Being a witch

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (169 posts)
  1. Cleanclover profile image43
    Cleancloverposted 13 years ago

An educated middle-aged lady tells me she is a witch and is a Wicca. How to take it? Would you believe in this non-sense or is there any truth to it?

1. SognoPiccolo profile image60
      SognoPiccoloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A person's religion is their choice. It is what makes them happy. Why would it matter if it is nonsense? Finding a path to the divine, however that path may go, is a matter of choice and faith. If you need to know how to take it... respect their decision, if you have questions and you feel you are close enough to this person, ask them about it. Being Wiccan doesn't make you a bad person. And it doesn't mean they worship Satan. Witches don't sacrifice animals or anything crazy like that. It's just how we choose to believe that makes us who we are.

2. profile image56
      realifeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you keep referring to this ONE single person... A person who I might add is not even Wiccan... he does not represent an entire religion... he looks like a nutter...

3. profile image56

Witches do serve the devil. And while some may have a good heart, and others use their power for bad...If you're not serving God, who are you serving? And yes human sacrifices do happen.

Wiccans do not believe in Satan... as Satan is a Christian invention. I have no doubt that people out there are crazy enough to sacrifice... but that does not mean that they are Witches... real witches... don't do that.  Never in all my life have I ever brought harm to another person...intentional or otherwise. To assume all people are bad because they do not believe in the same things you believe in is ridiculous. You can't hate EVERYONE. No one person could contain that much hate for the world because they are different, if it were possible then you couldn't really be considered a servant of God either.

1. profile image56

I don't hate anyone.  And just because they don't believe what I believe in doesn't make me dislike them either. I am stating my beliefs based off of experiences in my life, just like you are stating your beliefs based off of your personal experiences. I am capable of disagreeing with someone without hatred in my heart.

1. Ur Anaite profile image60
            Ur Anaiteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

real life serves the devil... not very nice thing to say is it?

At least the devil tells the truth.

1. heavenbound5511 profile image65
              heavenbound5511posted 13 years agoin reply to this

About your 8-point star profile image-All I have to say right now is an 8 point star means chaos and many ways to chaos-
              I had a candle holder of crystal once and during prayer at church someone told me that had never been in my house there was something deadly like acid in my house above my sink and if it got broke it would be like bad,dark spiritual acid. During this time period a lot of chaos was happening in myy house and life and every vessel type thing in my house was being broke and I was glad I was told and I got rid of it and also looked it up online. I found some info on how some people just work through symbols and such.just some info take it of leave it.

left out>on the bottom of candle holder was the star etched in

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
                  couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
                    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

heavenbound, I have once removed some items out an apartment where I previously lived. It's such a blessing you have thrown that candle away. I will search online for all occult symbols to make sure I don't have any of those items in my house.

2. LSKing profile image68
                LSKingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have more then that in your home. There's a whole list of products that supposedly fall under the anti-christ heading......if you believe in that sort of thing.

http://spaceport666.tripod.com/666business.html

I am aware there's many items that aren't wise to have in my home I just gave an example. Anyone interested in finding out what occult symbols and other stuff that are not wise to have in your house search it on the internet they have lists of stuff on different sites to inform people.

3. Ur Anaite profile image60

When is the first instance of the 8 pointed star representing chaos, my friend? Fantasy role palying games. Oh noes! the evil image of chaos since time immemorable.

As a practitioner of the Craft who has dabbled in many kinds of curse, your story rings hollow. It takes a lot more than a random spot of symbological significance to bring you harm.

2. heavenbound5511 profile image65

Satan is the father of ALL LIES. This is the truth!

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
                pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So if a person has not heard about God or Satan or Christianity and live a life that emulates Jesus in every way would you say God is responsible?

If the same person conducted his life in all things evil and bad would you say Satan is responsible?

Satan can't force us to do anything that we are not willing to do just as God can't force us.
                  We have to choose who to listen to. God tries to get us to listen to Him. Satan tries to persuade us to his will too.
                  God has a good plan for us and satan doesn't. We must learn and know the difference in who's calling us and who's voice is who's.

3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his avoice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and bleadeth them out.

Know the voice of God>
                  4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him(Jesus): for they aknow his bvoice.
                  5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of a strangers>John 10
                  Even in Duet 28 God says if you will harken and also if you will not harken =Listen.
                  Test the spirits to see if they are God.
                  God isn't the author of confusion.
                  God bless you!

1. pennyofheaven profile image80

I agree we must learn and know the difference.

2. Ur Anaite profile image60

Who told you that? I suppose you believe them?!? Satan (whos realm has never been lies btw) might have been working through them! How can you even trust the word of your Gods shepherds when they are possibly decieved by the father of all lies?

3. Nick Malizia profile image59
              Nick Maliziaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, and don't forget since realife serves the Devil he's also condemned to Hell with  absolutely no chance of parole.

LOL! Wow, entertaining ignorance for five seconds does relax the logical mind. :-) It's like meditation!

1. Druid Dude profile image61
                Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hell. What a concept. What day was it created on? 1st, 2nd,3rd,4th,5th, or 6th? 7th is out, God's day off. Seems he said something about creation being all good. Which part of that don't you get? Hell is where you'll be headed if you profess to judge others. Think about that.

2. Druid Dude profile image61

First, saying satan is a christian invention is totally in error. This concept appears in nearly every religion but with different names. Not all Wiccans claim to be witches, and those that do, don't always know the difference. Witches deal in black magic, Wiccans deal in natural Earth forces, and the two are not exclusive to each other. They can be both, but not necessarily so. Witches have no future. Wiccans do.

2. Reality Bytes profile image75
        Reality Bytesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pagans (witches) do not believe in your Jeebus/Debil paradigm.

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If she says she's not serving the devil, she's not.

Here's some Bible verses to inform...
          Elijah went before the people and said, "How long will you waver between two opinions? If the LORD is God, follow him; but if Baal is God, follow him." But the people said nothing.> 1 Kings 18:21

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.>Matt 12;30

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.>Matt 6;24

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
            Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yup - Christianity does indeed cause division and hatred wherever it is spread.  sad

Yup- Christ is coming and all of us will be divided you have accepted Him or not.

The division and hatred you create is there whether he comes back or not.

Hence the 2,000 years of wars. How sad. sad

Hence The Old Covenant verses the New Covenant- Jesus teaches love not war.
                  Big difference in what the message is today. The Bible says we those who believe>8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous: 9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. 10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: 11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it. 12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against [2] them that do evil.1 Peter 3

Hence- The message is accept Jesus as your Lord, then God can fulfill His promises to the one accepting His son.
                  We cannot on any level call evil good or good evil.
                  What God says isn't acceptable still isn't.
                  Against the sin but love the people- for it is the love of God that draws all people to Him NOT HATE.GOD LOVES WITCHES BUT NOT THE SIN-ANYONE UNDERSTAND THIS??
                  So you jumped in here to support witches or what?
                  For you know not what you do.
                  God BlesS yOu!

1. psycheskinner profile image82
                    psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I jumped in here to support followers of Wicca, yes. 

Because pagans are members of Hubpages too and have the right to be respected and treated the same as everyone else.

It would be easy to argue that mainstream religion is the real 'sin' here.  But I don't beleive in judging people.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

No - I added my comment because YOU are causing ill will and conflict by quoting nonsense about an Invisible Super Being not wanting people to do something. This is what your religion is all about. Conflict.

2. luvpassion profile image62
            luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

MM

Your last quote is in regards to worldly wealth. A Wiccan doesn't serve your devil. Consider giving this person a chance to be a friend. I wouldn't describe her faith as nonsense only different then yours.

The crystal you mentioned only has power if you believe it does...I'm curious, was the crystal given to you by someone specific?

Yes I realize the last part of the last verse is about money but God's is still against serving 2 master regardless of what is replacing Him.

Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.1 Cor 10:21

My reply About that item>
              And ye, in any wise keep [yourselves] from the accursed thing, lest ye make [yourselves] accursed, when ye take of the accursed thing, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it.> Josh 6:18

The bible says a lot more than this about items and there curses.
              God's people perish for the lack of knowledge.
              This is why God warned me. Thanks God for the warnings he gives to people.

1. luvpassion profile image62

You use scripture to mask your own bigotry brother/sister. Your verse in Math. Christ was speaking about wordly things and things of the flesh...you have twisted it to mean Christ was condeming others faith. Typical of the church to surpress other faiths just as the 25th was chosen as a day to celebrate a christian holiday to surpress its true meaning.

Are other faiths cursed as your quotes imply?  Perhaps by your narrow view of a world that's black or white.

Wiccans respect all religous belief...can you say the same? We seek balance with nature. Is the lion evil because it kills and eats the lamb? No. it's his nature  because there must be balance in nature. Loving and cruel. 

Blessings to you

4. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't believe the ignorance in some people!

5. Paul Wingert profile image59
        Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

realife stated that witches worship the devil. Where does he get his BS info from? He need to do some reaserch before making making outrageous statements.

6. the pink umbrella profile image74
        the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

witches serve the devil???? who ever said that?

That is what several people on this thread who simply don't know what they are talking about have said several times.  They probably also think Wiccans all have green skin and a wart on their nose. 

Seriously, people, Google "Wicca" before trying to offer any opion about what modern, or even historical, witchcraft and paganism is about.  These are real people you are talking about so what you think comes second to what they know. 

Or do you think we should believe what "witches" say about Christianity more than what Christians say?

7. hanwillingham profile image59
        hanwillinghamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah! I agree.

4. Jim Hunter profile image59
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do you care what someone else believes in?

Exactly... being human is about being different. The religion they follow doesn't make them a different person then what they were before you knew that.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image80

my neighbor is wiccan. she told me about it. she tries to do good spells to help her mom's arthritis.

It's fine.......no biggie

Huge Biggie to God! Saul died because of seeking them to help him! We can't afford opening those doors to the enemy, Only God can restore us not anything outside of God gives true restoration and healing without sinning.
            I would want Jesus to heal me not something not of God that can cause death to reign in me for going against God and saying I don't trust you by my actions and faith. Faith without works are dead. It counts what works we do while we're in faith. Have faith in God for he is faithful!

There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead.... For those nations, which you shall dispossess, listen to those who practice witchcraft and to diviners, but as for you, the Lord your God has not allowed you to do so (Deuteronomy 18:10,11,14,).

For rebellion is as the sin of divination, and insubordination is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He has also rejected you from being king (1 Samuel 15:23,)

Then they made their sons and their daughters pass through the fire, and practiced divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, provoking Him (2 Kings 17:17,).

And he made his son pass through the fire, practiced witchcraft and used divination, and dealt with mediums and spiritist. He did much evil in the sight of the Lord provoking Him to anger (2 Kings 21:6,).

Moreover, Josiah removed the mediums, and the spiritist and teraphim and the idols and all the abominations that were seen in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem. that he might confirm the words of the law which were written in the book that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the Lord (2 Kings 23:24,).

So Saul died for his trespass which he committed against the Lord, because of the word of the Lord which he did not keep; and also because he asked counsel of a medium, making inquiry of it, and did not inquire of the Lord. Therefore He killed him, and turned the kingdom to David the son of Jesse (1 Chronicles 10:13,).

1. mom101 profile image61
              mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

heavenbound,

Do you believe that miracles still happen today?

Yes, Jesus is healing, restoring and delivering people all the time.

These signs will follow those who believe In my name(Jesus) they will cast out devils, speak with new tongues lay hands on the sick and they will recover.Mark 16:17

We don't follow signs but signs follow us.

Agreed.

2. Nick Malizia profile image59

It's obviously a huge (verbose) biggie to someone. heh heh

3. luvpassion profile image62

Don't quote old testament scripture about one faith and then say the atheists can't use the old testament against yours. roll

BB

There's a difference between the Old and NEW TESTAMENT- It represents the Old covenant and the new Covenant. God said the new one is better with even better promises. God is faithful in keeping His promises you see if he promised something good in the Old testament for following Him I'm sure we can find at least 2-3 witnesses to that promise in the New testament also.

Now that we are under the new covenant, we are not under the penalty of the law. We are now given the opportunity to receive salvation as a free gift (Ephesians 2:8-9). Through the life-giving Holy Spirit who lives in all believers (Romans 8:9-11), we can now share in the inheritance of Christ and enjoy a permanent, unbroken relationship with God. Hebrews 9:15 declares, “For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that He has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.”

So atheists may not understand all this about God He's faithful and has made a way for us all and doesn't support hatred or murder.
                The greatest commandment of all love you neighbor as yourself.
                Anyway I don't know if this is the direction you were going in with your statement Luvpassion but here's my reply! God bless you!

You haven't proven anything with your quotes...your picking and chosing what you believe is right. How do you know atheists may not understand but simply choose not to believe.

You say this as though you understand everything and I don't believe from what you've written in this forum that you truly love your neighbor in your heart. From what you've written you only love the neighbors who believe the way you do everyone else is the enemy.

I see the fire of the sword of Christ in your red eye meant to burn and destroy others. sad

2. Beelzedad profile image58
                  Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You got that right. First, the Abrahamic god comes up with a book that is supposed to be his everlasting word, the absolute truth, the law of all laws... and then decides to change it all for a new improved everlasting word, absolute truth, blah, blah, blah...

Why didn't your god come up with the New Testament version in the first place? smile

5. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, it's about as much nonsense as being a catholic / protestant/ JW etc.  But of course if you say such things, you are tarred with the same brush as Mark Knowels.  (Bless him.)  Of course you can say magic is just hocus pocus but you try saying that about prayer and just watch the hate posts mount up.

6. pennyofheaven profile image80

It is obviously her truth. I would respect that. I have met witches. Don't know what kind they are or what they even do. What I do know is the one's I have met are loving, forgiving, and humble human beings. Whatever one labels themselves is of little significance to who they actually are in my opinion.

7. psycheskinner profile image82

I would respect anyone's chosen beleif system.  And, yes, Wicca is one of those systems.

8. the pink umbrella profile image74
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

non sense? who are you to decide if its nonsense. wow.

9. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think being a witch is a good thing to do; one could do so many other useful things.

2. profile image56
    realifeposted 13 years ago

http://www.relfe.com/07/Bill_William_Schnoebelen.html  check out this website. This type of stuff does exist. I would honestly stay away from her.

I have been Wiccan for over 12 years now ... Just because a person is Pagan, doesn't make them a bad person.

1. profile image56

I don't think that people who are Wiccan are bad people. I just know that it can open up doors to demonic activity. Sometimes evil can present itself as your friend or as non threatening. It's still bad. I've seen evil  spirits and have dealt with them myself. In my opinion it is a dangerous practice. I don't know you , I'm not saying you are a bad person. I'm not judging you. Only God can judge us. I'm far from perfect. I just think that the practice is dangerous. that's all.

1. Reality Bytes profile image75

There are demons living under your bed...   OOOOOOOHHH  Happy Halloween

1. profile image56

I'm not scared of demons. I've handled them before. Be blessed and take care.

I think everyone should be more afraid of what's going on in life... recession, economic downturn, healthcare issues... I hardly think staying away from a person because their religion seems like a big deal.

1. profile image56

I'm not afraid of anything. Everyone should be careful of the company they keep. I would never be mean to anyone based off of their religion.I personally don't want to hang with someone who practices witch craft because I have dealt with demonic spirits before and i am very sensitive to their presence. So it's not really that I hate witches or people who are pagans,, I can just sense spirits and I don't think that makes me a mean person just because I don't want to deal with that.

How are demons associated with Pagans?

Bless you and yours.

1. profile image56

Any religion that doesn't worship THE TRUE God, creator of all, can open up doors to demonic activity. I read that Pagans don't belive in satan. Is that true? If it is that's dangerous within itself. If satan can convince you that he doesn't exist, it's easy for him to become active in your life without you knowing the wiser. I don't know all the answers. And I'm not going to try and act like i do. Like i stated before I have had demonic experiences and I know that practicing witchcraft can open up doors to allowing these spirits to come in. My mother had played with the ouija board when she was a teenager. I believe this opened up the door to demonic spirits to feel free to come in. So i don't feel bad for not wanting to deal with that. Now if God told me to be in that persons life for whatever reason, I would.

2. lovelylizzy profile image59
              lovelylizzyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

DUDE,WTF?????????????????????  :?

Reality Bytes, that was hilarious!

2. Paul Wingert profile image59

I don't believe in Satan, so that must mean that satan convinved me that he isn't real! Wow! I learn something everyday! Oh wait a minute! Come to think of it, I don't believe on god either. Man, I must be on the roller coaster ride to hell! But then again, I was married once, so hell wouldn't scare me a bit. I've met pagans and witches and I think they're more down to earth than most Christians I know. I'd rather date a witch or Pagen over a Christian any day. Any single wiccan or pagan ladies out there. I'm available! lol Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get back to my ouija board.

3. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 13 years ago

I am a Pagan, not a Wiccan!

The "do no harm" philosophy does not fit in with my beliefs!

Try and threaten me or my family and I will do more then just harm you!

I AM A WITCH!

1. Jim Hunter profile image59

"Must be the season of the witch"

Season of the witch? I remember the song, just not the band. Damn memory has so many holes...

Donovan

2. Druid Dude profile image61

oooh, I'm scared of her. Nothing worse than a dumb witch.

3. profile image56

I thought witches didn't "do more than harm people" ? You all say how loving and kind you are, now you're threatening to do more than harm someone if they do something to your family? You're a pagan not a Wican? Then you say you are a witch. I'm a little confused about your post and what you stand for.

Please do not place me in any group. I am an individual human being.

Wicccans follow strictly down the Right hand path!

I wander between paths sometimes leaning towards the Left hand path.

Not all Wiccans are Witches!

Not all Witches are Wiccan!

Do they all have warts on their noses?

Or is that stereotyping?

Not all of them.

http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/59708/pretty-eyes-beautiful-attractive.jpg

1. Jerami profile image58
              Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Youth is beautiful   period.  even in a cartoon.    and

I don't care who they vote for!

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image80

that's pretty

2. profile image56

Witches look like everyday people.

2. profile image56

I'm not placing you in a group. You're the one that said you were a witch. Not me. Witches practice witchcraft. that's all I'm saying.

I stand alone! I am!

I stand for my individual beliefs.  I do not feel the need to follow any dogma.

I do no harm unless another is trying to harm me.

Violence needs to be embraced but controlled.

Without the power to protect oneself, one might as well rollover to every bully that recognises a weakness.

4. lovelylizzy profile image59
    lovelylizzyposted 13 years ago

i can't make people not beleive in,what they do,and come to my terms.i can't hate them for it either.they are just standing for what they believe in.but my TRUE opinion?

WITCHES AND WITCHCRAFT ARE A HELLA EVIL.   neutral

If you're a witch, then I'm the Holy Ghost.

Define Evil?

1. Nick Malizia profile image59

But wait, can we investigate/define Evil without becoming Evil? Quick, what does our instruction manual for living in and maintaining a bubble say?

3. SognoPiccolo profile image60

A man walking into a church and killing people is evil.. A child going to school with a gun and shooting his classmates... THAT is evil... a woman killing her own children for no known reason is evil... Having a religion and believing it and being happy is not evil. How could it be "hella evil" lovelylizzy?

5. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 13 years ago

Jeebus was a witch too. He studied with the Druids at Glastonbury - http://www.forteantimes.com/features/ar … itain.html

6. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Every word spoken out of everyones mouths do have a share of creative ability.
        When we realize that some of us may start keeping our mouths shut.   And others will step up the pace.

Be blessed.

Dig.

7. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago
  8. ddsurfsca profile image73
    ddsurfscaposted 13 years ago

Real life witches do exist in this world today.  There is a difference between the ones that practice black magic and white magic, the main difference being is who they draw their power from, the evil one or the Christ Child.  I have seen spells cast, and I have seen demons called up from Hell and fly around someones house, looking like bright green melting skeleton heads flying through the house. with fire following them.  It was really scary, and their were children present which made things worse yet.  Yes, witches exist today.

9. heavenbound5511 profile image65
    heavenbound5511posted 13 years ago

1st>Let me make it clear we no longer are supposed to kill witches because Jesus died for them too.

God loves them too! New covenant that Jesus died & rose for it to be put in effect which God says is a better covenant and in the 10 commandments> Thou shalt not murder!

God is against there idolatry and casting spells to snare His people and says that He will free us from there snares.

When I was being attacked by witches through curses sent and put on my property & church. Along with the ones that pretended to be Christians to infiltrate and try to tare down the church. They were trying to stop our praying, and praise & worship to put it short.

God told us one day through His spirit that if they would of never bothered us, would we have ever prayed for them?

That was a very deep question that cut to my heart and others. We are to be binding up there works and keeping ourselves prayed up so we can stand and pray for them& there salvation sending God's love, grace and mery to them in Jesus name.

Witchcraft & the occult are on the rise but so is God's spirit and power.

Do not fear a witch but also be wise as a serpent and innocent as a dove when addressing them. Pray for God to let you discern what spirits are on people and stay alert.

We must pray for them so they aren't destroyed by there own dark works. God wants the witches, He really loves them and understands they are in really really deep bondage.

Only God can give us real peace, power protection and love.

Just like the false God Dagon God caused the philistines false idol to fall over and break, so shall he do with todays idol worshipers idols, icons and spell materials.God makes there power useless.

In ISAIAH it says they use the wood for fuel then turn around and carve an image to worship and it is as powerless as a stump.

Well there is only one God and He is more powerful than anything the devil is working through them.

I did one page called cry for the withes>http://hubpages.com/hub/Cry-For-The-Witches

Also I have prayers titleD by name for breaking spells plus more.

God loves them and it sooo makes me mad when I read other pages and sites that are saying kill them HOW HORRIBLE!, that's just like saying kill the gays it is hate!- NOT WISDOM. Or when they say they appear to look a certain way- sooo untrue some look dark and others look and act like other people.You won't be able to tell who they are unless God shows you!

I really love witches even though some want to harm me,because God loves them but not there ways. Also we don't turn anyone away from our church even if they are a witch with bad intentions- we pray for them to repent and keep it all covered with prayer and God leads us. Witches and occult members, pagans are coming to Jesus everyday and being delivered from destruction. God is great and greatly to be praised!

I also have a page about ex-occult, ex-witches if anyone interested.

You've been attacked by witches...I see now why you loath them. They will get what's coming to them threefold if indeed they were the cause for your misfortune.

BB

I never said I hate witches did you even read what I put there? Doesn't seem like it at all- that's not the message I am sending at all!
          Just because they(some) do try to harm people God never says we are to hate them according to the new covenant that Jesus died and rose from the dead to allow us to be forgiven from sins, even idolatry and those that are out to do harm. We are to pray for them and love them but be wise at the same time.

I have made it clear again on what I have said -God bless you.

Your words reveal your message who are they? They are everyone that doesn't believe the way you do...isn't that true Wicca is not idolatry before you fire that shot you should know more about the beliefs you attack so vehemently you use the words Satan, evil, do harm with specific intent even though you may not realize it.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting.
      Witchcraft doesn't always reveal itself in direct blatant terms or ways.   Lying and other manipulations are witchcraft.  And there are no "white" witches, though many claim to be that and try to hide their evil under that term.  I personally know several people like that.

I'll be reading some of your articles.

1. libby101a profile image60
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it's called sugar coated evil!!!

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

2. heavenbound5511 profile image65

Amen Libby and Brenda!

What are you talking about, "There are no white witches?" There are plenty. You, madam, are racist. :-P

3. luvpassion profile image62

Lying is witchcraft Brenda? Surely you don't believe that. wink

Rebellion is witchcraft.
          What is wrong is wrong.
          I will not say that now evil acts are good
          or say what is good is evil.
          Satan is a lier- WITCHCRAFT is made out to look appealing to people and it's nothing but rebellion against God!
          Do you even know of all the different spell out there and the books of them?
          They are not good, they are evil PERIOD & IT'S witchcraft.
          Really? seriously?
          Yes they do reap what they sow but God want them free and forgiven and not in bondage to what they've sown for. Repentance is needed and it means to turn away and stop doing it and God will heal their bodies from the decay there sin of spell casting has caused in there own bodies. This is not God's will for them to suffer but be redeemed by Jesus!!
          God bless you!

Good grief! Why are you so angry and hate filled? You are merely doing Satan's work by causing so much ill will. You speak only for yourself. God want huh? lol lol 

May the Flying Spaghetti Monster (One True God) bless you with humility. And Al Fredo.

RAmen.

Perhaps because she can only see witchcraft through the lens of English translations of the Bible, and not as it is in the modern world?  The idea that followers of Wicca follow Satan and do evil is bizarre and incorrect.  Witch-hunting and burning is hardly a high point of the Christian tradtion, but some do persist with it.

2. luvpassion profile image62

Is it rebellion then to worship the universal being? Love my neighbors help the helpless and have compassion for the poor. Am I rebelling against the christian God when I do these things...If so condemn me if you will.

My husband is a christian and a soldier...he loves me, is he rebelling against your God also? roll

1. profile image52
              paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think difference of opinion is not a rebellion; you are OK accept that you believe Jesus as a son of god or god; that he was not; Jesus was as he proclaimed son of man/woman called Mary.

I have no desire to worship a zombie messiah, nor do I wish to take part in rituals involving eating flesh and drinking blood.

Kinda Creeeeeepppppppyyyyy!

There is no way you will get me to eat flesh and drink blood. 

creepy!

10. akuigla profile image60
    akuiglaposted 13 years ago

Real witch will never tell anyone that she/he is a witch.There are,however,ways to recognize a witch and deal with her/him if there is harm intended.
    It is possible that some people use word "witch" as to describe one who is not an evil.Witch,in the biblical and clasical meaning, will try to destroy someone to obtain good things for her/him.
    Basic difference between good and bad witch,wiccan,pagan and so on is: the real witch will try to destroy you!I know that from my own pain when my entire family was almost extinct!
    It took me awhile and with someones help to recognize and fight back the witch.

This is totally untrue!

11. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

If you arent careful, I will turn you into a frog - it has happened before... look at FROGDROPPING!  *ribbit*

12. ddsurfsca profile image73
    ddsurfscaposted 13 years ago

Some can make fun, others can scorn my ignorance as perceived by them, and still more will disregard my words because there's no proof, but 5 yrs ago, in a place called Oak View, where I lived and right next door to my place of employment, the police showed up with a warrant and when they pulled out box and after box of photos, showing human sacrifice, showing a man buried to his neck in a dry riverbottom, showing a woman giving birth and then a dead infant, I believe there are bad witches in this world, for I was present when they were arrested.  Furthermore I know a witch who is the sweetest person on earth.  As in all things there are good and bad, and what is a persons belief is theirs, but the question asked was do witches exist in this world today and to that I have to say yes.

Yes, those previously mentioned were disgusting psychopaths. Those aren't restricted to any one belief system. Every Wiccan I've known has been a mellow, compassionate human being. They aren't inherently evil.

Than they are just Wiccan not a Witch. Not all Wiccans are Witches just like not all Witches are Satanist and sacrifice animals ! We should know this by now.
        But all of them are committing Idolatry, if be to false gods or anything else placed above God it is idolatry.

13. Iontach profile image68
    Iontachposted 13 years ago

Well now we shouldn't judge! I'm a scientist, so I love my facts, but I always like to keep an open mind and say 'you never know', many 'unbelievable' things happen every day that can't be explained.
    Also Wiccan is a religion, so if you believe in God and practice any religion you shouldn't be judgmental to others (unless they involve killing or hurting innocent people).

((((unless they involve killing or hurting innocent people))))).

17And you, son of man, set your face against the daughters of your people who prophesy out of [the wishful thinking of] their own minds and hearts; prophesy against them,
      18And say, Thus says the Lord God: Woe to the women who sew pillows to all armholes and fasten magic, protective charms to all wrists, and deceptive veils upon the heads of those of every stature to hunt and capture human lives! Will you snare the lives of My people to keep your own selves alive?
      19You have profaned Me among My people [in payment] for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, slaying persons who should not die and giving [a guaranty of] life to those who should not live, by your lying to My people, who give heed to lies.
      20Therefore thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against your pillows and charms and veils with which you snare human lives like birds, and I will tear them from your arms and will let the lives you hunt go free, the lives you are snaring like birds.
      21Your [deceptive] veils also will I tear and deliver My people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted and snared. Then you shall know (understand and realize) that I am the Lord.
      22Because with lies you have made the righteous sad and disheartened, whom I have not made sad or disheartened, and because you have encouraged and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way and be saved [in that you falsely promised him life],
      23Therefore you will no more see false visions or practice divinations, and I will deliver My people out of your hand. Then you will know (understand and realize) that I am the Lord.  Ezekiel 13:17-23

My people perish from a lack of knowledge. > Hosea 4;6

14. andromida profile image57
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

Why all the Witches are always middle aged smile

Not true, where are you getting your info??

1. mom101 profile image61
        mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

heavenbound

Do you believe that miracles still exist today?

I answered this question above Mom101.

2. mega1 profile image78
          mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

most definitely, all kinds and sizes

15. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Being a witch

It is just superstition; there are no withces; neither in science nor in religion.

Moses, Jesus and Muhammad did not believe in them.

1. Beelzedad profile image58

In other words, their disbelief in witches is the same as our disbelief in Moses, Jesus and Muhammad. Yes, I see your point now. smile

That is quite ironic, as a Witch I do not believe in  Moses, Jesus or Muhammad.

Yet I am pretty sure I am real, I see reflections when I stand in front of a mirror?

16. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean other people can't.  The question is not whether the beleif is true, but whether it is a recognised beleif system to which people belong.  And it is.

17. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Dude, Wicca is not witchcraft as discussed in the Bible.  Not that people who are not Christain really care what the Bible says anyway. Are you able to discuss this topic in a secular frame of reference?

18. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

smile

19. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Free speech works for all.

The OP's question. I reckon if those practicing believe in what they do, fine. I can't quite see what the difference is between believing in witchcraft and any one of the many different religions. Unless you factor in the missing ingredient with witches - there's no money in it.

Had witchcraft caught on back in the day, we'd all (now) be rowing about the reality of it, where it originated from and so forth.

20. heavenbound5511 profile image65
    heavenbound5511posted 13 years ago

-Cry for the Witches-
    Tears like rain,
    Won't stop falling
    I cry, I plea
    Have mercy, great mercy
    To God, I send this petition
    You know not what you sow,
    Walking in great deception
    I stand in my identity,
    My identity in Christ
    As I stand in His protection,
    with aim full purpose,
    Exposing the lies, traps,
    And hooks dug so deep
    This is not an ambush,
    Despite sent decoys
    God has dealt with your demons,
    Your curses, vexes & darkness
    Because my God is most powerful,
    He created the heavens & earth
    All evil sent, falls to the ground
    With your every round
    With every attack,
    All are returned back
    My tears, tears for you,
    not rooted in fear
    For your freedom,
    I stand unbroken and strong
    In position of war,
    Warring for your souls
    God will have your souls,
    Stop sacrificing yourself in vain
    With God's latter rain, restraining you
    Showing you, what is really true
    You wanted power, protection & love,
    God is looking down on you in love
    His love will pull you out of the pit
    Your failed spells,
    Is a sign of pending destruction
    This is my plea, heed in time
    You're really in great need,
    Stop your demonic feed
    Your evil has failed to prevail,
    And your very own have forsaken you
    Whether electic, or in a coven,
    Your magic has abandoned you
    Magic workers,
    Whether pagans, sages, high priests,
    or just a novice--
    The all powerful God,
    Has become your Holy snare
    Apart from God,
    You are just satan's bait
    In the shadow of death, & distress,
    From serving your adversary
    God doesn't hate you,
    He made you
    Jesus is your redeemer,
    Crying for your redemption
    Soaked in tears, hear my plea
    God have mercy, great mercy

21. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 13 years ago

So, admittedly I've come into this late, but I'd like to throw in my two copper bits, though it'll likely incite Brenda to a violent bout of proselytizing.

To address what I have read, and I did skip a couple pages, I'd like to start with - Wicca is one of the youngest religions on the planet, with lots of "spun content" from other religions from history.  It's followers have a smorgasbord of beliefs, and may or may not believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ.

Now, given that the Bible states those who are saved are allowed to judge the world's follies, heck, there's even a part where Jesus tells people to judge with righteousness and by the word of God.

Whew! That is some hefty responsibility, unfortunately there are some problems with this:

1.)  Those who do not believe in the sovereignty of Jesus, God and the Christian religion as THE ONE TRUE WAY are not bound by the serpentine structures of the religion.

2.)  Satanists are better Christian knowledge bases than most Christians, a sad but true assessment I have made after long, long years of collecting scholarly types from many various religions - even Christians.

3.)  Being that the only real and lasting and proven consequences for one's actions occur while you are on this earth, the entire "Witches are going to hell" thing is really kind of funny.

4.)  Druid dude is not correct.  Witches concern themselves with a variety of magics, spiritual, earthly and banal.  Wiccans simply conform to any one of dozens of different subsets of Wicca, and may indeed concern themselves with the same variety of magics as non-Wiccan Witches.

5.)  The hypocrisy of some is a-freakin-mazing.  The cycle of "defending Christ" while derisively insulting other religions and then rousing yourselves to a lathered outrage when atheists do the same to your "God is the only and the best and neener neener" threads is old.  Very old.

6.)  To the Pastafarians:  Do not purchase your noodle dinners at Aldi's, for those who may live near that chain of stores.  It is to a proper noodle snack as dirt is to fine potting soil.  Also, when tithing spices to the bowl, make sure it's a shaker, not an open container.  Apparently half a container of cumin makes noodles taste terrible.  Poor gamergent.  sad

22. pennyofheaven profile image80
    pennyofheavenposted 13 years ago

Whats a Pastafarian?

A Pastafarian is>
      The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) is the deity of the parody religion[1][2] the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Pastafarianism.[3] Created in 2005 by Oregon State physics graduate Bobby Henderson, it was originally intended as a satirical protest against the decision by the Kansas State Board of Education to permit the teaching of intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in public schools. In an open letter sent to the Kansas State Board of Education, Henderson parodied the concept of intelligent design by professing belief in a supernatural creator that closely resembles spaghetti and meatballs. Henderson further called for his "Pastafarian" (wordplay on Rastafarian) theory of creation to be allotted equal time in science classrooms alongside intelligent design and evolution. He explained that since the intelligent design movement uses ambiguous references to an unspecified "Intelligent Designer", any conceivable entity may fulfill that role, even a Flying Spaghetti Monster. After Henderson published the letter on his website, it rapidly became an Internet phenomenon and a symbol for the case against teaching intelligent design in public schools as well as religion in general.

This stuff is non-sense and crazy God isn't the author of confusion. Lies lies when will people be able to tell the difference? God unveil our eyes I pray in Jesus name.

Agreed, Satan is the author of confusion.

23. gamergirl profile image84

@heavenbound:

It is only as crazy as the concept that there is a God.

24. profile image52

Being a witch

It is just superstition; there are no witchs; neither in science nor in religion.

Moses, Jesus and Muhammad did not believe in them.

1. Paul Wingert profile image59

Funny, Christianity is full of superstition, myth and plenty of non-stop nonsense. How would you know what Jesus, Moses or Mohamad believed in? Come to think of it, there's no proof that Moses or Jesus even existed.

25. couturepopcafe profile image61
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

Are witches and Wiccans not the same thing?  If not, what are the definable differences?

Spells - focused states of compelling attraction - are done on a daily basis by many people who practice visualization, thought entrainment, 'spell casting', meditation and any other form of attention focused on a particular outcome. 

Most people who do this direct their energy to a purpose which they think will make their lives better in some way.  There are probably people who direct their energy toward trying to make someone else miserable.  The bottom line is that any energy one summons to the fore can only affect themselves, not someone else.  Another person believing the 'witch' placed a spell on them is simply using his own energy to manifest his own fear.

Modern witches and Wuccans are indeed *not* the same thing as a bogeywomen mentioned in Christian texts.  I suggest Googling "Wicca" to get the basics.

2. gamergirl profile image84
      gamergirlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The definable difference between witches and Wiccans is an adherence to and alignment with the religion of Wicca.

Wiccans are those who are members of the Wiccan religion, and witches are those who perform magic.

It's really that cut and dry, to be honest.

The definition, when googled, includes wiccans and witches as one and the same.  Witchcraft is practiced by wiccans, according to google.  So I guess I was kind of looking for a hands on description.  The practice of pantheism and the concept of 'all things being alive' is not new, so I'm trying to find out what separates the 'religion' of wica from, say, Taoism which includes the concept of yin and yang, the polarization of opposites, without which there can be no manifestation.

Witches allegedly use supernatural or magical powers.  So I'm trying to find out what wiccans do if anything other than pay homage to all living things?  What, essentially, do they believe?

Change your mind = Change the world

It is not necessarily supernatural.  It is pretty plain whether or not there are rituals involved.

The individual only has the power to change themselves and the way they perceive the world around them.

Similar to prayer.

Very well stated.  smile

26. gamergirl profile image84

What Wiccans believe is varied by what 'denomination' they are.  Some Wiccans believe that fairies are real and that different spells and behaviors will draw fairies into their lives and spheres of influence.

Most of the Wiccans I know practice pantheism and its various forms (deist pantheism and natural pantheism) in their own rights.

Wiccans may or may not perform stylized rituals on any number of holy days with said holy days having emphasis on a yearly cycle featuring the solstices and equinoxes as well as other days.  They may or may not practice witchcraft in the sense of casting spells, divination and the like.

Witches practice witchcraft.  The commingling of terms comes in when you consider that the vast majority of witches fall somewhere under the Wiccan spectrum.

For note, there ARE Wiccans whose diety of choice is Jesus.

Interesting.  Thank you, gamergirl.

27. gamergirl profile image84

I should add the caveat to my above statement that I refer only to North American and European 'witches,' and that of course paths such as Voodoo, Voodaun and the scores of others who claim the heading of witchcraft fall under their own faith systems and customs.

28. Hotplate profile image61
    Hotplateposted 13 years ago

Every Wicca I've ever met has just been a fat white chic that has no friends and is looking to be a part of anything.

You do not get out much?

1. Hotplate profile image61
        Hotplateposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not around people that think they are witches.....

Of course everyone you meet greets you with a "Hi I'm Mike and I am a Hindu"?

Or can you just tell a person's religious beliefs with a glance?

Have you never heard of anyone praying?  Praying is the same as spellcasting, especially if it involves rosary beads.

Have you ever seen rituals?  In the name of the foddor, the sun, and the holy goat?  LOL

29. profile image0
    BunuBobuposted 13 years ago

Ask her for a money spell.
    Maybe something that can predict Lottery numbers.

30. dutchman1951 profile image61
    dutchman1951posted 13 years ago

From a 23 Year Practicioner in Wicca who left it for the foolish-ness it realy is. Its just another structured belief system, like Baptist or Catholic, and just as closed minded, cloaked in self-indignance and deemed as perfect

After reading this Thread I had to write this
    Below are the actal Tenants of Wicca

you can read it for real information

consider First please:

1. Wicca is NOT Witchcraft.

2. Witchcraft is a seperate stand alone belief and Practice

3. Some Wiccans Take up the supernatural in there Belief paths, (those whom are attracted to that supernatural side of belief systems) and they study Witchcraft on their own, it is not formaly taught in Coven Craft, but is allowed in the Belief.

4. Satinism is NOT Wicca, it is a seperate Belief all its own, just like Witchcraft. Both stand alone and seperate from Wicca

The Basic Beliefe:
    Deity:  In the center of everything is the God-ess (This is our shorthand for the deity construct and should not be mis-taken to mean a specifically female or male deity construct.). Like Gravity, God-ess is impersonal. It treats everyone alike. It transcends gender and human emotions. Certain ideas cluster around the Deity. We, here, are syncretic monotheists. Male and female, equal parts for re-birth to take place. Thus no beliefe in Devine Birth.

Reincarnation:  We define Reincarnation as an orderly system of learning through which a being progresses. This is not a tally of "sins" and punishments, nor is it a tally of good deeds. Compare human experiences to academic term papers, eg. a way of learning and improving.

Law of Attraction: What I do to other living creatures, I will draw to myself. Shakespeare called this Measure for Measure. It can also be expressed as "birds of a feather flock together." We do not, however, ascribe to the commonly called Law of Three where what I do comes back to me three times. We have had too much science in our backgrounds as one might think every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

The "Law of Three" that is so commonly touted, as a possible punishment when you are seen to be doing "bad" follows this concept: When you point your finger at another in judgement, anger, etc., you have three fingers pointing back at you. Where is the opportunity for spiritual growth? Your judgement of the person you are pointing one finger at? Or in reflecting upon the three fingers pointing back at you? Worth a moment to consider, eh?

Power Through Knowlege:  Power (energy) resides within each living creature. One can learn how to direct power. Whether energy or power feels "good" or "evil" depends upon the sender's intention. In our more enlightened times (remember these tenets have been with us for many, many years), we like to say that this also means self-empowerment through knowledge. The place to grow and learn is, again, within you. The more wisdom (Wicca) you gain, the more you will find self-empowerment.

Harmony:  One can perceive rhythms in the patterns of the sun, moon, and seasons. It makes sense to learn those rhythms and to live in harmony with them. This can balance out our lives and help us identify one's personal sense of harmony. Harmony and balance encourage to neither be too good nor too bad, but to find the balance in our lives.

after years of it; all of it to me now is self serving B.S.

Most of the Folks you encounter in it have a chip on their shoulder against Christianity.

They have been turned off by it, insulted by its members, and or afronted by it at some time in their lives and Turned from it, choosing Wicca as an alternative, but still searching for the Devine Universal Power, or truth.

Very Very Few are raised in Wicca, or Brought up in it. You will not find many, they are rare. And, those that are have no concept of God, and are blank to it.

After 23 years I can say; if anyone tells you different they full of it!

Most in Wicca today are from the Younger Disney I want to be a Witch generation, and try all kinds of eclectic beliefs that cloud the Basic fundimental Belief system, Just like Christians do to the Bible. The simularities are frightening.

I am sorry if this offends, but the above is what all find after years of study in it. It is a false doctrine.

White Wicca is contrived in the mind of a Person who can not totaly seperate from Christianity, still fearing the Devil, because whats left of there original Christian beliefe structure is imbeded. They do not want to go Full blown dark, or away from God (light) so they re-invent Wicca and call it White Wicca or White Magic. Meaning they only do good spells or prayers if you will!

But, true Wiccans have no concept of God, their beliefe is structured to be tied to earth cycles, life death and re-birth. They do not consider the Devine Birth. Or the God head, the Three in one, or the Holy trinity at all.

The God/dess to them is both ying and yang, positive and negitive energy.And they believe in re-incarnation.

In Wicca you work on the self, they believe you perfect the self as much as possible in each life and at death you are re-born to come back and continue the process of perfecting the self, you re-bore until you no longer need the Human shell and can pass on in spirit in the Perfection of the God/dess.
    They also do consider that if they harm or do not advance the self, they can be destroied in death and not allowed to be re-born.

In Modern Wicca, they use a phrase which is totaly mis-Interpreted by todays Practicioners.

"Harm none and do as Thy wilt"  It is from an anchient Italian Pagan Practice, (Strega) The meaning: act as your inner God acts, using your natural God power inside you, and you will never harm anything. Because you cannot go against your God nature;  or as in Taoism, be one with the Universal Center, stay in harmony to achieve light.

Todays meaning takes it as; you can do what you want to just don't harm anything.

If you take the modern meaning to heart, You can get the same bang for your buck going vegeterian and Green, and becoming an animal, earth and people lover.

Absolutely Nothing wrong with it at all, and it's harmless, but you are not a God inside you, you are Human.

If you think you have God powers;  head down to the Florida Keys position yourself on the beach and STOP a Hurricane!!!!!.....it will never happen folks, never...think!

The sacrifice rumors and murder stuff come from Wiccan Practices at altar. A Chalace symbolizes the female womb, and the Knife, the male penis. Wine is poured in the Challace as the Blood of Life, and the Tip of the Knife enters the Chamber to Unite the Powers of the High Priest and Priestess in blood at altar. Nothing more than that. Symbols of conceving life, re-birth

No Blood is ever spilled, that is Murder; and Wiccans do not do it. It is all life cycle symbolism, almost Catholic Mass like in its working, and to a new Wiccan or outsider can seem like that.

To truly understand the Origins, look up Grove Worship and how it was practiced by anchient societies.

so....now you Guys know. It is nothing more than another religion belief system.

The tools you use, cards, runes (rocks), chrystals etc, are all used to gain vision, or devination about yourself. You feel something changing or see things happening to you, that you do not understand and you read the cards, the rocks etc, and use earth things to center your human energy. Align to Earth Energy and be in harmony. Thus all goes as it should for you!

It is done to make "you" change and adapt; to read yourself, look into what you see comming for yourself in the future. You then work on the self, not others. You change you to adapt to your surroundings and those changes affecting you. making Life good again a nd you are balanced with the one Universal energy, the God/dess.

Wiccans who read Tarot for other's etc, are just filling the role of Fortune tellers, nothing more, and in truth are not working in good tenant in the Church of Wicca.

This is because any prediction changes that persons behavior (if they believe you)  You are responsible for the changes in their new mind set. Because you put those thoughts there. It is a big responsibility when you do this.

Wiccans, True one's, believe The spells, actions you cast "you" also live in. Thus you are responsible. If the person you read for, lets say- makes a drastic change due to your words and they are harmed by that change, then you did that to them!

Spells in Wicca are like prayers to a christian, you use them to make yourself change, adapt to the situations facing you. Thus you predict your own future and adapt your behavior to fit your predictions of yourself. Wicca is a lifestyle, not just a belief, and it takes desipline, self desipline' to stay with it. And self re-afirmation (re-studying the belief) that it works. As does Christianity. Repetitive learning to seat it deep in your mind.

So those that Truly believe stay in it for awile, the others less disiplined and there are many, leave it, and take off on their own,

They get the idea they can do it better or as they want it to be for them, and not as it is taught. They change it to fit their own individual mind set. Freelance it alone, or in a break out group's. Add Witchcraft as the central theme, or worse Satinism or a mix of all parts. Celtic, Strega, Egyptian, Greek pathions etc...

In Wicca you cast or Pray the self, not pray for others as do Christians.

There are three degrees of development in Wicca
    and step's as you increase knowledge.

They have a saying:
    At Degree one we give you to Yourself
    At Degreetwo We give You to your Community
    And at Degree Three- You, give yourself to the God/dess

But, years in the belief will do nothing except help you to be a little more reserved and humble. You can do that without all the bells and whistles by just growing up, and developing the Human side of yourself.

You can Take a Youga class and meditate, Belief in God, Buda etc...same thing.

Wicca is nothing special, Nothing sensational about Wicca at all. And despite many years at Altar and Bringing down the Moon (Calling the God/dess) She never showed up once folks, NOT ONCE

Priestess and Priests use all kinds of stimulation and drink, and claim to Fly between the worlds, to communicate with the Gods, and some slip up and overdose and not come back.

so please truly consider, and be carefull.
    If you want to follow do so, It is learning and life to experience, but always

Keep yourselves as the beautiful people that you are, and
    Learn to be still smile  It takes time, believe me

I am sorry if this offended, but this thread..!

31. Vala Faye profile image59
    Vala Fayeposted 13 years ago

I largely agree with the person above me. There still is a lot of misinformation out there apparently about these paths.

Bottom line:

* Paganism is an umbrella term for nature religions

* Wicca is a nature religion, one of many (others include Asatru, Druidism, etc)

* Wicca is the one with 'do no harm' though it is followed by many others as well, but only part of the Wiccan Dogma. Therefore, it would be against their own code to actually do sacrifices.

* Witchcraft is a practice,NOT a religion. It is often compatible with many nature religions and often exists within that cultural framework (For instance, an Asatruar is more likely to practise rune magic and galdr,than tarot cards due to cultural heritage, though this is still his own choice)

* There are those that are not religious and still a Witch due to Witchcraft being a practice...not a religion.

* Witchcraft is a tool. An art. It can be used according to the invididual's own personal code.

* 'Magic' is natural in all ways. Not supernatural. It will not go against the laws of nature, as it is in essence part of nature. It's like a river..it follows the path of least resistance. So there are *no* fireworks, most of the time, just an intense spiritual connection with the universe and a strong mental focus on the goal.

1. Beelzedad profile image58

Yet, 'magic' has never been acknowledged as natural in any way, and does in fact violate a number of physical laws of the universe. Not a single person anywhere at any time has ever demonstrated magic. In fact, there are organizations that will pay out millions of dollars to anyone who can demonstrate magic. smile

32. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

"Oh - I'm not a witch at all."   

(Sorry.  Couldn't resist.  I've just been wanting to say that on here for a long time now.  smile ).   I'll leave now.   hmm

http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/ab133/WhizFan/The%20WHIZ%20of%20OZ/WHIZOfOZ44.jpg

33. profile image52

There are no witches; it is just superstition to believe in them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)