A new Code of Conduct for the HubPages Forums?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 60 discussions (235 posts)
  1. Cyber Lawyer profile image59
    Cyber Lawyerposted 14 years ago

I'm thinking about putting together such a draft code of conduct. The basic idea is to make the forum rules more transparent and specific, which should make it easy for everyone to see what is allowed and what is prohibited.

It would be voluntary for people to sign up to it, of course - at least to begin with. If it gained traction, it might end up becoming official policy, who knows....

Does this idea have any merit? If it does, what would you like to see in it? If not, then why not?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you actually read the forum rules that exist now?

Cyber Lawyerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have. I am not voicing any opinion for or against them, merely asking what people think.

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes it has merit. A total ban and spanking for all atheists and liberals, where do I sign?big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

SLAP! (walk away) lol

1. profile image0
          sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ow! Hey who hit me?big_smile

3. Cagsil profile image70

I think HubPages already has it covered. smile

I have been wondering whether the recent Clarification to the rules that management announced should become integrated into the official rules of conduct somehow. I could not find any such direct reference.

Did you ever think that there might not be a need for a direct reference? roll

Not everybody is aware of the Clarification, maybe. It should only be necessary to look one in place to see what the rules are.

It's only necessary for those who like to be nic-picking every little or small detail.

Either way, enjoy. smile

4. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think this idea has any merit.  The forum rules are specific and by signing up with the site, people must abide by them. 

I think the only problems with the forum rules are that people don't bother to read them and then gripe a lot when they don't follow them and there are repercussions.

Making new rules that people can voluntarily agree too is inane.

1. camlo profile image85
        camloposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I absolutely agree!

2. Cyber Lawyer profile image59

Well, such a code could consist in - for example - that people declare that they will always respect the official rules, which they have read and understood. Is that insane?

1. camlo profile image85

Relache said 'inane'

2. wyanjen profile image71
          wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

inane:
          –adjective
          1.    lacking sense, significance, or ideas; silly: inane questions.

Sorry, and thanks for clarifying this.

Well, such a code could consist in - for example - that people declare that they will always respect the official rules, which they have read and understood. Is that inane?

1. camlo profile image85

Yes

2. profile image0
              Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When people go out of their way to try to control others by writing to administration they are looking for some type of reward. Please tell us why you wish to do this.

I do not agree with your characterization. If the Clarification was to become explicitly an integral part of the official forum rules, then I guess that would make it much easier for everyone to understand what the rules are. I cannot see why that should make anybody less free, only more informed.

1. profile image0

Read what you wrote and look at your title above. Here's what you said.
                  "I'm thinking about putting together such a draft code of conduct. The basic idea is to make the forum rules more transparent and specific, which should make it easy for everyone to see what is allowed and what is prohibited."

From this and your title you want to create a NEW code of conduct to suit you.
                  Again, please explain to us..we deserve to know what your reason really is.

I have already stated my reasons, repeatedly. I have no other reason.

3. relache profile image72
              relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As I said before, by signing up for the site, they already have agreed to follow the rules that exist.

How is rewriting or recreating rules going to people to read them and agree to them when they don't already do that now?

That's why I think your idea is inane.  It's not addressing the actual problem.

I have been looking in vain to see whether the Clarification that management posted in a forum thread is formally linked with the official forum rules. If the Clarification is important, which supposedly it is, then at least the official rules should provide a link to it. Or even better incorporate it somehow. Otherwise, many people may not even know about its existence. That was primarily what I had in mind.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image90
          Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Inane? -- maybe not if it makes people think.
          However, I think it might be best if people were clear  in their own minds about their own personal'code of conduct' and just decide which topics and threads they will avoid.

The rules are pretty clear.. but a lot of people may want to remind themselves that whatever they say in the forums tends to live on. . . and on.

If you wouldn't shout it on a mountaintop with all of the people you know and love, and all of your children, grandchildren and etc. listening in... bite your tongue, or fingers.

1. wyanjen profile image71

In other words,
            common sense smile

my favorite kind.

5. yoshi97 profile image56
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If it gets me a daily piping hot plate of nachos, I'm in for sure ... otherwise I'd have to see the product before any willingness to scribe my paws to it. smile

6. Haunty profile image73
      Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's always room for making things better. If you fell like it, do it.

Thanks, that is encouraging to hear.

7. camlo profile image85

Are you thinking of putting together a draft of rules that already exist?
      I really don't see any point to that.
      Or are you thinking of putting together a draft of the existing rules in language that people actually understand?
      If that's it, I'm speechless, to say the very least.
      And as for 'It would be voluntary for people to sign up to it, of course - at least to begin with. If it gained traction, it might end up becoming official policy, who knows....', I really don't understand the mentality here.
      Or maybe I'm just confused ... as most others appear to be with regard to this.

In my opinion, the Clarification management issued in a forum post should be embedded into the official forum rules. That would make it official policy for all to see. You cannot expect people to search the forum logs to find the Clarification on their own. If a sufficient number of people were to agree with me on this, it would be gaining traction, and if management agreed, then the policy would be clearer and a lot better than it is today.

Personally, I find it more confusing if the important rules are spread among different places.

1. camlo profile image85

As I now understand, you feel the rules should be listed in one place, where everyone can see them. Okay.
          But what is this 'draft' about.
          Unless you're planning on making new rules, you don't need to 'draft' anything.

Well, I think it does no harm to write it down, just in case management gets busy with other things before they decide to list the rules in one place. Also, I would imagine that management's enthusiasm might depend upon how many people supported such a draft. So I would think it prudent to write it down.

1. camlo profile image85

Okay. But that's not 'drafting' a 'A new Code of Conduct for the HubPages Forums' as we were led to understand.

Management, in making their announcement of the Clarification, said that now It was part of their policy. But in my opinion, it does not carry the same weight as the official forum rules, which are the ones that anybody can see. Therefore, if the Clarification becomes embedded into - or linked from - the official forum rules, then that is a new code of conduct technically speaking. Also, I would be surprised if management in that connection would not have to look closer at the clarification, and maybe modify it. So it would be a bit different than today.

8. lmmartin profile image68
      lmmartinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think this an excellent idea. In fact, all the rules, official and unofficial for all aspects of hubpages should be posted in one spot where everyone can access them.

I for one would be happy to support any such endeavour.

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you try this http://hubpages.com/faq/ ? And sorry unofficial rules can't be posted, because once posted they will become official. smile

1. lmmartin profile image68
          lmmartinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Response to Misha

Apparently, there are unofficial rules and yes I read the hubpages faqs, but find things do crop up that aren't listed there. Thanks for your response Misha. Haven't heard from you in quite a while. Where you been hiding your cheery face?

1. profile image0

That may be true. However the title says NEW code of conduct, not clarification of the existing one. Some people like to get back at others once their feelings are hurt or they disagree with someone's views.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
          Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And look at how many postings there are by people who never bother to read the FAQ and those who ignore the grey box on the left when they post.

3. darkside profile image63
          darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And then there's the unofficial FAQ.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
            Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My favorite smile

9. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deborah, the OP's intentions are not to change the rules, rather he intends to make the existing ones easier to understand. Now - that's his intention. No one said that he was rewriting the rule book and let's not forget that HP can accept or decline his offer.

I'd imagine he is going to create something that leaves no room for confusion, as often happens when it comes to rules, laws and legalese.

Don't forget how you were dealt with by some hubbers, when you kindly offered free readings a few weeks ago. At the time, I felt you were unduly mauled by a few individuals.

Instead of us all paying lip service to the right to opinion and free speech, let's deliver instead - and withdraw judgement smile

1. Misha profile image62

Pretty Froggy, do me favor and take a look at OP hubs, ok? smile

1. frogdropping profile image77

I have read some Misha. I'm not saying his idea is wonderful, I'm saying 'let him/her get on with it'. Rewriting or adjusting (or whatever) the codes of conduct (anywhere) is not my cup of tea. I'm assuming it's something the OP enjoys doing. Besides which - that still doesn't mean anything will change smile

1. Misha profile image62

As much as I adore you, I have to disagree with you. smile When someone attempts to control my life (or a part of it) I prefer to trim the attempt right where it starts, before it develops into something more serious. So no, I won't let them get on with it. smile

2. profile image0

Froggy yes I was treated harshly but not once did I try to change things. If you look at the title "NEW CODE OF CONDUCT" it tells exactly what he had/has in mind. I always try to read between the lines. I do agree there are people who take their insults a little too far. Then there are some who are offended by everything.
        Judgment? I have not judged anyone. I can only go by his title.

Perhaps it should have read 'revised' then. Anyway - the decision to revamp, alter, adjust, renew etc etc will always remain the decision of HP, so I'm not going to lose sleep over it smile

1. profile image0

I'm not losing sleep. He asked us for thoughts. I think he should be a hubber.
            Even his name shows, he has come in here because of reading the forums and wanted to change things from the start.

10. utu profile image59
      utuposted 14 years agoin reply to this

URggg!  Not more Rules we are over legislated already.
      Everyone understands them, a few, choose to break them end of story.
      Shall we maybe put them in the "Naughty Corner"
      There is NO NEED FOR MORE TRANSPARENCY!
      As for sleep loss, hey I'm snoring off right now.

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Did you clear this with staff?

No, Misha, I have not discussed it with anyone. It would only be a draft, hopefully staff would participate in this discussion and maybe take over at some point.

2. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We don't have any objection, but we aren't making any commitment to using what is produced either.

I am glad to hear this. I think whatever comes up, if anything, should be judged on its merits. If it can help, fine. If not, well then there is no point in going further.

1. SweetiePie profile image82
          SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I appreciate your thought behind this.  I do not find the forums very enthralling at this point, but your ideas are good.

1. twuxedo profile image58
            twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, I would second this, The Forums are becoming increasingly dull.
            Possibly Rules would add to this. When I first came on, I had a Chuckle or three, but apart from keeping up to date with the health (now improved of a Star Hubber) I haven't really found much. There does seem to be a Lobby Group that just wants more and more Rules.
            Perhaps they could have a separate Forum, where they could basically spend their obviously abundant free time, making up rules, which they could then, perhaps Voluntarily sign up to. Then spend every moment ensuring everyone adheres to them. All I can say is glad they aren't in my Circle of Friends.

1. tantrum profile image59
              tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agree!
              lol

2. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the current details of rules are crystal clear to me already.

1. camlo profile image85

Me too

2. twuxedo profile image58

precisely!

3. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

So YOU want us restricted?
    I'm against it. When people have to act like soldiers you lose them.
    This is why they have the flag. THEY review and DECIDE, not the members.

Sounds that way!

4. profile image0

Members are important to the ranking of your hubs...

5. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

hmmm..interesting..

I do believe the code of conduct should be very boldly stated in one place for everyone but I do not believe ANYONE should be allowed to change the conduct code except for the administrators. Let them take care of the codes of conduct, it is their job and they seem to do a very good job of keeping the codes of conduct inline and fair for all users. Infact I think our moderators and administrators are some of the best on the web!

You are making some very good points.

2. mega1 profile image81
      mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hear! hear!  B.C. - right on!  why meddle with the existing rules? What is it YOU think needs changing, CyberLawyer?

Please see my reply to Relache above.

6. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

If I'm understanding this:

You are saying that a clarification of the official rules should become part of the official rules?
    And then we should all declare to follow the official rules?

Redundant and inane.

1. Misha profile image62

I won't argue about inane as this is a new word for me, but redundant definitely. Redundancy has its place in technology, but in human relations it usually causes unnecessary tension. smile

Yes, I'll agree that it does.
        I'm feeling unnecessarily tense about this. smile

Actually I am a bit tearful, Yes Tearful and FEARFUL!

2. Neil Sperling profile image59
        Neil Sperlingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL - Rules and lawyers go hand in hand. Soon as a rule is made and easy to understand there needs to be a book written about it!

Take my comment lightly - it is intended to bring a smile!

2. twuxedo profile image58

smile

7. Arthur Fontes profile image76
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

I think there should be rules about discussing changing rules?

1. camlo profile image85

smile

8. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

I think everyone should know the fact that there exists a circle of hubbers who act against every knew idea that pops up in peoples' heads or put down every hubber who asks an honest question, just because it is in their power.

Some act as the big hubpages veterans, the know-it-alls, who take pride in their imagined respectfulness, something that is sustained by another circle of hubbers with a slave mentality.

Some are simple clowns who take great pleasure in mocking and teasing others just because they themselves don't have faith in themselves that they could actually accomplish something worthwhile if they 'manned up'.

For others, it's their default mental state to be againg, question, or criticize everything.

So a list of these people should be composed and made public as a warning to those who are either knew or simply didn't have the time or inclination to really get to know these people: 'Warning hubbers! Please, know that whatever you say I will use against you and twist it and turn it to make a mockery of you!'

So don't get discouraged. The only thing that counts in this case is what the hub-team answered. If you are a professional then you shouldn't care about what people who have no experience in legal issues say.

1. Misha profile image62

Who would that be? lol

1. Haunty profile image73

lol, Misha, Don't ask. It was really annoying that one of the first comments to this thread was a question if he discussed this with the hub-team. Of course not. It's only a forum thread that asks a harmless question. And you know that. wink

1. Misha profile image62

Believe it or not my question was absolutely honest. And there is no coincidence that Paul chimed in with clarification - this does not happen every day. I can't help it if you don't understand why - but somehow I think you do. smile

You know, I believe it. All I wanted to say was that not everything is perfect around here, so if someone wants to make it better, we could leave it up to him to try. Paul is a smart guy, he does what he does with a purpose. And that's an indication that what I'm saying is true. At least that"s how I see it.

1. Misha profile image62

LOL Pacal, seriously, do you think any veteran would let some dark horse control freak to dictate the "Code Of Conduct"? Gimme a break. Some noobs will pick the bait, but veterans will ensure this will not be a big number. smile

Sure. But that says you don't have much faith in people. People are people. They have their interests, they have their things. If someone wanted to do a new code of conduct, why not let him. They can cause no harm, because the decision is with hubpages.

I don't want to disappoint you, but my real name is not Pacal.

1. Misha profile image62

I know it is not, you did not disappoint me. Somehow I like it better than Haunty though, but I can stop using it if you prefer.

And I do have faith in people, that's one of the reasons I asked my first question. If I knew this was authorized by HP, I would take it differently. Otherwise I am just having fun, and invite you to do the same smile

Oh, I'm having fun, Misha. This makes time I want to go by go by. It's 05:08 here and I'm waiting for the morning to come.

2. Cagsil profile image70

No, they shouldn't and there isn't any SANE reason to point out other hubbers, simply because of their actions. The forums are a public domain, based on HubPages. These people have just as much right to their own opinions as everyone else does.

There is NO slave mentality. Not unless you feel like you're being treated like a slave for some odd reason.

Yes, there are some people who mock others. Then again, there is also a bunch of hubbers, who will jump into a thread, just to simply HI-JACK the thread and take it off topic. What do you suppose is done with them?

Sorry, if you feel like you're being criticized. There are lots of people who are criticized, but simply go about their business.

No, there shouldn't be a list. Unless YOU want to be at the top of the list yourself. Therefore, we know who to start with first? hmm

Legal issues? There are no legal issues or even laws being broken, by one person voicing their opinion over the other. There is already enough restrictions and clarity about the rules.

Cagsil, you have a strong opinion of everything. I doesn1t count because it won't alter the truth, will it. smile

9. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

The rules are every where you look.Just start a new hub and read the rules.
    Just sign up for hubpages and read the rules!!
    They are well recited and adhered to by most.

10. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Cag's, laugh buddy big_smile

11. profile image0

He wants to make a draft that consists of a NEW code of conduct. Just as the title clearly says.

12. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years ago

I think we need more rules like we need more holes in our head...lol

1. camlo profile image85

Well, the more rules there are, the more will be broken ...

13. profile image0

kill the thread. irrelevant topic.

1. camlo profile image85

You're right there ... Inane.

I'm going to bed.

2. Misha profile image62

Hijacking is a better option smile

See what I mean. roll j/k Misha lol lol

1. Misha profile image62

LOl No, I must be slow today smile

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/hijacked.gif

lol

Well, there is that. I just didn't want to mention it. big_smile smile

14. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

ABSURD

1. profile image0

big_smile Bang on

Hi Tantrum u ok?

Hi there !! How are you doing ?? big_smile

15. profile image0

lol lol lol

16. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Rules, we dont need no stinking rules.

1. profile image0

hubbers require no rules or restrictions.  We are famous for gods sake.

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its probably a good idea to restrict me every once in a while.

1. profile image0

in restraints i say.

17. profile image0

Hijacking commencing. All systems a go.

18. profile image0

tic tac anyone?

19. profile image0

LMAO

20. wyanjen profile image71

How are you holding up Kimberly?
    smile

1. profile image0

Thanks love, I'm just trying to keep my mind occupied, what better way than hijacking a confusing thread.
      Appreciate you asking
      xo

Keep smiling kiddo. smile

1. profile image0

I will my friend big_smile

21. blue dog profile image60
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

as you can see, cyber, the implosion is well under way.

22. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63

http://hubpages.com/help/forum_rules

This link is highlighted in blue right next to the box I am currently typing in, it is labeled "Forum Rules" why exactly does this need to be changed? I am perfectly happy with this little blue link telling me what I should or should not do in the forum. I don't need a 10,000 page bill from congress about what I can or can't do here.

Just in case, you have noticed, this thread has been HI-JACKED.....that means, no longer on topic. lol lol

2. camlo profile image85

Then it's all there after all.

Then what's this all about, anyway? What have we been discussing?

I'm definitely going to bed now.

1. profile image0

sleep well
        dream in color

1. camlo profile image85

Thanks Kimberly. Nice to see you again!

And thank you, too, Cagsil (if you meant me ...)

Frankly, I'm still not sure myself.
        I'm getting hung up on the "voluntary" aspect in the OP...

lol lol

(sorry about the confusing crap last night) sad

No problem, you have the need to talk, find me. smile

that happens from time to time, it's no fun. kinda scary, and a giant pain in the ass. Feel free to reach through the monitor and smack me if it happens again.
                'nuff said smile smile smile

23. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

He can't help himself, he's a lawyer. We can overlook that.

1. profile image0

hmm:

lol

24. profile image0

Hi Jacking is an illegal offense, this is worth jail time for me.

25. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Good night. Sleep well and be safe. smile

26. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63

Hijacked? oh my isn't that against the rule in chapter 44 article 132 section.... oh hell never mind.

Hey lyrics I'll have that tic tac now

1. profile image0

coming right up
      here you go
      big_smile

27. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63

ewww tic tac and coffee bad combination, next time I ask for one make sure I am not drinking coffee   :3)~

1. profile image0

lol lol lol lol

tic tac is for AFTER you drink the coffee smile

28. profile image0

I'm in for a glass of rum and a banana, that's it.

29. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63

since we are on the topic of being off topic, I am looking for an idea for my 30th hub, any suggestions?

1. profile image0

Herpes?

1. profile image0

bad mental vision now Tex, no more, can't take it lol

1. profile image0

Better than what I was gonna say.

2. profile image0

why gorillas eat their own vomit by regurgitating constantly.  Good Hub

1. profile image0

And thats a better vision?

roll hmm

3. profile image0

option2 - why lesbians wear white with red accessories.

1. profile image0

My kind of topic! We are talking lipstick lesbians right?

1. profile image0

the really glossy kind that's flavored

1. profile image0

Write it and of course add pictures!

1. profile image0

with the video mate

1. profile image0

Even better

1. profile image0

I got more but I'll get banned and then I'll be bored.

2. profile image0

Hell with it just put up pictures!!

4. wyanjen profile image71

I thought that was cows that did that.
        moooo

3. Misha profile image62

Artistic peeing on the snow? With photos of your achievements? smile

1. profile image0

good one - big score, well done big_smile

Is this going to turn into a conversation about how long your name is? lol
        Do you write your name in script, when you are writing in the snow?

3. Cagsil profile image70

That's nasty. lol

1. profile image0

But cool.

2. Misha profile image62

Why? I did not say the pictures of the drawing tool. tongue

4. Arthur Fontes profile image76
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The official unofficial voluntarily accepted rules of conduct and behaviour that may or may not be accepted by a various assortment of random hubbers.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90

Is it acceptable to call hubbers "random"?

1. Arthur Fontes profile image76
          Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll find out I guess/ smile

2. profile image0

why threads get hijacked and the reasons

30. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63

lol, i prefer to take the same stance on writing that i do in life when it comes to STD's   AVOID THEM AT ALL COST

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90

You can get STDs from writing?  Uh oh, now I'm going outside of my personal code.

lol lol

31. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63

how about lesbian gorillas vomiting on each other because they got herpes ?

32. profile image0

Where is Ron Montgomery and his porn?

1. profile image0

resting.

1. profile image0

I guess it takes a lot out of a feller.

1. profile image0

poor soul.

33. profile image0

Are we off topic?

34. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63

did this thread even have a topic?  lol

1. profile image0

lol

lol lol lol lol lol

2. Haunty profile image73

Yes it did, before you disrespectfully hi-jacked it.

35. profile image0

The topic is qualifications  and talent potential to be in porn.

1. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63
      Has_aWayWithWordsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can't explain my qualifications or potential, I can however show you

lol lol

1. profile image0

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1. profile image0

ah, come on, play fair

2. profile image0

LMAO

36. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63

anyone care to elaborate on why big black rooster weather is in the top 10 google searches for the last 30 days?

LOL

37. Cagsil profile image70

Okay, maybe we should give back the thread. Damage done.

Everyone DELETE their posts......lol lol lol lol lol

38. Has_aWayWithWords profile image63

sorry it is top 10 rising searches

39. profile image0

Everyone repeat their posts lol lol lol lol

40. Cagsil profile image70

IF everyone deletes their posts.....then there will be no responses and it will instantly fade to the bottom of the pile, just like some of the other useless threads already gone. smile

You mean like this one: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/32525 ?
      You never made a response. Should I be surprised?

No I'm not.

And, you're point is what exactly? That I decided not to participate in a forum thread. Cool. I'm impressed you found one. lol lol lol

You can be, Cagsil. With 14583 posts in 4 months (130 posts every day - on average), I am impressed you didn't find a post with a worthy cause. Or did you have no guts to hi-jack it? Come on, say something but don't forget to type many many lols

roll

Sorry, I went too far. I know it's all about having fun.

I wasn't offended, if that's what you think.

My biggest problem is that I don't trust 95% of the organizations who claim to help people with the money they receive and yet, do very little. Hence, why I started Cagsil and it's basis for helping others. smile

I don't really know about Cagsil, but I'm with you. Unfortunately, I find it hard to trust others too. I usually do and get burned.

There was a survey done in 2000(I'm pretty sure it was in 2000), but the TOP 200 U.S. Based non-profit and charitable organizations.......NONE of which fell within the guidelines of the federal requirement of 5% minimum requirement of total revenue generated, was spent on what was claim.

The highest I do believe, if I remember correctly, was 1%.

Yeah, I have a reason not to trust them....and some people wonder why enough isn't being done to help those here, but want help outside the country? Go figure, huh. hmm

41. profile image0

I'm outa here, too many rules!

1. profile image0

Texan, your a real bad boy,but baby your a real good man.

1. profile image0

Some girls like boys like me and some girls don't!

42. profile image0

brb

43. Cagsil profile image70

Me too.....this thread is too restrictive. lol lol lol

44. profile image0

later.

45. wyanjen profile image71

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/hijacked.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/hijacked.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-forum/hijacked.gif

hey.
    you guys hijacked the thread from the first hijack.

It is a nice conversation smile makes me smile

Haunty, I knew you a little as PV and I always thought you are a sweet person.

On that note, I'm leaving the thread.

smile see you guys tomorrow.

Good night Jen, sleep well and be safe. smile

Thank you, Jen. See ya. smile
      I'm going to hit the sack too.

Good night Haunty. Sleep well and be safe. smile

46. profile image0

Moving on. cheers everyone.

47. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

This sounds a bit like European burocracy, in Europe the European Parliment spends much of its time and energy inventing rules for rules, now you can not buy a funny looking carrot anymore, it must be 10 cm long and straight, no more fun with silly carrots, I am sick of people trying to control cyber space, smells like something from the second world war, people need to start growing up....this is a place for big people with open minds not parochial control freaks........while one understands the need for moderation....control freaks are pushing people off the net and this is not good....well unless your happy reading your own dribble.........

48. profile image0

hijacking once again.

tic tac anyone?

49. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Will such a document (in its unhyjacked form) include a help guide? hmm

You know: What to do when you have been Banned under Duress smile

Or: How to Take a Troll out of play, In 3 Steps without suffering pergotory? hmm

Or: How to Protect your point of view, when attacked by a Moose in the Forums? hmm

I don't believe any of these issues are dealt with within the existing rules. hmm

1. profile image0

big_smile

I think it may be better if this knowledge came from the field of experience rather than from hp. I'd be glad to read some of the hubbers on this. smile

50. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

PD I think you need to borrow my invisibility cloak smile

Rules are always open to personal interpretation or in some cases, abject ignorance.

For my part, I think there's always room for improvement, however small that may be. Of course the same fact remains - even if HP admin rewrote the entire rule book, there'd still be complaints, loopholes exploited etc etc.

It's in our nature to fight among ourselves, rules are kind of superfluous really smile

Frogs don't seem to fight or get in trouble too much. So just watch the frog. smile

You're right Haunty, I don't. It's a waste of good energy, more so when I believe there is no resolution. And when I do, it's only when I can physically see who it is I need to tackle.

Besides which, I'd much rather spend my days smiling, happy - and eating really interesting pastries smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)