Hub Tennis

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 88 discussions (110 posts)
  1. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

I've posted a hub about a new game I think may be fun for all - participation is totally voluntary and the only real prize is the challenge.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hub-Tennis

2. stephhicks68 profile image88
    stephhicks68posted 16 years ago

*bump*  I'm in - who else?

3. Peter M. Lopez profile image70
    Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years ago

I'm a little concerned about what topics you gals might toss my way, but, what the heck, I'll give it a shot.

4. amy jane profile image71
    amy janeposted 16 years ago

Great idea! I'm in too smile

5. Peter M. Lopez profile image70

Okay, shoes?  Really?  I knew I was right to be worried.  Please, go easy on me whenever it's my turn.

6. amy jane profile image71

LOL! You can't write about shoes, Peter? I bet you could smile
    I am sure you will get a topic that is more appropriate for you!

7. stephhicks68 profile image88

How about a Hub on makeup?  LOL!  big_smile

8. stephhicks68 profile image88

OK, so, its shoes.....  Hmmmm.. time to consult my writer's block Hub.  Just kidding

9. gamergirl profile image84

He could write about bloating during menstruation.. or maybe how breasts change throughout a woman's life.. LOL

10. profile image0
    SirDentposted 16 years ago

I was thinking of joining in on this but after reading the posts I think I'll pass.

11. gamergirl profile image84

What about the posts made you change your mind??

12. profile image0
    SirDentposted 16 years ago

Suggestions for topics!!!  I am actually only kidding. I will join also. If my writing sucks its because of the topic.  tongue

13. gamergirl profile image84

Haha!!

You almost worried me, SirDent! Would hate to offend one of my fans. wink

14. Peter M. Lopez profile image70

Oh, I could write about shoes if I had to, I have plenty of them (and I have written about pregnancy - thank you GG very much, and I got a little HubLove out of the topic). 

But shoes is an I'll-get-to-it-when-I-have-time topic, as far as I am concerned.  So, give me shoes if you like, but I may not bump back for a few weeks. big_smile

15. gamergirl profile image84

LOL!

Shoes is Steph's thing. 

I don't want anyone to think that this is a "write it in one day" thing.  I think we should use this game to continue to flex our brains on topics perhaps outside our preferred idea bank.  I know I miss the whole Hublove thing.

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image70
      Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I knew it was someone else's topic, we just got carried away.

16. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

I'm a little confused. I went to the hub and thought that you chose for the 1st person, and that person chose. Now, are you chosing a topic and everyone writes on it? Also, where did Shoes come from?

When I read how it's played in the other forum you participate, I was thinking it would be similar to that game. Basically, you choose a topic, say 'shoes' for the 1st person, she writes about 'baby shoes.' The next person tweaks the topic to 'babies' and writes about 'choosing a baby name.' Then the next person writes about 'pet names.' Then the next person, 'choosing a pet.' Etc.

That seemed to fit the discription of the other game...

Maybe that could be another game.

17. gamergirl profile image84

Whitney,

I'm glad you asked.  When I was considering this kind of game, I wanted to be a little more flexible with it's structure.  I do not want to create super-saturated categories in the course of this game, thus the slight change in the way the game is played.

1. Whitney05 profile image82
      Whitney05posted 16 years agoin reply to this

Understandable. I think that going with the way I had thought, would still give a lot of flexibility because the person could pick anything to write about as long as it was slightly touched on in the previous hub. shoes to babies, as long as the shoes were baby shoes.

Like, if Steph wrote about sandals, the next person could choose summer plants, since you wear sandals in summer months usually.

18. Peter M. Lopez profile image70

So where and how does the tag-you're-it thing occur?

19. gamergirl profile image84

Well, I think once Steph has published her hub, which the girlie girl inside me cannot wait to read, maybe she could put a little blurb at the bottom about the game and who is next (Peter) and what the topic she's chosen for him is.

20. Peter M. Lopez profile image70

Sounds good to me.

21. gamergirl profile image84

Updated the beginning hub to link to each of the currently "in" Hubbers. big_smile

22. Bonnie Ramsey profile image67
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 16 years ago

Well, I just signed up so I am really nervous to see who picks my topic and what I have gotten myself into LOL.

Bonnie

23. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 16 years ago

Charlotte, is there a time limit as to when you should submit your hub? smile

24. gamergirl profile image84

I don't want to rush anybody at all.  This is a challenge and a game, rather suiting when you consider the source, eh?  tongue

This is just something voluntary and extra to keep those who participate on their proverbial toes. smile

25. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 16 years ago

I'm in. Is there a preferred length for the write-ups? zs

26. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 16 years ago

Hehe Susan Ng and I were talking in school and I think once Whitney said that she finished a hub in 2 to 3 hours and we both laughed coz we finished ours "forever".  smile  Okay if there is no time limit, I'm in.  I promise it wont take forever to finish a hub.  lol

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I am taking forever to finish one hub smile

2. Whitney05 profile image82

Those are hubs that I know the majority of the info from my own experiences and just need a little info to fill in the gaps. Most of the time takes find the perfect pictures and amazon products and then placement of the capsules. And of course research for the empty gaps takes time as well. Tags takes a while, too, trying to get the perfect ones and all the ones that may be searchable and related to the topic.

You guys think that 2-3 hours is amazing, but I find the 30 minutes is crazy.

27. stephhicks68 profile image88

Yes, 2-3 hours is about right.  It took me slightly more than that to volley over the first hit in Hub Tennis.  So now, before I go to bed, I am contemplating a topic for Peter.....

28. stephhicks68 profile image88

Peter:  Check out Charlotte's hub.  You need to write about Noodles.  big_smile

Noodles?  Spaghetti, oriental, swimming aids?  Is there a time limit?  I'm in court later this morning, and I might not get to it until later on tonight...

29. gamergirl profile image84

Great stuff, Steph!!

30. The How To Hub profile image67
    The How To Hubposted 16 years ago

Great idea : )    Maybe I have no idea what I am getting myself into....but count me in. 

I joined hubpages a little over a week ago and I am already hooked! This is my very first forum post for goodness sake, so I am still wondering "what am I doing" - lol

Whilst I was initially referred to hubpages by a colleague, I can see this becoming an overindulged hobby!  The site should come with a warning.........'hubpages are addictive'

I enjoy writing articles and blogging, but previously my focus has mostly been business so that has directed my topics.

One thing.....be kind to me!

gamergirl - maybe you could update the tennis hub with the names, hublinks and the upcoming subjects as this moves from player to player?

1. Whitney05 profile image82

The player chooses the subject, so Charlotte isn't picking them all. She just picked the first one, and Steph picked the next one, and Peter will pick the next, and so on.

I guess she could update with whatever the subject was with the corresponding hub.

31. amy jane profile image71

Welcome, How To Hub smile It is an addiction. There is no doubt about that!

Steph, noodles! LOL! I shouldn't laugh though, Peter gets to choose my topic smile

32. gamergirl profile image84

After each person publishes the hub on their topic, I will post it in the links section on the hub.  smile

As well, all the players' profiles are listed in the Hub.

Welcome to Hubpages!

33. Peter M. Lopez profile image70

Real court, as in the Courthouse and everything...not a tennis court.  big_smile

34. stephhicks68 profile image88

Just like with the HubLove contest, you can write about whatever kind of noodle tickles your fancy!  (swimming or otherwise).  Good luck in court!

35. Peter M. Lopez profile image70

I would write about Ramen noodles if Patty hadn't already written about them...

I've really got to think outside of the box on this one.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Haha - you could write about String Theory and talk about noodles of dimensional existence. smile

2. Inspirepub profile image73
      Inspirepubposted 16 years agoin reply to this
  36. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 16 years ago

I have an idea for noodles, Peter...

Swimming Noodles. You know. Those foam tube things that kids swim with.

Nice thought.

I already thought of that one...ha, ha.  But, alas, I've decided to leave swimming noodles for someone else...feel free.  I'm still undecided, but I have an idea or two.

37. Peter M. Lopez profile image70

Oooooooohhhhhhh.  Good one.  I hadn't thought of that.

38. stephhicks68 profile image88

BTW, you can thank my husband for the topic.  I was ready to go to bed after finishing my Hub.  I asked, "what should a guy write on next?"  He replied, somewhat annoyed, "Noodles."  Could it be his way of getting back at HubPages for taking so much of my time - LOL!

p.s.  Patty's Ramen Hub is really good!

39. Peter M. Lopez profile image70

You can thank him for me...with a love pat upside the head.

Actually, I was somewhat bewildered at first, but the topic is growing on me.  It's at least interesting trying to come up with something.

40. amy jane profile image71

My first thought was "how not to eat noodles" - I bet there's a video or two out there to illustrate it. In some cultures it is polite to slurp your noodles, in some places people throw a noodle at a wall to see if it is cooked...I don't know smile This could get silly.

You have no idea...

41. stephhicks68 profile image88

LOL - this is too funny!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!  (next time I will not play Hub Tennis at 11:00 p.m.)

42. DJ Funktual profile image75
    DJ Funktualposted 16 years ago

Oh yeah I'm in.  Peter you crack me the f*** up!

43. Peter M. Lopez profile image70

I do not endorse or condone this in any way, and it will certainly not be in my noodle hub...

but, it's pretty damn funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5HQqEl … re=related

1. DJ Funktual profile image75
      DJ Funktualposted 16 years agoin reply to this

(in tears)   Oh               god                    that      was                 sooooooooooooooooo              funnyyyyyyyyy.  i can't stop laffing!

No pressure Peter, whatever shortcomings you might have in your hub will be eradicted if you add that to it!  OMG  (breathing normally again.)

44. amy jane profile image71

I am crying with laughter over that! I have to send that to hubby straight away!  Wow, I really needed a good laugh, thanks Peter smile

45. gamergirl profile image84

I can't wait until Peter's done! Whatever he writes I know is going to be great.  You're all awesome Hubbers!

46. Peter M. Lopez profile image70

There is way tooooo much build up.  Remember people: the topic is noodles.

The pressure!!!!!

47. stephhicks68 profile image88

Peter!!  That You Tube video!  Half a million hits too - I dare you!

48. stephhicks68 profile image88

And, yes, I am sending a copy to my husband right away too!  big_smile  Hilarious.

49. Lifebydesign profile image63
    Lifebydesignposted 16 years ago

How about something like 'creative uses' for cooked and uncooked noodles...?

My 9 yr old son will eat them straight out of the packet if I don't fix them fast enough! lol

50. Peter M. Lopez profile image70

I apologize for the delay, but ta da.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Celebration-of-Noodles

Next topic:  Words

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)