What age should kids given cell phone?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 59 discussions (133 posts)
  1. Lgali profile image56
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

What age should kids given cell phone

1. lisafwg01 profile image60
      lisafwg01posted 14 years agoin reply to this

When they are old enough to pay for the phone and service themselves!

I guess I'm old fashioned because I see absolutely no reason for a child to have a cell phone.

1. Lgali profile image56
        Lgaliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that is very hard

2. Princess Kari profile image60
        Princess Kariposted 14 years agoin reply to this

but what about emergencies?

1. lisafwg01 profile image60
          lisafwg01posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Somehow my generation managed to grow up without cell phones..lol

1. JSwanson profile image61
            JSwansonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Previous generations grew up with a lot of the technology that we dont have today.  As an example previous generations couldnt participate in a forum such as this one.

I think its totally up to the parents to determine the needs but if used properly and responsibly I also believe it can be a great safety tool.

Jenny

1. Lgali profile image56
      3. packerpack profile image58
        packerpackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I support both of the above concept partially but the world has changed, it has become more complex and even more unsafe. Consider an emergency situation in which your kid is trapped and no one knows about it? Do you think cell phone is still not necessary? I guess following could be a possible solution;

1. Lgali profile image56

i agree to

4. scheinandras profile image60
        scheinandrasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's the way to say it:)

5. curiozities profile image60
        curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you.  In short, they can buy it themselves when they're old enough to do so because I ain't giving it to them.

2. profile image0
      MangoGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

my cousin is 5 and he has a cell phone, latest design
      pretty ridiculous, isn't it?

1. Lgali profile image56

nice to know..thanks

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Especially when there are studies that say it's unhealthy for kids under 8... see above.

1. profile image0
          MangoGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know, I hate to say but some people really don't deserve their children. sad

I see you're a cat person. Have you seen frogdropping's latest on cats? smile

1. Lgali profile image56

some people really don't deserve their children why is so?

3. TrinaLynne profile image71
      TrinaLynneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Honestly I don't think kids should get a cell phone until they atleast are 16 and have a part-time job. But given the times - with school violence, natural disasters, any type of emergency, etc. - it is imperitive that children stay in contact with their parents at a younger age. They need to be responsible because I know some parents' kids cell bills are higher than an electric bill.
      As long as its used for emergencies I think middle school is an appriate age if the child is responsible.

4. Davinagirl3 profile image61
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It varies.  Every child is different and each can handle different amounts of responsibility.  It is also up to the parent to make sure that the child knows that a cell phone is not a toy.  I think the younger a child can handle the responsibility of a cell phone, the better.  My friend's son is 10 and he has a cell phone on which he can only call 5 people.  The numbers are locked in and he can't use the dial pad.  There is 911 programmed in.

1. Lgali profile image56

that is best thing
        My friend's son is 10 and he has a cell phone on which he can only call 5 people.  The numbers are locked in and he can't use the dial pad.  There is 911 programmed in.

5. zaina-777 profile image59
      zaina-777posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I bought my daughter a cell phone this year on her 10th birthday. For me to buy her it was very necessary as I work away from home and if I am caught up in traffic, I can call her and let her know.

In the 6 months she has had it, I put in £20 credit and just over £14 is still in her credit, so for less then £2 a month, I think its more then reassuring to know that if she needs me or vice versa, it was a good investment.

Maybe I may need to worry more when she hits her teen years.

1. Lgali profile image56

nice idea

6. Rpenafiel profile image60
      Rpenafielposted 12 years agoin reply to this

People have a varying view on this. Some would say that it is ideal to give children a cell phone when they are over 13 year-old, while others would say that they prefer to give their children a cell phone when they are already 18 year-old.

As I see it, however, age is not the sole thing that has to be considered by parents when deciding to give their child a cell phone. The need for the device and the maturity to handle it should also be considered. It can’t be denied that a cell phone can be very helpful in times of emergency, especially the ones with an emergency response system. So for parents who see the need for their children to have this device, they can simply opt to give their children a simple cell phone, which is more fitted to their needs.

2. profile image0
    Adam Bposted 14 years ago

I like the idea of a cell phone that can only receive calls from the parents and can only dial parents and 911.

With that phone I say it can be given to them at a very early age.

1. Lgali profile image56

I agree with you. Is it possible?

2. Princess Kari profile image60

i agree. after all, the kid might get lost in a shopping centre or on the bus or even at school. a phone lessens the possibility. even a kidnapper can at least call the kids parents

3. moposan profile image57
      moposanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And I Approve this massage

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Massage? Is someone giving massages? I'll take one smile

1. moposan profile image57
          moposanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

definitely far from spelling bee
          But quite good at massaging

3. profile image0
    Adam Bposted 14 years ago

yeah, you can set it up with your cell phone carrier.

1. Lgali profile image56

good to know this thanks

1. HappyHer profile image53
        HappyHerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They have some wonderful services for children with cell phones and I think they should have them just as soon as they start spending time away from you.  They even have some that allow you to set the minutes as your child earns them!

I guess I would think about if they can go to the park or to play at a friend's by themselves?  Then that would be a good time for them to have a phone, not as a novelty, but as a safety measure.

1. Lgali profile image56

good take as a safety measure with minutes with there spending money

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

This study suggests kids under 8 not be given cell phones.

http://www.theallineed.com/family/05012302.htm

1. Princess Kari profile image60

yeah radiation is bad

5. RGraf profile image87
    RGrafposted 14 years ago

My 12 twelve year was given one because she was in after school activities and when the office closed she could not call to say it was ending early or was canceled.  Her 10 year old brother wants one, but so far I don't see a need beyond a want - therefore, no phone.  The $ also comes out of her allowance each week.

i think making the child contribute is ok if the phone is fancy and cutesy

1. Lgali profile image56

so 10 or 12 is good age with emergency features

6. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

I'm with the others who say when they can pay for it themselves.

Kids don't NEED cell phones.  They WANT cell phones.

what about birthday presents and prepaid? smile my brother and i got phones but they are less of a toy and more of a mundane thing to get us get hold of mom and dad

7. profile image0
    ysdataposted 14 years ago

When they start grade school with parent control.  Only allowed to dial home and other emergency contacts -- parent's selected.  Then as they get older -- remove some of the parent controls.

8. RGraf profile image87
    RGrafposted 14 years ago

Each person needs to be evaluated individually.  If they go off on their own a lot, maybe they need one.  I know that my daughter has called when she felt that she was being followed (there was a guy following her and her phone call had us down the block to prevent anything from happening).  If they don't venture out, then they probably don't need one.

what about people who have a really big house?

9. profile image0
    ysdataposted 14 years ago

A few years old, we move to a new city.  The bus driver (school bus) could not find our new development.  My daughter was able to call home -- I found the bus (and my child) thanks to the cell phone.

10. Princess Kari profile image60
    Princess Kariposted 14 years ago

I would say ten is an ok age if it is not super fancy and it is just to get calls from mommy and daddy. socially i would say 12-13 so that they can sms their friends

11. Laughing Mom profile image61
    Laughing Momposted 14 years ago

My daughters each got phones when they got old enough to go places without me. They have Kajeet service, which allows me to control what numbers can call and be called, and what times they can and can't use it. It's also GPS traceable so I can find them if I need to. But it's basically just an emergency use only thing, so they only get like 30 minutes a month. And NO testing,although they are pushing me to add that feature.

12. LennyP profile image73
    LennyPposted 14 years ago

There is no need for cell phones. If you are old enough to have children you are old enough to have lived without them. You didn't need them so why would they? I agree with the camp that says they can have them when they can buy one themselves.

1. Lgali profile image56

so do not buy good one

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79

I think the point was that they don't need them...no matter the cost.

1. lxxy profile image61
          lxxyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What if your kid has a habit of running off in the store? Or at a mall? Obviously, you should teach your kid not to...but those who don't, or try their dardenst and their kid is stubborn, this doesn't work.

Cell phones are merely a device for long distance communication. If a kid is given one with a specific purpose (like for emergencies) it provides a good way to keep track of your kid and give them a way to quickly call for help.

1. profile image0
            EYES CHAMbERSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile i have agreed!

13. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

I think all kids should have a way of communicating in an emergency; there's a cell phone designed to keep kids in touch with fire, police, and mom and dad. But nothing more, nothing less. They can't even enter a number themselves to call out.

1. Laughing Mom profile image61
      Laughing Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I knew how to put a thumbs up icon on here, I would. So just imagine it's there, lxxy.

1. lxxy profile image61
        lxxyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks LM. smile You can...on one of my hubs! wink Haha, no, just kidding.

Here's a link to said phone I speak of:

http://www.fireflymobile.com/

2. Lgali profile image56

good take

14. sassychic profile image60
    sassychicposted 14 years ago

I have to say that children are growing up so fast and society isnt helping the cause. Children become way too "busy" at young ages when they should slow down a little.

I recieved a cell phone when I was 15, that was because of my activities and it was heavily supervised only for times when I really needed it, not at school unless I was going to a track meet or going somewhere I needed to get in contact with my parents. My sister on the other hand recieved her's much younger at the age of 13! she had the phone handed to her and I had to work my buttah of for!

I have worked very hard to prove that I can "handel or have privleges" my sister often doesnt have to ask for promisson for much adn gets things handed to her easily.

I guess it really just goes for maturity level and responsibility.

I would say and agree with when they can pay for it. they will build character and the understanding of money that way

15. profile image0
    EYES CHAMbERSposted 14 years ago

I think when a child is finally walking home by themselves or staying with friends and is old enough to be taking the bus places...they should have a cell phone! You never what could happen in this world or what might happen around any child...a cell phone could possibly save their lives in many situations. However...if a child is at home constantly and only in houses you know the number to...there really is no need is there!?

1. Lgali profile image56

good take

16. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I think sometimes it may depend on the situation, rather than the age.  I like the idea of keeping either a kids' phone or a cheapy cell phone, and just letting the child have it if he's going to be in a situation where it may be a good idea.  If I had a five-year-old going for a sleepover I may tuck one in his backpack.   I don't think kids younger than high school need them for anything other than "in case of emergency".  Something like $15 a month on a prepaid phone will cover that type of thing.

1. Lgali profile image56

yes I agreed with you

17. spiderpam profile image74
    spiderpamposted 14 years ago

It's tough to say nowadays, maybe between the ages of 12-14

18. dineane profile image83
    dineaneposted 14 years ago

When and whether kids have cell phones isn't a "should" or a "should not". Of course no one needs a cell phone. We don't need a stereo or a computer either. It's up to the parents to judge whether their child is responsible enough to have a phone, whether the convenience is worth the money, or whether or not they simply want to gift their child with a cell phone - anymore than they'd give them a video game unit or a baseball bat.

My daughter has had her phone since about 12 (she's 17 now). I think as a result I've allowed her to be more independent since we can conveniently reach each other. And she enjoys communicating with her friends via the cell phone. I don't make her pay for it, but then I don't charge her for watching the t.v. :-)

19. profile image0
    Direxmdposted 14 years ago

Why does there need to be an arbitrary age limit? Just look at your kid and you will know if the time is right or not.  It's that simple, make the best judgment based on your child, not the age of other peoples' children.  Everyone is created and is raised differently--you will know when the time is right.

1. Lgali profile image56

still if know how other expereince we will have good ideas

2. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are spot on with this. My children and grandchildren have had phones when they needed them. One at age 7 another at 9 and one other at 12.

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
        KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I also agree.  It will be different for every family.  When my daughter started participating in a lot of afterschool activities I wanted her to be able to call me.   She was around 12.  No matter what age they are, you have to teach them to use them responsibly and how to care for them.  As my daughter has gotten older she now uses HER money to upgrade the phone, etc.

20. I'mmabookworm! profile image60
    I'mmabookworm!posted 14 years ago

Probably when they are about to go to High School as they will probably need it more then. But generally, you should know when they will need one! ^^

Bookworm

1. Lgali profile image56

grade 7 is good time

21. Kudlit profile image63
    Kudlitposted 14 years ago

I gave my daughter a cellphone when she graduated from elementary.

1. Lgali profile image56

that is good time

22. jcales profile image54
    jcalesposted 14 years ago

I would say 13 and above. (PG - 13 rule)

Why? because they should simply go to school, or if in after-school activities have a teacher or teacher asst. there with a phone for parents to call them, after that they are home right?

23. andromida profile image54
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

If necessary then even 5 years kid can keep a cell phone.But I think the electromagnetic radiation will have some negative effect on kids health or even on kids brain frequency.Although research of radiation by cellphone on human brain is going on and still we don't know the actual effects of cell phone radiation.So, I think kids should avoid cell phone as much as possible.

24. Apepperson profile image61
    Apeppersonposted 14 years ago

I don't think kids need cell phones to begin with. The excuse about maybe them needing one in an emergency is hog wash. I can't get over some of these 8 year olds walking around with Blackberry's.

What age? After they move out and get a job!

25. Joelle Burnette profile image70
    Joelle Burnetteposted 14 years ago

We gave our son a cell phone when he began middle school. His sister's school is on his way home and it comes in handy to call him when I need him to walk her home. It's also nice on rainy days to know where to pick him up and when he's off at his afternoon activities; swim team and such.

I also know I can trust him to follow the rules of the phone. And I know he's not using it at school because the school doesn't allow them to be used during school hours. If an adult/teacher sees them using a phone during school, it is confiiscated and a parent must come to school to claim it.

1. Lgali profile image56

i agree middle school is good time

26. PaulaShaftoe profile image59
    PaulaShaftoeposted 14 years ago

Kids start to get busy AND independent in middle school (7th grade). Prior to that kids are RARELY on their own without easy access to parents/teachers/coaches/etc for communication.

1. Lgali profile image56

so 7th grade is good time

2. Lgali profile image56

good take

27. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

It's an individual decision.  That being said, I am appalled by the number of kids in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL who have them.  Some of my daughter's 4th grade friends are cell phone wielding children.  Come on.  You shouldn't be so out of touch with a child this young that he/she would even need one.  Ugh.

1. Lgali profile image56

I agree

28. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

I've learned the hard way on this issue (divorced parents are notorious for indulging because the kids "split" between the two parents). For example, "we" (Sonny and me) learned just how few the number 300 is when it comes to texts. That was the amount he had per month but was actually the number he used in a week. To be fair, I had to learn the same thing with minutes early on until I found a rate plan with sufficient minutes that I don't go over. And with free unlimited texts.

It is true that our generation was able to manage without cell phones. Heck, our telephones were even stuck to the wall:-). But I do find having the capability to check in with Sonny (and him with me)gives me peace of mind.

29. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

People generations ago did without a lot of the things we have today...and yes, we all made it, but it's not a reason to ignore the technilogical advances we've made.  Cellphones are a tool that when used properly can assist both kids and their parents keep in contact with each other.

1. Lgali profile image56

good take

30. profile image53
    Jacodyposted 14 years ago

the age they seem ready at.

31. profile image0
    J-Maeposted 14 years ago

Our daughter just turned 10. Her big present from us was a phone. She has had it a week and is doing very well. Its not like she has a ton of friends just yet.
    I think it really depends on the child. My child is very responsible and very mature for her age.
    We have rules and regulations and so far so good but it has only been a week and a day. She has only used 95 mins, most in texting.

smile

32. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

Actually when they turn 5 years old, so they can ask all those questions they have.

1. profile image0
      J-Maeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol... I so 'getcha'. Hand them the phone to call NANA and PAPA

33. Hope Alexander profile image70
    Hope Alexanderposted 14 years ago

Children shouldn't be given cellphones, they should be implanted with RFID chips which track their movements anywhere on the globe.. that's the only sensible thing to do...

34. ainy profile image57
    ainyposted 14 years ago

one coin, two sides. but frankly speaking, kids should not be allowed to have cell phone when they are too small, such as when they are in primary school. even if they are elder,families should be their superintendents. but i am afraid that if they are in trouble and they cannot hlep themselves, then what is the best choice for them?maybe at thay moment, the people they want is just their father or mother or sister and borther! it is a real difficult thing to decide what is the best!

35. profile image52
    Serena L.posted 14 years ago

I think it's appropriate for kids to have access to cellphones when you are comfortable leaving them alone at activities -- baseball practice, drama, after-high school stuff.  At that point, it's a convenience to you to have them meet you quickly and easily when it's time to pick them up.  For me, that hits around 15.  At fifteen, they can and should contribute to the cost either with money or extra chores.

Be careful that the phone gets charged in your room at night.  Some of my teens' friends are totally comfortable calling or texting them between 11PM-3AM.  Teens need to sleep.

1. Lgali profile image56

that is good age

1. profile image53
        Jacodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i agree too 15 is a good age.

1. Lgali profile image56

so 15 is good age

36. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I dont understand parents who buy them for the kids?
    Crazy.!

37. kmackey32 profile image66
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I believe children should have a cell phone at a young age. Lots of phones have tracking devices on them and i love to know where my child is at all times. If my child was ever kidnapped it would show where they are....

38. profile image56
    Blackngoldbananaposted 14 years ago

Actually, nobody NEEDS a cell phone.  Humanity lived without them for several thousands of years.  Kids don't NEED them, but it makes it a lot easier on the mother to keep in constact contact with them.  It depends upon the child of course, how much time they are away from home and how responsible they are.

39. lumberjack profile image66
    lumberjackposted 14 years ago

i think cell phone is God given right, every child should have one before they turn 10

1. Lgali profile image56

10 is good age or to early

40. Journey * profile image68
    Journey *posted 14 years ago

Hey there, Lgali, you started a good forum topic here. This is a topic of constant debate with parents. I see there have already been lots of responses and I'm joining in late in the game but I agree mostly with those who have said "when they are old enough to afford it themselves." There are a few exceptions.

1. Lgali profile image56

so what is old enough?

41. Eaglekiwi profile image73

I never gave my kids cell-phones at all.
    If there was an emergency, landlines worked just fine.
    They bought their own individually ,as soon as they could afford them.
    Actually you might think I was a mean mum ,but as soon as they wanted junk food , I told them its time to get a job after achool lol which they all did...then they bought all the soda and junk there lil hearts desired.
    Now they are older ,they dont waste their money so much , or are more disciplined than most of their friends.
    And their mums  still whine on about it , but still give to their darlings like its their right ???....who decided that ,lol

42. R. Blue profile image61
    R. Blueposted 14 years ago

Kids should never get cell phones...especially ones that text....too many getting killed because of them.  I say implant kids with a tracking device at birth....surgically.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

then put them on ebay when they turn 16..lol

43. Eaglekiwi profile image73

My dad raised four daughters alone, when our mother died.
    He never gave us a curfew and my friends envied me.
    Dad said you are old enough to know if you dont get enough sleep , youll be tired the next day , and when youre tired you lose interest in learning, so he went on , I trust you to know what your body needs...
    Well damn !!..I felt so guilty being out late , I would be home ,in bed ,asleep by 10:30 anyway...lol

Post date When I become a mum to three sons,and another generation , that wisdom still works ( with a little tweeking)
    boys need a different kind of guidance.

Cell-phones are a luxury item when your young and a damn nuisance when your older ( j/k)
    Lgali it depends on your standards, not what other people would do ( just my opinion)

1. Lgali profile image56

very nice take Thanks

44. Drew Breezzy profile image63
    Drew Breezzyposted 14 years ago

somewhere between 13 and 16

1. Lgali profile image56

that is good age

45. mayhmong profile image76
    mayhmongposted 14 years ago

Never!!!

1. Lgali profile image56

why never?

46. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I say give kids very basic phones until they are eighteen.  When they are older they can buy their own phone with all the features.

1. Lgali profile image56

very nice points

2. Lgali profile image56

that is good one

3. Lgali profile image56

that is good way to make them happy

47. mayhmong profile image76
    mayhmongposted 14 years ago

Once they start, they won't stop using all your minutes. Wait til they get their own job and earn it themselves.

48. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

You can give a kid one of those safety cell phones that allows them to only call you, a trusted relative, a trusted family friend, and 911.  Also, those phones often have a gpa tracking device built in.

49. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I'm amazed this thread is still going on smile

1. kmackey32 profile image66
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why? its a good question. And my 9 year old has a cell phone.

1. Lgali profile image56

thanks for sharing your views

50. anime_nanet profile image61
    anime_nanetposted 14 years ago

Sixteen

1. Lgali profile image56

i agree

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)