Still nothing???

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (24 posts)
  1. jperlini profile image57
    jperliniposted 14 years ago

I've been a member for 4 days now, I know, relatively short. I've yet to earn even a cent from Adsense when I've had over 100 views on my hubs. Just wondering if this is common or I'm doing something wrong...c'mon not even 1 cent???

1. sunforged profile image72
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You want those views to be coming from outside hubpages, in 4 days I bet you have has just hubtraffic, a 100 views is not very much at all.

Here this thread will help you set your expectations appropriately

read relaches poll and related hub and check out ryan hupfers interview that reveals the average hubbers income

(4-5 dollars per 1000 views)

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/27935#post555363

2. PurpleOne profile image77
      PurpleOneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been writing for about a month (joined 13 months ago though), have 7 hubs and have made 35 cents! It doesn't seem like much to me and I did put a lot of effort into some of my hubs. I can see from what people are saying on here though that there is a big learning curve... lots and lots to learn and you can't just try for a little and then give up - it has to be consistent. For me, it's a little hard to stay motivated knowing that I've put hours and hours of my time into this thing and have 35 cents to show for it.

Good luck!

1. profile image0
        lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have to think of all the little pennies as they are adding up. I joined back in June. I was involved in a couple of other sites that didn't pan out and forgot about this one until Sept. Since then I have really jumped on it and started moving my butt. I could say well I've only made this much but to me every penny that I earn is that much closer to payout and knowing that another payout is around the corner.

JP I hope you will expand your knowledge of the site and what works and doesn't work from what is here. You have a good start just need to move your butt and make it happen!

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

100 views is nothing.  I wouldn't expect to earn anything from that number.  Apart from anything else, it's quite likely those views come from other Hubbers and they don't click on ads.

You have to give your Hubs time to move up the rankings so they're high enough up in searches for external readers to find you - then you'll start getting clicks.  That can take weeks.

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

5 hubs is only 5 webpages. So unless they are highly optimized, backlinked and already indexed in google - I wouldn't expect too much so soon.

3. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

It took me 21 days.  It varies greatly.  You have to remember, you're not being paid on how many people viewed your hubs.  You're being paid on how many of those people then clicked on the ads (in the case of Adsense). It depends on what you write about too.  Some topics are more prone to attract the type of people who click on ads.

Give it time.

4. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

I had to go back and check before I posted here. It took me 10 days from the time I started posting to the time I started making money.

My account says I have been here six months but I didn't post my first hub until Sept 7 and like I said it took me 10 days to start seeing some income from my adsense. The biggest thing I have learned here is patience. It takes time to build and you have to do a lot to get that stream of income.

Keep writing hubs and don't focus so much on the numbers. Make great quality hubs that are keyword reach for SEO. Read, read, read. The two ladies above me are great and have great hubs to model yourself after. Darkside has great hubs on how to write for earning potential as does Yoshi and several others.

If you are looking to expand into the other affiliate areas, that will take time too. Don't expect too much too soon or you will be disappointed and give up. Keep writing and learning. I just had my first Amazon sales today. Again, I started writing here Sept. 7. It can be done and the money will start coming in, but you have to keep writing and learning.

5. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I've been here 6 months and I've been really lucky... I've had 2 Clicks on my Scientology Ads for a total of 2 'Hail Marys' and 1 'Damn You're Hot in Red!'

It's not called an Add Cents Act for nothing lol

You have joined one of the lowest paying apprenticeships in the world... But Once you become a Tradesman... You will not only be highly viewed if your content is of high quality; But also, you will have collected a lot pearly gate credits for being so patient lol And quite a few dollars also.

Good Luck & welcome to HP... May your first cents be good sense!

6. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

You need two things to make money:

1) Writing about the right topics.
    2) Getting the right traffic.

7. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

I don't even look now.  Just enjoying the learning and the hubbing experience.  It is amazing how much you have to learn!  Good luck, my friend x

8. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

oh my! you're going to need much much much more patience then that!! It isn't instantaneous!! big_smile

9. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

haha, so funny. Every second day there is a topic like this.

10. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

It was six months after I came back to Hubpages when I started to make some cash.  I am currently getting around 1200 visits per day, that equates to $50 - $100 Amazon profit, and £70 - £100 adsense profit a month, I am also getting a little from Kontera and eBay, but it's barely £15 between them.

I am hoping to keep my profit rising to the point where I no longer need to worry about money big_smile

11. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Earning from hubpages is more of a marathon then a sprint smile

12. Casper021 profile image60
    Casper021posted 14 years ago

It takes time and effort just be patient and don’t give up and you will get there

13. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I was here for weeks and weeks and weeks - and nothing. But then I didn't know there was anything to be had.

I finally began to spend my time reading (and reading and reading and ... etc), took notes, bookmarked useful hubs I'd read and then gave the whole earning on HubPages a shot.

That was in August. In September, I reached payout. But - I worked very hard.

I didn't mooch about the forums asking endless questions (not that there's anything wrong with that, I just like to get my head down and look for info myself) I just put into practice the very valid information that is simply strewn around the site.

And so - the short answer is - be patient, work hard and you will reap what you sow smile

14. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Took me two weeks to get my 1st 11 cent click. Now I get a lot more clicks smile
    http://www.jonco48.com/blog/patience_small.jpg

~thranax~

15. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Hi, Jperlini, and welcome. As others have said, be patient. Read hubs written by the masters - relache, sunforged, mark knowles, and others. Try to learn something new every day about HP and keep writing. The adclick revenue will follow.

16. jperlini profile image57

Thank you all for the replies, they have been very helpful!!!

17. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Like Lynne, I joined in June but didn't get serious until the end of August or the beginning of September. I reached my first payout in October, and it looks like I'll reach it again this month! Just keep writing.

18. visitmaniac profile image61
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

Common, Concentrate more on writing content then worrying about adsense.
    At first when I started here I looked at my earnings every 5 min lol its a bad habit don't start smile But since then I earned my first paycheck from them within 3 weeks. However It was not all done with hub pages but it did play a roll.

19. jperlini profile image57

Again, appreciate every1's comments...and to top it off I've made 1.85!!! Haha never been so happy to make 1.85 in my life smile

20. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

you earn money here?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)