- Family and Parenting»
How to Teach Your Child to Value Good Behavior
Your children misbehave because they want to convey message that they are important too. According to Rudolf Dreikurs, misbehavior may fall under one of the four categories below:
- Children misbehave because they want to obtain attention. Your children are attempting to have a sense of belonging and they are trying to extract your attention to them, or in other words, they wanted to get noticed.
- Children misbehave because they want to obtain attention. Your children are trying to be important to you and would want to acquire sense of belonging by drawing the attention to them, in other words they wanted that their presence is felt.
- Children misbehave as a form of retaliation. Children this way tries to avenge for the lack of importance or loss of sense of belonging.
- Children misbehave because of they perceive their inadequacies or low self-worth. Children react this way because of perceived loss of importance and as a result they will simply give up.
- How to Teach Your Kids to Make Good Choices
Providing children choices can have a great impact on their very young lives. When children are given the privilege of joining in decision-making course of actions especially with their academic paths, their...
Keep in mind that children that misbehave imply that he or she is discouraged and his or her self-esteem already decimated. To solve this problem you must able to provide your children with tender encouragement. Motivation to enable them to get rid of bad behaviors should be done in amicable, caring and respectful manner especially when the misbehavior displayed by the children is caused by retaliation or perceived inadequacy.
Stern punishments will just make the problems worse as it will trample their rights and dignity and will just sow resentments and revenge and/or will let them have the feeling of worthlessness.
On the other hand too much reward will also thump their dignity and inhibits lack of trust.
- How to Teach Your Kids Problem-Solving Skills
When a child has a problem, he may also think that he himself as a prey. Every child calls for an upbeat means of mulling over about his struggles and troubles so that he can whip out concrete solutions to...
You might be interested in:
- How to Stop Bullying Bullies
Bullying in school is common in Asia, and its a pity if one of your kids is the one getting the insults or other forms of provocations that could stimulate fistfight which will of course favor the tormentor...
- Effective Tips to Raise Children With Special Needs and Disabilities
The disposition of children with disabilities or the so called special children is indeed bothering and sometimes makes their respective parents heart bleeds. Forget about the enormous energy...
- How to Boost the Child's Eating Habits
How do you get kids to eat vegetables? It is bothersome that your kid is picky with the foods he eats, for he missed out in extracting Vitamins and minerals his body needs in absorbing the much-needed...
- How to Protect Your Child's Eyesight or Vision
When the weekend approaches expect your children to hang about in your home, as they will watch their favorite cartoon shows on your television, or play with their computers or PSP. However, if your...