- Education and Science»
- Elementary, Middle School & High School
How to Help Your Kids Overcome Assignments
Homework Help, Vital to Child Learning
Homework or also known as assignment is part of the learning process your kids should go through in school. The homework handed by their teachers can be punishing at times it tends to increase and becomes more difficult as the school calendar progresses. It is normal for your kids to feel wearisome and worrisome for homework can be a pain in the neck when not properly handled. Homework can be tiring at times but this school requirement have a lot of benefits so as to speak. It gives your kids a follow-up with the lesson he has just learned and homework is built to help your kids master previous topics. Homework can be a gauge if you are keeping an eye to your children constantly with their performance, by trying to help out and assess how fast or how slow your kids is absorbing and learning by heart what was being discussed in their classroom. Homework can also encourage your children to learn values in life that can be useful in obtaining success later in life. Homework can teach your children learn important values such as determination (fighting spirit to keep on going), persistence (ability not to wilt under pressure), hard work (doing things the hard way can be tiresome yet rewarding at the end) and essence of bonding with parents (homework can be a bridge that will constantly link parents and their kids). With the given homework you will be able to know the quality of service the teachers and the school is providing.
Here are some practical tips to help your kids overcome the rigors of making homework.
1. Homework may seem endless, but as soon as you start teaching your kids how to work well with them by helping themselves (of course with your guidance when necessary), your kids will be glad to finish the difficult ones.
2. Do not rush, and inculcate this to your kids. To do this however you and your kids needs a great ounce of patience. Let your kids read thoroughly what is being asked. Knowing the problem well, will help your kids understand what he is doing and soon enough reinforce (if need necessary) the answers your kids will provide, otherwise give him praise when he gets the correct answer.
3. Carrot-Horse Approach. You may give rewards like small items for a job well done and give praises to small ones to motivate your kids well. Pampering is too much already, little things will do otherwise, the learning process will be mechanical if he will just do his tasks at the expense of receiving rewards.
4. Always remind your kids of great attributes that he needs to overcome homework, such as patience, perseverance and the likes, for this things will help him succeed in the near future. This way your kids knows where he is heading to. Remember that walking without direction can be confusing and tiresome.
5. When dealing with Mathematics. Do this simple tips: (a) Patience is the key, your kid needs constant solving all the time, additionally, your kids or even you cannot be good in Math overnight. (b) Mathematical maturity can be earned by constant practice. Exposure to different types of math problems, laws, formulas, strategies and techniques will help your kids obtain experience that will sure enhance the maturity of your kids mathematically. Bear in mind that Math is important to your kids' progress in learning and even in adulthood. Mathematics will not only help your kid compute and solve problems, it also develops logic reasoning, and decision making skills of your children. (c) Encourage your kids to love what he is doing, that is, solving problems given in Math, a disinterested kids will never learn by heart what he is doing, worse he is just memorizing solutions or getting familiar with some patterns. Solving math problems should be done spontaneously and naturally and there is no short-cut, your child should go through constant solving and understanding important concepts. (d) The good thing about Math is when your kid learn something from this, it is most likely that it will be implanted to your kids' minds, even for a lifetime and if he forgets the things he just learned a simple review will help him retrieve what he had learned with relative ease.
6. Be creative and resourceful. You can make flashcards for younger kids, you may use relevant educational CDs, and do other things that will make learning out of the box experience, very pleasant and even cheaper too. Your kids will surely appreciate as you get their attention all throughout and they will realize the term "frugal". This is also a great way of bonding with your kids well...
My 28th Hub in the HubChallenge (Third Batch)...
My third contribution to the Weekly HubMob...
Happy Hubbing Hubbers with Your Hubs....
- Effective Tips to Raise Children With Special Needs and Disabilities
The disposition of children with disabilities or the so called special children is indeed bothering and sometimes makes their respective parents heart bleeds. Forget about the enormous energy...
- How to Boost the Child's Eating Habits
How do you get kids to eat vegetables? It is bothersome that your kid is picky with the foods he eats, for he missed out in extracting Vitamins and minerals his body needs in absorbing the much-needed...
- How to Protect Your Child's Eyesight or Vision
When the weekend approaches expect your children to hang about in your home, as they will watch their favorite cartoon shows on your television, or play with their computers or PSP. However, if your...