How do you explain unanswered prayer?

Jump to Last Post 51-92 of 92 discussions (681 posts)
  1. profile image52
    Olorunlanaposted 13 years ago

Get this clear in
    John 14:13-14

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name , that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name , I will do it.
    KJV

if you prayers are not answered see also
    James 4:1-3
    4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill , and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
    KJV

2. ceciliabeltran profile image63
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

My point is, you don't blame prayer, you don't blame.

YOU RISE UP and you do something about it. We answer our own prayers and that is when the miracle happens. Does that mean that there is no god that we have to rely on ourselves and there is no higher power?

NO. It only means that the real prayer is the acts of trust. You move as if the prayer has been answered and is only looking for a way into your life.

Trust that within you is the capacity to court the universe to conspire to give you all that you need when you are ready to accept them.

Fixating on blame, be it god or the not god is only a distraction to what needs to be done.  So if any one of you out there is worried about the starving children. Get out there and dive in the middle of that chaos and be the change you wish to see in the world.

No one else will make it easy for you. You are not here to have an easy life. You are here to discover how to live better. That is the goal of our biological systems, to live better and longer, collectively.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We have no choice in that matter, your god is far too busy sending kids to Disneyland to worry about feeding the starving.

Yes, I can just see the expressions of the starving as you try to sell that one to them. smile

2. profile image57
      Siranddipityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no one has mentioned these starving children (in a third world country im assuming) are the children of parents who: voodoo, witchcraft, serve demonologies and are worshipers of Gods that are gods OF the creation not the creator God of the bible.
      So if the God of the bible does feed them, who will get the credit? These worshipers of false gods will think their Gods are real and news will spread and the God of the bible will have an even harder time trying to convince people.
      Gods word says if the parents are holy then the children are considered holy if not the opposite it true.

haha so much activity in the religion forums as usual. never a dull moment. smile

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

VERY  true.

Beelzedad ... praise God for "LIFE"
           The rest is just icing on a cake.

BUT !   if we can't even thank GOD for that ???   

How much more should we expect from God (or anyone) that we don't appreciate or acknowledge?

We can expect much more than just Disneyland. smile

2. Beelzedad profile image58

The children are parents of Christians. And yes, that already has been said. False gods, indeed. 

But, you bring up an interesting point, perhaps your god doesn't feed the starving for worrying about not getting credit. smile

1. hanging out profile image60
          hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

a lie is a lie is a lie. God does not lie. If i pray that ra bring me food and voila! i get food, what use have i to understand the God of the bible. Ra has brought me food.
          As much as God is love and including his portrayal in the OT, God hurts when people reject the goodness he wants to give them. I have often wondered, how does God stay happy. I can only see a small amount of grief in this world. There is someone sitting on a bed whose been told they have aids and some kids are going to disney land, there is no injustice there, each situation needs what it needs and the needs are different. Where God can bless He will! but even a powerful being is bound by his own rules. We think a God can do whatever a God wants, but He can't, he needs us too.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
            Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOLOL

Dear me - what a pathetic god. No wonder you are so angry. sad

how do you know if i am angry? Do you ever get angry?

You can understand that Ra would provide food to the starving while your god would not, but instead would happily send your kids to Disneyland.

Blinders are too tight?

Some kids are sent to Disneyland... tens of thousands die of starvation daily.

No injustice there? LOL!

Seems that, one of only things your god wants to do is send kids to Disneyland. smile

no Ra will not send them food because Ra the egyptian sun god was shown to be of no effect 6,000 yrs ago (the God of the bible darkened the land for 3 days and Ra was not able to be seen.) The person who prays to Ra will think that Ra sent them food when in fact Ra cannot and did not send them food at all. If they get any food the God of the bible will send them food or christians to feed them but the God of the bible will not send them food if they are going to accredit the food to their false god, Ra. God will send them christians to feed them that way God gets the credit, the false god is exposed and they can begin to worship a true and living God, the God of the bible.
              Did i not type it clearly before?

while some kids need food and others need disneyland, God will meet both needs as is possible. Now if the God of the bible sent the kids who were starving to disneyland that would be weird indeed.

Absolutely appalling. Unbelievable what religions do to people.

and non belief too
                  after all, is it not non-believers that are killing children by starvation in underdeveloped countries while christians are pushing to get in.
                  Its good to believe in the God of the bible.
                  its not so good to believe in nothing.
                  to truly believe in nothing the blinders have to be on so very tightly.

again
                  have a great day

3. ceciliabeltran profile image63
        ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

excuse me, I know more about starving children than you because I am from the Philippines and have fed starving children on the streets myself okay. I hire people who have starving children and have helped them myself...face to face.

The problem is deeper than food, or prayer.  A man who sells his vote for 500 pesos will not go home to feed his family...he will gamble it on rooster fights. You give them food, they will sell it for dope.

Poverty is a more complex problem than any of you posers can ever imagine.

Interesting.. experience is truly enlightening. Thanks for that cecilia. Its perhaps the same in North america. I work for a food bank, baskets and loaves in canada and we see druggies coming daily, year after year, still addicted and looking worse, soon they will die as some have done already at a too young age. Women with children come in too. People pray they receive food and there is always food for them and they are fed. I would rather teach them to grow a garden but they live in humble apts. Many smoke cigarettes and spend time fishing through ashtrays at business buildings collecting the butts. Its a hard problem. In africa, some countries its the government that takes the money and distributes it to the needy but much of the money goes into the military. Food can only be distributed, again to the army first, the rest later. Missionaries do wonderful jobs considering all they have to put up with obtaining visas is difficult. The name of jesus cannot be mentioned as visas will then become impossible to get.
          Some think poverty can just be prayed away but even a powerful God has problems to overcome. It would be easier to pray nuclear bombs away lol.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image63
            ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

poverty is a problem of the mind.

It is interesting what you said about the cigarette butts. This confirms my observation that addiction plays a big role in poverty. They are addicted to the quick fix. You can observe this in America because with all the resources, the free education and the welfare going on. People still CHOOSE to live in poverty. Sometimes it is just that no one showed them a better way.

It's so easy to contradict yourself when the contradiction is so blatant. smile

1. Hokey profile image59
              Hokeyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly! smile

2. hanging out profile image60

so you better be careful of what you say then

3. jiberish profile image79
    jiberishposted 13 years ago

When a prayer is unanswered, it just means that God said NO!

Christian Parent: "Please god, send my child to Disneyland?"

God: "DONE!"

Starving child: "Please god, give me a morsel of food or else I will die today?"

God: "NO!"

It goes like this:
        Christian Parent: "Please god, send my child to Disneyland?"
        God: "yes, nor or not yet". You are assuming all who pray to go to disneyland go to disneyland. This is not true.
        Starving child: "Please RA, give me a morsel of food or else I will die today?"
        Ra: cannot hear because he does not exist
        God: wishes he could but how about a christian instead.. oh they are still at the border trying to get visa's?
        Face it, mankind, probably atheists are killing the babies and children and God is taking them home.. God 1 mankind 0

Appalling. Unbelievable.

well atheists will do what atheists will do
            theres no doubt about that

have a great day :0)

2. Woman Of Courage profile image62
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Beelzedad, have fun with your favorite whining technique. I am sure it make your day worth living. God bless your heart.

If your god can take the time to bless my heart, do you think I could trade in that blessing for a morsel of food to stop at least one of his children from starving? Or, is that too much to ask? smile

It goes like this:
            SomePoster: "Woman of courage do you think i could trade my blessing in for one morsel of food to stop at least one of his children from starving"?
            Woman of courage: (hasn't the power to do that so you are asking the wrong source.)

child dies (because you prayed a miss instead of a hit, so in a round about way you killed a child with the atheist belief that you can do nothing through prayer)
            God takes the dead child home to be with him (hey i am still working on my salvation!... God: "now, now, hanging out, dont be selfish, lol")

Woman of courage prays: "God can SomePosters' morsel of food go to save a starving child"?
            God: "DONE"!

Narrator:   in the meantime other children die, SomePoster does not know he inadvertently saved one, but carries on with his usual protest about starving children.

A kindergarten playground attempt at shifting the blame. It would be cruel if it wasn't so puerile. smile

hurts dunnit.
                this lame argument is so over dude. Take your lumps and try another avenue.

4. nancypoh profile image60
    nancypohposted 13 years ago

Hmm...i have lot's of unanswered pray until now...since i accept Jesus Christ as my savior and my Lord...but now i realized why it all happened that way...it's just took a lot of time for me to understand the way He answered my pray..

on the inside looking out we see the truth
      on the outside looking in, we live in ignorance.
      Congratulations!
      Now watch him work miracles.

5. hanging out profile image60
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

when comparing starving children to disneyland you cannot hold the whole sphere of the world up and say this is unjust. Some parts of our planet have disneyland and other parts do not. Some parts of our world have starving people and other parts not so much. This argument is ridiculous on so many levels.
    1) the kids who live near disneyland don't even have to pray they just walk there.
    2) the kids who live a little farther away ask dad and IF dad is able he will take them to disneyland as his wallet allows him to
    3) the kid who prays to go to disneyland has many obstacles to overcome, otherwise he would not pray but ask dad, presumably he has asked dad and dad said no, because dad cannot afford it or it is simply too far.

The reasons people starve is much more complicated and varied.
    The arguer may well have just asked "how come i get to go to disneyland while so many children are starving"? Did the god of the bible bless you to go to disneyland while children starve or did you live near a disneyland, have enough money to go and hopped in the car and went to disneyland, while the God of the bible merely watched. I suppose He should have prevented the trip to disneyland because so many children are starving, this in the eyes of the arguer would have been fair. Since there are starving children we should close down disneyland until this situation is solved. I might assume this to be somewhat selfish.
    But while christian missionairies sleep on the floor and wait for visa's to enter a country to feed the starving and teach them to worship the true God of the bible, like america did for so many years and its painfully obvious to those who don't want to believe, that america is blessed above all nations, we will have to be content with the issue of starving people in the world.
    And this jesus knew 2000yrs ago in a simple line that says
           Matthew 26:11 "For ye have the poor always with you;
            but me ye have not always".
    and in keeping with the Love of God (of the bible) Jesus said:
            Matthew 5:3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit: for
            theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
    Why did He say this because those in need look up, where the God of the bible is.

Appalling. Unbelievable. Very disturbing.

Deleted

Thank you for considering this conversation over, I don't know how much more cruelty I could have endured from your appalling words.

thankyou

have many good days

6. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Jerami wrote:

How much more should we expect from God (or anyone) that we don't appreciate or acknowledge?
    = - = - = - =

We can expect much more than just Disneyland.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Ya just don't know what ya GOT  till ya loose it.

SO ?  does that mean that we just don't know all that we have been given?    OR     from whom?

It all comes from the source.
    A simple mind like me, knows that every thing comes from the gettin place.

doo dah, doo dah everything comes from the gettin place
      oh doo dah day smile

7. ceciliabeltran profile image63
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

too much romantic films, my mom is here...

8. andrea_mykala profile image57
    andrea_mykalaposted 13 years ago

Not to be rude or anything....., buuuuuut, we ALL have different views on God and how Prayers work in life, can't we all just accept that? Because thats probably all that God truly wants, is for his children to accept one another. Right? I may only be 17 years old, but I'm not completly oblivious to the world.

If you get the opportunity to tell a starving child that prayers work in life, even when their prayers for a morsel of food never get answered, perhaps you'll find out then whether or not they accept your views.  smile

What country are you talking about where all of those children are starving to death?

Have you never bothered to even research that? In all the posts where you defended your god, you really had no idea what is was you were defending? Shameful.

Back atcha ...   I have a reason for asking the question.

Can you answer it ??

he's probably gonna find out that AIDS is the main reason for the deaths. course maybe he thinks food is more important so they can spread this AIDS around more. Gods secret wisdom is unfathomable.
              All the people i prayed about got saved.. all the ones he prayed for didn't.
              sad, so sad.

That was what I was gonna come back with.

Those countries that are hit hardest with hungry children were hardest hit with AIDS.

I forget the verse ???   Something about Ungodly leaders bring hard times upon the general population.

Those countries hardest hit with Hungry children and Aids also have the most corrupt leaders.

His question about hungry Children has been answered 100s of times and he hasn't heard one of them.

1. alternate poet profile image68
                  alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You so miss the point - the 'poor' countries are that way because the 'rich' coutries help to keep them that way so they can indulge themselves in pious selfishness.  Christianity and its prayers are all about keeping what it has - while it mealy mouths about love and compassion.  If it got off its arse and did something useful maybe it would not be such a sick dog of a thing.

funny

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/3912262.jpg

hahaha hohohoho
                    maybe there is a place where you can say that on a stage

I know jerami
                  we all know

so much is like a broken record.
                  everytime i get a good line, its sounds like a personal attack and i just got back from a one week ban.

they have many tricks up their sleeves and me without even a sleeve

9. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

I hardly ever pray, but I do meditate on good things so that they may come my way, and I also try to change my way of thinking towards things that I can't change.

That reminds me of what my Grand Pa told me once.

"Ya gotta want something first or ya ain't gonna get it, unless it is something that you don't need  BUT  somebody wants to give ya;  like a STD or a Flat tire."

Something like that any way.

He also said that it is good for us to want something that we can't have!
         That way you will appreciate it when ya do get something that ya wanted.

meditate on good things? like what? a sheepskin rug? the comfy bed? lounger by the swimming pool?

who are they? that they might come your way. A cook? masseuse?
      Change my way of thinking toward things i can't change.

you confuse poor froggy

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

I believe you attract good and bad energies with your mind. The mind is a powerful weapon. So, instead of praying, I meditate on things I'd like to have in my life... not physical things, that you can buy with money, but you can attract other things such as opportunities to earn good money, resolve issues you might have with loved ones, health, etc. People that are always complaining tend to end badly... they get sick a lot, problems tend to follow them. That's how I think anyways. smile Confused still?

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3907371.jpg

oooh that make me so very happy
          i think i am evolving

no cook make my legs happy

1. profile image0

Who doesn't like a smiling frog?! lol

a cook

1. profile image0

I don't like frog legs, only alligator nuggets. big_smile

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3912255.jpg

didn't know they had those

1. profile image0

You can't feel bad for alligators now. They'll eat you for a snack if they get a chance!

10. 2besure profile image80
    2besureposted 13 years ago

No, I don't understand and I have been saved for 33 years.  Anyone who tries to explain it away, probably doesn't know either.  It had nothing to do with sin in a person's life because Jesus always healed sinners.  We just do not know.

11. Tamarajo profile image92
    Tamarajoposted 13 years ago

I believe when all is said and done  God will not be found in error or found unjust in anything even in the case of "unanswered prayer."    He has no need of explanation.  He is good and His covenant love endures forever.   He is so good that He sees no need to defend or justify Himself in the case of human conditions.

We are at times consumed by the desire or  need more so than on Him and His ways that the variables to that question are endless.   Guessing or speculating is pointless.

Only He knows and only He can answer that question.  But guaranteed He will be found good.

The non christian thinks this life is the most important and everything hinges on the quality of the life here on earth, but in the eyes of God that is not truth. The truth if we knew what God knows, would shock us to death, just to say, don't hold me accountable for that.
      Good points
      well said..

shalom sister

I see you are very keen to tell us what a non-christian thinks - but you are still unable to answer any one of the points made except with the moron frog face.  It fits you well.

I'm too Old and tired to read everything that has been written up until now!

what exactly do you want to know???

I'm telling ya like it is !!!!!

Time is getting short.

argue about what ever ya want to !!   Changes nuttin!
          \
                What do you want to know before it all ends ???

I'll be honest with my opinion.

I want to know why these forums are full of drive-by preaching fools coming up with the same old nonsense that requires the wame old response.  Why don't they keep their fantasies to themselves and go prepare for their imminent end - instead of bothering us normal people with it ?

because it is the power to jesus christ through the work of the cross that there is no other name under heaven whereby people may be saved from eternal damnation, separation from God forever. Inspite of all personal opinion of the unsaved the stakes are much higher than any human carnal mind can conceive! God created and God will have the final say. No one, no one unsaved, will withstand the mighty day of God who will separate the goats from the sheep and take onto himself all those that please him.
              Repent therefore and be saved! and make straight all your ways through the spirit of God which upon His forgiveness of all your sins, will empower you to follow in all His ways because of the Love of God that is placed abundantly in the saved persons heart.
              vrooom, vroooooom!
              http://s3.hubimg.com/u/3919182.jpg

12. Jerami profile image59

alternate poet wrote ...
      You so miss the point - the 'poor' countries are that way because the 'rich' countries help to keep them that way so they can indulge themselves in pious selfishness.  Christianity and its prayers are all about keeping what it has - while it mealy mouths about love and compassion.  If it got off its arse and did something useful maybe it would not be such a sick dog of a thing.
    - - - - -   
    =========

Do you have any suggestions as to how Christianity is supposed to impose its will over these richest countries.

How do we get them to quit being SOoo greedy and selfish?

And if Christianity were able to do that? 
      What would the rest of the world do then?

Christianity is a minority.

Why is it Christianity's responsibility to be the boss over those richest countries; and make them behave as if they have morals?

13. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 13 years ago

A very religious man lived right next door to an atheist. While the religious one prayed day in, day out, and was constantly on his knees in communion with his Lord, the atheist never even looked twice at a church.However, the atheist's life was good, he had a well-paying job and a beautiful wife, and his children were healthy and good-natured, whereas the pious man's job was strenuous and his wages were low, his wife was getting fatter every day and his kids wouldn't give him the time of the day.So one day, deep in prayer as usual, he raised his eyes towards heaven and asked:"Oh God, I honour you every day, I ask your advice for every problem and confess to you my every sin. Yet my neighbour, who doesn't even believe in you and certainly never prays, seems blessed with every happiness, while I go poor andsuffer many an indignity. Why is this?" And a great voice was heard from above:"BECAUSE HE DOESN'T BOTHER ME ALL THE TIME!"

14. seanorjohn profile image70
    seanorjohnposted 13 years ago

Praying to the wrong God
    Being destined for hell
    Being a general ar.....e

Or you might be praying for something that will bring unhappiness,

15. ddsurfsca profile image71
    ddsurfscaposted 13 years ago

I did not read every comment in this thread, but the ones I did read were way off. 

God answers every prayer, it just that people either do not hear the answer, or refuse to hear the answer.  God answers every prayer, He just does not always say yes to every prayer.  Just as a parent does not say yes to every childs request, and just like the child does not understand why the parent says no, this is how God answers prayer.

Your god never says yes to the starving, that's why they die of starvation. No food. Their prayers go unanswered. The starving do not understand why god does not answer their prayers.

Perhaps, you could explain to them how god answers every prayer so they may understand why they have to die in the name of your god. smile

1. ddsurfsca profile image71
        ddsurfscaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is not starving those children , their horrible and uncaring leaders are.  And even when ppl from here take them provisions, they are mostly taken away from them too.  put the blame where it belongs.  this world is quite large enough to feed all of us, but some of us are greedy bastards who don't care.   not god.  Just as when our children grow up and we cannot control them, the same are the men in this world in relation to god.  put the blame where it belongs.

He is far too busy answering the prayers of parents who want to send their kids to Disneyland. It is the prayers of the starving that he is ignoring.

That is entirely a false argument. It already has been shown there are plenty of countries throughout the world whose children starve to death and their leaders are not doing anything of the sort. 

Your god is to blame. He ignores the prayers of children for a morsel of food but grants the prayers of parents who want to send their kids to Disneyland. 

It squarely rests on your gods shoulders to stop sending kids to Disneyland and start feeding the starving, instead. smile

1. ddsurfsca profile image71
            ddsurfscaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do feed children in third world countries, and have nothing to do with disneyland, get your argument straight if you want to debate a topic with me.
            did you pray to go to disneyland as a kid and didn't get to go or what, you are repeating repeating the same thing, and it means nothing, nor adds nothing to the topic.
            if you are going to try to rip my words to shreds, at least know who you are talking to and what we are discussing.
            I spent 10 yrs in third world countries taking care of starving children and still sponser a couple now. 
            do you do anything to help them besides tearing god down for them being hungry?
            besides all that who says god does not answer prayer,. He seems to ansqwer my prayers well enough, I don't ask for the impossible, but my prayers are answered, maybe it is a personal problem between the asker and the giver.

The argument is straight. The claim about sending a kid to Disneyland as a result of god answering a prayer was made by a member here and is used as a shining example of any one of the examples Christians have offered as answered prayers.

This has absolutely nothing to do with what you or I do for those who have nothing and everything to do with answered prayers from your god. Try to stay focused on the topic. smile

16. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

Not one believer has, HONESTLY, answered the question of:  Why does God answer your prayers, but allow children in some countries to starve to death?  Not one of you has answered with anything that comes close to what a rational person would consider reasonable. 

You keep saying you have answered many times, and that we just don't get it, or that we are just not accepting your answer.

Your answers are, to put it plainly, UNTRUE!

And no body is going to cause there isn't an answer that will satisfy any mere mortal!

So why don't you put that rusty bicycle to rest?

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is an answer.

The answer is:  God is imaginary, and He is not answering your prayers.  You are only imagining that He is. He doesn't feed the starving children, because He is imaginary.  He can't do anything for believers or the starving children, because He is...imaginary!   

What I'm saying is that believers will not be honest enough to accept reason, logic, or common sense because the prime directive is to protect the faith at all cost.

The end

17. profile image61
    ConsumerAdvisorposted 13 years ago

I think this entire discussion is based on a faulty premise -- why some prayers aren't answered.

Truth is, every prayer is always answered; sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes no and sometimes wait.

And never forget, the prayers of sinners fall on deaf ears. So before you question your faith and God, take a look at yourself.

It would appear that you seem to know a great deal about prayers and how they are answered. Please explain then why a prayer for a child to go to Disneyland is answered in the affirmative while prayers from the starving for a morsel of food never get answered in the affirmative?

Perhaps, god is asking the starving to wait? How long will they wait while other kids get to go to Disneyland?

1. profile image0
        DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

its the same as every good deed was done by God, and every bad deed is just peopel's fault.

Yes, that is the contradiction. It's more than that, too.

It seems that god is most willing to provide trips to Disneyland, but will not provide food for the starving.

Believers have continued to state that providing food is our problem.

Why then is providing trips to Disneyland something that a god does?

What kind of twisted priorities does this god have if he gives out trips to Disneyland but not food for the starving?

1. profile image0

Beelyboy! I'm starving here! Come down to Miami and bring me some hot chicken wings for lunch please!

Sorry, I don't have any chicken wings handy, but I could offer you a hot pork sausage. smile

1. profile image0

Oh! You dirty old man! lol

No worries, the hot pork sausage is clean as a whistle, which can be confirmed by blowing it. smile

1. profile image0

ummm...did I miss the party?

2. profile image0

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss300/ElPoeta973/x_man-evil_nun.png

I'll have to eliminate the beelzebub!!!

2. profile image0

man, its late, im tired and slightly tipsy...... I so agree with you is all I can say.

plus you never answered me..cod..fish or call of duty?

3. hanging out profile image60

hahaha   beezy you think people dont read this forum. Your disney argument is so old and so defeated. I would think one might have more respect to his icons reputation than to be so obviously obsessed with a dead topic.
            I will bet you less than 1% of all christians go to disneyland and i will bet you 14% of all christians are trying to feed the starving in africa but unfortunately atheists stand inbetween the christians and their food and the starving; and i will bet you there are not 100 atheists feeding the starving even in their own neighborhoods.
            Atheists indeed are problematic.

I'm glad you believe so, we can add that to the long list of irrational beliefs you hold. smile

Yes, they come round and tweak that little thing believers have called a conscience. Their religions suppress it quite adequately, though. smile

so you just call all things you cannot argue with irrational. LOL
                this is why i won't talk to you, because you even lie to yourself.

I call your fantasies and contrived fabrications irrational.

You don't talk to anyone, you dictate your beliefs. Big difference. smile

2. libby101a profile image60
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Beelzedad, are you on the starving children/disneyland kick again?

I thought you were grazing towards greener pastures???

I gotta love ya Beelzedad!!!!

I'm not getting into this debate again!!! Just wanted to say hello!

Peace

Considering no answers have been provided that don't contradict one another, the issue is still wide open.

Are you or any other believer ever going to admit prayers don't get answered or will the same tired old contradictions be presented?

Hi! smile

The giant bones scam went well - after teh scam being pointed out many times, they were still talking about it all as though it were a true story,  I was a bit perplexed at first but then I realised that this is how religion works - kep staring at the blinding white light they claim and you become blind.

They are now doing the same with this prayer issue - many posts blandly and blatantly lying - that they have answered this question many times - and so no need for you to keep kicking that dead horse.  You keep on kicking it bro - they have NOT answered it yet, or admitted that it DOES NOT WORK.

I am having the same issue about speaking in tongues in another thread - they keep claiming it is proved and there is evidence but they never produce any - then carry on as though they have proved it and I am stoopid for kicking that particular dead horse.

Blindness is part of the price you pay for entry it would seem.

if you don't understand then you simply don't understand. We can tell you things till we are blue in the face and if you don't have a neuro-receptor for the information there is nothing that can be done.
              If all you end up doing is saying we are wrong because you don't understand, we give up trying to persuade you.
              If you perceive our truths as lies perhaps you are honestly in the wrong forum question, perhaps something in the philosophy section would be more to your style. But if you keep sticking yourself into areas where all you want to do is carnally analyze the information and process it logically, then please stop trying to be something or do something that you simply cannot do.
              for without faith it is impossible to please God or his children.
              The question has totally been answered. I am so sorry you cannot see it.. blindness is acquainted for those outside the christian realm NOT inside.

Such an answered topic, Next!

Yes, I've seen you sweep many things under the magic carpet of self-delusion. Understandably, you don't want to deal with it as it has the tendency to fall the house of cards that are your cherished beliefs. smile

no beel.. you simply cannot process this information according to christian knowledge. It is beyond your abilities. After 7 months of constant trolling and harassing the christian questions it is painfully obvious that you will never allow yourself to 'get it'. You prefer to argue and slander people and repeat yourself endlessly.
                The flaw is with you, not God, not christendom, its not the christian in africa trying desperately to feed children, who is in the wrong. Its not the christian down the street who gives to africa support groups. Its not everyone who believes in something that you do not, who is wrong. The flaw is in you.
                I am truly sorry that you do not understand simple basic Christianity. Please move on so others can grow without your hogging the resources, rudeness and slander.

I understand Christianity. Fantasies in favor of realities. Contradictions in favor of logic, reason and understanding. Shifting the burdens of responsibility.

Yes, I can understand how you as a Christian would consider the compassion for those who have nothing as being rude and slanderous. Your abundance speaks volumes, as do your beliefs. smile

You understand nothing... nothing.. and that is the point now.. forget the starving, the sick, the people recently hit by a moving vehicle, forget about the rich that get richer while the poor get poorer, forget about atheists killing children, forget about your unbounded compassion that you don't have. PLEASE.
                    You will never understand it. Never, so it seems. You now cannot see how your posts are slanderous. I am telling you now beel.. get out before you drive yourself insane. You are reaching a dangerous plateau and if you don't turn around and walk slowly calmly back the way you came, you will go right over the edge.
                    You deal with forces you don't know about. Look at earnest and his dilemma, "been there got the t-shirt and all the t-shirt said was 'gehenna bound'." You can't mock God and not lose your sanity.
                    But don't believe me, you never have and you never will.
                    But for your own sake (and the peacefulness of the forum) find another hobby, this one will destroy you.

2. profile image0

but.....I thought we were ALL sinners?

people are, in their natural state.. for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Our natural affection is to sin. BUT in jesus christ is forgiveness for those sins. Once a person repents of sin and asks God to handle his life the sins of the past are just that, past, forgotten, to be remembered no more. And the life of listening to God begins.

18. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"How do you explain unanswered prayer?"

I have seen this long enough...

The answer is:

Imaginary does not talk back...

19. pylos26 profile image70
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

B Bear wrote:   How do you explain unanswered prayer?

I rubbed a frickin hole into the side of a tight mouthed vessel but no Ginny appeared.

Is that not about the same predicament?

If ginnies existed it might be.
      but they don't.
      so its not.

1. pylos26 profile image70
        pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just my point bozo...neither does your jesus and answered prayers.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

Listen to "the secret" by rhonda byrne, et al.

some good insight there.

3. breakingnews profile image39
      breakingnewsposted 13 years ago

I really like answer as under:-

Troy C.posted 6 days agoin reply to this

. The answer just was'nt what you were looking for. It's like when a child asks his parent for somethig. A good parent knows if it good or bad in the long run and makes a decision based on that.

A good parent doesn't let their children starve to death when they ask for food. Gods do.

No.
          its your concept that puts blame where blame doesn't belong.
          part of the blame goes upon the person who is not part of the solution.

what solutions do you have?
          Get rid of the christians who are trying to feed the people in africa..
          nice one

Gibberish.

The solution is for your god to feed the starving, especially if he is going to send your kids to Disneyland. smile

no it isn't. God is under no obligation whatsoever to do anything. As i told you before children get a free ride to heaven, you want to keep them bound to earth to die as a sinner i suspect. God is doing the most merciful thing he can under all the conditions that restrain His abilities. Atheists are killing children, atheists. People with the same sliding morals as you have as you sit behind your desk in your posh environment and do absolutely nothing to solve the situation yourself.

Here is your contradiction:
              God does not exist
              there are starving children in the world, dying
              beelzedad is going to mcDonalds.
              There you go! There is your morality in a nutshell and your compassion.
              God doesn't exist, children starve, you can't even admit that your belief system is big part of that problem. you just point blame at the good guys who are praying, donating, sacrificing their whole lives to physically leave the country of their birth go to africa and spoon out food to the people you scream for help for from behind your desk.
              nice
              absolutely unbelievable.
              get out now while you still have some sanity!

round and round and round.  This pattern of thinking is a disturbing detachment from the basic understanding of reality. 
                It is absolutely unacceptable.

0 for 11

Then, you agree with me and admit your god does not answer prayers. See how easy that was?

Shameful and appalling words. Cruelty to the max.

Here comes the fabrication of lies.

Yes, I'll feed all the starving children in the world so that your god has a lot more time to send your kids to Disneyland, find your car keys and maybe a parking spot or two.

I would beg to differ and call that "insanity in a nutshell"

I don't blame the good guys, you are fabricating stories to support your irrational beliefs again. It's quite sad you feel the need to do such things without a shred of compassion.

sorry i am not going to feed into your impending insanity. Accept the fact that you don't get it and move on, have a life in something you understand.

I'm sure you do consider my compassion for the starving as insanity, considering it does not support your hatred for them and the fact they exist to defy your claims of answered prayers. Normally, it would eat away at ones conscience, if they had one. smile

1. profile image0

Are you serious? This threat is still talking about the starving? I thought I was A.D.D!!!

4. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"How do you explain unanswered prayer?"

Imaginary friends seldom answer,

You should know.
        My experience and other Christians is completely different

5. profile image0
      King Larryposted 13 years ago

well to be honest, the only god i worship is joe pesci.  why?  because i think he's a damn good actor, and he seems like a guy that can get things done.  thus, i pray to joe pesci.  of course, he doesn't always give me what i want but hey, it's the same thing with god.  50/50.  half the time you get what you want, and the other times you don't. 

of course, if my faith in joe pesci doesn't work, then i fall back on my fall back religion...which is the religion of (cocks gun)...smith & wesson!  big_smile

6. profile image0
      ShaunLindberghposted 13 years ago

Why do we always need to explain or rationalize stuff? We know next to nothing! 

If there is a formula for getting prayer answered, nobody knows it! Simplistic explanations are just that, simplistic. Nonsense.

There is no explanation. Maybe it's a mystery, maybe it's just random. Maybe there is God or god, maybe not.

Live today. Do the best you can. Help others. What more do you need?

Salvation for forgiveness of sins.. the power of the cross of jesus christ! Nobody can earn their way into heaven. It doesn't matter how many good works a person does if you don't know that person they aren't getting to live in your house.
        Why should God be different
        because he owes the human race an immortal existence.
        notta.
        because we want to sin and do what we want contrary to the rules in your house. No landlord puts up with that.
        Its important that humankind be on board and firmly practiced in the ways of God before they die.
        Understanding and experiencing the love of God is another thing a person needs.

2. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that includes thanking and praying to the Creator-God Allah YHWH who bestowed us life; who helps in our difficulties and has provided us everything we needed in and around us. He provided us body parts including our brain with which we work and think; outwardly He has provided materials for us which we use in daily life and produce more.

7. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

Spirit never stops sending signals of its intent to us in the relative world.  You can be aware of spirit crossing your path, uplifting you, many times a day.  And that's when (what we call) miracles happen.  We're startled into consciousness and learn the difference (even termporarily) between ego and spirit. 

A lot of the comments here are born of ego.  There are real 'believers' of everything but you guys tend to let your ego and defensiveness get in the way of enlightenment or an attempt to enlighten.  Forgiveness is born of awareness.  The more you can see and learn, the easier it is to forgive.

Spirit has no ulterior motive.  It acknowledges another person's need, but neither takes responsibility for it nor opposes it.  In this way the other person is seen as real and the other person feels validated.  It's the only true need any of us has (regarding spirit).  Spirit exists to give not to take.  It does not crave obedience or agreement and lives beyond your demands.

When you see yourself in this way, your relationships become sacred.

"I have joined the brotherhood of the worlds and everything's holy...even me."  - John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
        couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do some prayers go unanswered?  Perhaps your part is not yet wholly done.

8. TIRED profile image60
      TIREDposted 13 years ago

when we ask God for something all things has it times for the answer. in times when we ask God for something it is not yet time for what we have asked for, until He feels that it is a need for then. But, believe in what he promised us and all thing shall come to past. the time has not come for what you want, but God is always on time.

Yes, but the problem is that your god "feels that it is a need" to send someones kids to Disneyland, but does NOT "feel that it is a need" to feed the starving.

So, how long do the starving have to wait? How many trips to Disneyland will your god grant before he does something about it? smile

9. ddsurfsca profile image71

Don't you see, me or you or whoever IS the result of answered prayer.  When I was down there feeding kids, it was in answer to a prayer.  Now what.
      I can give you page after page of answered prayers if you would like to read them.  Would that prove anything to you>?  I doubt it.
      By the way, I have a football player here who told me to tell you that they do not pray to win the game when they pray they pray that they have a good game, that everyone does their best, and that nobody gets hurt.  He says those are answered prayers too. 
      I think if you need proof, I am going to start praying for you and you tell me later in the week if the prayers went unanswered.

That isn't an answer to a prayer, that is simply us doing something about it. That is the point being made all along that your god does not answer prayers, that it is humans who help.

Of course, if your god answered their prayers, they wouldn't be starving, would they? Yet, tens of thousands perish every day. There are plenty of secular organizations that help out too, but they don't exist as a result of answered prayers. They do it because they are humane and are not seeking some afterlife rewards for their kindness.

Of course not, as you can't distinguish whether or not they are answered prayers or the result of someone just doing something. You can pretend they are answered prayers if you wish, but it is all just pretend.

And yet, they have bad games, some don't do their best and many get injured. See how it's just pure nonsense to claim prayers get answered. 

What prayers? Be specific and don't generalize. smile

2. getitrite profile image71

All of our prayers for the starving children didn't work, they are still dying by the thousands, so, logically, prayer can't work on Beelzedad either.

10. ddsurfsca profile image71

and,
      Whoever told you that God was nice, straight lied to you.  God is not nice, he isn't a higher power that pampers christians.  Christians have been persecuted and killed and tortured for hundreds of years. 
      I will tell you this though, and that is that to those people that have faith in Him, He is real to them.  Not a fairy tale, not an invisible friend.  My God knows what I am going to ask for before I ask, and answers it.  I have had a very hard life.    I have been very poor, and have had people in my life that have beat me down, but I am here to say that my God not only saved my ass from those things, but saved me from a life of slavery, and gave me what He knew I wanted in my heart.  I am now happy, truly happy, and I am telling you that God does answer my prayers.  There is power in prayer.  It is all very real, so be careful with the fire you are playing with.

Christians have persecuted, killed and tortured for hundreds of years, too. What is your point?

Yes, it is fun to pretend, but aren't you an adult?

LOL! Yes, feel free to pretend in magical kingdoms and fairy tales that contradict reality. It's all very entertaining but quite puerile. smile

Tell that to these people.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/minimat_dj/starving_children_copie.jpg

right behind them and whenever they HEAR the word of god and ACCEPT jesus into their life, their life will miraculously change. This miracle of change occurs frequently, daily: adoption, sponsorship, a rescued village; and eventually Gods word will get to these poor people too. (for how can one believe but that they hear first?) But one thing is definitely for sure, the atheists of the world are the cause of this starvation and God is working to end it, in the meantime any deaths of innocents are gone home to God.

IMO, EVERY WORD OF THIS IS ABSURD!

It is absolutely disturbing that some believers can worship a God so noncompassionate, disrespectful, arrogant, and completely IMPOTENT.  Fortunately, this diabolical sadist, some call God does not exist.

Your imaginary nonsensical God cannot and will not do anything.

IMAGINARY=NOT REAL, MADE UP, BASELESS, ILLUSORY

I think you have described an atheist lol
              That's your perspective.. WE christians understand it perfectly. The question has been answered completely and accurately.
              We can agree on one thing... you understand very little about being a christian and the bible.
              good luck with that

heres a scenario for ya... if there were no atheists holding back Gods people from doing Christian things like feeding the hungry, then there would be no hungry. If there were no atheists and all people thought about God then there would be no hungry, because God would be everywhere, doing his business uninterrupted by atheists.
              So really instead of blaming God who is trying to help you really have to blame yourselves.
              let me introduce you to irony
              have fun with that too.

No.  I can't agree with this statement.

I grew up in the Pentacostal church.
                Both of my parents were saved.
                My father was an ordained minister.
                I was saved at eight years old.
                I LOVED Jesus!

I know plenty about being a Christian.
                Nice try though.

and yet you are stuck with this concept... you know less than you think

11. jiberish profile image79

I am always amazed when people they try to rationalize God as human, and assume they know his thoughts.  I know that some can't grasp the concept of a 'free will' because they want everything handed to them. maybe in your quest to find answerers you might ask for understanding. In order not to believe in God, you must first acknowledge that there is one.

It is answers we are looking for here, but none are being offered. smile

So using this logic, would you concur that everything YOU don't believe in, YOU actually acknowledge it all exists. That means no matter how nonsensical something is to YOU, it still exists, simply because YOU must first acknowledge that it is there in order to NOT believe in it?

Such as mermaids, dragons, FSM, etc.

I think she is just stating that if you are going to blame god you must first believe in one.
          I can't blame a unicorn for anything because they don't exist.
          As a non-believer you can't blame god for anything either.

You are in the wrong forum if you choose not to accept the answers as given by christians.
          You beat your heads against the wall trying to understand concepts that you either don't want understand or have no neuro receptor for.

Funny how you're not able to distinguish one fantasy from another, yet you believe one is a fantasy.

When we blame your god, we are actually blaming you for the contradictions you pose about your god.

The fact that some use their brains for more than just the separation of their ears means that contradictions are acknowledged and understood as contradictions. smile

12. profile image57
      ewhiskey50posted 13 years ago

Praise God, you so right you have to Believe without a shadow of doubt there is a God. And remember his thought is not your thoughts.

13. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years ago

It becomes absurd when believers in nonsense try to use reason to actually support their nonsensical beliefs.

It only makes sense to a delusional mind. The bible has no veracity, therefore it is irrelevant as a source of authority.

On ones quest to find God, why would one consider he has accomplished that when finding the bible, a book of unknown origin and dubious authors, filled with contradictions, and ignorance of physical science?

What a waste of ones mind to think that this primitive concept of God, in the bible, is the ultimate truth.

To think that a book of myths, written by goat herders from primitive times is a guide for ones life is psychotic.

It indicates a deep psychological/emotional need, based on fear of, and desire to please authority.

This is your opinion. You used to be pentecostal and now your out. It is best if you stay out.
        You will only end up like others, insane.
        Since you already have you opinion then just leave us alone. We really don't care for your rotten opinion and if you need to vent, write hubs.. but you offer nothing here.

14. Jerami profile image59

As a parent, do you say yes to all of your children's requests?

When they are hungry and want food, yes. Don't you? Or, do you let them starve to death promising to send them to Disneyland instead? smile

15. Wandah profile image64
      Wandahposted 13 years ago

I look at it this way..... Best answer I can give. Sometimes rejection is God's way of protection........ He knows best....

So, your god knows best when he grants prayers to go to Disneyland, but he says no to the prayers of the starving and they die.

How is that best? Please explain. smile

I wouldn't even bother giving an opinion wandah... what you have there is the largest most broken record around, with no thoughts of changing at all. The repetitious post is just a goad to elicite response and then drag you around with deafened ears and never any understanding..
        just walk away... nothing to see here.

16. Jerami profile image59

How many different ways are there to die.

Lets pray to end ALL deaths.

This method of dieing  (starvation) seems to bother you the most; I think that is because it would be the easiest for humanity to rectify.

Yet we don't seem to care enough to do it?
         So should we pray  "GOD ...  You do it please, in Jesus' name A MEN"

If God accomplished all of our responsibilities for US; we could just sit around and eat.

It just came to mind!   How many people die each year of starvation  vs  ....
         How many people die each year from health issues related to Obesity?   
         These are just as tragic don't you think?

You're taking the discussion off on another tangent. This has nothing to do about methods of dying and everything to do with the unanswered prayers of the starving and the answered prayers to got to Disneyland. It is a shining beacon of an example of the contradiction of prayer.

As you keep ignoring the point, your god is too busy granting prayers for trips to Disneyland. Why does he accomplish that and not feed the starving?

That is irrelevant, you are trying to derail the discussion. smile

My statement may complicate YOUR  tunnel vision?   
          If we are looking for answers as to why prayers are not answered concerning starvation?

I think that we should examine the thing that those prayers are about and see if the answer might be obvious.

Are we looking for an answer ?  or just arguing!

Starvation vs obesity?
             Mega rich  vs  Mega poor.

Seems like if there were more compromise in the world the problems would go away.

I'm looking for answers. Believers are not. They just want to believe that their god can do no wrong, despite reality.

Yes, I understand believers just want to wish away the problems of the world so they can uphold their irrational beliefs. Reality says otherwise. smile

just walk away jeremi
            walk away
            if he wants answers let him ask god

17. profile image61

Praying to go to Disneyland? Do people really do that? Gather up $80 and go to the Magic Kingdom -- I'm not sure that really requires prayer. Most people I know ( and I am far from 'religious' ) pray for things like patience in dealing with a troublesome teen or strength in dealing with a dying loved one -- Disneyland?

And yes, people starve to death every single day and it is a tragedy. However, they are not all in Ethiopia. They are in Chicago, Atlanta and every other large city in America. Maybe if you spent more time trying to help some local children eat one healthy meal a day, you could understand what God and his message are all about. You were created in his likeness -- show the same compassion to your fellow man that you EXPECT from your God.

Maybe you need to quit trolling on Hubpages and spend some time helping someone. Believe me, THEIR prayers would be answered.

This was just on shining example of the claims made here on these forums in regards to prayer.

God has no compassion whatsoever. He grants prayers for trips to Disneyland but does not grant the prayers of the starving.

But, they are not answered. Only trips to Disneyland are answered. smile

beautiful post ConsumerAdvisor but many of us don't think he has a life other than to troll. I mean no hubs, 7 months and the best he do is tell us he is soooo stuck on two items which can hardly be compared but he insists on holding them up and saying: look i am comparing these two items...
        just walk away
        his bumper sticker says "gehenna or bust".

1. Woman Of Courage profile image62

hanging out, I usually scroll past the broken record. Many of us have given him accurate answers. He is playing games and craving for attention to fill the void in his life.

18. profile image61

Fair enough -- God grants prayers to go to Disneyland and wishes all starving people to die. You have convinced me. Next topic....

19. profile image57
      ewhiskey50posted 13 years ago

Hello, as my Pastor preached on Sunday, Expecting God to show up, but he Stand you up. Remember God time is not our time, went we Pray and believe and have Faith, just keep confessing in your heart that he heard your prayer, dont give up. I Pray and agree with you for answer prayer.

20. jiberish profile image79

Beetzedad, it seems that your class envy is clouding your judgement.  No one here has said that you need a bible to become a Christian, and it wasn't God who took the kids to disneyland, but their parents. 

You want to find someone to blame for starving children, why can't you blame the people who accept millions in donations and don't distribute food to the starving.  Again, it's not God who passes out rice.  Again, please look up the meaning of 'free will', and get off the debate of Disneyland vs starving children, it's just not relevant.

You are free to argue that point with the Christians who made the claim that their god granted that particular prayer. I did not make that claim.

Again, I didn't make the claims that god is granting trips to Disneyland. So, when your god is answering the prayers for these trips, it runs contradictory to the prayers of the starving.

According to believers who thank their gods for their abundance, it would appear that your god does indeed hand out the rice, but only to the good Christians here and not elsewhere.

I understand it isn't relevant to believers. That's part of the problem. smile

Yeah, but if rice is passed out by humans, you will find a way to give God the credit.  It's just whenever it is not done that you blame humans.

God only gets credit-and-humans get the blame.  How convenient.

Whenever something debunks the insane beliefs of believers, it is immediately declared irrelevant---no matter how relevant it is.  Your free-will concept is only a concept, and was only allegedly given to man by a God, of which there is no evidence.
        Please explain, first, why there is no evidence of your God.

Your whole premise is indefensible, and you know it.
        That's why you go round and round and round.

This topic is so answered
                             because we know how God works.
                                           you do not.
          WE understand everything WE need to know. Sorry if you don't. Its not even a  hard concept.
          But like another person i will have to leave off talking to you as well because you don't want to know and are stubbornly rejecting the answers.
          Have a great day.

No, you don't understand, you simply want to believe that there are no contradictions in your belief system. If you acknowledged that there were, your belief system would disintegrate as the facts of reality spew forth onto your intellect like a tidal wave. smile

2. Woman Of Courage profile image62

Interesting, It seems to me that is exactly what you are doing. Everytime the truth strikes you really hard. You just go around and around with the same questions over and over again, stumbling around in the dark. Have a good day getitrite.

W.O.C. when did dishonesty become the truth?  When I hear the truth it will stand up to the rigors of verification.

No offense, but your answers appear to be dishonest and nonsensical.
            Please tell me how I'm suppose to accept answers that don't make sense unless one lives in the world of make believe.

If there has been any truthful answers, then, sense is nonsense and nonsense is sense.

Understand, I'm not just trying not to understand you, but you truly have very flawed reasoning, riddled with contradictions.

Your answers are absolute confirmations of the skeptics few, that believers are delusional.

I understand that some people need God, because this nonsense was programmed into our heads, and some of us became addicted to it.  And just like the crackhead doesn't think he can make it through the day without his fix, believers need their "fix" of Jesus everyday--maybe 5 or ten times, maybe even an all day binge.

I mean no disrespect to you WOC, it is this belief that causes otherwise decent people to transgress into dishonesty and just about anything else immoral, that offends me.

Does any of this make sense to you?
            Have a nice day, as well.

I may have heard a bit of honesty.

Maybe it is kinda like color blindness.
                Some people just can not see certain colors and to them; those colors just do not exist.

And because they can't see them, they feel cheated, and angry at those that can.

Remember I said "Kinda like"

21. hanging out profile image60
      hanging outposted 13 years ago

This is just a general list
      Right now i am praying for:
      missionaries
      gods church
      my spiritual family members
      Gods kingdom come
      knowledge wisdom and understanding for myself and all of Gods people.
      the unsaved, that they be saved
      health for people in jail in countries that are jesus intolerant.
      The saved people that they grow in God
      my next hub

what i am not praying for:
      a trip to disneyland lol

And, the starving to be fed. Yes, we know. Thanks for showing your compassion. smile

yah that is lumped in under the category MISSIONARIES. No point praying outside of gods will. When we understand how He works, we can then pray effectively. Of course some people think until disneyland is abolished from the face of the planet, god should do nothing. smile

Are you referring to the historic genocides perpetrated by Missionaries?

22. Jerami profile image59

Sometimes life here on earth seems kinda like a play ground.

And when it gets dark we gotta go home.

23. jiberish profile image79

Getitrite said: "When I hear the truth it will stand up to the rigors of verification."  The problem here is who decides on what the truth is, You?

24. ddsurfsca profile image71

your "logical" mind and way of thinking is so narrow that I wonder how you funtion.
        Let me see if I am to understand your proof of unanswered prayer.  Because there are starving children, this is proof possitive god does not answer prayer.
      because you cannot see god he doesnt exist.
      and the burn victim I saw healed before my very eyes, was a fairy tale.  Even though I saw it, it did not happen the right:?"
      by george, you have convinced me....and let me add to that, you are lost,
      You have tried to make me look foolish, and have tried to convince (yourself i think)everybody that there is not a god but my faith is simply my need to have a crutch, for my mind is weak.  I say you are wrong, and that my faith is real, and my prayers are answered.  my mind is far from weak, but it is open for that is the only way we are able to learn. 
      Yes, I fed those children in the name of my god, who directed my heart to do so, for the spirit god moves through his believers. 
      Just like you know that when you breath, air will enter your lungs, even though you cannot see it or prove it exists.
      There is no answer you will except, so stop repeating the same stale proof.  yes hungry children exist, this is a fact, it is not a fact that proves anything about prayer.

Nice of you to have started off your response with a personal insult. Does that make you feel superior?

Funny how you made that connection when no such connection has been presented. The actual connection made was the fact that believers pray for things, such as their abundance, their food, trips to Disneyland and such, and when they receive these things, they thank their gods for granting them.

This is the connection to the starving who also pray to the very same god for a morsel of food, but get nothing in return but an agonizing death.

Do you understand now?

You cannot see god either, yet you still believe he exists.

Yes, that it is indeed a fairy tale.

Obviously, you did not see that and are fabricating stories.

I have not attempted what you have so easily accomplished yourself.

That has been made quite apparent, by your own words.

I have little doubt that your "faith" is real it is the other claims you make about your god that far from real.

There you have it, the contradiction between you and the starving. Does it make you feel good your prayers are answered and theirs are not, and they die as a result.

That makes no sense. God answers your prayers and you have to feed other people. Why doesn't he just answer their prayers? Why don't those people have to feed you instead? Notice the simplicity of logic in your contradiction?

That is entirely false, we can see our atmosphere and easily prove it exists. Why would you need to fabricate a lie about that?

Yes, there is, but you have not provided it due to the fact that you are unable to explain away your contradiction.

Then, there isn't a single thing in your life that proves anything about prayer, either. Admit that honestly, and you'll have your answer. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)