Is the dead really dead?

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (213 posts)
  1. profile image52
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

To understand death, we first have to understand life. Life is the Bible states, And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2: 7 So, life is body + breath= a living soul.

what then is death body (flesh) - breath ( the Holy Spirit ) = death. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. Ecclesiastes 12:3 The body goes to dust and the Holy spirit goes back, because the Holy Spirit is God. James 2-26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
    Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: If the spirit is man living soul in heaven, then man existed before he was created. But, we know that's not true because scripture says man became a living soul. Job 14-12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens [be] no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. 21His sons come to honour, and he knoweth [it] not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth [it] not of them.

YES!!!!!!

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes the souls is immortal and cannot die.

"Energy can neither be created or be destroyed,so what happens to theta energy which manifests us at the moment of death."
        death is the door to another dimension where one is a lot more alive than he s in the body.

2. lucieanne profile image68
        lucieanneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So what are you suggesting, that there is no re-incarnation,and that our energy goes on to a different realm?

Both are possible.
          If you have any desires you will materialize yourself again, if you don't have desires you will stay with God.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image66
            ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

interesting...the Will to create is associated with passion (with shiva) and so when you transcend that, you will be all mind and no form.

We all come from the source also called Shiva or Jevovah or Allah.
              Its our desires which make us materialize, man is god.
              Thoughts are the building blocks of this universe -Buddha

"When we finally come to our sense we never return to this material world ,this painful playground we mistakenly call home." Krisha

:Unto Allah is your return and he is able to do all things" Holy Quran

"I am thy shield and thy exceeding great reward" holy Bible

Any desire will have pain involved with it.,we are in hell,our true home is the Light or god a state of absolute bliss.
              No form, no beginning and no end,beyond time. smile

By the way I like you a lot smile

Will is the body, the Will to separate from the ALL. It provides us self-determination. But the body, in the way it is formed goes against the current of the ALL, and movement itself is painful.

When we run, our bodies evolved to ease the pain by producing pleasure chemicals. SO they say, running makes you feel better. The serotonin is numbing the pain of your joints crashing onto your legs and the impact of the hard ground on your fragile system.

To be alive is to feel pain because nerves are all about pain. Pain is just feedback. SO when you feel pain, you are in fact getting feedback and the thing to do is respond to remove the pain. To stop the feedback. But without transcendence, you will be lost in that pain and immobilized.

And thanks for liking me, interesting what happens when you put a face to mouth. lol

1. profile image0
                  Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Serotonin is a compound (a mixture) that restricts blood vessels and acts as a neurotransmitter.
                  The neurotransmitter is released at the end of a nerve fiber when a nerve impulse comes across it, and the N.T. spreads across the gap and causes the transfer of the impulse to another nerve fiber.  Serotonin does not numb or ease pain. If anything it makes things felt more.

Oh really? wow I didn't know that. So that net effect would be what? More pain on the joints after running, Deborah?

Sometimes you are too funny.

So I suppose this raw data is wrong.
                    http://www.painjournalonline.com/articl … 6/abstract

2. ceciliabeltran profile image66

Deborah Sexton said "The Will is not the body. The will is of the mind. It is intention, power, and desire."

Will created the body.

It is at the very beginning of HaTorah. It is HaErets. The material form that desires to unite with Hashamayim, that started it all. Generating HaAwr and separating from Hachoshech creating dimension-- form.

(Are you familiar with the Kabbalah teaching that at the beginning, G-d moved, contracting and creating a vacuum. It is Luria's)

That is what I meant. But you know other people who have studied the esoteric know that. It is common knowledge in the theosophical circles.

3. mohitmisra profile image60

Serotonin is the liquid between the synapses of nerve ends,the liquid instrument for transmitting .This liquid gets distorted with some drugs like magic mushroom which lead st hallucinations.

2. profile image0
              Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

nice smile, Ceci!

Thanks James, my husband says it softens the knowitallism. lol

1. Shil1978 profile image87
                  Shil1978posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a new type of 'ism.' Never come across that one (knowitallism). Think I'd be using this 'ism' more often here in the forums! Describes perfectly many of the folks who hang out here smile

lol there are different kinds.
                    "Those who think they know everything are an annoyance to those of us who do."-physics major's shirt in college lol

2. profile image0

i concur. lol

my brain is a scarwee pwwwace.

But, yes, a lot of the present mystic philosophies are believed to be handed down primarily from Shem and his kin, although some texts show bits of it as far back as Enoch. A change in the philosophy seems to happen at the flood, transitioning from the descendants of Anak (in greek myth Anakim) and Seth or angelic ( malak nephellim ) to the ba`al malak disbursement -and Shem begins. I am re-researching see if it links back.

lol scary places have all these gems hiding inside. you could never get to the treasures unless get pass the haunting of some illusory ghosts.

relaaaaxxxx, I'm not going to poke around any time soon.

2. profile image52
          haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes there is no re-incarnation or energy, the dead know not anything. 1 John 5:9
          If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Re-incarnation was a part of Christian Philosophy but was abolished in order to try to make Christianity a unique philosophy and not a copy of Hinduism.

"You can site next to me in the kingdom off God" Jesus
            Gos is considered as extremely alive ,creator of all things and not dead.

3. profile image52

then the Bible is not true, because it states; Ezekiel 18-20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

metaphorical.

4. Sassypoetic profile image61
        Sassypoeticposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I feel happy to join in on the conversation: We as people should examine our religion to get a clear  understanding of what the Bible really teach...  We are all being pursued by an enemy. The Bible calls death an enemy. For many years I was in disbelief about many things... But I begin praying, asking God to help me to come to know the truth...

Believe me their is the truth.. But many of us are so blind that we can't see the truth.. Or either simply don't care and would rather debate, than gain accutate knowledge..The Bible clearly states if you ask God to help you seek the truth.. the truth will be given to you... When you lose a love one in death, the feelings of helplessness can seem unbearable. Many believe that our dead love ones goes to a spirit realm, or pass through a doorway to immortal life in paradise.. The Bible teaches us something quite different about the dead.. In considering the condition of the dead, we must remember that our original father, Adam, did not have a soul. He was a soul. God formed man - the soul- from the basic elements of earth breathed into him the breath of life... Genesis 2:7.. with that in mind..

What is the force of life? It is a vital spark of life that God put into the lifeless body of Adam. This force was then sustained by the breathing process... Now what about the spirit? .. Psalm 146:4... That verse says of one who dies: His spirit goes out, meaning back to his ground.. in that day his thoughts do perish... The spirit departs from humans at death is the life force that originated with the creator..Psalm 36: 9;... When someone dies, the spirit (life force) ceases.. Remember when God explained this to Adam.. God said: In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground... for out of it you was taken. For dust you are to dust you will return... Gensis 3:19)  The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.. Death was not part of God's purpose for mankind...

1. Sassypoetic profile image61

Let's pause for a moment to consider this: Nobody would need to be resurrected, or brought back to life, if an immortal soul survived death. In fact, it would be no kindness to resurrect someone like Lazarus back to imperfect life on earth if he had already passed on to a wonderful heavenly reward.. Actually the Bible never uses the expression immortal soul.' Instead, the Scriptures say that the sinning human soul does die.
          (Ezekiel 18:4,20)..

We know that God can easily resurrect a person, because he is the Originator of life..... Jesus Christ  Who is God son said... The hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out. .Those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.. John 5: 28,29... Remember when Lazarus had died, Jesus Christ told his disciples: Lazarus has gone to rest, But I am journeying there to awaken him from sleep..John11:11, 14.... Martha, Lazarus sister understood that an immortal soul had departed from the body of Lazarus, which means he had ceased to exist...

if an immortal soul survived death. In fact, it would be no kindness to resurrect someone like Lazarus back to imperfect life on earth if he had already passed on to a wonderful heavenly reward.

This experience is called, enlightenment,satori, moksha, nirvana, samadhi, fanaa to name a few ,this world i huge with many languages Since ages man  from all parts of this planet has come across god and spoken obout god.

1. Sassypoetic profile image61

WOW!!! How sad,  that many of us are given the proven tools we need to understand and worship God in the right way... Yet many continue to ignore his word,   As you  well know... I'm sure you read it ...  there are two roads,  one  leading to eternal life ... and one leading to destruction...  a broad and spacious road...  and a cramped and narrow road.. Many are on that broad and spacious road  to destruction: I won't ask what road you are on.... Keep searching:

Have already gained enlightenment, I am a poet spreading god knowledge.

Its the meaning of being re-born in Christianity.

2. Beelzedad profile image58
                Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Many are on other roads that haven't been mentioned here that have nothing to do with eternal life or destruction. Fortunately, the "cramped and narrow" road you follow is too cramped and narrow for me. smile

You have no idea about the road I follow.

Try meditating,one pointed concentration.You will see how vast it gets.

All paths lead to god,whether you like it or not or understand it.

lol

Would that be any different from the constant flow of posts in which you describe that journey in detail?

Try reading other books rather than just scriptures.

Which god?

roll

3. profile image0

Matthew 7:13-14
                Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I agree with you,nice input  smile

1. profile image0

2. profile image0

When Yahshua/Elijah, or anyone brought people back to mortal life, it says their spirits returned.

There is only one peraon that has been resurrected to eternal life..Yahshua.

We will be in the first or second resurrection.
            So, those who came out of their graves were spirits, because they were not resurrected to eternal life nor to mundane life.

5. profile image52

The give me understanding of this scripture,

Ezekiel 18: 20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

2. profile image0

Nonsense. What kind of new age pseudo spell is this: to understand death we must understand life?
      There is NO death in Life.
      The life you are referencing is eternal life, else a limited passing of life like a tree -which lives 1,000 years or more.
      When you reach that point, then you might say you know life or death.

Can the dead express the things of life? Who can praise from the grave? How should anyone know those things if their brain is no longer processing information, but a mush of glucose and worms.
      Silliness and new age mysticism indeed.

Rise above the Vedic mentality. Embrace the totality, fullness and purity of Life as Life sees you, not as you see life.
      unbelievable how string ba`al worship still is...

Nonsense. You perceive a sensation that makes you believe in yourself and the by-product your Savior and Creator. But in truth, know neither. It would be better if you did not believe at all, and died, than to believe the way you do...

I was a little confused about what the poster meant. And even more confused by your answer. Oh well.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

2. profile image0

Cecilia, I was merely expressing how 'potent' the mentality of such powerful believers is -less than 0.009 centimeters thick.

The Baal mentality is very present in Christianity today -more so than it was in the time of Judaism. Sickening, really. The sickening part is they know there is no human expression in death -but claim through it they can understand life. Especially the Life already given yet do not understand or put into practice. In reality, what they practice, like most illusionists, is slight of hand trickery. Deceiving themselves and then attempting to woo others into that tent revival/circus act. This is why I said it would have been better if they never believed and died than to believe this way.

I do, however, apologize for the harshness of tone with regard to my reply to that poster, but just had a conversation with someone who has this same mentality and calls themselves a minister of faith a spokesman of Creator and his Will.

Livid is not the word.

lol

I see. I was reading the first post and I was like "what?" Read it again. still "what?"

But I get it now. Thanks for explaining. There are many drunken masters out there. But usually my eyes just narrow and I saw "never mind".

2. t.cobbler profile image60
            t.cobblerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well.. all I can say is. I have seen a ghost,specter,spirit,spook. whatever you want to call it. I know it was because I sent him to the morgue not less than an hour before. he walked out his room waved for me to follow. I did not go! I am not of a religious nature. I do know that ther is only one way to find out what is on the other side, and I was gonna keep it that way.

1. profile image52

There is no such thing as a ghost, you have seen a devil acting as a ghost. The Bible is clear
              Revelation 16-13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs [come] out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Hebrews 9:27
              And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

1. Jerami profile image59
                Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Rev. 20:7   And when he 1000 years are expired Satan shall be loosed..
                     20:8And he shall go out to decieve the nations ...Gog and Magog to gather them together to the battle

The sixth vial is poured out after the 1000 years.

Satan, the Beast and false Prophet are still here when the sixth vial is poured out ??

So the beast and false prophet must not have been throw into the lake of fire at the first resurection???

2. lucieanne profile image68

'It would be better if you did not believe at all, and died, than to believe the way you do.'  With respect, just who are you to tell someone what they can or can't believe? Just because you happen to believe in a compilation of stories made up thousands of years ago by a number of very old men doesn't mean you have the right to tell someone that they would be better off dead than not believe what you believe. This is the sort of extreme behaviour that starts wars. and you 'claim' to be a Christian?

1. profile image0

I am not a christian. But nonetheless, here is what text says:

Peter 2.21 (complacency | turning away )
          It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them

Matthew 26.24 (betrayal)
          The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.

James 2.19 ( ba`al mentality | pretending )
          You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.

--so, yes it would be better for them to have never believed and been blameless because of that ignorance than to believe and live falsely. I am sorry such things upset you. But it is a harsh reality. Religion is killing them...

3. mohitmisra profile image60

Consciousness doesnt die, in fact its enhanced on death.
        Go over Vedic Philosophy??
        Its supreme philosophy there is nothing higher or greater than it.

1. profile image0

The Vedic is the ba`al malak belief.

The sons of El --Ba`al: Hadad or Indra, replaced by Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.

so much for supremacy...

Its called divine revelation the Holy Vedas and is supreme philosophy.I never said other philosophies are not supreme.
            Vishnu was the God of the South and then the Aryans invaded Indian ,occupied the North and they called the supreme entity Shiva.

No one can say its copied, I wonder how you do as the Holy Vedas are considered as the most ancient spiritual text.

When you say go over Vedic philosophy,that is not possible as is teaches enlightenment and there is no greater accomplishment for man than to gain
            god knowledge through enlightenment.

4. profile image52

God know everything and he tell us everything

1. profile image0

US??? Who is us? Still your sensation, and not the Truth.
          Your belief and not true faith.
          You words and books, not the Word or true Testimony.

5. profile image52

what do you believe in?

3. Judah's Daughter profile image78
      Judah's Daughterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure why you stated, "If the spirit is man living soul in heaven, then man existed before he was created"???  God says after He created man from the dust, He breathed into him the breath of life.  God (the Holy Spirit) existed before man was created.

Just as Jesus' spirit left His body when He died, He then raised Himself from the dead (for He is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ): John 2:19-21 "Jesus answered them, 'Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.'  The Jews then said, 'It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?'  But He was speaking of the temple of His body."

Rom 8:9 "However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.  If people don't think the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, then God is not the Father of Christ, for Jesus was born of the Holy Spirit: Luke 1:35 "The angel answered and said to her, 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.'"

So, His spirit left His body; He raised Himself from the dead (bodily).  Likewise, our spirits leave our body (2 Cor 5:8), and at the appointed time He will raise us (bodily) from the dead (1 Thes 4:16; Rev 20:5-6) and 2 Cor 4:14 "We know that the one who brought the Lord Jesus back to life will also bring us back to life through Jesus. He will present us to God together with you."  Soul meets body, so-to-speak.

1. profile image52

everyone have the spirt of God, that is the only way they are living

4. wilmiers77 profile image60
      wilmiers77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The dead is dead! God shall raise all from the grave for the final judgement, and many souls shall be destroyed by eternal fires, never to be in the mind of God again.

This part I'll agree with you. However...
        Final judgment? It's a myth.

its a metaphor

2. profile image52

what if you are wrong?If I am wrong the n we just continue on, but , if you are wrong you will be lost forever. think about it?

2. mom101 profile image60
        mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

We all have eternal life. So, no, the dead are not dead.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
      nightwork4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

to me it's quite simple. when you die, your dead. why we need to think that we have a spirit or whatever one may call it is the cause for religion in so many cases. i believe that not wanting to think when we die that it's all over is one of the main reasons people chose to believe in god.

1. profile image52

Because God says there is more, now who are you, think about, God says there more, you say I why do it matter, God says because of you know what that more is you will go on to peace, hope , love and joy.

6. profile image0

The spirit it is speaking of is not the Holy Spirit. It is the spirit God gave to man to animate him. The spirit goes back to God, but it doesn't say when.

1. profile image52

the Spirit is the holy Spirit, live comes through the Holy spirit.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

FFS! roll

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Yep! They're dead alright!
    Gone from this mortal coil, fallen off the perch, stiff as a lizard in Iceland, deceased, no longer living, no longer with us, worm food I tells ya! smile

4. daydreamer13 profile image60
    daydreamer13posted 13 years ago

for now...

5. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Well if they're not dead, it's kind of too late if they're buried 6 feet under.

1. profile image52

if you know God it's never to late, it amaze me that a doctor can take a person brains out of his body and work on it and put it back and the person can live. God can let a person go back to dust and call him by name an no matter where he is he will come back. This is the God I serve.

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's only your imagination.  But if it gives you comfort...?

1. profile image52

you which!!!!!!!

2. profile image0

The reference you made is stating god allows man to be physicians for his glory??? Foolishness. How does a murderer testify to truth?

The spirit is the breath of life, moved through the body and brain to maintain the heaven-earth quality, which man was created to be. You weaken your faith and others with these fantasies. Why? Because you have been taught falsely and so your reward is the same, a fruitless testimony. You continue to testify on behalf of yourself and the books, which is not a true testimony.

1. profile image52

Moses was a murder and God love him with all his heart. I agree The spirit is the breath of life, moved through the body and brain to maintain the heaven-earth quality, which man was created to be. but you done understand what you said. Read and understand, The Holy spirit is the breath of life, moved through the body and brain to maintain the heaven-earth quality, which man was created to be

6. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 13 years ago

Is the sky really blue? Is the grass really green? o.k., o.k. I was being a little sarcastic , yes the dead are truly dead and the spirit leaves a person's body once they pass away.

1. profile image52

What is the spirit, yes I will put this question on line.

1. nightwork4 profile image60
        nightwork4posted 13 years agoin reply to this

the spirit like many other words are a creation man has made to sell religion. our souls is another one. to believe that we can have a soul or a spirit justifies believing in god and takes away some of the fear of death for many.

7. Beelzedad profile image58
    Beelzedadposted 13 years ago

Interesting, can anyone tell me what a soul is? smile

1. Judah's Daughter profile image78

Soul and spirit are tightly intertwined the Bible definitions. "Spirit" means "breath or blast of air" (God is spirit = John 4:24); likewise the scripture states, "[God] breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul". In my hub, "Soul, Spirit, Mind and Heart" I cover this (not to promote my hub, but because it takes study).

So the the definition of the word spirit is "breath"

And the definition of the word soul is "a being"

If that is so, then it appears that neither word has any supernatural connotations at all.

true true. soul is the essence of a being. the name for the thinker with a personality, preferences and such. So when you "sell your soul to the devil". It is a metaphor for you live a lie in exchange for money, power, the love of a beautiful woman. etc.

2. profile image0

The soul would be the mind.
          As for supernatural it is actually not. It is natural to the human being to exercise both along with the body. The word supernatural is the thing in question. No thing can supersede its nature. The true human nature is to be a united spirit-soul entity in a concentrated area called the body.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
            Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not often we agree on something. Mind/no mind.

But - I see you getting "livid" - yup - you are never going to get through using words like "Creator" "Savior" "Soul" etc - they already know what those mean. wink

You know my preferred approach now. Woowoo still thinks she can get through - so I am looking forward to her explaining to Judah's daughter about myths. lol lol

Go. Woowoo, Go!

No I don't. I know I will not. I've talked to Judah before. Her only source is the bible. It's for the lurkers, Mark. It's for other people who bother to read.

2. getitrite profile image71

Yep.

yep too

Okay, so the soul is the air that we breathe.

1. Judah's Daughter profile image78

Your spirit/soul is within you.  A dead person can't breathe the air around him, can he?  His breath (soul/spirit) leaves him when he dies.  The soul/spirit in us gives us life.

1. Beelzedad profile image58

Yes, air gives us life, so why call air the soul when it already has a label? Oxygen and Nitrogen are the main properties of air. smile

2. t.cobbler profile image60
            t.cobblerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK--sooo? If you stand next to a person when they die. do you breathe in their soul, and they live on in you. cause if that happens I'll hold my breath the next time. the soul gives them life? BS. I can guarantee their momma did that. Is ther a soul inside a person? Thats a good debate. I have two x wives, and I dont think eather one of them have a soul. HAAA! Come on! you have to have some realistic views on life and death. I would say it is what it is. here is a thought for ya. Did you exsist before conception?

2. mohitmisra profile image60

Some philosophies equate the souls with the breath, the life force is prana the essence of breath.
          Then some philosophies like the Egyptians believe it is the passage for the soul.
          "You breath being the vehicle pay attention,
          Focus between your eyebrows within intense concentration,
          The will come a deadly confrontation.

3. ceciliabeltran profile image66

That would be the Alef. It's just spirit/breath/wind/strength represented by the ox head. the ox was used to pull the plow. So what spirit meant in those days was "force"

soul on the other hand is greek concept and it is regarded as how we regard the psyche now.

so in relation to the dead. are the dead really dead? yes. what happens to the soul? dunno. what happens to the spirit, well the spirit leaves the body (the breath/wind/strength/force) and becomes part of the forces of the universes....literally.

Ever seen a dying person. They exhale sooooo long and then they get lighter.

That's because their bladders and bowels relax and release. smile

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bottom of a shoe.
      No, wait. My bad.

You mean, like ghosts?

8. ceciliabeltran profile image66
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

The exhalation is called "agonal respiration".

http://jme.bmj.com/content/28/3/164.abstract

As a result of the cessation of breathing,  the body starts to decompose and lose weight and water.

Hence the ancients say that the spirit left the body and returned to G-d. Which is of course just a way of saying life has left and returned to its source. It's a fair observation.

Fair observation:
      "the spirit left the body"
      "life has left"

Irrational assumption:
      "returned to G-d"
      "returned to its source"

wink

it was a reference to the "all" they called the "all" G-d.

Over time, yes. But, not at the point of death.

It's not an observation at all, because there are no gods to observe. smile

oh really? wow! that's bright.

It was merely an observation. wink

such a bright observation. They should make a foundation for you. lol

(zzz)

9. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Indeed, breath is water vapor, sound waves -which is a portion of light. (i.e. water of life, spirit hovering over the waters, spoken light, creation, etc).
    What confuses them is the connection between that breath and their minds/bodies.

Anyone care to guess what the connection is?

ok, james. just say it. lol

1. profile image0

blood.

Blood is the life to the body, carrying the breath.
        Note also that light is filtered in the human mind, which is where images come from. The static pulse at nerve endings -where the blood ends the light energy or breath arcs/transfers -breath motion. The human brain is a transmitter -amp/ohm circuit.

i was going to say the breath oxygenates the blood and animates it. but yeah that works.

10. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

just as dead as that maggot filled possum out there on the road.

11. CMCastro profile image71
    CMCastroposted 13 years ago

Every philosopher, modern and past, wants to explain life vs. death. Only God can explain why life is removed from the physical body at a given time, that is, what determines a predestination of "date of death". It is up to us how well we take care of our physical bodies, especially those who wish to give birth to new life, as well. Some try to preserve dead tissue in laboratories to understand it. I know that the Word of God is true. In the new testament, 1Corinthians chapter 15, verses 47 through 53 tells of what happens to the body when asleep, although in the Greek, means dead, so that the flesh which is corrupt will become incorruptible as it is subject to the Law (meaning sin), but through His Son Jesus (second man) we are saved from eternal death with our new heavenly bodies. Something to think about!

you are in a whole different world, CMCastro.

2. Cagsil profile image70

The New Testament? You're too funny! lol lol lol lol

12. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 13 years ago

4 For as respects whoever is joined to all the living there exists confidence, because a live dog is better off than a dead lion. 5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun.

Ecc.chpt. 9

Dead is dead and nothing more.

13. drabsurd profile image69
    drabsurdposted 13 years ago

yeah, dead is really dead, that's why it's called dead... all presumptions regarding after life judgement or whatever are just human mind products... if you don't think, then you get the real picture... dead is dead.

14. Studio E profile image56
    Studio Eposted 13 years ago

Spell his name out GOD, not G-d what are you afraid of?

smile

People who are so scared of death they are prepared to convince themselves the Invisible Sky Daddy is real which means they need to start telling other people what they should do and accusing them of being scared because they do not agree with this? wink

1. Dave Barnett profile image56
        Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God, GOD, god. There is still the question: Why do we inexplicably lose a small amount of weight at the moment of death, what is consciousness, and are we just a few dry chemicals and water, (funny, I don't FEEL like a mud pie. The dust stays here, the water stays here. Energy doesn't die nor can it be created or destroyed. According to physics, it is impossible for us to be here, then NOTHING. Back to the dead drawing board, guys.

Do you know what inexplicably means?

Easy peasy answer. lol It is inexplicable - therefore god dunnit. lol

Although - the words you are actually seeking are "why don't we lose weight at the moment of death? Therefore there is no soul and god does not exist."

http://www.snopes.com/religion/soulweight.asp

Dead is dead dude. Sorry. You must be very angry now you know you will not live forever. sad

2. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You sound like harry potter saying lord voldemort lol tongue

15. Studio E profile image56
    Studio Eposted 13 years ago

Calm down hahahaha

16. earnestshub profile image80
    1. lucieanne profile image68

Yep. It's dead.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Lucieanne, I needed confirmation on that one. smile

17. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

dead is dead or dead is not dead?..well only person who dies can know 100% about it..rest is speculation..one can read scriptures or science books or everything but none can know unless that thing happens to the person..

1. lucieanne profile image68

I think being dead is like not being born

18. raisingme profile image76
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

The dead IS
    The living IS

IS - third person singular of 'be'

BE - Exist, to exist or have presence,or live

Old English via Germanic - "exist", "dwell"

I be off from here, I is going elsewhere  but I still IS...just not here....I will BE IS somewhere else.

19. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I tell you what, you let us know when you get there, ok, honey?

1. Tusitala Tom profile image65
      Tusitala Tomposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Look of emotion in all these answers; lot of justification for one's ideas.   The emotion, to me, anyway, indicates fear.   Fear of what?  Fear of dying obviously is one thing.  Fear of being wrong and laughed at another.   Those who have just perused the subject are simply coming from their conditioning.   Those who have examined it more closely, generally have a more open mind.   Those who believe unquestioningly in some holy book - and I mean unquestioningly - can rest easy, even if they are wrong.  Their belief provides solace.   There are some few, however, who do know the truth.   No, I didn't say, believe the truth.  I said KNOW the truth, and that can only come from something most of those who write above have no experience.    Of course, it's not too late for you to learn and - eventually - experience the KNOWING for youself...if your ego-conditioning can be laid aside and you're really willing to find out for yourself.

20. aware profile image67
    awareposted 13 years ago

N.E.R.D " nobody ever really dies"

21. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I have to go fix a hole in a roof in a few minutes but wanted to add.

I think that most people when young, did not have a concept of death physically or spiritually.

In my oldest memory I felt that I was contained within the body that I moved around in. I felt just as much alive in my dreams than in the awake state.

It was society that taught me differently.

22. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

dammit Jim....he's dead..
    Jim.....he's gone
    Jim.....he's dead
    Jim....he's gone now
    He is dead ..... Jim

23. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

We have all heard about the power of suggestion.  We know that there is some truth to it.

We claim it when it suits us and deny it for the sake of arguement.

Most teenagers have no concept of death until they are convinced that it will happen to them some day.

The power of suggestion;  How strong is it ?

24. Shil1978 profile image87
    Shil1978posted 13 years ago

The 'Tibetan Book of the Dead' has an interesting perspective. However, if you really want to be sure, you'd have to, well, you know - die!

The only way the rest of us would know is if you somehow manage to come back or communicate with us and let us know!! This question really has no answer, only theories!!

The Tibetan Book of the Dead is the Bomb! I would say it is very similar to the Egyptian Book of the Dead, in that there are guardians and instructions on what to say and what lights to pick and so on.

But again, the myth aspect doesn't necessarily mean its just for the dead. Its a prep for death through living the transcendent life.

25. Stimp profile image61
    Stimpposted 13 years ago

Do you mean "ARE the dead really dead"?

You'd think the OP would know how to avoid using incorrect subject/verb agreement.  This IS a site for writers.

BASIC GRAMMAR 101

1. Stimp profile image61
        Stimpposted 13 years agoin reply to this

GETITRITE!!!!!   lol

26. profile image0

Indra was among of the first sons (malak) of El, according to Vedic script before Shiva. There were others - outside and much older. From there came the Phoenician. It was Ba‘al Shamîm (Hadad), who was said to give enlightenment to the children of Shem -- the Semitic people. This is also the start of Amun in Egypt, later it would become Zeus in Greece.

Either way, the philosophies are not supreme.
    Enlightenment is the path to Grace, yes, but grace is the supreme.

Didn't know this, James. You're a brain to pick. smile

2. mohitmisra profile image60

Shiva is considered as the first enlightened human who spread god knowledge and the way to enlightenment to the rest of the world.

Enlightened ones come from all over this planet and share the same philosophy.

What do you mean by grace?
      What do you consider as supreme philosophy?

Hindus philosophy believes reaching enlightenment or gaining moksha breaks the cycle of life and death,the ultimate aim of life.

1. profile image0

Not surprisingly, moksha is the same as salvation by faith to the Christian's. Unity with Ishvara (Creator) is attained by grace (mercy/favor) through meditation/faith and allows us to become Grace (superior to choice/consciousness --being free; Creators expression of free will; glory; adam). My take on it includes the human form -not necessarily by death but recreation through a living transformation. (i.e. the resurrected form of Y`shua).

So grace is used to gain salvation or moksha ,so how it is greater?

The transformation takes place only when one dies,what is called being reborn by Christianity.

1. profile image0

Grace IS salvation.
            The actual statement "born again" means to step into the totality of faith-grace, body brain & spirit.

Without the body, humans cannot express the fullness of heaven-earth.

Our debate is centering on whether the Holy Vedas is supreme philosophy to which you said no grace is superior to enlightenment.

"Enlightenment is the path to Grace, yes, but grace is the supreme"

Then you say Grace IS salvation..
              But enlightenment is salvation so both are supreme philosophies the only difference being in the names or words, Grace, enlightenment,moksha,nirvana,salvation.

Enlightenment in not the path to salvation , it is salvation.

1. profile image0

Seems we agree then.
                The only thing I challenge is the philosophies supremacy, as it is a human perspective of a divine image of the human versus the Pure perspective. That is greatly the reason and reason most humans do not achieve it and must die, else they live in continuous suffering of themselves. A seed that doesn't grow, dies. One that lives produces life and many more fruits, seeds and trees.

Twenty one days, for me any philosophy which goes to the depth of God is supreme philosophy. smile

Hmmm...again a recurring aspect of myth. The former mundane entity, goes through fire and becomes magical.

It is almost instructional in a way. As Shiva represents the dual face of the creative force. It is essentially passion and the eye of Shiva is the eye of enlightenment! SO it is the Third Eye...the eye above the two waters.

The third eye or inner eye is the spiritual eye" when thy eye be single" Jesus

You see the light of God through this eye,when you keep concentrating on it you race up and down a tunnel to and fro from this light at incredible speeds.

then comes what is called let go ,or give up to god.You let go and go into this light, basically die ad go into another dimension one of god, your true self or home, source of all things, the light.

yeah...you don't really stay there.

It is a kind of alpha state meditation in mundane speech.

Ordinary people can access this. It is an impermanent state.
            But you have to climb back down and talk to monkeys again and be a monkey again because otherwise you go insane.(or atleast people will think you're insane)

In Kabbalah, the state of being stuck there is called Binah consciousness. When you go into endless light  (wisdom) and you gain understanding, you must go back down to the realm of action otherwise you'll be lost in that world. That world has different realities. In our reality, unless that "lightning speed" trip becomes actionable, it is pretty useless. It is easier to achieve
            knowledge. The challenge is live it in this world.

As long as you have work left you come back to compete it,when you are done you dont come back.

27. ceciliabeltran profile image66

Greek Myth is also surprisingly filled with incredible insight about the nature of the mind.

(and by the way when I say mind that is included in spirit)

I agree with you Greek philosophy is also supreme,

28. Joe A. McCray profile image61
    Joe A. McCrayposted 13 years ago

Hi, Paul wrote that they need not worry about Christians who died. They would not be fogotten when Christ returns, He would raise them from the dead just as he was raised."1 Thessalonians 4: 13-18, please read these scriptures, I pray that they will give you some clarity. The saints that died in Christ are asleep, until the second coming of Christ, and they will be caught up first, and those that are alive and waiting for His coming, shall be change in a twinkling of an eye, from mortal to immortality, just as Jesus was changed. We would meet Him in the air.

Hajj- You are a blessed soul, your knowledge of the One is as one who has returned to this plane willingly, to bring others to remembrance. In truth, the Spirit never dies, and the Spirit dwells in all things. The material body passes away, yet is not gone. It's dust becomes the earth we walk upon, it's water evaporates and falls back down as rain. As a poet, none compare to the poetry of God, whatever your name for Him is. Increase in knowledge, brother, for the spirit is strong upon you!

To address your original concern: It is written that God knew us from the foundation of the world, for that is when all proceeded forth from the divine One, but, since God is eternal, we existed within God as Spirit, and only became material beings at the creation. In truth, we exist in God, and God exists in us, and it is the denial of man and his insistence on the illussion of free will which has led us to this day. There is but ONE will. The will of God!

1. profile image0

Dave, no offense, you seem well versed in memorization of the texts, as many believers are. But with quoting the text:

What precisely is the Will of Creator.
          What is Salvation
          Why was it required (not the general term of sin)
          What is Free Will v Choice.

smile

2. profile image0

I agree with you on everything except Free Will. God did not want to control us, he wanted real chosen love from us, so we had to have free will. That's where we went wrong. We chose to love the flesh more than/instead of, God.
          If God's will was being done, life would be paradise. That is why we are to pray "God's will be done". His will for us is perfect will.
          By telling us to pray for his will, it shows that we are using our own will. Our will is why the world is in bad shape.
          God does not want some to be his and others not. But with free will, it is "whosoever will" our choice.
          We will all eventually go back to God because we came from him. It may take a few lifetimes.

29. profile image0

A Will: an object(s), item(s) representing the desire of a person holding assets or power, especially with regard to covenant.

A Testimony: The elements of the Will in action.

The Will of the Father & Testimony of Y`shua Moshiach is the Spirits evidence of those elements of the covenant (aka prophecy/revelation).

Creation is fashioned, the Word goes forth to accomplish the Will (puts that creation into action). The testimony returns the evidence of the Will. If it does not return, it is cut off.

In humans, the flow of life from spirit to body (including brain) is through the blood. blood is the life of the body -it is the imrah (transformation/command), if you will, creation in action.

Hi James,

You are so right about the corn and crows in your book.

Like for instance, the very mention of anything Kabbalah attracts a Kelipot. It just wants to stick into anything that resembles knowledge and usurp it to exist.

The best way to get it off your back is to just know its just a kelipot. If it's persistent, don't move.

So I'm going to go take a bath (a dead sea salt bath). See you guys around in another forum containing anything but Kabbalah.

wink

1. profile image0

Thank you love.
        I am in process of re-editing the book, adding a more expansive explanation --and a new cover design (wink). Enjoy the bath!

2. profile image0

30. ceciliabeltran profile image66

Or this:

"Serotonin is one of dozens of neurotransmitters and is found in body tissues including the brain, blood, and the mucous membranes lining the stomach and digestive tract. In the past decade, research studies of serotonin have found that it plays an essential role in the regulation of sleep, appetite, temperature, blood vessel tone, secretion of certain hormones and in the perception of pain, thereby affecting a wide range of conditions, such as migraine headaches, depression and sleep disturbances. Because serotonin  helps keep 'pain gates' closed, a lack of it can make you feel more pain. Research indicates that the best way to elevate serotonin  levels is to stimulate the body to produce more serotonin."

*shakes head*

1. profile image0

Did you hear anything?..When you shook your head...

You are the most petty person I've met on the forums.

By the way..what are you talking about giving shots and doing something with children. I assist next to the doctor in surgery. That doesn't mean cotton swabs.But you know everything about everyone huh? A periopertive nurse has to study every branch of medicine the doctors do. The only difference, I assist in all types of surgery, whereas a doctor has one or two specialties.

Anytime I respond to something you write with correct information, you start your condescending conversations. Cecil, if you feel insecure, work on it but don't blame me.

{EDIT} Cotton swabs? LOL we use gauze not cotton swabs. Yes gauze is made from silk or cotton, blah blah, but it's no more like cotton swabs than a pair of pants or even a T-Shirt is. {END EDIT}

Hey, wait a minute. I thought I was the most petty person you have met on the forums. sad

1. profile image0

Whew - what a relief! Does that mean your husband will be traveling the World to chastise them ahead of me? lol

1. profile image0

Email him and ask him

31. profile image0

Ceci...

Indeed, it is therefore necessary for the human body to express those elements --fully else be removed after a span of existence.

As the text says: The word became flesh and dwelt among us.
    Why? To solidify the true and visible reflection of Creator --form a testimony. As is termed the 2nd Adam. So the 1st was like him. A testimony or living action of Creator. So all humans a reflection of that Will.

And also as the text states: it is not what enters the eyes, ears or stomach that defile a man, but what comes out --is evident, reflected back that does. Hence the saying Living Testimonies. A living testimony has a body, without it, the evidence or proof cannot be seen or viewed (glory; honor).

Death has no testimony, no evidence of glory; honor. The only attribute is given by men to men for honor and glory of their position or possessions --neither of which testifies of behalf of the Will. There is a lot more to this...

32. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 13 years ago

"IS the dead really dead"
    Yes...yes they Is!
    Is you Alive...Is you?

33. andromida profile image54
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

Every body dies,perhaps only physically.

34. earnestshub profile image80

Hello fellow worm food! smile

1. profile image0

Hello Earnest  big_smile

Hi Deborah! Nice to see. smile

seriously? lol

roll

a staunch atheist and a---err kabbalah shambala -ist is not exactly the kind who are happy to see each other in a forum. lol look at you and me. lol

Right, but that doesn't mean that Earnest cannot be happy to see Deborah. Just like I'm glad to see you, even though we have our differences.

Like Earnest, I would not want harm to come to you, nor would he want harm to come to Deborah.

Life is bigger than just you. wink

There many ways of harming another and most of the time, the worst harm is that expressed in words. If you do not wish to harm me, be sincere.

That is a loaded line and the obvious point of it. It's not about Ernest and Deborah. It's about life being bigger than "just me".

It is.

But you having to state it is interesting. I am not important Cagsil. So don't waste your time. smile I am just another mirror in a world full of mirrors. Check your teeth for pepper and go on with your life.

Mind your own sarcasm.

2. earnestshub profile image80

Sorry Cecillia, I must disagree again.
                I am not a staunch anything. I will change my mind in a heartbeat when I see proof that my thinking is wrong.
                I can prove it too.
                I used to be religious. Seriously so.

The cow does not usually stray into the woods. But obviously it's possible. As i said, it is already a longer conversation than it should be.

Deborah and I have a long history of agreeing on many things. The only thing she disagrees with is me. lol But examine our arguments. They are all talking about the same elephant.

It's like this:

The color is blue.
                  No, the color is bluish.
                  It is blue because its bluish.
                  But bluish is not blue, who studied fine arts. Me or you? 
                  I have a masters degree in visual arts.
                  so? don't you use paint to paint, you don't study verbal communication.
                  But I know blue better than you!
                  How do you know? Blue is bluish because its in the hue of blue.
                  stick to painting and I'll do what I am an expert of and that's to describe it, being an art critic.
                  Don't tell me what to do, you don't know who I am I am going to report you...
                  you're a little too artsy crazy for my taste, get a grip.

That sort.

It's not entertaining but it passes the time.lol
                  People who are alike in many ugly ways normally dislike each other the most. lol

2. earnestshub profile image80

Yes seriously!
            Deborah and I disagree about some things and agree about others.

I like many things about a lot of people here, and if you look back you will see that we have been chatting for ages. smile

It was just for effect. I am surprised at the amount of attention its getting. lol

2. profile image0

35. earnestshub profile image80

All it got from me was a simple response. smile

It is already a longer conversation than it needed to be. lol darn it. I gotta get these books off the floor and back to the shelf! I sometimes live like a mad scientist!

36. ceciliabeltran profile image66

But you know its the end of the thread when certain characters (me included) start to bicker. lol It's laughable. But such is procrastination. It's the devil.

37. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 13 years ago

ask a dead person they would know smile

1. profile image0

I have, and you're right, they do.

1. starme77 profile image77
        starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

so, what did they tell ya?

1. profile image0

Many different things. My brother, my mom, my dad, etc.
          It doesn't matter who believes it or not.

38. TruthDebater profile image53
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

Is the alive really alive?

1. mom101 profile image60
      mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now, that is the question, and here is the answer. While here, on this earth, it is certain, we are in it together.

2. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've always been more frightened by the live ones than the dead ones.

39. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

We don't know! We will never know!

1. profile image52

God know, and he it trying to tell you they are, there is no thing as a ghost. There are evil angels taking on the look of your love ones. revelation 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

40. earnestshub profile image80

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/marshell76/funny/tastefunny.jpg

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

peck lower than, he could be breathing although he's dead.  c'on let's get it together

uh oh earnest i'm confused again and its not friday, hey wait, i could change my avatar, but is it really an avatar?

It's all good Kimberley. smile I do reckon the worm-food thing is how we "evolve" smile

1. profile image0

cool, do you think my new not really avatar is inappropriate, should i put my little bo peep one up?  i've already been told by hp twice to take other ones down, any thoughts?  toke?  lol

Nah! Like I said, it's all good/grist for the mill. smile

I wez just gonna fire one up meself! smile

1. profile image0

ha we're at a dead end i think but is it really the end?  So much to ponder, so, so much time!

E!  read my hub later or I'll die but will i be dead

fuck i hate this thread

buzz buster!

OK I'll stagger on over there if you make me some porridge

I'm so sick with the flu I can't keep anything down, and it is annoying. smile

1. profile image0

can't find the kitchen never could!  but i have the best present you got all day, still laughing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIiMa2Fe-ZQ

2. profile image0

your still sick?  are you sure that your really sick? [note no smiley face]

you need to be in bed, I'm on my way, sorry, wish I could find the kitchen

I'm tired of toking, too high, have to be cause this thread is starting to make sense lol

seriously you need sleep mate or are you an Aussie with does strange hours?

Aussie only afternoon here K. smile

See how weak my keystrokes are?
                    I saw the video of Obama girl. Thank you very much, I got a good laugh from it.
                    The twins have come back to finish me off, so see you later.

41. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Ah, but then we now must struggle with the concept are the living, really alive?

Earnest knows, he told me, I am dead is dead serious  lol

42. earnestshub profile image80

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l148/millieann282000/Funny/DeadEnd.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)