60DC Team Complete - Questions and ideas?

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 148 discussions (376 posts)
  1. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Sunforged, would it help if I were to write a hub about my blog and my web page that are both running the RSS feed. and out of curiosity even though I am not participating in the challenge will running the feed benifit me?
    I am not being greedy I just wondered.
    Whether it does or not I still want to help.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

Speaking of RSS - I have now submitted our joint feed to a lot of RSS directories - you can see the full list here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Making-money-on … e-rss-feed

Now maybe I will get around to writing something. big_smile

And I think I added a bad link to the RSS feed last time. These are the correct ones. My bad - sorry if that added to the confusion... sad

http://hubpages.com/tag/60dc/hot?rss

http://hubpages.com/tag/60dc/best?rss

1. barryrutherford profile image76
      barryrutherfordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks Mark,
      Yes there was a typo in the first one so hense the confusion from me !

3. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Any further questions? Anything not so clear?

nope ! smile

4. englightenedsoul profile image57
    englightenedsoulposted 14 years ago

60 Day Hub Challenge already a success!!
    If it wasn't for sunforged advice of writing in groups I would have never written these hubs and they would have never get featured.

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx35/englightenedsoul/howtouseredgage-featured.jpg

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx35/englightenedsoul/xombafeatured.png

I would link to thank Rose(rmcrayne) for this snap.

My Traffic Stats:  Before the start of this challenge I took a snap of the traffic stats and I was at 125 visitors and now on 7th day I am on 350 visitors. 

Traffic on Day 1 of challenge

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx35/englightenedsoul/beforethe60daychallenge.jpg

Traffic on Day 7

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx35/englightenedsoul/day7hub60daychallenge.jpg

Also my adsense earning are now ticking on a regular basis.  I express my gratitude to sunforged for coming up with this brilliant idea and all the other hubbers and participants for promoting our work and taking part.  I really don't have the words to thank you all.  Best of luck and I am sure of everyone achieving their goals.

1. profile image0
      JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's great. Congratulations. Now I'll probably go read your hubs and learn a few more places to backlink.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

great job enlightened!

5. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

Enlightened. . all I can say  . .IS YOU GO GIRL!!!

6. englightenedsoul profile image57

Thanks Jean.  I really appreciate it.

@wavegirl

Just read your hub.  excellent is all I can say.  Thanks for the compliments.

7. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Hope everyone is doing well.  Just published two more hubs today, feeling good about the challenge so far.  I appreciate all the effort on many people's parts...  Mark and Richard, I've yet to say thanks to you both!  Gosh, if only I had more time to actually read other team members hubs...  Ugh, I've been feeling badly about that.

8. englightenedsoul profile image57

Thank you PDH!!

9. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 14 years ago

My visitation stats are very encouraging. They have doubled in a few days & tripled in the last two weeks..

1. englightenedsoul profile image57
      englightenedsoulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Rutherford.  I am sure the every partcipants traffic would increase multiple times by the end of this challenge!!

indeed let us hope so enlightenedsoul

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I haven't seen any improvement in my stats yet - in fact, they've gone down.  However, I wouldn't expect to see much outside traffic yet.  I'm sure it'll be a different story in a few weeks!

1. profile image0

Mine went up and then came back down. Today.... well it was awful.

I'm sure as we get more backlinks things will look up. I have seen some backlinks I didn't put there. One was Mark's blog, I think. 

I put out RSS on a couple of blogs and twitter.

We will see.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

Well, you have to remember that all most of us has done so far, is write Hubs as usual - the only difference is the added RSS feed.

A bit of promotion has happened - like Mark's blog (and mine, if I can get the dratted thing working properly!), but we haven't really got started on that yet.

So personally, I wasn't really expecting anything unusual.  I've probably had a quicker reaction from fellow Hubbers looking at the hubs, that's about it.

10. Boomer60 profile image60
    Boomer60posted 14 years ago

I just completed my fourth hub for the challenge. Spring break is putting me behind on this this week. I should have eight hubs done by now so I am still 4 behind. Hope I can get 30 hubs done by the 30 days.

This is really quite fun. I have added my feeds to some feed sites. Hope that helps! Not sure that is what I should be doing.

11. sunforged profile image71

This early boost is just hub traffic, lots of featured hubs and inter group commenting, we really wont be seeing the long term results anytime soon. I noticed from my ebay sales over the years that these early spring/summer weekends are a little less busy - Im assuming people are coming out of winter comas and getting outside

Im typing this from an airport lounge - not sure that I will access the web much this weekend, Im leaving overcast central new york for sunny california ( Ill be on google time!).

12. sunforged profile image71

I have the feed on 3 barely used sites, one PR 3 front page and automated on twitter.

our feed is also on ohmas blog, a couple of mark sites, livewithrichards article site, bestofhubs.com and has been put into a few rss aggregators

-but it has only been a week!

13. englightenedsoul profile image57

I have also put up the feed on one of my blogger blogs which i made specially for this challenge so that I can effectively track my progress and also It would be easy for me to promote.  Also started a blog on orble for all us participants, where I am planning to list every partcipants their hublogs and all their hubs(ofcourse only after feedback from sunforged).  I will make 5 posts soon so that I can I can apply for the domain.  As I read that domain blogs are more authoritative. 

Also I wanted a some advice from you experienced hubbers. Is the name 60-Day-Challenge-Make Money-Online good at SEO point.

And yes Sun, traffic has been a bit low today but adsense still ticking so good overall.

14. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Good work, folks - thanks to everybody for helping to promote.

I have a lot of the work, at the moment, so I am concentrating on squeezing out Hubs, at the moment. I hope to spend a little more time laying down the foundations for promotion after that. Time is limited, so I apologise for not spending as much time as I should visiting challenge Hubs.

This is proving to be great fun - the momentum is growing smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63

Go Sufi,
      and to everyone!
      I joined twitter,  facebook this week, and write plus joined   different organizations who have websites like Filipino American community as there are thosands members of them who are into different websites and I am joining so as to put the rss feeds of the challenge into their websites if youre a member,
      I also email some groups by 50 batches, our challenge the log so that they can read it,

plus I am reading all about SEO, from time to time I also write hubs,
      Little by little I am doing these things!

dont forget to add me prettydarkhorse then i can promote your hubs... smile

everybody is included in the hublog promotion

I am following edweirdo and ms babyboomer!

mine at twitter is prettydarkhorse

15. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

When is this challenge starting? If it has not started yet i would like to participate too.

1. Susana S profile image94
      Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Anamika - I'm pretty sure the challenge is closed to new people. Sorry sad

16. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

sunforged, congrats on being a featured hubber with your two hubs on the front page!! you're not just helping those in the challenge but anyone who is reading these hubs. great work!! big_smile

17. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

Is everyone using one of the feeds on their actual hubs for the challenge (not the logs)? If you are, which one are you using? I noticed sunforged has put the challenge log feed on his  hubs, so I've followed suit. I was just wondering what other peeps are doing?

1. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The confusion problems comes from the fact I have the 60dc-logs on 2 feeds - my personal hublog AND the the team hub that showcases all the hublogs.

I did check the RSS on one of your content hubs, (rather than 60dc info hubs) and all the links were 60dc logs. I guess the feed was showing only logs because they are the "hottest" at the moment, which is why I thought you'd added the 60dc-logs feed.

I'll go back and change my feeds to 60DC, now that I'm clear.

Thanks smile

18. englightenedsoul profile image57

I am using the following feed...Correct me If I am doing wrong

http://hubpages.com/tag/60dc-logs/hot/?rss

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is the one you want:

http://hubpages.com/tag/60dc/hot/?rss

The other one is for just on your log hub. big_smile

Now I'm really confused lol....well it don't take much tongue

1. Edweirdo profile image84
          Edweirdoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The feed Mark listed goes on the hubs you create for the challenge in order to provide links to the other challengers' hubs.

Th "60dc-logs" feed is only for the hublog you create - it provides links to other challengers' logs.

Hope that helps big_smile

2. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have now adjusted all the hubs, except for the hub log, with the RSS feed that Mr Knowles has given us.  Is this the correct course of action? smile

1. skyfire profile image79
          skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes

19. englightenedsoul profile image57

Thank you mark for pointing it out.  I will correct my feeds right away!!

20. Boomer60 profile image60

Got all the feeds set up (I Think)! Plus I added a feed to my new Twitter account and Facebook account. Also been posting on everyone's hub. Added a beginning graph to  my hub-log, even though I started last Sunday.

If you like please add me to your twiiter followers

Look me up on twitter :  barryrutherford

Done! BTW, I am "TheRealEdweirdo" on twitter cool

1. Boomer60 profile image60
          Boomer60posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just added Edweirdo and Barry to my Twitter account.

My Twitter user name is: babyboomer59

I welcome all who want to follow me.

2. profile image0

There is only one Edweirdo! hehehe

p.s. anyone want to follow me shazwellyn (of...err...course!) I will return with a follow smile

21. Edweirdo profile image84
    Edweirdoposted 14 years ago

SF,

Even during your weekend "off" in Cali, you just can't resist logging on!

Have a great time soaking up the sun while we on the east coast suffer the drop in temperature and return to some spring time weather cool

mmm!  The real Edweirdo  pull the other leg !  smile

Are you making fun of me?? hmm

I am the REAL Edweirdo, and have been since my little sister dubbed me as such in the 1970's - but someone else took the name "Edweirdo" on twitter before I could lay claim to it, so I felt compelled to clarify when I signed up there big_smile

just joking smile

22. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Just a point, guys - I've noticed a couple of Hubs without the RSS feed.  Remember it has to go on every Challenge Hub.

Also note you have to put it in a RSS capsule, not a links capsule.  The links capsule will only show one link - the RSS capsule will show a list of Hubs. Set it to 8 (the default is 3).

Good point i didn't changed it to 8,so i'll do that now.

As for feed not related to hub-topic, i think we can place it under comment capsule.

Also i found that only hub-logs are displayed as hot. So is it good idea to remove 60dc tag from them ? i mean we need linkjuice for content hubs instead of logs. (Waiting for sunforged's input on this.)

I asked this same question to sunforged in an email, and he instructed me NOT to remove the 60dc variant tags from my log.

The reason why the logs are currently appearing at the top is that they are, for the most part, the first hubs we all published for the challenge and so have had the most time to gain traffic and high hubscores, which makes them both "hot" and "best".

This will probably change over time as we all add more hubs for the challenge...

23. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Hey 60DCers smile Back, finally. Readjusting and trying to find my very tired head. Scrolled through and have seen a LOT of activity - fantastic! Now I just need to make a start on my own big_smile

Jump to  it Frog !  smile

24. oderog profile image46
    oderogposted 14 years ago

A question on the RSS feeds, am having a challenge. We are either using hot or best tags. What's happens if your hub never falls to these two categories. Some guidance on this so that every team member's hub get feature across the board, what's your thoughts great team

I've had this thought too. The only thing I can think of (but maybe others will have better ideas), is to use as many different challenge feeds as possible across our content hubs. E.g. use 60dc hot, 60dc latest, 60dc best, 60daychallenge hot, 60daychallenge latest, 60daychallenge best, 60 day challenge hot, 60 day challenge latest, 60daychallenge best.

This way there is more chance of hubs lower in the rankings getting some exposure.  What do others think?

1. oderog profile image46
        oderogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Susan S, let team members gives their thought on this and once we are in agreement, the common rss feed should be communicated through private mail just to lock out spammers who might take advantage of our promotional effort. Your thought on this appreciated

2. skyfire profile image79

Good idea,I was thinking about 60dc niche specific tags but i'm just waiting for josh's opinion on lifting low score hubs using niche-specific tags. Something like 60dc-recipe or 60dc-<niche> etc.

That's a good idea skyfire, then we can promote our niche specific hubs through new feeds. Let's see what SF says, and if we need anyone to co-ordinate it I will be happy to help get a list of everyone's topics, distribute it and give a niche specific tag to use.

I think that will dilute the whole thing and defeat the idea of all working together. We have a strong, single feed to promote at the moment.

Every single hub with the 60dc tag will benefit from that promotion. The hot/best will change -but - it is the TAG we are promoting via RSS feeds - which will be on all of the hubs. every single one of them..... 'less you forget to add it. wink

Please do not make this too complex. Here are the RSS feeds that need promoting. Either/Or:

http://hubpages.com/tag/60dc/best/?rss

Let me say that again - promote the TAG. big_smile

Then do individual promotions - and as i said in my log, if you make 30 hubs, I will personally promote one of your hubs if you add a link to my log.

TAG - you could even add links like this:

hubpages best hubs
            making money online

That way any hub with the tag gets promoted. Work together guys - do not break it up.

No problem Mark smile I do want us to work together and I will do my best not to overcomplicate things wink

The difficulty for me is that I am trying to get my head round the promotion element of the challenge (maybe too soon!). I know very little about promoting through RSS and I'm having trouble grasping the overview. Can someone put it in simple terms for me and any others who don't fully understand the why and the how?!

The benefits of RSS promotion =

The 60dc group aims and objectives = (aims = what we want to achieve: objectives = how to achieve each aim)

I would also love to know where and how I can promote our feeds apart from RSS aggregators so that I can start on it and not be replicating others promotional efforts.

Deary me - I am demanding aren't I, lol lol I've just got the type of brain that likes to see the BIG PICTURE.

Ok - so - Obviously I was not clear. smile

Promote the TAG. I gave you two examples of promoting the TAG. RSS feeds can be one way of promoting the TAG. But - you could use the two examples I gave of promoting the TAG, by creating a link using the TAG.

This is the TAG:

http://hubpages.com/tag/60dc/hot

These are the RSS feeds to use to promote the TAG

http://hubpages.com/tag/60dc/best/?rss

but you can also create links to the TAG and here are 2 examples again:

hubpages best hubs
                making money online

Broken down:

url= http://hubpages.com/tag/60dc/hot ]hubpages best hubs[/url
                url= http://hubpages.com/tag/60dc/hot ]making money online[/url

So - if you are uncomfortable with promoting the RSS feed, and did not like the 3-400 aggregators I added here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/40229?page=5#post933815

You could, instead, decide to add links to the TAG instead. So, as part of the BIG Picture - go out and create 50 links back to the TAG...... big_smile

This is the tag again:

http://hubpages.com/tag/60dc/hot

Which is just another hubpages page. Like any other hub page that you would promote. But we all share the benefit......

Our aims and objectives are a joint promotional effort to increase the page views, exposure and ultimately income we generate from the pages we create using the 60dc tag. big_smile

Using the RSS feed also creates a link back to the top hubs showing on the feed - but - we all benefit.

Does that make more sense?

Thank you for this one Sir!

2. Susana S profile image94

LOL Mark - thankyou! I will go out and get 50 backlinks to the tag page using the anchor text you specified. I will make it my mission.

I'll think about the promoting the RSS later on. smile

LOL

Good oh! big_smile

You can mix up the anchor text to include any tag that might be appropriate. smile I suspect we will have a wide range of subjects - this is the cool thing about the whole idea.

Exactly Susana - you and Skyfire are getting way ahead of yourself. The whole idea of this Challenge is that we do this together, and we're not in the promotion phase yet, when we'll get more sophisticated with promotion.

As Sunforged explained, right now we're just getting the main feed out there because it's a quick fix to get us started. You're supposed to be working on your Hubs right now, not worrying about inventing other ways to promote - we're going to move on to that later.  Patience!

I guess you're right i need to slow down. I'll focus on getting more links to "60dc" tag for now.

I'm sure extra hubs/hubbers will be filtered in promotion phase. You can also remove their hub-URL from your tweets if you don't want them to get in.

2. profile image0

Im glad you said this Marisa... I was getting a panic on here.  I like verbatim instructions, bullet pointed when the promotion time comes.  Diverting from the aim of creating hubs is slowing me up. 

To share the hubber loooove, I really need an updated list of the team.  I am not sure that I am getting all the hubs published to leave a comment and rate up. 

Is there a central point that everyone can access with a link to new published hubs especially for 30dcs? Is there a way of getting around the rules as regards self promoting links in threads?  Maybe we could just have a thread called '60dc - United Hubs' where we could post something like: 'Just published hub no 1 on 12th April' .  I thought it would be a good central access point for us all.  We could then just click on the profile of the 60dc hubber and leave a comment - perhaps rate up.

I think that SF is our leader and we need to put proposals to him and for him to make the ultimate decision.  We need to accept his decision for the benefit of the team.  We all benefit, at the end of the time.  It is, therefore, the above suggestion that I put to him.

BTW... loving the hubs that people are putting out! smile

That's a bit how I feel, too.  Sunforged did say that if we reach our target early, we can start promoting early - so I'm thinking that's a better way to tackle it.

I think that's why Sunforged wrote this Hub:
                    http://hubpages.com/hub/Goals-Planning- … n-HubPages

He's suggested that we should all make sure we're following each other, so we all get notified of all new 60dc Hubs.  I've actually unfollowed quite a few other Hubbers temporarily so I don't get confused!

2. sunforged profile image71

Misha is a good chap, but I can also create a private forum in under 5 minutes. I was just kind of away and I was a bit surprised at how vehement the desire to begin promotion is. I will try to make up for lost time.

There is an official team hub, there were late joiners and those that were included are listed - 2 or 3 are pointed out in teh comments and I will get them into the hub tonight - the other late joiners, well, i have just been ignoring them, with the least of research they would see I wasnt welcoming anymore newcomers.If as a group you think we should open up to more, then we can do that. Im just a little shy about trying to manage to large of a group and worry that if they were incapable of seeing that the challenge want open, that they would have issues with implementing out strategies too.

Its very much a group effort and all the members are skilled and experienced, Im personally open to all suggestions, I have a plan for what i suggest...that doesnt mean we cant do more than I had planned.We really have an amazing team of people.

@Shaz, sure we could probably request to be allowed to do such a thing, I must admit I was really trying to show an easier way and suggest how your time can be better spent. The 30dc thread that everyone posts in has no seo value (to many links) and I cant imagine many people actually go through and read much in there. Whats the purpose of having to go to a forum thread, when you have an rss feed?

Thats what rss feeds are made for ! They update when new content is added. A way to see all of our hubs was one of the first things we implemented

That is exactly the (one of the)purpose(s) of the personal logs...is that not working well for you? Ideally you can go to any of your team members logs via the 60dc-logs tag and see their most recent additions.

Should that aspect be pointed out better or replaced with something else? Certainly open to impovements

3. Edweirdo profile image84

Shaz, if you enter the following URL in the address bar of your browser you will see a list of the latest published hubs:

hubpages.com/tag/60dc/latest

Look for the hubs by team members you recognize (ignore the parasites) - if you bookmark this and check it each day you'll have a central location to the latest hubs by other 60dc challengers!

This is the intended use for the "latest" stream - you could also set it up in an RSS reader, but this is the "quick and dirty" method wink

3. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
                  GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you are right with this hehehe... Patience...

2. barryrutherford profile image76

that sounds good adding those last tags !  smile

2. barryrutherford profile image76

good point !

25. Boomer60 profile image60

Just a quick question so we are all on the same page. I am still working my week one and I notice some people are on week two already. Are we going by April 1 as the start date to this hub? Or doesn't it really matter?

26. englightenedsoul profile image57

I think the official date is 2nd of April.  Though there has been no official announcement, Sunforged had posted about the 60 Day challenge on 2nd april and many people including me started their hublog on that day so our week starts from 2nd april.  1 or 2 day is not much of a difference, the important thing is to get 30 hubs published in 3 - 10 topics and start with our promotion phase.

1. Boomer60 profile image60
      Boomer60posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks englightenedsoul! I will start my new week tomorrow.

I am using #60dc in my Twitter tweets. Hopefully this will help keep us all connected if that is what we want to do.

yes it would be great if we all use @60Dc tag when posting to twiiter !

on our later feeds and if you were aiming for best effect on twitter, one would make no reference to 60dc - our target audience has no conception of what that means and will never search for such a thing - on twitter, should you make manual submissions, good additions would be hash tag keywords related to your content.

ie. #writers  #dance #(insert keyword here)

the purpose of hot and best should prove to be of benefit in the long run - as pointed out by Edweirdo, early on, the logs, which were the first published writings with the 60dc tags for many are currently the frontrunners - 3, 6, 9 months from now it is not likely that those hubs will be "hot"anymore.

I dont think we need to be to strict about when was the "official" start date - we just all need to be on the same page in the first week of next month to start our promotion efforts

yes but we can see what each of us are doing on twitter &  RETWEET  to all of our followers.  No ?

2. Edweirdo profile image84

Since SF posted the official "instructions" hub on April 6, that's the day I started counting from.

But since the whole notion of this challenge is geared more towards the promotional aspects coming in Phase 2, I don't think specific dates are super critical...

3. Marisa Wright profile image87

I agree - Sunforged made the post and invited people to join, and most people made a start right there and then.

I'm aiming to write my 30 Hubs during the month of April because it's neat and easy to remember.  I'm not even keeping a Week 1, Week 2 log - it's not compulsory - so which week we're in really doesn't matter.

27. englightenedsoul profile image57

Your welcome boomer.  I will follow you on twitter.

28. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

Hi guys... I have been trying share the looove with the team but I am not sure whether the list is up to date.  Can anyone provided an official list of 60dc team.  I dont want to miss anyone out!  Sharing the hubber love should be shared with all! big_smile

29. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

Has one of the challengers created a new account in the last 2 days and added it to the RSS? My twitter feed seems to have extra challnegers

I think General Howitzer just joined Mam!

2. wavegirl22 profile image47
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jean I saw the same things. .. from  . . .
      hubpages.com/hub/Money-in-Hubs  . .

He is on the '60dc-latest feed'. . .and I was just coming here to post that he is not one of the challengers or maybe I missed something. Is that one of the extras that you are seeing????

breakingnewz10
      0 Followers
      9 Hubs
      Joined 32 hours ago

Sunforged this isnt a trick to see if we are getting familiar with the RSS feed is it???

1. profile image0

that's the one. I took a look to see who's hub it was and noticed I didn't recognise the name. Maybe someone started an extra account.

If we're promoting it's going to get a little crazy if extra people are just randomly using the tags and RSS

1. wavegirl22 profile image47

and is tagging on to our traffic..

Not good. .

do we flag???

2. theblackedition profile image79
        theblackeditionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, there are definitely persons who use the challenge tags, who aren't a part of the challenge.  How can they be flagged, if they have a right to add any tags they wish?  Thinking about a solution to this.  Sooner than we know it, there will be an overflow of persons such as this.

1. profile image0

Are you part of the challengers.... only, I didnt see you on the list and I dont want to be rude by ignoring you and not welcoming you:)

No!    theblackedition isa  non-starter  of this 60 day hub chalenge

1. profile image0

oh *blush* he shouldnt be using our special tag, should he?  I am sure he must have been mistaken... I hope he isnt too disappointed but, I believe SF did state the application was closed on his hub.

@theblackedition ... Sorry for any confusion theblack smile

1. englightenedsoul profile image57
                englightenedsoulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Shaz theblackedition is a fellow participant.  If you go to sunforged hub he have mentioned that in comments. theblackedition, deborah demander and I think 1 more hubber is a part of the challenge.  He is not accepting new invitations now and he is going to add them soon.  I think he might have already done that.

oops I thought it was closed when our with all the particpants listed on Sunforged page.

My apologise for casting aspersions on "theblackedition"

2. profile image0

Thanks enlightenedsoul... and apologises to theblackedition - I am fumbling through - I will go back and re-check the hub:)

2. theblackedition profile image79

I am with the team, with sunforged's approval smile  I was one of the last persons to get onboard, after sunforged placed the list on the Team 60dc hub. 

No worries though - I understand.  I was wondering for a while if I should call myself 'theblacksheep' haha!  Hello everyone!

1. profile image0

Welcome Black:)

30. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

there is a flag button on the Hub  .. I think it is in the same place as where you would rate or share it. .

31. frogdropping profile image78

Flag them. It's taking the Michael - jumping on the bandwagon of other's hard work and team effort. Besides, the hubber you're referring to is using a machine translator. His/her hubs are atrociously bad reads.

1. wavegirl22 profile image47

thanks frogs . . .I had a feeling! Never flagged a hub before. . but I knew it was an available option!
      Hope your traveling was good! We missed ya wink

The trouble is, he's not breaking any Hub rules, and this is not an official HubPages Challenge - so will they do anything?

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
        Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If his hubs are unreadable, definitely, but also there is something in the rules about using inappropriate tags.

Oh, so there is - good catch!

32. Edweirdo profile image84
    Edweirdoposted 14 years ago

There are going to be poachers in our efforts in the 60dc, for sure. We could flag them, but unless they break the rules here at HP, there's not really a way to keep them out sad

But keep in mind that sunforged told us in the planning hub that one element of Phase 2 may involve a private forum/external meeting place where we can discuss the *real* promotional efforts when the time comes!

I agree that reporting sub-standard and/or spammy content is a good thing - even if they aren't trying to poach our tags cool

But we can't expect HP staff to enforce the rules that our little un-official 60dc community lays out...

33. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 14 years ago

I just went back and checked ALL the tag pages - 60DC, 60daychallenge and 60 day challenge.

In addition to 'breakingnewz 10', we do have another hubber, but I just noticed one hub from him. I checked that particular hub, and it ACTUALLY had the 60DC and 60 day challenge tags - even though he is not participating in the challenge.

There is another 'little' transgression, but I think I will leave that. You will find it if you look closely.

The problem is - since this is not an official challenge, I am not sure we can flag anyone just because some particular tags were used. Yes, we can flag for substandard hubs, but 'wrong tagging' is pretty much open subject - wrong tags mean that the tags should be related to the hub topic, that's all. It just means, for example, that you cannot use 'make money online' tag on a hub about baby products. I don't think that we can apply the same here.

I suggest we keep looking out for any such poachers. How we deal with them, we can work out later.

Exactly right - we have to expect poachers, and there's not a whole lot we can do about it...

34. sunforged profile image71

It seems as if all the questions in this thread have been well figured out. Sorry about not being around, Saturday was  memorial service in California and I live in nY..so has been a long weekend. Sitting out a 3 hour layover in nYc, so probably wont be around til late Monday night EST.

If their are any really bating concerns I can respond via email, essentially the promotion phase (any special and concerted phase) isnt started yet. IMO, Its not best practice to completely reveal your hand on promotion tactics in an open forum. Most of our methods are outlined and explained amongst all of our hubs.

Some parasites are to be expected at this stages, I never had any illusions that none would appear.

Perhaps its now more apparent why the "hot/best" option were pushed rather than "latest"

35. profile image0

Misha has a website forum.  We could go over there and talk??? Misha is a good chap! big_smile

36. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Private forum is good idea SF, if you can set it up then that will be good for participants. I feel that we can't post links here or discuss enough within the limit of HP TOS. We'll keep 60DC announcement/updates on this thread but any personal queries/promotion discussion could be discussed without any pressure on private forum IMO.

1. SiddSingh profile image60
      SiddSinghposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Private forum is a good idea.

1. theblackedition profile image79

I agree with the Private forum idea.

37. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

I like the private forum idea smile

Just been going through the feed aggregators - still a lot to get through, but it is easy enough whilst I have a morning coffee.

I am hoping to knock off the rest of my 30 over the next few days and then work on a few Press Release submissions, with RSS feed links. Another angle to work on smile

38. englightenedsoul profile image57

I also like the private forum idea and also I have no problem going through new hubs via hublogs and RSS feed.  Infact I am amazed by the potential of RSS feed and also by it's simplicity of use.  Though I still don't know how to create my own RSS feed but would definitely learn that in the promotion phase when I am done with my exams and hubs.

Also, I would again vote for discussing things in private forums especially during the promotion phase as it would not only keep parasites at bay but build up the excitement and buzz of the 60 day challenge.  I know I might be sounding childish(I am only 20, so you may be right) to some but I have a reason.  SF, at the start of this challenge, you had declared that everything we do in the 60 day challenge would be kept open to all hubbers and I really appreciate it because thats the way newbie hubbers like me learnt and learn.  But can't we delay it.  I mean release the info to everyone after the 60 day challenge then we can also add what we achieved, for the extra motivation those who want to adopt our promotion methods so that they are less skeptical about it.  Also I have noticed that people are more eager to learn or try new things when there is a buzz and only a part of information is disclosed and they know they would get the 'secret' information at a later date.  There is a eagerness to read and try.  For example, the Ipad and at hubpages Ryan's hub which will be published on 1st july where he will reveal all his money making strategies, how he has earned every single penny, do's and dont's everything.  I am already excited to read.

Also, There are already a few hubbers taking undue advantage of the 60 day challenge RSS feed(good thinking on your part though to not use the latest feeds) and that too when we are still in the hub writing phase.  My guess is that such parasites would increase multi-fold when we start with our promotion stage.

And when you can start a private forums in 5 minutes(Are you serious, I don't know how would you do it) if not now then in the promotion stage. 

Okk, this is entirely a personal suggestion and I would happily abide what SF and the team decide.

Also SF, is 3gtech.info your site by any chance??

1. profile image0

I am with the team 100%!big_smile

Agree good time for our 1st team meeting !  smile smile

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image68

Hi shaz and everybody... me too...

1. profile image0

*salutes the General*

39. frogdropping profile image78

A separate forum? Guess more work involved but not a bad idea. More so when some hubbers are being incredibly unsporting and tagging along for the ride, unnanounced. Oh well - that's the 'net for you smile

1. profile image0

Well... *blows nail varnish and examines finger nails* where there is success, everyone wants a piece of the pie! big_smile

nothing breeds success like success !!   smilesmilesmile

1. N. Ramius profile image74
          N. Ramiusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But I haven't seen my success yet.

really my traffic is doubled in aweek !

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image68

Good for you guys. My traffic is still the same but still, very glad i took part on this, maybe sooner or later I am going to reap the rewards, we are not on th promotion stage yet...

40. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

I just had to share this - I was starting to get stuck for ideas and Susana's 60dc Hub has got me going again!  Maybe it'll help others.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Long-Tail-Keywords-SEO

Of course, maybe everyone else is already ahead of me - wouldn't be the first time!

Thanks Marisa smile Yes, that's another good thing about the wonder wheel it is fantastic for generating new ideas!

1. profile image0

I have been using this for a little while now and have integrated it into my hub routine.  I find that it is really handy when you have multiple same themed hubs... you dont have to go over it again as you already have the long tailed keywords at hand.  I also find it good when you want to find better paying keywords too.

One thing that did cross my mind, though, was the effect of having a differing url with newly changed keywords in the title and, hense, the newly adjusted long tailed tags. 

Would having a different URL to the title create a conflict when it comes to SEO?

big_smile

2. oderog profile image46

The tool is just wonderful, thanks for pointing this one out

I just read this and it is very useful, Thank you for this one!

41. SiddSingh profile image60

Have I missed something? I see a number of 60 day challengers posting on another forum.

42. profile image0

I just want to confirm... are the following the 60dc team:
    Sufidreamer

Sufidreamer

Englightened Soul

Faybe Bay

SiddSingh

Frogdropping

Sunforged

Marisa Wright

Ramius

Oderog

Edweirdo

Patty Inglish, MS

PakPub

Iseult Ruad

WordScribe41

WaveGirl22
    KeithTax

Susana S

Jean Meriam

SkyFire

Mark Knowles

RMR

Shazwellyn

Lela Davidson

Boomer60

MM Del Rosario

Barry Rutherford

kidgas,

theblackedition

deborah demander

Are there anymore that I have missed Sunforged?  Are there any additions?  Are there any drop outs?

Just want to dismiss any further confusion - it can be embarrassing:)

43. sunforged profile image71

http://60dc.hubsacademy.com/

60dc.hubsacademy.com/

after registering I will have to confirm ,try to use a similar username - send a message through the Hubpages mail so I know you are 60dcer and I will accept registration

for ease - we will still mostly just use hubfeatures - but for anything that is super specific to the challenge methods use the private forum

This is great sunforged, after this challenge I know I will be at another level, where I will be able to know what's work and what doesn't work, and this will just help me to develop my niche blogs. Thanks for coming up with this idea Sun

44. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Registered as "sky".  smile

45. sunforged profile image71

received a reg from MK and Sufi , please just confirm that this was in fact your own request through Hp - forum, email, comment etc.
    *edit* MK and Sufi activated, I recognized the email addresses)

all categories are open to new topics - forum is not set to index, will open the self promo category/forum to index

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
      Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cheers, SF - had to dash off and lend a hand in the kitchen, so did not get around to the email smile

46. frogdropping profile image78

Registered. Great idea. Same name, pointless changing it smile

47. englightenedsoul profile image57

Registered.  Same username.

48. sunforged profile image71

OD, FD, ES and TBE all activated

1. Faybe Bay profile image65
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Registered FaybeBay.

activated

1. profile image0

Ive registered shazwellyn

activated

2. oderog profile image46

After logging into the account S, am unable to log in into the private chart and receiving this message yet am using the same password I registered with. "You entered an incorrect password"

Email SF for the PW.

2. sunforged profile image71

true - but your not missing anything, Yet! wink

email me and Ill send you the PW for that subforum

Thanks doing it right away

49. sunforged profile image71

pIng activated - Oderog - PW sent

50. SiddSingh profile image60

OK.

I registered as "sidd". Waiting for activation!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)