So Sad and Scared!!!!!!!....

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (32 posts)
  1. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

At 7:03 Tonight I became a gramma of a 1 lb 10oz baby girl named brionna. My daughter who is 16 went into premature labor, I was at work but she sent me a text that she was spotn blood. I told her get to the hospital which was right around the corner. I made it before she delivered. They flew in a medical team outa dubois by helicopter to take the baby after it was delivered. As of now it could go eithor way but things are looking good they said. When the baby litterly popped out I heard it squeal like a mouse... I am a nervous wreck. Never a dull momment in my house.....

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, kmackey, seeing your thread here gave me goosebumps.  Congratulations, of course, but I know how scary it must be.  Sincerest and warmest wishes that your little, tiny, grandaughter overcomes any obstacles from being born so little.

(It wasn't anywhere as early as your daughter's early labor, but my baby was a premie; and the one thing that struck me (besides all the issues about how little he was and how scary it was, even if he wasn't anywhere near as young and little as she is) was that people were kind of reluctant to say, "Congratulations" because they knew it was such a frightening time and didn't feel free to say it, in view of the fact that premature labor isn't seen as a good thing..  So, even though I know how frightening this all is and how different it is from a term labor, that's why I wanted to go ahead and say "Congratulations on the birth of daughter's precious little girl."    It sounds like she's in great medical care. )    (What a pretty name.)

2. ladyt11 profile image60
      ladyt11posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@kmackey32 wow I got a nevous stomach just thinking about this. I'll be praying that everything with precious little Brionna will go well. I worked in a daycare in the infant/toddler room and I took care of a baby girl name Briana who was a preemie at birth. By the time she turned 1 she was the smallest and just about the strongest one in the room, literally! Congrats, gramma, god bless you and your family.

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

omg, that's so terrible. im sorry to hear that happened to you and your family.  i hope things work out okay.  i wouldn't lose hope though, as im sure things will be okay.  im sorry to hear about your situation though...

4. Sunnyglitter profile image82
      Sunnyglitterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry.  I will keep all of you in my thoughts.

Missy

5. mailxpress profile image51
      mailxpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope all goes well with the baby and your daughter.  Praying for you.

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Oh, K, I'm so sorry the baby came early. I'll say a prayer for her and your family tonight. Please keep us posted!

3. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Katie,

Congratulations and I hope all remains well. smile

4. bayoulady profile image68
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

Have hope and faith! Hugs and prayers!

5. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Wishing you, your daughter and granddaughter all the best.
    I hope the little one thrives. Medical care for prems has come a long way.
    Thinking of you all. smile

6. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

sincerely hope mum and baby are doing well, it is amazing what can be done for prem babies these days, my thoughts and prayers are with your family

7. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

My thoughts are with your family, Kristie. All the best to Brionna!

8. _cheryl_ profile image83
    _cheryl_posted 13 years ago

I had my son 3 months early (at 24wks to be exact) when I was 17. He was 2lbs. 5oz. I know how you feel, but be brave and have faith! Technology these days is amazing. At that time the nurses showed me a photo of a baby they had just under a pound that made it through alright. It is so nerve racking to say the least. My son was healthy other than his lungs weren't completely developed, so he was on a respirator for a while. It's a journey that takes time and lots of patience. My thoughts and prayers are out for you and your family. Best advice I can give is to educate yourself of everything going on. I learned what the monitors were suppose to read, what normal blood levels and oxygen levels were, etc. It helps so much to know as much as possible about preemies and how to care for them. This was all 14yrs. ago for me! Looking at my son now, you'd never know how tiny he came into this world and what he went through. He's taller than me now! Big hugs to you all and wishing you the best.

9. raisingme profile image75
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

You will all be in my thoughts and heart. My niece was a preemie 15 years ago, now she is a beautiful young girl.  Miracles do happen and I am wishing a wonderful miracle your way.  Take care.

10. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 13 years ago

I'm sure each and every Hubber is wishing and hoping (and praying for some), for young Brionna to both survive and thrive.  Good luck to all. smile

11. leeberttea profile image56
    leebertteaposted 13 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your daughter and the baby!

12. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Sending best thought to you, new grandma, to daughter and grand daughter!

13. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Hi kmackey, I wanna welcome baby Brionna into the world and sending good wishes and prayers for the entire family.

14. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

All best to you and your daughter and granddaughter - sending positive prayers for everyone.  Some of my favorite people were premies and have wonderful creative personalities - so hang in there!

15. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

They have my best wishes, nothing is quite as terrifying as losing a child, and I hope everything works out.

16. Richard Craig profile image61
    Richard Craigposted 13 years ago

Congratulations and all the best for you, your daughter and hers. Now you have to go through all the troubles of babies crying, screaming, puking and so on all over again.  Lucky you.

17. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I just found this thread - am so sorry to hear the little 'un is so early - my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

18. Gypsy48 profile image76
    Gypsy48posted 13 years ago

Wishing you good thoughts. Congrats to you and your daughter.

19. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I know this must be incredibly scary for you and your teenage daughter both!  You've had some great advice in the posts prior to mine along with a lot of love and well wishes.  I too, wish you and your family all the best.  Congratulations, Granny! smile

20. liljen23 profile image75
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this K.. I will pray for you and your family and hope the little one will be okay.. smile

21. kmackey32 profile image64

Thank you, all of you.. Brionna is still hanging in there. Heanding to Pittsburg now. Its over a 4hr drive.

22. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Prayers for Baby Briona!
    Congrats BTW, hope things will be better later and for baby Briona to make it through!

23. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Hey, K.  Congratulations to you and your daughter.  May Brionna find the strength through your love to fight, grow and flourish. Sending you love and and prayers.

24. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

What a wonderful opportunity to bond with your young daughter as she experiences this miracle. Life doesn't always go how we plan it -- but we always end up learning and growing from the sidetrips God sends us on!
    Baby Brionna is being prayed for 'round the world.Pretty cool!!!
    We all appreciate your sharing this exciting but scary time.
    Please keep us updated on mom, daughter and granddaughter news.
    Hugs, MM

25. kmackey32 profile image64

Well, thank you too all. I know there is a reason Brionna is still with us. I did find the time to write a hub through all this if everyone would like updated.

http://hubpages.com/hub/problems-with-a … baby-at-16

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I found your hub last night in my daily HP mail. thank you for writing and sharing with us. {{hugs}}
      you're in our hearts. xo   kisses for little Brionna.

26. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I was born 6 weeks premature and weighing in at just 2ib.

I could quite easily have died, but I didn't. Now I am sitting here pretty healthy and with a first class degree. I spent 4 weeks in an incubator.

My grandma had to run to the nearest department store to buy dolls clothes to fit me!

I wish you all the best of luck.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)