jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)

The funniest newspaper article this year (caution: not for kids)

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

From Australia's northern Territory News.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2009/1 … tnews.html

The subheading for the first photo is a classic!

And so is the bit about the $5 note.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image77
      EmpressFelicityposted 8 years agoin reply to this

LOL. Somehow I can't imagine my local newspaper reporting this story in quite the same way...

2. wesleycox profile image83
    wesleycoxposted 8 years ago

Wow, what a story.  Can't say that I have ever read a newspaper article like that before.  Made me laugh pretty well though.

3. littledevil1983 profile image59
    littledevil1983posted 8 years ago

he he. loved reading that, made me giggle, esp the money part, lol

4. littledevil1983 profile image59
    littledevil1983posted 8 years ago

he he. loved reading that, made me giggle, esp the money part, lol

5. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 8 years ago

well I guess the Aussies are a little more open when reporting than the US papers.. hehehe

6. darkside profile image82
    darksideposted 8 years ago

The editors in the Northern Territory must be a bit more relaxed and less serious than those on the east coast. I did see it earlier yesterday, and I had a giggle.

Especially when she's stating the reasons why it couldn't have been the story that was 'blown' out of proportion and then ends it with "But $5 is a bit cheap for a..." big_smile

7. Tom Cornett profile image78
    Tom Cornettposted 8 years ago

They should have checked the back of her head for a steering wheel imprint.  smile

1. profile image0
      Am I dead, yet?posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Tom!

2. darkside profile image82
      darksideposted 8 years agoin reply to this

And the back of her throat for bruising.

8. Flightkeeper profile image73
    Flightkeeperposted 8 years ago

It certainly didn't help that the crash happened in Humpty Doo after drinks at the Humpty Doo bar smile

1. Catherine R profile image61
      Catherine Rposted 8 years agoin reply to this

A perfect example of why I love Australia - where they call a spade a spade!  And the fact that there is a place called Humpty Doo.  Nice one.

1. Flightkeeper profile image73
        Flightkeeperposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes! It was funny that the lady wouldn't have any trouble admitting that her blow job would have caused the accident if it were true!

9. mcbean profile image78
    mcbeanposted 8 years ago

My fellow Australians are all class.
    I particularly like the photo: Beer on the table, smoke in hand. Your Mum would be so proud.

10. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

Here's another one that's just as funny as the first link.

Again, from the Territory News

The Subeditor who wrote the title was obviously in fine form that day !

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2009/0 … tnews.html

1. AEvans profile image80
      AEvansposted 8 years agoin reply to this

At least your headlines are hilarious! Here in the U.S someone would roll over if that was printed. They are still a little stiff you must keep these coming. lolololo big_smile

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
        Eric Graudinsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Might be a while.
        We don't see too many which are that good! lol

11. AEvans profile image80
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

Hilarious!!!!! But she sure didn't mention where the $5 bill came from did she? heheheh big_smile

12. jiberish profile image73
    jiberishposted 8 years ago

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German man mooning at railway staff in a departing train got his trousers caught in a carriage door and ended up being dragged half naked along the platform, out of the station and onto the tracks.

The 22-year-old journalism student shoved his backside against the window of a low-slung double-decker train when staff forced him off in Lauenbrueck for traveling without a ticket, a spokesman for police in the northern city of Bremen said.

"It's a miracle he wasn't badly hurt," the spokesman said on Monday. "This sort of thing can end up killing you."

Instead, dangling by his trousers, the man got pulled along for about 200 meters, all the while managing to keep his legs away from the wheels of the train.

The ordeal ended when a passenger pulled the emergency brake. Rescues services were called in, causing rail services between Bremen and Hamburg to be suspended for over an hour, delaying 23 trains

13. darkside profile image82
    darksideposted 8 years ago

A few years ago there was a story in the Newcastle Herald about a guy who made videos of women kicking him in the nuts. It was his fetish. Unfortunately for him he paid a 16 year old girl to do it. Nothing else happened between them, just paid her a few hundred dollars for about a half hours worth of nut kicking.

He had to go to court for it, and went to jail. Though I imagine he would have enjoyed his time in the big house. He wouldn't have to pay the guys in there to give him a good hard swift kick into the sack.

working