Do I belong or am I a misfit here on Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (83 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Luanne16posted 14 years ago

I'm really new. I was a teacher for 14 years, was laid off in June and I started journaling to relieve some stress. I have always loved to write, and I got this crazy idea that I should join hubpages to learn from other great writers.
    I don't care about earning, if it were to happen great, but the real reason I'm here is to see if I can raise the bar for myself and become better.
    I've been emailing some hubwriters who I am in awe with, and have sent emails, asking them to mentor me. Then I saw this forum, and thought maybe someone out there would take pity on me, and pull me out of the sinking ship.

I'm a little scared about what people will say. I want to earn respect for my writing, and I know part of the process is getting feedback from other writers who are way more talented and smarter than  me.

If you wouldn't mind, would you let me know if my style fits in here? Do I belong? Will people like reading what I write?

Then, maybe give me some tips , suggestions on how to improve as a writer. (I know I need to drive trafic, but could your feedback be more on the mechanics of my writing, style, tone, skill or lack there of)
    Wow, I'm long winded....but I guess that tells you more than anything I want to belong here. If my dream comes true, someday I'll publish a book (but tell me I'm crazy if you don't agree--I need a friend to steer me in the right direction or path I'm supposed to follow)
    Thanks if you read this far (sure most of you clicked away paragraphs ago, so you are a loyal new friend)
    Hope I hear from you,
    Luanne

1. SandyMcCollum profile image64
      SandyMcCollumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Luanne, and welcome!
      I'm nobody to be taking you under my wing, but I thought perhaps we could help each other along the way. I've been writing for a long time, but keywords and traffic building are new to me. I don't know what all the terms mean so I have to look them up before I can continue learning whatever it was. But I keep going...

Your letter is very clear and articulate, I think you'll make a fine writer. The secret I have is read, read, read the forums, then write, write, write. I know there are ppl here with real experience at working the Hubpages, and they'll post and help. Maybe right now while I'm going on and on...

Good luck and keep me posted. smile
      *Sandy

2. ediggity profile image59
      ediggityposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I read your Hubs.  You are really creative.  Everyone here has a different style, and is here for different reasons.  I say we are all misfits.  You'll fit in just fine.

PS. you have a typo on you entrepreneur Hub.  It says completel around the intro paragraph, I think you meant complete.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is a very welcoming place, and I am sure you will fit in. Be nice, write loads, comment on other's hubs, and if you like them join their fan club, (in the same way others will join yours). You will love every minute of your time here that way smile  Welcome smile

4. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All styles fit in here, Luanne.  How you use the site is up to you. 

Hubbers who are here to earn money, focus most of their attention on gaining visitors from outside HubPages, because they are the audience that clicks on ads.

Creative writing doesn't generally earn well, so you will probably be more interested in garnering a Hubber following.  The best way to do that is to participate meaningfully in the forums - if people find your contributions interesting and intelligent, they'll check out your Hubs.

Welcome!

1. Friendlyword profile image61
        Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

WAIT A MINUTE...OK, OK I'm all right. I just fell off my chair laughing. Fit in? You want to fit in? Oh I cant take. I'm sliding to the floor again...

2. Don W profile image81
        Don Wposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you never argue, produce excellent hubs 100% of the time, never write hubs as a method of grinding an axe against someone or something, are above pettiness, will never throw a tantrum in the forum, will never deliberately push buttons you know will make someone explode in anger, just for the fun of making someone explode in anger, will never offend anyone, are always upbeat and helpful, then I’m sorry you will not fit in here at all. Otherwise, welcome to HubPages smile

1. tantrum profile image59
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tantrums are always welcome in this forum ! big_smile

1. Don W profile image81
            Don Wposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep. There's always a tantrum in the forum!

2. profile image0
          Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol best answer yet, I think!!

3. 2uesday profile image65
        2uesdayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have not been here long and social networking is a complete mystery to me, would never find the time to write if I did that.

Do n't worry about fitting in, just make your Hubpages, read up about how to do Hubpages things as and when you need to.

That is the beauty of HubPages you can work at your own pace. Slowly people will find you and your hubs and become fans and more importantly to you as a writer they will read you and leave comments.

You will find the majority of people here are kind and helpful. I was so worried about posting my writing here that I started out with just facts for my hubs. One day I thought I will just post one little story no one will notice, but the feed back that I got has encouraged me to start creative writing again.

I think it is good to have writing you are willing to share but if it is something 'big' that you are wanting to put into a competition or have published in future; putting it anywhere on-line may affect your ability to do that. Hope you enjoy being on HubPages I look forward to reading more of your hubs.

5. profile image0

Thanks Sandy,
      I'd love to connect. I need a friend to go to when I'm stuck or getting down on my self and my work.
      thanks  again, and keep in touch!
      Luanne

1. kverdasmith profile image60
        kverdasmithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am new as well. I have no expectations but think this is a great writers community. If I were to offer help I would say have more confidence in yourself as a person and the writing will come naturally. It is worthwhile to proofread your writing before publishing. It adds a lot of credibility to your work and is of course nicer to read. I think everyone has a story and a perspective. The differences we have is what makes life fun and interesting. This is an adventure...I hope you start to really enjoy it. I look forward to reading more of your hubs.

6. profile image0

Thank you for your encouragement, from one misfit to another,
      and I'll fix the typo--would hate it if one of my old middle school students caught that (and to think I taught English! shame on me!)
      Keep in touch okay!
      LU

7. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

welcome Luanne, of course, you're welcome here. there are so many different kinds of people and writing styles and purposes to be here. I think you will find the community very engaging and helpful (you are hardly a misfit! you will notice a few...)

I think being a teacher gives you an edge with writing as far as knowing proper sentence structure, grammar, etc., knowing how to communicate- plus the wealth of wisdom you have gained from working in the field of education.

we have a bit in common, I also was 'laid off' from my 14 yr. professional teaching career, so I'm taking it 'to the streets', so to speak. teachers can fit into a lot of niches.
      you're going to love it here and continue doing what you're doing, reading lots of hubs, reading the how to hubs and beginning to communicate with others. you will make new friends!

btw, I'm a huge Boston lover, I usually get there at least once a year as my brother and his family live just outside of Boston although he works downtown. I was just there in Oct.!

here's a helpful forum thread that was made yesterday with lots of helpful links. 

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/27123

enjoy! big_smile

1. profile image0
        Luanne16posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your vote of confidence! Where in Boston were you ? I live in Plymouth, America's home town, but grew up on Cape Cod.
        Definitely count me in as your new friend on Hub pages! and definitely stay in touch! Thanks for the link too!

8. profile image0
      Janettaposted 14 years ago

Of course you belong here! No matter what your reasons for joining may be!!

Many of us are here for reasons other than earning an income. You'll see all genre's, all forms of writing here from fiction and poetry to how to's and poitical/religious opinion hubs....HP has a little bit of everything and that's what makes it so great!!

Feedback (esp. positive feedback) is an incredible boost to any writer, but keep in mind, it really doesn't matter who likes or dislikes your work. Write for you and you'll do just fine big_smile

Welcome to HubPages and let me know if you have any questions...also, keep utilizing the forums-they're a great way to introduce yourself, get noticed and ask questions!! big_smile

1. profile image0

Thanks for your encouragement, and I will start going to the forums. It takes a while to figure out all the ropes here, but it is such a great community.
        I appreciate you allowing me to connect and ask questions to you, a pro on hubpages. Hope I can grow to be a better writer and develop a following,because they like my work. Wouldn't that be something?

9. ediggity profile image59
      ediggityposted 14 years ago

That's why I pointed it out on here rather than leaving a comment on your page.  Good Luck Hubbin.

1. profile image0

Thanks for that, and I think your line for your profile is great: "just a dude waisting time on the internet", I think that's what you wrote. thanks for giving me a chuckle and stay in touch!

10. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Luanne:
      There is no such thing as a misfit here. You will find every type of writer, and every type of opinion. smile

To get the best feel for the site, hang around in the forums. Read lots of hubs. You will be surprised how much you can pick up just by being involved.

Welcome to HubPages, now go have some fun! smile

1. profile image0

Thanks, I will!

11. rebekahELLE profile image84

oops, forgot to say, your hubs read very well! love the Boston story.

also, feel free to stay in touch if I can help or come into the Need Help forum, very helpful!!

12. rebekahELLE profile image84

My brother lives in Bellingham. We went up for a wedding and stayed in Concord with the wedding party and guests and then went to my brothers. I've been able to tour the entire area so I know I have been to Plymouth. I love the entire area, just beautiful.
      I can understand how so many of our great writers have come from this area. smile

1. profile image0

I think it is funny that you are a teacher and got laid off too.
        We both love writing. I'm glad I found you on Hubpages,
        Your newest pal,
        LU

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
          rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it is rather funny, I was working at a private school and had been there the longest, you know the story... bring someone in who will make less $... it's fine, everything happens for a reason.

13. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Welcome to hubpages.

There are no misfits here - they get banned from the forums eventually. lol

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Talking of misfits, is Atomswifey still here? I am guessing that she isn't, the forums seem far too chilled out and enjoyable!

1. profile image0

You mean I missed out on the drama,
          shoot,  might have made a good story!

it won't be the last... there's always someone else who will rise up. smile

2. profile image0

Good to know,
        Thanks Mark

14. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

hi, you have found the right place to write--Hubpages! people here are nice, intelligent and everybody has something to share, Welcome!

1. profile image0

Thank you!

15. profile image0
      Denno66posted 14 years ago

Geat place to be a misfit though... lol

1. wyanjen profile image70
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

baaaaaa

It is interesting place to be, isn't it?
        smile

1. profile image0
          Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm all warm and fuzzy about it big_smile

16. Quilligrapher profile image71
      Quilligrapherposted 14 years ago

Welcome, Luanne, to Hubpages, an international, non-gated community located in a very middle class, commercially zoned subdivision in cyberspace. It is a modern, low-keyed haven populated mostly by amateur writers and professional word merchants who represent a broad spectrum of cultures, religions, and lifestyles. Misfits are welcome otherwise many of us would not be here.  I am looking forward to reading more of your hubs.
      Q.

Very nice smile

2. Bovine Currency profile image60
        Bovine Currencyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are a charmer Q.  A little fresh air smile

1. Quilligrapher profile image71
          Quilligrapherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh my gosh. roll Golly gee! Who me?
          Q.

1. profile image0

Who is this person, the one that wrote the above comment,so rude, sarcastic, why is the above comment allowed? shouldn't hub forums be for grownups, not immature fools?

and thank you Bovine for the much appreciated complement, but I'd love to find out the name of the individual who wrote under it. That person is out of line, don't you think?

Hi Luanne smile

Bovine was calling Q a charmer, and Q was merely being humble.
              Quilligrapher is an awesome hubber, he was not being rude or sarcastic. smile
              He is one of the nicest folks around.

Just a misunderstanding!

1. profile image0
            2. Quilligrapher profile image71
              Quilligrapherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi, again, Luanne.

I’m Quilligrapher.  My friends often call me Q.  I hope you will too.

I’m also the guy who posted to you above (along with some other stuff) “Misfits are welcome otherwise many of us would not be here.  I am looking forward to reading more of your hubs.”

Bovine is the udder guy above who said I was a charmer.  I’m so sorry you thought the reply I directed at him was actually aimed at you.  It wasn’t but it is quite understandable that you could think that is was. I am grateful to Wyanjen for jumping in to explain that I am not the rude, sarcastic, immature fool you thought I was.  I appreciate the nice things she said about me but they probably would not hold up in a court of law.  big_smile 

Again, welcome to Hubpages.  I am looking forward to reading some of your material.

Q.

17. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years ago

a misfit on hp?  lol   your fine!!! dont worry, its not school

18. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Hi Luanne! No misfits here. Everyone has a quirk, so you should fit in fine. Welcome to Hubpages and to hubbing.

19. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 14 years ago

Is it just me, am I the only one thinking "Island of Misfit Hubbers"?

I do like the word "quirk" instead of "misfit".
      It is all the quirkiness that makes this such a nice place to write. smile

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

seconded. misfit means ...not fiting....bad word here

20. Flightkeeper profile image67

We are all quirky, not misfitty. smile

21. RedElf profile image88
      RedElfposted 14 years ago

Welcome to Hub Pages, Luanne!

You'll get lots of good advice here, and you'll meet some really great "hubbers". There are some excellent writers here, and you can learn much about style and content from reading lots of hubs.

Check out the FAQ, take a look through the forums topics and introducing yourself. In addition, check out the weekly HubMob - look for a new topic sometime on Monday every week.

If you need help with something, don't hesitate to post your questions or to email someone. People are really friendly and helpful here.

22. PurpleOne profile image78
      PurpleOneposted 14 years ago

Hi Luanne. I sent you a message on another forum about us both being beginners and maybe creating a support group. Let me know what you think! smile

23. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages ,crap having probs with my space bar,tis playing those online games, I mean writing hubs-ahem. smile

I didnt wanna write for money to begin with ,but you might as well,cuz someoneelse will make money fromyour pages (with adverts) etc!

Most of all,buckle up an have fun! smile Occassionally one or two slip by the night nurse,but other than that you'll survive  lol hell you were a teacher ,piece a cake...wink

that last line made me laugh!! when I think of what I've been through!!!!!! yikes:

24. Bibowen profile image87
      Bibowenposted 14 years ago

Where I fit in Hubpages: being in a group that likes to write, many of whom state their ideas forcefully; some people don't understand this and are sometimes put out by it. I just saw some complaining while ago by some that the religion forums are too "aggressive." Not everyone here at HP is like that, of course, but several are and I feel right at home in it.

Where I'm a misfit: Being in with a group of writers that only write for money and structure every hub to maximize its earning potential. The only writers I have ever been around are those that wrote that had something to say and, quite frankly, seemed to be uninterested in whether or not their works made any money (I'm sure they wanted to earn money on their work, but most did not seem to be that preoccupied by it). However, I am slowly learning how these people think and am gaining some valuable insights from them. My writing needs to shift from the content end (on which I am heavy) to the productive end.

25. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Luanne16, welcome.  (I'm from Massachusetts too.)  There are a lot of people on here who do creative writing.  I'm not second-guessing your preference for creative writing, but it may be worth considering also adding a few very useful Hubs about subjects for which people search (just to add some income). 

Since you're a teacher you could write something like, "How to communicate with your child's teacher" (or something like that); and since you're from Boston, you could write something like, "Boston's Best Historical Sites".  A few Hubs like that could get you some earnings, while you'd get to do the creative writing too.  (Some people have two different accounts for different types of writing.)  Researching or reviewing products can make a Hub earn.  Again, I'm not second-guessing your preference - only suggesting that you can both write what you enjoy and earn a little money too.  Although I don't do creative writing, I do write a lot of stuff that wouldn't be considered most likely to earn.  Even with that stuff, though, after you've built up a bunch of it the earnings can add up.  (I know you said you don't really care about the money, but it can be kind of nice to earn a little extra.)  The only reason I'm mentioning it is the wish to offer sound information to someone new.  In any case, there are no misfits here.

1. Suki C profile image82
        Suki Cposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm relatively new here - and also an ex-teacher smile - and, so far, I have loved my time here. Everyone is welcoming and friendly and there seems to be very little of the nastiness that I've seen on other forums.  I think that we are all individuals and this site allows for all types of writers to get along together.

I'm also interested in the point made by Lisa above - is this really possible? (I thought that you had to resign your current account to open another one.  I'm interested because my husband has said that he would also like to write hubs but he would, naturally, like his own account, profile pic., friends etc.  I'd appreciate any advice on this so he could get started.

26. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 14 years ago

Your style certainly does fit each writer on here is so unique there is not a single person that I know of who is a misfit, there are some however that are still undiscovered. Welcome to HP we are glad you are here and I personally hope that you will enjoy it as much as so many of us do. smile

1. drej2522 profile image67
        drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I, on the other hand, would like to take it the other way...I think we are all misfits! Writers are just weird!..but cool smile

agreed.

1. AEvans profile image73
            AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We are certainly unique aren't we? smile

27. tony0724 profile image59
      tony0724posted 14 years ago

Whats so bad about being a misfit ? big_smile

Tony you are not a misfit. smile

1. tony0724 profile image59
          tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

But AE you are biased ! But you I luv ya  .

big_smile (((Big Hugs))

28. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

By now, from all of the welcomes, you should know that you fit in fine. Don't worry about what "other people" think. If you are brave enough to teach middle school, this should be no problem. Welcome in.

1. profile image0

good point, and thanks for the chuckle. Middle Schoolers are tough, and if they loved me, why wouldn't my new hubpages family?

29. Jane@CM profile image59
      Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Welcome to the Hub!

30. Flightkeeper profile image67

Don W is so right!

One of the best things you can have on here is a sense of humor!

31. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Do you write porno Hubs? I don't like those but you can write about anything you like. Welcome to Hub pages!

32. Flightkeeper profile image67

Good morning Sneak! Nice to "see" you.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You too! How you doing today?

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
          Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm doing very well. Although I already had a bizarre exchange with someone who was upset that I criticized Obama.  It's strange that if you criticize Obama, it's seen as an attack on liberals, democrats etc. when I haven't mentioned any of them.

1. profile image0
            sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They are alittle star struck and they are being way too defensive because it's not going as smooth as they had hoped. He just doesn't have the right kind of knowledge and experience to handle the toughest job in the world. I would love to pleasantly wrong but I don't think that will happen.

33. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years ago

I hope you are not maligning misfits!

It took me 56 years to learn how not to fit in anywhere and I'm kind of proud of it. smile

Welcome to Hub Pages. You'll be fine.

34. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

From one unemployed teacher to another welcome! smile And ask away if you ever need any help.

35. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Like crazdwriter said, we are all here to help ya!

36. Hope Wilbanks profile image68
      Hope Wilbanksposted 14 years ago

Hi, Luanne, and WELCOME to HubPages! smile There's no question about whether or not you "belong" here. If you enjoy writing, then by all means, go for it! You'll quickly learn the ropes. wink

37. thranax profile image69
      thranaxposted 14 years ago

If your a misfit then im a large orange dragon...

wait a second...

big_smile

~thranax~

38. resspenser profile image69
      resspenserposted 14 years ago

I have bookmarked your fire story since I got sleepy and have to get up early, blah, blah....

But just wanted to drop you a line to say you sure do have talent and hope you continue to write hubs.

39. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

so the money is not a "real" paycheck, and Im here to write to relaax and have fun, you fit in fine, there are no misfits here, only very unique people smile

40. ddsurfsca profile image71
      ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

I disagree.  I think all writers are misfits.  Thats why they are creative.  If you get stuck I would be glad to try and help, but if it's a hubpage question it might be like the blind leading the blind.  If it is a how to write something question, I studied childrens literature thro the Univ. of Conn. and there are several ways to make your work stand out, email me and we can share ideas if u like.

41. profile image0
      Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

No one's a misfit - it's like a Community. smile

Lovely to have you and I will check out your Hubs now and again.  Just be yourself and enjoy writing.

Best Wishes

42. profile image58
      Gracious Octoberposted 14 years ago

Hey there. You'll do just fine. We are all writers here so just enjoy yourself and be free. I am new myself but i love to write so even if i am not that good i'm going to keep on writing. No one is obligated here so write as you please and please continue to write! Blessings.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)