so, Do you know what your IQ is?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (58 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
    schoolgirlforrealposted 12 years ago

I know there are several tests online

and I've taken those.

But there are test doctors give as well

In my case I took that one.

Either way, having taken both, my results are pretty much the same.

My result is above (above average)- which is not above average but above that.

I forget the exact term for that

I think there's supposed to be a #.  I [b] think [\b] mine was 120 but I'm not sure.

What are you- if you feel like telling

I believe Einstein was 160 and I heard Steven Hawkins is over 200.

[I really should just look this up!

and do you know any further info?

I'd be curious

2. profile image0
    Wentworth35posted 12 years ago

I have taken several IQ tests and I come out as 131 or 132 depending on which test I have taken.

3. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

27.3 is not a great score Greek one, that's even lower than my score of 31!

schoolgirlforrealposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol big_smile hahaha

2. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

oops.. sorry.. forgot the decimal point after the 2

4. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

I've taken a few of those free online tests.  They show up at around 140 and are obviously worth what you pay for them. big_smile

5. michifus profile image58
    michifusposted 12 years ago

around 140 for me, but mid 80's before 10am

6. Rehana Stormme profile image72
    Rehana Stormmeposted 12 years ago

I took mine a few years ago. I did 3 tests within 2 weeks. My highest score was 132 and my lowest was 122. My friend likes to tell me, though, that success is not about IQ - it's about 'I can'. And I totally agree.

7. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

A psychologist tested me. The results said 157, but I don't know that I believe that. He also tested my brain quadrants. I tested almost zero in both left quadrants and off the charts in both right quadrants. I guess that means I'm retarded in math and analytical skills and a genius in language and creativity. lol

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pretty obvious to me - it's why you are on HP, after all!

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL. Too true!

Hmmm.  I'm glad you took it right.  Re-reading, it could be taken that your oh-so-obvious retardation is why you are here!  Sorry, Habee - I've followed and paid attention to the other part of you for many months here. sad

1. habee profile image93

A great sense of humor is part of my right-brainededness. Is that a word?? Sounds good to me!

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image79

I kinda expected -well not kinda, did- high scores after all we're on hp wink tongue

hey habee
      my niece said hers was 180..i was like ?

she was so proud she used it in her email/fb/name lol

8. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Over 140 - Genius or near genius

120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence

110 - 119 - Superior intelligence

90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence

80 - 89 - Dullness

70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency

Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

I am in the presence of many geniuses if this is right. smile

1. habee profile image93

I sometimes think the good doctor put a "1" in front of mine out of kindness. lol. It's strange - I can feel so smart sometimes, and at other times, I feel like a total moron. I can't do anything mechanical, like recording a movie, putting oil in the car, or programming the microwave. Stuff like that just doesn't compute in my brain. I'm extremely creative, however, which is how I got the IQ points. People are always coming to me for creative ideas about art, cooking, decorating, and designing stuff. I don't really see how creativity equates with intelligence, though. You might want me to help you design a backdrop for a play, but you certainly wouldn't me to help you with algebra!! lol

I think we all have things that we are NOT good at.
        I love engineering and carpentry.
        I can get a bearing in a racing motor to a zillionth of an inch, but cant cut a piece of wood straight or join corners.

I also get the engineering wrong with wood. I built a hardwood kitchen for my wife so over-engineered it was heavy enough to double as a bomb shelter! (If it had two straight joins anywhere!)

I have no idea what anyone's IQ is, or their EQ for that matter.

I think there are too many variables myself. smile

I can programm a vcr, change a tire, and am very creative too. smile but your hubs are way better than mine wink

2. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm a -12    hmm

I knew we were alike! smile

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image79

Oh, I luv that! "very superior intelligence" I feel great lol

9. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I don't know or care. IMHO what matters is what you do, not your theoretical potential.

10. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

When I was 18 years old I took several IQ test. My range was between 150-170. wink

11. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 12 years ago

IQ means nothing.....it's the mileage in your wisdom that speaks volumes in your life.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. smile

2. wilderness profile image94

I don't know about that - the more mileage I get, the less wisdom I seem to have.  Senility, perhaps.

3. Richieb799 profile image74
      Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well said, I have never done an IQ test..It annoys me when people hype this stuff up, its all based on logical questions which have indication of whether you could be a philosophical genious

12. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

My IQ is 157 I was in Mensa while in College. As I get older I believe it goes down. tongue

1. K9keystrokes profile image84
      K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My IQ has been calculated at 159, 160, and 163,  as measured by medical and physiological professionals over the years; my mother was a quirky chick and this kind of thing mattered to her. Personally, I have my doubts as to its importance.  I also had a stay with the wonderfully courageous Mensa nerds,...this was when I decided it was time to learn some self defense tactics, as no matter how IQ rich one is, there is usually someone smarter, and always someone bigger and meaner!  AEvans, I agree. As I age my IQ is rapidly declining!

1. AEvans profile image70
        AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lololo! Mine too! I am right there with you. My IQ moved up too. But as I get older it goes down and down. lolol! big_smile

13. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

My IQ is about 10 until I've had enough coffee in the morning. My kids have actually been tested as part of the early intervention program - I looked at the numbers and then hid them. I don't want them to know the "numbers" and determine their self worth or ability level based on a series of numbers.

I honestly think you have the perfect idea Leah. Those IQ numbers mean nothing in terms of self worth! Environment, health conditions, life lessons, all add up to make us who we are and where we end up in life. The Uni-Bomber had an extremely high IQ and look where it took him, straight to homicidal insanity! Some number attached to that worth can do far more harm than good, trust me! cool

14. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

@ the OP - No................do i care?.....no....it could go up and down depending on my mood and what's happening in life.....mad  lol  lol

then don't bother posting!

this is all in fun and curiousity smile

15. Maralexa profile image85
    Maralexaposted 12 years ago

137 also Mensa.  I am older.  probably 37 now!

LOL!smile

16. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

I do find it interesting that nearly everyone claims a number in the top 1% (IQ above 135).

lol  To me that says something about the value of an IQ score.  Or about honesty....

1. leahlefler profile image95
        leahleflerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Everyone wants to be a genius (sigh)...

The average IQ score is increasing over time (something called the Flynn Effect) - someone with an average IQ of 100 in 1910 would score lower on a test taken today. It is a fascinating effect... but are people truly more intelligent today than they were 100 years ago?

not sure what you mean by someone earning a lower score today. That's dumb. No, I don't think people are smarter today. I THINK that school's are trying to make people look smarter- I may be wrong- to get into college or imo people -mainstream- are getting dumber and following the govt like sheep and/or believe everything they hear (prob mostly US) and forget the past can repeat itself...

1. leahlefler profile image95
            leahleflerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Flynn Effect means that the average score on the Stanford-Binet IQ test has steadily risen over time: the same test, but the average person is scoring higher. There are a number of theories as to the cause of the effect - the most common is the access to education and resources for the general population has increased over time.

The Flynn Effect is leveling off in developed countries.

I absolutely agree Leah. With people having intense access to a greater depth of information and education (via computers) this allows for a better scoring opportunity for modern test subjects. I still think you are the coolest mom ever for keeping those scores from your kids. I feel as if you are doing them a favor, placing your own ego aside and thinking of your child's best interest. What an awesome concept! smile

2. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think people have changed to a more more "scientific" outlook that is what the test makers see as being intelligent.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image91
          Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They may be more intelligent, but have less common sense.

1. Greek One profile image63

but most of us bathe more often, and use indoor plumbing now

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
              Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

so we have less common scents as well.

1. Greek One profile image63

very well played.. you should be a writer smile

2. rmcrayne profile image92
      rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not me.  Like Pooh, I'm a bear with a very small brain.  smile

17. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 12 years ago

I was tested when I was younger, and it was 137...pretty sure having kids knocked it down a few pegs...lol

18. thomasgriffen profile image60
    thomasgriffenposted 12 years ago

I was 132 on the last test that i took... *pats self on back*

19. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I would suggest not putting much faith in online tests, most of them a re not validated and many up biased to overestimate for various reasons (they often leave out the block and card tests). A formal IQ should be done using one of the recognized and large-scale validated tests.

1. thomasgriffen profile image60
      thomasgriffenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

no you're WRONG!!!! I'm super smart... and I only took the online test...
      *pats self on back adamantly*

20. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 12 years ago

161 before children - I am guessing it is closer to 60 now. tongue

((lol))

21. classicalgeek profile image81
    classicalgeekposted 12 years ago

I was tested by a psychiatrist about twenty years ago. At that time it was not quite good enough for the Prometheus society, but very close (on another day I might have made it).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)