I'm Expecting Baby #2

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (48 posts)
  1. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

The reason I haven't been around the forums or site much recently - I'm expecting baby #2. It won't be due till November (I'm only 6-7 weeks) but I've got terrible morning sickness and am really looking forward to getting further into the pregnancy!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations. big_smile

2. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

congrats ...wonderful news....

3. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

congrats - hope you're feeling better soon

4. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations.

5. iQwest profile image48
      iQwestposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A big congratulations and hopefully your morning sickness goes away very soon!!!

6. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

super big congratulations!! I know how bad morning sickness can be, hope you get over it fast.  smile

2. profile image0
    Oceana Swiftposted 13 years ago

Big hugs and congrats to you and your husband! (Will we ever get a little peak at baby #1?)

WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hint: She's pictured in one of my last 30 hubs. smile

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Congrats! smile

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Congratulations! Babies rule! smile

5. cre8tive profile image81
    cre8tiveposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, wonderful news

6. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, WL!  I know where you can find some good hubs on babies! smile

7. MPG Narratives profile image61
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

That's great news, congrats WL. I can sympathise with the morning sickness, hope it goes soon. Take care of yourself.

8. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Fabulous news, WL!
    Bummer about the morning sickness. Hope you can get past that very soon.
    Your little hubberoo or hubberette has lots of followers already! smile! MM

9. thirdmillenium profile image61
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

As long as they are going to be as pretty as you are, plenty more are welcome.
    Congratulations!

10. leahlefler profile image94
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

Congratulations! I hope you get past the morning sickness soon! My two kiddos are best friends (and sometimes best enemies, lol). Here's to a fast and easy nine months!

11. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Congrats and hope you get over the morning sickness sooner!

12. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

.. nice to read some good news .....congratulations

13. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Congrats!! Great news this!!

14. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

congrats, my wife also pregnant, now 3 and a half months and still suffering from awful morning (afternoon and evening) sickness - although it has improved from a few weeks back.. I hope yours improves quicker than hers..

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! All I can think to say is..... babies rule!!!! smile

15. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Congratulations!!!!!!

16. Tina Kachan profile image60
    Tina Kachanposted 13 years ago

Congratulations! Let us know if it`s a boy or a girl big_smile

17. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Congratulation and here's hoping you move past the morning sickness and by pass the fatigue.  smile

18. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Wry smile

Hope you will soon be over the blah days.

Ginger helps ,nibble it ,drink it ,Ginger to settle tummy probs.

19. sagebrush_mama profile image60
    sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years ago

Congratulations!  How exciting!

20. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Nice!  So happy for you.  Congratulations.  smile  (Well, this piece of news brightens up the forums some, doesn't it..)  One of my "babies" is a November baby, but I guess - where you live - having a November birthday means something different, as far as future, outdoor, birthday parties go.   smile

21. tlpoague profile image82
    tlpoagueposted 13 years ago

Congratulations!

22. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Congratulations!

Will you let us help you choose the name?  big_smile

23. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Congratulations! Better get your Christmas hubs written soon because you won't have time to spare when the time comes smile

24. Aficionada profile image78
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, and ditto on all of the good wishes and good advice here!

Now would be an excellent time to own stock in a soda crackers (aka saltines) company, wouldn't it?  Or ginger?  lol

25. WryLilt profile image88

I already have a girl and boy name picked smile

And as for the morning sickness cures - I have tried literally everything (I wrote a hub on all the cures from last pregnancy, none of which worked.) I guess I will just have to wait for it to go away.

Thanks guys!

1. Spacey Gracey profile image39
      Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The only thing that cured mine was chips and curry sauce - probably not for everyone though smile

26. wordscribe43 profile image89
    wordscribe43posted 13 years ago

Congrats, WryLilt!  Let me just say, I can sooo relate to you in regards to the whole morning sickness thing.  Total nightmare.  I was so sick with my first one, then I got pregnant with TWINS.  I literally had to bring a barf bucket with me everywhere I went.  Nothing helped. 

I've always been so jealous of women who feel so great during pregnancy.  I felt like I missed out on that. 

Can you brush your teeth without gagging?

27. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Morning sickness is something I couldn't find a cure for until the seventh or eight month.. I hope yours will go away soon.. have fun eating what ever you can manage until then...smile
    Hey, one good that came out of morning sickness was that my husband learned his way around the kitchen... so make good use of such opportunities smile
    Just kidding.. my husband was pretty supportive.. though he is totally lost when it comes to cooking smile

28. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

many congratulations...... hope you feel better soon, and are able to enjoy the pregnancy more.  How exciting.

29. WryLilt profile image88

Update: I'm currently 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant (just had a scan).

And I'm still throwing up - from first thing in the morning often till right before bed. Not fun! At least I should only have a few more weeks of it.

EDD is 26th November.

30. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Congratulations!

Sorry to hear that you're throwing up.

31. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 13 years ago

Congrats! Sorry about the sickness. I would suggest mint tea or mint sticks but that might not work for you, I don't know.

32. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I was horribly sick with my first child - and that lasted almost right the way through, but any sickness I suffered with later pregnancies only last the 12-13 weeks they said it would. I wasn't sick at all carrying my son, only my daughters.

Nothing works against it. Remember Thalidomide? The wonder cure of the 60s? Now doctor's don't even look for cures. Try dry toast.

Yep, tried toast, crackers, ginger, tea, B6, mint, maxalon and a whole lot of other stuff. Doesn't work. At least I feel ok for half an hour after throwing up!

33. CASE1WORKER profile image60
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

Congratulations- i had it bad with all three. However on the last the doctor said that sne had read in a magazine about sea sickness wrist bands- they worked within hours for me!

They worked for about a week with me then stopped working LoL

34. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

Congrats! I wish you all of the best. big_smile

35. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

Congrats Wry!

36. Jefacity profile image58
    Jefacityposted 13 years ago

thats awesome. best wishes for your yet to be born

37. LittleFairy profile image61
    LittleFairyposted 13 years ago

Congratss!!! You were one of the very first people who inspired me to join hubpages, and i am loving it! Hope you feel better as time goes on. Good luck big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)