Do women really like pearl?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (44 posts)
  1. profile image48
    Amazon Berryposted 13 years ago

How well women knows about pearl? Do they take any pearl? or they have specific type of pearl in their mind like Black Tahitian Pearl Earrings?

1. olivia39 profile image52
      olivia39posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that it really depends on the style and type of girl that would like pearl. smile

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, pearls are nice-- but this post relates directly to your one hub so far, and might be considered self-promotional.

3. sonja_l profile image60
      sonja_lposted 13 years agoin reply to this

definitely! ladies are keen with the great lusters of pearls. But i think they don't have a clear mind in heart before making a buying decisions on PearlHours.com for a black pearl earring

2. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I once sawa creamy pearl bangle bracelet on someone else and it was really beautiful.  Never seen another one though.  I like pearls combined with other gems.  Strands of pearls, unless they are those raw kind - remind me too much of debutantes and Republicans!  haha smile

3. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 13 years ago

Some women love pearls, while others dislike them.  They are my favorite gem.  I especially like the small uneven fresh water pearls. 

I especially like pearls for the way they are formed.  Something of irritation becomes a thing of beauty.

4. travelespresso profile image69
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

I once had a ring with three beautiful black pearls ring set in white gold.   It was before black pearls became popular.

Some scumbag stole it! Shame.

Maybe one day I'll replace it.  Good black pearls have a wonderful depth of color.

5. Fashion Conscious profile image61
    Fashion Consciousposted 13 years ago

I believe as women mature, they will appreciate pearls. Also, it's best to receive pearl jewelry instead of buying them. If one buys them it'll bring sadness since they represent tears. If one receives it as a gift, it's proven to be lucky.

1. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah you do seem to like them more as you get older, you appreciate their value more.

6. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

When i was in America.   I  was bought a beautiful pearl, i chose it from the oyster...... it will always mean so much to me.

7. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I like pearl earrings.

8. Jim Hunter profile image59
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

I'm gonna leave this one alone.

All I can say is ZZTop.

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol I didn't say anything about a pearl necklace!!!

1. Jim Hunter profile image59
        Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever seen There's something about Mary?

I believe that guy had a Pearl earring.

I'm going to hell I just know it.

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
          Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You Are going to hell! You totally ruined pearl earrings for me lol lol

9. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

i bought my wife a cultured pearl necklace for Christmas last year, she loves it.

10. profile image0
    TheCalicoRoseposted 13 years ago

I love pearls

1. allison24 profile image56
      allison24posted 13 years agoin reply to this

me too! i do love pearls! lol

11. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

How is anyone to ever think the same way about pearls after listening to ZZ Top?
    I know they've ruined a perfectly lovely, innocent gem for moi:-)

12. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

I love pearls!!! My parents had me wear them as a baby, so maybe that's why. big_smile They saved that jewelry for me (it's so cute and little) and I hope to have a daughter someday so she can wear it.

These days, I love to wear one of my pearl necklaces with a pink bow affixed! Sounds like I haven't grown up too much...hahaha

13. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I don't like pearls at all.  I don't like the way they're made, but if they were fake I don't like the look.   Too "old lady" for me.  I think, "Barbara Bush" (former First Lady) and don't ever want that look.   lol  Or else I think, "1960's TV Mom with little white gloves, a little hat, and pearls.    hmm  (and I'm mature enough to recall those TV Moms, so I don't think it's about how mature someone is.   smile  )    (Sorry to apparently be the only pearl-hater here....    hmm  )  Eew - they're so heavy looking.   smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  ...I have a nice strand, bracelet and earrings..gifts....but know what you are saying!...I'll wear them with a pair of jeans...no 1960's TV Mom look for me...maybe i should wear them when I go for a motorcyle ride - how's that?  LOL!  I'll post a pic one day!  just to give you a laugh!

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

how about 'pearls before swine' instead?

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r28/jaredandrewsisasushi/pearls.png

2. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol    Maybe if you turn them into jewelry that can be used with lots of face piercings you won't look like June Cleaver and Carolyn Applebee (Lucy Ricardo's "friend").  Other than that  - be careful (and stay away from light-blue, wool, suits).   lol   

I'm not just just back-peddling now that I'm realizing how many have/like pearls, but I think bracelets and earrings are a very different thing than those single-strand numbers matronly, white-bubble-haired, ladies were around their necks.

See this?......

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c296/princeregent2004/barbara_bush_underprivileged.jpg

and this...

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/Castorp20008/Millie_and_Barbara_Bush.jpg

and this...

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b100/rottie13/barbarabush1.jpg

and this...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n136/mereo_2006/574_con_barbara1.gif

and then this....    (obviously, I'm not in the mood to do any real work tonight  lol )   Anyway....

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj154/cbarajas11/junecleaver.jpg

I don't know, SomewayOuttahere.....    Bracelet or not, be VERY VERY careful.   lol

2. swapna123 profile image60
      swapna123posted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile  I was just abt to say that.. It's a politician's favorite .. But then, pearls aren't always boring. Nowadays, you get all kinds of pearl jewelery.. Take a look, u'll like them.

1. Lisa HW profile image61

swapna, what do they (politicians and the like) hope to accomplish with that look?  June Cleaver??    lol  I mean - really - get the pillbox hat, the little gloves, and the little square jacket and call yourself "interesting".   lol  lol

3. alternate poet profile image68
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The most beautiful girl in China wears them frequently, and they only cost me 10 Yuan, one Brit pound or 1.5 dollars. big_smile

14. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I don't like pearls. I don't like gold.

The colours and shapes have never appealed to me. I prefer creative looking jewellery, dangly lengths of metal and semi-precious stones. If I must have  precious stone I like sapphires. My wedding ring has dark blue sapphires in it.

Now, gold, on the other hand, I really love.   lol     Instead of "all heavy and round" (like pearls), gold is "all sparkling and shiny and glisten-y".   smile  (and light if you make sure you don't let it be too heavy)

1. profile image0
        BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

stop spoiling everyones fun Lisa, you know if the love of your life bought you a single strand of the real stuff you'd have them hanging around your neck in a jiffy...

Brian, I don't mean to spoil people's fun, but no I wouldn't.  I REALLY, REALLY, don't want that June Cleaver image.  lol  The true love of my life would know NOT to EVER give me pearls.  lol

15. IsadoraPandora profile image78
    IsadoraPandoraposted 13 years ago

Pearls are amazing. To take an irritating, plain piece of dirt and turn it into something that glows with amazing color--just wonderful. smile

I like all real pearls.

16. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

Hey Lisa...saw your pics..LOL! i recall 'ma mere' kinda lookin' like June a long time ago!...and yea, I don't look like BBush in mine, nor June...I'll beware! LOL!

Thank god for the feminist movement, right TMM???  Gotta go and do my housework now; no guy around to do it for me.

I got a pic for you...I'm going to stitch some on my leathers like this guy...if you look close those are a string of pearls hanging off his shorts, 'cept mine will look better!

I love my pearls!

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy317/mlmvicbc/Funny_Pictures_5907.jpg

Now, a nice string of white pearls would do wonders for these people.   lol

(In the interest of full disclosure, when I was looking for the pictures above I ran into a bunch of photos of really glamorous women with pearls on; but - really, based on those borderline-dominatrix photos, apparently pearls aren't what they used to be.  lol  )

17. Bloget profile image60
    Blogetposted 13 years ago

I like Pearls ;-)

18. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Maybe all those other people who don't like pearls just stayed away from a thread about them (unlike me, who couldn't resist clicking on and voicing a negative opinion  lol   -   Don't mind me.  Sometimes I apparently think it offers "balance" to express "the other side".   hmm

19. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Pearls are this girls best friend smile

20. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

i'm sure LisaHW will be by the end of this thread having second thoughts lol come on Lisa show us your pearly ear rings.

21. alternate poet profile image68
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

I hope that everyone gets to love pearls !!  i am in the process of setting up a shopping site and Chinese pearls feature high in the Jewellery section big_smile

Based on my own severe minority status on this thread, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

(So go ahead, all you other ladies - look like Barbara Bush and June Cleaver if you must!     lol   lol  )

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm30/popsinger25/Eleanor.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w54/GEORGEwHUDSON/images.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/reillycat07/Betty_White.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x58/britteroo09/white_Betty.jpg

(Note with the Betty White pictures:  People don't start wearing pearls when they're old.  They start young and keep it up for their whole life, which pretty much means going with the old-lady look long before it's necessary.    lol)    (alternate poet, don't worry.  It's obvious nobody is going to listen to me anyway.   lol  )

Now...    Are these pearls on this next lady, or is she just wearing a necklace that LOOKS LIKE pearls?    lol  (Of course, she throws in those brooches to add to the look - but that's a thread for another time.  smile  )

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/spencegriffeth/MadelineAlbright.jpg

22. jewellerychannel profile image61
    jewellerychannelposted 13 years ago

I like pearl necklaces specially black pearl.

23. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...love the pics Lisa...good for a laugh this a.m.

many wear them......this doesn't look like June? or BB? a more current style and look....

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy317/mlmvicbc/CatNews.gif

see you next post...gotta go get some more pearls....wanna come along?...we'll get some for that nose ring instead...

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Funny/CatsRedCarFun.gif

24. akirchner profile image92
    akirchnerposted 13 years ago

I always think you have to be very stately and regal to wear pearls - hence I wear nothing but plain, good quality silver or gold accessories - super small and super simple.  I can't imagine wearing pearls and urban mushing; wearing pearls and going for a body skid on the lake with my malamutes or doing some of my other antics in pearls.

All that said, I often admire beautiful women dressed to the nines in their elegant attire adorned with pearls - and wish I was more like that! Some of us just look better in pearls I guess.

25. profile image52
    jayakolposted 13 years ago

Definitely, women are simply crazy about pearls.

Women who love pearl also have intricate information on them. They definitely buy pearls of different designs since pearl is considered to be a symbol of elegance.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)