. aa lite profile image85
    aa liteposted 11 years ago

And A Googler has just tweeted that a Panda refresh is rolling out.......1.3% of queries affected.  Hold onto your sites!

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The joys of the internet... big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
        prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

this must be it - geez! http://searchengineland.com/official-go … ies-143271

Mayan Apocalypse update, big_smile big_smile Hope not.

1. sabrebIade profile image79
          sabrebIadeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"Mayan Apocalypse Update"
          I LIKE it!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
            prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I really hope it is not the result of G update! :-)

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
            paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Google apparently has a sense of humor... I won't go so far as to say jaded, but still, interesting timing...

2. Judi Bee profile image89
      Judi Beeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Let's hope they're playing Santa, not Scrooge big_smile

13. paradigmsearch profile image61

Well, I just gave G.A. my regards. No spike. No cliff. So far.

14. David 470 profile image80
    David 470posted 11 years ago

Wow....Was there another Google Algorithm within the last couple days!?

My traffic just dropped by 50% and it has already been low in comparison to my "good old days" on HubPages.

Dozens of articles are basically going to waste..A year ago it was technically possible for me to maybe continue to make decent part-time income on here, but my work is going to waste!

I have been patient last 5-6 months, but now it looks like there is no HOPE or redemption for me! Sure, I could write some articles, but they probably would not even rank at this point..

15. paradigmsearch profile image61

HP stats finally updated...

16. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 11 years ago

My Stats just updated and are down by about 50% from where they were yesterday! What's happened? Did I miss something?

1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
      CASE1WORKERposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think there must have been another update- mine has dropped by over 50 per cent- oh well traffic was good whilst it was there

1. Nell Rose profile image91
        Nell Roseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I nearly had heartattack reading mine! its dropped over half! this is just ridiculous!

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image88
      ThePracticalMommyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mine are down 50% too! I want to cry!

17. vespawoolf profile image92
    vespawoolfposted 11 years ago

Mine has dropped by 50%, too. And it's already been low compared to a few months ago. I guess a lot of us are in the same boat.

18. sabrebIade profile image79

I'm really hoping this is a glitch.
    If not I just lost about 600 hits a day since yesterday........

1. aa lite profile image85
      aa liteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It might possibly be, my Google Analytics show an improvement, my HP stats show a decrease.  I think GA is a lot more trustworthy.   But it is hard to compare them exactly because they show views over different periods etc. still no reason to panic.  Yet.

Over the last few days I must have lost a thousand! it went up and i was so happy! then, whoomp! back down to earth with a bump and a thump, oh well happy bloomin' Christmas! lol!

19. Judi Bee profile image89
    Judi Beeposted 11 years ago

Same here. Around 40-50% drop.

20. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 11 years ago

It's a glitch.

I just checked across all my subs, and they are all well down, yet I have been watching Analytics real time, and traffic is up across the board, if anything.

Oh thanks IzzyM! phew I can breath again! lol! seriously it can really knock your confidence when this happens, well mine anyway.

21. paradigmsearch profile image61

"Right now
    active visitors on site"

Paradigmsearch breaks out hankie... Contemplates career as a gigolo...

1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
      CASE1WORKERposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is three more than I have- sob

8 at the minute, don't change my day job......!

2. Nell Rose profile image91

lol! I am sure you would be great at the job, such a gentleman!

22. sabrebIade profile image79

Look at this.....

Last day of finals for a lot of college kids (a LOT of my traffic) so they will getting outta Dodge and heading home.
    4 day weekend for a lot of people.
    Christmas travel, guests, last minute stuff.
    Google update.

We may have been hit with a Perfect Storm of circumstances.
    So I will be holding onto my freak out until December 26th which is traditionally one of my biggest online traffic days.

Make no mistake though.
    The freak out is chambered and waiting for the hammer to fall.

23. rajan jolly profile image91
    rajan jollyposted 11 years ago

I've had a drop of about 60% in the fresh update. Never seen so many of these blue triangles ever! Wonder what is going on?

24. Steve Lensman profile image61
    Steve Lensmanposted 11 years ago

Whoa! I didn't know the Mayan prophecy was specifically aimed at us hubbers. My views have dropped 50% too and in the last 24 hours!
    The end is nigh! smile

25. bgamall profile image69
    bgamallposted 11 years ago

You have to bypass Google, because they don't give a rats arse. You bypass them by doing an audiobook, or some such thing. Google is the clown prince and I hope Apple destroys them.

26. Steve Lensman profile image61

This is strange checking google analytics the total views for today won't be much different from yesterdays and it looks quite busy at the moment. Doesn't seem to be a drastic change.

Plus the hubs I expect to find in the first few pages of google search are still there, phew!

27. Johnrr631992 profile image85
    Johnrr631992posted 11 years ago

I have been at close to 5,000 views per day for the last month.. and in the last 24 hours all my hubs lost 50 percent of traffic.... What is going on..

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 11 years agoin reply to this

5,000 views per day?  Wow, I'm impressed!  Cheers!  smile

1. profile image0
        Miriam Weissmannposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He's got 155 hubs, Rosie, so it can't be that amazing if you ask me. On the other hand, I don't know how many views I can expect on HubPages. On an average per hub, I get more views, a lot more views, than that on my Avon blog per article. I'm new here, but if the views per hub are that low on an established account with 155 hubs, well, it's a lot less than I'd thought when I opened my account. Anyway, I'm open to most things, so let's just see how it works out for me. It's more luck than judgement a lot of the time.

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
          Rosie2010posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Miriam Weissmann, welcome to Hubpages!  5,000 views a day is quite amazing here on Hubpages, even with 155 hubs.  There are some hubbers here with more hubs that, who have never seen such traffic. 

I have more than 100 hubs, most of which were written during my first six months here on Hubpages, then I just lost interest... but now have close to one million views... and, I've never got up to 5,000 views a day, not even close.

But then again, a few hubbers have/had been earning a living here on Hubpages (they are the success stories) who are/were getting 10,000+ views a day on one hub.

If you are getting more than 5,000 views a day on your Avon blog per article, that's way awesome.   With that up your belt, you might just do very well here on Hubpages.  However, Google seems to be not liking Hubpages right now as shown by the so many hits during Panda algorithm changes . So, I wish you the best.

Cheers!  smile

28. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 11 years ago

The site's security certificate has expired, rather a serious oversight. I don't think the average visitor will notice but perhaps Google has downgraded the whole site in the SERP's.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, that won't help things!

Security certificate asides. I am not seeing a drop in Analytics Real Time.

I am, however, a bit concerned that HP may have yet again benefited from a 'glitch' in their favour.

The share is 60/40, supposed to be.

At this time of the year, a glitch in favour of HP would be nice for them - all those Amazon sales, which, let's face it, is worth so much more than ads per views.

29. rajan jolly profile image91
    rajan jollyposted 11 years ago

The moment I click on the my earnings tab I see the warning "This site's certificate has expired". Never seen this warning with Hubpages before. Should I hit the proceed button?

Simone just answered this on the other forum post, evidently its in hand and being sorted out.

30. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 11 years ago

My traffic fell by nearly 60% in the last 36 hours! I haven't seen this low since January or so. Even when the first Panda it never dropped so low. Was there an update yesterday or within the last couple of days?

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to X-mas weekend.  Expect to see a lot of the same through Tuesday.  People have a lot better things to do now than read Hubs.

1. Cardisa profile image88
        Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Relache,I knew it would drop but even last year when I was a newbie it didn't drop so much. Well, I guess I'll just wait and see and be grateful that's it's not at zero...lol. Thanks

Have a wonderful Christmas!

I think you are right, I just checked my best blog's stats and it only had 12 visits today where the daily average was 250+.

31. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

Wow, what happened.  I don't attribute this significant drop to Christmas weekend.  Not this low.  I haven't seen this low of views for a long time.

Maybe there were a lot of viewers partying before the world was supposed to end. ?

32. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years ago

Its a whole bunch of activities that's happening to smash your traffic.

People would have been searching for Apocalyptic / Survival stuff.
    Normal Christmas activities.
    College finishing, people moving through states / countries.

I have lost 90% of my traffic in 3 days and I am. Not. At. All. Concerned.
    It will be temporary and shortlived. Go write some hubs whilst we have a hiatus at least make your time useful.

33. rebekahELLE profile image86

I just found this on SearchenginelandGoogle announced that there was a google panda update today, the 21st.  How rude..  an update hasn't affected me like this for a long time.  And I was doing very well with traffic! 

Google Tweet - if you click the background link they include in the tweet, it goes to an old post about high quality sites.  Yeah, right!
    Look at the SERPS..

Me too, I feel robbed! Must we call the police? lol

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
        rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I honestly think something is off with HP stats.  My analytics doesn't reflect the stats shown on HP.    I guess we'll see what happens.  Enjoy the weekend.

RebekahELLE, my HP views and Analytics views were coordinated. My traffic has picked up a little by 100 views or so. How are you doing today?

34. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 11 years ago

Rather than experiencing a recovery, my HP traffic dropped another 50% today!  I hope it's temporary.  The HP rollercoaster never seems to stop!  The November algo change lifted me up and December one sent me back down!  (Well, I would say there were two: Dec 10th and the 21st).

1. janderson99 profile image55
      janderson99posted 11 years agoin reply to this

New Panda + Subdomains update + Traffic stats errors

NEW PANDA 23 Dec 21 2012
      http://searchengineland.com/official-go … ies-143271

Recent update on Subdomains
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MswMYk0 … e=youtu.be

maybe linked -
      also reported traffic issues for HP stats

'Tis the season to be Jolly!!!!

1. Will Apse profile image89
        Will Apseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It seems as if everyone has been hit which is unusual for Panda. I would let the security cert thing work through and let those Xmas shopper get home before worrying too much.

2. livewithrichard profile image73
        livewithrichardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That video explains a lot of what I had already suspected.

35. rebekahELLE profile image86

I just read on another thread that the security certificate issue has been resolved.  This security warning could have affected traffic?  I don't know.  My hubs that rank well are still there.

36. sabrebIade profile image79

From what I can tell the pageviews are accurate.
    If I am reading this right that is.....

"It isn't very straightforward as you don't see any of this behind the scenes processing on your end, but the system appears to be working properly and the current view counts are accurate."
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/107174

The traffic sources have negative values so something is amiss.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
        Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I notice the negative values also

37. Daughter Of Maat profile image94
    Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years ago

I question whether or not the HP stats page is accurate at all right now. My stats page says I've had less than 300 views, but Google analytics says I've had over 500. That's a big discrepancy. Something is going on, and I'm not entirely sure it's Google's fault this time. I wonder if it will affect our earnings if the HP stats are incorrect.

I hope it's a bug, because those low views are extremely depressing.

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image94
        Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree!! And the numbers just keep dropping. But again, Google says I've had double the views that my HP stats page says I had in the past 24 hours.

I have negative views too.

I understand the drop in traffic, it could be the result of the holidays coming up, and the Google updates that they say didn't occur, but I think HP screwed up somewhere...

38. GeneralHowitzer profile image66
    GeneralHowitzerposted 11 years ago

From 1K a day average my views today is only 175 nyahahahaha... my lowest after a long very while... maybe the christmas vacation has taken its toll on my hubs...

I hope it will recover in the coming days though...

1. CyclingFitness profile image90
      CyclingFitnessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mine is very similar. My traffic over the last week slowly crept up. The vanished again.

I get about a 50/50 split between google.com and .co.uk yet over the last week it's been mainly the .com traffic that has disappeared.

It's a shame as I was hoping to hit a good amazon payout this month

2. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can bet that the cheerleaders of HP will agree with you, that it is the holiday season...the "excuses" that the HP cheerleaders pop in here with are the same ones used over and over.  Never could the godly HP be at fault. (However, I have read posts by staff members where they admit to making mistakes  but shrug it off.)

I used to aggressively post new material here, but that ceased months ago when HP started killing a fifth of my material here by putting the death blow "idle" status on hubs.  Just not worth the time and effort.  My main goal is to have my material available to people to find and read.  With the wonderful "noindex" tag on these idled hubs, people can no longer find my material....so I have moved all of the idled hubs elsewhere, where, believe it or not, Google accepts them, lol.

39. ttocs profile image91
    ttocsposted 11 years ago

my traffic has hit its lowest since my 2nd month here, which is over a year ago sad
    hope its an error but what can you do

40. Asp52 profile image78
    Asp52posted 11 years ago

I have dropped over half way in traffic in last 48hrs sad

41. Dale Hyde profile image80
    Dale Hydeposted 11 years ago

My views are down 78 percent over last week, and down overnight by half the amount of views as of yesterday.

I see HP is bottoming out again.  Sad to see this continue to happen, over, and over, and over, and over....and the staff can not even begin to identify the problem, much less resolve it with nothing other than poking around blindly in dark, ultimately hurting the site even more. 

I have been here a year and have seen total devastation transpire with the views here within that 12 month period.  It is almost like a repeated method that is in place here.... up a day or two, then down for one or two months, up again for a couple of days, then the views plunge once again.

Sad to say, I do not see Google bounching around like that.... it is the minions such as HP that continually feel the need to tweak the site that creates the horrible viewing patterns.  The more tweaking that is done and Google does not like it, the harder it will be for this site to ever recover.  Google does not forget past performance...something to remember.

42. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 11 years ago

With many sources showing negative views and the results looking nothing like what I can see on analytics I would guess that HP has another bug... winter vomiting flu has hit the site!!

I would expect my views to be down a little as my hubs have nothing at all relevant to Christmas or shopping but I am currently at about 15% of normal......... Google shows me down a little compared to normal but nothing like our stats page is showing!!

43. Steve Lensman profile image61

Must be a bug. Checking the HP stats on one of my hubs it says there have been a dozen views from various google domains in the past 24hrs and yet my HP views chart lists it as 0 views.

1. AlexK2009 profile image83
      AlexK2009posted 11 years agoin reply to this

If the problemis just with views I am cool. If it also affects earnings I am not cool.

44. sparkster profile image85
    sparksterposted 11 years ago

It wouldn't surprise me if this is a bug, there is clearly something very wrong today.  In addition, Google need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that they do not own the internet, despite what they might like to believe.

Google have been dominating the internet for decades and they have their fingers in every single internet pie and because of their manipulation of the internet they are putting all other web companies out of business.

They should not be allowed to do it, they did not invent the internet and they do not own it.  Legal action should be taken against them by all other web companies for completely boycotting the internet.  From now on I will not be using any Google products or services.  Adsense can go to hell, Chrome can go to hell, Google sites can go to hell, Google Play can go to hell - Google can go to hell!

Google have become the worst internet company there is.

1. AlexK2009 profile image83
      AlexK2009posted 11 years agoin reply to this

If there is a bug it may well be affecting Google's ad revenue and will be corrected as soon as they can be convinced there IS a bug.  This can be hard. I know of programmers telling testers " I am not going to fix that. I ti snot a bug you are not testing it the way it was meant to be used"  I also recall talking to atester who told me he found serious bugs in a banking application and no one would fix them as the system had gone live. If you know what I know about how enterprises handle their IT you would trust nothing on the internet. Me, I don't even trust MY programs until someone else has tested them and I have had a chance to review them a while later.

Remember Google got into trouble recently for  adjusting rankings to favour their own products??  I do not trust them either. The corporation may have a good heart but some of the people there  may have a south pointing moral compass. 

My problem is how to build something that does not rely on Google.

2. mattforte profile image88
      mattforteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Decades?

45. sparkster profile image85
    sparksterposted 11 years ago

Okay, it now seems that Google have updated their advertising mechanism so that advertising results are based on the cookies stored on users computers.

Advertising categories based upon the Google cookie stored on my computer:

Arts & Entertainment
    Remove
    Arts & Entertainment - Music & Audio - Music Education & Instruction
    Remove
    Arts & Entertainment - Music & Audio - Music Equipment & Technology - Musical Instruments
    Remove
    Arts & Entertainment - Music & Audio - Music Equipment & Technology - Musical Instruments - Guitars
    Remove
    Business & Industrial
    Remove
    Business & Industrial - Small Business - MLM & Business Opportunities
    Remove
    Games - Computer & Video Games - Casual Games
    Remove
    Games - Online Games
    Remove
    Internet & Telecom
    Remove
    Internet & Telecom - Web Services
    Remove
    Internet & Telecom - Web Services - Search Engine Optimization & Marketing
    Remove
    Internet & Telecom - Web Services - Web Stats & Analytics
    Remove
    Law & Government - Military
    Remove
    News - Weather
    Remove
    Science - Astronomy
    Remove
    Science - Physics

Adverts related to Hubpages:

Just 1 advert: Create a Hubpage for $35!

46. Azure11 profile image86
    Azure11posted 11 years ago

Yep, have also hit an all time low today after a month or two of OK views :-( Oh well, such is life, I have pretty much given up on any consistency these days.

47. LucidDreams profile image64
    LucidDreamsposted 11 years ago

Im pretty sure the blue arrow notification is going to stop working because it's worn out!

48. Steve Lensman profile image61

Well my views are slowly moving up, maybe it was just a temporary glitch? I hope.
    And we've got the Xmas traffic slump to look forward too as well.

49. rebekahELLE profile image86

There is a glitch with HP stats, check analytics.  Mine don't match.  Simone mentions in on another thread about stats, known issue.  It just seems odd that yesterday everyone saw such a drastic drop in views, it must have had something to do with the security certificate expiring for that time period.

Oh well, I have too much to do this weekend.  Enjoy!

1. Ms Dee profile image86
      Ms Deeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

rebekahELLE, Thanks for your suggestion to check G Analytics. I do find upon checking it that those statistics seem to match pretty close to HP's statistics for this month. Maybe my subdomain is not one of those where the statistics are off, while some other subdomains are.

I do note, too, that since Dec. 9th it shows a steady decline in traffic. I'm remembering that earlier in this thread it was pointed on that on Dec. 10th something suddenly caused the traffic decline. My traffic is the lowest it has been since Aug. 2011.

50. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

Please anybody since HP is no longer paying out  from zero hits  and there is nothing I can do about it - my only  choice is to go somewhere else. Is HP being black-balled by google by low quality hubs? Is the nofollow still being applied at a hub score of 50 and below? Perhaps HP needs to tighten up minimum dofollows my lowest published hub has a score of 53, has ZERO hits in last 30 days, total 138 in 2 years -  yet has the "H' next to it as featured. Probably because I'm the only one with a hiking story and near bear experience story. 

It wouldn't matter if I unpublished everything below a 70 hubscore if HP as an entire site is being blackballed.

What does HP say it plans to do to stop being blackballed by google?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)