List ways to STOP immigration to USA (aside from building an airtight dome) How

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (88 posts)
  1. Austinstar profile image85
    Austinstarposted 7 years ago

List ways to STOP immigration to USA (aside from building an airtight dome) How would YOU limit it?

No president or army has EVER prevented immigration to the USA (much to the detriment of the Native Indigenous People of this land). Trump's wall isn't going to stop drones, airplanes, hot air balloons, or tunnels. Deportation of millions isn't going to happen either. So what are some actual, feasible ways to limit immigration to the USA and protect our VAST borders? Can you come up with some REAL ways to tackle this issue? HINT - MOST immigrants are from Europe!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12981937_f260.jpg

2. lovemychris profile image75
    lovemychrisposted 7 years ago

Stop hiring them. Elect a Republican, everyone will run! Change the whole reason for being of the USA. Explain the truth--you're only good for one thing; making rich bankers money.

Austinstarposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I would prefer to see some serious solutions here. I know it will never happen, but I might write about it.

2. Misfit Chick profile image76
      Misfit Chickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That might be a really good idea, AS. I don't think people even know what the potential solutions could even be. What, you didn't like my Anarchy idea? LoL! smile

3. RJ Schwartz profile image87
      RJ Schwartzposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I hear the Koch brothers are going to support Hillary Leslie....what's your take on that???

4. lovemychris profile image75
      lovemychrisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

He said " if her actions are different than her rhetoric" which they arent. But honestly, he's like a lot of r's that see Trumpy  or Tedrina as the choice....I mean, come onnnnn. A billionaire tv star, or a radical dominionist. Hooboy. tweedledee/dum

5. RJ Schwartz profile image87

Skirting the answer Leslie?  You griped about Koch for years, now they are on your candidates doorstep and you don't even has the decency to be outraged instead projecting on the R candidates....

6. lovemychris profile image75

Outaged? I totally get it! They're not alone, either. But as you know, she said she didn't want their endorsement. They are climate change deniers and trying to prevent people from voting. She said thanks but no thanks. So why should it bother me?

3. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12982132_f260.jpg

The primary reason we have illegal immigration in this country is because undocumented workers come here for better income opportunities.
    Our efforts to stop this have failed because the focus has been on stopping the illegal immigrants instead of stopping the people who break the law by hiring them! (Both parties break the law.)
    However the businesses only get a slap on the wrist if anything. It's the equivalent of only going after drug users and not their dealers.
    Leslie McCowen has a good point.
    The government needs to stop it's "wink-wink" policies of saying one thing and looking the other way. Basically the system we have in place now is it's illegal to come over here without documentation BUT if you can find a way to get here there's a job waiting for you!
    Maybe if we switched the emphasis from persecuting the illegal aliens and instead severely punished those who hire them with high fines of several thousand dollars and jail time for company officers we'd probably see a (real) difference.
    Take away the "opportunity" and you reduce the incentive to come here. The pressure needs to be applied to U.S. citizens./companies.

Employers have responsibilities under immigration law during the hiring process. The employer sanctions provisions, found in section 274A of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), were added by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1996.

There's an easy way around that. Pay them under the table. One kid who came over here on hb1 visa just quit and left..word has it he's a hand on a big rig. Married an American ($5,000). In like Flynn. Money makes it ALL happen. Laws be damned.

3. dashingscorpio profile image81
      dashingscorpioposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Leslie is correct. Paying them under the table is very common.
      Austinstar it's naïve to believe employers are obeying the law. If they did there would be far less illegal immigration!
      Why come here if you can't get a job? You wouldn't!

4. Austinstar profile image85

So, the problem is enforcement then? Our police, INS, and politicians aren't doing their jobs. We need to fire them. Btw, i think it's  time to stop ALL immigration!

5. dashingscorpio profile image81

Stopping all forms of immigration is completely un-American. Immigrants are what made America what it is. Would you make it against the law to fall "in love" with someone from another country thus forbidding their spouse to live in the U.S.?

6. Austinstar profile image85

Therre is no need for anybody to immigrate to another country. There is desire to do so, but not need. Immigration ruined this country and I don't see why people don't realize this. We need to clean house, OUR house! It's where we live.

7. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The difficult part for me to understand is why they come here and immediately try to transform this country to be like the place they left.  Why didn't they just stay where they were if they like that life?

8. dashingscorpio profile image81

It's a matter of perception being reality for people.
      Thousands of towns across the country don't have the problems the media & cable news report.
      People who are happy with {their personal lives} are usually less pessimistic about the country.

9. Austinstar profile image85

I'm quite happy with my personal life. Trying to change the subject doesn't change the fact that Immigration nearly wiped out Native Americans and continues to erode this country to this day.

10. moneymindit profile image60
      moneyminditposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What would you do if your house was invaded by outsiders?  Then your invaders do not want others to invade them? This is what happened in this country. The natives were here first. We all know what happened next.

11. profile image0

Everyone in favor of large scale immigration needs to watch this video.  It pretty well tells the story.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

4. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 7 years ago

I'm not completely clear if you are talking about legal or illegal immigration so will address both.

There are several things that need to happen, the first being to get our legal immigration system and policies back in order.  Legal immigration is not only very expensive, but is a long frustrating battle for those who choose to immigrate legally.  There have been people who have actually passed away before their application for legal immigration was processed.  But that is strictly dealing with legal immigration.

This same flawed immigration system is largely at fault for the high levels of illegal immigration we see today.   We have growers who are desperate for labor to get their crops harvested.  At one time we had a system that while not perfect worked quite well.  It was called the "Bracero" program and worked something like this.  The growers would submit a request for the number of workers they needed, and how many weeks or months they needed them for.  The workers, mostly from Mexico would register for work and would be assigned to a particular location for the term of the contract.  When the contract was over they would return to Mexico.

Labor contractors were responsible for their transportation, housing, and food.  They were also held responsible for the workers return to Mexico when the contract ended.  This was a win/win solution to a problem that is still a big issue today but it was shut down for reasons I am not aware of.

Some think these "guest" workers were paid slave wages but that was not true in most cases.  They were paid piece work and many made really good money during the time they were here.

The biggest abusers were the labor contractors themselves.  To be a labor contractor one had to be Politically connected to get the permit.  I'm sure there was some graft and corruption involved in the process.  The labor contractors ran little stores where they charged outrageous prices for things like alcohol, tobacco, work gloves, hats, etc..

Some blame employers for hiring illegals as the root cause for illegal immigration.  Here in Arizona, all employers are required to use the Federal E-Verify program prior to hiring anyone.  That is an online system that gives the employer an instant go/no-go on each and every applicant.  When I had my business I even had to run a E-Verify check on my own son's when I hired them.  Failure to use this E-Verify system can result in a $10,000 fine, but I have yet to hear of anyone having to pay.

It appears that sanctions on employers are not working. And most immigrants (legal) are coming in from Europe. We need to find a solution soon. It's the only thing I agree with Trump on - a moratorium on ALL immigration (not just Muslims).

I don't agree with that at all. Because there are 2 sides to this. It's really true that sometimes workers just don't exist. Vacation areas routinely hire out for Summer help. What American can live on a seasonal income? Legal is expensive. Save $.

3. moneymindit profile image60

Watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90U2IqXEvSM  A Native American tells white people that they are the illegal immigrants. How do you respond?

4. lovemychris profile image75

This place will continue to reap what we have sown until the last farthing is paid, that's what I think. Asking for forgiveness is far more important than closing the borders, imo.

5. Austinstar profile image85

Forgiveness for what? What's done is done and can't be undone. We need to look out for our future!

6. lovemychris profile image75

Future more of the same. Don't you know there was a curse put on this place? Until we are forgiven, the curse won't be lifted. Actions create reactions. That will never change.

7. Austinstar profile image85

"Curses" belong in the category of superstitious nonsense. Sorry, but curses have nothing to do with mass immigration and the destruction of our natural resources. We need to be smarter and be costodials of the land, not rapists of the land.

8. lovemychris profile image75

Funny, that's part of the reason we've been cursed. It's not only humans that count around here. We have MUCH to atone for.

9. profile image0
      Hxprofposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Folks, the whole native American thing is getting really old.  It was what it was, Americans at that time treated Indians poorly.   Now to today...we need to secure our freakin' borders, end of discussion. There's no "curse" on the US.

10. Austinstar profile image85

Well said, hxprof! The native americans have recently pardoned us in so far as they are able to do so. It's time to concentrate on being good custodians of our homes and politely invite other nations to take care of their selves also.

5. jobsmart profile image60
    jobsmartposted 7 years ago

The u.s should ensure peace and security to warton countries and help to improve economic prospects in poor countries..

Why should we do that? We can't even protect and support our own citizens?

6. tamarawilhite profile image85
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

* End birthright citizenship, so many illegal immigrants don't bring their spouses to have kids here to secure citizenship for them.
    * End the HB1 visa program and Obama's L1 program that said you can hire HB1 via holders' spouses. For Americans with degrees in STEM, employment in the field is less than 60%. Major firms like Tata only use it to undercut American wages.
    * Copy Mexico's immigration laws. Mexico's immigration rules include permitting citizen's arrest of suspected illegal immigrants and deportation if you cannot support yourself. Oh, and Mexico has a wall on ITS southern border, too.

Mexico's southern border is quite small compared to ours. And yet, central americans still get in to Mexico. The Belize/Quintana Roo border is practically non-existant. And Cuba is only 30 miles from the unfenced peninsula. So, what wall?

Ok, so what do hotels/restaurants/stores do who need help just for 4 months?Americans can't work only summer-college kids can, but every business in this area hires out. Jamaicans, Eastern Europeans, Dominican Republic, etc.And kids pay flight,living

3. Austinstar profile image85

I'm the one looking for answers here. The BIGGEST problem is that the USA is the GREATEST country in the world and everyone thinks they are entitled to come here! We need to stop that sort of thinking!

4. profile image0

I'm with Autinstar on this.  We need to close the gate until such time we have taken care of all of our own citizens.  We especially need to provide better care for our vets.  They are who gave you most of the freedoms you enjoy every day.

EXACTLY! The country one is born into is the country that WE should be concerned with. All foreigners need not apply. They DESIRE to apply, but the NEED is not there! We NEED to care for our own people!

6. profile image0

It's like this.  If you could barely feed your own family why would you invite more people to come live in your house?  We are currently not feeding our own family.

7. lovemychris profile image75

We have spent 7 billion on the "war" with Daesh. If we are not feeding our families, it's because we dont want to. We are swimming in money. Where it goes and who has it is the problem. Just like the silly 15 minimum wage. 15 is not livable. Hoarders

8. profile image0

Leslie - You missed the point of my comment.  Think of it like it was your own home we are talking about and it might make sense to you.  Government waste is a completely different subject even though it applies to most every problem we have.

9. lovemychris profile image75

Well, I agree some people are coming here for nefarious means, but i think members of our own gvt are behind it. What we need is not available; honest brokers in 100% of what we do. And, if we close borders to everyone, that will include my grandpa!

10. profile image0

Leslie, We need to close the door until our current immigration system is fixed.  Right now we have little or no control over who is coming into our country.  Then we could open the door to let your grandpa in.

11. Austinstar profile image85

Isn't your grandpa already in? I'm not talking about getting rid of who is here, just closing the doors! We're full!

12. profile image0

Austinstar - Your right there is a big difference between just closing the door to more immigrants and deporting those who are already here.  I agree completely with closing the door at least until we have better control.

13. moneymindit profile image60

What would the natives say?

14. profile image0

I don't know.  Why don't you tell us what they would say.

15. Austinstar profile image85

Thay can't say much about it anymore because most Native Americans are dead. And current Americans need to stop this mass immigration NOW!

16. lovemychris profile image75

Yes my grandpa was here, he's dead now. But had the wall been up, he may not have been, and suffered under Stalins purges, or been a peasant slave laborer and died young. His parents sent him HERE. It's part of who we are. I don't want to see it die.

17. Austinstar profile image85

Stopping immigration is important. Yes, we have allowed it to go on far too long. We are at the point now that continuing to support constant immigration will be the death of "our country".

7. lions44 profile image94
    lions44posted 7 years ago

I still believe that helping Mexico become a first world nation is the best way to limit immigration.  And that includes helping Central America as well. We already give a lot of aid to them (a lot of it military/drug interdiction), but a real Marshall Plan-like operation is what's needed.

It is very hard to reach middle class status in Latin America. Why not help it along with massive economic aid? It will be money well spent.  Getting wages up to Western standards should be a priority. This directly affects workers in the U.S. and Canada.

Mexico has already started reforming their oil industry.  Legal changes could help property rights and other issues. It will take years, but taking a long-term approach gets us closer to a permanent solution.

Did you miss the part on the map that shows the bulk of immigrants come from Europe? And Asia is close behind that. Mexicans are moving back home in droves. The USA is NOT the "open house" of the world, or it shouldn't be.

2. lions44 profile image94
      lions44posted 7 years agoin reply to this

The immigrants from Europe and those that come through Europe (mostly from Eastern Eur. & Russia) don't need the economic lift up that so many of the poor from Latin America do.  Same w/many Asian refugees.

8. Misfit Chick profile image76
    Misfit Chickposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12987964_f260.jpg

I'm a bit of an Anarchist. I don't think we really need governments OR borders (although it think it is important to maintain cultural distinctions).

It is governments (or their lack of ability to protect their people) that people are usually trying to get away from. Heck, people from the US leave for that reason. (I've known a few of those types, ha!) And unfortunately, our entire world is really messed up.

But, I think people can come together within communities and take care of whatever needs to be taken care of as a group (with appointed 'leaders' to head things up and keep them organized) without governments.

That, and immigrants don't enter this country with the intention of becoming a burden to it. No matter what you believe, they don't. They come here because they believe they can create a better life for themselves and/or their families - and even contribute to this country.

From what I can see, so many problems could be solved if we just got rid of all the governments (yeah, there might be a hairy adjustment phase if it were to happen suddenly). I think we would be amazed at how well we can really take care of ourselves; and not think twice about a few extra people moving in or out.

Yes, they are coming here to better themselves. We are a great country :-) But, i do contend that these people should work where they are and strive to better their own country! We need a better world!

2. profile image0

I like the way you think.  Getting rid of government is a great idea.

3. Misfit Chick profile image76

I think so, too - especially if all of them get gone. Then, Mexicans et all can take their communities into their own hands and maybe not need to come up here as much. Heck, we might even be able to HELP each other easier, LoL!

9. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 7 years ago

My solution is harsh, and will be met with extreme malice and prejudice from multiple factions.  The border wall and the newly developed tunnel destroying system being tested currently by the Israelis in conjunction with armed robotic towers that shoot anything moving in the zone augmented with US Military forces on the border.  The coast guard ramped up to include authorized shoot to kill guard boats heavily positioned in hot spots.  Send a message to illegals that they will be summarily executed if they attempt to cross our borders - a pile of dead bodies will end illegal crossings real quick.  Close the borders to all legal immigration through government action - stop issuing documents.  Put green card or visa violators in solitary confinement in tent city Arizona - make it real clear that even if you are a college student or family that breaking the law has its consequences.  If you commit a crime as an illegal then it's solitary confinement or hard labor for a long time.  We need to be immediate and harsh in the application of these laws.  A clear message says a lot - stay out if you don't belong.

1. lovemychris profile image75

I just found out that a man I worked with for years is here illegally.Should I report my old boss for letting him work for him?Should my old boss be in tent city, too?We'd need a whole city just for employers who use illegal labor.Or do we slap?

2. profile image0

Ralph, I like the spirit of your suggestion.  For years I've thought that doing something like this would do the trick.  We can even issue a warning, months in advance, that this is what we're going to do, giving people a chance to leave/stop coming.

3. RJ Schwartz profile image87

Also eliminate anchor babies - coming here to have a kid should be disallowed

4. Misfit Chick profile image76

Certainly your idea has a great potential to work. But, much like torture for enemy prisoners - it is an unacceptible solution. Many of us would rather take the long way around to this solution until we find a better one, sorry. smile

I hate to think of such a harsh world. If only there were a way to change ideology without using the threat of hell, er, death and violence. If only we had a way of working together as a species.

6. RJ Schwartz profile image87

World politics are shifting toward nationalism - You may disagree with it or perceive it as going backwards, but its happening.  The New World Order and Global Society concepts are not going to work at this point in time

7. Misfit Chick profile image76

That is because of the deep divisions that governments intentionally cultivate between people. When chaos breaks out, people will INSIST on more a controling national military structure bc 'we supposedly need it'. More manipulation. Neat. smile

8. lovemychris profile image75

Helllerrr, walling people in and using them as slave labor IS the NWO. Or killing people off who's land they want. Building a wall is the symbol of the NWO. Trapped, and obey. You wont be helping America, you'll be snuffing her out. Imo

9. Austinstar profile image85

What in the HELL is wrong with wanting to defend our own country from 'invaders'? Why does everyone want to move here? Just stop it! There is no more room at the inn!

10. RJ Schwartz profile image87

A-men - these invaders need repelled at the gates with extreme prejudice.  The NWO will be the end of freedom and the beginning of a long period of darkness unless everyone stands up and says up yours to the global elitists

11. lovemychris profile image75

The invaders are working in the gvt. You didn't do one thing to stop them. NOW you want to get tough? Day late, dollar short.

12. Austinstar profile image85

We don't have immigrants working in government, at least not in power or leadership positions. We elect Americans. Or are you one of those that think Obama is Kenyan? I vote American. I also write to congress and support America first laws.

13. RJ Schwartz profile image87

Must be the Muslim Brotherhood in government she's referring to - I wrote a hub on it a while back

14. lovemychris profile image75

Nope, it's the neo con zionists. Dual citizens in high levels. I think you'll find them in every country that is having immigration problems. Maybe you think ms13 just came randomly during Bush. But then, you believe 19 idiots outdid the US military.

15. profile image0

Yeah, it's the neocon zionist conspiracy.  We're back to blaming Jews or those who support the existence of Israel.  Preposterous.

16. Misfit Chick profile image76

The NWO will be the end of freedom and the beginning of a long period of darkness unless... And you're falling into their hands with your rhetoric as much as anyone else, Ralph & AS. They aren't 'invaders', they are manipulated like the rest of u

17. lovemychris profile image75

It's the treatment of Palestine I object to. Going on freely for 60+ years, due to the power of zio control. You may excuse it, I do not. And i object to my tax dollars paying for it. Ask yourself who you may not criticize- -that's who rules you.

10. Billrrrr profile image82
    Billrrrrposted 7 years ago

China, Mexico and India are the origin countries of most legal immigrants in recent years; not Europe as you state.  In earlier days Western Europe - not Eastern - was a prime source of immigration. Think Italy and Ireland for example.  Immigration certainly was detrimental to the native peoples of North America in 1620 when the Mayflower marauders tried to squat on Cape Cod. A powerful group of Wampanoag people was probably the reason that the Europeans left Provincetown and settled in at Plymouth Plantation.  If the Native Americans of the 1600s had been a homogeneous, unified nation perhaps they would have been able to stop the massive influx of Europeans.  I believe there were about 10,000 Native Americans in what is now called New England during this period.  The ranks of the first few hundred Euro settlers soon were quickly swollen by countless more ships.  By 1670 or so, there were more than 50,000 Europeans and probably less than 10,000 native people.  In the early days of the 13 colonies and later the United States, immigration was needed to fill the land and fuel the economy.  In the 2000s the nation may be full enough but immigration is still needed.  It helps keep the economy stimulated and it keeps the nation in constant regeneration.  New people, new ideas, and fresh minds are one of the chief keys of the success of the  United States.  IMMIGRATION IS NOT THE PROBLEM...AND NEITHER IS ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.  There have always been illegal immigrants.  Over time they generally are assimilated into the fabric of the country.  Fear of terrorists has prompted the calls for increased scrutiny of immigrants and for reducing the flow of illegals.  The country probably should increase oversight and be more vigilant; but should never, never seek to stop or even drastically limit immigration, for it is the fuel that keeps the United States of America burning brightly as a torch to light the way for the rest of the world. I may have gotten a little carried away with that last sentence, but I believe it to be true.

1. lovemychris profile image75

That last sentence is absolutely correct. If not for USA, many people would simply suffer and die. And given that our military/business fingers are in every little pie-we are the cause of a lot of the desperation that sends people here.Not all, a lot

2. Austinstar profile image85

No, we are not nomads anymore. That reason for moving to find greener grass has long since stopped being a thing. The world population needs to clean up its act!

11. profile image54
    peter565posted 7 years ago

In Taiwan immigrants make up 5% of the citizen population, if you include their children who are born here, they make up 10% of the population. The immigration policy there, is very different from the US, foreigners can only come into the country on a working visa, tourst visa or student visa, alternatively if your partner is a Taiwan citizen you can have a visa to stay in the country, as long as your partner lives here. Those who can gain a Visa must have no criminal record

Those who has a Taiwan citizen as spouse, can apply for citizenship for three years, other people who hold a visa and lived here for 5 years, can apply for citizen, if they paid over a certain amount of money in tax or have a university qualification, the rest must stay for over 10 years. Those who apply must have no criminal record

You must pass a citizen exam, including madarine (speaking, listening, reading and writing) Taiwan history, Taiwan geography and constitution.  (Honestly, I use to get F at geography in school, so, I wonder whether I would pass the test, if I have to take it?)

Maybe this is a system the US can reference, to only let the good people that are useful to the US in and keep the bad people out and those who are only here to take social welfare check

There is no test to tell whether someone is a "good" immigrant, or a "bad" one. The point is to WORK FROM HOME! The grass is NOT greener in another country and we are not nomads anymore.

12. chasmac profile image91
    chasmacposted 7 years ago

You want to stop ALL immigration, both illegal and legal, but isn't a certain amount of legal immigration necessary? For us in Britain, immigration is also a hot topic. Leaving aside illegal immigration, and humanitarian immigration, we have legal immigrants from all over the world (including from the USA), but it's generally accepted that legal immigration is a good thing overall as legal immigrants who come to work here make a valuable contribution to our economy.
    As far as I'm concerned, they also make a valuable contribution to our culture - Jimi Hendrix being my favourite example to quote. (I hope you don't want to stop emigration, too, as we could do with more like him, especially these days.)
    A few years ago, a friend in London, who is a fully qualified nurse responded to an ad in a nursing magazine about a job offer in Texas. She was welcomed with open arms. Why? Obviously there was a local shortage of qualified nurses at the time, and they had to look further afield. I can imagine the response your suggestion that would-be legal immigrants should stay and fix their own country would have been met with: "What? You think I can fix this God-awful English weather?"
    Seriously though, control legal immigration as much as necessary, but don't stop it completely. When done right, it's a win-win result.

I wonder how many Native Americans would say that immigration is a good thing? You could still have all the Jimi Hendrix you want, he doesn't need to live in England. The weather is bad here too. No it isn't win win at all.

I agree chasmac. I would hate it if we were cut off from the rest of the world. The fact that we gather here is what makes it so fantastic. Remember, natives welcomed the whites until the intent was made clear. Who is here to take over now??

3. Austinstar profile image85

I never said we should "cut off" the rest of the world. The internet is worldwide! Lots of good things come from other countries. That's why we should make our OWN countries great!

13. days leaper profile image60
    days leaperposted 7 years ago

Hmmm. ^( Flippantly). When all those nukes are running out again. You could try planting them around the country in all the towns and cities. Setting them off will cause the whole country to be uninhabitable. So noone will want to go there! Solved...  Trump or Clinton. What a choice. In as bad a way as UK for such choice it seems.

14. Tusitala Tom profile image66
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

To lessen the desire of people wanting to leave what they now have - in whatever country they live - to go to another land where they think they will have a better life, one needs to make their own countries as prosperous, free, and have as many advantages as the countries people want to go to.   You could say, 'equal things up.'

How to do this?   That's the big, BIG problem.   It's a moral one, of course.   Matter of love, trust, and generosity.

The obvious answer is spend all those trillions of dollars the prosperous nations spend on maintaining huge armies, navies and air-forces, along with all the supporting manufactures and services on things more beneficial.   The old "turn swords into ploughshares" quote.   That's Part One

Part Two:Make sure that the rest of the world is getting the benefits derived from curtailing all this waste of human resources and energies.  Distribution of all the benefits so that no nation is deemed more favorable to live in that another from the economic and freedom points of view.

But until people stop fearing others, it will be a long, long road before these two steps will be taken.

Excellent answer! At least some people understand the issue! Maybe these suggestions will take root somewhere and eventually this kind of thinking will prevail.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)