any reason to live?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (30 posts)
  1. B2R profile image60
    B2Rposted 13 years ago

Is there a good reason to live life after the things are ruined in your life?

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess that would depend on your individual view of your life.

If you have ruined your life, for which, you seem to think that is beyond repair, then sense of living will look or appear vague.

If you are hung up too much on materialistic objects and cannot get over your own ego, then what is considered to be "ruined" isn't actually ruined, but in the process of being changed.

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

there are many good reasons.. it may look dismal, but there is always a way up or out. sometimes to get to the clearing, we have to walk through the jungle.

something wonderful can happen.. success and happiness lie within you.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, because life can change.  When one thing ends, something else often begins. 

I know lots of people who lost their jobs after years of loyal service and thought their world had ended - but they found new work they liked much better.

I know people who got divorced after many years of marriage and thought it wasn't worth going on - then they met the love of their life.

I know people who had an injury or disability that ended their first choice of career - but they developed another talent and had even greater success.

You never know.

BTW I see you're a high school student - how old are you?

4. podmake profile image62
      podmakeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep,tomorrow is always another day!Nothing can ruin your life,sometime we just need see the things from another angle,and you will find another window has been opened for you,cheer up!

5. profile image52
      Mygellposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah, life is great ! No matter how ruined your life is , it is always better to preserve it and learn from it. And from there, start inspiring others . Focus your life not on your  fall  but on how you rise up after the fall. God bless!

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Yes. There is always tomorrow.

3. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Of course there are!  You move on, everything is only temporary.  What ever seems "ruined" will be a distant memory soon.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

4. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 13 years ago

Always.  If things are really bad for you right now have a go at making things good for other people.  It's worked for me.  Yesterdays ruins always seem more picturesque.  Be nice to yourself, good stuff is on the way.

5. jcales profile image55
    jcalesposted 13 years ago

Yes, there could be new and exciting things you never thought of to arise. Even convicted criminals in jail find some benefits or new opportunities (art, reading, writing, etc) Life is full of challenges & opportunities waiting to be realized.

1. B2R profile image60
      B2Rposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks this might help ..

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. Curiosity of what's next is what has kept me going. And no one can predict the journey. I have a little saying:

Plan B can be wonderful.

And it can be.

I think we erroneously believe that we want to be happy all the time. If we were, we wouldn't understand unhappiness, sadness, sorrow and many other things. Without dark, we cannot understand light. So this life is about having experiences of all kinds, so that we may gain an understanding an appreciation for all of them. Peace comes when we can accept all these things in our lives as they occur, and realize we are okay no matter what. I've written some about these ideas, from my own past failures, losses and sorrows.

You may want to check out this book:
      Loving What Is by Byron Katie.

6. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

We aren't defined by "the things in our life", and we can't let things in our life define who are at "at the core".  If you know (or figure out) who/what you are "at the core" it becomes clear to you that the things in life that are a very different thing from "you", so you never ask yourself if life is worth living.

It can take a lot of strength, some self-esteem, and a certain level of maturity to decide not to let the crap in life destroy you; but if you can do that, you usually come out of it seeing what's truly important in this life and having learned that much more about yourself and life in general.

When something in life is ruined, you have to think of why it happened:

Sometimes there was nothing anybody could to about whatever happened, so you learn to adjust to it and move on, having learned a few more coping skills for future use.

Sometimes it happened because of some mistake, so you learn from it and/or fix it.

Sometimes it happened because someone else ruined something for you, in which case you hold them accountable (and if there's no way to do that, you recognize who did it, who you can blame, and how to stay away from people like that in the future).

7. Stimp profile image61
    Stimpposted 13 years ago

"Suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem"

8. FuzzyCookie profile image72
    FuzzyCookieposted 13 years ago

Yes, I wont give up, cuz I see a ray of hope and that helps me keep going on. There are so many things in life that I want to see, do and experience. So I have to live for sake of all my hopes, wishes and dreams. big_smile

9. Fluffymetal profile image76
    Fluffymetalposted 13 years ago

I attempted suicide several times.  Life is HARD.  There are ups and downs and they don't stop, they just get more complicated.  Taking your own life is the selfish, easy, immoral way out.  Let hub pages lift you up big_smile

1. Fluffymetal profile image76
      Fluffymetalposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Its all about how you DEAL with your life.   Don't give up....EVER big_smile big_smile

10. B2R profile image60
    B2Rposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the reply. All we need is an inspiration and a single reason can let you live a better life...

11. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time, other times one minute at a time.  Also wanting what you do have is always good!  Blessings to you and hope, always there are others who will help you and give you the moral support you need.

12. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

children and the people who care and loves you! I am sure there are lots of them there!

13. ScientificGear profile image59
    ScientificGearposted 13 years ago

Imagine it and focus on doing things that keep you going. You will then realize how your mind can be so powerful.

They say, your greatest weakness is in giving up. The surest way of success is always to try just one more time. 

Sure there are things worth living!

14. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Japanese Proverb 'fall down 8 times, get up 9 times'

15. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

life can really suck at times, and we see no way out of a situation.   However finding the right help at the right time is a wonderful thing.  This community is always there for you, understand, and offer a listening ear.  Things will get better, they have to.

16. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Hi Jaggy, if you love to paint and draw then you must do more of it.  You should do more of what you love each day.  And challenge your creativity by using unusual things to make your art.

Just a thought. Hope you feel better.

1. B2R profile image60
      B2Rposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reply. I do the same as you said Fightkeeper. You are great writer. good luck.

17. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

nope.. it's best to give up all hope and lapse into a negative state of mind.

Once someone is down and out, its all over with.

Why bother hoping and working for a better day? 

Why not be apocalyptic and dwell on all the negative things that have and will happen?

If you have hit the end of a road, best to just assume that there are no other paths to follow.

I happiness is out of sight, might as well assume that it doesn't exist at all.

There is no evidence that a human being can bounce back from a bad situation

1. sofs profile image75
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is always reason to live look at the people who are worse off than you. It is when we look no further than our selves we ask these questions,  this life you have  is not only for yourself but also for all those who love you,look up to you, will be encouraged by your victory.
      I have a friend in what the doctors said were the final stages of cancer, every day is a battle for her, some days high some days low.. She fights it all the time.. the times when she cant bear it she calls us ( her friends) we spend time with her singing and joking and diverting her attention, it two years now she has grown much stronger , resilient and is the encourager for others!

You have a reason to live... look for it.. LIVE FOR IT!!

18. Evan G Rogers profile image62
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

The only real reason to live is knowing that you'll die one day.

Yeah you're life might suck right now, but you're going to die and I'm sure you havent done everything you want to do.

19. Devanni profile image58
    Devanniposted 13 years ago

Absolutely.  Things do change.  It might be tomorrow, or it might be in a year or more, but if there is one thing you can count on from life, it is that things will never stay the same. 
    Concentrate on your passions and make use of your strengths.
    Best wishes to you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)